PDA

View Full Version : David Bruton now gone.

DenBronx
03-15-2016, 03:55 PM
Our ST ace has now signed with Washington.

Damn...dropping like flies around here. This is one guy I was hoping we kept.

Redskins Sign Safety David Bruton (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/1S2CpZS

BroncoNut
03-15-2016, 03:56 PM
I agree. he was good, wish we kept him

UnderArmour
03-15-2016, 03:56 PM
Love him and happy he got paid. Elway wasn't going to allocate $3 million annually to a backup safety, regardless of special teams value.

chazoe60
03-15-2016, 04:03 PM
Was probably my favorite player on the team. I'm happy for him because he's finally going to be a starter and I think he's deserved it.

..oh wait, I forgot, **** him he sucks. He's dead to me.

BroncoWave
03-15-2016, 04:04 PM
..oh wait, I forgot, **** him he sucks. He's dead to me.

Joe is probably writing his angry breakup letter as we speak! :D

ShaneFalco
dang too bad, he was a good guy and a good player.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
Another good guy I was hoping we could somehow hang onto. Damn.

Great in whatever role we asked him to play and amazing in the community. Tough loss.

GEM
03-15-2016, 04:08 PM
****!!!

This makes it difficult for me to stick by my mantra. Bruton is one of my favorite players. He comes in when necessary and plays his heart out. He's a seriously good dude on and off the field. This one hurts me.

ShaneFalco
03-15-2016, 04:10 PM
He was a captain too right?

NightTerror218
We knew he was going to be paid big. All our FA are making big money. It is what it is when you win the big one. And our defensive players will get even more then normal due to the fact they were on one of the best ever.

VonDoom
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

David Bruton's deal with Washington worth $9 million over three years and reportedly includes $1.5 million in incentives.

BroncoWave
03-15-2016, 04:12 PM
Yeah, no way to afford a 3 million dollar backup safety. Wish the best for him in Washington.

chazoe60
03-15-2016, 04:14 PM
****!!!

This makes it difficult for me to stick by my mantra. Bruton is one of my favorite players. He comes in when necessary and plays his heart out. He's a seriously good dude on and off the field. This one hurts me.
I feel much the same but to me I look at it as a good thing for David. He'll be a starter and a good one for Washington. It sucks for us on the field and in the locker room but it'll be good for him so I'm happy for him.

I'm most concerned about the hit our locker room is taking this offeseason. Thank God we restructured Ware and got CJ back.

BroncoJoe
03-15-2016, 04:21 PM
F Him.

At least #30 is freed up again.

DenBronx
03-15-2016, 04:22 PM
Bottom line is Bruton outplayed his value here. He was a backup so he was paid like one. When he got his shot he played just as good as many starters so now he will get starter money.

Happy for him but sad he is leaving. He has an overall good attitude and is a leader in the locker room.

Good luck Bruton!

BroncoBuckeye73
03-15-2016, 04:26 PM
it's sad we lost him but if Washington is going to pay him and give him a chance to start it is better for him personally. As for us hope we can find some depth somewhere in the draft to replace him. Good luck Bruton.

DenBronx
03-15-2016, 04:29 PM
He was a captain too right?

Yes, and a damn good one too. He was basically our Keith Burns.

NightTerror218
03-15-2016, 04:31 PM
I feel much the same but to me I look at it as a good thing for David. He'll be a starter and a good one for Washington. It sucks for us on the field and in the locker room but it'll be good for him so I'm happy for him.

I'm most concerned about the hit our locker room is taking this offeseason. Thank God we restructured Ware and got CJ back.

We have lost payton, malik, oz, bruton, harris, vasquez, mathis, daniels and travathan

Harris as been replaced with stephenson. Getting our other 2 Tackles back.

Getting our 3rd round TE draftee from last year.

Todd davis and other ILB can stand in for travathan, just like the start of last season.

Bruton prob our best backup safety. But webster became our ST ace.

Really only G, DE, and QB were snatched. I see the OL as and complete rehaul. We get Anunike back as shot as DE. Sanchez can play worse then what we had last year. Going into draft G, RB and DE will probably be the only holes. Elway will probably fill them with cheap FA before then.

We can't complain about loss of offensive players since our offensive was bad. Defense lost 2 starters, that is not bad.

artie_dale
03-15-2016, 04:38 PM
Elway matched Wash's deal to Bruton, but they assured him something Elway couldn't. Playing time. Good for Brutes for landing that starting job.

LTC Pain
03-15-2016, 04:45 PM
We have lost payton, malik, oz, bruton, harris, vasquez, mathis, daniels and travathan

Harris as been replaced with stephenson. Getting our other 2 Tackles back.

Getting our 3rd round TE draftee from last year.

Todd davis and other ILB can stand in for travathan, just like the start of last season.

Bruton prob our best backup safety. But webster became our ST ace.

Really only G, DE, and QB were snatched. I see the OL as and complete rehaul. We get Anunike back as shot as DE. Sanchez can play worse then what we had last year. Going into draft G, RB and DE will probably be the only holes. Elway will probably fill them with cheap FA before then.

We can't complain about loss of offensive players since our offensive was bad. Defense lost 2 starters, that is not bad.

Agree 100% Knew some players would bail for higher pay after the SB50 win. But this dude played on a broken leg when it was on the line. A broken f*****g leg! God Bless you Mr. Bruton. I like tough SOBs :salute:

CoachChaz
03-15-2016, 04:50 PM
If I play against Washington...I'm throwing to my TE every play.

Ravage!!!
03-15-2016, 04:54 PM

What TE?

Bronco4ever
03-15-2016, 05:02 PM
Sucks but if anybody deserves a chance to finally start for a team, it's Bruton. Hardworking guy and all class.

CoachChaz
03-15-2016, 05:04 PM
What TE?

Inevitably they play against a team with a TE. All of them are licking their chops if Bruton is in coverage

BroncoWave
03-15-2016, 05:04 PM
What TE?

I think that was more of a general statement than one specifically pertaining to the Broncos.

Ravage!!!
03-15-2016, 05:09 PM
Inevitably they play against a team with a TE. All of them are licking their chops if Bruton is in coverage

I think that was more of a general statement than one specifically pertaining to the Broncos.

Yeah.. I did read that as "if we play the Redskinds....." My bad.

(although we don't have a TE)

Buff
03-15-2016, 05:17 PM

I thought Bruton was infinitely better as a safety last year. Prior to this past season, I would have agreed with you.

NightTerror218
03-15-2016, 06:14 PM
Agree 100% Knew some players would bail for higher pay after the SB50 win. But this dude played on a broken leg when it was on the line. A broken f*****g leg! God Bless you Mr. Bruton. I like tough SOBs :salute:

Dude is badass and our 3rd best safety. But he deserves to start somewhere.

NightTerror218
03-15-2016, 06:15 PM
I think his play will drop off. He got so much more playing time this season then ever before. But I think he is a product of Wade defense. Wade helped him take that corner from backup to starter potential.

TXBRONC
03-15-2016, 06:41 PM
Our ST ace has now signed with Washington.

Damn...dropping like flies around here. This is one guy I was hoping we kept.

Redskins Sign Safety David Bruton (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/1S2CpZS

Kayvon Webster was more than adequate when he filled in for Bruton on special teams and he can also play in the nickel and the dime.

CoachChaz
03-15-2016, 10:08 PM
I thought Bruton was infinitely better as a safety last year. Prior to this past season, I would have agreed with you.

Initially, it seemed like any time after TE caught a crucial pass...he was in coverage. Based on that, I started paying more attention and as it turned out, it didn't seem that way. It was that way.

Just my observation from watching him.

Northman
03-16-2016, 03:31 AM
Good pick up for the Skins, Bruton will be missed.

EastCoastBronco
03-16-2016, 07:06 AM
This one hurts.
He was one of my favorite players on the squad.
His leadership and enthusiasm will be hard to replace.

Krugan
03-16-2016, 07:35 AM
Well, shit.

This one sucks....

Davii
03-16-2016, 08:59 AM
I'll definitely miss having Bruton on the team, no doubt. However, he earned the opportunity to start somewhere, he wasn't going to beat out the guys ahead of him on our depth chart, and he earned the cash he got as well. Good on him. Best of luck unless you play Denver!

BroncoJoe
03-16-2016, 10:22 AM
I heard on the radio that the Broncos matched, but couldn't guarantee the playing time Washington was. Dude wants on the field. Can't blame him, but I now hate him just the same.

:D

Denver Native (Carol)
03-16-2016, 07:30 PM
David BRUTON JR. ‏@D_Brut30 Mar 15

Thanks to the @Broncos , my coaches, teammates and fans for seven great years and a Super Bowl ring! Playing for Pat Bowlen was an honor.

Joel
03-17-2016, 01:23 AM
I'll definitely miss having Bruton on the team, no doubt. However, he earned the opportunity to start somewhere, he wasn't going to beat out the guys ahead of him on our depth chart, and he earned the cash he got as well. Good on him. Best of luck unless you play Denver!
Well said: I'll miss him a bunch, not only as a STs stud, but (IMHO) a better coverage safety than Ward (not that that's setting the bar high, again IMHO.) However, that's precisely how he earned a starting job SOMEWHERE, and we have neither the cap nor roster space to give it to him, so he deserves a shot in Washington. I thank him for leaving it all on the field, making the Broncos far better and World Champions because of it. Just wish he weren't going somewhere so dysfunctional.

Dapper Dan
03-17-2016, 05:12 AM
That's odd that someone would pay you the same to do less and you'd turn it down. Obviously didn't want to be a Bronco. #byebitch

DenBronx
03-17-2016, 09:08 AM
David BRUTON JR. ‏@D_Brut30 Mar 15

Thanks to the @Broncos , my coaches, teammates and fans for seven great years and a Super Bowl ring! Playing for Pat Bowlen was an honor.

Wish him all the best. Happy for him.