PDA

View Full Version : Elway talks Von extension, QB competition, O-line

VonDoom
03-21-2016, 02:15 PM
The Broncos placed an exclusive franchise tag on Miller, meaning he's not going anywhere this season. Elway said the sides continue to discuss a long-term deal, and he hopes an accord can be reached before offseason workouts begin on April 18. Last season wide receiver Demaryius Thomas skipped the practices before signing a deal on the July 15 deadline.

"I don't see the benefit of it, but the (players) obviously do. But we are going to do everything we can and are hopeful we can come to some kind of agreement," Elway said. "Von is a big part of this. We want him to continue to be a big part. We are hopeful we can come to some kind of agreement."

"We will bring somebody in to compete. We are not going to just turn the job over to Mark now, even though I know he's excited about competing for the job," Elway said. "Everything is out there. There are a still a lot of guys. You never know what's going to fall out of the tree. We are not in any rush."

"We are excited about the bookends. Donald is a young guy we think has a tremendous amount of upside. And Russell is a guy who has played solid the last five or six years, been on championships teams and knows what it takes. Plus it gives us flexibility with the guys we have now with Sambrailo and Schofield (on playing guard)," Elway said. "Different guys can go different places. It opens us up for the draft, and we can get to the point where we can take the best player."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29666442/broncos-john-elway-continues-talk-longterm-deal-von

Simple Jaded
03-21-2016, 10:08 PM
LT -- Okung
LG -- Sambrialo
C -- Garcia
RG -- Stephenson
RT -- Clady

Suckfield swing G
LeRaven Clark swing T
Paradis emergency C

Cut the punter to make room for your draft class.

DO IT!

You're welcome.

tomjonesrocks
03-21-2016, 10:13 PM

Colquitt had a mixed bag regular season but was great in the postseason.

Don't think he's a sensible cut right now but would say the same about Brewer.

Simple Jaded
03-21-2016, 10:26 PM
Colquitt had a mixed bag regular season but was great in the postseason.

Don't think he's a sensible cut right now but would say the same about Brewer.

I think we could expect a mixed bag from a replacement too.

It can save about $3 MM and they're currently about $2 MM under the cap. I think getting rid of Clady is a far worse idea.

tomjonesrocks
03-21-2016, 10:54 PM
I think we could expect a mixed bag from a replacement too. It can save about $3 MM and they're currently about $2 MM under the cap. I think getting rid of Clady is a far worse idea.

Clady was consistently ranked quite poorly throughout 2014 and finished with a -2.8 PFF grade if I recall.

Cugel
03-22-2016, 12:04 AM
Wow. I didn't know that Cleveland had given up on trading for Kaepernick and is moving towards signing RGIII. That makes sense. If you have a crappy team, why not get a crappy QB and lose 12-14 games next year and get another top 10 pick?

They can draft their franchise QB either with this year's #2 overall pick, or perhaps next year's #1 overall pick! :beer:

Cugel
03-22-2016, 12:06 AM
Clady was consistently ranked quite poorly throughout 2014 and finished with a -2.8 PFF grade if I recall.

Yes. He was still rather limited by the lis franc injury in 2014. That can have lasting effects for over 1 year after all as anybody who has had it can tell you. Probably not the best injury for a 320 lb guy either.

Whether he's fully recovered from the knee injury we don't know. It's tough to trust a guy who blows out his knee in a non-contact scrimmage in July. That does not inspire total confidence he'll stay healthy, which is why they wanted to low-ball him so much on his contract.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-22-2016, 09:28 AM
Which unfortunately is still much better than anyone else on the roster not named Okung.

NightTerror218
03-22-2016, 10:07 AM
LT -- Okung
LG -- Sambrialo
C -- Garcia
RG -- Stephenson
RT -- Clady

Suckfield swing G
LeRaven Clark swing T
Paradis emergency C

DO IT!

You're welcome.

Lmfao. You know paradis is long term C and will prob get extended after next season. Garcia is beast G. And Clady will be gone. Can't afford him and okung.

TXBRONC
03-22-2016, 08:32 PM
Lmfao. You know paradis is long term C and will prob get extended after next season. Garcia is beast G. And Clady will be gone. Can't afford him and okung.

Denver could afford him if he was willing restructure at the price Elway was seeking.

Simple Jaded
03-22-2016, 10:17 PM

Laugh all you want but I'm not the only one talking like Paradis isn't the next Tom Nalen, and I'm not the only who knows Garcia can play C. He's just a guy, I'm not sure why people get butthurt about it. He's the epitome of J.A.G, continuity is the best thing he's got going right now.

Denver used to get by with players like this, used to, but they have fatal flaws.

Mathis, Vasquez and Harris were all far, far better than Paradis, where are they now?

And currently, if you wanna get your 5 best OL's on the field at once I think we can all agree that doesn't include Paradis.

NightTerror218
03-22-2016, 10:34 PM
Laugh all you want but I'm not the only one talking like Paradis isn't the next Tom Nalen, and I'm not the only who knows Garcia can play C. He's just a guy, I'm not sure why people get butthurt about it. He's the epitome of J.A.G, continuity is the best thing he's got going right now.

Denver used to get by with players like this, used to, but they have fatal flaws.

Mathis, Vasquez and Harris were all far, far better than Paradis, where are they now?

And currently, if you wanna get your 5 best OL's on the field at once I think we can all agree that doesn't include Paradis.

Right now yes it does include him as one of our top 5 OL.

Simple Jaded
03-22-2016, 10:37 PM
Right now yes it does include him as one of our top 5 OL.

Okung, Clady, Sampro, Stephenson and Garcia, where does he fit in there?

dogfish
03-23-2016, 12:16 AM
Okung, Clady, Sampro, Stephenson and Garcia, where does he fit in there?

okay, what's up with the whole "samprolo" thing? why can you not just spell ty sombrero's name properly?

Simple Jaded
03-23-2016, 05:27 PM
okay, what's up with the whole "samprolo" thing? why can you not just spell ty sombrero's name properly?

It's autocorrect, I must've typed that out once and it goes back to it every time I use his real name. It started as an inside thing between buddies, "Pro" is an insult, usually means he sucks. Proweiler is another, Tim TePro.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-23-2016, 05:35 PM
Jaded-

Did you hear John talking about working on an extension for Paradis?

Simple Jaded
03-23-2016, 05:37 PM
Jaded-

Who is John?

dogfish
03-23-2016, 05:42 PM
It's autocorrect, I must've typed that out once and it goes back to it every time I use his real name. It started as an inside thing between buddies, "Pro" is an insult, usually means he sucks. Proweiler is another, Tim TePro.

got it. . . yea, that was totally over my head. . .

Jaded-

dang, big al, why you gotta do him like that?

:laugh:

Simple Jaded
03-23-2016, 05:50 PM
Yeah Al, wtf?

TXBRONC
03-23-2016, 06:17 PM
Who is John?

You know who Al is talking about. :tsk:

Simple Jaded
03-23-2016, 07:01 PM
You who know Al is talking about. :tsk:

John is dead to me.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-23-2016, 07:41 PM
John is dead to me.

John actually wasn't talking about an extension for Paradis. That was just me being me.

TXBRONC
03-23-2016, 07:51 PM
John is dead to me.

Ok Tony.

Simple Jaded
03-23-2016, 08:33 PM
John actually wasn't talking about an extension for Paradis. That was just me being me.

Not cool, dude, I joke to make you laugh, you joke to make me hurt.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-23-2016, 08:38 PM
Not cool, dude, I joke to make you laugh, you joke to make me hurt.

https://youtu.be/6pHNkOQCIzk

Simple Jaded
03-23-2016, 09:01 PM
I'm not looking at that, no way.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-23-2016, 09:02 PM
I'm not looking at that, no way.

It's a music video you fraidy cat.

Simple Jaded
03-23-2016, 09:04 PM
Aww, I can't quit you.

NightTerror218
03-23-2016, 09:31 PM
Bengals are willing to listen to McCarron trade talks per NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000646352/article/bengals-owner-not-totally-ruling-out-aj-mccarron-trade

I would make a run

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-23-2016, 11:52 PM
Bengals are willing to listen to McCarron trade talks per NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000646352/article/bengals-owner-not-totally-ruling-out-aj-mccarron-trade

I would make a run

He played as well against Denver as any other quarterback not named Ben.