PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Rumors

Pages : [1] 2

Lancane
03-11-2016, 08:05 PM
We do not have a Broncos Rumors Thread or at least one pinned.

Lancane
03-11-2016, 08:11 PM
Anyway have a former colleague, he thinks Denver is getting ready to make a mega trade: Denver trades their 2nd Round Pick to SF for Kaepernick, then trades Kaepernick, Demeryius Thomas, their First Round Pick this year and next year for the 2nd overall pick and the Brown's 4th Round Pick this year. I told him he was nuts...but I had to share it.

Lancane
03-11-2016, 08:16 PM
Gil Brandt thinks Denver still in play for Fitzpatrick and likely Paxton Lynch in the draft.

Lancane
03-11-2016, 08:32 PM
Adam Schefter tweeted that the Broncos still interested in adding another veteran to the backfield to compete with Sanchez.

MOtorboat
03-11-2016, 08:33 PM
Anyway have a former colleague, he thinks Denver is getting ready to make a mega trade: Denver trades their 2nd Round Pick to SF for Kaepernick, then trades Kaepernick, Demeryius Thomas, their First Round Pick this year and next year for the 2nd overall pick and the Brown's 4th Round Pick this year. I told him he was nuts...but I had to share it.

Probably not.

Lancane
03-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Jared Lorenzen, the overweight quarterback and backup who won a SB Ring with the Giants has contacted the Broncos to inform them he is available.

Lancane
03-11-2016, 08:41 PM
Brandon Marshall lashes out on Twitter about lack of contract talks with Broncos FO.

Lancane
03-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Former Broncos Linebacker Danny Trevathan revealed "he had hoped the Packers had called him" after signing with Chicago...wonder if he'll be a fan favorite now! :lol:

TXBRONC
03-11-2016, 08:51 PM

That one does seem a bit of a stretch.

Lancane
03-11-2016, 08:52 PM
That one does a bit of a stretch.

I think his Pizza had the wrong kind of shrooms on it!

DenBronx
03-11-2016, 08:58 PM
It's a "rumor thread" so everyone just chillax.

Dapper Dan
My buddy said Bucs rumored to want a 3rd rounder for Glennon

Denver Native (Carol)
Brandon Marshall lashes out on Twitter about lack of contract talks with Broncos FO.

What did he say?

Lancane
03-11-2016, 08:59 PM
It's a "rumor thread" so everyone just chillax.

Yep, figured we needed one instead of starting a new thread for every rumor.

DenBronx
03-11-2016, 08:59 PM
Gil Brandt thinks Denver still in play for Fitzpatrick and likely Paxton Lynch in the draft.

I think both of those scenarios are very realistic.

DenBronx
03-11-2016, 09:04 PM

What did he say?

I was on there earlier today and I don't think he "lashed out" at all. All he did was say everyone was getting paid but him. Can't blame the guy and I think he just wants a long term deal. Brandons one of my favorite Broncos and actually he's very underrated. I am hoping no one offers us a 2nd for him. To me, he was better than Danny T as a defender....but Danny was pretty good too. My wish was to at least keep our LB core together.

So...maybe try Shane Ray or Shaq at ILB??? Got to get those guys on the field more.

Lancane
03-11-2016, 09:08 PM
What did he say?

He was congratulating Anderson talked about getting his due and a fan called him greedy and he's now talking shit about the fans here, so is Anderson now.

dogfish
03-11-2016, 09:21 PM
Jared Lorenzen, the overweight quarterback and backup who won a SB Ring with the Giants has contacted the Broncos to inform them he is available.

the hefty lefty! let's do it. . .

Lancane
03-11-2016, 09:26 PM
Tweeted that he agrees that Broncos fans are self righteous, they expect you to play for less money and then hate on you when you leave.

Lancane
03-11-2016, 09:30 PM
I don't blame him, he's frustrated and lashed out cause of a fan, but it started going a tad too far with the fan bashing.

Lancane
03-11-2016, 09:38 PM

Still can't believe he contacted the Broncos. He's what 35 now?

Joel
03-11-2016, 09:42 PM
I was on there earlier today and I don't think he "lashed out" at all. All he did was say everyone was getting paid but him. Can't blame the guy and I think he just wants a long term deal. Brandons one of my favorite Broncos and actually he's very underrated. I am hoping no one offers us a 2nd for him. To me, he was better than Danny T as a defender....but Danny was pretty good too. My wish was to at least keep our LB core together.

So...maybe try Shane Ray or Shaq at ILB??? Got to get those guys on the field more.
Dunno why you keep pushing this. Is there any evidence either can cover, rather than being pure pass rushers? Maybe I'm just sensitive over all the heat I took for suggesting Von move inside, but 1) that was when we played a 4-3 and 2) Von actually CAN cover. In a 3-4, OLB's his natural position; the one he's suited to better than ANY 4-3 spot. Pretty sure Shaq and Ray would be DEs in a 4-3, not a SLB like Von was. It's hard to see either at ILB in ANY base D.

Only way that would make much sense is if we just said to Hell with our #2 ILB covering and just rushed 6 on every passing down, but that's also hard to imagine. With that in mind: I certainly HOPE we get moving on re-signing Marshall to a long term deal soon, because that tender's only good for THIS year; after that, he's just another of DOZENS of FAs we must re-sign/replace in 2017.

Lancane
03-11-2016, 09:49 PM
Jets starting to pull back a little in trade for Kaepernick, Browns picking up steam rumored to be talking to Kaepernick's agent about contract. Denver still in the mix, but maybe not front runner any longer, SF will not budge on compensation according to Bay area media. Browns will not offer 2nd or 32nd overall pick for Kaepernick, would cost Denver 2nd rounder because Browns likely to use their third rounder.

Joel
03-11-2016, 09:50 PM
For what it's worth, I agree trading up for a QB looks like a real possibility, because the RGIII trade burned Shanny so badly teams know not to ask/offer THAT much for any pick. I just stopped beating that drum before Oz bolted, because folks insisted we couldn't move up much without trading away 3+ 1sts and a 2nd or two. I don't know what this QB draft class is like, but there are usually solid QBs to be had in the lower half of the 1st: Franchise QBs don't require a top 5/10 pick.

dogfish
03-11-2016, 10:04 PM
Still can't believe he contacted the Broncos. He's what 35 now?

he probably figures if we'll take sanchez, we're desperate enough to take anybody. . .

of course, i would rather roll with him and dirty sanchise than give up a 2nd for kaep. . . hell with that nonsense!

Simple Jaded
03-11-2016, 10:08 PM

Does he know he's a restricted free agent?

Lancane
03-11-2016, 10:10 PM
Hearing the Browns and Kaepernick's Agent have agreed on a contract, looks likely he'll be a Brown.

spikerman
03-11-2016, 10:12 PM
My buddy said Bucs rumored to want a 3rd rounder for Glennon

I like Glennon

Simple Jaded
03-11-2016, 10:14 PM
Dunno why you keep pushing this. Is there any evidence either can cover, rather than being pure pass rushers? Maybe I'm just sensitive over all the heat I took for suggesting Von move inside, but 1) that was when we played a 4-3 and 2) Von actually CAN cover. In a 3-4, OLB's his natural position; the one he's suited to better than ANY 4-3 spot. Pretty sure Shaq and Ray would be DEs in a 4-3, not a SLB like Von was. It's hard to see either at ILB in ANY base D.

Only way that would make much sense is if we just said to Hell with our #2 ILB covering and just rushed 6 on every passing down, but that's also hard to imagine. With that in mind: I certainly HOPE we get moving on re-signing Marshall to a long term deal soon, because that tender's only good for THIS year; after that, he's just another of DOZENS of FAs we must re-sign/replace in 2017.
Btw, it's hard to imagine Miller being the SB MVP at MLB.

Lancane
03-11-2016, 10:17 PM
Does he know he's a restricted free agent?

He knows but he wants the long-term deal.

Lancane
03-11-2016, 10:18 PM
I like Glennon

Glennon has a big arm and some upside, but I think Broncos want to hold on to their picks as much as possible

Lancane
03-11-2016, 10:23 PM
Brown's willing to part with their 3rd Round pick, will cost Denver their 2nd. Brown's have contract in place, likely to happen quickly? Don't know - hope Elway refuses, too much IMHO.

TXBRONC
03-11-2016, 10:29 PM

Are they planning to have a hot dog eating contest at Dove Valley?

Lancane
03-11-2016, 10:33 PM
Albert Breer says Broncos do not want to give up 2nd Round pick for Kaepernick.

gregbroncs
03-11-2016, 10:54 PM
I want nothing to do with Kaep. That guy is a mess.

Lancane
03-11-2016, 11:07 PM
49ers want 32nd pick from Browns, but that will not happen and Broncos will not give 2nd Round Pick either according to AB.

DenBronx
03-11-2016, 11:14 PM

Vons not going to ILB Joel. You got flammed because Von is the best in the game at his position. Why in the hell would you create two projects when we could just keep Von where he is and try another guy as a project transition?

Joel
03-11-2016, 11:33 PM
Vons not going to ILB Joel.
In a 3-4, he shouldn't. In a 4-3 he'd be well suited to MLB because he's the kind of great blitzer, run stuffer AND coverage guy that position demands—but we're not a 4-3 anymore, so he's back to exactly what he was born to be: 3-4 OLB, because he's the kind of great blitzer, run stuffer AND coverage guy that position demands.

You got flammed because Von is the best in the game at his position. Why in the hell would you create two projects when we could just keep Von where he is and try another guy as a project transition?
You wouldn't, but you wouldn't put a top 3-4 OLB at 3-4 ILB for the same and BETTER reasons: Not only would he be wasted, but there's ZERO evidence Shaq OR Ray can cover well enough to play 3-4 ILB. That's a secondary duty at 3-4 OLB, so they'd have time to grow into it, and wouldn't be huge liabilities if they never did (no one's worried about DeMarcus Wares coverage any more than they worried about Dooms: Von's just so good he can do that TOO.)

As 3-4 ILBs though, coverage is a PRIMARY duty, and we don't even know if it's POSSIBLE for Shaq OR Barrett: Why would we waste a great pass rusher and another who's potentially at least good trying to convert them to a LESS important role for which they've shown NO aptitude?

WHEN WE PLAYED A 4-3, I didn't suggest Von move inside simply out of hope he'd figure out how to cover on the way: I'd seen him do it, and display the speed and alertness to excel at that as he does all things. The kind of coverage skills he displayed picking Brady to set up a TD in the AFCCG, and covering a primary WR down the sideline to prevent a TD in the SB. Show me Shaq or Ray doing THAT and I might buy in to the idea.

Until/unless that happens though I'd rather start glorified safeties like Davis and Nelson: At least we know they won't be utterly lost and repeatedly burnt.

Lancane
03-11-2016, 11:39 PM
Listen here Socrates (Joel) please keep the long @$$ essays off this thread, keep it short. I am trying to post rumors about the team not inviting open debate in a philosophical discussion group...thank you.

TXBRONC
03-11-2016, 11:48 PM
Listen here Socrates (Joel) please keep the long @$$ essays off this thread, keep it short. I am trying to post rumors about the team not inviting open debate in a philosophical discussion group...thank you.

Socrates. :lol:

DenBronx
03-12-2016, 12:04 AM
Hahaha seriously. I don't even read past the first paragraph usually.

DenBronx
03-12-2016, 12:07 AM
Besides, there is a premium on pass rushers, not ILB. Not saying ILB isn't important but an OLB that can wreak havok like Von did through the playoffs...you can't really put a price on now can you.

I'll go as far as saying had Von NOT been in those games we probably would have not went any further than NE. Dude was the MVP of the playoffs.

Joel
03-12-2016, 12:14 AM
Besides, there is a premium on pass rushers, not ILB. Not saying ILB isn't important but an OLB that can wreak havok like Von did through the playoffs...you can't really put a price on now can you.
That's half the reason we won't be moving Shaq or Ray to ILB: The other half being that they've shown ZERO coverage ability and that's the 3-4 ILBs main job.

I'll go as far as saying had Von NOT been in those games we probably would have not went any further than NE. Dude was the MVP of the playoffs.
Dude's a 3-4 OLB, so that's where he should be in a 3-4: But 3-4 ILB=/=4-3 MLB. 4-3 Mike's actually a marquee position; 3-4 ILB's complementary. If stud pass rushers are too valuable to move to a marquee 4-3 spot they can play, they're too valuable to move to a complementary 3-4 spot they can't play. All the arguments against moving Von inside in a 4-3 go double for moving Shaq/Ray inside in a 3-4: At least Von could DO an ILB job that's MUCH more valuable in a 4-3. Back to topic?

Hawgdriver
03-12-2016, 12:22 AM

Brandon is in the Ware category--too essential to let walk, and not for on the field reasons. Get it done Broncos.

Lancane
03-12-2016, 12:23 AM
Back on topic or I may borrow GEM's Chainsaw! ;)

GEM
03-12-2016, 12:48 AM
Eh....I bash players all the time...bye bitch ...if they lash back once in awhile, they're human just like me. He was upset that a fan called him greedy for wanting a deal when he made $2.5 mil this past season. I wouldnt say hes greedy and it would offend me as well.

Lancane
03-12-2016, 08:16 AM
Per Michael Silver of NFLN a trade for Colin Kaepernick can go down as soon as over the weekend. Colin Kaepernick prefers to go to Cleveland over Denver, per those close to the situation.

49ers and Browns have agreed on compensation which would be their third round pick, hold up is his contract renegotiations.

Dapper Dan
03-12-2016, 08:30 AM
I hope he goes to Cleveland.

TXBRONC
03-12-2016, 08:33 AM
Hahaha seriously. I don't even read past the first paragraph usually.

That's a lot further than I usually get.

spikerman
03-12-2016, 08:36 AM
Colin Kaepernick prefers to go to Cleveland over Denver, per those close to the situation.

He may be the first person on the entire planet to feel this way.

TXBRONC
03-12-2016, 08:45 AM

Joe Thomas said he loves being in Cleveland.

BroncoWave
03-12-2016, 08:51 AM
Joe Thomas said he loves being in Cleveland.

Stockholm syndrome. He doesn't know any better!

TXBRONC
03-12-2016, 08:54 AM
Stockholm syndrome. He doesn't know any better!

True enough, but he still said so.

Ravage!!!
03-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Good thread.

Lancane
03-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Broncos have been in discussions with Ryan Clady's Reps. no resolution yet, serious talks will likely begin Monday with Ware's deal done.

A lot could depend on Clady, should he return then Broncos likely to move Sambrailo to LG and Garcia to RG.

Lancane
03-12-2016, 07:37 PM
Offensive Tackle Ryan Harris to meet with Steelers this week.

Cugel
03-12-2016, 08:59 PM

He is totally insane. I just assumed that he wanted to go to Cleveland because they were going to throw ludicrous money at him. But, that is now not the case.

He might like the coach, but the Browns are a fatally screwed up organization. Turn down the chance to play for the world champions in order to go to a team that will be lucky to win 6 games this year?

His career will end in Cleveland. After that franchise finishes chewing him up, he can retire to clip coupons.

Cugel
03-12-2016, 09:03 PM
Offensive Tackle Ryan Harris to meet with Steelers this week.

Doesn't look like they need him back.

LT - Ryan Clady
LG - Max Garcia
C - Matt Paradis
RG - Ty Sambrailo
RT - Donald Stephenson

Backups: T Michael Schofield.

They need a backup G or T but can find that in the draft. Tyler Polumbus should be gone too. They are starting only 1 player off their SB OL, and with good reason. Those guys totally sucked bad.

TXBRONC
03-12-2016, 09:07 PM
I would rather Sambraillo play right tackle because he's has quick feet. But he also has a nasty disposition so he should do pretty well at guard.

LTC Pain
03-12-2016, 10:24 PM
Clady-Sambraillo-Paradis-Garcia-Stephenson, hell, that looks solid ��

Joel
03-12-2016, 10:52 PM
Clady-Sambraillo-Paradis-Garcia-Stephenson, hell, that looks solid ��
It looks a lot better, if Sambrailo can transition, Stephenson's not awful, Garcia's figured out how to pass protect, Paradis has figured out how to not get run over and Garica AND Paradis have figured out how to figure out stunts and delay blitzes. That's a lot of "if"s though. In Dennison I trust. ;)

Lancane
03-12-2016, 11:01 PM
Dak Prescott, the Mississippi State QB who had climbed up draftboards was arrested this morning - DUI.

GEM
03-12-2016, 11:27 PM
Dak Prescott, the Mississippi State QB who had climbed up draftboards was arrested this morning - DUI.

Ouch.

Joel
03-12-2016, 11:37 PM
If you're a GM desperate for a QB to save your job, does that matter? I mean, if the others being talked up are there at your pick, sure, but if he's the last of a reportedly poor class and you're on the clock with nothing but ??? under center? I know it matters for other positions, but I wonder with QBs, even after Manziel and Leaf. Sometimes a desperate long shot is the ONLY shot.

pnbronco
03-12-2016, 11:55 PM

LMAO....when I read that I went no...that has to be a misprint....sorry to anyone in that area, but REALLY??? Kap if this is the truth I think he needs to be checked for concussions....did he forgot how to win a game??? :laugh:

Lancane
03-13-2016, 12:12 AM
If you're a GM desperate for a QB to save your job, does that matter? I mean, if the others being talked up are there at your pick, sure, but if he's the last of a reportedly poor class and you're on the clock with nothing but ??? under center? I know it matters for other positions, but I wonder with QBs, even after Manziel and Leaf. Sometimes a desperate long shot is the ONLY shot.

This year it does, more then ever. Greg Hardy, Josh Gordon, Dion Jordan, LaRon Landry, Johnny Manziel, etc. This year little mess ups and questionable choices are going to drop draftees like they're tied to cement bricks.

Joel
03-13-2016, 01:09 AM
This year it does, more then ever. Greg Hardy, Josh Gordon, Dion Jordan, LaRon Landry, Johnny Manziel, etc. This year little mess ups and questionable choices are going to drop draftees like they're tied to cement bricks.
We'll see, but how many of those guys are QBs? Just Manziel, who didn't get cut till he had far more than his first DUI. There were plenty of pre-draft red flags (like the fact he was even IN it that young,) but how much did it lower his draft stock? Maybe 10 picks? It took two whole SEASONS of BS to get him cut.

Lancane
03-13-2016, 01:33 AM
We'll see, but how many of those guys are QBs? Just Manziel, who didn't get cut till he had far more than his first DUI. There were plenty of pre-draft red flags (like the fact he was even IN it that young,) but how much did it lower his draft stock? Maybe 10 picks? It took two whole SEASONS of BS to get him cut.

Believe what you want Joel. ;)

But that is pretty much the collective thinking in the league right now. Being this is his second public incident for Prescott it will give teams pause about character more now then before.

Lancane
03-13-2016, 02:16 AM
49ers expected to go after RGIII if Colin Kaepernick is traded per Yahoo Sports.

Joel
03-13-2016, 02:31 AM
Believe what you want Joel. ;)

But that is pretty much the collective thinking in the league right now. Being this is his second public incident for Prescott it will give teams pause about character more now then before.
Ah, I didn't realize this wasn't a first offense, and would expect that to change the cost/benefit analysis. The general principle stands though: Coaches and GMs rarely get fired because they couldn't find a starting DE, WR or safety, but are routinely fired if they can't find a franchise QB fast enough. For a guy on the hot seat with no other options, Prescott may still be worth a gamble: What are they gonna do, fire me TWICE? ;)

49ers expected to go after RGIII if Colin Kaepernick is traded per Yahoo Sports.
Makes sense: Unloading Kaep for RGIII is trading up if RGIII never does squat. So we're offering a 3rd and 8-figures for Kaep when we could have RGIII for a song. :(

MOtorboat
03-13-2016, 02:32 AM

Save the headache and just sign Griffin already!

BTW, whoever said the 49ers are clearly starting Gabbert isn't all that correct.

Lancane
03-13-2016, 05:00 AM
Spring Break 15', he and two teammates got into an altercation that was filmed, though he was not the instigator it looks bad that again there is trouble surrounding him. With how these second chance athletes are turning out in the pros, the NFL as a whole has become iffy and concerned, these kids are making millions that contribute to poor attitudes, above the law psyche but eventually is wasted when they fail.

In 2015, 18 players were suspended for 10 games or more, over 32 over the course of the season. Think about that, at even a million a piece that is 18 million dollars for players who missed most of the season due to their behavior, substance abuse, criminal activity, etc. It's a problem that now is starting to be looked at much more closer.

Dapper Dan
03-13-2016, 07:36 AM
I'm guessing Kubiak's first call when he was thinking about getting RG3 was Mike Shanahan.

Lancane
03-13-2016, 10:41 AM
Broncos & Fitzpatrick talks snagged by his asking price, Denver interested but not for what his agent is asking for. Still in mix, but only if price is right.

Lancane
03-13-2016, 10:44 AM
Ryan Clady Rep. and Broncos have talked several times, making little progress. Hearing could be cut by end of the day today. His 8.9 mil. too big of an impact for team.

Dapper Dan
03-13-2016, 11:13 AM
Ryan Clady Rep. and Broncos have talked several times, making little progress. Hearing could be cut by end of the day today. His 8.9 mil. too big of an impact for team.

I wonder how much money he's already made while not really contributing to anything.

Lancane
03-13-2016, 11:19 AM
I wonder how much money he's already made while not really contributing to anything.

40.2 million!

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 01:32 PM

If you're a GM desperate to save your job are you taking a zone-read-spread-option-bullshit QB that comes from the same offense that ruined Tim Tebow's pro potential?

slim
03-13-2016, 01:49 PM
If you're a GM desperate to save your job are you taking a zone-read-spread-option-bullshit QB that comes from the same offense that ruined Tim Tebow's pro potential?

Did Tim have pro potential?

Cugel
03-13-2016, 01:52 PM

No, but the Tebowites are like the Bourbon Dynasty of France after the French Revolution: "they never forget, and they never learn." And arguing with them is like arguing with flat-earthers or global warming deniers. Nothing real ever penetrates their bubble of ignorance. :coffee:

Cugel
03-13-2016, 01:59 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post

I was thinking the same thing this AM. Why would the Texans bet $18M a year on a guy with 7 starts? And worse, Rick Smith stated he was "willing to do whatever it took" to land Osweiler - and price be damned. He was willing to go above $18M a year and just keep on the bidding war, until they got "their guy."

That's so crazy that it almost took my breath away. You're willing to bet $19 or $20M a year on Brock Osweiler? :shocked:

But, there's a key reason they were willing to do that and Elway isn't:

If Rick Smith doesn't find at least a decent QB in the next 2 years he's getting fired. John Elway just won a SB. He's not going anywhere for the next 10 years.

Osweiler is the best QB the Texans can find right now. He doesn't have time to develop a QB and maybe he's ready to lead your team to a SB 3 years from now because that won't help the GM if he's been fired already.

So, who cares what they pay Osweiler? $20M? $21? Whatever!

Either he becomes a top 10 QB in this league and leads the Texans into the playoffs. . . . or he doesn't. If he doesn't then Smith is getting fired, and the huge contract is somebody else's problem. But, if he doesn't get a QB this year or maybe the next, he's getting fired anyway. He's got nothing to lose.

Elway can't think like that. He has to "win from now on." He always has to keep in mind that that huge cap hit for a failed player is something HE's going to have to deal with. Not some new coach and GM. He can't overpay because HE's the one who will pay the price if it all backfires.

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 02:04 PM

He was Rivals 2nd rated QB and 5-star recruit.

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 02:05 PM
No, but the Tebowites are like the Bourbon Dynasty of France after the French Revolution: "they never forget, and they never learn." And arguing with them is like arguing with flat-earthers or global warming deniers. Nothing real ever penetrates their bubble of ignorance. :coffee:

Oh mah gerd I hope you're talking about me.

slim
03-13-2016, 02:06 PM
He was Rivals 2nd rated QB and 5-star recruit.

I think he is available

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 02:08 PM
I think he is available

After all he's done for you. :tsk:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-13-2016, 02:22 PM
I remember when we paid DJ Williams a king's ransom. I'm glad those days are gone.

NightTerror218
03-13-2016, 02:38 PM
I remember when we paid DJ Williams a king's ransom. I'm glad those days are gone.

Dj Williams and wesley Woodward both left people went crazy about that. I liked Woodward but they were easily replaced.

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 04:08 PM
DJ Wiiliams took a 1-4 team to the division title and a PO win against the best defense ever of all time.

Valar Morghulis
03-13-2016, 04:24 PM
DJ Wiiliams took a 1-4 team to the division title and a PO win against the best defense ever of all time.

Awesome

Lancane
03-13-2016, 09:38 PM
According to report, Broncos not interested in RGIII.

http://www.profootballrumors.com/latest-rumors-osweiler-broncos-a-smith-titans/

BroncoJoe
03-14-2016, 07:28 AM

To be fair, it says: "They aren’t yet considering Robert Griffin III, per Renck."

Yet, being the key word.

Dapper Dan
03-14-2016, 07:47 AM
To be fair, it says: "They aren’t yet considering Robert Griffin III, per Renck."

Yet, being the key word.

It's looking like he may sign with the Jets soon.

Lancane
03-14-2016, 08:18 AM

Yet, being the key word.

If they thought much of him, 'yet' would not need to be used Joe, think about it. They actually went after Kaepernick, Sanchez and Fitzpatrick, two who will or have been via trade and a 33 year old journeyman UFA! That is telling IMHO.

Lancane
03-14-2016, 08:30 AM
Mark Sanchez is at Dove Valley, will be meeting the press at 11am at Broncos UC Health Center.

TXBRONC
03-14-2016, 08:41 AM
I'm guessing Kubiak's first call when he was thinking about getting RG3 was Mike Shanahan.

I don't doubt it.

Lancane
03-14-2016, 08:57 AM
I don't doubt it.

Actually it could have been Mike, but I think more likely it would have been Kyle.

GEM
03-14-2016, 08:58 AM

:dance:

:D

Dapper Dan
03-14-2016, 09:01 AM
Actually it could have been Mike, but I think more likely it would have been Kyle.

Let's just say both. :lol:

Dapper Dan
03-14-2016, 09:01 AM
Mark Sanchez is at Dove Valley, will be meeting the press at 11am at Broncos UC Health Center.

I hope he guarantees a championship.

TXBRONC
03-14-2016, 09:05 AM

Kubiak's relationship was with Mike not his son; and it was Mike that was the head coach. It's not that I don't think Kubiak talked to Kyle Shanahan but I would bet his friend first.

Dapper Dan
03-14-2016, 09:13 AM
Kubiak's relationship was with Mike not his son; and it was Mike that was the head coach. It's not that I don't think Kubiak talked to Kyle Shanahan but I would bet his friend first.

How do we know Kyle and Kubes aren't pals?

Lancane
03-14-2016, 09:25 AM

Ummm... Kyle was the Receivers Coach, Quarterbacks Coach and then Offensive Coordinator under Kubiak in Houston. So...

Lancane
03-14-2016, 10:00 AM
As of today, Broncos have just a little over 12 mil. in cap space remaining. Cutting Ryan Clady would free up about 8 mil., restructure about 3 mil.

dogfish
03-14-2016, 10:29 AM
As of today, Broncos have just a little over 12 mil. in cap space remaining. Cutting Ryan Clady would free up about 8 mil., restructure about 3 mil.

send him packing!

Lancane
03-14-2016, 10:46 AM
Per Michael Silver, no movement on Kaepernick trade as of now. Broncos holding firm and are offering only a 4th Round Pick (originally reported as 3rd Round pick).

CoachChaz
03-14-2016, 10:49 AM
Per Michael Silver, no movement on Kaepernick trade as of now. Broncos holding firm and are offering only a 4th Round Pick (originally reported as 3rd Round pick).

Hope they stick with that and dont up the ante. SF has a big decision to make in a few weeks.

Lancane
03-14-2016, 11:00 AM
According to Silver the Broncos have been offering their 4th Round this entire time despite reports stating otherwise. Josina Anderson says the Broncos in no rush with Sanchez on the roster.

Northman
03-14-2016, 11:01 AM
According to Silver the Broncos have been offering their 4th Round this entire time despite reports staying otherwise. Josina Anderson says the Broncos in no rush with Sanchez on the roster.

A 4th is more than fair, no need to give up any more for him truthfully as he isnt worth more than that anyway.

underrated29
03-14-2016, 11:09 AM
We dont have a 4th.

We have a comp 4th but cannot trade it.

Lancane
03-14-2016, 11:10 AM
Broncos right now focused on Clady's restructure and and making a decision on CJ Anderson in all likelyhood.

Lancane
03-14-2016, 11:12 AM
We dont have a 4th.

It could be their 2017 4th round pick. But Silver knows John and is a staunch Elway supporter, trust me, he knows the skinny.

underrated29
03-14-2016, 11:15 AM
Im not a big Kaep fan, but if we can get him for a 2017 4th rd pick.....IM ALL IN FAVOR!

Northman
03-14-2016, 11:21 AM
We dont have a 4th.

Its probably a 2017 pick.

Lancane
03-14-2016, 11:24 AM
Im not a big Kaep fan, but if we can get him for a 2017 4th rd pick.....IM ALL IN FAVOR!

Problem is SF wants the Broncos 2nd Round Pick this year or Browns 3rd Rounder two spots after that. Which is not worth it.

TXBRONC
03-14-2016, 11:32 AM
We dont have a 4th.

It really doesn't matter because whatever Denver is offering doesn't appear to be enough for the 49ers. I applaud Elway holding the line and hope he continues to do so.

Lancane
03-14-2016, 11:44 AM
Per Michael Silver, the Broncos do not have 4th Round Pick and have told the 49ers that is all they would be willing to give, it's not the 2017 pick, the Broncos would have to acquire a 4th this year to make it happen, but SF wants higher pick period.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-14-2016, 11:47 AM
Per Michael Silver, the Broncos do not have 4th Round Pick and have told the 49ers that is all they would be willing to give, it's not the 2017 pick, the Broncos would have to acquire a 4th this year to make it happen, but SF wants higher pick period.

We have a 4th round comp. I thought we were allowed to trade comp picks..?

Lancane
03-14-2016, 11:49 AM
We have a 4th round comp. I thought we were allowed to trade comp picks..?

Not until next year.

slim
03-14-2016, 12:47 PM
Maybe we can get Josh McDaniels to trade us NE's 4th round pick for our 5th round pick?

Lancane
03-14-2016, 12:49 PM
Maybe we can get Josh McDaniels to trade us NE's 4th round pick for our 5th round pick?

Unfortunately Belichick is the boss, or it would be worth a try...lol.

underrated29
03-14-2016, 12:59 PM

lol

This is hilarious!!!!!!

We are only willing to trade you a pick we dont have. But since we are such badasses we will come up with a pick we dont have to trade you.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-14-2016, 01:29 PM
lol

This is hilarious!!!!!!

We are only willing to trade you a pick we dont have. But since we are such badasses we will come up with a pick we dont have to trade you.

:lol: :laugh:

TXBRONC
03-14-2016, 02:05 PM

If he were in charge of New England personnel then we would have a chance to trade a 4th for a 5th.

MOtorboat
03-14-2016, 06:36 PM
lol

This is hilarious!!!!!!

"Hey, John, I saw Osweiler left town. That's a tough hit. We have Kaepernick, what'd you be willing to give us?"
"A fourth round pick."
"Uh, uh, my assistant here says you don't have a fourth round pick."
"Exactly."

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-14-2016, 06:39 PM
"Hey, John, I saw Osweiler left town. That's a tough hit. We have Kaepernick, what'd you be willing to give us?"
"A fourth round pick."
"Uh, uh, my assistant here says you don't have a fourth round pick."
"Exactly."

Bahahaha!

Lancane
03-14-2016, 06:39 PM
Shane Ray getting heat from a few fans due to his new back tattoo he proudly showed off on Instagram which has the Chiefs emblem in skyline of Kansas City, Missouri where he is from. To be fair it also had the Royals emblem. Ray just wanted a tat that represented where he is from.

NightTerror218
03-14-2016, 06:54 PM
Shane Ray getting heat from a few fans due to his new back tattoo he proudly showed off on Instagram which has the Chiefs emblem in skyline of Kansas City, Missouri where he is from. To be fair it also had the Royals emblem. Ray just wanted a tat that represented where he is from.

He grew up in KC, loves the town, showing his roots. Nothing wrong with that.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-14-2016, 06:55 PM
He grew up in KC, loves the town, showing his roots. Nothing wrong with that.

No, but it doesn't make him look like the sharpest tool in the shed when he's making millions of dollars to play for a division rival

TXBRONC
03-14-2016, 07:50 PM
lol

This is hilarious!!!!!!

Elway is good.

Lancane
03-14-2016, 08:27 PM
Per Source (unverified) - Broncos will not match CJ Anderson's offer, he'll become a Dolphin at 2pm eastern.

Simple Jaded
03-14-2016, 08:39 PM
Per Source (unverified) - Broncos will not match CJ Anderson's offer, he'll become a Dolphin at 2pm eastern.

Its too much upfront money.

I don't blame them if they dont want to invest in a RB's second contract but Anderson has low mileage. However, one of the reasons he has low mileage is the injuries and weight issues.

Lancane
03-15-2016, 02:10 PM
Ryan Harris signs two year deal with Steelers.

NightTerror218
03-15-2016, 02:31 PM
CJ remains a bronco, Denver matches

Lancane
03-15-2016, 02:33 PM

Thanks Terror, was discussing Steelers signing Harris.

NightTerror218
03-15-2016, 02:34 PM
Thanks Terror, was discussing Steelers signing Harris.

Wanted to end any no matching offer rumors for cj

TXBRONC
03-15-2016, 02:34 PM

They did or are you anticipating that they will?

NightTerror218
03-15-2016, 02:35 PM
They did or are you anticipating that they will?

They did. Twitter is blowing up. @nfl confirmed.

Lancane
03-15-2016, 03:01 PM
David Bruton visited Redskins, hearing it went well but no deal.

Lancane
03-15-2016, 03:02 PM
Mark Schlereth says Broncos are panicking.

Ravage!!!
03-15-2016, 03:05 PM

It would appear that way if you aren't willing to pay the QB, but willing to pay CJ this. Doesn't make sense.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-15-2016, 04:04 PM
Paying a known commodity at RB instead of drafting one is not panic. Good grief Schlereth, shock jock much?

Buff
03-15-2016, 04:07 PM

I don't think he's totally wrong. Free agency is clearly not going as Elway envisioned - which is different than last year when we were losing a bunch of free agents but it didn't feel quite so out of our control. I wouldn't necessarily call it panic - but we're onto plan B or C at this stage and you've got to believe the tenders would have been handed out differently knowing what he knows now.

Ravage!!!
03-15-2016, 04:57 PM
probably not

Ravage!!!
03-15-2016, 04:58 PM
Paying a known commodity at RB instead of drafting one is not panic. Good grief Schlereth, shock jock much?

People cried that we would be 'overpaying' for a QB. Over paying for a RB, which is much easier to find.. making him the 3rd highest paid RB in the NFL as a part timer...seems like a GM that is just trying to keep SOMEONE.

Ziggy
03-15-2016, 05:26 PM
I don't think he's totally wrong. Free agency is clearly not going as Elway envisioned - which is different than last year when we were losing a bunch of free agents but it didn't feel quite so out of our control. I wouldn't necessarily call it panic - but we're onto plan B or C at this stage and you've got to believe the tenders would have been handed out differently knowing what he knows now.

Nah, people panicked last year as well when we lost JT, Orlando, and Pot Roast. Same story, different year. In the end, Elway and the Broncos win.

DenBronx
03-15-2016, 05:40 PM
Which is why I'm not panicking this year. Elways a badass people, everyone chill. :)

DenBronx
03-15-2016, 05:43 PM

Mark doesn't have a clue and usually never does. Only mistake I have seen us do this offseason is overpay for CJ but it's not that big of a deal, just glad he's here.

The one player I really don't want gone though is Brandon Marshall.

tomjonesrocks
03-15-2016, 05:45 PM

Schlereth is kind of a joke sometimes. He was instantly on "CJ is gone!" and the match proves him wrong. So if he's wrong Denver must be panicking!

Lancane
03-15-2016, 05:50 PM
Last night there were those in the building saying they would not match the offer for CJ, even Michael Silver believed they would not. Bruton went to DC, had a great meeting but had no deal or had not agreed to terms, then there is Ryan Harris who visits Pittsburgh and signs a two year, reasonable deal. My point, I think that it all hit Elway at once, add in the losses, I think he said I am not going to lose three more, figured CJ was the best to one to go with.

So not so much panicking, just under pressure and appearing panicky.

Joel
03-15-2016, 07:34 PM
Nah, people panicked last year as well when we lost JT, Orlando, and Pot Roast. Same story, different year. In the end, Elway and the Broncos win.
I didn't: I missed Knighton, but would've helped JT and Orlando pack to see them gone sooner, and said so here. This is different, not least because we wound up paying TWICE as much as a tender to keep CJ: That was clearly a gross miscalculation on Elways part. He, Trevathan and Bruton are the only ones I'd really miss (and there was no realistic way to keep the last two,) but:

Let's not pretend going into 2015 without a failed RT and TE who only does half his job (when healthy) is the same as losing our starting QB, then taking a big cap hit for a starting RB we could've had for HALF the price by simply saying so. If we can sort out the QB situation quickly and well, it might be worth the extra cap hit this year to have CJ cheaply for the following three, but in the interim the latter makes the former harder.

TXBRONC
03-15-2016, 08:29 PM

I like Schlereth but he should know better.

spikerman
03-15-2016, 08:50 PM
On Sirius NFL Radio, they said it best, the Broncos went all in on a "win now" philosophy and it got them to two Super Bowls in three years and one championship. Personally, I don't think the sky is falling and the team will be strong again next year, but even if it's a bad year, would any of you trade the SB championship for a good record next year? I wouldn't.

TXBRONC
03-15-2016, 09:03 PM
On Sirius NFL Radio, they said it best, the Broncos went all in on a "win now" philosophy and it got them to two Super Bowls in three years and one championship. Personally, I don't think the sky is falling and the team will be strong again next year, but even if it's a bad year, would any of you trade the SB championship for a good record next year? I wouldn't.

I don't think Elway would quite agree with they went all in. When reports have asked him about an all in philosophy he says it win now and now on. It something along those lines.

BroncoWave
03-15-2016, 09:26 PM
I don't think Elway quite agree with they went all in. When reports have asked him about an all in philosophy he says it win now and now on. It something along those lines.

Of course he won't say publicly that they were all in while Manning there, but that's the truth of how it was. They went all out in free agency every year Manning was here and it ended in a title. So now the other shoe is dropping and we are having to pay the piper a little bit, but it's totally worth it since Elway's play worked. Maybe we will be down this season, but we still have a great young core and are set up well to be competitive for years to come.

Davii
03-15-2016, 09:39 PM
People cried that we would be 'overpaying' for a QB. Over paying for a RB, which is much easier to find.. making him the 3rd highest paid RB in the NFL as a part timer...seems like a GM that is just trying to keep SOMEONE.

He's also a very important piece of the team and the wins last year. There is more to it than production sometimes. Locker room guy, etc, etc. Don't pay anyone and pretty soon you don't get a chance to do so.

Elway knows what he's doing despite how some feel.

TXBRONC
03-15-2016, 10:00 PM
Of course he won't say publicly that they were all in while Manning there, but that's the truth of how it was. They went all out in free agency every year Manning was here and it ended in a title. So now the other shoe is dropping and we are having to pay the piper a little bit, but it's totally worth it since Elway's play worked. Maybe we will be down this season, but we still have a great young core and are set up well to be competitive for years to come.

He won't say that publically because that's not what he did. He never loaded up on free agents to make one big push. Teams that are all in do that. The defense had four players that were free agents the rest were home grown talent. The offense had more but that had more to do with injury than anything else.

dogfish
03-16-2016, 12:00 AM
a team that's all-in doesn't spend a valuable pick on benedict osweiler-- you don't draft for the future if you're "all-in" now. . . you probably don't spend your first round picks on depth players like roby and ray, either. . . teams that are desperate to win do dumb shit like overpaying for older vets, not investing in their future. . . yes, elway did go hard in the paint, but he's going to do that every year, because he's john effing elway, and that's the only way he knows how to do it. . . he never mortgaged the future to serve the present, though. . . to the contrary, he managed to build a nasty core of talent for the organization, while still exploiting the unexpected opportunity presented by manning's availability to pursue a championship at the same time. . . AND he managed to get it done, while still leaving our cupboards full of draft picks to build with going forward. . .

Lancane
03-16-2016, 12:08 AM
He's also a very important piece of the team and the wins last year. There is more to it than production sometimes. Locker room guy, etc, etc. Don't pay anyone and pretty soon you don't get a chance to do so.

Elway knows what he's doing despite how some feel.

I sort of agree with Rav, and mainly because he's hot and cold...but I love Anderson's personality and fire. I hope he turns into a feature back and becomes our Foster.

UnderArmour
03-16-2016, 11:35 AM
Okung is visiting Denver after receiving two offers from the Steelers and the Lions.
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/710128376602861568

OT Russell Okung expected to visit Broncos, source says. Denver looking to bolster OL after losing Ryan Harris. Clady situation fluid too.

Seems like if we can get him less than the $8.9 million we can save by cutting Clady, then Clady is a goner. I don't think this is a negotiating ploy either; I think there's a really strong possibility we sign Okung and cut Clady given that the market for Okung has been set.

Cugel
03-16-2016, 02:08 PM

Except, as Malik Jackson said in his interview on The Fan radio yesterday, the Broncos could have re-signed both him and Brock Osweiler prior to the 2015 season and they would have taken a lot less than what Denver ultimately offered, and even that was not enough.

I criticize Elway for losing players he targeted. Not for refusing to over-pay for Malik and Brock. That was smart. NO WAY a QB who's started 7 games is worth $72M. No way!

And no way is Malik worth an $85M, 5 year contract, with $42M guaranteed and an average salary of $17.1M. That's just completely and totally insane.

But, they might at least have tried to get these players locked up in a contract last July when the price would have been much lower, because the player wants long-term security, and it's risky playing out your contract. You might get hurt, the market might not be what you expect, and generally it's better to get $ now rather than $ later.

Instead they waited until December and January to make an offer on a new contract. And by then it was too late. Malik said that by then, since they had made him play out the entire contract, there was no point signing a new contract right before FA. Brock the same.

TXBRONC
03-16-2016, 02:12 PM
a team that's all-in doesn't spend a valuable pick on benedict osweiler-- you don't draft for the future if you're "all-in" now. . . you probably don't spend your first round picks on depth players like roby and ray, either. . . teams that are desperate to win do dumb shit like overpaying for older vets, not investing in their future. . . yes, elway did go hard in the paint, but he's going to do that every year, because he's john effing elway, and that's the only way he knows how to do it. . . he never mortgaged the future to serve the present, though. . . to the contrary, he managed to build a nasty core of talent for the organization, while still exploiting the unexpected opportunity presented by manning's availability to pursue a championship at the same time. . . AND he managed to get it done, while still leaving our cupboards full of draft picks to build with going forward. . .

As usual you said it better than I did but this what I was trying to say.

TXBRONC
03-16-2016, 02:15 PM
Okung is visiting Denver after receiving two offers from the Steelers and the Lions.
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/710128376602861568

Seems like if we can get him less than the $8.9 million we can save by cutting Clady, then Clady is a goner. I don't think this is a negotiating ploy either; I think there's a really strong possibility we sign Okung and cut Clady given that the market for Okung has been set.

If Denver lands Okung I would be ok with that.

VonDoom
03-16-2016, 02:44 PM

Cj Anderson ‏@cjandersonb22 6m6 minutes ago

I herd @markschlereth disrespecting me like man thought we cool but if Hating makes you feel this good that's sad man

tomjonesrocks
03-16-2016, 02:52 PM
Cj Anderson ‏@cjandersonb22 6m6 minutes ago I herd @markschlereth disrespecting me like man thought we cool but if Hating makes you feel this good that's sad man

Schlereth was a douche on this. And wrong.

Ravage!!!
03-16-2016, 03:10 PM
Schlereth was a douche on this. And wrong.

Just because his opinion varies from yours, doesn't make him wrong.

Northman
03-16-2016, 03:13 PM

Agreed.

Just goes back to what goes on in NE, every year people say they will plummet and have a losing season because they let big names go, etc yet they keep winning. I trust we will find the right players to fill the necessary voids that we have lost. Same complaints, different year.

Northman
03-16-2016, 03:16 PM

I herd @markschlereth disrespecting me like man thought we cool but if Hating makes you feel this good that's sad man

Lol bravo CJ.

spikerman
03-16-2016, 03:38 PM
As for drafting Osweiler, I think Elway was unsure of if, or how long , Manning would play. He didn't want to be caught without a QB in waiting. Irony is ironic.

spikerman
03-16-2016, 03:41 PM
Lol bravo CJ.

CJ is still mad because of Schelereth giving me the brush-off at DIA when I flew in for the AFCCG. Thanks for having my back, buddy.

Lancane
03-16-2016, 04:49 PM
Broncos feel good about Sanchez in their system - Jeff Legwold

Lancane
03-16-2016, 04:51 PM
Connor Cook has a tremendous Pro-Day, all 32 teams in attendance.

tomjonesrocks
03-16-2016, 04:52 PM
Broncos feel good about Sanchez in their system

Sounds hot

Lancane
03-16-2016, 05:23 PM
Okung is also interested in Broncos will visit the team Thursday.

NightTerror218
03-16-2016, 05:26 PM
Connor Cook has a tremendous Pro-Day, all 32 teams in attendance.

His stock is rising fast

Lancane
03-16-2016, 05:30 PM
His stock is rising fast

Cameron Wolfe said Denver was keeping an eye on his path to the draft. Cook met with SF, Dallas and Cleveland today. Denver has also shown interest in Wentz and Lynch.

Dapper Dan
03-16-2016, 05:50 PM
His stock is rising fast

Much like Blaine Gabbert did.

NightTerror218
03-16-2016, 05:57 PM
Much like Blaine Gabbert did.

And bortles

GEM
03-16-2016, 06:03 PM
Lol bravo CJ.

I changed the station on that bs. I really can't stand listening in the morning anymore. Stink stinks.

GEM
03-16-2016, 06:07 PM

That's kind of a no shit sherlock...had he known he'd have Brock's $14mil to play with, I'm sure he would have tendered CJ differently and taken him at the $2 mil number. Who would really know that a team would be STUPID enough to pay Brock $72 mil.

I wouldn't say panicking either. The Broncos are well aware that they couldn't keep all their players and that SB teams get pillaged every year. Is it ideal? No. But you do what you do when the cards fall where they may.

GEM
03-16-2016, 06:11 PM

We may not be repeat good, but I don't think we'll fall off that sharply due to the defense. In the next couple years, reload. Hell, who knows, this defense may just be great enough to take Sanchez to the Super Bowl.

GEM
03-16-2016, 06:13 PM
Just because his opinion varies from yours, doesn't make him wrong.

Doesn't make him right if he agrees with yours either.

Dapper Dan
03-16-2016, 06:15 PM
And bortles

And Sonny Jorgenson.

Ravage!!!
03-16-2016, 06:21 PM
Doesn't make him right if he agrees with yours either.

Correct, but I didn't state he was.

Lancane
03-16-2016, 10:22 PM
Jordan Norwood to visit Jets.

Dapper Dan
03-16-2016, 10:24 PM

dogfish
03-16-2016, 10:40 PM

doesn't sound like we've tried to bring bolden back, either. . . guess we're gonna be drafting a returner or two, and a couple of safeties. . .

how does the exclusive rights free agent thing work?

Lancane
03-17-2016, 01:07 AM
Exclusive Rights gives full negotiating rights to the team who holds those rights, the player or another team can not negotiate or make an offer on the tagged player.

Lancane
03-17-2016, 06:41 AM
Per several reports and sources, the Broncos have been diligent in their effort to restructure Ryan Clady but both sides at complete impass.

Lancane
03-17-2016, 06:52 AM
Despite having no official meetings with quarterbacks in the draft, yet...the Broncos were looking into Wentz, Lynch and Prescott before Osweiler's defection to Houston. Which could support theory that Elway did not see Brock as long-term solution.

TXBRONC
03-17-2016, 07:32 AM
And Sonny Jorgenson.

Jurgensen would drink to that.

GEM
03-17-2016, 07:37 AM
Per several reports and sources, the Broncos have been diligent in their effort to restructure Ryan Clady but both sides at complete impass.

I like Clady, but he's gotten a LOT of money sitting on IR. If he won't come in at our price, buhbye. His knees could be completely shit for all we know. What we do know is, he was NOT the same player after the first knee surgery. There is a certain value cap to him. Anything north of about $8mil a year to a 2 acl surgery olinemen who had some issues before the 2nd surgery is too much.

dogfish
03-17-2016, 10:26 AM
I like Clady, but he's gotten a LOT of money sitting on IR. If he won't come in at our price, buhbye. His knees could be completely shit for all we know. What we do know is, he was NOT the same player after the first knee surgery. There is a certain value cap to him. Anything north of about $8mil a year to a 2 acl surgery olinemen who had some issues before the 2nd surgery is too much.

anything north of $5mil per is way too much. . . send his ass down the road. . .

BroncoWave
03-17-2016, 10:28 AM

Eh, I don't see how what Schlereth said was disrespectful to CJ. It's not saying CJ is a bad player to say Elway overspent on him.

tomjonesrocks
03-17-2016, 11:02 AM
I changed the station on that bs. I really can't stand listening in the morning anymore. Stink stinks.

Agreed. But so far I'm enjoying Cecil after.

GEM
03-17-2016, 11:53 AM
Agreed. But so far I'm enjoying Cecil after.

I love Cecil. :D

Davii
03-17-2016, 11:53 AM
Eh, I don't see how what Schlereth said was disrespectful to CJ. It's not saying CJ is a bad player to say Elway overspent on him.

That's not what he said though. That was a part of it, but you don't think you'd feel disrespected by someone when they reference your hiring as a panic move, as too extravagant, and oh by the way, the team could've replaced you for much less money, etc? There was a lot more to what Stink was throwing out there than just Elway spent too much.

BroncoWave
03-17-2016, 12:05 PM
That's not what he said though. That was a part of it, but if you don't think you'd feel disrespected by someone when they reference your hiring as a panic move, as too extravagant, and oh by the way, the team could've replaced you for much less money, etc. There was a lot more to what Stink was throwing out there than just Elway spent too much.

Even still, Mark Schlereth is in the media so it's his job to critique players and teams. CJ needs to realize that. But hey, hopefully he internalizes it and it makes him play even harder this year. He seems like the kind of player who draws his motivation from slights against him, so this probably works to our advantage.

tomjonesrocks
03-17-2016, 12:11 PM
Even still, Mark Schlereth is in the media so it's his job to critique players and teams. CJ needs to realize that. But hey, hopefully he internalizes it and it makes him play even harder this year. He seems like the kind of player who draws his motivation from slights against him, so this probably works to our advantage.

Stink went with the "panicked" narrative because he turned out to be -dead- wrong with his reactive "CJs gone!" prognostications - not because he was offering an honest critique of the situation. IMO.

Northman
03-17-2016, 12:12 PM

Uh, well it kind of does say that. By saying Elway over spent is a indirect way of saying he isnt worth the money that was spent on him. I doubt CJ is going lose sleep over the comment but he did have a right to take offense to it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-17-2016, 12:15 PM
Stink went with the "panicked" narrative because he turned out to be -dead- wrong with his reactive "CJs gone!" prognostications - not because he was offering an honest critique of the situation. IMO.

I agree......Stink is a good analyst. He has excellent takes and insights, which makes it so disappointing when he resorts to the shock jock narratives.

NightTerror218
03-17-2016, 01:15 PM
Uh, well it kind of does say that. By saying Elway over spent is a indirect way of saying he isnt worth the money that was spent on him. I doubt CJ is going lose sleep over the comment but he did have a right to take offense to it.

Agreed. Stink said Elway panicked and over paid for a RB....Cj.

TXBRONC
03-17-2016, 02:24 PM
I agree......Stink is a good analyst. He has excellent takes and insights, which makes it so disappointing when he resorts to the shock jock narratives.

Schlereth has now had couple of these moments in rescent times. Before the AFCCG he said he would be shocked if Denver beat the Patriots.

Lancane
03-17-2016, 03:20 PM
Okung to sign 5 year, 53 mil. deal with Broncos.

Dapper Dan
03-17-2016, 04:12 PM
Okung to sign 5 year, 53 mil. deal with Broncos.

Woah

Lancane
03-18-2016, 10:10 AM
Adam Schefter reporting that trade talks for Kaepernick have cooled immensely, 49ers expecting to have him on the roster come April 1st and that any trade likely to happen during the draft, if at all.

slim
03-18-2016, 11:00 AM
Should have taken the 4th...

Joel
03-18-2016, 11:22 AM
Adam Schefter reporting that trade talks for Kaepernick have cooled immensely, 49ers expecting to have him on the roster come April 1st and that any trade likely to happen during the draft, if at all.
Next question: With the money we just invested in CJ and Okung, will we be able to compete in a bidding war if Kaep's released, or do those signings mean we don't even plan to TRY? And, in the latter case, does that mean we'll draft a QB early?

Should have taken the 4th...
A late 4th's better than NOTHING, which is what they're likely to get now. They won't keep Kaep AND Gabbert, and are likely to keep the #7 pick and Gabbert; everyone's well aware of both those things, so who's going to offer them an early 3rd or late 2nd for a mediocre guy they can just bid on later? No one.

Lancane
03-18-2016, 11:54 AM
It's a smart play by the 49ers, but can easily backfire. They'll be hoping that one of the needy teams will miss out. Maybe someone jumps up and takes another teams target and then it gets interesting. Some mocks have Lynch falling to us because teams will go for Cook atop the second round or Hackenburgh. Right now I have the Broncos taking Cook at 31. Though I like Lynch as well, but right now the 49ers have the cap and patience to hold on to him, cause a 3rd Round Pick looks doable in hindsight at that point.

VonDoom
03-18-2016, 12:36 PM

A late 4th's better than NOTHING, which is what they're likely to get now. They won't keep Kaep AND Gabbert, and are likely to keep the #7 pick and Gabbert; everyone's well aware of both those things, so who's going to offer them an early 3rd or late 2nd for a mediocre guy they can just bid on later? No one.

If that report is to be believed, if the 49ers have him on their roster as of 4/1, his salary for 2016 becomes guaranteed. So there'd be no way they're cutting him after being stuck for $11.9 million. They could gamble that somebody would need a QB late in the game and then trade him, or they could release him before 4/1. Or they could just keep him, which is what they're saying to the media anyway.

Ravage!!!
03-18-2016, 01:19 PM
If that report is to be believed, if the 49ers have him on their roster as of 4/1, his salary for 2016 becomes guaranteed. So there'd be no way they're cutting him after being stuck for $11.9 million. They could gamble that somebody would need a QB late in the game and then trade him, or they could release him before 4/1. Or they could just keep him, which is what they're saying to the media anyway.

They are "saying" they will keep him so that people simply don't wait for the release. But everyone knows that's what they ar doing, so eventually they will have to accept a trade. However, 13 million for a veteran starting QB is cheap. So they could just see how the draft plays out for them, then decide if they want to trade him away as someone will surely take the 11.9 salary by itself if they needed to.

VonDoom
03-18-2016, 01:22 PM
They are "saying" they will keep him so that people simply don't wait for the release. But everyone knows that's what they ar doing, so eventually they will have to accept a trade. However, 13 million for a veteran starting QB is cheap. So they could just see how the draft plays out for them, then decide if they want to trade him away as someone will surely take the 11.9 salary by itself if they needed to.

Right, that's certainly possible (that they'd trade him after the draft). I'm just saying that after 4/1, he's not getting cut. So he's either on their team or they have to find a trade partner. They could bluff all the way up to 3/31 if they wanted to and then cut him anyway. I really don't know exactly what their plan is over there.

Joel
03-18-2016, 08:48 PM
Right, that's certainly possible (that they'd trade him after the draft). I'm just saying that after 4/1, he's not getting cut. So he's either on their team or they have to find a trade partner. They could bluff all the way up to 3/31 if they wanted to and then cut him anyway. I really don't know exactly what their plan is over there.
Yeah, and $12M of cap's a lot to gamble when it costs teams nothing and gains them much to delay a trade till April. At that point SF would be desperate to unload a guy costing $12M and wholly unwilling to stay: Advantage, EVERYONE else. Still may be worth more than cutting him to avoid releasing him and getting nothing, but not MUCH more. Certainly not a late 2nd nor early 3rd round pick; they'd be lucky to get what we got for Tebow (whom we could've kept if we disliked the offers.)

I won't lie though, I'd LMFAO if they can't find a trade, pay the guarantee, STILL can't fight a trade and Kaep holds out from camp.

SF: *sigh* FINE, what will it take for you to report to camp?

Kaep: A plane ticket....

Lancane
03-19-2016, 03:14 AM
According to two reports, five teams are considering trading for Ryan Clady.

TXBRONC
03-19-2016, 09:11 AM

Really?

Dapper Dan
03-19-2016, 10:10 AM
Really?

Yes

pipes
03-19-2016, 11:13 AM

I read a report by Jason Cole of Bleacher report. His reporting/rumors/sources are brutal. He's the ultimate throw shit on a wall and see if any sticks. His Broncos reporting is incredibly inaccurate.

The second source that is reporting that teams are interested in trading for Clady...hopefully they're accurate, cause I put NO faith in Cole.

VonDoom
03-19-2016, 12:19 PM
I read a report by Jason Cole of Bleacher report. His reporting/rumors/sources are brutal. He's the ultimate throw shit on a wall and see if any sticks. His Broncos reporting is incredibly inaccurate.

The second source that is reporting that teams are interested in trading for Clady...hopefully they're accurate, cause I put NO faith in Cole.

I hadn't seen any reports from the usual suspects. And I agree not to trust Jason Cole as a source. If that's the best source right now, I wouldn't buy it

Ravage!!!
03-19-2016, 01:05 PM
Of course teams are willing to trade for Clady..why wouldn't they considering how BAD so many OL's were this last season? Top OL are a NEEDED comodity, and if you have to take a chance that the OL that has had injury problems in the past, then you'll do it. They are too important, and the QB is too important. How many back-ups did we see in the NFL last year at QB?? A bunch!

So yeah.. I can see Clady being a guy teams would be willing to trade for, absolutely.

Cugel
03-19-2016, 01:09 PM

It's not as simple as that. While they do have $60M under the cap and have done absolutely nothing in FA so far, keeping him for the entire season will cost more than $11.9M. That's just the guaranteed portion of his salary.

His contract is as follows: (http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Kaepernick-to-Broncos-deal-hung-up-on-compensation-6889734.php)

2016 Base Salary: $11.9M. This is the portion that is guaranteed if he's on the roster April 1.

Pro-rated Signing bonus: $2,465,753

Roster Bonus: $1,125,000. I don't know when this kicks in, but since everybody is talking about $11M guaranteed, it does not appear to be April 1. But at some point they'd have to pay him this portion as well.

Workout Bonus: $400,000. He's going to easily earn this as well since Chip Kelly has just said they will be working him out as soon as he reports.

Total Cap Hit for 2016: $15,890,753 if they keep him all season.

Dead-Cap Space if they cut him prior top April 1: $7,397,260 (mostly the unearned seasons of the pro-rated signing bonus).

It's just crazy to keep him, unless they plan on starting him. But, if they do that, what do they do with Blaine Gabbert who won the starting job last year by outplaying Kaepernick? I suppose Chip Kelly could be crazy enough to pay his backup $16M and his starter $6M but it's not going to make either QB happy.

And $12.3M is a lot to eat on a contract just to try and make the Broncos, Jets or Browns cough up a 2nd round pick when they are not going to do that. They reached agreement with the Browns but the Browns want Kaep to take $8M (backup money) to come in for a year until Jared Goff or Carson Wentz is ready and he doesn't want to do that. He wants to start.

chazoe60
03-19-2016, 01:15 PM
Brevity is beautiful. Think about it.

Ravage!!!
03-19-2016, 01:20 PM
It's not as simple as that. While they do have $60M under the cap and have done absolutely nothing in FA so far, keeping him for the entire season will cost more than $11.9M. That's just the guaranteed portion of his salary.

His contract is as follows: (http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Kaepernick-to-Broncos-deal-hung-up-on-compensation-6889734.php)

2016 Base Salary: $11.9M. This is the portion that is guaranteed if he's on the roster April 1.

Pro-rated Signing bonus: $2,465,753

Roster Bonus: $1,125,000. I don't know when this kicks in, but since everybody is talking about $11M guaranteed, it does not appear to be April 1. But at some point they'd have to pay him this portion as well.

Workout Bonus: $400,000. He's going to easily earn this as well since Chip Kelly has just said they will be working him out as soon as he reports.

Total Cap Hit for 2016: $15,890,753 if they keep him all season.

Dead-Cap Space if they cut him prior top April 1: $7,397,260 (mostly the unearned seasons of the pro-rated signing bonus).

It's just crazy to keep him, unless they plan on starting him. But, if they do that, what do they do with Blaine Gabbert who won the starting job last year by outplaying Kaepernick? I suppose Chip Kelly could be crazy enough to pay his backup $16M and his starter $6M but it's not going to make either QB happy.

And $12.3M is a lot to eat on a contract just to try and make the Broncos, Jets or Browns cough up a 2nd round pick when they are not going to do that. They reached agreement with the Browns but the Browns want Kaep to take $8M (backup money) to come in for a year until Jared Goff or Carson Wentz is ready and he doesn't want to do that. He wants to start.

But 15 million for thes starter isn't over paying for a starting vet QB. So they absolutely could start him, and if he gets beat out by Gabbert, again, in t his system...then the money that is being spent for 2 QBs isnt' that much different than if the starter was the one getting paid more.

So although I agree that the plan is either to trade him, or start him, I think that Kaep has a chance to start in Kelly's system (as it seems absolutely perfect for him).

Simple Jaded
03-19-2016, 02:06 PM

Pipes, I think Cole is writing John Elway's autobiography, that's a pretty good source.

Joel
03-19-2016, 02:23 PM
The problem is neither Kelly nor Kaep want him in SF. On paper, keeping Kaep is fine because Gabbert beating him out for half a season as the organization imploded means nothing (especially with a new coach in charge.) But Kelly can't afford to immediately blow it AGAIN, and keeping a locker room cancer he doesn't want in the first place would be a great way to do just that. And if he DOES try to get "his guy" when one of the top 2016 prospect is likely to be there at #7, then what?

Frankly, I think this whole thing part of the enduring legacy of a team so talented it reached 3 straight NFCCGs and nearly won a SB, but wound up with NOTHING because its management's so dysfunctional. A cautionary tale of how finding loads of talent helps no one but the competition unless the team can keep it onboard.

pipes
03-19-2016, 04:46 PM
Pipes, I think Cole is writing John Elway's autobiography, that's a pretty good source.

Never heard of a fiction autobiography. That should be interesting.

Maybe he's a good author, I don't know. I do know his sources on NFL breaking news are crap.
But seriously, he hasn't been correct on ANYTHING his sources have spewed about the Broncos-that I have seen.
And if you google the topic, it's a widespread opinion that most share. (NFL not just Denver)

Dapper Dan
03-20-2016, 10:27 AM
Brevity is beautiful. Think about it.

Yea

Slick
03-20-2016, 01:20 PM
I really hope they can agree to a restructure with Clady. Even coming off injuries, he's better than every other T on the roster not named Okung. He was great in the zone scheme too.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-20-2016, 02:04 PM
I really hope they can agree to a restructure with Clady. Even coming off injuries, he's better than every other T on the roster not named Okung. He was great in the zone scheme too.

He'll have to be willing to play RT. He might not be willing to stay now that Okung was promised the job.

Valar Morghulis
03-20-2016, 02:10 PM
Clady and okung would be a pretty sweet set of starting tackles

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-20-2016, 02:24 PM
Clady and okung would be a pretty sweet set of starting tackles

Something tells me Clady won't be willing to play RT.

Valar Morghulis
03-20-2016, 02:24 PM

Agreed, but it would be pretty cool!

Slick
03-20-2016, 02:26 PM
He'll have to be willing to play RT. He might not be willing to stay now that Okung was promised the job.

That was my thinking. I would love that. I don't know anything about Stephenson but after googling him it says he's a swing tackle. For some reason I thought he played guard and tackle.

I doubt Denver will pay Stephenson that kind od money to sit on the bench so my hope of keeping Clady is probably a pipe dream.

Poet
03-20-2016, 04:38 PM

He was smallish for a LT. He would be even smaller for a RT. But there are some finesse guards in the NFL. I wonder if that would be more a likely swap. IDK.

TXBRONC
03-20-2016, 04:46 PM
He was smallish for a LT. He would be even smaller for a RT. But there are some finesse guards in the NFL. I wonder if that would be more a likely swap. IDK.

Clady 315 lbs he's not considered undersized for a left tackele.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-20-2016, 05:09 PM

6'6" 315

TXBRONC
03-20-2016, 05:11 PM
6'6" 315

There are bigger tackles but by no means is Clady small.

Poet
03-20-2016, 05:22 PM
6'6" 315

The knock on him coming out of school was that he was small and supposedly stupid. I remember the row that occurred when Denver drafted him. He obviously was a monster at LT, one of the absolute best in the league.

OrangeHoof
03-20-2016, 05:44 PM
I hadn't seen any reports from the usual suspects. And I agree not to trust Jason Cole as a source. If that's the best source right now, I wouldn't buy it

A friend I know used to write for Bleacher Report and he says the editors tell the writers to write bs stories because they need the hits on their web site to sell ad revenue (which is why so many sites love slideshow articles where the entries are shown one page at a time to maximize page hits). For example "Your assignment is to write a story on the 5 most likely teams Peyton Manning will unretire in order to play for." It doesn't mean Manning will unretire. It just means that, if he did, these are the teams he's most likely to play for.

Total pull-it-out-your-ass journalism for the sake of page hits. Bleacher Report has all the credibility of the Huffington Post, imo.

TXBRONC
03-20-2016, 05:50 PM
The knock on him coming out of school was that he was small and supposedly stupid. I remember the row that occurred when Denver drafted him. He obviously was a monster at LT, one of the absolute best in the league.

There may have been some people down about drafting but most were pretty happy. Denver got one of top five tackels available in that draft. The only tackle consider better than Clady was Jake Long who iirc was taken with the first overall pick in the draft.

Joel
03-20-2016, 06:17 PM
Same here. It makes for interesting speculation; since all his injuries (except the torn labrum) were to the same leg, I do wonder if switching sides would rejuvenate him. I'm not holding my breath though; Okung looks a lot like a Plan B exercised when Cladys restructure negotations reached an extended impasse. If we can still keep him for ~$5M/yr and have the cap space for all other needs, great, but if that were an option I think it would've happened INSTEAD of Okung, not in addition.

CoachChaz
03-20-2016, 07:26 PM
Clady probably has more value as trade bait than as a RT at the moment

Simple Jaded
03-20-2016, 07:27 PM
Vasquez didn't wanna play RT either.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-20-2016, 08:24 PM
Vasquez didn't wanna play RT either.

I'm sure he'll do it for 10 million.

TXBRONC
03-20-2016, 09:55 PM
I'm sure he'll do it for 10 million.

I don't think Vasquez would make a very good tackle in Denver's type of offense.

Cugel
03-20-2016, 10:11 PM

Elway has moved on. Clady refused to restructure down to what Denver wanted to pay - about $5M a year. So, just as he did when DRC refused to re-negotiate, and he went out and got Talib, Elway went out and got Okung - on what is essentially a 1 year $5M contract.

Clady has basically decided he's not willing to stay at a price Denver is willing to pay. It looks like he will be traded or released.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-20-2016, 11:38 PM
I don't Vasquez would make a very good tackle in Denver's type of offense.

I was referring to Clady

Simple Jaded
03-21-2016, 10:12 PM
I was referring to Clady

Rumor is the Clady camp was willing to go as low as $6 MM with incentives, true story, on the radio, I'm not making this one up.

CoachChaz
03-21-2016, 11:37 PM
Rumor is the Clady camp was willing to go as low as $6 MM with incentives, true story, on the radio, I'm not making this one up.

Still too much.

Cugel
03-21-2016, 11:47 PM

If that were true, then why would they have gone out and signed Okung for $5M? That's basically the same deal. And they are really not all that different players. After being the 6th pick of the draft Okung never quite lived up to his potential, and after being the 11th pick in 2008, Clady has been hurt and ineffective the last 3 seasons. Doesn't look like either is much better than the other. Both former pro-bowlers not playing much like it recently.

It would imply they wanted to get him below $5M in base salary. He'll get more than that in FA once they release him or trade him.

Valar Morghulis
03-22-2016, 01:09 AM
If that were true, then why would they have gone out and signed Okung for $5M? That's basically the same deal. And they are really not all that different players. After being the 6th pick of the draft Okung never quite lived up to his potential, and after being the 11th pick in 2008, Clady has been hurt and ineffective the last 3 seasons. Doesn't look like either is much better than the other. Both former pro-bowlers not playing much like it recently. It would imply they wanted to get him below $5M in base salary. He'll get more than that in FA once they release him or trade him.

Because of the guarantees, maybe clady wanted the 6 guaranteed but okung was prepared to be paid based on his play.

Cugel
03-22-2016, 03:47 PM
Because of the guarantees, maybe clady wanted the 6 guaranteed but okung was prepared to be paid based on his play.

Possibly, but unless Okung gets injured they are going to pay him $5M or more. I have no idea why he negotiated the 2 year extension. The Broncos are never going to pay that. If they decide they want him back, they are going to want to re-negotiate that deal to turn it into a 1 year guarantee or something.

In short, this is a 1 year deal in which he will never see years 2 and 3 of the contract - at least under the current terms.