PDA

View Full Version : Question on Trivia...and Manning?

Ravage!!!
03-11-2016, 11:06 AM
Manning went to 4 different Super Bowls... with 4 different HCs (another reason I think Dungy is so highly over rated). That has to be some kind of record, right? I know first to win with 2 different teams, but 4 different coaches is pretty remarkable.

Ok.. random bored (board) posting here...sorry.

NightTrainLayne
03-11-2016, 11:10 AM
Yes, this was talked about SB week. Four SB's with Four different HC's is unprecedented.

pulse
03-11-2016, 11:38 AM
That is one record I doubt will ever be broken. Even two coaches is rare such as Big Ben in Pittsburg.

artie_dale
03-11-2016, 01:26 PM
I think the reason Dungy is given "extra credit" is because he pretty much handed John Gruden HIS SB team (Dungy built that team I guess).

Ravage!!!
03-11-2016, 02:41 PM
I think the reason Dungy is given "extra credit" is because he pretty much handed John Gruden HIS SB team (Dungy built that team I guess).

Yeah.. he couldn't win in the playoffs with that team, so Gruden goes in and wins his first year. Dungy takes 5 years to get to Super Bowl with manning (still has a losing playoff record with both teams, and in fact the only wins he has in the playoffs is that one year they won SB).... and Caldwell goes in first year. Fox goes in 2 years, and Kubiak in 1 year with Manning. So it seems that the constant that seemed to keep Manning out of more Super Bowls nd playoff wins, was the one constant in Tampa as well. Dungy.

artie_dale
03-11-2016, 02:48 PM
Yeah.. he couldn't win in the playoffs with that team, so Gruden goes in and wins his first year. Dungy takes 5 years to get to Super Bowl with manning (still has a losing playoff record with both teams, and in fact the only wins he has in the playoffs is that one year they won SB).... and Caldwell goes in first year. Fox goes in 2 years, and Kubiak in 1 year with Manning. So it seems that the constant that seemed to keep Manning out of more Super Bowls nd playoff wins, was the one constant in Tampa as well. Dungy.

No, I get it. But the common denominator in Indi that impacted both Peyton & Dungy was whoever was in charge of personnel. They still have that issue in Indi. I wasn't defending Dungy, just offering a consideration as to "why" he's coveted by who ever covets him.

Shazam!
03-11-2016, 03:17 PM
I think Kubiak is even more impressive.

3 Super Bowls as Denver QB

2 as offensive coordinator

1 as Head Coach

My man got 6 rings all with Denver.

Ravage!!!
03-11-2016, 04:39 PM
I think Kubiak is even more impressive.

3 Super Bowls as Denver QB

2 as offensive coordinator

1 as Head Coach

My man got 6 rings all with Denver.

you mean 6 AFC CHampionship rings?

Shazam!
03-11-2016, 07:26 PM
I would think there is 3 AFCC rings from his days as a player. Then there's the ring with the Niners.

Did I really miss something?

Ravage!!!
03-12-2016, 12:14 PM
you mean 6 AFC CHampionship rings?

Well you stated he has 6 rings, all with Denver. He didn't win 3 Super Bowls in Denver as a player. So you had to have meant AFC Championship rings, right?

I mean, he has 2 SB rings with Denver as OC, one as HC, and nother SB ring as the QB coach in San Fran...so that's four.

FanInAZ
03-12-2016, 03:23 PM
Well you stated he has 6 rings, all with Denver. He didn't win 3 Super Bowls in Denver as a player. So you had to have meant AFC Championship rings, right?

I mean, he has 2 SB rings with Denver as OC, one as HC, and nother SB ring as the QB coach in San Fran...so that's four.

As far as I'm to understand, you don't get rings for qualifying for the SB, you only get them for winning. Nevertheless, you are correct that he got a SB ring as the QB coach of the 49ers in 1994.

Ravage!!!
03-12-2016, 05:22 PM
As far as I'm to understand, you don't get rings for qualifying for the SB, you only get them for winning. Nevertheless, you are correct that he got a SB ring as the QB coach of the 49ers in 1994.

I guess he's saying 3 AFC Championship rings and 3 Super Bowl Rings... it just sounded weird the way he worded it.