PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller: Nerd (Players' Tribune)

VonDoom
02-18-2016, 02:11 PM
Fun read. A first person account of Von Miller's early life and path to the NFL, told with his childhood friends (all of whom went to A&M and made it to the NFL) Damontre Moore, Tony Jarod-Eddie and Cyrus Gray:

Von:
It still doesn’t feel real. After the game, we went to the club to celebrate with everybody. Mom, Dad, my brother, all of us. There’s no CiCi’s in San Francisco. I would’ve had a CiCi’s pizza at 3 a.m., though.

Damontre:
Von got a call after the game. “Lil Wayne wants to party with you.”

Cyrus:
Wayne played the after-party. We used to listen to this dude in the ’96 Oldsmobile with seven big-ass football players stuffed into the car. And now the real guy is standing in front of us, like, What’s up?

Damontre:
The Super Bowl MVP has a real chicken farm. A legitimate farm. That he maintains himself. He’s even got roosters. If you go down to DeSoto, Texas, you can stop by Von’s farm and get yourself a dozen organic eggs. This is real.

Cyrus:
You’re the first Super Bowl MVP with a tattoo of a rooster, I’m pretty sure about that.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/von-miller-broncos-super-bowl-mvp-nerd/

Hardwired
02-18-2016, 05:11 PM
Good lord that's a great story. "Roosters are dope". Von, you da man.

Buff
02-18-2016, 08:41 PM
Dude is pretty much universally well-liked - and it's easy to see why. He always keeps it real. Great read.

Timmy!
02-18-2016, 09:19 PM
I would like to BBQ one of Von's chickens and send step by step pictures to Dave.

Valar Morghulis
02-19-2016, 01:53 AM
I would like to BBQ one of Von's chickens and send step by step pictures to Dave.

Nice. I hope you get aids, Ebola and syphilis and maybe some genital warts

Dapper Dan
02-19-2016, 04:07 AM
VonDoom. Are you going to change your name to VonWareWolfe?

BroncoWave
02-19-2016, 09:09 AM

VonDoom is better.

VonDoom
02-19-2016, 09:46 AM

VonDoom is better.

Yeah, it's probably not worth changing it now.

Dapper Dan
02-19-2016, 10:08 AM
But the Doom is gone. Even though I still love him.

Buff
02-19-2016, 10:34 AM
I think we should brainstorm new combinations for VonDoom using more obscure players...

VonColquitt

VonLongSnapper

VonKeo

Dapper Dan
02-19-2016, 10:39 AM
I think we should brainstorm new combinations for VonDoom using more obscure players...

VonColquitt

VonLongSnapper

VonKeo

Or scrap the whole thing for Murphy's Whorehouse.