PDA

View Full Version : Good Brandon Marshall "interview"

dogfish
02-16-2016, 04:27 PM
http://www.nfl.com/brandonmarshall

it's actually just his answers, but you can tell what the questions were. . .

:defense:

TXBRONC
02-16-2016, 07:03 PM
Marshall and Trevathan made a great tandem at inside linebacker.

DenBronx
02-16-2016, 07:29 PM
We have to keep those two and if we can keep at least these top 4 guys I'll be happy. I believe Cladys going to have to restructure, Manning will be gone and cap is going up so maybe we can hold on to a few or more of these guys.

Priorities in order for me are:

1. Von Miller
2. Brandon Marshall
3. Danny Trevathan
4. Brock Osweiler
5. Malik Jackson
6. CJ Anderson
7. David Bruton
8. Whoever else

TXBRONC
02-16-2016, 11:27 PM
We have to keep those two and if we can keep at least these top 4 guys I'll be happy. I believe Cladys going to have to restructure, Manning will be gone and cap is going up so maybe we can hold on to a few or more of these guys.

1. Von Miller
2. Brandon Marshall
3. Danny Trevathan
4. Brock Osweiler
5. Malik Jackson
6. CJ Anderson
7. David Bruton
8. Whoever else

Clady knows he is going to have to restructure if he wants to stay a Bronco.

The Glue Factory
02-17-2016, 09:55 AM
Clady knows he is going to have to restructure if he wants to stay a Bronco.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Clady ALREADY stated he's willing to restructure?

TXBRONC
02-17-2016, 10:09 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Clady ALREADY stated he's willing to restructure?

Yes. I think there is thread on him saying he was willing to restructure.

Ravage!!!
02-17-2016, 11:08 AM

1. Von Miller
2. Brandon Marshall
3. Danny Trevathan
4. Brock Osweiler
5. Malik Jackson
6. CJ Anderson
7. David Bruton
8. Whoever else

So you put QB at fourth, huh?

NightTerror218
02-17-2016, 11:18 AM

1. Von Miller
2. Brandon Marshall
3. Danny Trevathan
4. Brock Osweiler
5. Malik Jackson
6. CJ Anderson
7. David Bruton
8. Whoever else

I would have to say Von, Oz, Marshall, McManus, Malik, travathan, and CJ.

But honestly the RFA and ERFA are not going anywhere. Von will be tagged. So it's Oz, Malik, and travathan.

Was listening to the drive yesterday (Chad and Cj) and they stated that none of the great defenses have never repeated as SB champs. Teams will have all off season, preseason and regular season to prepare for this defense and find a weakness. The AFC West, who do you think they will study the most? Broncos of course because they have to knock us off to be division champs.

We need to have the offense be above average to repeat. Defense can take a small step back but offense needs to step up huge. Oz IMO is the best option to move forward with offense. He has a year in the system, he was groomed for the job by this team. Throwing a draft pick rookie into starting would ensure no repeat basically. There are no FA vets worthy of starting for us. Is Oz the answer, who knows, but he is the best option we have.

I also have heard a lot of broncos coming to his defense. Talib, CJ, Malik, Marshall have all talked about the confidence in him to run this offense. Malik said Oz has been under paid. I think it is safe to say he won over the locker room during his short stint as a starter.

Ravage!!!
02-17-2016, 12:01 PM

But honestly the RFA and ERFA are not going anywhere. Von will be tagged. So it's Oz, Malik, and travathan.

Was listening to the drive yesterday (Chad and Cj) and they stated that none of the great defenses have never repeated as SB champs. Teams will have all off season, preseason and regular season to prepare for this defense and find a weakness. The AFC West, who do you think they will study the most? Broncos of course because they have to knock us off to be division champs.

We need to have the offense be above average to repeat. Defense can take a small step back but offense needs to step up huge. Oz IMO is the best option to move forward with offense. He has a year in the system, he was groomed for the job by this team. Throwing a draft pick rookie into starting would ensure no repeat basically. There are no FA vets worthy of starting for us. Is Oz the answer, who knows, but he is the best option we have.

I also have heard a lot of broncos coming to his defense. Talib, CJ, Malik, Marshall have all talked about the confidence in him to run this offense. Malik said Oz has been under paid. I think it is safe to say he won over the locker room during his short stint as a starter.

Dead on post. The offense is a HUGE HUGE detriment to this team, right now. The defense has to be EXTRAORDINARY to make up the lack of offense, and that just can't be counted on to be repeated. We've seen great defenses in the past with weak offenses...where did they end up after winning the Super Bowl? If we want to remain contenders, we MUST improve the offense and that has to include Brock, imo.

TXBRONC
02-17-2016, 01:15 PM

Like Rav said, this is spot on.

dogfish
02-19-2016, 05:45 PM
looks like marshall just got the screws removed from his foot (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/19/broncos-brandon-marshall-has-screws-removed-from-foot/#comments)-- or at least most of them. . .

:defense:

Cugel
02-19-2016, 08:53 PM

1. Von Miller
2. Brandon Marshall
3. Danny Trevathan
4. Brock Osweiler
5. Malik Jackson
6. CJ Anderson
7. David Bruton
8. Whoever else

One can argue with the order, but not the list. All those guys are key contributors.

Other FAs, not in any special order:

Matt Paradis, ERFA. Because he's "exclusive rights" no other team can make an offer before the Broncos can re-sign him. I expect him to be back, but he'll cost considerably more than they were paying him.

Omar Bolden: He's a key contributor on special teams, and an invaluable backup S. The question is whether some other team wants to make him a starter and pay him accordingly. If so, then he's gone. If not, he could stick around.

Andre Caldwell: Caldwell just finished a 2 year deal worth $3 M. He caught 1 pass for 22 yards in the playoffs. They would have to replace him as a kick returner. He might not be back at all. Not a priority.

Antonio Smith: He's old at 34, but his $2 M is a low # and he could return especially if Malik Jackson does not. At best a 1 year rental.

Shiloh Keo: "Bub-bye!" Short term rental who failed his opportunity and now has off-field issues.

Jordan Norwood: Had that 61 yard punt return in the SB which was a key play. He earned $695,000 in 2015 and will want more $ this year.

Danny Trevathan: He only earned $550k and is worth at least $5 M per year, maybe significantly more. This is a key negotiation. It could easily be $7 M for a player like him, since comparable ILBs make that much. Carlos Dansby for instance gets $6 M / year.

Josh Bush: Like the rest of the Broncos secondary, Josh Bush is a talented player. He earned $660k last year and will be looking for a lot more. I imagine someone will give it to him, but I doubt it's the Broncos.

Brandon Marshall: RFA. He's going from $585k to around $5 M+ too. He's worth every penny.

Bennie Fowler: $465k UFA. He's a very nice #3 WR and I would expect him to stay and get a raise.

Brandon McManus: This is a problem McManus has been clutch, especially in the playoffs. There are 19 kickers in this league earning over $1 M per year. He deserves to be one of them. If the Broncos don't pay him someone else will and they'll be back to trying to find a reliable kicker. With this offense that stalls a lot and kicks lots of FGs and relies on the defense, they need a clutch kicker. So, this is important.

Vernon Davis: His $4 M will be better spent elsewhere. "Buh-Bye!"

Ronnie Hillman: 5 rushing attempts in the SB for Zero yards caps an unspectacular season. "Bub-bye!" If he was still under contract I'd say they bring him back and expect better production than 863 yards (4.2 yards / attempt) but the Broncos are not going to pay any more money for an UFA RB. You can pick up RBs in FA or the draft for not a lot of money. Let some other cap rich team hire Ronnie Hillman.

Cugel
02-19-2016, 09:01 PM
Dead on post. The offense is a HUGE HUGE detriment to this team, right now. The defense has to be EXTRAORDINARY to make up the lack of offense, and that just can't be counted on to be repeated. We've seen great defenses in the past with weak offenses...where did they end up after winning the Super Bowl? If we want to remain contenders, we MUST improve the offense and that has to include Brock, imo.

That's all true. The '86 Bears, the '92 Giants, the 2001 Ravens, the 2003 Bucs, the 2014 Seahawks- what do all those teams have in common? They won SBs with great defense, but none of them ever repeated.

To repeat you need an elite QB and a great defense.

Look at the teams that have won multiple SBs:

Patriots - Brady + great defense in those years when they won. Record setting Offense and bad defense in the 2 SBs they lost.

Steelers - Rothlisberger and great Steelers defenses.

Giants - Eli Manning played great in those years they won, PLUS awesome defense in both SBs with players like Michael Strahan and Justin Tuck.

Broncos - Elway plus that great Denver defense with Alfred Williams, Neil Smith, Steve Atwater & Co.

Cowboys - Troy Aikman + great Dallas defense with Leon Lett & Co.

In fact it's hard to find examples of multiple SB winning teams that did NOT have an All-Pro or Hall of Fame caliber QB.

TXBRONC
02-21-2016, 09:29 PM
That's all true. The '86 Bears, the '92 Giants, the 2001 Ravens, the 2003 Bucs, the 2014 Seahawks- what do all those teams have in common? They won SBs with great defense, but none of them ever repeated.

To repeat you need an elite QB and a great defense.

Look at the teams that have won multiple SBs:

Patriots - Brady + great defense in those years when they won. Record setting Offense and bad defense in the 2 SBs they lost.

Steelers - Rothlisberger and great Steelers defenses.

Giants - Eli Manning played great in those years they won, PLUS awesome defense in both SBs with players like Michael Strahan and Justin Tuck.

Broncos - Elway plus that great Denver defense with Alfred Williams, Neil Smith, Steve Atwater & Co.

Cowboys - Troy Aikman + great Dallas defense with Leon Lett & Co.

In fact it's hard to find examples of multiple SB winning teams that did NOT have an All-Pro or Hall of Fame caliber QB.

The Redskins won three Super Bowls with three that were not elite but they were great fits for Joe Gibbs' offense. The Raiders won two Super Bowls in four years with Jim Plunkett who had so so career. Right there is 1/10 of all Super Bowls played.