PDA

View Full Version : Brock Osweiler signs with Houston

Pages : [1] 2 3

VonDoom
03-09-2016, 03:11 PM
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 3m3 minutes ago

I'm told QB Brock Osweiler has agreed to a deal in principle with the Houston #Texans.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 58s58 seconds ago

Brock Osweiler is signing with the Houston Texans, as @Rand_Getlin reported.

artie_dale
03-09-2016, 03:12 PM
Very well. I'm super excited to see who we end up with (even if it is Siemian).

BroncoWave
03-09-2016, 03:13 PM
BRB, getting my popcorn ready for this thread.

GEM
03-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Hope he fails miserably. :mad: ******* joy...it's Kaep and losing some shit to get his loser ass or Fitzpatrick who the Jets are probably going to sign back now.

WJK
03-09-2016, 03:14 PM
Brock "judas" osweiler

VonDoom
03-09-2016, 03:14 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 58s59 seconds ago

With Brock Osweiler off to Houston, RGIII is on Broncos' list of replacement quarterbacks, per source. Could be visiting Denver.

VonDoom
03-09-2016, 03:15 PM
We'll always have 2015, guys ...

GEM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 58s59 seconds ago

With Brock Osweiler off to Houston, RGIII is on Broncos' list of replacement quarterbacks, per source. Could be visiting Denver.

I think I'd rather take a ******* chainsaw to the vagina than see RG ****tard here.

chazoe60
That sux. I don't want any part of flat billed hat bad attitude bizaro Tebow (that's Kaepernick by the way).

Cugel
03-09-2016, 03:16 PM
Very well. I'm super excited to see who we end up with (even if it is Siemian).

I'm not. It won't be Siemian. Reportedly, the Broncos have not given much thought to Plan B.

Now they are in panic mode, caught with their pants down.

Siemian is a 7th round backup, with no experience at all, not a QB capable of leading a SB champion to another SB.

dogfish
03-09-2016, 03:18 PM
well son of a bitch!

Cugel
I think I'd rather take a ******* chainsaw to the vagina than see RG ****tard here.

I think you can relax. It does not look like Elway wants RGIII. Signing him would be a desperation move. They aren't that desperate yet. Rather, they will try and negotiate with Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Problem is, he'll want money close to what Brock got - closer to $16M a year with 2 years guaranteed.

VonDoom
If you want to make yourself feel a little better, look at this article that Barnwell posted a couple of weeks ago. In the Texans section, it shows Brock's first seven starts in comparison to Hoyer's. Hopefully he'll keep trending that way.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14777413/five-moves-colts-jags-titans-texans-make-offseason-nfl

GEM
03-09-2016, 03:19 PM
I think you can relax. It does not look like Elway wants RGIII. Signing him would be a desperation move. They aren't that desperate yet. Rather, they will try and negotiate with Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Problem is, he'll want money close to what Brock got - closer to $16M a year with 2 years guaranteed.

Jets will sign Fitzpatrick. Book it.

VonDoom
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago

The #Rams tendered QB Case Keenum at a 1st round level… with the #Broncos lurking.

dogfish
i wonder if dumbass realizes he's gonna have to play our D this coming year? i hope von miller rips his weaselly head clean off!

WJK
I hope we murder the Texans this year.

Cugel
This is the worst failure and screwup of Elway's career as a GM. He could have re-signed Osweiler to around a $5-6M contract prior to last year. You just don't let your QB hit FA, without a backup plan.

GEM
03-09-2016, 03:20 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago

The #Rams tendered QB Case Keenum at a 1st round level… with the #Broncos lurking.

We're lurking on Keenum...I need a gun and a bullet....pronto. :sigh:

Poet
I want to know what they paid him, because anything higher than 15 a year is a horrible deal. Denver is just going to end up signing Kaepernick or RG3, and in Kubiak's system they could both flourish. Or, let's be honest, Elway might try to trade up and grab a QB. The fact of the matter is that Brock is not a stud QB, and the likelihood of him becoming an elite player is marginal at best. This is what happens when a position is so important that guys like Brock are overvalued.

VonDoom
i wonder if dumbass realizes he's gonna have to play our D this coming year? i hope von miller rips his weaselly head clean off!

Oh, I can't wait for this to happen now.

chazoe60
What's the late night pizza situation in Houston? SR, please report.

GEM

That'll be pretty easy...Von will play qb. :rolleyes: :laugh:

WJK
03-09-2016, 03:21 PM
All aboard the Paxton Lynch train!

TXBRONC

Kubiak has history of getting helping quarterbacks to play better.

Tebowtime2011
I usually don't wish this on former broncos. But I hope this guy has a shitty career and gets benched for a rookie (whoever the Texans draft).

VonDoom
This is the worst failure and screwup of Elway's career as a GM. He could have re-signed Osweiler to around a $5-6M contract prior to last year. You just don't let your QB hit FA, without a backup plan.

You keep saying this as if it's true. You have no idea if he would have taken that deal, or if Elway would even have wanted to give an unknown that kind of deal. He hadn't played a game until this year. Plus, we were up against the cap last year - where was this mysterious money coming from?

Cugel
03-09-2016, 03:22 PM
Jets will sign Fitzpatrick. Book it.

Well, they haven't done it yet. They were offering in the $11-$12M range. He's 33 years old and they don't want to commit to him long-term.

Kaepernick is under contract.

BroncoWave
I'll have one Dak Prescott please.

VonDoom
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Too many teams make moves out of fear of unknown at QB. Bradford got overpaid out of fear. Say this for Elway/Kubiak: They have no fear.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos reached $16 million per year on Brock.. But weren't going to overpay.. Next move? Will likely look into Colin Kaepernick

Cugel
Well, GEM. HOLD onto your temper. Cause I was wrong! Wrong!

Adam Schefter Verified account
‏@AdamSchefter

GEM

We better have 3 qb's on the roster cause dude is made of glass.

VonDoom
03-09-2016, 03:23 PM
I'll have one Dak Prescott please.

He's not going to be ready to start this year, though, right? I wouldn't have a problem if we drafted him.

GEM
Well, they haven't done it yet. They were offering in the $11-$12M range. He's 33 years old and they don't want to commit to him long-term.

Kaepernick is under contract.

In that scenario, I'd rather have Fitzpatrick. **** giving up a 1st rounder for Kaep.

Dreadnought
I want to know what they paid him, because anything higher than 15 a year is a horrible deal. Denver is just going to end up signing Kaepernick or RG3, and in Kubiak's system they could both flourish. Or, let's be honest, Elway might try to trade up and grab a QB. The fact of the matter is that Brock is not a stud QB, and the likelihood of him becoming an elite player is marginal at best. This is what happens when a position is so important that guys like Brock are overvalued.

Those two are heinous. Beyond awful. Unwatchable. I will wear a black ******* armband if we land either of those worthless stiffs. Resign Christian Ponder fer crissakes. ANYTHING

Lancane
03-09-2016, 03:24 PM
You keep saying this as if it's true. You have no idea if he would have taken that deal, or if Elway would even have wanted to give an unknown that kind of deal. He hadn't played a game until this year. Plus, we were up against the cap last year - where was this mysterious money coming from?

They were in negotiations prior to the season to extend him, Sleet pulled out and here you are. It's relatively simple.

LTC Pain
We should get a 3rd round compensatory pick in next years' draft, right?

GEM
Well, GEM. HOLD onto your temper. Cause I was wrong! Wrong!

:dead:

BroncoWave
He's not going to be ready to start this year, though, right? I wouldn't have a problem if we drafted him.

Probably not, but he would be a great guy to groom while using kap or rg3 as a stop gap.

TXBRONC
03-09-2016, 03:25 PM

It wasn't that long ago you thought Osweiler was meh at best.

Poet
I just read that the Texans are giving him 17 a year...if he left Denver over a million to go to Houston that'd be interesting. I think he has beef with Denver.

MileHighCrew
Hey King any chance Cinncy wants to share one of their QB's???? PLEASE

dogfish
This is the worst failure and screwup of Elway's career as a GM.

bah! you have zero idea how this will play out-- ridiculously short-sighted comment. . .

chazoe60
If we trade our first for Kaepernick I will adopt 16 puppies and drown them all. Dammit Elway, these puppies lives are in your hands.

Cugel

What Osweiler is worth depends on how he does. If he turns into a top 10 QB then it's a steal. If he stays mediocre, they still probably win their division, so it's worth it. If he fails (unlikely) then it's not worth it.

There's no such thing as intrinsic "worth". They think they didn't have a QB and now they do. We'll see.

Tebowtime2011
03-09-2016, 03:26 PM
All aboard the Paxton Lynch train! I'm so over 6'7 quarterbacks with raw potential that need to start their career on the bench.

Timmy!
Can't blame the kid for taking (what we all assume) is big money, nor will I blame elway for not flinching on what we would pay him. It's a business. I thought for sure Oz would stay for around 16 mil. If he got 19+ holy shit. That will be twice as much as many people on this forum thought a month ago. Supply & demand 101.

Poet
bah! you have zero idea how this will play out-- ridiculously short-sighted comment. . .

If you end up with a Kaep or RG3 for under 15 a year it's at worst a lateral move on paper.

VonDoom
We should get a 3rd round compensatory pick in next years' draft, right?

Yep, same as Malik. We're rolling in picks but have no QB.

Dreadnought
Probably not, but he would be a great guy to groom while using kap or rg3 as a stop gap.

Kaep and RGIII will not be ready to start next year either. Or the year after that, and so on....

artie_dale
GEEZUS CHRIST, GEM! Love the passion... I think.

If Brock was butt sore for being benched against SD, is that the kind of person we want running our team??? He's gotta be pretty high on himself to think that he was invincible AND all that "team player" and "support" talk when it came to Peyton, this move is evidence that that was all just bullshit. I was never a fan of the guy who is very good at being PR/PC. Brock sounded like that every time so... I won't miss him.

TXBRONC
03-09-2016, 03:27 PM
We better have 3 qb's on the roster cause dude is made of glass.

I know.

dogfish
03-09-2016, 03:28 PM
Those two are heinous. Beyond awful. Unwatchable. I will wear a black ******* armband if we land either of those worthless stiffs. Resign Christian Ponder fer crissakes. ANYTHING

oh, stop. . . :laugh:

you lived through plummer (painful as it was, i know), and both of those guys are just more talented versions of the snake. . .

VonDoom
03-09-2016, 03:28 PM
If we trade our first for Kaepernick I will adopt 16 puppies and drown them all. Dammit Elway, these puppies lives are in your hands.

Where are people hearing this? Elway might want Kaep (just a rumor so far) but I see no way he's giving up our first rounder for him.

tripp
03-09-2016, 03:29 PM
So we've lost Oz, Jackson, and soon to be Trevathan.

Brock to Houston comes as a shock almost as much Cutler trade to Chicago. That stung like a bitch, especially to find out Kyle Orton is your new starting QB. I never had been so annoyed, and tested my faith in an organization back in 09'. Man, is there anyway we come out as a better team next year now? Any chance?

VonDoom
03-09-2016, 03:30 PM
Terrance Knighton ‏@MisterRoast98 4m4 minutes ago

Damn. I didn't think Brock would leave that defense

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

Teammates have heard Osweiler got four year deal from Texans with serious guarantee in money..

VonDoom
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 29s29 seconds ago

Texans are giving Brock Osweiler a 4-year, $72 million deal, per source.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 38s39 seconds ago

Hearing from his former teammates that Brock got $37 million guaranteed from Houston on a four-year deal. Developing story obviously

GEM
GEEZUS CHRIST, GEM! Love the passion... I think.

If Brock was butt sore for being benched against SD, is that the kind of person we want running our team??? He's gotta be pretty high on himself to think that he was invincible AND all that "team player" and "support" talk when it came to Peyton, this move is evidence that that was all just bullshit. I was never a fan of the guy who is very good at being PR/PC. Brock sounded like that every time so... I won't miss him.

I ******* hate that giraffe. HATE him. I wish that beastly chic would have kicked his ass outside that pizza joint.

Lancane
03-09-2016, 03:31 PM
Well, Elway better have a legit answer...this is a tough @$$ fan base when it comes to quarterbacks!

VonDoom
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

I am told #Broncos offer was north of $16 million, $30 plus guaranteed.. Clear Brock wanted a fresh start.

Dreadnought
oh, stop. . . :laugh:

you lived through plummer (painful as it was, i know), and both of those guys are just more talented versions of the snake. . .

I LOATHED Plummer, his lazy work habits, and his sloppy slap-dash brain-dead play. The day he got benched was one of my happiest days as a fan. Signing RGIII or Kaep would rank with McDaniels

I want a conventional, pocket passing, drop back, NFL style QB. I don't want anything but. He may take a few years to develop, I'm fine with that. I think a repeat is now out of the question. I am fine with that too.

GEM
03-09-2016, 03:32 PM
Terrance Knighton ‏@MisterRoast98 4m4 minutes ago

Damn. I didn't think Brock would leave that defense

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

Teammates have heard Osweiler got four year deal from Texans with serious guarantee in money..

Pot Roast...is that your name? Go find a job, Pot Roast. :eviltongue:

NightTerror218
03-09-2016, 03:33 PM
Elway will draft a QB now, no question.

Cugel
03-09-2016, 03:33 PM
It wasn't that long ago you thought Osweiler was meh at best.

He might very well be MEH. I don't deny that! I do NOT think he's a top 10 QB or will become a top 10 QB in the next 2 or 3 years.

BUT, what is the alternative? Elway screwed up because he could have paid this guy $5M or so last year, maybe $6M this year with an option for 2017. He would very probably have signed it because he was earning $1M a year last year. And there was no plan to play him at all in 2015, unless Peyton got hurt.

And if he did play a few games, there was no guarantee he'd do great and get a big offer.

Elway simply did not plan for this possibility. He underestimated the market. Then he desperately tried to negotiate a deal with Brock after he became a FA.

And as could easily be predicted, some other team outbid him. It apparently wasn't even close.

And that is a horrible screw up.

I think it's unlikely the Broncos will make a serious run for another SB this season because every other QB prospect they might sign is worse than Osweiler!

Let's not pretend Elway doesn't deserve serious criticism over this screwup!

Adam Schefter Verified account
‏@AdamSchefter

Texans are giving Brock Osweiler a 4-year, $72 million deal, per source.

Holy shit! That's $37M guaranteed! Broncos were offering $13M guaranteed.

VonDoom
03-09-2016, 03:34 PM
Holy shit! That's $37M guaranteed! Broncos were offering $13M guaranteed.

Not according to Renck - we were up to $30 million guaranteed, at $16 per. He took $37 guaranteed, $18 per.

GEM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

I am told #Broncos offer was north of $16 million, $30 plus guaranteed.. Clear Brock wanted a fresh start.

Fresh start....you'll get one, buddy. You'll be out of the league in a couple years because Texans are the place QB's go to fade into obscurity. How's that for a fresh start? ,,!,,

VonDoom
Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR 8m8 minutes ago

#49ers source reiterated that the team has no interest in trading QB Colin Kaepernick despite reported interest from #Broncos.

NightTerror218
03-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Time for a stop gap QB for a year while a rookie learns the ropes.

Lancane
03-09-2016, 03:36 PM
Not originally VD, they was their second offer after hearing that the Texans were serious.

artie_dale
Well, Elway better have a legit answer...this is a tough @$$ fan base when it comes to quarterbacks!

I will be fine with whoever we get. The bottom line for me is, if it is RGIII, Kaepernick, or even Siemian, they are all young enough that they are still growing. Yes, I agree that RGIII & Kaep are head cases. I hope a year on the bench for RGIII made him humble. I wouldn't be surprised if Kaep still has a sense of entitlement, which is a turn off for me.

dogfish
If you end up with a Kaep or RG3 for under 15 a year it's at worst a lateral move on paper.

or maybe now's the time for us to invest in a legit QB of the future. . . speaking of which. . .

Yep, same as Malik. We're rolling in picks but have no QB.

true-- but at least all those picks will give us ammo to acquire a QB. . . with all those extra picks coming in next year (and probably any extra 3rd and 4th this year, as well), we can afford to make any move we want, short of jumping into the top ten. . . if we want to flip a pick for a vet like kaep, we have plenty to spare. . . or the juice to move up for lynch if he falls into our range, and we like him. . . hell. . . NOT that i would, but we could theoretically even give up next year's first if we had to. . . it won't come to that, but at least we do have some options. . .

given the contributions we got from our QBs this year, it won't take much to match or exceed it. . . we will need to spend some assets to upgrade the OL and re-stock the front seven, though. . . JFE's job just got tougher, for sure. . . but there's no one i'd rather have making the calls. . . he'll make it work. . .

:defense:

VonDoom
03-09-2016, 03:37 PM
Not originally VD, they was their second offer after hearing that the Texans were serious.

Either way, that was an offer on the table, according to reports. He took more money and his "fresh start"

NightTerror218
RG3 will prob be our QB on a team friendly deal plus a new rookie.

VonDoom
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m1 minute ago

There's a new candidate to travel to Denver for opening night: The Texans.

MasterShake
Well, this league will cut your ass the first chance it gets so I guess it makes sense to get your money while you can. Honestly I'm happy Brock got we he could and the Broncos didn't take any chances on overpaying him. No hard feelings but I hope the Texans suck next year, but I don't have vitriol towards Brock like I did Cutler.

Honestly I like him but I wasn't sold. He wasn't benched for bad play in the San Diego game but rather for not getting his team focused. Now comes the balancing act of keeping this elite defense together and getting a QB in here that can do just enough to win games. Personally I think this is exciting! For all we know Brock was like a good trailer for a bad movie... we shall see.

Cugel
03-09-2016, 03:38 PM
Can't blame the kid for taking (what we all assume) is big money, nor will I blame elway for not flinching on what we would pay him. It's a business. I thought for sure Oz would stay for around 16 mil. If he got 19+ holy shit. That will be twice as much as many people on this forum thought a month ago. Supply & demand 101.

Broncos offered 3 years, $16M a year, $30M guaranteed.

Texans offered 4 years, $18M a year, $37M guaranteed.

Sandy Clough - Osweiler was spitting mad at being benched at Kubiak. He got his revenge today.

GEM
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m1 minute ago

There's a new candidate to travel to Denver for opening night: The Texans.

I hope Von rips his head off like a lion taking out a giraffe.

artie_dale
I ******* hate that giraffe. HATE him. I wish that beastly chic would have kicked his ass outside that pizza joint.

"Loyalty." Loyalty is very low on my important character traits. Maybe that is why I don't mind these guys moving on.

Cugel
03-09-2016, 03:40 PM
Sandy Clough -

1. 49ers won't trade Colin Kaepernick - at least unless some team offers multiple picks. 1st & 2nd round picks.

2. RGIII - is coming to Denver for a look.

3. Brock Osweiler didn't feel he was a good fit in this offense.

GEM

Sandy Clough - Osweiler was spitting mad at being benched at Kubiak. He got his revenge today.

He didn't get revenge. He got a few more million than he would have gotten here to go to a team that kills every qb it's ever had. He'll be living in a beach front property in 2 years wishing he was still in the league.

VonDoom
James Palmer ‏@JamesPalmerTV 14m14 minutes ago

I'm told Osweiler was "very distant" during negotiations. showed Broncos he didn't want to come back. Elway refused to play top 10 QB money.

Davii

THIS is my favorite quote EVER!!!!!!!!

MileHighCrew
03-09-2016, 03:41 PM
Call the Bengals and see what they want for AJ Mccarran. He played great for the Bengals in relief last year and Dalton is still young. They are in win now mode so might be about to work something out... IDK crappy day

Lancane
03-09-2016, 03:42 PM
I will be fine with whoever we get. The bottom line for me is, if it is RGIII, Kaepernick, or even Siemian, they are all young enough that they are still growing. Yes, I agree that RGIII & Kaep are head cases. I hope a year on the bench for RGIII made him humble. I wouldn't be surprised if Kaep still has a sense of entitlement, which is a turn off for me.

Sorry Artie, I disagree. Elway lowballed Osweiler and it backfired. Now our options are RGIII who got beat out by Kirk Cousins and Colt McCoy, Fitzpatrick or trading a 1st round pick for a scrub. If you're excited, well I am glad someone is....

silkamilkamonico
LMAO at stupid Denver fans mad at Brock for not taking less money. Be mad at Denver for not offering more.

GEM
"Loyalty." Loyalty is very low on my important character traits. Maybe that is why I don't mind these guys moving on.

Malik was a hit to me because he was talented. His loss WILL hurt this team. My anger yesterday was aggravation of losing talent. I don't hate him, just won't follow him.

Oz...spineless little twit, I hate him. I hope he has the worst career of any Texans QB ever...and that will be pretty hard because they've had some terrible qb's. I hope he fails and this is his only contract ever. HATE!!!! **** him!

Hardwired

Yeah, I almost spit Monster all over my monitor. That was great. I think GEM is steamed.

G_Money
Brock was better than nothing. Now we'll just have to find something better than Brock. That bar isn't exactly Prime Manning high. John drafted him and had him in camp for years and didn't want to pay outrageous sums to turn the offense over to him. Siemian had a better first camp than Brock's third. *shrugs* I'm not all that worried about it. Makes it hard for us to repeat, but that was gonna be tough anyway.

Just go get the right guy for the future. It's not Brock now, but I wasn't sold that it was ever gonna be Brock. Now he won't be around to keep us as a decent team while the heir gets ready - but chair-warmer is a position a number of players can fill.

Let's see what we got.

Mike
I'm glad Denver isn't locked into that contract. Good luck Houston and Brock.

MasterShake
03-09-2016, 03:43 PM

Well then he should have led his team better so they didn't make mistakes. There was an interview with one of the players about that game and they said as soon as Manning got in the huddle "things got real". When Brock can LEAD a team like a starter then he should get starter type money.

silkamilkamonico
Sorry Artie, I disagree. Elway lowballed Osweiler and it backfired. Now out option is RGIII who got beat out by Kirk Cousins and Colt McCoy, Fitzpatrick or trading a 1st round pick for a scrub. If you're excited, well I am glad someone is....

Brock Osweiler is a marginal one read QB. He'll be easily replaced and Kubiak can actually get a QB that will fit his system.

GEM
LMAO at stupid Denver fans mad at Brock for not taking less money. Be mad at Denver for not offering more.

Yea....I'm going to be mad at my team for not paying a guy who has started 28 games his whole college career and NFL career $18 mil/yr. Makes sense. :laugh: **** him.

artie_dale
03-09-2016, 03:44 PM
Malik was a hit to me because he was talented. His loss WILL hurt this team. My anger yesterday was aggravation of losing talent. I don't hate him, just won't follow him.

Oz...spineless little twit, I hate him. I hope he has the worst career of any Texans QB ever...and that will be pretty hard because they've had some terrible qb's. I hope he fails and this is his only contract ever. HATE!!!! **** him!

I hope Brock finds the same success that every backup QB to Peyton has found in their NFL careers. ;)

Davii
I'm extremely disappointed. I believe James Palmer's quote above about Brock not wanting to be here and I don't think he had any intention of being here. I think he was pissed that he got sat down in San Diego and didn't get to go in for the playoffs/Super Bowl and made up his mind way back then that all Denver was at that point was a way to drive up his price.

**** him. I don't think we would've won the Super Bowl with him, hell I don't think we would've gotten the 1 seed if Peyton didn't go in that game. In John We Trust... Find us the next guy John.

Valar Morghulis
Sorry Artie, I disagree. Elway lowballed Osweiler and it backfired. Now out option is RGIII who got beat out by Kirk Cousins and Colt McCoy, Fitzpatrick or trading a 1st round pick for a scrub. If you're excited, well I am glad someone is....

I'm with artie, if we sign Griffin, I am all in on that

Excited to see what moves the duke makes next

VonDoom
Chris Harris ‏@ChrisHarrisJr 23s23 seconds ago

Shocked I thought Brock wanted to play with us lol

ChairmanBron
03-09-2016, 03:45 PM
Call the Bengals and see what they want for AJ Mccarran. He played great for the Bengals in relief last year and Dalton is still young. They are in win now mode so might be about to work something out... IDK crappy day

^^^^This

silkamilkamonico
03-09-2016, 03:45 PM
Yea....I'm going to be mad at my team for not paying a guy who has started 28 games his whole college career and NFL career $18 mil/yr. Makes sense. :laugh: **** him.

LMAO But you're going to be mad at a guy taking significantly more money someplace else. . Yea...great logic on that one.

VonDoom
03-09-2016, 03:46 PM
Jason_OTC ‏@Jason_OTC 3m3 minutes ago

Oh texans. Desperation at its worst with those numbers for brock. Hopefully works out better than Hoyer and mallet

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 1m1 minute ago

If I’m Elway, I try to trade a 2 and a 4 to Cincinnati for A.J. McCarron.

Lancane
Hope to God at this point we trade up for Paxton Lynch.

Valar Morghulis
Maybe Peyton will come out of retirement... Or maybe champ Bailey

Ravage!!!

Bullshit it is.

Mike
I'm with artie, if we sign Griffin, I am all in on that

Excited to see what moves the duke makes next

I just can't see the Broncos going with Griffin given his history with Shanahan.

artie_dale
03-09-2016, 03:47 PM
Sorry Artie, I disagree. Elway lowballed Osweiler and it backfired. Now our options are RGIII who got beat out by Kirk Cousins and Colt McCoy, Fitzpatrick or trading a 1st round pick for a scrub. If you're excited, well I am glad someone is....

I don't think he lowballed Brock at all. I think he gave him honest value, which is not what other teams would do. Elway wasn't going to give Brock anything remotely close to what Houston gave him. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised of Elway wasn't sold on Brock to begin with (Brock get upset for being benched? or was Elway disappointed Brock couldn't play a complete game?).

silkamilkamonico
I honestly can't believe people are this mad. We lost an average QB and don't overpay to be tied to him.

Ravage!!!
We won't go after Fitz because he has the same agent. No way Elway signs a guy with the same agent after not getting this deal done.

MasterShake

Oh texans. Desperation at its worst with those numbers for brock. Hopefully works out better than Hoyer and mallet

I'm digging the McCarron idea so far the most! Dude played with a chip on his shoulder against us, almost made it look easy against an elite defense for a half.

pnbronco
Wow...I'm surprised. I'm just glad we didn't overpay him. I can't get that SD game out of my head. His energy was bad and I didn't see the leadership to get the guys back to on the same page to pull it together. I think he will not look that great in Houston, but I could be wrong.

I've liked what I saw of Firzpatrick this year with the Jets, so I can hope. I really hope they find a way to keep Danny Trevathan now because I think he is a much better leader that Oz.... Has anyone heard if they are finding a way to restructure Ware's contract? He was the best or 2nd best leader on this year's team....I am shocked....bye Oz.

iLands
The worst part about this is if we do roll with Simian, we could have kept Malik.

I want to roll with Trevor. We get to bank ALL of Peyton's and Brock's salary. We can front-load Von's contract. We can resign key pieces. I love the flexibility to keep this TEAM and even build it more.
Edit: Damnit, just realized I need to change my adopted bronco. My adoption did wonders for Malik.

silkamilkamonico
Hope to God at this point we trade up for Paxton Lynch.

Hell no. Paxton Lynch is going to be garbage.

GEM
03-09-2016, 03:48 PM
Chris Harris ‏@ChrisHarrisJr 23s23 seconds ago

Shocked I thought Brock wanted to play with us lol

He can't hang with the No Fly Zone....but he's gonna learn what they're all about...and this time he won't be wearing a red jersey! All bets off. He's got a target on his back. :D

Cugel
Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post

Why should he be loyal to the Broncos? They paid him $1M a year and made him play out his contract.

Then they desperately increased their offer to him, repeatedly in the last day. Then the predictable happened. Some other team offered $7M more money and he took it.

So would you. $7M is $7M. That ain't chump change. He's getting $18M a year.

That's the #13th highest paid QB in football. He's getting more than Andrew Luck, Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers, Andy Dalton, Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, and about equal to Jay Cutler!

Seriously, he's started 7 games and is getting paid more than QBs who have won 6 Super Bowls between them. Guys who have played in the league for 10 years, won multiple playoff games.

Of course he took the money. He'd be totally insane not to.

Ravage!!!
I honestly can't believe people are this mad. We lost an average QB and don't overpay to be tied to him.

You don't know his skill level. DOn't act like you do.

ChairmanBron
Well at least we don't have the huge contracts future concerns that Brock, and Malik are getting.

tripp
We'll need a day or two to calm down from this year, but we will... and once we do, I think we'll all realize it isn't the end of the world. We'll be fine with whomever Elway and Kubiak decide on.

MileHighCrew

Is Peter King reading my posts here????? lol

silkamilkamonico
The worst part about this is if we do roll with Simian, we could have kept Malik.
Edit: Damnit, just realized I need to change my adopted bronco. My adoption did wonders for Malik.

For the contract he signed with Jacksonville? Hell no.

Cugel
03-09-2016, 03:49 PM
Hell no. Paxton Lynch is going to be garbage.

Don't worry. He won't be available at #31 anyway. He'll go in the top 15 picks.

chazoe60
Brock couldn't pass up all that extra money. Can't blame him and can't blame Elway for not overpaying.

In terms of replacement I much prefer RG3 over Kaep but would love a good rookie (Lynch etc.). This makes the off season a lot more interesting.

GEM

I could give two shits about actually losing him, I'm pissed at who is available to replace him. So with that....that's why I'm pissed at him.

silkamilkamonico
03-09-2016, 03:50 PM
You don't know his skill level. DOn't act like you do.

Which is why you don't give the guy $37 million guaranteed. Good for Brock for getting his. Good for Houston for getting theirs. Good for Denver for not having to break the bank on someone they didn't feel was worth it.

tubby
I just read that the Texans are giving him 17 a year...if he left Denver over a million to go to Houston that'd be interesting. I think he has beef with Denver.

Manning shadow, Elway town, he's going to get his chance to be the man in HOU.

NightTerror218
A lot of chatter that Brock is still pissed he was benched. I Still do no think SD game was his fault for all TO. Nobody was helping him out.

That move probably ruined it for him.

Offense was better with him there. Manning provided a spark in that SD.

GEM
Wow...I'm surprised. I'm just glad we didn't overpay him. I can't get that SD game out of my head. His energy was bad and I didn't see the leadership to get the guys back to on the same page to pull it together. I think he will not look that great in Houston, but I could be wrong.

I've liked what I saw of Firzpatrick this year with the Jets, so I can hope. I really hope they find a way to keep Danny Trevathan now because I think he is a much better leader that Oz.... Has anyone heard if they are finding a way to restructure Ware's contract? He was the best or 2nd best leader on this year's team....I am shocked....bye Oz.

They said on the Fan last night that they are in discussions with Clady and Ware.

silkamilkamonico
Don't worry. He won't be available at #31 anyway. He'll go in the top 15 picks.

Thank god. His play against a good defense in Auburn was just brutal and his antics on the sideline when he was struggling was just telling.

dogfish
03-09-2016, 03:51 PM
I want a conventional, pocket passing, drop back, NFL style QB. I don't want anything but.

:lol:

dread, i love ya, bud! however, i suspect that what you want and what JFE wants may not be the same, if you're dead set on having a guy who can't move at all. . . besides, somebody has to be the stopgap-- i certainly don't think we'll have the opportunity to draft a guy who is ready to start day one. . . and there is no way john's going to just fold on his title defense. . . also, if you think fitzpatrick isn't a horrible bonehead in his own right, you haven't watched him much. . . he's a BIG fan of the old plummer "huck it up for grabs rather than take a sack" move. . . i do think orton is available, though. . . bringing him back would almost be worth it, just to see chazzy swallow his own tongue in rage. . .

Pot Roast...is that your name? Go find a job, Pot Roast. :eviltongue:

he was on NFLN last night, and he still seems genuinely bummed that he wasn't able to stay here. . .

Cugel
We'll need a day or two to calm down from this year, but we will... and once we do, I think we'll all realize it isn't the end of the world. We'll be fine with whomever Elway and Kubiak decide on.

I don't think Elway made a mistake in refusing to offer Osweiler $18M a year, $37M guaranteed (probably 3 year guarantee).

He made a mistake in not re-negotiating Brock LAST year when he had the chance!

TXBRONC
Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR 8m8 minutes ago

#49ers source reiterated that the team has no interest in trading QB Colin Kaepernick despite reported interest from #Broncos.

That's fine by me. I wouldn't want to give up draft picks to bring him to Denver.

G_Money

And we would have been pretty insane to actually pay it to him. They offered him money he couldn't refuse, and we... well, we refused. Now he gets to lead a team without any significant history to live up to and we get to find a QB who can actually add more chapters to our legacy. S'okay with me.

tripp
Elway inherited this team with Tim Tebow and Kyle Orton as our QB's. If you guys think Elway can't bounce our team back from losing a couple of players, then you've been missing during 2011 - 2012 season.

GEM
03-09-2016, 03:52 PM
Why should he be loyal to the Broncos? They paid him $1M a year and made him play out his contract.

Then they desperately increased their offer to him, repeatedly in the last day. Then the predictable happened. Some other team offered $7M more money and he took it.

So would you. $7M is $7M. That ain't chump change. He's getting $18M a year.

That's the #13th highest paid QB in football. He's getting more than Andrew Luck, Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers, Andy Dalton, Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, and about equal to Jay Cutler!

Seriously, he's started 7 games and is getting paid more than QBs who have won 6 Super Bowls between them. Guys who have played in the league for 10 years, won multiple playoff games.

And he'll probably not see a 2nd contract where with the Broncos he very likely would have. He's going to the Texans, they'll destroy his career just like they have all of they other QB's that have played for them.

LawDog
03-09-2016, 03:52 PM
Bye Felicia. No way you're worth 18/yr at this point in your career.

silkamilkamonico
03-09-2016, 03:53 PM
Elway inherited this team with Tim Tebow and Kyle Orton as our QB's. If you guys think Elway can't bounce our team back from losing a couple of players, then you've been missing during 2011 - 2012 season.

Stop bringing reason into this thread.

Poet

System QB's are a thing. And paying them less money overall to be a stopgap is also good.

pnbronco

Thanks Von for this....I was thinking the same thing about being desperate.....they let the coach go that won a SB in his first year that was beyond tough. Now they've signed a player that the Bronco's wouldn't go all in with for some reason.....hmmmm Is their coach a branch off the Belichick tree.....makes me wonder???

tripp
I don't think Elway made a mistake in refusing to offer Osweiler $18M a year, $37M guaranteed (probably 3 year guarantee).

He made a mistake in not re-negotiating Brock LAST year when he had the chance!

Last year Elway didn't even see Brock play a legitimate NFL game, so what was he going to offer? I don't blame Elway in the slightest for not offering Brock a new contract. Had no clue of Manning's future, had no clue of the FA market if Brock decided to walk, etc. Too many IF's.

Lancane
03-09-2016, 03:54 PM

Most quarterbacks available are going to be average or utter disasters, that is why I am pissed. It was never about Brock, it's about the state of this team. Yeah, I am glad Elway didn't break bank on him, but RGIII or worse, that is not a positive move in any direction...Elway knew it and upped their offer, but it still wasn't good enough.

tripp
Stop bringing reason into this thread.

Right, right.. **** YOU BROCK!!!

GEM

dread, i love ya, bud! however, i suspect that what you want and what JFE wants may not be the same, if you're dead set on having a guy who can't move at all. . . besides, somebody has to be the stopgap-- i certainly don't think we'll have the opportunity to draft a guy who is ready to start day one. . . and there is no way john's going to just fold on his title defense. . . also, if you think fitzpatrick isn't a horrible bonehead in his own right, you haven't watched him much. . . he's a BIG fan of the old plummer "huck it up for grabs rather than take a sack" move. . . i do think orton is available, though. . . bringing him back would almost be worth it, just to see chazzy swallow his own tongue in rage. . .

he was on NFLN last night, and he still seems genuinely bummed that he wasn't able to stay here. . .

Well, he needed to stop eating. :laugh:

BigDaddyBronco

Somewhere that poster named Chainsaw woke up suddenly from a nap. "Wait, whut?"

Mike
03-09-2016, 03:55 PM
A lot of chatter that Brock is still pissed he was benched. I Still do no think SD game was his fault for all TO. Nobody was helping him out.

That move probably ruined it for him.

Offense was better with him there. Manning provided a spark in that SD.

I don't think Denver beats SD with him.

Overall, the offense was about the same with him as with Manning in regards to passing. He made passes that Manning couldn't make, but about the same amount of drives ended in 3 and outs or no points. The big difference was the revitalization of the run game. But his numbers went down by the quarter in most games. I really think that Denver can match his production with a stop-gap and maybe even Simien.

Northman
I pretty much knew this 2 days ago. Way over paid for just 7 games but good luck to him, he will have a lot to prove there.

Poet
What Osweiler is worth depends on how he does. If he turns into a top 10 QB then it's a steal. If he stays mediocre, they still probably win their division, so it's worth it. If he fails (unlikely) then it's not worth it.

There's no such thing as intrinsic "worth". They think they didn't have a QB and now they do. We'll see.

Right now they just paid a guy upwards of 18 million to be their starting QB. Brock hasn't really done a lot. They're paying him on potential, out of desperation. Even if it works out it still isn't the smartest move.

Ravage!!!

Manning's don't just hit FA though. That was once in lifetime opportunity.

Let's actually be realistic and look at the teams that have lost HoF QBs and see their history afterwards. LOOK where we were headed had we NOT gotten absolutely, incredibly, and amazingly lucky with Manning. We would have had Tebow as our QB.

So lets just realize that we are going to havee some LEAN years behind center for a while.

Jsteve01
03-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Dog unless the compensatory picks become tradeable we dont gain much ammo for s move up.

Ravage!!!
03-09-2016, 03:56 PM
I'm absolutely dumbfounded as to whypeople think Simien is the answer.

Poet
03-09-2016, 03:57 PM

Let's actually be realistic and look at the teams that have lost HoF QBs and see their history afterwards. LOOK where we were headed had we NOT gotten absolutely, incredibly, and amazingly lucky with Manning. We would have had Tebow as our QB.

So lets just realize that we are going to havee some LEAN years behind center for a while.

Blessed teams go from Manning to Luck, or Montana to Young.

tripp
Most quarterbacks available are going to be average or utter disasters, that is why I am pissed. It was never about Brock, it's about the state of this team. Yeah, I am glad Elway didn't break bank on him, but RGIII or worse, that is not a positive move in any direction...Elway knew it and upped their offer, but it still wasn't good enough.

If you can bring in RG3 at a cheaper price, you will know that: RG3 has played more than 7 games in the NFL, has taken his team to the playoffs in a offense similar to ours, and has the potential to do it again if he can remain healthy.

What we don't know about RG3 is the state of his health, and where his head is at. Both huge concerns. But if we look back at the QB play of our team last year, it was damn near abysmal at times. Half the time I thought you could literally plug in any QB to run this team and we wouldn't be worse off.

I'm going to remain optimistic here, and if we do sign RG3, I'll be optimistic. He needs to be coached better than he was in Washington.

silkamilkamonico

It was just a situation that Denver felt like they couldn't compete with other offers. I don't think, because of the state of the team, that you mortgage the next few years of arguably your biggest position by paying that much money to someone you felt wasn't worth it. Things will work out here. We just won the SuperBowl with arguably the worst QB play you could possibly have.

Ravage!!!
03-09-2016, 03:58 PM
Last year Elway didn't even see Brock play a legitimate NFL game, so what was he going to offer? I don't blame Elway in the slightest for not offering Brock a new contract. Had no clue of Manning's future, had no clue of the FA market if Brock decided to walk, etc. Too many IF's.

Last year Cugal was telling us that Elway "proved" he didn't want Brock because he didn't offer him a contract. Telling us how awful Oz was. Now, Elway made a huge mistake.

Dreadnought
03-09-2016, 03:58 PM

I watched all 16 Jets games, Dog. Yes, I know Fitz has brain-dead moments. And, you're reading me wrong if you think I want the second coming of Craig Morton operating with our O-line. Some mobility is a must. So is the ability to operate from under center, read a defense - and I mean the whole defense, not just half the field - and to provide leadership.

I think Kaep's history shows he is a certifiable bonehead. He has also had recent (increasing) failure, and it seems to have gotten into his head. I think RGIII's history with Washington shows he couldn't lead a two man drunk. Whatever the exact opposite of leadership ability is, that is what he has. Throw in that he is small and brittle...Good Lord, no.

Cugel
03-09-2016, 03:59 PM

You just made my point. LAST year before he had a single NFL start he's only worth backup QB money - $5-$6M a year, no more.

And if Peyton played this entire year and stayed healthy? Brock would never have gotten on the field. So, he'd STILL be worth $5-$6M a year. Maybe $12M guaranteed.

It was when he started 7 games that his value shot up.

But, Elway should have locked him up LAST year and then they'd be paying him $6M this year, and they'd be able to see what he's worth at the end of it, BEFORE making a big commitment to him.

The screw up was in letting him become a FA in the first place, then wildly overbidding in a desperate attempt to keep Brock, then failing miserably.

Mike
I'm absolutely dumbfounded as to whypeople think Simien is the answer.

I'm not sure he is the answer. I liked his poise and delivery in the preseason. He may need more time, but I liked more in his first preseason than I did out of any of Brock's preseasons. It may not pan out, but I still thought he had a higher upside than Brock after seeing him play a little.

Ravage!!!
If you can bring in RG3 at a cheaper price, you will know that: RG3 has played more than 7 games in the NFL, has taken his team to the playoffs in a offense similar to ours, and has the potential to do it again if he can remain healthy.

What we don't know about RG3 is the state of his health, and where his head is at. Both huge concerns. But if we look back at the QB play of our team last year, it was damn near abysmal at times. Half the time I thought you could literally plug in any QB to run this team and we wouldn't be worse off.

I'm going to remain optimistic here, and if we do sign RG3, I'll be optimistic. He needs to be coached better than he was in Washington.

We know his attitude sucks ass, and we know he can't read a defense. We know he's not good, and we know that he won't take responsibility for his poor play and blame the players around him. You forgot those things.

tripp
03-09-2016, 04:00 PM

We had a LEAN year last year behind center, and that's when we actually won the SB. It wasn't when Peyton Manning was playing like a kid on Madden '16 on easy mode.

Elway's objective was to keep the defense intact right? We lost Malik, and Trevathan and probably Bruton. We took a hit, but nothing he can't repair. As long as the core of this defense is intact we'll be fine.

Poet
03-09-2016, 04:01 PM
I watched all 16 Jets games, Dog. Yes, I know Fitz has brain-dead moments. And, you're reading me wrong if you think I want the second coming of Craig Morton operating with our O-line. Some mobility is a must. So is the ability to operate from under center, read a defense - and I mean the whole defense, not just half the field - and to provide leadership.

I think Kaep's history shows he is a certifiable bonehead. He has also had recent (increasing) failure, and it seems to have gotten into his head. I think RGIII's history with Washington shows he couldn't lead a two man drunk. Whatever the exact opposite of leadership ability is, that is what he has. Throw in that he is small and brittle...Good Lord, no.

Kaepernick has a pretty low turnover margin for most of his career. RG3 might need to grow up, but people can change. The injury history is a very fair point, but then again, you wouldn't be paying him a ton of money.

TXBRONC

I feel sorry for the chainsaw.

arapaho2

that's why matt schaub is so great

tomjonesrocks
03-09-2016, 04:02 PM
A lot of chatter that Brock is still pissed he was benched. I Still do no think SD game was his fault for all TO. Nobody was helping him out. That move probably ruined it for him. Offense was better with him there. Manning provided a spark in that SD.

I agree it seems Brock wasn't so enamored with Denver and I can see why but that move may have saved the season.

I'll be interested to see if Brock is better next year. I hated that with that arm talent he was still terrible on deep passes, dove for safety Manning-style under pressure at 6'7" (no Roethlisberger impression there) and in general took sacks like crazy.

If he goes to Houston and starts throwing bombs to Hopkins after more starts under his belt good for him but he was hard to get excited about spending boatloads of money on.

I -really- do not want Kaepernick though. Hate him. RGIII on the cheap is intriguing.

ChairmanBron
03-09-2016, 04:02 PM
I think we go cheap and sign Drew Stanton to compete with Trevor.

DenBronx
03-09-2016, 04:03 PM
Nope....trade. our whole damn draft for Goff.

tripp
We know his attitude sucks ass, and we know he can't read a defense. We know he's not good, and we know that he won't take responsibility for his poor play and blame the players around him. You forgot those things.

That all comes down to maturing and starting fresh. We have no idea what the locker room was like in Washington, we know what it's like in Denver to a certain degree. There is a ton of leadership in Denver and it starts at the top with Elway, no way in hell with RG3 ever feel like it's HIS team. It's all about accountability, and I think he'll learn that.

BigDaddyBronco
So PFM was an $18 million a yr player comming off a so so 2014 season and had to take a pay cut. Why would Elway pay that to a guy who in 7 games looked decent at best? He did the right thing, don't let a percieved desperation make you do the wrong thing. He'll make the right move to get a stop gap QB on the way to the next HOFer. Trust the man, he has done pretty well building this team the last few years.

tripp

He signed a 2 year deal with the Cardinals.

Cugel

We also know he was a coach-killer in D.C. We know he was totally impervious to coaching. We know he went behind Shanahan's back to the owner and undermined his coach. We know his OL reportedly (Mark Schlereth) HATED him because he constantly threw them under the bus for mistakes that HE made.

Tried to blame his teammates for his own failures. Not a leader in the locker room. Locker room cancer.

Does that sound like an inviting guy to bring here?

I think the Broncos are in shock right now and are just scrambling to find a live body to throw in there.

I do think that on reflection Elway will conclude not to sign RGIII. I could be wrong, but I won't believe it until I see it.

Cugel
03-09-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanBron View Post

That's not a horrible idea. Stanton for a year or two while they groom a replacement is probably better than RGIII.

EDIT: Never mind that. He's not available.

ChairmanBron
Oh, I missed that.

Ravage!!!
We had a LEAN year last year behind center, and that's when we actually won the SB. It wasn't when Peyton Manning was playing like a kid on Madden '16 on easy mode.

Elway's objective was to keep the defense intact right? We lost Malik, and Trevathan and probably Bruton. We took a hit, but nothing he can't repair. As long as the core of this defense is intact we'll be fine.

I don't care.

We won't repeat that without good QB play. Let's not downplay Manning's ability to read defenses and call the right plays in the Super Bowl. His protection coverage and reading alone was big. So his physical skills were weak, his mind wasn't.

We got LUCKY with Manning. I know you know this. But if Super Bowl teams were so easy to repeat without outstanding QB play, then we would see it more than we have....and we haven't.

Poet
03-09-2016, 04:05 PM
That all comes down to maturing and starting fresh. We have no idea what the locker room was like in Washington, we know what it's like in Denver to a certain degree. There is a ton of leadership in Denver and it starts at the top with Elway, no way in hell with RG3 ever feel like it's HIS team. It's all about accountability, and I think he'll learn that.

Let's also be honest, his head coach was Shanahan, who when he dislikes a player is maddening to be around. Shanahan didn't want RG3, even though the two were successful with one another the first year.

I'm going to guess that Elway is pulling the trigger to go up and get a QB.

Cugel

Well, so much for that idea.

Lancane
It was just a situation that Denver felt like they couldn't compete with other offers. I don't think, because of the state of the team, that you mortgage the next few years of arguably your biggest position by paying that much money to someone you felt wasn't worth it. Things will work out here. We just won the SuperBowl with arguably the worst QB play you could possibly have.

It won't be the same, the offense was the weak link, it's gotten weaker. We won the Super Bowl...but reality is that we have just become the Buccaneers after their win too. Glad your optimistic, because I sure the hell am not. We needed to improve offensively! Well, hopefully we can find a great running game.

Mike
We also know he was a coach-killer in D.C. We know he was totally impervious to coaching. We know he went behind Shanahan's back to the owner and undermined his coach. We know his OL reportedly (Mark Schlereth) HATED him because he constantly threw them under the bus for mistakes that HE made.

Tried to blame his teammates for his own failures. Not a leader in the locker room. Locker room cancer.

Does that sound like an inviting guy to bring here?

I think the Broncos are in shock right now and are just scrambling to find a live body to throw in there.

I do think that on reflection Elway will conclude not to sign RGIII. I could be wrong, but I won't believe it until I see it.

FROM TWITTER

Broncos source: "This is not a surprise. It was clear to John (Elway) last week that (Osweiler) didn't want to be here."

Jeff Darlington

Dreadnought
Kaepernick has a pretty low turnover margin for most of his career. RG3 might need to grow up, but people can change. The injury history is a very fair point, but then again, you wouldn't be paying him a ton of money.

There is an old saying - when somebody shows you who they are, believe them. I don't want either on my team (esp. RGIII,) at any price you can name. Roll with Siemien, what the Hell. See what he's got if anything

TXBRONC

I don't think Elway lowballed him. I think the Texans overpaid him.

Ravage!!!
03-09-2016, 04:06 PM

Exactly why signing RGIII would be an embarrassment.

VonDoom

Stanton re-signed with Arizona yesterday

GEM
Dog unless the compensatory picks become tradeable we dont gain much ammo for s move up.

I thought that did just happen? I thought they were able to trade those now?

Ravage!!!
03-09-2016, 04:07 PM
I don't think Elway lowballed him. I think the Texans overpaided.

I think the offer from Elway was bascially 13 a year. That's a bit low for the market. Bradford is 18-30 in the NFL...despite being a veteran. So would you rather take the chance with a guy that is 18-30 and pay 18 or a guy that is raw that was drafted by you in the 2nd round? I guess that's been answered..but I do think 18 would have been too high, so not really argueing with that.

Ravage!!!

Yes.. I th ink they are tradeable now.

VonDoom

Can't start trading comp picks until 2017

tripp
Let's also be honest, his head coach was Shanahan, who when he dislikes a player is maddening to be around. Shanahan didn't want RG3, even though the two were successful with one another the first year.

I'm going to guess that Elway is pulling the trigger to go up and get a QB.

I think Elway will draft a QB as well. But I don't think he'll rely on a rookie to lead this team next year. I think we'll take someone, maybe RG3, maybe Matt Schaub, I don't know. But what we do know is, QB play last year was one of our BIGGEST weaknesses.

Poet
03-09-2016, 04:08 PM
There is an old saying - when somebody shows you who they are, believe them. I don't want either on my team (esp. RGIII,) at any price you can name. Roll with Siemien, what the Hell. See what he's got if anything

I believe that was Maya Angelou's saying, was it not? I think she had a few lines about maturation and change, too.

In a Kubiak system, you don't need a brilliant QB. You don't even need a smart QB. You need a guy who can make basic reads and rollout on bootlegs. Yes, we all know that having a great QB is an asset, and to win a SB you need one more often than not. But you're probably not going to repeat given the losses on defense, so having a stopgap and putting forth a competitive team is about as good as its going to get. There will be time to find a guy. He doesn't have to be found now.

Cugel
03-09-2016, 04:08 PM
It won't be the same, the offense was the weak link, it's gotten weaker. We won the Super Bowl...but reality is that we have just become the Buccaneers after their win too. Glad your optimistic, because I sure the hell am not. We needed to improve offensively! Well, hopefully we can find a great running game.

I agree Lancane. You need a QB though. Not necessarily an elite QB, but at least a GOOD QB.

ChairmanBron
03-09-2016, 04:09 PM
We can trade a 4 rounder for Stanton...

Edmonton Bronco Fan
That is an outrageous contract for Brock Osweiler. 18 million a year, 37 of 72 million guaranteed... for a guy that's proven what?

The Texans are going to end up regretting that contract. I feel sick about this offseason and the situation we currently find ourselves in but the money that both he and Malik got is just ridiculous and I wouldn't want either on my team at the dollar amount they're commanding.

Have faith Elway will figure something out. Right now it seems to be a lose lose proposition between RGIII and Kaep but I think I'd rather take a chance on Colin rather than Griffin.

Ravage!!!

Great quote, Dread. I'm 100% with you on that.

Poet
03-09-2016, 04:10 PM
I agree Lancane. You need a QB though. Not necessarily an elite QB, but at least a GOOD QB.

Do you think RG3/Kaep can be good in Denver?

Do you think the Broncos can find another guy in the second or mid round to be comparable to Brock?

Do you think that maybe at worst Denver has to go forth one or two years with shit at QB and then grab someone good, or promising?

****, for all we know you guys send a third and a fourth rounder for McCarron tomorrow.

silkamilkamonico

We just won the SuperBowl. Did you honestly think these players were all going to take hometown discounts? This is their career. What rational person is going to actually take less money in their career?

Ravage!!!
We can trade a 4 rounder for Stanton...

OMG... just how desperate are we!?!??!?!?!

GEM
03-09-2016, 04:11 PM
FROM TWITTER

Broncos source: "This is not a surprise. It was clear to John (Elway) last week that (Osweiler) didn't want to be here."

Jeff Darlington

Good Riddance then!

Ravage!!!
We just won the SuperBowl. Did you honestly think these players were all going to take hometown discounts? This is their career. What rational person is going to actually take less money in their career?

I don't think Lan has ever suggested that Brock take less money to stay here.. that's been other posters..... like Joe

Dreadnought
I believe that was Maya Angelou's saying, was it not? I think she had a few lines about maturation and change, too.

In a Kubiak system, you don't need a brilliant QB. You don't even need a smart QB. You need a guy who can make basic reads and rollout on bootlegs. Yes, we all know that having a great QB is an asset, and to win a SB you need one more often than not. But you're probably not going to repeat given the losses on defense, so having a stopgap and putting forth a competitive team is about as good as its going to get. There will be time to find a guy. He doesn't have to be found now.

I don't believe RGIII's character flaws are either fixable or coachable, and I sure as Hell don't want to waste one of my precious Bronco seasons finding out.

Poet
03-09-2016, 04:12 PM
OMG... just how desperate are we!?!??!?!?!

I'm here to hold you, Ravage.

Ravage!!!
I'm here to hold you, Ravage.

I may take you up on that if I hear another idea of trading for Stanton. Frak.. :lol:

GEM
Can't start trading comp picks until 2017

Do we get these comp picks this year or next year?

silkamilkamonico
03-09-2016, 04:13 PM
I don't think Lan has ever suggested that Brock take less money to stay here.. that's been other posters..... like Joe

He just made a reference to the Buccaneers after they won the SuperBowl, insinuating Denver is getting rid of all of their players, which is clearly not the case.

MasterShake
I'm gonna check out some Texans forums to see what they think. Just like baseball if you want to see where things are going, watch the outfielders not the ball... Hopefully they are all depressed and pissed at wasting so much money.

Poet
I don't believe RGIII's character flaws are either fixable or coachable, and I sure as Hell don't want to waste one of my precious Bronco seasons finding out.

Just about everything is fixable, Dread. More than anything, he'll have to fix it to get forward in his career. As far as wasting a season, you would have had a worse waste of a year paying Brock 18 million a season as opposed to whatever RG3 is going to get. Because when the cap hit sticks and you have to do more roster rearrangement, Brock keeps on hurting.

GEM
And now we've lost Trevathan too. Can't think of an offseason I've hated more.

Ravage!!!
He just made a reference to the Buccaneers after they won the SuperBowl, insinuating Denver is getting rid of all of their players, which is clearly not the case.

No. I've been reading his posts for the lat week on this subject. He's not suggesting that.

Lancane
03-09-2016, 04:14 PM

No Silk, you know I agree that player's will get paid. I sm not mad at Brock. I am pissed that the Broncos went from being a contender to looking dismal.

Poet
I may take you up on that if I hear another idea of trading for Stanton. Frak.. :lol:

A fourth rounder for Stanton is like paying twenty bucks for Slim to be your stripper.

silkamilkamonico
No. I've been reading his posts for the lat week on this subject. He's not suggesting that.

What is he suggesting then?

silkamilkamonico
03-09-2016, 04:15 PM
No Silk, you know I agree that player's will get paid. Not am I mad at Brock. I am pissed that the Broncos went from being a contender to looking dismal.

They just won the SuperBowl because a lot of the players they had they coached up so well that they can't afford. Perhaps we shouldn't have coached them up so well? We might not have won the SuperBowl but we would get to keep them at least.

Valar Morghulis
03-09-2016, 04:16 PM
Rg3 with Alfred Morris.

Hackenberg in the draft.

I have a feeling it well all work out.

Northman
I'm not sure he is the answer. I liked his poise and delivery in the preseason. He may need more time, but I liked more in his first preseason than I did out of any of Brock's preseasons. It may not pan out, but I still thought he had a higher upside than Brock after seeing him play a little.

Im sure people said that about Tom Brady at one point as well. Simien may not be the answer but like all young QB's until they get a chance to prove it they will be an unknown. Simien will have competition whoever it may end up being but i wouldnt count him totally out either.

Poet
Rg3 with Alfred Morris.

Hackenberg in the draft.

Morris to Denver would be intriguing.

Ravage!!!
03-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Rg3 with Alfred Morris.

Hackenberg in the draft.

Not if RG3 is in the mix it won't.

Poet
03-09-2016, 04:17 PM
RG3 will probably be less toxic now that the stain of Shanahan is off of him. ;)

Ravage!!!
03-09-2016, 04:18 PM
Im sure people said that about Tom Brady at one point as well. Simien may not be the answer but like all young QB's until they get a chance to prove it they will be an unknown. Simien will have competition whoever it may end up being but i wouldnt count him totally out either.

I actually heard belicheck in an interview before Brady every got into a game, saying that the player he was most impressed with during the offseason was their young kid named Brady.

NightTerror218
03-09-2016, 04:18 PM
RG3 will probably be less toxic now that the stain of Shanahan is off of him. ;)

He could be cheap.

Ravage!!!
03-09-2016, 04:19 PM

but RG3 has been a strain for everyone else since.

Ravage!!!
He could be cheap.

Nothing spells winner like "cheap"

GEM

I think more along the line of longevity. Most likely he gets a few million extra there, goes there, is out of the league in a couple years. OR takes a few less, stays here, continues playing and gets a 2nd contract.

That's my line of thinking. Texans are not exactly known for growing great qb's.

weazel
the sky is falling everyone!!!!

VonDoom
03-09-2016, 04:20 PM
I'm gonna check out some Texans forums to see what they think. Just like baseball if you want to see where things are going, watch the outfielders not the ball... Hopefully they are all depressed and pissed at wasting so much money.

I just looked a board quick after seeing your post. Most of what I'm seeing is cautious optimism - they hope he can be the best QB in franchise history, which is a low bar. More people talking about Lamar Miller and their lack of an o-line than Brock.

Ravage!!!
03-09-2016, 04:20 PM
I think more along the line of longevity. Most likely he gets a few million extra there, goes there, is out of the league in a couple years. OR takes a few less, stays here, continues playing and gets a 2nd contract.

That's my line of thinking. Texans are not exactly known for growing great qb's.

Same thing could have been said about Denver before Elway... or Buffalo before Kelly. San Fran before Montana..... on and on. It only takes the one.

NightTerror218
03-09-2016, 04:21 PM
In perspective.....we would not have won SB without brock. We needed homefield advantage.

Essentially Elway traded a 2nd round pick for a SB. Good deal elway!!!

Poet
but RG3 has been a strain for everyone else since.

Shanastain is a big stainer.

My point is that yeah, RG3, is a child. But he's like a lot of guys in the NFL in that he was once looked at as a stud, now he's a dud, but he's got another chance to turn it around. You might get a few nice years out of him before moving on.

silkamilkamonico
the sky is falling everyone!!!!

Maybe if we give back the SuperBowl win we can stop this!

Mike

And O'Brien came off like a jackoff that doesn't know what to do at the QB this year.

VonDoom
03-09-2016, 04:22 PM
Matt Flynn ‏@mflynn3 12m12 minutes ago

Wow I know I'm going to get killed for this and I don't have a lot of room to talk, but this latest QB contract is unbelievable........ ��

Edmonton Bronco Fan
Good Riddance then!

Exactly.

Don't need to ruin a tight locker room with anybody who doesn't want to be here. Don't care who you are.

Ravage!!!
Shanastain is a big stainer.

My point is that yeah, RG3, is a child. But he's like a lot of guys in the NFL in that he was once looked at as a stud, now he's a dud, but he's got another chance to turn it around. You might get a few nice years out of him before moving on.

How many QBs can you think of that turned his kind of attitude around and changed with a different team? Seriously, I can't think of any, but I've certainly been known to miss examples before.

Mike
Matt Flynn ‏@mflynn3 12m12 minutes ago

Wow I know I'm going to get killed for this and I don't have a lot of room to talk, but this latest QB contract is unbelievable........ ��

lol

Lancane
They just won the SuperBowl because a lot of the players they had they coached up so well that they can't afford. Perhaps we shouldn't have coached them up so well? We might not have won the SuperBowl but we would get to keep them at least.

Silk, even with the losses we'll have a Top 5 defense, but offensively we went from having a brokedown HOF quarterback , a meistro of the game with a backup who knew the offense to a team with their third stringer the only QB on the team, add the other offensive issues, butter hands, middle of the road run game and horrid o-line...yeah, be optimistic. Atop that our one signing is a lineman comparable to Brock, he got starter money but is a relative backup!

Davii
A fourth rounder for Stanton is like paying twenty bucks for Slim to be your stripper.

I disagree. Paying Slim 20$ would be a bargain and worth every penny, especially considering he already comes sans pants so you get more naked time than your average lap dance. Can't be as bad as taking a chainsaw to the vagina.

NightTerror218
03-09-2016, 04:23 PM
Brock was offered keys to the Lambo and he took the honda.

Nomad
03-09-2016, 04:24 PM
All I can do is trust and hope Elway has a plan.

TXBRONC
03-09-2016, 04:25 PM

I think next year compensatory picks become tradable.

Ravage!!!
03-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Brock was offered keys to the Lambo and he took the honda.

Uhmmm... I'm pretty sure he can buy the Lambo.

silkamilkamonico
03-09-2016, 04:27 PM
Silk, even with the losses we'll have a Top 5 defense, but offensively we went from having a brokedown HOF quarterback , a meistro of the game with a backup who knew the offense to a team with their third stringer the only QB on the team, add the other offensive issues, butter hands, middle of the road run game and horrid o-line...yeah, be optimistic. Atop that our one signing is a lineman comparable to Brock, he got starter money but is a relative backup!

Our offense will be better regardless of who the QB is, simply because the oline will be better and so will the running game. It's why I'm not pissed about Brock. We don't even know if he could have been The QB. On the flip side, if you don't think it will be better because of everything you stated, than big deal, because Brock Osweiler wasn't going to make it better.

NightTerror218
03-09-2016, 04:28 PM
Uhmmm... I'm pretty sure he can buy the Lambo.

Lol

Broncos = Lambo
Texans= Honda

Referring to quality of team and talent.

NightTerror218
03-09-2016, 04:28 PM
Texas now have Brock and lamar miller. But lost pro bowl OG brooks.

silkamilkamonico
03-09-2016, 04:29 PM
Lol

Broncos = Lambo
Texans= Honda

With the contract he got in choosing the Honda, he can now go out and buy a Lambo.

VonDoom
03-09-2016, 04:30 PM
Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 13s14 seconds ago

Wonder if the Broncos might take a look at Mark Sanchez if/when the Eagles cut him.

TXBRONC
03-09-2016, 04:30 PM
Lol

Broncos = Lambo
Texans= Yugo

More like a Yugo.

Timmy!
03-09-2016, 04:31 PM

Can't. He is a Cardinal.

Also comp picks are tradable next year.

Dreadnought
03-09-2016, 04:31 PM

Wonder if the Broncos might take a look at Mark Sanchez if/when the Eagles cut him.

Oh God...make it stop...

Northman
03-09-2016, 04:32 PM
Denver will be fine.

Ravage!!!
More like a Yugo.

Houston is NOT a bad franchise nor a bad team. Let's not go overboard with the exaggeration.

slim
Oh God...make it stop...

There are no good options, Dread.

Ravage!!!
Oh God...make it stop...

VonDoom is trying to KILL US!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poet
Oh God...make it stop...

Apparently Denver is taking a look at trading for Bradford.

VonDoom
There goes one of our "options":

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 15s15 seconds ago

The #Falcons have signed QB Matt Schaub to back up Matt Ryan

VonDoom
03-09-2016, 04:33 PM
VonDoom is trying to KILL US!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I didn't suggest it!

G_Money
How many QBs can you think of that turned his kind of attitude around and changed with a different team? Seriously, I can't think of any, but I've certainly been known to miss examples before.

Favre?

slim
There goes one of our "options":

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 15s15 seconds ago

The #Falcons have signed QB Matt Schaub to back up Matt Ryan

Thank God!

Lancane

Would rather they take a flyer on Sanchez then RGIII!

VonDoom
Apparently Denver is taking a look at trading for Bradford.

Where are you hearing this? Bradford got a signing bonus - the Eagles would be on the hook for a lot of money, even if they wanted to trade him