PDA

View Full Version : What a season.

artie_dale
03-17-2016, 07:40 AM
I'm sure some have seen this already, but watching this brought back some moments from this season.

So, enjoy most of the Good that our boys did this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmsQI9oX7fQ&feature=youtu.be

GEM
03-17-2016, 08:49 AM
Swarming defense. Looking back at that, Cam never stood a chance. Wooooooo!! That defense is just so damn nasty!! :D

TXBRONC
03-17-2016, 08:56 AM
Swarming defense. Looking back at that, Cam never stood a chance. Wooooooo!! That defense is just so damn nasty!! :D

I believed from the very beginning that if it came to Cam having to throwing the ball Denver stood a very good chance of winning. Carolina's receiving corps was no match for Denver's secondary.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-17-2016, 10:35 AM
In watching this, the offense did contribute, and DT did play a part in this.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-17-2016, 10:45 AM
Another good one

Broncos 2015 Postseason Highlights

TQiGtVxG9hk&ebc=ANyPxKqQXTTHvYGLMi-k51FPD1nMpebht2UOMX4jSLHu7yE849RRnxZKjDn61xQhvyB4Y 1ruERjS538-b3GVw2hGns30KHjpng

MasterShake
03-17-2016, 11:13 AM
As lackluster as this off-season has been so far I just don't care as much because of how special last year was. I don't think we will ever see another Championship run like that in Denver again and I am still savoring it.

swaiy
03-17-2016, 11:25 AM
As lackluster as this off-season has been so far I just don't care as much because of how special last year was. I don't think we will ever see another Championship run like that in Denver again and I am still savoring it.

You say that as if you've got one foot in the grave lol.

There will be more!

The Glue Factory
03-17-2016, 11:36 AM

There will be more!

But guaranteed they won't be the result of such a tour de force of defensive domination. THAT is the savory part of this championship.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-17-2016, 11:47 AM
Von Miller - MVP

OLDfMcnh-ZM&ebc=ANyPxKrf8ki1rSgLFtd0qUSt4NOB414XgK0SeneaMG_D6U LZy3g8kZOgPWZX7vkaq7pnCRF4HzM6giBK0IkKOxY0LWyR84Mw Wg

Serious question, as I don't know the answer - Was JJ Watt really better than Von was to get the defensive player of the year?

MasterShake
03-17-2016, 01:46 PM
Von Miller - MVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLDfMcnh-ZM&ebc=ANyPxKrf8ki1rSgLFtd0qUSt4NOB414XgK0SeneaMG_D6U LZy3g8kZOgPWZX7vkaq7pnCRF4HzM6giBK0IkKOxY0LWyR84Mw Wg

Serious question, as I don't know the answer - Was JJ Watt really better than Von was to get the defensive player of the year?

I always thought they should save those awards until AFTER the playoffs. Statistically JJ had a better season overall, but I've never seen someone dominate like Von did in the playoffs. He was a factor in every game and just got better each time.

BroncoJoe
03-17-2016, 01:50 PM
I always thought they should save those awards until AFTER the playoffs. Statistically JJ had a better season overall, but I've never seen someone dominate like Von did in the playoffs. He was a factor in every game and just got better each time.

They vote for that stuff WAY too early.

wayninja
03-17-2016, 01:58 PM
"If you don't like it... Don't let me in"

Challenge accepted.

Buff
03-17-2016, 02:07 PM

100% - I'm totally at peace with the world whereas I would have been freaking out a year ago with our QB situation. If we miss the playoffs next year, that would suck, but wouldn't really bother me since we were able to seal the deal with Manning.

I think the hard part before was knowing how close we were and struggling to get over the hump - and knowing how short our window could potentially be. Now it's like we've hit the reset button and anything additional is gravy.

BroncoJoe
03-17-2016, 02:11 PM
100% - I'm totally at peace with the world whereas I would have been freaking out a year ago with our QB situation. If we miss the playoffs next year, that would suck, but wouldn't really bother me since we were able to seal the deal with Manning.

I think the hard part before was knowing how close we were and struggling to get over the hump - and knowing how short our window could potentially be. Now it's like we've hit the reset button and anything additional is gravy.

Sanchez will lead us to the promised land!!!!

MasterShake
03-17-2016, 02:31 PM

There will be more!

Well I'm always optimistic, but even I have to admit that last year felt more like the end of a run then the beginning of one. Hope to be proven wrong! :lol:

TXBRONC
03-17-2016, 02:37 PM
In watching this, the offense did contribute, and DT did play a part in this.

Thomas had over 1,300 yards receiving and over 100 receptions on the year. Funny thing is I saw a mailbag on the DPO and some guys were suggesting that Thomas should be traded.

wayninja
03-17-2016, 03:54 PM
Sanchez will lead us to the promised land!!!!

Unfortunately, we'll have to suffer through 40 years of wandering through the desert first.

Simple Jaded
03-17-2016, 11:52 PM
WORLD Champions.

Suck it WORLD!

GEM
03-18-2016, 09:13 AM
Nasty!!!!

jsiT1jasQJk

I love me some Roby!! He's so damn good.

artie_dale
03-18-2016, 09:36 AM
Nasty!!!!

jsiT1jasQJk

I love me some Roby!! He's so damn good.

Robes will fill right into the starting role once Talib's contract is up (unless he takes a big pay cut, which I wouldn't blame him if he didn't). Having an abundance of talent is such a healthy problem to have.

tripp
03-18-2016, 09:39 AM
Robes will fill right into the starting role once Talib's contract is up (unless he takes a big pay cut, which I wouldn't blame him if he didn't). Having an abundance of talent is such a healthy problem to have.

I'll be pissed if we ever let Robey walk. Hope he's a Bronco for life. Has been stellar since he played his first down.

BroncoWave
03-18-2016, 09:42 AM
Watching these highlights remind me of what a beast DT is when he has his head 100% in the game. If not for his dropsies and mental lapses, he could easily put up 125 catches and 1700 yards.

artie_dale
03-18-2016, 09:42 AM
I'll be pissed if we ever let Robey walk. Hope he's a Bronco for life. Has been stellar since he played his first down.

You're not alone. There's a reason we all love Robes and rightfully so. I like Talib, because he can bait the shit out of most QBs, but Robes not only smothers most rcvrs, but he reacts to the ball so well, you can't teach that quickness.

artie_dale
03-18-2016, 09:44 AM
Watching these highlights remind me of what a beast DT is when he has his head 100% in the game. If not for his dropsies and mental lapses, he could easily put up 125 catches and 1700 yards.

So many drops.

Let's keep the highlights flooding in.

tripp
03-18-2016, 09:46 AM
You're not alone. There's a reason we all love Robes and rightfully so. I like Talib, because he can bait the shit out of most QBs, but Robes not only smothers most rcvrs, but he reacts to the ball so well, you can't teach that quickness.

I like that Robey isn't loud either. Talib was starting to piss me off during the SB, he played great for the most part, but didn't like the unnecessary flags he was getting (one which was going to be a 4th down turned to a 1st down for Carolina).

artie_dale
03-18-2016, 09:52 AM
I like that Robey isn't loud either. Talib was starting to piss me off during the SB, he played great for the most part, but didn't like the unnecessary flags he was getting (one which was going to be a 4th down turned to a 1st down for Carolina).

Yes, that is likely something that Talib will always have about him. CHJ's & Robe's quiet-let-my-game-do-the-talking approach is definitely much more preferred. Senseless penalties always irk me. One of the things we won't miss about Malik (he may have gotten a handle on that in the latter part of the season too, so good luck in Jax).

Joel
03-18-2016, 10:51 AM
That's it in a nutshell. The magnitude of relief when we FINALLY saw the confetti come down FOR rather than merely on us is inexpressable, but everyone here understands it. In that respect it was very like '97 and, while a victory lap like '98 would be nice, it would also just be a bonus.

Now we can start making calculated long term plans without the temptation to gamble in an effort to avoid becoming the team that had the GoAT under center and a star studded supporting cast of FAs and draft picks but could never close the deal. On top of that, I think the annual nodding over SB teams getting pillaged in FA overlooks how winning SBs encourages OTHER talented FAs to accept a little less pay in exchange for being part of a proven championship formula.

Joel
03-18-2016, 10:56 AM
I'm hoping we ink Roby to an extension sooner than later rather than wait until he takes over and shines in the starting role, then demands the kind of cap hit he will have earned. So far, Elway has a bad record there, hence Clady, DT and now Von got tagged to buy us time to figure out how to pay each top dollar. Big exceptions are Chris Harris and Wolfe—and just look how MUCH better that worked out for us: Wolfe's better than Jackson but playing for HALF as much, through 2019.

BroncoWave
03-18-2016, 10:57 AM
I'm hoping we ink Roby to an extension sooner than later rather than wait until he takes over and shines in the starting role, then demands the kind of cap hit he will have earned. So far, Elway has a bad record there, hence Clady, DT and now Von got tagged to buy us time to figure out how to pay each top dollar. Big exceptions are Chris Harris and Wolfe—and just look how MUCH better that worked out for us: Wolfe's better than Jackson but playing for HALF as much, through 2019.

Not every player is going to sign for a huge discount during the season like CHJ and Wolfe. Many other guys are going to wait until they hit free agency. Nothing Elway can do about that.

Ravage!!!
03-18-2016, 01:30 PM
video NO WORK!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Ravage!!!
03-18-2016, 01:32 PM

I'm just hoping that Elway hires you immediately so that you can tell him how many mistakes he's making at running the Broncos. I'm sure he doesn't have a CLUE as to what he's doing while you are obviously on top of it and way ahead of their limited thinking.

BroncoJoe
03-18-2016, 01:39 PM
I'm just hoping that Elway hires you immediately so that you can tell him how many mistakes he's making at running the Broncos. I'm sure he doesn't have a CLUE as to what he's doing while you are obviously on top of it and way ahead of their limited thinking.

Just imagine if Joel and Cugel ran the Broncos.

We'd be the Browns.

Simple Jaded
03-18-2016, 04:19 PM
Clady, DT and Miller all got the tag to buy time? I see a pattern, almost as if they planned it that way.

Joel
03-18-2016, 08:19 PM
Clady, DT and Miller all got the tag to buy time? I see a pattern, almost as if they planned it that way.
I'm sure they did plan it that way, but Elway certainly helped them out by waiting till their final contract years to begin negotiations. The tag didn't exactly make them more affordable, did it? We're about to cut Clady because he's got a MASSIVE contract we got all of one season out of, people have been complaining about "overpaying" DT from the moment we signed him, and we're still looking at eventually giving Von the same $20M/yr we would've paid if we'd just skipped the tag.

Contrast that with Wolfe and Harris and it's quite a contrast. And it's true Elway can't make anyone negotiate or sign if they want to wait for free agency, if he was making overtures to Clady, DT or Von before their contracts final year the Broncos beat reporters sure kept a tight lid on it (but we all know they hate reporting stuff like that before anyone can beat them to it, right?)

Elway's done a lot of good things as GM, but he's not infallible (spending a 3rd round pick on Rahim Moore and STARTING him for FOUR seasons proved that.) No one's gonna take away anyones Fan Card for daring to admit that. Elway's done a great job of attracting established FAs for bargain prices and finding UDFA gems: But he's just reaching the stage of his career where he must figure out which of those UDFA stars to re-sign, and how. We don't know yet how THAT will go.

We can say, however, that the "take it or leave it" approach encourages stars to do the latter, and "developing All Pros" we can't KEEP only helps the competition.

TXBRONC
03-19-2016, 09:32 AM
Just imagine if Joel and Cugel ran the Broncos.

We'd be the Browns.

We wouldn't be that good.

lobo
03-19-2016, 09:36 PM
great clips best the broncos have been for along time team played lights out. they have solid core of players we will be fine go broncos