PDA

View Full Version : Mark Sanchez to Broncos

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

FanInAZ
03-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Actually Tebow did get first team reps in his rookie season. He started the last three games of year.

Ryan Leaf started 9 games his rookie year. Therefore, Leaf > Tebow.

Tned
03-12-2016, 10:25 PM
It's etched in Broncoforums.com's history now.

And Davii's signature!

Joel
03-12-2016, 11:13 PM
And Tebow didn't earn the starting job, Kyle Orton lost it.
The offense had to be entirely revamped to cater to Tebow's abilities, because maybe the coaches realized he sure as hell wasn't going to be able to adapt to their needs.
Lastly, that wild card game against the Steelers, it was literally won be DT. An over-time dump pass that resulted in a two-for-one stiff-arm and a sprint of around 70 yards.
No one's crapping on the D, but c'mon, c'mon: How'd we GET to OT against a 13-3 defending AFC Champ? Did DT rack up that 20 pt 2nd qtr all by himself? He must've: Decker left the game with a sprained MCL on the play RIGHT BEFORE that scoring spree started. That drive ended with a perfect deep ball to the end zone just over the outstretched arms of a Pro Bowl CB, but it was only the beginning.

For that matter, how'd we even get to the PLAYOFFS that year? ALL D? Every sports commentator in the nation spent three solid months raving about "Tebow Time" every week just because they needed a good story, and "elite Broncos D" wasn't good enough? It was good enough while the GoAT limped to his last rodeo this year.

Right NOW, today,
Tebow isn't relavent to this conversation. He's never going to play for the Broncos againnor anyone else. He's got a ton of physical talent but NEEDED a ton of developed skill to be a decent starter back then, NONE of which he's gotten since. Multi-year projects undesirable at 25 don't get more appealing at 30. His window is closed for good.

That's no reason to keep "crapping on" the amazing things he did in his half-season of Denver starts. And however bad he was/n't, his onfield achievement only gets MORE impressive the LESS "capable" he was of them. He's not only down, but OUT: Why keep kicking him for daring to win us games when our TEAM sucked?

ChairmanBron
03-12-2016, 11:45 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/bubba_thudd/sanchez211_zpsiumxiwxx.gif (http://s87.photobucket.com/user/bubba_thudd/media/sanchez211_zpsiumxiwxx.gif.html)

More angle shots of the Butt Fumble here, couldn't post the gif...
http://thebiglead.com/2013/11/22/mark-sanchez-ran-into-his-linemans-ass-and-fumbled-3-glorious-gifs/

Tned
03-13-2016, 07:10 AM
This is where I disagree with most people and I think one of the biggest reasons his career is now dead. The offense did NOT have to be revamped. That was a choice the coaches made and it did Tebow and his career no favors. He looked way better before they "revamped" the offense in the games he played (see the houston game the season before). The "revamped" offense made the broncos ENTIRELY one dimensional especially because of the stupid shit Fox said about the subject.

I remember when Schlereth on the radio said "this guy can't throw against air" or something to that effect and that there is no way he could throw against NFL defenses. I thought Schlereth was being harsh and overly critical.

Then, I was at the KC game (think it was KC) with a pre-game field pass, so was down on the field for warmups. This was the week 17 game before the playoff win against Pitt. I watched warmups and literally half of his passes were so far overhead or off target that the receivers (WRs, TEs and RBs) didn't even bother reaching for the balls, or they would simply reach up without really trying to catch it (maybe still working on their timing the best they could) and let is sail a yard or more over their hand.

I was still supporting Tebow pretty heavily at that point, and was blown away at how bad he really was close up and personal.

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 02:26 PM
It's so funny to me the lengths people will go to shit on a guy who gave the broncos the first division title and playoff win in a long time despite being a backup QB and being handed a 1-4 record to work with. Even going so far as to say that somehow folks who will never take an NFL snap are more relevant.

The defenses return to health spurred that change in win/loss, the offense got dramatically worse when Tebow took over. The pervasive narrative at the time that Tebow willed a poor team to the playoffs was nothing more than Disney movie bullshit.

He should have never been named starter and if his name wasn't plastered on billboards across the country he would have been benched half way through the Lions game.

He was terrible, the single worst passer in NFL history.

NightTerror218
03-13-2016, 02:36 PM
The defenses return to health spurred that change in win/loss, the offense got dramatically worse when Tebow took over. The pervasive narrative at the time that Tebow willed a poor team to the playoffs was nothing more than Disney movie bullshit.

He should have never been named starter and if his name wasn't plastered on billboards across the country he would have been benched half way through the Lions game.

When tebow took over on offense. The team shot up in league in rushing to leading. They also took over time of possession by a lot as well. This defense fresh.

The offense did not score much but they managed FGS.

UnderArmour
03-13-2016, 02:37 PM

Doesn't really seem like you actually watched the games during that season, so it's hard to take your opinion seriously. That whole season was some "Disney movie bullshit." 4th quarter miracle after 4th quarter miracle? Come on now, give the guy some credit.

Valar Morghulis
03-13-2016, 02:57 PM
Jaded ranting about Tebow makes me smile every time. Whilst often hyperbolic, I actually agree with everything he posts about Timmy.

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 02:58 PM
Doesn't really seem like you actually watched the games during that season, so it's hard to take your opinion seriously. That whole season was some "Disney movie bullshit." 4th quarter miracle after 4th quarter miracle? Come on now, give the guy some credit.
Watched every painful second of it, he was so bad they changed their offense and those miracles were RB's stopping the clock and ST's getting onside kicks to set up 60 yard FG's.

Seriously, he was a sideshow, he was terrible until defenses went into prevent. Chart his passes, the only routes he completed with any consistency was bucket throws and the deep in or hook, or dump offs against said prevent. Most of the time throwing to his left.

There's his credit, whoot, whoot!

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 03:01 PM
When tebow took over on offense. The team shot up in league in rushing to leading. They also took over time of possession by a lot as well. This defense fresh.

The offense did not score much but they managed FGS.
Sorry, the offense got worse at everything but running the ball. And while TOP went up so did 3-and-outs, so his 3-plays drives lasted longer than with Borton.

#credittotebow.

MOtorboat
03-13-2016, 03:11 PM
Man, Tebow was awful.

ShaneFalco
03-13-2016, 03:29 PM
Damn Sanchez must be really bad then, since Tebow beat him head to head

Valar Morghulis
03-13-2016, 03:34 PM

This is the stupidest thing you ever posted. Hands down.

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 04:03 PM

Tebow has more magic.

BroncoWave
03-13-2016, 04:09 PM

I didn't realize football was an individual head to head sport.

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 04:15 PM
Manning shoulda kept playing, considering he's better than Rivers, R-Berger, Brady and Newton.

Poet
03-13-2016, 04:16 PM
This is the stupidest thing you ever posted. Hands down.

It's not an unfair point within the context of the conversation. If Tebow is bad because Sanchez beat him out, and this is a commonly argued point, then in a game situation, where it matters the most, Sanchez must be bad for losing to Sanchez. Both aren't exactly the best argued or well-reasoned vantage points, and if Falco is offering the point as commentary, as I think he is, he's actually styled upon many people, including you.

Timmy!
03-13-2016, 04:20 PM
Lol. Tebow. Oh man.

Valar Morghulis
03-13-2016, 04:22 PM
It's not an unfair point within the context of the conversation. If Tebow is bad because Sanchez beat him out, and this is a commonly argued point, then in a game situation, where it matters the most, Sanchez must be bad for losing to Sanchez. Both aren't exactly the best argued or well-reasoned vantage points, and if Falco is offering the point as commentary, as I think he is, he's actually styled upon many people, including you.

You used a lot of words to say nothing. So much so, I had to double check that it was actually you who posted this.

Poet
03-13-2016, 04:22 PM
You used a lot of words to say nothing. So much so, I had to double check that it was actually you who posted this.

You used fewer words to say even less.

Valar Morghulis
03-13-2016, 04:23 PM
You used fewer words to say even less.

Brevity is a skill

Poet
03-13-2016, 04:25 PM
Brevity is a skill

It's overrated. The man who uses more words to make the point often can cover more related and tertiary, yet important content.

Falco wins.

Valar Morghulis
03-13-2016, 04:26 PM
It's overrated. The man who uses more words to make the point often can cover more related and tertiary, yet important content. Falco wins.

Ok Joel and cugel's love child

Poet
03-13-2016, 04:27 PM
Ok Joel and cugel's love child

If I had support your position I would resort to attacks, too.

ShaneFalco
03-13-2016, 04:28 PM

:D:listen:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2016, 04:28 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 7m

The only deadline is they'd like to have the QB complement filled out by the time the draft is complete.

Kade Rucker
‏@ruckafella21

@MaseDenver sorry if you've answered this, do #Broncos have a loose deadline for finding a qb?

BroncoWave
03-13-2016, 04:29 PM
really? not even after all the Brady/ Peyton winning comparisons here in Denver?

People who actually understand football never really evaluated Manning or Brady based on whose teams won in head to head matchups. That was more of a media hot take thing to discuss.

Poet
03-13-2016, 04:31 PM
People who actually understand football never really evaluated Manning or Brady based on whose teams won in head to head matchups. That was more of a media hot take thing to discuss.

This is sort of true, but a lot of 'analysts' pointed to the head to head stuff whenever it suited their guy in the debate. Mostly because football analysis tends to suck ass and most of the 'analysts', even some of of those that we think understand football are 'media' guys.

ShaneFalco
03-13-2016, 04:31 PM
i was being sarcastic bra

ShaneFalco
03-13-2016, 04:32 PM
Now i am going to go eat Qdoba Chips and Queso. And i will pray for Denver to sign Tebow while i thank god for my food.

Poet
03-13-2016, 04:32 PM
i was being sarcastic bra

This is the 'context of the conversation' part.

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 04:35 PM

Technically he's right, you said a lot without saying anything because you made an apparent error in your statement about Sanchez beating Sanchez head to head.

The win goes to Dave.

Valar Morghulis
03-13-2016, 04:36 PM

Just so I am clear.

It is your argument is that Tebow is better than Sanchez based on one game in 2011 when Tebow completed less than fifty percent of his passes, and threw for just over 100 yrs, Sanchez threw for over 250 and had a completion percentage over 60?

They never shared the field at the same time, but some how this qualifies falco's argument.

I think you just felt the need to defend falco and attempted to justify a ridiculous argument to teat your own powers of debating.

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 04:36 PM
Now i am going to go eat Qdoba Chips and Queso. And i will pray for Denver to sign Tebow while i thank god for my food.

I made a Qdoba burrito that didn't fit in the wrapper.

Poet
03-13-2016, 04:37 PM
Technically he's right, you said a lot without saying anything because you made an apparent error in your statement about Sanchez beating Sanchez head to head.

The win goes to Dave.

Absolutely not. The words were understood within the context of the conversation, in plain meaning. Even Supreme Court Justices commonly give that form of 'latitude' in regards to interpretation.

ShaneFalco
03-13-2016, 04:37 PM
Just so I am clear.

It is your argument is that Tebow is better than Sanchez based on one game in 2011 when Tebow completed less than fifty percent of his passes, and threw for just over 100 yrs, Sanchez threw for over 250 and had a completion percentage over 60?

They never shared the field at the same time, but some how this qualifies falco's argument.

I think you just felt the need to defend falco and attempted to justify a ridiculous argument to teat your own powers of debating.
if you watched that game. Sanchez choked, Tebow had a game winning drive.

later noobs!

Valar Morghulis
03-13-2016, 04:39 PM
if you watched that game. Sanchez choked, Tebow had a game winning drive.

Agreed.

Not sure how that sorts the over all argument that Tebow is better.

Poet
03-13-2016, 04:41 PM
Just so I am clear.

No. I took up for Falco because he's my buddy and I thought you were being a jerk for no reason. Especially since the comment was no more or less valid than anything else in the thread. Because there were times in that same time period where Tebow was reported to have been ahead of Sanchez. The point being the selection of Sanchez was negligible. If we are to tout the negligible selection of Sanchez over Tebow as some form of fantastic example of superiority, Tebow beating Sanchez out in a regular season game, also negligible, is approximately just as good.

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 04:45 PM
Absolutely not. The words were understood within the context of the conversation, in plain meaning. Even Supreme Court Justices commonly give that form of 'latitude' in regards to interpretation.

I got nothing, except; I object! Nani Nani , boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.

Poet
03-13-2016, 04:46 PM
I got nothing, except; nana, boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.

Jaded wins.

Flawless victory.

Valar Morghulis
03-13-2016, 04:51 PM
No. I took up for Falco because he's my buddy and I thought you were being a jerk for no reason. Especially since the comment was no more or less valid than anything else in the thread. Because there were times in that same time period where Tebow was reported to have been ahead of Sanchez. The point being the selection of Sanchez was negligible. If we are to tout the negligible selection of Sanchez over Tebow as some form of fantastic example of superiority, Tebow beating Sanchez out in a regular season game, also negligible, is approximately just as good.

Two things.

Firstly you don't need to protect falco from me. Ever. The dude said something I thought was stupid. I called him on it. I think he even later admitted it was meant as sarcastic (which at the time I never picked up on)

Secondly I never claimed Tebow beating Sanchez out somehow made him better.
Although I think that he is, but not just because he beat him out in training camp.

They are both terrible.

chazoe60
03-13-2016, 04:53 PM
Tebow>>>>>>>>>>>>Orton. Say what you want but when Tebow played I felt like we at least had a chance, can't say the same for EyOrton.

Poet
03-13-2016, 04:55 PM
Two things.

Firstly you don't need to protect falco from me. Ever. The dude said something I thought was stupid. I called him on it. I think he even later admitted it was meant as sarcastic (which at the time I never picked up on)

Secondly I never claimed Tebow beating Sanchez out somehow made him better.
Although I think that he is, but not just because he beat him out in training camp.

They are both terrible.

Falco is my homie. You can't tell me how to conduct our bromance. I thought you were being a jerk. So I responded to you the same way you respond to me when you think I'm being a jerk. I defended his sarcastic comment because it served as a rebuttal to arguments used against him. So I wasn't just taking up for him, I was also pointing out that he had a point and that others didn't really have one. One thing that I've noticed is that while my friend isn't the most articulate guy in the world, which he has admitted, he certainly makes betters that are on par with others, yet the attitude toward him is often that he's stupid, dumb, and lazy.

Tebow is slightly better to me than Sanchez. Sanchez is shit. Tebow is shit. Tebow has more magical moments of pulling something out of his ass.

TXBRONC
03-13-2016, 05:51 PM

Agreed. Tebow didn't will the Broncos to the playoffs. Fox and McCoy did everything could hide Tebow in offense. The strategy was to play for field position and hope that if they weren't ahead that they were at least close enough to win it in the end.

Northman
03-13-2016, 06:02 PM
This thread is starting to become priceless with hot takes.

ShaneFalco
03-13-2016, 06:04 PM
mmmm qdoba and queso...

Tebow is da best!

Hawgdriver
03-13-2016, 06:06 PM

m_mDTLphIVY

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 06:07 PM
Tebow>>>>>>>>>>>>Orton. Say what you want but when Tebow played I felt like we at least had a chance, can't say the same for EyOrton.

A chance to what? Catch a game from Section 340, row 100, seat 100?

After everything Orton did for you. Smh

ShaneFalco
03-13-2016, 06:08 PM
there is a tebow vs sanchez thread on OM.

Tebow beating sanchez 59 to v49

hohohoho

Poet
03-13-2016, 06:10 PM
m_mDTLphIVY

Si.

ShaneFalco
03-13-2016, 06:12 PM
Two things.

Firstly you don't need to protect falco from me. Ever.

King is my lawyer. He uses preemptive strikes on any and all attackers.

He is paid with pounds of cannabis and ham and cheese sandwiches. Really good ones thou.

Hawgdriver
03-13-2016, 06:13 PM
Si.

Nice brevity homes.

On a closer read, I get it now that SF was "being sarcastic" and you wanted to make the point that winning a head to head battle is just as relevant as much of the other nonsense we spout. It was just way harder than it had to be. Next time, moar Tebow, k?

Poet
03-13-2016, 06:13 PM
Nice brevity homes.

On a closer read, I get it now that SF was "being sarcastic" and you wanted to make the point that winning a head to head battle is just as relevant as much of the other nonsense we spout. It was just way harder than it had to be. Next time, moar Tebow, k?

Yes sir.

Poet
03-13-2016, 06:14 PM
King is my lawyer. He uses preemptive strikes on any and all attackers.

He is paid with pounds of cannabis and ham and cheese sandwiches. Really good ones thou.

Hawg should actually be your lawyer.

I am much cooler than he is though.

He is much smarter.

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 06:15 PM
there is a tebow vs sanchez thread on OM.

Tebow beating sanchez 59 to v49

hohohoho

More importantly, what does Lady Gaga say on the matter?

Hawgdriver
03-13-2016, 06:15 PM
Yes sir.

I love you too.

ShaneFalco
03-13-2016, 06:16 PM
Whenever i feel threatened i use my "Better Call Keeper Card"

ShaneFalco
03-13-2016, 06:17 PM
More importantly, what does Lady Gaga say on the matter?

she said tebow is a real quarterback.

http://media2.popsugar-assets.com/files/2016/02/08/724/n/1922398/91e570d3_edit_img_cover_file_40106288_1454947126_G ettyImages-50wWzW52.xxxlarge/i/Lady-Gaga-Dancing-Super-Bowl-2016.jpg

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 06:20 PM
she said tebow is a real quarterback.

http://media2.popsugar-assets.com/files/2016/02/08/724/n/1922398/91e570d3_edit_img_cover_file_40106288_1454947126_G ettyImages-50wWzW52.xxxlarge/i/Lady-Gaga-Dancing-Super-Bowl-2016.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prosecution rest...

ShaneFalco
03-13-2016, 06:24 PM
You hate america.

Poet
03-13-2016, 06:38 PM
I would have crazy monkey sex with Lady Gaga.

tomjonesrocks
03-13-2016, 06:55 PM

Ditto. Always would have but I've come to realize she is actually a really good singer.

TXBRONC
03-13-2016, 06:58 PM
This thread is starting to become priceless with hot takes.

Or delusion.

OrangeHoof
03-13-2016, 07:05 PM
Not sure if this info is worthy of this thread but CBS is reporting that Fitzpatrick wants way more money than the Broncos will pay. Someone will need to change their perspective if they are going to work this out. The Jets, btw, also think Fitzy's demands are way out of line.

Even Donald Trump says Fitzpatrick is a looooser and doesn't deserve a yuuuge contract.

Cugel
03-13-2016, 07:05 PM
That's no reason to keep "crapping on" the amazing things he did in his half-season of Denver starts. And however bad he was/n't, his onfield achievement only gets MORE impressive the LESS "capable" he was of them. He's not only down, but OUT: Why keep kicking him for daring to win us games when our TEAM sucked?

Actually there IS a reason Joel! People keep bringing up that giant flaming TURD and insisting he should be back in the NFL and arguing that the Broncos should bring him back. I would kick that poison rat ******* in the nads every day of the week and twice on Sunday, lest he attempt to sneak back into Mile High Stadium.

I got so much crap from insane Tebow fans for insisting that he was burning garbage from day 1. I got flamed every which way but loose and banned from the official form more than once for daring to be "divisive" and criticize their worthless darling. 32 NFL GMs concluded he was a useless piece of crap. So, now the un-rehabilitated Tebow-lickers have invented a "conspiracy" and "sabotage" to explain why their idiot hero never made it.

"John Elway was jealous of Tebow because he was afraid Tebow would shatter all his passing records!" Yes. People actually made that argument. And it was not intended as hilarious satire.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2016, 07:07 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1h

#Broncos continue to explore options at QB. Kaepernick, Fitzpatrick, Hoyer, draft prospects. Exercising patience for now

wayninja
03-13-2016, 07:07 PM
Jesus. Get a grip.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-13-2016, 07:17 PM

Is this a reflection of your girth?

Poet
03-13-2016, 07:19 PM
Is this a reflection of your girth?

It's a reflection of her butt.

TXBRONC
03-13-2016, 07:24 PM

King she just might prefer a monkey over you. Just sayin.

J/K

Poet
03-13-2016, 07:33 PM
King she just might prefer a monkey over you. Just sayin.

J/K

I am quite hairy.

TXBRONC
03-13-2016, 07:37 PM
I am quite hairy.

Yeah but they have grooming habits.

Poet
03-13-2016, 07:48 PM
Yeah but they have grooming habits.

I am quite hygienic!

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 08:09 PM
You hate america.

I hate Qdoba chip and cheese.

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 08:15 PM
Jesus. Get a grip.

This is all your fault, I hope you're satisfied.

TXBRONC
03-13-2016, 08:16 PM

I don't think any true American would like Qdoba chips and cheese.

ShaneFalco
03-13-2016, 08:19 PM

how do people like you exist?

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 08:19 PM
I don't think any true American would like Qdoba chips and cheese.

But them burritos? Dayum.

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 08:21 PM
how do people like you exist?

I'm a product of my environment.

Poet
03-13-2016, 08:23 PM
I'm a product of my environment.

Do you live in hell?

Simple Jaded
03-13-2016, 08:30 PM
Do you live in hell?

From 2009 to 2011.

TXBRONC
03-13-2016, 09:18 PM
From 2009 to 2011.

I've never been there is it hot?

tomjonesrocks
03-13-2016, 09:23 PM
This was in my FB feed. Okay, I think it's pretty funny.

Elway signs Uncle Rico:
https://www.facebook.com/WTFMagazine/posts/1165337536820141:0

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-13-2016, 09:58 PM
Do you live in hell?
I was gonna ask if he was surrounded by A-holes.

:laugh:

Simple Jaded
03-14-2016, 12:51 AM
I've never been there is it hot?

Yeah but it's a dry heat.

Joel
03-14-2016, 01:16 AM
Actually there IS a reason Joel! People keep bringing up that giant flaming TURD and insisting he should be back in the NFL and arguing that the Broncos should bring him back. I would kick that poison rat ******* in the nads every day of the week and twice on Sunday, lest he attempt to sneak back into Mile High Stadium.

I got so much crap from insane Tebow fans for insisting that he was burning garbage from day 1. I got flamed every which way but loose and banned from the official form more than once for daring to be "divisive" and criticize their worthless darling. 32 NFL GMs concluded he was a useless piece of crap. So, now the un-rehabilitated Tebow-lickers have invented a "conspiracy" and "sabotage" to explain why their idiot hero never made it.

"John Elway was jealous of Tebow because he was afraid Tebow would shatter all his passing records!" Yes. People actually made that argument. And it was not intended as hilarious satire.
Which people are "insisting" Denver or ANYONE should bring back Tebow? There's ONE guy who's a Tebow homer. Maybe I misunderstood wayninja, but I don't think he suggested (much less insisted) Tebow return, and I've repeatedly said outright the Tebwindow long ago closed. So we must keep debating this to death, refusing to admit Tebow contributed ANYTHING positive to Denver and bashing EVERYTHING he did, just so Falco will stop riding his jock? Anyone think that'll WORK?

iLands
03-14-2016, 01:46 AM
Only way I could like this signing more was if we didn't sign Sanchez and rolled with Trevor and a pick.

I wanted to spend no money and this is as close to that as possible. Pumped!

Lancane
03-14-2016, 08:25 AM
Mark Sanchez is at Dove Valley, will be meeting the press from Broncos UC Health Center at 11am.

Lancane
03-14-2016, 12:02 PM
Mark Sanchez met with John Elway and company, looked jovial and picked up his Broncos workout gear...well so much for those hoping he was trade bait. :lol:

Davii
03-14-2016, 12:37 PM
Tebow and Sanchez did go head to head once. It was in Jets training camp. Sanchez won.

Valar Morghulis
03-14-2016, 12:38 PM
Tebow and Sanchez did go head to head once. It was in Jets training camp. Sanchez won.

Don't let keeper hear you make this argument

Poet
03-14-2016, 12:40 PM
It's not much of an argument - two bad QB's go head to head. One of them gets the nod over the other one. It's as useful as pointing to Tebow's win over Sanchez.

ShaneFalco
03-14-2016, 12:43 PM
you guys like my new sig?

Lancane
03-14-2016, 12:46 PM
Look Shane's got a Tebowner! :lol:

ShaneFalco
03-14-2016, 12:52 PM
it was that or this.
http://static01.nyt.com/images/2012/03/22/sports/Y-JP-TEBOW-2/Y-JP-TEBOW-2-popup.jpg
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/To30xoAJLzoWoLF7WlyK3Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3NfbGVnbztxPTg1O3c9NjMw/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/yahoo_sanchez_tebow.jpg

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2012/03/22/sports/SUB-JP-JETS-1/SUB-JP-JETS-1-articleLarge.jpg

slim
03-14-2016, 12:52 PM
Are they holding hands?

Poet
03-14-2016, 12:55 PM
Maybe something else?

slim
03-14-2016, 12:56 PM
Maybe something else?

That seems like an inappropriate thing for them to do in a public setting.

Poet
03-14-2016, 12:57 PM
That seems like an inappropriate thing for them to do in a public setting.

All is fair in love and war.

weazel
03-14-2016, 01:22 PM
I thought homerism had limits....

how in the **** is saying Sanchez is better than Tebow, homerism? Anyone that actually believes Tebow is an NFL QB, quite simply
a) has not seen him play
b) does not understand football
c) is bat shit ******* crazy

I would say you're all 3, but there is no way you've missed any chance to check out Tebows ass when he's on TV.

He has had more chances than he deserved and every one of his chances ended the same, correct way, with him being released and told he is not an NFL QB. Why the **** do his followers think they know something that every NFL coach doesn't?

artie_dale
03-14-2016, 02:48 PM
I remember when Schlereth on the radio said "this guy can't throw against air" or something to that effect and that there is no way he could throw against NFL defenses. I thought Schlereth was being harsh and overly critical.

Then, I was at the KC game (think it was KC) with a pre-game field pass, so was down on the field for warmups. This was the week 17 game before the playoff win against Pitt. I watched warmups and literally half of his passes were so far overhead or off target that the receivers (WRs, TEs and RBs) didn't even bother reaching for the balls, or they would simply reach up without really trying to catch it (maybe still working on their timing the best they could) and let is sail a yard or more over their hand.

I was still supporting Tebow pretty heavily at that point, and was blown away at how bad he really was close up and personal.

I honestly believe Tebow's biggest mistake is keeping himself bulky. His muscles are too big and the prevent him from fine-tuning his throwing.

Cam Newton is big and ripped, but he's also evenly proportioned. Tebow looks like a body builder. He'd give himself a chance if he'd just tone it down.

artie_dale
03-14-2016, 02:51 PM
This is where I disagree with most people and I think one of the biggest reasons his career is now dead. The offense did NOT have to be revamped. That was a choice the coaches made and it did Tebow and his career no favors. He looked way better before they "revamped" the offense in the games he played (see the houston game the season before). The "revamped" offense made the broncos ENTIRELY one dimensional especially because of the stupid shit Fox said about the subject.

I think this is a reasonable argument. I never thought of it that way. I still think his mechanics are way out of whack, but the team may have set him up for failure in the long run by catering to him vs keep progressing him to fit the QB position. I still think it would have taken a long time.

Hell, I'd argue back that we may not have won as many games as we did that season if that's what the Broncos did (keep him on the path of an NFL QB). I think it's reasonable to think that if he threw it more, he'd have more interceptions and 3 & outs, which would also mean more turnovers and worse defense.

wayninja
03-14-2016, 03:11 PM
I think this is a reasonable argument. I never thought of it that way. I still think his mechanics are way out of whack, but the team may have set him up for failure in the long run by catering to him vs keep progressing him to fit the QB position. I still think it would have taken a long time.

Hell, I'd argue back that we may not have won as many games as we did that season if that's what the Broncos did (keep him on the path of an NFL QB). I think it's reasonable to think that if he threw it more, he'd have more interceptions and 3 & outs, which would also mean more turnovers and worse defense.

May not is a hard argument. We also "may" have won more. And Tebow "may have" had better looking stats. I'm only arguing from a standpoint on what actually happened. What actually happened is that he's a playoff winning QB that is out of the league despite having a winning record. His out of whack mechanics simply looked better in his preseason games last year, and his last game in particular, he looked pretty decent throwing the ball as a pocket qb to me.

Would that have lasted? Would he have reverted to his old ways/instincts? I don't know and can't say. I simply believe there was more of him to see to really make that determination. Lots of folks pan him as the worst thing ever much more quickly than they would other QB's for a whole host of reasons, but the arguments that he can't possibly be any good because he's not in the NFL or didn't beat so-and-so out in camp are just reaching in my opinion. I think he deserved more starting time than he got, especially considering the tangible outcome to the team.

It's really that simple, and I'm trying to avoid the necessary hyperbole/hysteria when evaluating him. (like calling people dumb or batshit crazy, for instance).

Thanks for the discussion.

weazel
03-14-2016, 03:52 PM
I honestly believe Tebow's biggest mistake is keeping himself bulky. His muscles are too big and the prevent him from fine-tuning his throwing.

Cam Newton is big and ripped, but he's also evenly proportioned. Tebow looks like a body builder. He'd give himself a chance if he'd just tone it down.

I think if he toned down on the sucking he would have been better. Hey Tebow, turn down the suck knob.

Northman
03-14-2016, 04:00 PM

The argument only holds water if Tebow had gone elsewhere and succeeded. Tebow's mechanics were the least of his problems from reports that you hear from places like NE where he couldnt understand the playbook. If Tebow actually had any real talent as a starting NFL QB he would of already cemented a spot somewhere on a team because plenty of teams need a QB year in and year out. People trying to clamor to the thought that Denver somehow "broke" him are grasping at straws and its beyond ridiculous at this point. I will always give Tebow credit for his heart and athleticism but thats about as far as it went and in the playoff game vs the Patriots we saw how clutch he really wasnt when the team needed him to step up for 4 quarters of football.

ShaneFalco
03-14-2016, 04:07 PM
nobody loses to brady in foxboro. Only tebow.

Gap between Mark Sanchez and Tom Brady never wider after Jets are routed by Patriots in New England

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/gap-mark-sanchez-tom-brady-wider-jets-routed-patriots-new-england-article-1.474043

If the Jets are ever going to get the upper hand on the Patriots in this rivalry, Mark Sanchez is going to have to close the gap between himself and Tom Brady. That gap never looked bigger than it was in Monday night's 45-3 loss.

While Brady threw for 326 yards and four touchdowns while extending his string without an interception to a team-record 228 passes, Sanchez was unable to produce a big-time performance in a big game. Off all night with his receivers, he ended up throwing three interceptions, including one in the red zone when the Jets were still in the game. He finished 17-for-33 for just 164 yards.

weazel
03-14-2016, 04:49 PM
nobody loses to brady in foxboro. Only tebow.

oh Gump

NightTerror218
03-14-2016, 05:39 PM
The QB play from last season can only go up even with sanchez.

TXBRONC
03-14-2016, 05:58 PM
oh Gump

Run Forrest, run. :vroam:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-14-2016, 06:54 PM
The QB play from last season can only go up even with sanchez.

Exactly

FanInAZ
03-15-2016, 05:32 AM

NFL Game Pass allows me to go back & watch any game that’s been played since 2009, so I went & rewatched the 4th Quarter of that game. The following is commentary on all of the plays that Sanchez & Tebow figured into during the 4th quarter. Yes, it’s extremely lengthy, but it’s the only way to show that those of you who assume that the Jets coming up short in that game constitutes Sanchez “choking” are full of it.

Sanchez on Jets’ 1st drive, starting on own 31 with 14:48 remaining

3-2: pass complete, 4 yards (Turner) [Quick, short pass right where it needed to be against fairly tight coverage & a blitz that never given a chance to get to him.]

1-10: sack, -2 yards (Dumervil) [Doom chased Sanchez down when he tried to scramble out of a collapsing pocket.]

3-9: pass complete, 14 yards (McKnight) [Screen thrown with Woodyard right in Sanchez’s face.]

1-10: pass incomplete,

[B]3-6: pass incomplete [Tight coverage & heavy pressure on Sanchez]

Drive Result: 45 yard FG (11 plays, 42 yards) [Not bad when you consider how tight the coverage, & heavy the pass rush, was on most plays.]

Tebow on Broncos’ 1st drive, starting on own 15 with 9:08 remaining

N/A [3 running plays, none of which were by Tebow]

Drive Result: punt (3 plays, 8 yards) [This wasn’t just the Broncos’ O’s 4th consecutive 3 & out, it was also the 4th consecutive drive in which Tebow never completed a pass. The 3 previous drives were 2 runs, an incomplete Tebow pass & a punt. The Broncos’ only TD at the point was a pick 6 by Goodman. The Broncos’ FG, that was set up by their dominating D & the Jets’ punter shanking a 13 yard punt that went out of bounds at their own 34 yard line. Tebow’s only contribution on that drive, you guessed it, an incomplete pass. If it weren't for the great job by the D, & a shanked punt, the Broncos would've been down 13-0 at this point.]

Sanchez on Jets’ 2nd drive, starting on Broncos' 47 with 7:26 remaining

2-8: pass incomplete [Carter didn’t bite on the play action & Sanchez’s bootlegged right into him. The pass was a throw away lob to avoid a sack.]

Drive Results: punt (3 plays, 2 yards) [So I guess it Sanchez’s fault that the only play in which Coach Ryan called his number was one in which a Broncos’ safety sniffed out the play & smothered it.]

Tebow on Broncos’ 2nd drive, starting on own 5 with 5:54 remaining

1-10: pass complete, 8 yards (Royal) [Over threw Royal enough to make him jump up to catch the ball, in spite of a soft coverage & no pressure. This gave the DB time to nail him on the goal line for a 4 yard loss, putting us in a 2nd & 14 from inside our own 1 yard line. Fortunately, Royal’s athetisizm enable him to juke the DB to turn a play that could’ve set up the Jets to ice the game into an 8 yard gain. Tebow deserve 0 credit for that play & should be criticized to putting us on the brink of disaster because of his inability to put the ball where he needs to, as well as for being so predictable that the DB was able to jump the play as soon as the ball left Tebow’s hand.]

2-2: run, 15 yards [Well executed option.]

1-10: pass complete, 9 yards (Thomas) [Good pass thrown right where it was supposed to be thrown.]

2-1: pass incomplete

[B]3-1: run, 7 yards [Well executed draw, but 1 of the Jets’ DB may have gotten reamed by Coach Ryan during the next Jets’ film session for not staying home. If he wouldn’t have gotten sucked inside, Tebow would’ve ran right into his arms. Nevertheless, Tebow still would’ve gotten enough yards to convert this 3-1.]

1-10: run, 9 yards [A scramble in which he bulled his way for about half of those yards. You can criticize him for many things, but toughness has never been one of them.]

2-1: run, 3 yards [A draw in which he ran like a FB, but ball was nearly stripped.]

1-10: pass incomplete

[B]2-10: pass complete, 18 yards (Rosario) [Pass short & wide against soft coverage, but the pass rush did get to him at the end. Rosario, not Tebow, made a great play. Nevertheless, I’ll cut Tebow slack on this bad pass because he had a pass rusher zeroing in on him while he was trying to throw the ball. A good pass would’ve enable Rosario to get at least another 5 to 10 yards after the reception.]

2-7: run, 3 yards [Draw that was very unremarkable.]

3-4: run, 20 yards [Tebow burned the blitz the way that only a few QB over the years can.]

Drive Results: Touchdown! (12 plays, 95 yards) [Not bad result against a D that was playing prevent until the Broncos’ crossed midfield. Too bad none of his teammates get credit for bailing him out by making great plays that no one acknowledges them for making. Especially the job that the D did in scoring, & setting up the O at point blank range to score, other wise the Broncos still would've been down by 6 at this point.]

Sanchez’s 3rd drive for the Jets, starting on own 14 with :54 remaining

1-10: pass complete, 13 yards (Keller) [Ball was perfectly thrown, against a soft coverage & no pressure, & the runner was able to get out of bounds to stop the clock.]

[B]2-10: pass incomplete

[B]3-10: sacked, -9 (Miller) [Sanchez had only a couple of seconds to look down field before he got a big bear hug that put him on his back. Once Miller shed his blocker, Sanchez was dead meat.]

4-19: pass complete, 25 yards (Burton) [Ball thrown with laser precision into a window of 3 Broncos defenders. Pass rush sufficient to force Sanchez to move around in the pocket, but not enough to actually affect the pass. This is the kind of play that Tebow is incapable of making. If he had tried to run for the 1st, keep in mind that the majority of his scrambles are less than 19 yards. Odds are that Tebow “the Great” would’ve come up short & cost us the game.]

1-10: pass complete, 13 yards (McKnight) [Well thrown ball against a relatively soft coverage, but the DE lining up opposite of Dumervil on that play came within inches of grabbing Sanchez's arm.]

1-10: pass incomplete [Spiked to stop the clock with 7 seconds left.]

2-10: pass incomplete [Hail Mary thrown from 44 yards away.]

Drive results: End of Game (7 plays, 42 yards) [So what’s the success rate of drives that have to go 86 yards in less than 54 seconds? How about 44 yard Hail Marrys? Neither is very high, yet people say that his failure to do the near impossible constitutes him choking?

DenBronx
03-15-2016, 06:14 AM
How do some of you have this much time on your hands?

FanInAZ
03-15-2016, 07:07 AM
How do some of you have this much time on your hands?

As I've said before, half of all Autistics/Aspies are computer geniuses; I'm part of the other half. Some are brilliant engineers, like Temple Grandin, I get extremely frustrated when inanimate objects (such as computers & cars) don’t just work the way they’re supposed to.

As far as me, I’m a teacher & analyst. I have an innate desire to absorb all the information that I can, especially on subject of special interest to me, & then examine it in order to learn all that I can learn. Afterwards, I want to share it in order to make the world a better place. Analyzing football stats is obviously a rather trivial use of my abilities, but it one of the few venues in which I can use it.

With so many members on this site annoyed by my attempts to advocate on behalf of Autistics/Aspies, I’m not going to go into detail. Let me just that it takes a fraction of the effort for me to do as detail of analysis on subject that are of special interest to me. With society being so blinded by my struggles, it’s impossible for me to get anyone to give me the chance to use my abilities in ways that matter.

Hawgdriver
03-15-2016, 09:56 AM
As I've said before, half of all Autistics/Aspies are computer geniuses; I'm part of the other half. Some are brilliant engineers, like Temple Grandin, I get extremely frustrated when inanimate objects (such as computers & cars) don’t just work the way they’re supposed to.

As far as me, I’m a teacher & analyst. I have an innate desire to absorb all the information that I can, especially on subject of special interest to me, & then examine it in order to learn all that I can learn. Afterwards, I want to share it in order to make the world a better place. Analyzing football stats is obviously a rather trivial use of my abilities, but it one of the few venues in which I can use it.

With so many members on this site annoyed by my attempts to advocate on behalf of Autistics/Aspies, I’m not going to go into detail. Let me just that it takes a fraction of the effort for me to do as detail of analysis on subject that are of special interest to me. With society being so blinded by my struggles, it’s impossible for me to get anyone to give me the chance to use my abilities in ways that matter.

oh snap

TXBRONC
03-15-2016, 11:12 AM
NFL Game Pass allows me to go back & watch any game that’s been played since 2009, so I went & rewatched the 4th Quarter of that game. The following is commentary on all of the plays that Sanchez & Tebow figured into during the 4th quarter. Yes, it’s extremely lengthy, but it’s the only way to show that those of you who assume that the Jets coming up short in that game constitutes Sanchez “choking” are full of it.

Sanchez on Jets’ 1st drive, starting on own 31 with 14:48 remaining

3-2: pass complete, 4 yards (Turner) [Quick, short pass right where it needed to be against fairly tight coverage & a blitz that never given a chance to get to him.]

1-10: sack, -2 yards (Dumervil) [Doom chased Sanchez down when he tried to scramble out of a collapsing pocket.]

3-9: pass complete, 14 yards (McKnight) [Screen thrown with Woodyard right in Sanchez’s face.]

1-10: pass incomplete,

[B]3-6: pass incomplete [Tight coverage & heavy pressure on Sanchez]

Drive Result: 45 yard FG (11 plays, 42 yards) [Not bad when you consider how tight the coverage, & heavy the pass rush, was on most plays.]

Tebow on Broncos’ 1st drive, starting on own 15 with 9:08 remaining

N/A [3 running plays, none of which were by Tebow]

Drive Result: punt (3 plays, 8 yards) [This wasn’t just the Broncos’ O’s 4th consecutive 3 & out, it was also the 4th consecutive drive in which Tebow never completed a pass. The 3 previous drives were 2 runs, an incomplete Tebow pass & a punt. The Broncos’ only TD at the point was a pick 6 by Goodman. The Broncos’ FG, that was set up by their dominating D & the Jets’ punter shanking a 13 yard punt that went out of bounds at their own 34 yard line. Tebow’s only contribution on that drive, you guessed it, an incomplete pass. If it weren't for the great job by the D, & a shanked punt, the Broncos would've been down 13-0 at this point.]

Sanchez on Jets’ 2nd drive, starting on Broncos' 47 with 7:26 remaining

2-8: pass incomplete [Carter didn’t bite on the play action & Sanchez’s bootlegged right into him. The pass was a throw away lob to avoid a sack.]

Drive Results: punt (3 plays, 2 yards) [So I guess it Sanchez’s fault that the only play in which Coach Ryan called his number was one in which a Broncos’ safety sniffed out the play & smothered it.]

Tebow on Broncos’ 2nd drive, starting on own 5 with 5:54 remaining

1-10: pass complete, 8 yards (Royal) [Over threw Royal enough to make him jump up to catch the ball, in spite of a soft coverage & no pressure. This gave the DB time to nail him on the goal line for a 4 yard loss, putting us in a 2nd & 14 from inside our own 1 yard line. Fortunately, Royal’s athetisizm enable him to juke the DB to turn a play that could’ve set up the Jets to ice the game into an 8 yard gain. Tebow deserve 0 credit for that play & should be criticized to putting us on the brink of disaster because of his inability to put the ball where he needs to, as well as for being so predictable that the DB was able to jump the play as soon as the ball left Tebow’s hand.]

2-2: run, 15 yards [Well executed option.]

1-10: pass complete, 9 yards (Thomas) [Good pass thrown right where it was supposed to be thrown.]

2-1: pass incomplete

[B]3-1: run, 7 yards [Well executed draw, but 1 of the Jets’ DB may have gotten reamed by Coach Ryan during the next Jets’ film session for not staying home. If he wouldn’t have gotten sucked inside, Tebow would’ve ran right into his arms. Nevertheless, Tebow still would’ve gotten enough yards to convert this 3-1.]

1-10: run, 9 yards [A scramble in which he bulled his way for about half of those yards. You can criticize him for many things, but toughness has never been one of them.]

2-1: run, 3 yards [A draw in which he ran like a FB, but ball was nearly stripped.]

[B]2-10: pass complete, 18 yards (Rosario) [Pass short & wide against soft coverage, but the pass rush did get to him at the end. Rosario, not Tebow, made a great play. Nevertheless, I’ll cut Tebow slack on this bad pass because he had a pass rusher zeroing in on him while he was trying to throw the ball. A good pass would’ve enable Rosario to get at least another 5 to 10 yards after the reception.]

2-7: run, 3 yards [Draw that was very unremarkable.]

3-4: run, 20 yards [Tebow burned the blitz the way that only a few QB over the years can.]

Drive Results: Touchdown! (12 plays, 95 yards) [Not bad result against a D that was playing prevent until the Broncos’ crossed midfield. Too bad none of his teammates get credit for bailing him out by making great plays that no one acknowledges them for making. Especially the job that the D did in scoring, & setting up the O at point blank range to score, other wise the Broncos still would've been down by 6 at this point.]

Sanchez’s 3rd drive for the Jets, starting on own 14 with :54 remaining

1-10: pass complete, 13 yards (Keller) [Ball was perfectly thrown, against a soft coverage & no pressure, & the runner was able to get out of bounds to stop the clock.]

[B]2-10: pass incomplete

[B]3-10: sacked, -9 (Miller) [Sanchez had only a couple of seconds to look down field before he got a big bear hug that put him on his back. Once Miller shed his blocker, Sanchez was dead meat.]

4-19: pass complete, 25 yards (Burton) [Ball thrown with laser precision into a window of 3 Broncos defenders. Pass rush sufficient to force Sanchez to move around in the pocket, but not enough to actually affect the pass. This is the kind of play that Tebow is incapable of making. If he had tried to run for the 1st, keep in mind that the majority of his scrambles are less than 19 yards. Odds are that Tebow “the Great” would’ve come up short & cost us the game.]

1-10: pass complete, 13 yards (McKnight) [Well thrown ball against a relatively soft coverage, but the DE lining up opposite of Dumervil on that play came within inches of grabbing Sanchez's arm.]

1-10: pass incomplete [Spiked to stop the clock with 7 seconds left.]

2-10: pass incomplete [Hail Mary thrown from 44 yards away.]

Drive results: End of Game (7 plays, 42 yards) [So what’s the success rate of drives that have to go 86 yards in less than 54 seconds? How about 44 yard Hail Marrys? Neither is very high, yet people say that his failure to do the near impossible constitutes him choking?

Fleshing out the debate with details puts everything into perspective. I'm not a very detail oriented person when it comes football because I watch it for entertainment first foremost but that doesn't mean do not pay attention to them. I remember those last two drives by each quarterback more so Tebow's than Sanchez's. I also remember how the touchdown that sealed the win was gotten. It wasn't because of Tebow arm it was because he could run. Having just shy of six minutes to drive 95 yards it worked out.

I don't think you'll find to many people that will question Tebow toughness.

CoachChaz
03-15-2016, 11:16 AM
Breaking down 5 year old football games. Fun.

TXBRONC
03-15-2016, 11:18 AM

I have never been annoyed with your advocacy for Autism. You've forced into a conversation and you have always handled with class. Btw my wife teaches special needs children and some of them have had Autism over the years. I have on many occasions been to her class room and get see what she has deal with on daily basis.

TXBRONC
03-15-2016, 11:19 AM

It was brought up so the breakdown was germane to the conversation.

TXBRONC
03-15-2016, 11:21 AM
oh snap

Hey Hawg, I have often wondered is your avatar the business end of a cannon?

FanInAZ
03-15-2016, 11:43 AM
Fleshing out the debate with details puts everything into perspective. I'm not a very detail oriented person when it comes football because I watch it for entertainment first foremost but that doesn't mean do not pay attention to them. I remember those last two drives by each quarterback more so Tebow's than Sanchez's. I also remember how the touchdown that sealed the win was gotten. It wasn't because of Tebow arm it was because he could run. Having just shy of six minutes to drive 95 yards it worked out.

I don't think you'll find to many people that will question Tebow toughness.

All I had remember from the game was that Tebow had been sinking up the joint the entire game until that drive, that's why I had to rewatch it on NFL rewind. Nevertheless, if I'm going to questions someone's objectivity (such as our favorite Teboi) I have to be as objective as possible as I do it. That's why I decided to make sure I pointed out as many positives about Tebow as I could, in spite of the fact that I believe that he did more to hurt his team during the 1st 55 minutes then he did to help them in the last 5. The 2 biggest issues I wanted to address:

1) The notion that Tebow, rather than his teammates, was primarily responsible for the win. The fact is, it was the other way around. Yes, Tebow made some great plays during that drive, but there was also 2 plays were his teammates bailed him out. Not only does nobody acknowledges their contributions, but the Tebois refuses to give the D their just due for keeping them in the game so Tebow could have a chance to lead that game winning drive.

2) The notion that the QB of the winning team beat the QB of the losing team. Wins by QBs in football is as bogus of a stat as wins by a pitcher in baseball. Football & baseball are team sports. There are games in which pitchers only give up a couple of runs, but lose. In 1986, Dan Marino threw for 6 TDs for the Dolphins, while Ken O'Brien only threw 4 for the Jets. The Jets won that game 51-45. So does that mean O’Brien beat Marino? No, nor did Tebow beat Sanchez because Sanchez out played him that entire game.

NightTerror218
03-15-2016, 11:44 AM
Has Sanchez ever had a duo like thomas and Sanders to play with?

FanInAZ
03-15-2016, 11:44 AM

That how far in the past the Tebois are living.

artie_dale
03-15-2016, 11:45 AM

You might have mentioned it before in other threads, but now that I understand you better, you're kinda in Hero Status for me. I'm happy to say though, that not once did it ever cross my mind in a negative way your affiliation to autism. Kudos to you for making a real difference in the world (not on here, but in your life and community).

ShaneFalco
03-15-2016, 12:06 PM
Tebow wins

FanInAZ
03-15-2016, 12:11 PM
Tebow wins

Tebow lost 4 of his last 5 games, 2 to sub .500 teams, 3 by blowouts.

ShaneFalco
03-15-2016, 12:21 PM
What is his career record win/loss

FanInAZ
03-15-2016, 12:35 PM
What is his career record win/loss

8-6, which is exactly the same the Broncos had after Orton's 1st 14th start. You remember his predecessor who started off 6-0 as the Broncos starter, then went 6-21 before he got run out of town.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/2009.htm

ShaneFalco
03-15-2016, 12:51 PM
I miss neckbeard

weazel
03-15-2016, 12:56 PM
moar Shane please

Mike
03-15-2016, 01:06 PM
Tebow is gone. History. He won't be a Denver QB again and likely will never be an NFL QB again. Why even waste time arguing about him?

I am not a Sanchez fan. Don't like the guy, don't look forward to him being Denver's QB. I view him in the same category as Orton. I would expect the QB play to be about the same as last year...mediocre at best. If Denver's defense is as good as last year then they could carry him to wins. If not, maybe fighting for a WC spot is what we can expect.

CoachChaz
03-15-2016, 01:11 PM
I cant help but feel that people are intentionally ignoring the greatness that was Brady Quinn.

FanInAZ
03-15-2016, 01:13 PM
I cant help but feel that people are intentionally ignoring the greatness that was Brady Quinn.

I still remember all of Sneakers' post telling us that we should "Win with Quinn!"

FanInAZ
03-15-2016, 01:21 PM

One of the best kept secrets of McD is that he secretely hated Quinn. The only reason he signed him was so he could sabotage his career by making him sit on the bench.

Northman
03-15-2016, 01:22 PM
All I had remember from the game was that Tebow had been sinking up the joint the entire game until that drive, that's why I had to rewatch it on NFL rewind. Nevertheless, if I'm going to questions someone's objectivity (such as our favorite Teboi) I have to be as objective as possible as I do it. That's why I decided to make sure I pointed out as many positives about Tebow as I could, in spite of the fact that I believe that he did more to hurt his team during the 1st 55 minutes then he did to help them in the last 5. The 2 biggest issues I wanted to address:

1) The notion that Tebow, rather than his teammates, was primarily responsible for the win. The fact is, it was the other way around. Yes, Tebow made some great plays during that drive, but there was also 2 plays were his teammates bailed him out. Not only does nobody acknowledges their contributions, but the Tebois refuses to give the D their just due for keeping them in the game so Tebow could have a chance to lead that game winning drive.

2) The notion that the QB of the winning team beat the QB of the losing team. Wins by QBs in football is as bogus of a stat as wins by a pitcher in baseball. Football & baseball are team sports. There are games in which pitchers only give up a couple of runs, but lose. In 1986, Dan Marino threw for 6 TDs for the Dolphins, while Ken O'Brien only threw 4 for the Jets. The Jets won that game 51-45. So does that mean O’Brien beat Marino? No, nor did Tebow beat Sanchez because Sanchez out played him that entire game.

Yeeeeep.

TXBRONC
03-15-2016, 01:24 PM
Tebow is gone. History. He won't be a Denver QB again and likely will never be an NFL QB again. Why even waste time arguing about him?

I am not a Sanchez fan. Don't like the guy, don't look forward to him being Denver's QB. I view him in the same category as Orton. I would expect the QB play to be about the same as last year...mediocre at best. If Denver's defense is as good as last year then they could carry him to wins. If not, maybe fighting for a WC spot is what we can expect.

Depending on things go from here he may not be starter.

Northman
03-15-2016, 01:25 PM

Because a certain someone cant let go of him and name drops him in virtually every thread we have on the board.

turftoad
03-15-2016, 01:27 PM

I agree. Tebow has nothing to do with the Broncos and never will.

I wish he would quit coming up in every QB thread that is ever started. Period.

He's gone, gonzo, never to be heard from again. Now stop.

GEM
03-15-2016, 01:28 PM
Tebow wins

Tebow died. The devil ate him.

artie_dale
03-15-2016, 01:29 PM

Yup. I'd trust those feelings if I were you.

artie_dale
03-15-2016, 01:30 PM
Because a certain someone cant let go of him and name drops him in virtually every thread we have on the board.

Again why I do not like "loyalty" as a positive trait. It can make a person seem delusional.

Northman
03-15-2016, 01:39 PM
Again why I do not like "loyalty" as a positive trait. It can make a person seem delusional.

It never bothered me that people liked the kid. I just find it funny that for a guy who isnt even in the league (for any team) that a couple of people continue to bring him up when the facts are he isnt a NFL calibur player otherwise he would be playing or at least a backup somewhere. If Tebow was as good as they claim he would be on a team, teams are desperate for QB's so what does it really say when they dont even consider him? Speaks volumes to me and only backs up what some of us had been saying all along.

Mike
03-15-2016, 01:47 PM
I agree. Tebow has nothing to do with the Broncos and never will.

I wish he would quit coming up in every QB thread that is ever started. Period.

He's gone, gonzo, never to be heard from again. Now stop.

We should modify the filter so that it blanks his name out.

Valar Morghulis
03-15-2016, 01:50 PM

Yes!!!

Northman
03-15-2016, 01:51 PM

Yes!

wayninja
03-15-2016, 01:53 PM
His name comes up, them people rail on him for pages and pages and then wonder why he's talked about so much.

Lol.

He was a Broncos QB. That happened. Deal with it.

Davii
03-15-2016, 01:55 PM

I think we'd be better served modifying the filter to blank the offender out.

Lancane
03-15-2016, 01:56 PM
His name comes up, them people rail on him for pages and pages and then wonder why he's talked about so much.

Lol.

We have, we just got over it.

ShaneFalco
03-15-2016, 01:58 PM
funny how the rules of this forum only apply to one poster.

wayninja
03-15-2016, 01:59 PM
We have, we just got over it.

So I've heard. For the last 3 or 4 pages. :D

Protip; If you don't want to talk about someone, don't talk about them.

Your welcome.

ShaneFalco
03-15-2016, 02:03 PM
didn't you know way?

If you are attacking him, its allowed.

Defending is not.

TXBRONC
03-15-2016, 02:04 PM
It's amazing how it's always the fault of critics of Tebow for the page after page spent on discussion and never the Tebow fans who have to troll about it continiously.

ShaneFalco
03-15-2016, 02:15 PM
maybe its because all a tebow supporter has to say is "tebow wins"

and then is followed by pages of analysis of why Tebow sucks, cant throw, is out of the NFL, every little bias detail of why tebow sucks as QB.

And the tebow supporter doesn't really care.

Because his heart aligns with the heart of a champion. Timothy Richard Tebow.

wayninja
03-15-2016, 02:16 PM
It's amazing how it's always the fault critics of Tebow for the page after page spent on discussion and never the Tebow fans who have troll about continiously.

Well, you guys like to use the stats. So... look at the stats?

slim
03-15-2016, 02:19 PM

Lol.

You are only allowed to discuss current players.

wayninja
03-15-2016, 02:20 PM

Ah damn. My bad then.

But wait. Is that current NFL players or Current Broncos players?

The Hall of fame threads are a gonna suck balls.

ShaneFalco
03-15-2016, 02:20 PM

he plays in the hearts of men. just like Jesus Christ.

slim
03-15-2016, 02:21 PM
Ah damn. My bad then.

But wait. Is that current NFL players or Current Broncos players?

The Hall of fame threads are a gonna suck balls.

Only current NFL players.

The next time I see someone bring up Manning #shakesfistinair

TXBRONC
03-15-2016, 02:23 PM
Well, you guys like to use the stats. So... look at the stats?

I have and they have been posted many time over both the good and bad. Tebow fans are just as bad at letting things go as those they point a finger at.

MOtorboat
03-15-2016, 02:24 PM
Who's ready for the European head band!?

GEM
03-15-2016, 02:25 PM
didn't you know way?

If you are attacking him, its allowed.

Defending is not.

What's this crock of shit? Attacking a player is ok, defending a player is ok. That's NOT what anyone is talking about. They're talking about you posting him in EVERY damn thread you go into. EVERY freaking one. It's called spamming the board. I've defended it, but won't anymore.

slim
03-15-2016, 02:25 PM
Who's ready for the European head band!?

That is Tom Brady gay

ShaneFalco
03-15-2016, 02:31 PM
What's this crock of shit? Attacking a player is ok, defending a player is ok. That's NOT what anyone is talking about. They're talking about you posting him in EVERY damn thread you go into. EVERY freaking one. It's called spamming the board. I've defended it, but won't anymore.

you should go back to page 11-15 and see who posted about timmy first.

Tis was not i.

Must be blame falco day or something.

Northman

Boom

TXBRONC
That is Tom Brady gay

Slim I like how you tell it like it is.

MOtorboat
03-15-2016, 02:34 PM
That is Tom Brady gay

The train is leaving the station.

slim
03-15-2016, 02:34 PM
The train is leaving the station.

All aboard!

TXBRONC
03-15-2016, 02:36 PM
All aboard!

Since he's a Bronco I might as even if his head band is Tom Brady gay.

slim
03-15-2016, 02:38 PM
The Sanchez train is more than than a Gronk cruise.

Timmy!
03-15-2016, 02:39 PM
Alright, that's it, I will no longer stand for you tebois defiling my good name. I was Timmy long before that hack tebow came along, and I can throw a football better too.....but then again so can most middle schoolers, but that's not the point.

BroncoJoe
03-15-2016, 02:40 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/AP-Jets-Quarterbacks-Football_003-702x1024.jpg

MOtorboat
03-15-2016, 02:41 PM
Joe gets it.

GEM
03-15-2016, 03:14 PM
you should go back to page 11-15 and see who posted about timmy first.

Tis was not i.

Must be blame falco day or something.

I'm not talking one thread. You've done it in multiple. And it's TWAS, not Tis was. :laugh:
Tebow is gone. He's not coming back. So just stop with it already.

wayninja
03-15-2016, 03:19 PM
I'm not talking one thread. You've done it in multiple. And it's TWAS, not Tis was. :laugh:

It's possible he could come back. It's not likely, but it is possible. Why should he or anyone else have to stop?

Were talking about QB's, and Denver is clearly looking for QB's. It's fine if you feel he'll never come back. That doesn't make it a fact, nor does it invalidate anyone else opinion on the subject.

Go ahead slap hands for spamming if you want, but we are getting to the point of near censorship on the subject just because some people don't like him. It's just as annoying to those of us who had no problem with him.

ShaneFalco
03-15-2016, 03:24 PM

lol damn i messed that up.

MOtorboat
03-15-2016, 03:34 PM
Delusional.

GEM
03-15-2016, 03:53 PM
It's possible he could come back. It's not likely, but it is possible. Why should he or anyone else have to stop?

Were talking about QB's, and Denver is clearly looking for QB's. It's fine if you feel he'll never come back. That doesn't make it a fact, nor does it invalidate anyone else opinion on the subject.

Go ahead slap hands for spamming if you want, but we are getting to the point of near censorship on the subject just because some people don't like him. It's just as annoying to those of us who had no problem with him.

He's out of the league and Elway dropped him like a hot potato. If you want to believe he's coming back, I apologize that you're delusional. :shrugs: But posting it in damn near every thread in Broncos talk, even threads that have nothing to do with qb's, is spamming. If it were occasional in a qb thread, that's one thing that I have defended in the mod lounge, but cannot defend it in all the threads all over the place.

wayninja
03-15-2016, 03:59 PM
He's out of the league and Elway dropped him like a hot potato. If you want to believe he's coming back, I apologize that you're delusional. :shrugs: But posting it in damn near every thread in Broncos talk, even threads that have nothing to do with qb's, is spamming. If it were occasional in a qb thread, that's one thing that I have defended in the mod lounge, but cannot defend it in all the threads all over the place.

This is a thread about QB's. Is there some reason you are addressing it here?

Some of us prefer delusion to the despair that is Mark Sanchez.

ShaneFalco
03-15-2016, 04:01 PM

i spit my drink up after reading this comment.

maybe we do go over the top with tebow. Guilty as charged.

But Sanchez brings it out of my soul.

GEM
03-15-2016, 04:04 PM
This is a thread about QB's. Is there some reason you are addressing it here?

Would you like me to address it in one of the other 5-10 threads? You pick which one so that I can address it.

:D

ShaneFalco
03-15-2016, 04:05 PM
Would you like me to address it in one of the other 5-10 threads? You pick which one so that I can address it.

do it in my 2016 QB thread. So much cooler then this filth.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-15-2016, 04:06 PM

I started the perfect thread for you to address it in. Sriously.

ShaneFalco
03-15-2016, 04:07 PM
I started the perfect thread for you to address it in. Sriously.

get outta here al! its been decided!

wayninja
03-15-2016, 04:16 PM

I don't care honestly. Just thought it was weird to lecture in a thread where the conversation actual is relevant, even if you consider it delusional.

GEM
03-15-2016, 04:17 PM
I don't care honestly. Just thought it was weird to lecture in a thread where the conversation actual is relevant, even if you consider it delusional.

Who the hell was lecturing? I stated that I've defended the posting of Tebow in legitimate circumstances, but I can't defend just posting it all over the place.

The ridiculous part is Shane admitted to doing it and you're still posting about it.

MOtorboat
03-15-2016, 04:19 PM

He's as relevant to this discussion as Jeff George is. Meaning Tebow is in no logical way relevant to Sanchez being traded to the Broncos. None whatsoever. Just like he wasn't relevant to Osweiler signing in Houston or Kaepernick getting traded to Denver.

Hawgdriver
03-15-2016, 04:19 PM
Hey Hawg, I have often wonder is your avatar the business end of cannon?

Hell yeah dude

nk1HU5WShpU

NightTerror218
03-15-2016, 04:20 PM
How about that butt fumble.

wayninja
03-15-2016, 04:26 PM
He's as relevant to this discussion as Jeff George is. Meaning Tebow is in no logical way relevant to Sanchez being traded to the Broncos. None whatsoever. Just like he wasn't relevant to Osweiler signing in Houston or Kaepernick getting traded to Denver.

The thread is about Mark Sanchez being traded and Elway still ostensibly looking for a QB. So if you want to speculate on Jeff George being the next guy, it's fine by me. Although it's probably less logical considering he's retired. But hey, you never know!

ShaneFalco
03-15-2016, 04:36 PM
Kurt Warner, Denver Broncos QB. He loves Jesus.

artie_dale
03-15-2016, 06:49 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/The-Squeeze-Dancing-and-Questionable/64b32a7c-3b15-4b51-a8ce-f70cdd4776e1

Just watched the one-on-one interview with Sanchez at the top of this page. Good interview.

TXBRONC
03-15-2016, 07:03 PM
Hell yeah dude

nk1HU5WShpU

I take it they mount them on warthogs?

Hawgdriver
03-15-2016, 10:53 PM
I take it they mount them on warthogs?

More like warthogs are mounted on GAU-8's.

Fascinating discussion about mounting.

I like to mount. Mount like a chainsaw.

Northman
03-16-2016, 03:21 AM

All this^

In no way shape or form is Tebow even relevant to the topic. The guy isnt even in the league nor a legitimate option so to bring him up is nothing more than trolling.

Northman
03-16-2016, 03:22 AM

Cuts like a Buzzsaw Blade!

wayninja
03-16-2016, 09:18 AM
All this^

In no way shape or form is Tebow even relevant to the topic. The guy isnt even in the league nor a legitimate option so to bring him up is nothing more than trolling.

That's simply bullshit. He's "in the league" as much as any free agent and he's completely legitimate. You are using hyperbole to try to squash discussion.

Ravage!!!
03-16-2016, 09:25 AM
That's simply bullshit. He's "in the league" as much as any free agent and he's completely legitimate. You are using hyperbole to try to squash discussion.

No he's not. The idea that he's a legitimate option is hyperbole used purely to start an argument and get responses. You are an intelligent guy,and you know very well that Elway would never ever EVER bring Tebow back....ever. So that quite literally means he is NOT an option.

thunndarr
03-16-2016, 09:29 AM

I would accept this, on one condition. Has anyone in the media mentioned Tebow as a possible free agent QB this off-season?

GEM
03-16-2016, 09:31 AM
There's not a single team looking at bringing him back. The only existence of a chance of him playing in the NFL again is in the mind of some fans. He's not "in the league", he hasn't started a game since 2012. FFS.

Lancane
03-16-2016, 09:31 AM
Only that @$$hat Skip 'The Brainless' Bayless.

TXBRONC
03-16-2016, 10:03 AM

I don't have a chainsaw to mount.

TXBRONC
03-16-2016, 10:07 AM
I would accept this, on one condition. Has anyone in the media mentioned Tebow as a possible free agent QB this off-season?

Skippy Bayless has but he's a bafoon not a journalist.

NightTerror218
03-16-2016, 10:30 AM
I think Sanchez will do fine example in Kubiak's system. Less pressure on QBS and he will not have to shoulder team.

wayninja
03-16-2016, 10:48 AM
No he's not. The idea that he's a legitimate option is hyperbole used purely to start an argument and get responses. You are an intelligent guy,and you know very well that Elway would never ever EVER bring Tebow back....ever. So that quite literally means he is NOT an option.

I don't know that. I agree that it's very unlikely. But that doesn't mean it's not an option. By the very definition of the word.

wayninja
03-16-2016, 10:49 AM

Sure, finding media on tebow isn't hard. Even though he hasn't taken an NFL snap in years. Here's one I found with a 10 second google search.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/10/what-about-tebow-in-denver/

BroncoJoe
03-16-2016, 10:53 AM
Sure, finding media on tebow isn't hard. Even though he hasn't taken an NFL snap in years. Here's one I found with a 10 second google search.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/10/what-about-tebow-in-denver/

Did you read the article though?

The chances of it happening are incredibly slim to non-existent. But the fact that the Broncos believe they don’t have to reach to fill out the depth chart makes it far more likely that they’ll sign a free agent (like Ryan Fitzpatrick or Robert Griffin III), use the draft pick that otherwise would go to San Francisco for Colin Kaepernick on a young, cheap player, and maybe even give Trever Siemian a chance to earn the job.

Still, the fact that Tebow could be suggested with a semi-straight face shows how low the bar currently is for the Broncos at the quarterback position.

wayninja
03-16-2016, 11:28 AM

Yep. It agrees that it's unlikely. Which is nothing I've argued against.

It's been a while since I've taken any english classes, but if my memory serves, unlikely is not impossible.

You've omitted the key point though that my response was for. Some in the media are asking seriously if this should be considered:

...and given the manner in which Tebow can enhance the running game — why not at least consider turning the offense over to Tebow and trusting the defense to keep things close?

All I've done is made legitimate conversation with an unlikely, yet possible candidate for the position. It isn't trolling.

Northman
03-16-2016, 11:35 AM

Not only that but there is a difference between the media just pissing in the wind and a report coming out of Dove Valley that they are actually considering Tebow. Anybody with a blog or website can throw shit at the wall even its not true or even relevant. lol

MOtorboat
03-16-2016, 12:06 PM
If Florio actually believes any word of that, he's an idiot.

GEM
03-16-2016, 12:22 PM
Worst SB Champs ever? :confused:

wayninja
03-16-2016, 01:50 PM
Worst SB Champs ever? :confused:

Yeah, I updated my title throughout the season (worst 5-0 team ever, 6-0 etc), as a way of mocking those that said how terrible we were despite the fact that we kept winning.

So, not to be taken seriously.

GEM
03-16-2016, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I updated my title throughout the season (worst 5-0 team ever, 6-0 etc), as a way of mocking those that said how terrible we were despite the fact that we kept winning.

So, not to be taken seriously.

Oh good, I was like WHA??? :D

VonDoom
03-16-2016, 02:27 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 5m5 minutes ago

Cap space and potential Miller deal mean #Broncos will hold the discipline line on any trade talk for Kaepernick or on guy like Fitzgerald.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 5m5 minutes ago

And in general would say inside the #Broncos complex, they feel far better about Sanchez' potential in offense than some folks on outside.

TXBRONC
03-16-2016, 02:45 PM

It's been a while since I've taken any english classes, but if my memory serves, unlikely is not impossible.

You've omitted the key point though that my response was for. Some in the media are asking seriously if this should be considered:

All I've done is made legitimate conversation with an unlikely, yet possible candidate for the position. It isn't trolling.

According to Florio Tebow is a possible candidate I doubt he has heard that from anyone inside Dove Valley.

Ravage!!!
03-16-2016, 03:19 PM
He's not a possible candidate. Elway will not even consider bringing the guy that he couldn't WAIT to get rid of, back.. to lead his SUper Bowl Champions. It's not a possibility, in the least. It's pure troll food to suggest it, and it apparently is working, as we are biting.

ShaneFalco
03-16-2016, 04:27 PM
Sources: Tebow signs 5-year deal

Tim Tebow is a signed, sealed and delivered member of the Denver Broncos.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5421298

FanInAZ
03-16-2016, 04:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5421298

That was from 5 years ago & is no longer valid.

BroncoJoe
03-16-2016, 04:32 PM

From the article:

incredibly slim to non-existent.

A bit different than "unlikely".

ShaneFalco
03-16-2016, 04:35 PM
Tebow signs with Denver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ImCpNqbJw

BroncoJoe
03-16-2016, 04:37 PM
Spam. Again.

wayninja
03-16-2016, 05:13 PM
From the article:

A bit different than "unlikely".

No it's not. Unlikely is unlikely. You are trying to quantify the likelihood using imprecise language. Having a 10% chance or a .001% chance are both unlikely.

It's the same thing when someone says "it's very possible". That means nothing. Things are either possible or they aren't. Things are either likely or they aren't.

If you want to be more precise with your language, feel free. But slim to non-existent chances are unlikely.

Ravage!!!
03-16-2016, 05:18 PM
I agree with Ninja on that.

But the chances aren't unlikely... they are nil. Which is zero. Which is non-existant. It's time to just accept it, and quit with the symantics purely because mathmatically it hasn't been eliminated.

Reminds me of Lloyd in "Dumb and Dumber"..... "So what you are telling me, is that there is still a chance."

So, ok Lloyd.....

Lancane
03-16-2016, 05:21 PM
Per Jeff Legwold, the Broncos feel good about Sanchez in their system.

NightTerror218
03-16-2016, 05:28 PM

All they need is a game manager right now. And draft hopeful future QB.

Ravage!!!
03-16-2016, 05:29 PM
All they need is a game manager right now. And draft hopeful future QB.

I don't believe all they need is a game manager. That's what we needed last year, and it worked, but that won't be the answer again.

NightTerror218
03-16-2016, 05:30 PM
I don't believe all they need is a game manager. That's what we needed last year, and it worked, but that won't be the answer again.

Yes it is. Control the ball. Let the offense move the ball slowly. Kubiak offense does not need a gunslinger or a guy to carry team and make big plays all the time.

Ravage!!!
03-16-2016, 05:34 PM
Yes it is. Control the ball. Let the offense move the ball slowly. Kubiak offense does not need a gunslinger or a guy to carry team and make big plays all the time.

Yeah.. I'm not buying that. Sounds good on paper, but not buying it. I don't think Kubiak's system is revolutionary, nor is it changing the NFL...and you need a top QB in the NFL to be contenders. Lets not look at the outliner and expect that to be the norm.

Lancane
03-16-2016, 05:58 PM
May not need, but just like every other franchise, that is what they want.

Cugel
03-16-2016, 06:03 PM

Exactly.

What did the '86 Bears, the 2001 Ravens, the 2003 Bucs, the 2008 Giants, the 2012 Giants, the 2014-15 Seahawks, all have in common? They all won SBs the year before with great defense. Then they failed to repeat. Most never went back at all.

This is DeMarcus Ware's last year. When he goes, he's a Hall of Fame player who can never be replaced. Shane Ray is a nice player, but that's still a huge loss. Danny Trevathan is a huge loss - he was a great cover guy and lead the team in tackles. David Bruton was your special teams' leader.

And 'Brock Osweiler was familiar with this system. I say unless they get a veteran QB who can come in and significantly improve this offense the Broncos have no chance of repeating. Because the defense will never be again as good as it was in 2015.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-16-2016, 06:47 PM

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 4h

And in general would say inside the #Broncos complex, they feel far better about Sanchez' potential in offense than some folks on outside.

NightTerror218
03-16-2016, 06:51 PM

Exactly. He is not the answer but a stop gap for a rookie to develop during the season.

NightTerror218
03-16-2016, 06:51 PM
Yeah.. I'm not buying that. Sounds good on paper, but not buying it. I don't think Kubiak's system is revolutionary, nor is it changing the NFL...and you need a top QB in the NFL to be contenders. Lets not look at the outliner and expect that to be the norm.

You know you are saying something wrong if Cugel agrees.

Right now offense is getting a make over. I doubt it will be worse the the offense during playoffs.

tomjonesrocks
03-16-2016, 08:17 PM
the Broncos feel good about Sanchez in their system.

Sounds HOT

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-16-2016, 09:45 PM
Sounds HOT

White hot

dogfish
03-16-2016, 10:33 PM
White hot

that's racist!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-16-2016, 10:44 PM
that's racist!

Pardon me...

Brown hot!!

Simple Jaded
03-17-2016, 12:01 AM
Pardon me...

Brown hot!!

Caliente. Horale que machin.

Northman
03-17-2016, 07:10 AM

If the Denver Broncos can get a 8-8 season with a playoff win using a FB at QB and win a SB when their HOF QB is one of the worst in the league i think they can find a way to use a guy like Sanchez. They know what they are doing.

TXBRONC
03-17-2016, 07:19 AM
White hot

Salsa hot.

artie_dale
03-18-2016, 09:24 AM
Sanchez seems focused so far. I mean, he was working out when he was called. Not saying that that puts him over the edge, but he wasn't vacationing or sitting on his couch.

He also handles himself pretty well during interviews. Definitely not robotic or PC with a scripted cliche' feeling to it like Brock Osweiller's interviews felt to me. That's just refreshing, imo. Doesn't mean it'll translate on the field.

So far, any QB under Rex Ryan will always have to live with the distraction of Rex Ryan. That and the focus of Rex Ryan teams are the defense. Maybe putting Sanchez in a situation where he'll have better offensive weapons to take pressure of himself, maybe will see a whole new QB. I'm optimistic and I hope Elway isn't compelled to acquire Kaepernick or RGIII or Fitzpatrick. Sanchez is also pretty durable. He hasn't had any significant injuries, I'm not aware of him being known to point failure at anyone else but himself (so he's not a headcase like Kaepernick or RGIII). I think he's a good fit.

tripp
03-18-2016, 09:35 AM
Don't really have a problem with Mark Sanchez. He's been in the NFL long enough to know what to expect. Kubiak is a QB friendly coach, meaning he can help Sanchez excel in this position. Mark just needs to play WITHIN his limit, and not force throws. I think that's what has plagued his career - thrown too many INT's throughout his career, contrary to the butt fumble, which is laughable, but I've moved on from that accident 2 weeks after it happened.

He's mobile enough to run the boot leg, he just needs to play safe ball, do that and we'll be fine. Although I'd still like to see Kaep, or another vet QB brought in, which I'm sure we will.

Watched his press conference the other day, was impressed with what he said. Said all the right things to give you a sense of confidence that he's taking this opportunity very seriously. I hope he walks the walk, as much as he talks the talk.

artie_dale
03-18-2016, 09:38 AM
Don't really have a problem with Mark Sanchez. He's been in the NFL long enough to know what to expect. Kubiak is a QB friendly coach, meaning he can help Sanchez excel in this position. Mark just needs to play WITHIN his limit, and not force throws. I think that's what has plagued his career - thrown too many INT's throughout his career, contrary to the butt fumble, which is laughable, but I've moved on from that accident 2 weeks after it happened.

He's mobile enough to run the boot leg, he just needs to play safe ball, do that and we'll be fine. Although I'd still like to see Kaep, or another vet QB brought in, which I'm sure we will.

Watched his press conference the other day, was impressed with what he said. Said all the right things to give you a sense of confidence that he's taking this opportunity very seriously. I hope he walks the walk, as much as he talks the talk.

I'm at the point now that in order to get Von what he deserves and possibly extend Marshall eventually, I don't see us paying for Kaepernick.

And, if Kubes can convince Peyton to be a game manager, I'm pretty confident he can do the same for Honcho.

tripp
03-18-2016, 09:43 AM
I'm at the point now that in order to get Von what he deserves and possibly extend Marshall eventually, I don't see us paying for Kaepernick.

And, if Kubes can convince Peyton to be a game manager, I'm pretty confident he can do the same for Honcho.

I'm ok with not getting another Vet QB, so long as we grab a QB in the draft that Elway likes. Just makes me feel a little unsteady if Sanchez ever goes down, we'll have two raw QB's about to step in.

I hope Von's contract doesn't cripple this team financially for the future.

artie_dale
03-18-2016, 09:48 AM
I'm ok with not getting another Vet QB, so long as we grab a QB in the draft that Elway likes. Just makes me feel a little unsteady if Sanchez ever goes down, we'll have two raw QB's about to step in.

I hope Von's contract doesn't cripple this team financially for the future.

There are always backups floating around. Guys get signed in the offseason, only to get cut in the preseason.

I'm shooting for Paxton Lynch in the draft. Not sure whether he's worth our late 1st round pick though.

TXBRONC
03-18-2016, 11:45 AM
Sanchez seems focused so far. I mean, he was working out when he was called. Not saying that that puts him over the edge, but he wasn't vacationing or sitting on his couch.

He also handles himself pretty well during interviews. Definitely not robotic or PC with a scripted cliche' feeling to it like Brock Osweiller's interviews felt to me. That's just refreshing, imo. Doesn't mean it'll translate on the field.

So far, any QB under Rex Ryan will always have to live with the distraction of Rex Ryan. That and the focus of Rex Ryan teams are the defense. Maybe putting Sanchez in a situation where he'll have better offensive weapons to take pressure of himself, maybe will see a whole new QB. I'm optimistic and I hope Elway isn't compelled to acquire Kaepernick or RGIII or Fitzpatrick. Sanchez is also pretty durable. He hasn't had any significant injuries, I'm not aware of him being known to point failure at anyone else but himself (so he's not a headcase like Kaepernick or RGIII). I think he's a good fit.

Because of the way the Kubiak's system is set up it should mess well with Sanchez's strengths as quarterback. I still don't think he's a long term solution but as a stopgap he will probably be competent.

Cugel
03-18-2016, 12:32 PM
artie_dale View Post

So, we're down to make excuses for the Butt-fumbler now?

I can't whip up any enthusiasm for Mark Sanchez, but we'll have to wait for the regular season to see for sure.

What I do know for sure is that Broncos fans are going to be sitting in the stadium on Sundays this season watching Sanchez play, and checking their cell-phones ever quarter to get updates from Houston Texans games to see what Brock Osweiler is doing for the Texans.

If Osweiler sucks and his team loses, "and there was much rejoicing."

If plays well and leads the Texans into the playoffs, especially if he beats the Broncos there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

BroncoJoe
03-18-2016, 12:32 PM
So, we're down to make excuses for the Butt-fumbler now?

I can't whip up any enthusiasm for Mark Sanchez, but we'll have to wait for the regular season to see for sure.

What I do know for sure is that Broncos fans are going to be sitting in the stadium on Sundays this season watching Sanchez play, and checking their cell-phones ever quarter to get updates from Houston Texans games to see what Brock Osweiler is doing for the Texans.

If Osweiler sucks and his team loses, "and there was much rejoicing."

If plays well and leads the Texans into the playoffs, especially if he beats the Broncos there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Good. Start supporting another team and join their website.

Cugel
03-18-2016, 12:35 PM
Good. Start supporting another team and join their website.

Right. Because my only options are to be a blind homer or support some other team?

Because BroncoJoe, hath spoken?

As he hath said, so let it be written! :rolleyes:

BroncoJoe
03-18-2016, 12:37 PM
Right. Because my only options are to be a blind homer or support some other team?

Great. I expect your resignation letter on my desk by 5:00 PM.

MDT.

TIA.

MOtorboat
03-18-2016, 12:39 PM

Get excited for the European Head-Band!