PDA

View Full Version : In JFE We Trust

BroncoJoe
03-09-2016, 05:40 PM
As hard as this free agency period has been so far, let's just take a deep breath and remember who is running this franchise.

In 2010 (after the 2010 season) John took over a 4-12 team. His drafts (contrary to what many say on here) have been pretty damn good. He brought PFM, drafted Von Miller, cultivated this team from the 2nd pick in the draft to Super Bowl champion.

I'm going to trust Elway and try not to go insane.

PS - **** you, Brock!

Maybe this should be in the lounge.

BroncoWave
03-09-2016, 05:42 PM
I'm not really that bent about free agency thus far to be honest. Seems like almost everyone has forgotten we just won a Super Bowl a little over a month ago. I'm still pretty freaking pumped about that. Elway will keep us competitive, I have no doubt.

MileHighCrew
03-09-2016, 05:43 PM
Elway is the GOAT at Life!!!! We will be ok

MOtorboat
03-09-2016, 05:43 PM
Testify.

slim
03-09-2016, 05:48 PM
Teams that "win" free agency almost always lose on the field.

G_Money
03-09-2016, 05:56 PM

The Dolphins didn't win after they added Suh? So weird...

artie_dale
03-09-2016, 06:07 PM
As hard as this free agency period has been so far, let's just take a deep breath and remember who is running this franchise.

In 2010 (after the 2010 season) John took over a 4-12 team. His drafts (contrary to what many say on here) have been pretty damn good. He brought PFM, drafted Von Miller, cultivated this team from the 2nd pick in the draft to Super Bowl champion.

PS - **** you, Brock!

Exactly!

Let's not forget where we have it good. We just won the SB. Elway has shown he can put a team together. Let these average-good guys go chase the money. They helped us all get the ring, now they gotta go do what professional hobby players do, go chase that doe. We'll be fine.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
03-09-2016, 06:08 PM
John Elway has always proven to be astute when it comes to running this franchise. I trust that he has a plan in mind and will mitigate the losses of those we've lost through shrewd signings once this initial frenzy wears off, from with-in and through the draft. He's given me no indication to think otherwise.

Nothing will take away from the euphoria I felt and still feel from winning the Super Bowl even with the disappointment of having a few big pieces leave.

Hopefully with all the hyperbole going around about our team being gutted, this just serves as more motivation for our boys to go out there with a chip on their shoulder again next season and shut everybody up once again.

artie_dale
03-09-2016, 06:09 PM
In case anyone forgot, Denver has won 3 Super Bowls in the last 20 seasons. What have the Raiders, Chargers, and Chiefs done for their fans lately???

NightTerror218
03-09-2016, 06:09 PM
I like Danny but he is easily replaced. Malik will be harder to replace and Oz even harder. But it can be done.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
03-09-2016, 06:11 PM

Going on what, 5 years now of the Jags taking that next step and realizing their potential after the big signings every off-season. Still waiting for it to come to fruition.

And Houston is where QB's go to die.

Seems like this free agency is following the typical script, agreed.

NightTerror218
03-09-2016, 06:20 PM
Going on what, 5 years now of the Jags taking that next step and realizing their potential after the big signings every off-season. Still waiting for it to come to fruition.

And Houston is where QB's go to die.

Seems like this free agency is following the typical script, agreed.

Jags have a good young offenses. Just nobody knows about it because defense is so bad.

BORDERLINE
03-09-2016, 06:20 PM
We just won the Super Bowl but "fans" on IG losing their minds and insulting the players. I'm a bit worried no doubt but that SB victory will satisfy me for a good while.

dogfish
03-09-2016, 06:21 PM

except when they sign demarcus ware, aqib talib and TJ ward. . .

:salute: :defense: :first:

Edmonton Bronco Fan
03-09-2016, 06:21 PM
Jags have a good young offenses. Just nobody knows about it because defense is so bad.

Not sure if that's going to change much this year, to be honest. But at least they have nowhere to go but up.

NightTerror218
03-09-2016, 06:22 PM
Not sure if that's going to change much this year, to be honest. But at least they have nowhere to go but up.

They are not the worst in the league anymore

slim
except when they sign demarcus ware, aqib talib and TJ ward. . .

:salute: :defense: :first:

#7 wins everything

Northman
I said it after we won the back to back SB's that i would be good for a while. Same can be said about this past year. Would love to repeat but its never easy but even if we dont win next year at least i can saw ive witnessed another championship before i die.

BroncoWave
03-09-2016, 06:23 PM
#7 wins everything

Elway wins with trade, he wins with the middle east, he wins with China. He's a winner. He has made the Broncos great again.

BroncoJoe
03-09-2016, 06:39 PM
Can't post a link because it was on the radio, but Elway just bashed Brock a bit.

"We only want people here that want to be part of the Broncos".

Lancane
03-09-2016, 06:49 PM
Can't post a link because it was on the radio, but Elway just bashed Brock a bit.

"We only want people here that want to be part of the Broncos".

Not really bashing, but I agree to a point, given all we're learning now...sounds as if the marriage would have been volatile and bad for the locker room. Still not optimistic about the direction of the offense, mainly due to lack of capable replacements.

slim
03-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Not really bashing, but I agree to a point, given all we're learning now...sounds as if the marriage would have been volatile and bad for the locker room. Still not optimistic about the direction of the offense, mainly due to lack of capable replacements.

They will run the ball and play defense. You can win a lot of games that way.

Timmy!
03-09-2016, 06:52 PM

I think we might have screwed up on CJ's tender.

Northman
03-09-2016, 06:54 PM

Especially with a very easy division.

slim
03-09-2016, 06:55 PM
I think we might have screwed up on CJ's tender.

We'll see how it plays out.

RBs aren't that hard to find.

tripp
03-09-2016, 07:04 PM
I think we now know what it's like to be the New England Patriots (without losing draft picks because we don't cheat). They lose tons of players in the FA all the time because they excel in Belichick's system, and they go somewhere else and turn out flat. Talib is a very good exception. They lose a lot of good players and in return they get picks back, and draft very well. Sort of like us as of late. We wouldn't of been so comfortable letting Danny Trevathan leaving if it wasn't for the fact that Front office feels good about the depth of LB's. I heard good things about Todd Davis, and Shaq Barrett.

BroncoJoe
03-09-2016, 07:06 PM
I think we now know what it's like to be the New England Patriots (without losing draft picks because we cheat). They lose tons of players in the FA all the time because they excel in Belichick's system, and they go somewhere else and turn out flat. Talib is a very good exception. They lose a lot of good players and in return they get picks back, and draft very well. Sort of like us as of late. We wouldn't of been so comfortable letting Danny Trevathan leaving if it wasn't for the fact that Front office feels good about the depth of LB's. I heard good things about Todd Davis, and Shaq Barrett.

I was thinking about this as well, then stopped myself in the comparison. Big difference is Brady is still there, and has been for a long time. That's a key difference to me.

tripp
03-09-2016, 07:13 PM
I was thinking about this as well, then stopped myself in the comparison. Big difference is Brady is still there, and has been for a long time. That's a key difference to me.

Yup, that's been the only common denominator the last 16+ years. Not one other player on that team has been there as long, or as crucial.

I also happen to believe Belichick has a good offensive system with Brady which matches his talents very well. Infact, I think a lot of QB's would thrive under Belichick. I have the same sort of faith with Kubiak and Elway. They'll figure it out, they know they don't need to spend big cash on a suspect QB when a mediocre one will do till they find their QB.

turftoad
03-09-2016, 07:24 PM
I posted this in the Oswiler thread but it probably deserves to be here more.

Elway: We want players who want to be here

Mike Klis of KUSA reports that the Broncos began thinking that Osweiler didn’t want to be part of the team when he stopped returning calls from teammates and coaches in the last couple of weeks
"We’ve stayed true to our philosophy of building a team with players who want to be Denver Broncos and want to be here. That’s been a successful approach for us,” Elway said. “While we did offer a very competitive and fair long-term contract to Brock, we ultimately had to remain disciplined while continuing to assemble a roster that can compete for championships.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nt-to-be-here/

tripp
03-09-2016, 07:25 PM

Mike Klis of KUSA reports that the Broncos began thinking that Osweiler didn’t want to be part of the team when he stopped returning calls from teammates and coaches in the last couple of weeks
"We’ve stayed true to our philosophy of building a team with players who want to be Denver Broncos and want to be here. That’s been a successful approach for us,” Elway said. “While we did offer a very competitive and fair long-term contract to Brock, we ultimately had to remain disciplined while continuing to assemble a roster that can compete for championships.”

I've always been impressed with the way Brock had conducted himself while he was in Denver, especially with the media. Seemed like he modeled himself after Peyton. Sounds like he was starting to show his age here a bit...

Shazam!
03-09-2016, 09:49 PM

PS - **** you, Brock!

A month after the Super Bowl, days after our Hall of Fame QB retires, we need self motivating threads to keep our chin up lol

This shows how spoiled rotten we are as fans.

I love this Organization.

G_Money
03-09-2016, 10:13 PM

Might as well draft our Brady this year then. We have plenty of picks.

Traveler
03-09-2016, 10:34 PM
Way too early to panic folks. Reminds me a little bit of free agency last year. People were frustrated by the lack of activity from the front office. Questions about the talent level of the FA offensive linemen brought in. Hope they get better at evaluating in this area.

But all in all, things worked out pretty well. Don't cha' think? Sit back, chill, and watch how they regroup. JE probably let his emotions get the best of him from his
statement earlier today. I look at it as a silver lining. He's now been challenged and we all know how well he responds when challenged. Sure would hate to be Houston when we they play them later this year.

FanInAZ
03-10-2016, 01:38 AM

Elway was initially denounced by many here as being a "cheap skate" because he wasn't going after the big name FAs, which is why I there was no way he'd sign Manning. However, its become clear that he’s committed to not over paying player. He only signs the best players who are willing to be paid what the Broncos’ brain trust believes they’re worth. That has resulted in him letting very popular players go, such as Julius Thomas & Elvis Doomerville.

So at this time, I’m not that concerned about who we lose at what positions because Elway has demonstrated year after year that he’ll probably make the right decision about who to bring in to replace them. Granted, our TEs are still lacking since Thomas left, but our DL was better than ever this past season. Looking at the FA QBs available right now, I don’t know how he’s going to get a decent one this year, but I know better than to bet against him.

DenBronx
03-10-2016, 02:32 AM
Look man, Elway is calm, cool and collected. He finds bargains in FA and he also hits when he does spend. His draft choices become role players, blue chip players and also superstars. He is a damn good GM ane he will find a way. We might not be back next year because we have lost alot of key players but he will keep stacking good offseason on top of good offseason.