PDA

View Full Version : Report: Miller willing to take hometown discount for Broncos

LTC Pain
03-08-2016, 12:16 PM
This is interesting and contradicts previous reports that Miller wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_von_miller_willing_to_take_hometown_discoun t_for_broncos/s1_12680_20416348

MasterShake
03-08-2016, 12:21 PM
I hope that's true. Its always cool when a big name player like that wants to stay in Denver. I'd love to have him be the face of the franchise moving forward.

BroncoWave
03-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Breer tweeted that a week ago. Not really a new development. And it doesn't contradict reports of him wanting to be the highest paid player in the league. He could take less than another team would give and still be the highest paid player.

DenBronx
03-08-2016, 12:33 PM
My dudes STILL going to get paid. We need more players with this mentality to keep this train a movin. If they each just take a little less then maybe we could keep the band together.

dogfish
03-08-2016, 12:34 PM
meh. . . sounds great as far as it goes, but talk is cheap, and contracts are really expensive. . . we'll see how it goes. . .

LTC Pain
03-08-2016, 12:51 PM
Breer tweeted that a week ago. Not really a new development. And it doesn't contradict reports of him wanting to be the highest paid player in the league. He could take less than another team would give and still be the highest paid player.

This story is six days old but I don't recall it being discussed on this forum in relation to Miller's next contract. Thus why I posted it here. If it does/doesn't contradict other reports is subject to opinion and speculation. The writer of this report (Jesse Reed) thinks it does and I tend to agree.You obviously don't.

Amidst reports that Von Miller wants to be the highest-paid defender in the history of the NFL comes another report that contradicts that notion. Albert Breer of NFL Network indicated Wednesday morning that Miller would take a discount to sign a long-term deal with the Denver Broncos.

TXBRONC
03-08-2016, 12:57 PM
meh. . . sounds great as far as it goes, but talk is cheap, and contracts are really expensive. . . we'll see how it goes. . .

Reality sucks.

I hope it's true but we'll see.

MOtorboat
03-08-2016, 01:13 PM
So maybe he'll take Justin Houston's contract instead of asking to be the highest paid defensive guy?

Miller will be paid well for his services for a long time. I have a feeling he's going to get several of these contracts.

Joel
03-08-2016, 01:47 PM
Yup: Thanks, Von—so DO IT then.