PDA

View Full Version : LIVE: Peyton Manning retirement press conference

Denver Native (Carol)
03-07-2016, 12:28 PM
Watch live from UCHealth Training Center as Peyton Manning announces his retirement from the NFL.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/LIVE-Peyton-Manning-retirement-press-conference/8a8cf537-b948-42e2-ac9e-be3ffead823d

pulse
03-07-2016, 12:36 PM
Peyton and son have entered the building...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154029792981318&id=129494626317&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2FDenverBronco s%2Fvideos%2Fvb.129494626317%2F10154029792981318%2 F&_rdr

Marshall is like, "Nooooo....."

GEM
03-07-2016, 12:45 PM
DT and Brandon Marshall in the room, I've seen Eli so far.

GEM
03-07-2016, 12:52 PM
Emmanuel Sanders in the room.

BroncoJoe
03-07-2016, 12:53 PM
My F'ING boss just scheduled a conference call for 11 AM. MF'er.

MOtorboat
03-07-2016, 12:55 PM
My F'ING boss just scheduled a conference call for 11 AM. MF'er.

Fireable offense.

LTC Pain
03-07-2016, 01:01 PM
Fireable offense.

Fire the boss?

MOtorboat
03-07-2016, 01:02 PM
Fire the boss?

It was a nice thought.

BroncoJoe
03-07-2016, 01:03 PM
Fire the boss?

It was a nice thought.

Believe me, I'd like to...

VonDoom
03-07-2016, 01:09 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 42s42 seconds ago

#Broncos CEO Joe Ellis: "This is a historic day. Also a day of reflection and celebration."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 19s19 seconds ago

Joe Ellis: "Peyton Manning made our team better, he made our organization better and he made our community better."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 1m1 minute ago

#Broncos pres./CEO Joe Ellis: We all had an idea what kind of player Peyton was, but we didn't know the impact he'd ultimately have.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

Joe Ellis on Manning: "If you look back on his time as a Bronco, there were few things that he wasn't able to do."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 35s36 seconds ago

Ellis, looking at Manning: "If there was a list needed to attain greatness, you have checked every box."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 58s58 seconds ago

Joe Ellis: "All of us look forward to your Ring of Fame induction & your Hall of Fame induction."

BroncoWave
03-07-2016, 01:09 PM
Joe Ellis confirmed Peyton will be in the RoF. As if there was really any doubt.

GEM
03-07-2016, 01:10 PM
The minute they started talking, my comp started buffering. :mad: 104.3 is playing it so listening there.

Nomad
03-07-2016, 01:12 PM
The minute they started talking, my comp started buffering. :mad: 104.3 is playing it so listening there.

Yeah....I'm having issues as well. The commercial beforehand worked fine. :lol:

MOtorboat
03-07-2016, 01:13 PM

I don't know what your office has, but it's on every channel, ESPN, espnnews, CBS Sports, and NFL.

VonDoom
03-07-2016, 01:13 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 56s56 seconds ago

John Elway: "There's not a guy in the NFL that can walk away and say I have done everything that can possibly be done at the QB position."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 47s47 seconds ago

"Peyton Manning can say that."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 51s52 seconds ago

Elway: "I know this is a tough day for him. For 18 years he played this game so great. And not only that, he's a great teammate."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 52s53 seconds ago

#Broncos Elway: "To me the things that's most amazing is the way Peyton went about it. I know how much it meant to him."

Elway said he didn't think the Broncos had a shot at Peyton Manning when he was a free agent in 2012.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 43s43 seconds ago

Elway on Manning: "He made my job easy."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 46s46 seconds ago

John Elway: Manning's presence was a big part at being able to put recent teams together, attract free agents, etc.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 32s33 seconds ago

John Elway: "It was a treat for an ex-QB to be able to watch Peyton Manning work & prepare & play the game."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 47s48 seconds ago

Elway: Peyton Manning revolutionized the game.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 39s40 seconds ago

John Elway: "Peyton Manning utilized every asset that God gave him to be the best football player that he could be."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 19s20 seconds ago

Elway: "Thank you for becoming a Denver Bronco. We owe you a lot."

Nomad
03-07-2016, 01:15 PM
I don't know what your office has, but it's on every channel, ESPN, espnnews, CBS Sports, and NFL.

Good point.

VonDoom
03-07-2016, 01:20 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak: "It's been a great nine months, and everything ended the right way for the Denver Broncos."

Gary Kubiak said he met with Manning after the KC loss and told him: "You're going to get well." Said Manning "not real happy about that."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1m1 minute ago

Kubiak: "He said listen I don't want to be a distraction. I'm not ready to play yet. You keep everybody focused... I'll get myself well."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 48s49 seconds ago

Kubiak: "What he proceeded to do in the course of the next month ... was the difference in how we ended up as a football team."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 35s36 seconds ago

Kubiak telling a fantastic story of how Manning worked his way back into the lineup and lead team to a title. "He was right." #Broncos

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 52s53 seconds ago

Kubiak, to Manning: "It was only 9 months for me, but I'll remember it for a lifetime. I love you."

Edmonton Bronco Fan
03-07-2016, 01:22 PM
Amazing story from Gary Kubiak. Listening him get choked up like that had me balling... the respect for Peyton Manning. Wow.

VonDoom
03-07-2016, 01:30 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2m2 minutes ago

Peyton Manning pauses at the podium for about 15 secs regaining his composure. Fighting back tears.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 35s36 seconds ago

Manning: "There's just something about 18 years. Eighteen is a good number."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Manning's voice quakes with emotion when he talks about Johnny Unitas, meeting him in 1998 and hoping he made him proud.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 32s33 seconds ago

Manning says that staying one final year at Tennessee was one of the smartest decision he's made.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 40s41 seconds ago

#Broncos Peyton Manning says he roots every year for a quarterback to break his rookie interception record..

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 36s36 seconds ago

Manning's voice quakes with emotion again recalling his grandpa & how he told him Madden/Summerall would broadcast his game for 1st time.

VonDoom
03-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 51s52 seconds ago

Manning: "Grateful is the word that comes to my mind when thinking of the Denver Broncos."

Manning: "To all my Denver teammates: Thank you for what you've done for this old quarterback."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 51s51 seconds ago

Manning gives shout-outs to all of his NFL head coaches.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 29s29 seconds ago

The tears are about to really start as Peyton talks about his wife and children.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 29s29 seconds ago

Manning: "Ashley, your support is as potent a motivator as any man can have."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 57s58 seconds ago

Manning's voice quakes with emotion again as he talks about how much his two kids have changed his life.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 26s27 seconds ago

#Broncos Manning "I revere football. I love the game. You don't have to wonder if I will miss it. I will absolutely miss it. "

Manning recalling the time Mosley asked if he had played his last game.

"That's when I shook my head in amazement, because @mortreport and @AdamSchefter had gotten to my 5-year-old daughter."

Manning: "I'll miss Demaryius Thomas telling me he loved me and thanking me for coming to Denver after every touchdown."

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 59s60 seconds ago

His former teammates have their phones out documenting every word. History.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 49s49 seconds ago

Manning: "I'll even miss the Patriot fans in Foxboro. And they should miss me, because they certainly got a lot of wins off me."

Manning: "Football fans everywhere need to know how much they've meant to me over the years."

VonDoom
03-07-2016, 01:37 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 53s54 seconds ago

Manning: The end of my football career is just the beginning of something I haven’t discovered yet.

Manning: "Life is not shrinking for me. It's morphing into a whole new world of possibilities."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 21s21 seconds ago

Manning: "There were other players more talented, but there was no one who could out-prepare me. And so I have no regrets."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 44s44 seconds ago

Manning: "After 18 years, it's time. God bless all of you and God bless football."

VonDoom
03-07-2016, 01:38 PM
https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status/706911540411125760

Edmonton Bronco Fan
03-07-2016, 01:42 PM
My respect, admiration & appreciation of Peyton Manning continues to know no bounds. One of the greatest athletic careers of all time. GOAT.

I didn't expect to shed so many tears.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-07-2016, 01:45 PM
Why did Lindsay Jones have to bring up the allegations???????? How disrespectful and stupid

VonDoom
03-07-2016, 01:46 PM

Manning said he wanted to take some time and enjoy the Super Bowl win. Went on a family vacation, went hunting w/ Jeff Saturday & reflected.

Manning: "I thought about it a lot, prayed about a lot, and like I said earlier, it was just the right time."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1m1 minute ago

Manning on making this decision: "Maybe I don’t throw as good or run as good as I used to, but I always had great timing."

Manning on next career: "I haven't ruled anything out. I have made no decisions. I'm going to go on vacation again after this."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 48s48 seconds ago

Manning: "It was extremely gratifying to finish with a world championship. It was a special day in San Francisco."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 46s46 seconds ago

Manning: "I never assumed anything. I never said this was going to be it or I wouldn't be healthy. I had a goal one week at a time."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 13s14 seconds ago

Manning on UT allegations: "I think it's sad that some people don't understand the truth or the facts. I did not do what has been alleged."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 9s9 seconds ago

Manning said he kept his thoughts & feelings "pretty tight" ... didn't even talk w/ old teammates like Saturday/Stokley b/c they're media.

VonDoom
03-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Why did Lindsay Jones have to bring up the allegations???????? How disrespectful and stupid

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 42s42 seconds ago

Manning deserved a chance to respond to what everyone has been saying about him for the last month. I had to ask.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
03-07-2016, 01:49 PM
Peyton Manning's sense of humor is also GOAT.

VonDoom
03-07-2016, 01:50 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Manning "You can't help that much when you aren't playing. But I tried to do the best I could. I knew my teammates had my back."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Manning: "Von, the fact that you came in from your celebrity tour to be here today really means a lot."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 53s54 seconds ago

Manning on the "signal" he gave Kubiak during those workouts: "I cannot confirm or deny that."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 47s48 seconds ago

Manning: "Jordan Taylor might surprise a lot of people for the Broncos next season, in my opinion."

Manning: "I'm retiring as a football player from the University of Tennessee that played for the Colts and Broncos."

Denver Native (Carol)
03-07-2016, 01:51 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 42s42 seconds ago

Manning deserved a chance to respond to what everyone has been saying about him for the last month. I had to ask.

I wonder if she took some heat right after she did that, as Peyton totally brushed off her question.

VonDoom
03-07-2016, 01:52 PM
I wonder if she took some heat right after she did that, as Peyton totally brushed off her question.

Based on her recent Tweets, people are unhappy with her.

GEM
03-07-2016, 01:55 PM

The TV in our office is in the conference room, no phone so I can't catch them if they ring.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
03-07-2016, 01:56 PM
Peyton Manning ends his press conference with "Omaha"... LOL

BroncoWave
03-07-2016, 01:57 PM
I don't mind the question being asked and I think Lindsay's justification for asking was totally fair.

Ravage!!!
03-07-2016, 01:57 PM

ALso.. lets not forget, that most probably Lindsay had discussed this with Peyton, and worded the question as a way that he could respond, acknowledge it, and talk about it quickly and in his words without feeling as if the question was attacking.

sometimes journalism... REAL journalism...is about asking the hard questions. I think she felt it was an obligation.

GEM
03-07-2016, 01:59 PM
I'd say he's retiring a Colt...wearing Colt blue with no orange in sight. Eh, as it should be, I guess.

VonDoom
03-07-2016, 02:00 PM
https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status/706916448283701248

MOtorboat
03-07-2016, 02:01 PM
ALso.. lets not forget, that most probably Lindsay had discussed this with Peyton, and worded the question as a way that he could respond, acknowledge it, and talk about it quickly and in his words without feeling as if the question was attacking.

I think the Broncos and Manning had a plan for who was asking questions. There were media members from all over the country, but all but two questions came from Denver-based people, Klis, Paige, Jones, DMac and there were a couple of other Denver reporters who got a question.

Dzone
03-07-2016, 02:05 PM
D Mac usually asks the stupid question..they must have banned him from the building

MOtorboat
03-07-2016, 02:08 PM
D Mac usually asks the stupid question..they must have banned him from the building

I'm pretty sure he asked one. Don't remember what it was.

Buff
03-07-2016, 02:25 PM
I'm pretty sure he asked one. Don't remember what it was.

So, he may or may not have asked a question, and you aren't sure what it was if he did. Got it, thanks!

BroncoWave
03-07-2016, 02:25 PM

sometimes journalism... REAL journalism...is about asking the hard questions. I think she felt it was an obligation.

Totally agree. We have been agreeing far too much lately. Give me a hot take I can shoot down! :D

LTC Pain
03-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Omaha!!!

MOtorboat
03-07-2016, 02:32 PM
So, he may or may not have asked a question, and you aren't sure what it was if he did. Got it, thanks!

I believe he was the one who asked (the NFL camera had his face blocked by someone else), "You've always worked to get better. You said today, nobody prepared better than you and I know you are always constantly learning. In one of the most unique and rewarding years, what was unique that you learned this year that was different than all the other years that may have led to a championship?"

Happy?

Timmy!
03-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Classy. Gonna miss that guy. Crazy to think I was a senior in high school his rookie year.

Davii
03-07-2016, 02:34 PM
I'm going to miss watching Peyton, as a Bronco or otherwise.

Krugan
03-07-2016, 03:05 PM
That was a very good speech, as a fan, I am happy we have had a chance to watch him lead our team.

He said everything as i had expected, with class and humility, and a thank you just doesnt seem to be enough.

Sad day for football in general, when a great hang up the cleats.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Peyton Manning: Retirement press conference

2-time Super Bowl Champion quarterback Peyton Manning announces his retirement at The UC Health Training Center in front of a crowd of teammates, family, friends and the national media.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Peyton-Manning-Retirement-press-conference/0d2d8970-ad9c-47f6-bd57-794847450322

This is the full press conference, starting with Joe Ellis

Simple Jaded
03-07-2016, 04:24 PM
Gary Kubiak, wow. We're screwed!

Denver Native (Carol)
03-07-2016, 04:27 PM
Gary Kubiak, wow. We're screwed!

?????????

Simple Jaded
03-07-2016, 04:35 PM
?????????

I was just thoroughly impressed with his speech and can't wait till he's fired.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-07-2016, 05:27 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/03/07/watch-eli-manning-narrates-touching-tribute-to-peyton-to-honor-his-nfl-career/

Denver Native (Carol)
03-07-2016, 05:35 PM
Stars from NFL, sports and entertainment world salute retiring Peyton Manning

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/instantawesome-peytonreax-160306/stars-nfl-entertainment-world-salute-retiring-peyton-manning

Davii
03-07-2016, 05:42 PM
I was just thoroughly impressed with his speech and can't wait till he's fired.

Care to explain?

GEM
03-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Care to explain?

Jaded hates Kubes, has since he was hired.

Simple Jaded
03-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Jaded hates Kubes, has since he was hired.

Nope, sorry this poor timing on my part, but that last part was sarcasm aimed at trolling his critics. I love Kubes, I was genuinely touched by his speech, have had many discussions defending him and his supposed lack of ability.

BroncoJoe
03-07-2016, 05:50 PM
Nope, sorry this poor timing on my part, but that last part was sarcasm aimed at trolling his critics. I love Kubes, I was genuinely touched by his speech, have had many discussions defending him and his supposed lack of ability.

OR, is this sarcasm??????

:confused:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-07-2016, 07:53 PM
Troy Renck Retweeted
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 34m

John Elway was inducted into the Broncos' ROF during the 1999 season-opener. Peyton Manning will go in, but I was told a date is not set.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 17m

Classy gesture by #Broncos Joe Ellis and John Elway to send private plane to bring Manning's family and friends from New Orleans for presser

Denver Native (Carol)
03-07-2016, 09:30 PM
Broncos TV's Matt Boyer catches up with Von Miller to talk about the special he shares with Peyton Manning. Plus, Miller explains why he plans to make Denver his off-season training ground.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Miller-Manning-was-always-there-for-me/f413139b-d6ce-4c94-a6ff-daa3787955b5

Simple Jaded
03-07-2016, 09:59 PM
OR, is this sarcasm??????

:confused:

Nooooooo.

Not as far as you know.

VonDoom
03-07-2016, 10:22 PM
Peter King has another column up reflecting on Manning. Some nice stories in there:

The week before the 2013 season opener, he got Broncos PR chief Patrick Smyth to help him frame nine photos—of the three Denver quarterbacks in the team’s ring of honor, of the three coaches who would be hands-on with the quarterbacks every day, and of the three quarterbacks. He had the nine pictures hung in the quarterback meeting room, each covered by black fabric. And before the first meeting of week one, he asked if he could say something. One by one, he spoke of the men in the photos. Ring of honor quarterbacks Frank Tripucka, Craig Morton, John Elway. Coaches Greg Knapp, Jim Bob Cooter, Brian Callahan. Quarterbacks Brock Osweiler, Zac Dysert and Peyton Manning.

Callahan was the grunt of the group. Quality control guy. And he had this sinking feeling. Everybody else up on the wall had a great résumé. Callahan didn’t. “What is he going to say about me?” Callahan thought.

It came time for the black curtain to be removed from Callahan’s photo. Manning spoke, bringing up details of Callahan’s football life:

Brian was a part of De La Salle High School’s 151-game winning streak … He walked on at UCLA and earned a scholarship through his diligence … Brian was the holder on extra points and field goals for the Bruins … He’s an invaluable part of getting us prepared to play every week …

“I mean, for Peyton Manning to talk that way about me, to make me feel like I belonged with everyone in that room, was pretty unforgettable,” said Callahan.

http://mmqb.si.com/2016/03/07/peyton-manning-retirement-nfl-legacy

Dapper Dan
03-07-2016, 11:47 PM

Denver Native (Carol)
03-08-2016, 12:54 PM
Peyton Manning retires from the NFL [PHOTOS]

http://photos.denverpost.com/2016/03/07/peyton-manning-retires-from-the-nfl-photos/#1