PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak at AFC coaches breakfast (NFL owners meeting)

VonDoom
03-22-2016, 08:01 AM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2h2 hours ago

Kubiak: "Obviously we've got work to do & we'll create competition (at QB) ... we'll do it at our pace."

Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 2h2 hours ago

Coach Kubiak from AFC Coaches Breakfast: "We feel good about Mark (Sanchez)... Has a background in our terminology."

Kubiak said the preference is to bring in someone to compete with Sanchez. "We're not going to give anybody the job."

Kubiak: "Only Brock can answer that question (re: whether the Week 17 benching affected his thoughts on the Broncos)"

Kubiak: "It's time for us to find the next Brock Osweiler, the next young player to come in and compete"

Kubiak: "I think [Sanchez] is going to have to make us comfortable ... he's going to have to come in and do his job."

VonDoom
03-22-2016, 08:02 AM

Kubiak, on the O-line: "We have a lot of versatility" on the line. Says that Ryan Clady "is still a possibility ... still on our team."

Kubiak: "We went from being very thin to having some depth [on the offensive line]."

Kubiak: Okung's shoulder should allow him to be ready in May. Perhaps not full OTA work; team might limit his work, Kubiak said.

Kubiak, on Arian Foster: "I know how Arian works & takes care of himself ... going to look at everybody who's out there."

Kubiak, on the draft: "OL looks like a really strong year ... [overall] the draft looks deep to me."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2h2 hours ago

#broncos Kubiak said talked to Osweiler after signed w Houston. Wishes him well. On benching "I was one who put him in and believed in him"

VonDoom
03-22-2016, 08:04 AM

Kubiak on @Millerlite40 receiving more attention: "I think they deserve it. I'm proud of Von. He's become a leader."

Kubiak: Getting DeMarcus Ware back "was very big" ... "Leadership and wanting to be a part of this football team was a big part of it."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 2h2 hours ago

Previous players who have received franchise tag have skipped offseason. Will Von? "Obviously we expect everyone here," Kubiak said.

Kubiak: C.J. Anderson "is really just getting started"

Kubiak: "We are going to be a balanced football team. We need to be better offensively than we were last year."

Kubiak: Replacing Jackson at DE will be collaborative ... says that "we can get better in the draft, & that's what we plan on doing."

Kubiak: "We wanted C.J. back, and we're just glad to have him back."

VonDoom
03-22-2016, 08:06 AM

Kubiak feels like Heuerman "can be a total tight end."

Kubiak, on Daniels: "I don't think you ever close the door on things down the road ... he played big in some big games ... time will tell."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2h2 hours ago

#Broncos Kubiak said CJ hasn't reached potential yet "key is keeping him healthy for 16 games"

Kubiak on T Donald Stephenson: "We like his versatility. We like his nastiness and think he's a good fit for us."

Kubiak: Safety depth "no doubt" needs to be addressed ... "It's a place we're very thin if you're looking at our roster right now."

Kubiak: "We are going to be a different football team, but my approach is we have to have the same standard."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1h1 hour ago

Kubiak expects Thomas, Sanders, Anderson and Paradis to step up as leaders on offense in Manning's retirement.

Kubiak, on Trevathan: "He was a leader in his play, very emotional kid ... we'll miss Danny's personality, how hard he plays."

Kubiak: deal with Russell Okung came together "very fast."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1h1 hour ago

#Broncos Kubiak said that important to move Emmanuel and DT around more in offense. Expects DT to improve simply by limiting drops

VonDoom
03-22-2016, 08:08 AM

Kubiak says he talks to Mike Shanahan often, but also leans on the experiences with Shanahan, & how he dealt with trying to go back-to-back.

Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 1h1 hour ago

Kubiak: "I think we have a really good football team. The QB position will be competitive, and we'll get it right."

Shane Ray "is ready to make a jump," Kubiak says.

Kubiak: you don't want to rush QBs as rookies, but with Siemian in his second year, "it's time to rush Trevor." Wants to see how he's grown.

Kubiak, on Jordan Taylor: "He got a lot of pub ... I think we've got a lot of practice-squad guys who can take the next step."

Kubiak: Competition committee stuff re: blocking "can definitely change some of your teachings, some of your techniques."

Kubiak: Ryan Clady "is very close ... he's ready to be a participant in our offseason program."

Kubiak: "There will be some (fullbacks) on the roster ... those guys are hard to come by." Says there are "a few" in the draft.

Kubiak said Joe DeCamillis was out on the road, looking for new long snappers.

VonDoom
03-22-2016, 08:10 AM

#broncos Kubiak said he talked to Jordan Norwood on Monday. It is a sign of how much they want WR back

#Broncos Kubiak said T Davis and Nelson will have chance to start And BMarsh could move to Trevathan's spot. A lot of options

Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 1h1 hour ago

Kubiak on '15 Broncos: "We had a lot of personalities, but when it was time to go to work, no team did it better."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 60m60 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said Heuerman will be full go in OTAs.Sambrailo will be there but might be limited bc of shoulder. Will get chance at guard

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 59m59 minutes ago

Kubiak says they have evaluated RG3. Can't comment on Kaep b/c he's under contract w/ 49ers.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 57m57 minutes ago

Kubiak: Bibbs has shown flashes, is capable, but must be more consistent.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 52m52 minutes ago

Kubiak asked if he ever wondered in @sonofbum would retire post SB: "What would Wade do if he wasn't on Twitter or coaching ball?"

Buff
03-22-2016, 09:25 AM
I want DeCamillis' gig where you get paid to travel around and find the next long snapper.

BroncoJoe
03-22-2016, 09:32 AM
Thanks for posting these, VD.

VonDoom
03-22-2016, 09:45 AM
I want DeCamillis' gig where you get paid to travel around and find the next long snapper.

Sounds like a pretty good job, especially if you can tie it into a vacation in a warm climate.

turftoad
03-22-2016, 11:33 AM
Thanks for posting these, VD.

I agree! Thanks buddy!

BroncoJoe
03-22-2016, 04:08 PM

I'd guess you'd be really good at it. You know, because looking at men in that position and all....

:heh:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-22-2016, 04:58 PM
Kubiak: No greater leader than Peyton Manning

The Broncos' head coach talks about the retirement of quarterback Peyton Manning and how Denver will move forward.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Kubiak-No-greater-leader-than-Peyton-Manning/94e69cae-431a-48c1-ba24-a890df78eea1

Denver Native (Carol)
03-23-2016, 11:12 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h

Broncos contingent has departed from NFL owners meetings trying to time the Denver storm. #9news #9sports