VonDoom
03-14-2016, 12:07 PM
https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/709425494156914688

VonDoom
03-14-2016, 12:09 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1m1 minute ago

Mark Sanchez: "What a reinvigorating experience this is."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Mark Sanchez opens by thanking Eagles ownership/mgmt., and then thanks the Broncos for the opportunity.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Sanchez: "It's like John Elway said: 'Get in here and compete for a starting job.'"

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 58s58 seconds ago

Sanchez said he had no idea the trade was coming before it happened. Says he's eager to compete for the starting job.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 46s46 seconds ago

Sanchez: "This isn't an opportunity that I'm going to squander."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 35s36 seconds ago

Sanchez: "That's my goal -- to start this coming fall."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 26s26 seconds ago

Sanchez said his experience of being the man, then losing his job, playing in tough markets "has helped prepare me for this situation."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 21s21 seconds ago

Sanchez: "All that experience can only help you ... I'm eager to win ... I just want to play ball & I want to win."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 42s43 seconds ago

Sanchez: I'm not married, I don't have a girlfriend, I don't have kids. I just want to play football and win.
(Hey, ladies!)

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 10s10 seconds ago

Sanchez: "This is absolutely a dream come true. My family is thrilled."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6s6 seconds ago

Sanchez was enthusiastic when he was told about the trade by Eagles GM Howie Roseman: "Denver, Colorado? Are you kidding?"

VonDoom
03-14-2016, 12:14 PM
Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 16s17 seconds ago

.@Mark_Sanchez: "[The #Broncos are] one of the best organizations in sports, not just football. This is an absolute dream come true."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala now

Sanchez on possibly replacing Manning: "Nobody follows those guys. You try to emulate them. ... But you don't try to be Peyton Manning."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 19s19 seconds ago

Sanchez talks about how he had to follow Brett Favre with the Jets. "You don't try & be Peyton Manning ... you've got to be yourself."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 18s18 seconds ago

Sanchez on Manning: "That's just rarefied air."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 4s5 seconds ago

Sanchez: "I've just been hungry the last couple of years to get in that established starting role."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 25s25 seconds ago

Sanchez: "A lot of ways, I'm in control of my own destiny here ... after the last few years, that's pretty special."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 19s19 seconds ago

Sanchez: "Talking the call from (Elway) was pretty special; I had the guy's picture on my wall growing up."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 5s5 seconds ago

Sanchez said one of the first things Elway told him was that the Broncos aren't done adding quarterbacks.

VonDoom
03-14-2016, 12:17 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 43s44 seconds ago

Sanchez: "What an opportunity to have two wideouts like (Sanders and DT)." Says Sanders, DT & Von Miller have reached out to him already.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 23s24 seconds ago

Sanchez said he, DT & Sanders spoke about having throwing sessions before official workouts. "I'm game for that," Sanchez said.

TXBRONC
03-14-2016, 12:19 PM
He could end up being the starter next season. I wouldn't thrilled about but it will be what it will be.

CoachChaz
03-14-2016, 12:20 PM
Cant figure out why I'm not all that excited....hmmmmmm

Valar Morghulis
03-14-2016, 12:22 PM

I thought you would be pleased to learn he is single

Nomad
03-14-2016, 12:23 PM
Sanchez is a BRONCO, and wants to be a BRONCO......gotta root for the guy. I hope he leads the BRONCOS to wins.

Lancane
03-14-2016, 12:24 PM
Well I am...'Viva La Dirty Sanchez'!!!

TXBRONC
03-14-2016, 12:25 PM

You are far from alone on this one.

underrated29
03-14-2016, 12:26 PM
I like it. I do.

I think he will do better than brock and peyton did last year. He wont be awesome by any means. but with our defense he will be more than adequate, I believe. I could absolutely see a fitzmagic type of season from him. Thats all we need for now.

ShaneFalco
03-14-2016, 12:27 PM
:tsk:

CoachChaz
03-14-2016, 12:27 PM
I thought you would be pleased to learn he is single

Nah...I'm more into black guys lately. Unless of course Mark wants to cut my grass and fix my roof for a 12 pack. Then I'll be more interested.

CoachChaz
03-14-2016, 12:28 PM
I like it. I do.

I think he will do better than brock and peyton did last year. He wont be awesome by any means. but with our defense he will be more than adequate, I believe. I could absolutely see a fitzmagic type of season from him. Thats all we need for now.

I'll agree with him probably being better than Manning and Oz...not that it's saying all that much. But I'll respectfully disagree with the "more than adequate" part.

BroncoJoe
03-14-2016, 12:30 PM
Not a popular opinion, but I'm warming to Sanchez. Honestly, if he can hold down the position and not screw up too badly while we groom the next QB, I'm good with it. Can't be worse than what we had this year, and I'd take him over Kaepernick, RGIII and Fitzpatrick.

TXBRONC
03-14-2016, 12:30 PM
Well I am...'Viva La Dirty Sanchez'!!!

Is the Dirty Sanchez a type of std? :lol:

Lancane
03-14-2016, 12:32 PM
Nah...I'm more into black guys lately. Unless of course Mark wants to cut my grass and fix my roof for a 12 pack. Then I'll be more interested.

I got a sombrero in Broncos colors, you can borrow it if you like? :lol:

CoachChaz
03-14-2016, 12:32 PM
I guess my concern is that if he comes in and happens to have a Fitzpatrick type of year....what happens in the off-season when he's a free agent? Do we end up paying Sanchez 15+ mil per year? Or do we say thank you and **** off...we're going back to the drawing board (again) with a rookie.

CoachChaz
03-14-2016, 12:33 PM
I got a sombrero in Broncos colors, you can borrow it if you like? :lol:

Already have my own Mexican yard work hat. Mandatory apparel when cutting grass in Texas in July

chazoe60
03-14-2016, 12:33 PM
I like his attitude. He knows this job won't be handed to him but he also feels like he had the chance to win the job. As long as We're winning games next December and January I don't give a shit who the QB is, as long as it's not Orton. ;)

ShaneFalco
03-14-2016, 12:35 PM
:protest::captain::egg::flame::deadhorse::flypig:

Lancane
03-14-2016, 12:38 PM
I guess my concern is that if he comes in and happens to have a Fitzpatrick type of year....what happens in the off-season when he's a free agent? Do we end up paying Sanchez 15+ mil per year? Or do we say thank you and **** off...we're going back to the drawing board (again) with a rookie.

He is a huge Broncos fan, he throws with Demaryius in the off-season already and has the same agent as Von. He's the type Elway wants, those who want to be Broncos. If he does well he'd probably come back for 10 a season.

TXBRONC
03-14-2016, 12:39 PM

If Denver is as interested in this year's crop rookie quarterbacks as we have heard, then I doubt they would pay him $15 million or more.

CoachChaz
03-14-2016, 12:48 PM
If Denver is as interested in this year's crop rookie quarterbacks as we have heard, then I doubt they would pay him $15 million or more.

I use the 15 mil number as a guess as to what Fitz is looking for. But that still leaves the question. If Sanchez proves capable in this offense and has a year like Fitz did...do we just let him walk and turn it all over to a 2nd year (most likely mid-round) draft pick?

underrated29
03-14-2016, 12:52 PM
I use the 15 mil number as a guess as to what Fitz is looking for. But that still leaves the question. If Sanchez proves capable in this offense and has a year like Fitz did...do we just let him walk and turn it all over to a 2nd year (most likely mid-round) draft pick?

No, because we trade for Andrew Luck or sign him as a FA or something.

Honestly, I dont know. Is sanchez a FA next year? If so, and he has a 31td/10 int season, id be inclined to roll with him for 10-14 mil. We are going to have around 70 mil in cap space next year and if sanchez has shown he is good enough to do the job, then yes, bring him back adn let the rookie mature.

Lancane
03-14-2016, 12:52 PM
The Broncos are expected to take a QB either in the first or second round.

MasterShake
03-14-2016, 12:55 PM
Well he is saying all the right things. I've always been pretty neutral on Sanchez. I just remember how he exploded onto the scene and made a splash his first few years, then the "butt-fumble", then nothing. If he's hungry and earns it, I wouldn't be opposed to him starting for the Broncos. Plus if he can get his head on straight I like his playoff record. He has more playoff wins than Kaepernick, Rivers, Newton, Luck, Romo, and a bunch of other "good" QBs. Sometimes these guys just need a change of scenery.

tomjonesrocks
03-14-2016, 12:56 PM
Not a popular opinion, but I'm warming to Sanchez. Honestly, if he can hold down the position and not screw up too badly while we groom the next QB, I'm good with it. Can't be worse than what we had this year, and I'd take him over Kaepernick, RGIII and Fitzpatrick.

I wouldn't take him over Fitzpatrick but it makes sense to give up as little as possible on the stopgap.

It's quite feasible Sanchez is the opening day starter though which is pretty mindblowing.

CoachChaz
03-14-2016, 12:56 PM
The Broncos are expected to take a QB either in the first or second round.

That is very vague. And if they cant land Lynch in the first...or Cook in the 2nd...that all has to change.

CoachChaz
03-14-2016, 12:58 PM

Honestly, I dont know. Is sanchez a FA next year? If so, and he has a 31td/10 int season, id be inclined to roll with him for 10-14 mil. We are going to have around 70 mil in cap space next year and if sanchez has shown he is good enough to do the job, then yes, bring him back adn let the rookie mature.

Does he agree to 10-15, or does he want what Oz wanted and what Fitz apparently wants? And in either scenario...for how long? Just lot's of potential question marks in the whole scenario.

VonDoom
03-14-2016, 12:58 PM

The issue with that is, if he has a 31/10 season, he'll want more than $10-14 million, which is the exact situation the Jets are in with Fitzpatrick right now. Of course, if he has that kind of season, we probably did well, so that would be a fine problem to have.

I think we draft someone early, and then the question will become ... when does Elway think that guy is ready to start? Plus they still haven't ruled out another FA. There's still a lot of time left in this race.

CoachChaz
03-14-2016, 01:01 PM
The issue with that is, if he has a 31/10 season, he'll want more than $10-14 million, which is the exact situation the Jets are in with Fitzpatrick right now. Of course, if he has that kind of season, we probably did well, so that would be a fine problem to have.

I think we draft someone early, and then the question will become ... when does Elway think that guy is ready to start? Plus they still haven't ruled out another FA. There's still a lot of time left in this race.

The problem is finding another FA...other than Fitz...that is worth bringing in for competition.

BroncoWave
03-14-2016, 01:02 PM
Does he agree to 10-15, or does he want what Oz wanted and what Fitz apparently wants? And in either scenario...for how long? Just lot's of potential question marks in the whole scenario.

You could say this for any QB we could possibly add this offseason, though. Any of them would want more money if they tear it up this year. If that's the case, there are worse problems to have. Means we probably had another very successful season.

Lancane
03-14-2016, 01:13 PM
That is very vague. And if they cant land Lynch in the first...or Cook in the 2nd...that all has to change.

Hackenburgh?

CoachChaz
03-14-2016, 01:16 PM
Hackenburgh?

IMO...no way in hell. The kid has absolutely ZERO pocket presence and shits his pants when he sees a blitz coming.

underrated29
03-14-2016, 01:19 PM
IMO...no way in hell. The kid has absolutely ZERO pocket presence and shits his pants when he sees a blitz coming.

reminds me of cutler

Lancane
03-14-2016, 01:21 PM
Well, it's still plausible. But next to Wentz and Prescott, the quarterback they have shown the most interest in is Lynch.

underrated29
03-14-2016, 01:22 PM
So the question becomes what do we have to give up to get Joe thomas and the 2nd overall pick from the browns?

Aquire Kaep and send him along with 1sts and clady and barrett and what else?

CoachChaz
03-14-2016, 01:30 PM
Well, it's still plausible. But next to Wentz and Prescott, the quarterback they have shown the most interest in is Lynch.

I like Lynch. I just think he's at least 2 years away from being ready

Denver Native (Carol)
03-14-2016, 02:25 PM
Little surprises Mark Sanchez. He arrived in the NFL as a top-ranked prospect for the New York Jets, endured injury and ineffectiveness, then rebounded in a complementary role for the Philadelphia Eagles.

The idea of playing quarterback for the Broncos can be daunting, but Sanchez believes his resume leaves him prepared to compete.

"Everything I have I am pouring into this thing. This is a great opportunity," Sanchez said Monday. "When I was told by (Eagles president of football operations) Howie Roseman I was going to Denver. I was like, 'Denver, Colorado?' I couldn't believe it. I was ecstatic."

rest - plus video from press conference
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29636615/mark-sanchez-arrives-denver-ready-compete-starting-job

OrangeHoof
03-14-2016, 02:33 PM
Solid veteran responses. He once took the Jets to an AFCCG if I recall.
If he still has the tools and the Broncos give him enough pass protection, it might just work out.

As for next off-season, let's get through this one first.

BroncoJoe
03-14-2016, 02:34 PM
Solid veteran responses. He once took the Jets to an AFCCG if I recall.
If he still has the tools and the Broncos give him enough pass protection, it might just work out.

As for next off-season, let's get through this one first.

Twice. His first two years in the league.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-14-2016, 02:39 PM
New QB Sanchez is "thrilled to be a Bronco"

Quarterback Mark Sanchez met the media for the first time as a Denver Broncos player on Monday, and explained why he believes this team is the perfect place for the next step of his career.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/New-QB-Sanchez-is-thrilled-to-be-a-Bronco/7d46c267-6119-4745-a85f-86498a05f9d7

MasterShake
03-14-2016, 03:33 PM
Twice. His first two years in the league.

He actually had a great game against the Pats in the 2011 divisional round. 3 TDS or something if I recall. I just remember being happy the Pats lost at home.

DenBronx
03-14-2016, 03:39 PM
He wants to get in here and compete. Can't ask for more from a backup. I like the move but we're still going to add more QBs.

BroncoJoe
03-14-2016, 03:52 PM
He wants to get in here and compete. Can't ask for more from a backup. I like the move but we're still going to add more QBs.

The more I think about it, I would not be disappointed at all if he starts the season as the starter.

Just not sold on Kap, RGIII or Fitz.

WARHORSE
03-14-2016, 03:53 PM
If we go into the season with say Paxton, Siemian and Sanchez, we need to build a dominating run game.

I think thats the Dukes plan going forward anyway.

With a solid D, mean run game, we can win some games with El Sancho I think.

But I think with Kaepernick we can actually go pretty far even the Superbowl if the stars align.

DenBronx
03-14-2016, 04:09 PM
If we go into the season with say Paxton, Siemian and Sanchez, we need to build a dominating run game.

But I think with Kaepernick we can actually go pretty far even the Superbowl if the stars align.

If we had those 3 then I think it would be fun to watch the QB competition. All 3 would get a shot and the best man would win. I like Lynch as a potential franchise QB.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-14-2016, 05:47 PM
1-on-1 with Mark Sanchez: New beginning

Broncos TV talks 1-on-1 with Mark Sanchez about joining Denver, getting a new lease on his career and his expectations for the next few months.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/1-on-1-with-Mark-Sanchez-New-beginning/49724964-060f-4c6a-89f0-bc0ab5729c00

Shazam!
03-14-2016, 06:19 PM
I'll tell ya, being in NY i've seen a lot of him, and he's made a ton of horrible plays that are just unforgiving. But. Make no mistake, he DOES have immense physical talent.

Just saying.

MOtorboat
03-14-2016, 06:29 PM
He's single.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-14-2016, 06:41 PM
He's single.

Good for you.

TXBRONC
03-14-2016, 07:57 PM
Good for you.

Some people will like this trade more than others.

Simple Jaded
03-14-2016, 08:02 PM
Let's do this shit.

Somebody make me a sig.

Simple Jaded
03-14-2016, 08:06 PM

Sanchez is a Sancho? Better not move into my neighborhood.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-14-2016, 08:17 PM
KUSA - He has endured the heat of the New York media and felt the sting of the rude and crude criticism from Philly fans.

He has played for the zany head coach Rex Ryan and whacky offensive mind of Chip Kelly. He was a playoff star who won four road games in his first two NFL seasons to leading the NFL with 52 turnovers in his next two consecutive seasons.

And he has lived the past three-and-a-half years with the infamous butt fumble.

Think Mark Sanchez can handle the chance to quarterback the Super Bowl-champion Denver Broncos?

Wait. Before he answers that. About that butt fumble ...

rest - plus video
http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/good-humored-mar-sanchez-pressure-leading-super-bowl-champion-denver-broncos/82330503

Simple Jaded
03-14-2016, 08:33 PM

Uh, what pocket?

underrated29
03-14-2016, 11:43 PM
Good for you.

This really made me lol

Well done