PDA

View Full Version : Solutions without a problem

LawDog
03-17-2016, 01:35 PM
per Ian Rappaport:

Hmmm1: #KCChiefs propose to prohibit quarterbacks from falling to the ground, getting up, and throwing a forward pass.

Yeah, because this is going to become all the rage amongst QB's. #IsStupidityPainful?

P.S. not sure this really needed its own thread. Apology in advance...

BroncoJoe
03-17-2016, 01:38 PM
per Ian Rappaport:

Hmmm1: #KCChiefs propose to prohibit quarterbacks from falling to the ground, getting up, and throwing a forward pass.

Yeah, because this is going to become all the rage amongst QB's. #IsStupidityPainful?

LOL. If I'm honest, that was a very strange play and if a QB did that to our defense, I'd complain too.

It was brilliant though. Very Belichick like.

LawDog
03-17-2016, 01:47 PM
LOL. If I'm honest, that was a very strange play and if a QB did that to our defense, I'd complain too.

It was brilliant though. Very Belichick like.

You'd have to check with Joel to get the exact odds, but it is an extremely low percentage play.

Buff
03-17-2016, 01:54 PM
The Chiefs ain't help us do nothing. They sorry.

Poet
03-17-2016, 02:02 PM

Prophet Talib?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-17-2016, 02:07 PM
Prophet Talib?

:laugh:

Poet
03-17-2016, 03:27 PM
:laugh:

Was I wrong?

GEM
03-17-2016, 03:48 PM
per Ian Rappaport:

They hated the Manning vs. Pitt play. :laugh:

OrangeHoof
03-17-2016, 03:55 PM
I would have expected the Steelers to propose this rule but then they're afraid someone would propose a "play is dead if QB has two or more tacklers draped over him" rule which Rapeslisberger is the only guy that keeps that play alive.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-17-2016, 05:15 PM
Was I wrong?

Right or wrong I don't know....
It was perfect though.

Slick
03-17-2016, 05:33 PM

You forgot, We ain't look at nothing the Chiefs did. They got served.

GEM
03-17-2016, 06:17 PM
They're all butt hurt over something that didn't even happen to them. :laugh:

SmilinAssasSin27
03-17-2016, 08:00 PM
I would have expected the Steelers to propose this rule but then they're afraid someone would propose a "play is dead if QB has two or more tacklers draped over him" rule which Rapeslisberger is the only guy that keeps that play alive.

I really thought you were gonna say have a quarterback with two or more rape accusations against him.

Simple Jaded
03-17-2016, 11:55 PM
Should outlaw the pump fake too.

NightTerror218
03-18-2016, 12:08 AM
If you watch reply Peyton slipped. But if a QB goes down on purpose it's a self sack aka giving for self up.

Read that competition committee is not interested in this one as option.

NightTerror218
03-18-2016, 12:09 AM
KC learn to coach and tell players to play until whistle.

Hawgdriver
03-18-2016, 01:41 AM
They're all butt hurt over something that didn't even happen to them. :laugh:

They found a dirt next year. La raza bitch!

spikerman
03-18-2016, 05:57 AM
Honestly, putting my officiating hat on, I still believe Manning was initially giving himself up on that play and should have been ruled down. I'm glad he wasn't though. :). Still, it's not worth a rule change.

sneakers
03-18-2016, 06:20 AM
i am confused

artie_dale
03-18-2016, 09:04 AM
There are already rules for that. If the QB doesn't slide feet first and if the defense doesn't touch the QB while he is down, HE'S NOT DOWN. He can stand the F up and exploit the defense, which is what Peyton did.

GEM
03-18-2016, 09:23 AM
There are already rules for that. If the QB doesn't slide feet first and if the defense doesn't touch the QB while he is down, HE'S NOT DOWN. He can stand the F up and exploit the defense, which is what Peyton did.

They want that rule changed.

Joel
03-18-2016, 11:20 AM
I dunno, Eli did a pretty good job of it on the Helmet Catch (still have NO idea how he got out of that, let alone had time to reset, **** and launch; elusiveness and scrambling are the ONE thing he has over his brother.) In the grasp's never returning; too many people justifiably complained about it for too long.

You'd have to check with Joel to get the exact odds, but it is an extremely low percentage play.
Which is why there's no way in HELL it was deliberate. How many QBs would INTENTIONALLY fall down surrounded by defenders and simply HOPE none touched them before they could get up and make a throw against a secondary no longer expecting it? That's just insane.

spikerman
03-18-2016, 06:17 PM
Well, I may be insane (I don't discount the possibility), but to me it looked like he gave himself up and when he quickly realized that he wasn't touched and there was no whistle, he smartly got up and continued playing. Obviously none of us know what was going through his head, but that's what it looked like to me.

And Artie, in the NFL if a player "gives himself up" he does not have to be touched or go feet first to be considered down. This only matters in the NFL because in college and below any part of the body except the hand and bottom of the foot touching the ground makes the runner down by rule. Check out section 2 article 1 (e). http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/10_Rule7_BallInPlay_DeadBall_Scrimm.pdf

Poet
03-18-2016, 08:16 PM
Well, I may be insane (I don't discount the possibility), but to me it looked like he gave himself up and when he quickly realized that he wasn't touched and there was no whistle, he smartly got up and continued playing. Obviously none of us know what was going through his head, but that's what it looked like to me.

And Artie, in the NFL if a player "gives himself up" he does not have to be touched or go feet first to be considered down. This only matters in the NFL because in college and below any part of the body except the hand and bottom of the foot touching the ground makes the runner down by rule. Check out section 2 article 1 (e). http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/10_Rule7_BallInPlay_DeadBall_Scrimm.pdf

I thought one can only give themselves up by falling to the ground on purpose. Like it might be a safety issue in a very myopic way?

But no one should be able to give themselves up, especially QB's. If you slide, you should get crushed. I'm talking the physical version of coming home and seeing three dudes running train on your wife type shit.

Joel
03-18-2016, 08:30 PM
I just love how the language filter evidently thinks I said Eli escaped multiple simultaneous sacks, penised, and launched on the Helmet Catch. Guess if we ever discuss male chickens we'll have to call them roosters. :rolleyes:

Simple Jaded
03-19-2016, 12:37 AM
Next time write cok, no need to be so pedantic (ht Joe)

Joel
03-19-2016, 01:18 AM
Next time write cok, no need to be so pedantic (ht Joe)
What am I without pedantry...? :(

spikerman
03-19-2016, 09:41 AM
I thought one can only give themselves up by falling to the ground on purpose.

I know I'm in the minority, but I think he did.

TXBRONC
03-19-2016, 09:56 AM

I think it's entirely possible that he went to the ground on purpose and not hearing an immediate whistle he got up immediately and threw the ball. That said, I don't think they need to change the rules just because this happened once.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-19-2016, 10:50 AM

That's what I thought as well, although I knew it was possible he might have tripped.

OrangeHoof
03-19-2016, 11:18 AM
Peyton's an old man and he lost his balance when he saw the Steeler rushing by him. When he realized there was no whistle, he got up and threw. He's a ball-carrier and ball-carriers get up when they're untouched all the time.

spikerman
03-19-2016, 11:27 AM
I think it's entirely possible that he went to the ground on purpose and not hearing an immediate whistle he got up immediately and threw the ball. That said, I don't think they need to change the rules just because this happened once.
This is exactly how I feel.