PDA

View Full Version : Mark Sanchez to Broncos

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Timmy!
04-20-2016, 06:17 PM
#scornedexlover

Simple Jaded
04-20-2016, 11:41 PM
I appreciate this narrative and want to subscribe to it... But it's possible he just wanted the extra $7 mil too.

Ok, but do you subscribe to the part where he's butthurt over losing a job that was never his?

Buff
04-21-2016, 10:31 AM
Ok, but do you subscribe to the part where he's butthurt over losing a job that was never his?

I think any competitor with a pulse would have been upset to get benched in that San Diego game... I don't begrudge him for that.

I'd still boo him upon his return, and I am rooting for him to fail, but I don't fault him for his decision.

Ravage!!!
04-21-2016, 10:37 AM

I'd be more bothered by ANY NFL player that wasn't bothered for being benched...period. They are there to play. They've trained their entire life to be in the NFL, and the reason they have made it to this level is because they are competitive by nature.

Plus... people are taking 3rd party opinions as to his "feelings' on that entire situation as if they were/are fact. I get it, people love to hate on the guy that didn't 'choose' to stay in Denver, no matter how much more money he could be making for himself. That's their right if they want to choose that perspective, but 7 million dollars is a TON of money that would be ridiculous to pass up.

Davii
04-21-2016, 11:24 AM
I'd be more bothered by ANY NFL player that wasn't bothered for being benched...period. They are there to play. They've trained their entire life to be in the NFL, and the reason they have made it to this level is because they are competitive by nature.

Plus... people are taking 3rd party opinions as to his "feelings' on that entire situation as if they were/are fact. I get it, people love to hate on the guy that didn't 'choose' to stay in Denver, no matter how much more money he could be making for himself. That's their right if they want to choose that perspective, but 7 million dollars is a TON of money that would be ridiculous to pass up.

You can't say he passed up 7 million dollars, the fact is he didn't give the Broncos the chance to match the contract. Elway might have matched, as he did with CJ, or he might have come up to a point where Osweiler wasn't giving up anywhere near that much.

BroncoJoe
04-21-2016, 11:26 AM
I can't disagree with Brock for taking the money. I am free to hate him now though, and don't need a lecture. Not a Broncos player? DEAD.

The Glue Factory
04-21-2016, 12:00 PM
I think any competitor with a pulse would have been upset to get benched in that San Diego game... I don't begrudge him for that.

I'd still boo him upon his return, and I am rooting for him to fail, but I don't fault him for his decision.

His play in the San Diego game definitely warranted being benched! There was absolutely NO fire in the offense. While Manning's stats weren't better than Brent's, err Brook's, he DID put some fire into the offense that wasn't there previously. Manning was kicking and screaming, Broseph seemed to be taking ques from Fox.

Buff
04-21-2016, 12:04 PM
You can't say he passed up 7 million dollars, the fact is he didn't give the Broncos the chance to match the contract. Elway might have matched, as he did with CJ, or he might have come up to a point where Osweiler wasn't giving up anywhere near that much.

I think this is a this is a false premise. Elway did get the opportunity to up his offer and it fell short of Houston's. NFL agents wouldn't be in business very long if they made a habit of taking the highest bid back to the original team and gave them final rights of refusal. That's what franchise tags and tenders are for.

Buff
04-21-2016, 12:06 PM
His play in the San Diego game definitely warranted being benched! There was absolutely NO fire in the offense. While Manning's stats weren't better than Brent's, err Brook's, he DID put some fire into the offense that wasn't there previously. Manning was kicking and screaming, Broseph seemed to be taking ques from Fox.

I loved it. I was thrilled when Manning came in. Goosebumps moment. But if I'm Brock, I'm thinking, "you're going to bench me after a CJ Anderson fumble?" I see both sides of it.

Northman
04-21-2016, 12:09 PM
I loved it. I was thrilled when Manning came in. Goosebumps moment. But if I'm Brock, I'm thinking, "you're going to bench me after a CJ Anderson fumble?" I see both sides of it.

Exactly.

The Glue Factory
04-21-2016, 12:48 PM

Then Brent should have looked at the WHOLE game rather than the last play he was involved in. By the time he was pulled out the Broncos were on their way to repeating the previous year's performance. BrOzeph didn't seem to get the memo about kicking and screaming until weeks after he watched everyone else award him a ring for his effort.

BroncoJoe
04-21-2016, 12:58 PM
I think this is a this is a false premise. Elway did get the opportunity to up his offer and it fell short of Houston's. NFL agents wouldn't be in business very long if they made a habit of taking the highest bid back to the original team and gave them final rights of refusal. That's what franchise tags and tenders are for.

Elway determined, and most analysts agreed, that he is getting FAR more than he was worth.

Davii
04-21-2016, 02:21 PM

I think this is this is this is this is wrong.

Buff
04-21-2016, 04:06 PM
Elway determined, and most analysts agreed, that he is getting FAR more than he was worth.

You keep restating the same point - which I agree with. That has nothing to do with the point I was making that you quoted, which is that Elway did get an opportunity to up his offer - and he upped it as high as we were willing to go. I agree that it seems like the right decision to not go higher.

I think this is this is this is this is wrong.

Seriously though - by all accounts, Sexton gauged the market, he told Elway that his initial offer was too low and that he'd have to come up to be in the running. And we didn't come up far enough. Sexton had no obligation to come back to Elway a 3rd time, and say "will you beat this great offer that Houston made, even though both of your offers have been lower thus far?" Moreover, Elway knows how quickly these things move once free agency opens. Sexton would be burning a bridge with Houston if he then turned around and shopped their best offer.

Timmy!
04-21-2016, 04:10 PM
:pop2:

BroncoJoe
04-21-2016, 04:15 PM
You keep restating the same point - which I agree with. That has nothing to do with the point I was making that you quoted, which is that Elway did get an opportunity to up his offer - and he upped it as high as we were willing to go. I agree that it seems like the right decision to not go higher.

Seriously though - by all accounts, Sexton gauged the market, he told Elway that his initial offer was too low and that he'd have to come up to be in the running. And we didn't come up far enough. Sexton had no obligation to come back to Elway a 3rd time, and say "will you beat this great offer that Houston made, even though both of your offers have been lower thus far?" Moreover, Elway knows how quickly these things move once free agency opens. Sexton would be burning a bridge with Houston if he then turned around and shopped their best offer.

I could buy a watermelon for $1,000. Doesn't necessarily set the price for all watermelons. It just proves I'm an idiot.

I think we're basically in agreement that 1) Brock would be stupid not to accept 2) Elway was right not to match and 3) the Texans were really stupid to offer that much.

BroncoJoe
04-21-2016, 04:16 PM
PS - I have no idea why I chose watermelon in my analysis.

tubby
04-21-2016, 04:42 PM
Preach Buff

underrated29
04-21-2016, 05:09 PM
Actually what happened was they were negotiating at the table, brock was all quiet and upset like. They were finishing up negotiations when Jimmy took a call in the hall for a moment. He came back in and said "We're done here" and left.

Thats what went down. Im sure, if we really wanted to overpay for him Elway could have chased them down the hall and said Ok OK- let us match that deal or beat it. But luckily enough he did not.

The end.

Simple Jaded
04-22-2016, 01:25 AM

The dude is bent because the Broncos put the starter back in.

tubby
04-22-2016, 10:52 AM
It just proves I'm an idiot.

Truth bomb

BroncoJoe
04-22-2016, 01:54 PM
Truth bomb

You're stupid.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-22-2016, 02:58 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 48m

And lockers saved for two other (unknown) QBs in new Broncos locker room #9news #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 50m50 minutes ago

Two QB lockers in new Broncos locker room #9news #9sports

tubby
04-22-2016, 03:05 PM
You're stupid.

Personal attack. Post reported.

Cugel
04-22-2016, 03:32 PM

Totally correct. I've tried saying this several times and was attacked for saying it. If you want a right of first refusal in a contract negotiation you have to pay for it. If you make a contract demand to a new team and they meet it, then that's it.

For the Broncos to keep Osweiler they would have had to bid MORE than $18M. The Texans owner has stated publicly:

"The price kept going up and I think they realized at some point that we weren't going away. We were going to do whatever it took to get the deal done."

I.e. they were going ABOVE $18 M if the Broncos had offered more$. They would have offered $19 or possibly even $20M. "whatever it took."

The Broncos were asked "what's your best offer." They said $16M a year, $64M total, with $30M guaranteed. Houston offered a 4 year deal for $18M/ year, - $72 M total with $37M guaranteed. That's a full $8M more than Denver's offer. Of course he took it.

If the Broncos would have come back and offered $19 M/ year, Houston would have simply gone higher - as their owner publicly stated.

wayninja
04-22-2016, 04:41 PM
Totally correct. I've tried saying this several times and was attacked for saying it. If you want a right of first refusal in a contract negotiation you have to pay for it. If you make a contract demand to a new team and they meet it, then that's it.

For the Broncos to keep Osweiler they would have had to bid MORE than $18M. The Texans owner has stated publicly:

"The price kept going up and I think they realized at some point that we weren't going away. We were going to do whatever it took to get the deal done."

I.e. they were going ABOVE $18 M if the Broncos had offered more$. They would have offered $19 or possibly even $20M. "whatever it took."

The Broncos were asked "what's your best offer." They said $16M a year, $64M total, with $30M guaranteed. Houston offered a 4 year deal for $18M/ year, - $72 M total with $37M guaranteed. That's a full $8M more than Denver's offer. Of course he took it.

If the Broncos would have come back and offered $19 M/ year, Houston would have simply gone higher - as their owner publicly stated.

I'm publicly stating that their owner is an idiot. John made the right call.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-24-2016, 04:27 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h

Broncos QB Mark Sanchez took all offensive linemen to Rockies game today. Doing everything you expect from "The Guy" #9news #9sports

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-24-2016, 04:30 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h

Broncos QB Mark Sanchez took all offensive linemen to Rockies game today. Doing everything you expect from "The Guy" #9news #9sports

He sure is making it hard for me to root against him.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-24-2016, 04:31 PM

Train is not quite full yet - might want to jump on now

VonDoom
04-24-2016, 04:38 PM

This is where I am right now. When we first brought him in, I figured we'd bring in a couple of similar guys to compete. But now I don't really want to. Let Sanchez start and develop someone behind him. We haven't seen what he can do in this system, but he has been a complete professional as far as off the field stuff. I think this helps with team chemistry and things like that.

slim
04-24-2016, 04:39 PM
We are adding two additional pants-optional cars to the Sanchez train.

Tned
04-24-2016, 04:39 PM

Yep, sounds like very good work ethic and that he's jumping all over this opportunity.

slim
04-24-2016, 04:41 PM
At the very least, we know the field will look a lot better.

Tned
04-24-2016, 04:42 PM
This is where I am right now. When we first brought him in, I figured we'd bring in a couple of similar guys to compete. But now I don't really want to. Let Sanchez start and develop someone behind him. We haven't seen what he can do in this system, but he has been a complete professional as far as off the field stuff. I think this helps with team chemistry and things like that.

If it works out, I think they would probably consider bringing in Kap or another vet, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they drafted a QB in the first 100 picks, and then go forward with Sanchez, Siemian and a rookie.

slim
04-24-2016, 04:43 PM
If it works out, I think they would probably consider bringing in Kap or another vet, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they drafted a QB in the first 100 picks, and then go forward with Sanchez, Siemian and a rookie.

They are in a game of chicken with SF and Kaep.

We will see who blinks first, but I don't think it will be John.

Tned
04-24-2016, 04:45 PM
They are in a game of chicken with SF and Kaep.

We will see who blinks first, but I don't think it will be John.

Also might have a lot to do with who they draft.

slim
04-24-2016, 04:52 PM
Also might have a lot to do with who they draft.

Do you mean SF?

If SF drafts a QB at 7, they will either release Kaep or trade him.

slim
04-24-2016, 04:53 PM
Also, would you like to reserve a spot on our pants-optional Sanchez train?

Tned
04-24-2016, 04:57 PM
Do you mean SF?

If SF drafts a QB at 7, they will either release Kaep or trade him.

No, I meant Denver. Let's say they draft lynch or cook, they might be less likely to trade for Kap then they will if they pick up a QB in the third or later.

TXBRONC
04-24-2016, 05:05 PM
We are adding two additional pants-optional cars to the Sanchez train.

I'm glad I'm in one of the original cars.

slim
04-24-2016, 05:07 PM
I'm glad I'm in one of the original cars.

There is no class system here, TX.

We all ride together.

TXBRONC
04-24-2016, 05:13 PM
There is no class system here, TX.

We all ride together.

It's not a matter of class for me, it's a matter of modest Slim.

MOtorboat
04-24-2016, 05:26 PM
Pants-optional train rides!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/92/3d/47923d7197338e866123e89fdf63d6bb.jpg

TXBRONC
04-24-2016, 05:37 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/92/3d/47923d7197338e866123e89fdf63d6bb.jpg

Only in the additional cars.

MOtorboat
04-24-2016, 05:42 PM
Only in the additional cars.

Nope. It's a pants optional party! Who wants to conga?

NightTerror218
04-24-2016, 05:48 PM
Sanchez is putting his career and all gis poker chups in on this oppurtunity. He trying to prove to team and front office that he can be the guy. Off the field you can not ask for more. Time to see how his studying and learning offense and if he can take the next step in career. He has a first step with same terminology in offense. Taking his WR to California for mini camp.

TXBRONC
04-24-2016, 06:01 PM
Nope. It's a pants optional party! Who wants to conga?

No. Only in the additional cars that's what Slim said.

slim
04-24-2016, 06:30 PM

When you put it like that, it sounds kind of gay

MOtorboat
04-24-2016, 06:33 PM
When you put it like that, it sounds kind of gay

He takes off his shirt and we take off our pants.

Hey-oh!

slim
04-24-2016, 06:37 PM
He takes off his shirt and we take off our pants.

Hey-oh!

I suppose that is better than the other way around

Denver Native (Carol)
04-24-2016, 06:37 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cg189MhUYAAL1zN.jpg

Mark and players at Rockies game

Valar Morghulis
04-25-2016, 01:03 AM
Also, would you like to reserve a spot on our pants-optional Sanchez train?

I have a ticket in first class and I would like to exchange it for one in the pants-optional please

Poet
04-25-2016, 01:05 AM
I have a ticket in first class and I would like to exchange it for one in the pants-optional please

Plot twist - the pants-optional seating and first class seating are one and the same.

Valar Morghulis
04-25-2016, 01:07 AM
Plot twist - the pants-optional seating and first class seating are one and the same.

Does this mean we also get a free meal in the pants-optional train?

Result!

TXBRONC
04-25-2016, 09:15 AM

That's fine I'll ride in coach and hopefully Carol will join me.

slim
04-25-2016, 09:40 AM
Does this mean we also get a free meal in the pants-optional train?

Result!

Yes, dinner and good times will served

BroncoJoe
04-25-2016, 09:44 AM
Yes, dinner and good times will served

While Dave is a vegetarian/vegan, I do think he is expecting a tube-steak on the menu with a side of cream sauce.

Valar Morghulis
04-25-2016, 11:32 AM
While Dave is a vegetarian/vegan, I do think he is expecting a tube-steak on the menu with a side of cream sauce.

That cream sauce will not be on the side. And I want a double helping.

slim
04-25-2016, 02:24 PM

I think this can be arranged.

Dave, can I interest you in a ticket upgrade to our VIP car? It comes with all-you-can eat tube steak, tossed salad and man ranch.

Valar Morghulis
04-25-2016, 04:07 PM
I think this can be arranged. Dave, can I interest you in a ticket upgrade to our VIP car? It comes with all-you-can eat tube steak, tossed salad and man ranch.

Where do I sign up?

Denver Native (Carol)
04-28-2016, 06:57 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h

Bumped into Mark Sanchez coming out of QB meeting room 3 1/2 hrs after rest of players went home. Studying playbook/film. #wantsit #9sports

slim
04-28-2016, 07:03 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h

Bumped into Mark Sanchez coming out of QB meeting room 3 1/2 hrs after rest of players went home. Studying playbook/film. #wantsit #9sports

#sancheztrain

TXBRONC
04-28-2016, 08:36 PM
#sancheztrain

Is this one of those supersonic trains?

MOtorboat
04-28-2016, 08:49 PM
Is this one of those supersonic trains?

Pants optional.

TXBRONC
04-28-2016, 09:14 PM
Pants optional.

Rear car only.

Tned
04-28-2016, 09:16 PM
Rear car only.

The Butt of the train.

TXBRONC
04-28-2016, 09:23 PM
The Butt of the train.

It's appropriate.

VonDoom
04-29-2016, 03:09 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 10m10 minutes ago

Show up at #Broncos Dove Valley and who is first guy I see in hallway? Mark Sanchez. Me: what's up? Mark: "Studying. Trying to get better."

BroncoJoe
04-29-2016, 04:22 PM
While I'm not a huge Sanchez guy - he sure does seem to be doing all the right things. I think it sucked the teams he originally went to, and think he'll do really well in Kubiak's system.

2016-2017 is going to be a really interesting year!

Valar Morghulis
04-29-2016, 04:33 PM
#sancheztrain

Tube steak please

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-29-2016, 04:33 PM
While I'm not a huge Sanchez guy - he sure does seem to be doing all the right things. I think it sucked the teams he originally went to, and think he'll do really well in Kubiak's system.

2016-2017 is going to be a really interesting year!

Chugga chugga....

TXBRONC
05-02-2016, 08:51 AM

Show up at #Broncos Dove Valley and who is first guy I see in hallway? Mark Sanchez. Me: what's up? Mark: "Studying. Trying to get better."

He definitely has the right attitude. Btw I was watch NFLN and some of the talking heads think Lynch will be starting before the year is out.

Tned
05-02-2016, 08:59 AM
It's going to all come down to turnovers. When the Broncos got Plummer, he was a turnover machine, like Sanchez, and Kubiak and/or Shanahan through coaching, scheme and play calling, were able to turn that around and make him pretty efficient in terms of TDs/INTs.

The question is whether Kubiak and company, via coaching, scheme and playcalling can do the same for Sanchez. Not turning the ball over is going to be the most important key. The Broncos can win with a game manager, if that's the best they have, but will struggle if the defense is continuously put in bad situations.

slim
05-02-2016, 12:57 PM
Tube steak please

I have some tube steak that has been dry aged for 45 years. You're gonna love it.

G_Money
05-02-2016, 01:40 PM
It's going to all come down to turnovers. When the Broncos got Plummer, he was a turnover machine, like Sanchez, and Kubiak and/or Shanahan through coaching, scheme and play calling, were able to turn that around and make him pretty efficient in terms of TDs/INTs.

The question is whether Kubiak and company, via coaching, scheme and playcalling can do the same for Sanchez. Not turning the ball over is going to be the most important key. The Broncos can win with a game manager, if that's the best they have, but will struggle if the defense is continuously put in bad situations.

http://s32.postimg.org/hpf3f32md/Manweiler.jpg

That’s last year’s Broncos QBs vs. Sanchez’s career averages if pro-rated to the same number of attempts (I did it by hand, so don't take it as gospel - but it should be ball-park). Those QBs didn’t exactly win us the title by being awesome, but even Normal Sanchez isn’t going to be any worse than what we had. And if he makes the same jump that Plummer did from AZ to here (his three lowest INT seasons were all in Denver).

If Sanchez can have a 20 TD / 10 INT year the team will be FINE. Hell, just keep the INTs under 16 and I won't hate you, Mark. We can survive that.

Simple Jaded
05-02-2016, 11:10 PM
My tubesteak comes smothered in underwear and fromunda cheese, no extra charge.

Cugel
05-04-2016, 11:14 AM

Well, this is Sanchez's make or break season. If he plays well he'll probably have an opportunity to go somewhere else and start, although Paxton Lynch will start for the Broncos next season barring the unforeseen. He has the best opportunity he'll ever have to resurrect his career. He has playmakers all around him, the OL has been improved, the team just added another running back in DeVontee Booker, who all the scouts touted as one of the top 3 RBs in the draft - and they got him in the 4th round. Elway had Booker #2 RB on his board.

The team has totally revamped the OL and added Donald Stevenson at RT. They should be significantly upgraded all along the line since they got rid of Evan Mathis, Louis Vasquez, and Ryan Harris, and benched Michael Schofield, who might not make the final 53 man roster, and since Matt Paradis and Max Garcia are no longer 1st year starters but veterans.

The defense is nearly as good as it was last year so the offense isn't going to be put in huge holes very often. Sanchez couldn't possibly ask for a better opportunity than this to prove himself. If he does well starting the season, and the team does well, he can expect to play the entire year. Elway will be content to let Lynch develop as long as the Broncos are seriously contending for a SB this season.

I can't think of a rookie QB who won the SB.

CoachChaz
05-04-2016, 11:24 AM
Well, this is Sanchez's make or break season. If he plays well he'll probably have an opportunity to go somewhere else and start, although Paxton Lynch will start for the Broncos next season barring the unforeseen. He has the best opportunity he'll ever have to resurrect his career. He has playmakers all around him, the OL has been improved, the team just added another running back in DeVontee Booker, who all the scouts touted as one of the top 3 RBs in the draft - and they got him in the 4th round. Elway had Booker #2 RB on his board.

The team has totally revamped the OL and added Donald Stevenson at RT. They should be significantly upgraded all along the line since they got rid of Evan Mathis, Louis Vasquez, and Ryan Harris, and benched Michael Schofield, who might not make the final 53 man roster, and since Matt Paradis and Max Garcia are no longer 1st year starters but veterans.

The defense is nearly as good as it was last year so the offense isn't going to be put in huge holes very often. Sanchez couldn't possibly ask for a better opportunity than this to prove himself. If he does well starting the season, and the team does well, he can expect to play the entire year. Elway will be content to let Lynch develop as long as the Broncos are seriously contending for a SB this season.

I can't think of a rookie QB who won the SB.

Only been 4 rookies to make it to a conference championship. They all lost. Flacco, Roeth, King, Sanchez.

underrated29
05-04-2016, 12:06 PM
http://s32.postimg.org/hpf3f32md/Manweiler.jpg

That’s last year’s Broncos QBs vs. Sanchez’s career averages if pro-rated to the same number of attempts (I did it by hand, so don't take it as gospel - but it should be ball-park). Those QBs didn’t exactly win us the title by being awesome, but even Normal Sanchez isn’t going to be any worse than what we had. And if he makes the same jump that Plummer did from AZ to here (his three lowest INT seasons were all in Denver).

If Sanchez can have a 20 TD / 10 INT year the team will be FINE. Hell, just keep the INTs under 16 and I won't hate you, Mark. We can survive that.

Im sure he will. With our defense we will not have too many games where we actually have to come back from a deficit. I can only think of a few times last year - several being self inflicted (manning with 4 picks, brock and co with 4 turnovers). That alone should keep his ints to a minimum.

Add that to the fact that we will have a much better run game and a much better Oline. Im going to predict around 27tds 11 ints.

Ravage!!!
05-05-2016, 09:26 AM
Mark is a copy of Alex Smith before Smith was traded to the Chiefs. Look at the comparisons:

In the 7 years that Smith was in San Fran, he was 38-36 as a starter. The 4 years that Sanchez was the starter in NY (which were his first four years in the NFL), he was 33-29.

Smith’s Completion % while in San Fran.... 58.5
Mark’s Completion % while in NY........... 56.8
Smith’s Completion % while in KC......... 64%
Mark’s Completion % while in Philly.......63.7

Smith’s TD% career (% of TDs thrown when attempting to pass) is 3.9
Mark’s TD% career (% of TDs thrown when attempting to pass) is 3.8

Smith’s yards average per pass over career....... 6.7 ypc.
Mark’s yards average per pass over career.........6.7 ypc.

Smith’s career winning % over first 7 years ... 51.3
Mark’s career winning % over first 6 years ....51.38

Smith’s playoff record career..... 2-2
Mark’s playoff record career.......4-2

BroncoJoe
05-05-2016, 09:58 AM
I'll take an Alex Smith type performance this year while we groom the young stud.

slim
05-05-2016, 10:15 AM
Mark is a copy of Alex Smith before Smith was traded to the Chiefs. Look at the comparisons:

In the 7 years that Smith was in San Fran, he was 38-36 as a starter. The 4 years that Sanchez was the starter in NY (which were his first four years in the NFL), he was 33-29.

Smith’s Completion % while in San Fran.... 58.5
Mark’s Completion % while in NY........... 56.8
Smith’s Completion % while in KC......... 64%
Mark’s Completion % while in Philly.......63.7

Smith’s TD% career (% of TDs thrown when attempting to pass) is 3.9
Mark’s TD% career (% of TDs thrown when attempting to pass) is 3.8

Smith’s yards average per pass over career....... 6.7 ypc.
Mark’s yards average per pass over career.........6.7 ypc.

Smith’s career winning % over first 7 years ... 51.3
Mark’s career winning % over first 6 years ....51.38

Smith’s playoff record career..... 2-2
Mark’s playoff record career.......4-2

Your analysis omits turnovers, which has been Sanchez's bugaboo.

underrated29
05-05-2016, 10:19 AM
I'll take an Alex Smith type performance this year while we groom the young stud.

If he can throw downfield, I will agree about the stud part. For now I am still scared that it is more he than system. We will see in tc and Preseason.

TXBRONC
05-05-2016, 12:07 PM
I've heard some of the talking say that they think Lynch will end up starting before the end of the season.

NightTerror218
05-05-2016, 04:03 PM
Sanchez played mich better in philli and TO went down too. I would be happy with that performance for the next year.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-05-2016, 04:08 PM
Sanchez played mich better in philli and TO went down too. I would be happy with that performance for the next year.

Sexy Rexy's new nickname should be "quarterback killa".

Ravage!!!
05-05-2016, 05:00 PM
Your analysis omits turnovers, which has been Sanchez's bugaboo.

True.. you are right. Turnovers has been Mark's biggest and largest problem. However, his biggest turnover problem's happened with weaker coaching. Considering he jumped up to a 64% completion rate after moving from NY to Philly, then it seems that accuracy is there, and that goes hand in hand with maturation into the NFL. Just like Smith's best seasons came after his 7th year in the NFL and meeting up with Harbaugh and then Reid...Sanchez now gets to move onto a coach that is QB friendly.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-05-2016, 05:03 PM
Sanchez and Smith might have similar numbers, but they are very different players.
Sanchez has much more arm talent and isn't afraid to push the ball down the field.
Smith is a dink and Dunk guy who can also make plays with his legs.

Ravage!!!
05-05-2016, 05:18 PM
Sanchez and Smith might have similar numbers, but they are very different players.
Sanchez has much more arm talent and isn't afraid to push the ball down the field.
Smith is a dink and Dunk guy who can also make plays with his legs.

However, their average yards per completion are exactly the same. Sanchez might WANT to push the ball down the field, but he has the exact same number of INT's as Smith does, with 4 fewer years played.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-05-2016, 05:20 PM
However, their average yards per completion are exactly the same. Sanchez might WANT to push the ball down the field, but he has the exact same number of INT's as Smith does, with 4 fewer years played.

True, but he has also benefited from much better offensive coaching.