PDA

View Full Version : Compensatory Pucks

LTC Pain
03-10-2016, 08:42 PM
Per LaCanfora on Twitter:

NFL expected to notify teams of awarded comp picks tomorrow. Few weeks earlier than in years past. And now they can be traded! Buckle up!

Lancane
03-10-2016, 08:48 PM
Pucks? Is this about the Aves...lol

Not suppose to be able to trade till next year?

OrangeHoof
03-10-2016, 09:05 PM
IIRC, Fanspeak predicts the Broncos will receive a 3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th.

VonDoom
03-10-2016, 10:25 PM
IIRC, Fanspeak predicts the Broncos will receive a 3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th.

OTC has us with a 3rd, 4th and 6th (they calculate our 7th as beyond the threshold of the maximum 32 comp picks)

VonDoom
03-11-2016, 02:01 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 4m4 minutes ago

#Broncos will receive 3rd, 4th and 6th round compensatory picks in 2016 NFL Draft.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos new 3rd rounder is 98th overall. 4th rounder is 136 overall. 6th rounder is 219 overall.

Joel
03-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Not a comp pick, but the topic prompted me to doublecheck: Wikipedia no longer shows us trading Baltimore EITHER Detroits 5th (#144 overall) OR our natural one (#169 overall,) but has evidently confirmed it to be the latter. Plus everyone else got bumped up when KC forfeited its 3rd for tampering with Maclin, NE* forfeited its 1st for Deflategate and Atlanta forfeited its 5th for piping in crowd noise (plus L.A. gave up its 5th for the sole selection of last years supplemental draft.)

The bad news is that our 4th round comp and 5th round picks are our ONLY ones between the end of the 3rd and our 6th round comp pick:

Our natural 4th went to Baltimore for their natural 5th (only a dozen spots lower, and we have comp pick in between the two) and Gradkowski.
Our natural 5th, last years 1st AND 5th and Man-Ram went to Detroit so we could move up just FIVE spots to get Ray last year.
Our natural 6th and next years went to SF for Davis and their 7th (21 spots after our 6th, though we have a comp pick between the two.)

Our top 4 picks need to really hit, more so since they're at the end of each round: After that all we have is a 4th round comp and early 5th before scraping the bottom of the barrel in the 7th (the difference between a 6th round comp and early 7th is negligible, only marginally better than our next pick: Mr. Irrelevant.)

artie_dale
03-11-2016, 03:00 PM
Not a comp pick, but the topic prompted me to doublecheck: Wikipedia no longer shows us trading Baltimore EITHER Detroits 5th (#144 overall) OR our natural one (#169 overall,) but has evidently confirmed it to be the latter. Plus everyone else got bumped up when KC forfeited its 3rd for tampering with Maclin, NE* forfeited its 1st for Deflategate and Atlanta forfeited its 5th for piping in crowd noise (plus L.A. gave up its 5th for the sole selection of last years supplemental draft.)

The bad news is that our 4th round comp and 5th round picks are our ONLY ones between the end of the 3rd and our 6th round comp pick:

Our natural 4th went to Baltimore for their natural 5th (only a dozen spots lower, and we have comp pick in between the two) and Gradkowski.
Our natural 5th, last years 1st AND 5th and Man-Ram went to Detroit so we could move up just FIVE spots to get Ray last year.
Our natural 6th and next years went to SF for Davis and their 7th (21 spots after our 6th, though we have a comp pick between the two.)

Our top 4 picks need to really hit, more so since they're at the end of each round: After that all we have is a 4th round comp and early 5th before scraping the bottom of the barrel in the 7th (the difference between a 6th round comp and early 7th is negligible, only marginally better than our next pick: Mr. Irrelevant.)

I think Joel is a cyborg or hooks up to his computer Matrix Style. I mean, how the hell else can he put together the extravagant posts (not context, content!.. (jk)) so damn quickly?!?!?!

MOtorboat
03-11-2016, 03:09 PM
I think Joel is a cyborg or hooks up to his computer Matrix Style. I mean, how the hell else can he put together the extravagant posts (not context, content!.. (jk)) so damn quickly?!?!?!

Some people can type pretty quickly. I choose not to write long posts very often because they are unreadable.

artie_dale
03-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Some people can type pretty quickly. I choose not to write long posts very often because they are unreadable.

I can type fast too. I'm just bustin Joel's chops.:D

Denver Native (Carol)
03-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Troy Renck Retweeted
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1h

A bit of sunshine in a gloomy offseason: #Broncos just got 3 comp picks for the 2016 draft. http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29626871/broncos-receive-three-compensatory-picks-2016-draft …

Troy Renck Retweeted
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2h

#Broncos got picks for losses of Orlando Franklin, Nate Irving, Terrance Knighton, Will Montgomery, Rahim Moore, Jacob Tamme, Julius Thomas.

NightTerror218
03-11-2016, 04:34 PM
Troy Renck Retweeted
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1h

A bit of sunshine in a gloomy offseason: #Broncos just got 3 comp picks for the 2016 draft. http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29626871/broncos-receive-three-compensatory-picks-2016-draft …

Troy Renck Retweeted
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2h

#Broncos got picks for losses of Orlando Franklin, Nate Irving, Terrance Knighton, Will Montgomery, Rahim Moore, Jacob Tamme, Julius Thomas.

We will get a lot after this offseason too

Denver Native (Carol)
03-11-2016, 05:35 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 1h

A Super Bowl winner with that kind of draft capital can do some work -- 10 picks, including compensatory 3rd rounder they got Friday

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 2h

Shaping up for #Broncos to give a long look in draft at QBs -- now have 10 picks, including four in first 3 rounds, five in first 4 rounds.

DenBronx
03-11-2016, 05:45 PM
Trade that junk away and go get a QB!

broncohead
03-11-2016, 05:52 PM

This is what I see happening. I'd like Goff or Wentz

dogfish
03-11-2016, 06:10 PM

they're probably going to. . .

NightTerror218
03-11-2016, 06:24 PM
This is what I see happening. I'd like Goff or Wentz

No chance on Wentz but if Goff falls past 49ers it is possible.

DenBronx
03-11-2016, 06:30 PM
they're probably going to. . .

I hope so, this offseason is getting frustrating.

DenBronx
03-11-2016, 06:32 PM
No chance on Wentz but if Goff falls past 49ers it is possible.

If Goff falls past SF, which probably won't happen, but if he does I believe Denver will take a hard look. Once guys fall into the mid teens, early 20s I think teams are more willing to trade.

Lancane
03-11-2016, 06:35 PM
I think they'll explore moving up for Wentz, if impossible then they'll wait for Top 10 to fall into place, then focus on Goff, Lynch or Cook.

TXBRONC
03-12-2016, 08:28 AM
I hope so, this offseason is getting frustrating.

Den, things could be a lot worse.