PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning's Legacy could be tarnished

Pages : [1] 2

Northman
02-13-2016, 01:45 PM
Here come the pitch forks.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-peyton-manning-squeaky-clean-image-built-lies-article-1.2530395?cid=bitly

Thirteen years ago, USA Today obtained 74 pages of explosive court documents on Peyton Manning, Archie Manning, the University of Tennessee, and Florida Southern College that revealed allegations of a sexual-assault scandal, cover up, and smear campaign of the victim that was so deep, so widespread and so ugly that it would've rocked the American sports world to its core. Yet USA Today never released those documents for reasons I can't explain.
Mel Antonen, now a baseball writer for Sports Illustrated, wrote about the documents for the paper on Nov. 3, 2003. Three days later, Christine Brennan, longtime sportswriter for USA Today wrote an op-ed about Peyton Manning and the documents entitled, “Do you really know your sports hero?” but the scandal pretty much died right there.

But as his career winds down, we're left to grapple with the reality that there is credible evidence that Peyton and the Manning family knowingly, willingly, wantonly ruined the good name and career of Dr. Jamie Naughright, a respected scholar, speaker, professor, and trainer of some of the best athletes in the world.
On the morning after Super Bowl 50, I posted a picture on my Facebook page of Cam Newton smiling and embracing Peyton Manning after the game and simply asked why that warm photo wasn't being talked about instead of Cam being frustrated at the post-game press conference. (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/cam-newton-joins-list-biggest-sore-losers-article-1.2524370) It has since been shared more than 234,000 times and seen by more than 20 million people. It now has nearly 6,000 comments, but on that morning, just one leaped out at me, which mentioned something to the effect of "Peyton sexually assaulted a girl in college."

ShaneFalco
02-13-2016, 01:46 PM
a college kid put his butt in someones face? no way...

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 01:49 PM

So being in college is an excuse for sitting your naked ass and balls on someone's face?

Northman
02-13-2016, 01:58 PM

Well, the article digs a little deeper and states that there was this conspiracy to smear this woman's name and have other players say that Manning was mooning him, etc. Whether or not its true is anyone's guess (probably is) but i found it funny that King would now try to use this as a response to the criticism of Cam for not behaving professionally after the SB loss. It would seem that King is somehow stating that because a guy like Cam got scrutinized for the laptop ordeal in college (and most likely stated it was because he was still a young kid) that now all of a sudden Manning is utter trash because of something he may have done in college also. The article just comes across as total race bait at this point as i highly doubt that King has done an article about Ray Lewis in 2000 and the shenanigans with all that. Its just comical the lengths some people will go in defense of another.

Northman
02-13-2016, 01:58 PM
So being in college is an excuse for sitting your naked ass and balls on someone's face?

"allegedly"

slim
02-13-2016, 02:03 PM

Yes.

:beer:

Poet
02-13-2016, 02:06 PM
Interesting.

slim
02-13-2016, 02:07 PM
BTB, lay down and close your eyes. I have a surprise for you.

TXBRONC
02-13-2016, 02:19 PM
I heard this somewhere before.

Dapper Dan
02-13-2016, 02:38 PM
I think what pisses me off most is that every time this comes up people act like it's been covered up for years.

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 02:40 PM
I would bet every penny I have that is this story were attached to Cam Newton instead of Peyton Manning, that he would not get defended by people NEARLY as much for it.

Dapper Dan
02-13-2016, 02:41 PM
Lucky for you, you can never find that out. Go bet your pennies.

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 02:44 PM
Lucky for you, you can never find that out. Go bet your pennies.

You know I'm right though. Newton would get absolutely blasted if the exact same story came out about him. You wouldn't see anyone saying "Oh it was just a college kid playing a prank!".

Dapper Dan
02-13-2016, 02:45 PM
You know I'm right though. Newton would get absolutely blasted if the exact same story came out about him. You wouldn't see anyone saying "Oh it was just a college kid playing a prank!".

It would probably be tied in with the fact he was paid to play football and he stole a laptop at Florida. That's how the world works. That's why the Patriots are labeled cheaters.

Ravage!!!
02-13-2016, 02:45 PM
I would bet every penny I have that is this story were attached to Cam Newton instead of Peyton Manning, that he would not get defended by people NEARLY as much for it.

So you mean that someone's history and repution has a tendency to sway people's opinion's and perspectives of you???? Noooo Way!!!!!!! Say it ain't so.

Dapper Dan
02-13-2016, 02:47 PM
So you mean that someone's history and repution has a tendency to sway people's opinion's and perspectives of you???? Noooo Way!!!!!!! Say it ain't so.

Racist.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-13-2016, 02:47 PM
Earth shattering, right? !

:laugh:

Ravage!!!
02-13-2016, 02:48 PM
I remember reading about this story years ago. He bent oover and stuck his butt in her face. She screams "sexual harrassment" and sues. Figures that she sues, as he's the biggest name to come out of college football and bound to be the top Pick in the NFL. A mooning. I find this to be ridiculous, and figur the author is either a Panthers fan...or more likely... a *patriots fan.

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 02:50 PM
I also would be willing to bet that if the people defending Manning had a daughter that the exact same thing happened to, they wouldn't be so quick to just laugh it off.

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 02:52 PM
I remember reading about this story years ago. He bent oover and stuck his butt in her face. She screams "sexual harrassment" and sues. Figures that she sues, as he's the biggest name to come out of college football and bound to be the top Pick in the NFL. A mooning. I find this to be ridiculous, and figur the author is either a Panthers fan...or more likely... a *patriots fan.

I mean, it literally is the textbook definition of sexual harrassment, if not sexual assault. It would be one thing if he just mooned her, but it's a totally different thing when the level of contact is made that was described.

Northman
02-13-2016, 02:52 PM
I also would be willing to bet that if the people defending Manning had a daughter that the exact same thing happened to, they wouldn't be so quick to just laugh it off.

Hard to say, i would have to seriously talk to my daughter and her fetish for sniffing a mans butthole.

silkamilkamonico
02-13-2016, 02:53 PM
Shaun King is a garbage journalist. I'm surprised he didn't squeeze the concept of racism into the title of the article somehow.

Northman
02-13-2016, 02:55 PM
Shaun King is a garbage journalist. I'm surprised he didn't squeeze the concept of racism into the title of the article somehow.

Oh, he tried no doubt about it.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-13-2016, 04:17 PM
1997 article

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Trainer Jamie Whited's sexual harassment claims against the Tennessee men's athletic department didn't begin when quarterback Peyton Manning "mooned" her in the locker room.

Records released Tuesday by the university suggest Ms. Whited, 28, endured a long list of slights, affronts, embarrassments and, possibly, threats within the Volunteer athletic complex dating to 1990.

She reached a $300,000 settlement with the university last week and agreed to resign. UT announced the agreement late Friday without disclosing the extent of her complaints.

President Joe Johnson confirmed Tuesday the settlement will be paid with revenues from the athletic department, not taxpayer dollars.

A UT investigation conducted after Ms. Whited filed the complaint last year verified at least four of her 33 claims involving athletes, trainers, coaches and administrators. It noted athletes or trainers received some form of discipline in other cases.

But the report also contained some denials and memory lapses by Ms. Whited's colleagues and administrators. In those cases, investigators reached no conclusion and dismissed the claims as vague or too general.

Investigators concluded "both parties share responsibility for the current environment."

"Ms. Whited often sent mixed messages about matters complained of in her allegations in that she herself exhibited similar behavior or did not make clear that she found particular conduct to be offensive," the report said.

rest - http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/1997/08/20/oth_213271.shtml#.Vr-cZ08hfwp

Slick
02-13-2016, 04:23 PM

I would have just punched him in his 21 year old face. No lawsuit necessary.

ShaneFalco
02-13-2016, 04:33 PM
Shaun king isnt even a journalist. dude was a black lives matter tweeter.

ShaneFalco
02-13-2016, 04:34 PM
KING:RACIAL DOUBLE STANDARD BETWEEN CAM NEWTON AND PEYTON MANNING

lol

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 05:08 PM
Did you actually read the entire article, Shane? There is some pretty damming stuff against the Manning family in there. Like Archie trying to discredit her for allegedly sleeping around with a bunch of black guys. Literally his words.

ShaneFalco
02-13-2016, 05:20 PM
read it years ago.

And not going to bother reading Shaun Kings version of it. Guy is a fraud.

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 05:22 PM
read it years ago.

And not going to bother reading Shaun Kings version of it. Guy is a fraud.

There is a lot of stuff in this article that didn't come out years ago. And basically the entire article his him transcribing court docs. But if you want to bury your head in the sand, more power to you.

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 05:25 PM
This is an actual quote from a judge, not King's spin:

"Even if the plaintiff is a public figure, the evidence of record contains sufficient evidence to satisfy the court that a genuine issue of material fact exists that would allow a jury to find, by clear and convincing evidence, the existence of actual malice of the part of the defendants.

"Specifically, there is evidence of record, substantial enough to suggest that the defendants knew that the passages in question were false, or acted in reckless disregard of their falsity. There is evidence of record to suggest that there were obvious reasons to doubt the veracity of Peyton Manning's account of the incident in question. The court further finds that there is sufficient evidence to permit the conclusion that the defendants entertained serious doubts as to the truth of the passages in this case."

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 05:33 PM
From reading the court docs (again, this is what people said under oath, not this writer's spin) it pretty much seems like the only two people who were buying Peyton's side of the story were Peyton and Archie, and that pretty much everyone else (including many of Peyton's teammates at Tennessee) took the trainer's side.

I just find it pretty comical that people are just outright refusing to even entertain the notion that Peyton could be even the slightest bit guilty of anything in this matter. I guess doing a bunch of commercials and pushing out a good public image for yourself gives you a lot of equity in the public eye.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-13-2016, 05:34 PM
From the article I posted, which was dated not too long after this first came out -

She had 33 claims involving athletes, trainers, coaches and administrators.

underrated29
02-13-2016, 05:39 PM
Perhaps I missed something...

But who freaking cares what a 20 something college did, 20 something years ago?

Did that help him win football games?
Did he win the SB once or twice because he tea bagged a girl?
Did the dipping of his strawberries allow him to break all of the passing records?

Oh..., whats that? They didnt? Then who fcking cares.

ShaneFalco
02-13-2016, 05:40 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/peyton-manning-newest-target-of-fake-internet-outrage-brigade-021316

Denver Native (Carol)
02-13-2016, 05:46 PM
from article - written today

Now that Peyton Manning has won his second Super Bowl and potentially will be walking off into the sunset, the same 74-page document has been sent to the New York Daily News.

The ensuing #longread from Shaun King of the Daily News is at times hard to follow, as it attempts to summarize most of the 74 pages in chronological order. Also, King’s article displays a clear anti-Peyton bias, and more than a little melodrama. This #notaslongread item comes from the 74-page document itself, which has been published in full by the Daily News.

Before going any farther, it’s important to understand what the 74-page document is, and what it isn’t. The 74-page document is a piece of advocacy. The 74-page document is something that was written by the lawyers representing Jamie Ann Naughright in her defamation case against the Mannings. The 74-page document is, necessarily, one-sided.

The 74-page document is not objective. The 74-page document is not supposed to be objective. The 74-page document is not a court order or any other decision made by a neutral party. And, ultimately, the 74-page document is incomplete without comparing it to the corresponding “Facts of the Case” document submitted by the defendants in the case.

full article by Mike Florio
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/13/release-of-13-year-old-court-document-dusts-off-peyton-manning-incident-at-tennessee/

turftoad
02-13-2016, 05:58 PM
From the article I posted, which was dated not too long after this first came out -

She had 33 claims involving athletes, trainers, coaches and administrators.

Also this from the article:
"Ms. Whited often sent mixed messages about matters complained of in her allegations in that she herself exhibited similar behavior or did not make clear that she found particular conduct to be offensive," the report said.

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 05:58 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/peyton-manning-newest-target-of-fake-internet-outrage-brigade-021316

So you bitch about a guy posting a biased article and you respond with something written by Clay Travis? :lol:

Guess that doesn't matter if his bias matches yours, huh?

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 06:00 PM

Even if you want to debate what Manning did or didn't do in that locker room, the fact that Peyton not once but twice broke a court order not to discuss the case, and wound up ruining her career because of it is a pretty crummy thing of him to do. And he did this when he was an established NFL QB, not just a young immature college kid.

underrated29
02-13-2016, 06:10 PM
Even if you want to debate what Manning did or didn't do in that locker room, the fact that Peyton not once but twice broke a court order not to discuss the case, and wound up ruining her career because of it is a pretty crummy thing of him to do. And he did this when he was an established NFL QB, not just a young immature college kid.

And Ray rice does not allow women to ride elevators
Greg Hardy has a vision problem and mistakes women for punching bags.
Adrain Peterson likes to literally whip his kids asses
Antonio Cromartie has 11 kids with 10 different women
Rey Lewis stabbed a dude to death

All of them were established NFL players, not just young immature college kids.

At this very moment I am sure there is some college kid right now teabagging a girl, her coffee, his roomates pillow. It all comes back to who cares?

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 06:13 PM
And Ray rice does not allow women to ride elevators
Greg Hardy has a vision problem and mistakes women for punching bags.
Adrain Peterson likes to literally whip his kids asses
Antonio Cromartie has 11 kids with 10 different women
Rey Lewis stabbed a dude to death

All of them were established NFL players, not just young immature college kids.

At this very moment I am sure there is some college kid right now teabagging a girl, her coffee, his roomates pillow. It all comes back to who cares?

If I had a daughter and someone was teabagging her against her will, I'm betting I would care.

aberdien
02-13-2016, 06:16 PM
I think what pisses me off most is that every time this comes up people act like it's been covered up for years.

Yeah I really don't even care if this tarnishes Peyton's legacy tbh, but it's not breaking news...

aberdien
02-13-2016, 06:16 PM

This is spot on though.

underrated29
02-13-2016, 06:17 PM
If I had a daughter and someone was teabagging her against her will, I'm betting I would care.

Probably so. And if I had a daughter and she was not allowed to be conscious for her elevator rides I would care too. But Twenty years after the fact I am not going to bring it up and...........and I am not even sure what the point of all this is. Which is why I keep saying who cares. It happened 20 years ago. Does not the statute of limitations prohibit something like this.

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 06:19 PM
Probably so. And if I had a daughter and she was not allowed to be conscious for her elevator rides I would care too. But Twenty years after the fact I am not going to bring it up and...........and I am not even sure what the point of all this is. Which is why I keep saying who cares. It happened 20 years ago. Does not the statute of limitations prohibit something like this.

I honestly don't think the story would have ever come up again if Peyton and Archie didn't keep dragging her through the mud years later. He would have been smart just to shut up and never say another word about it.

turftoad
02-13-2016, 06:28 PM

"She had 33 claims involving athletes, trainers, coaches and administrators".

Sounds like she might have been a nut case and did a lot of accusing of things that may not or may not have happened.
If she accused me of something that was consensual, or didn't happen, I'd probably still be pissed too.

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 06:30 PM

Sounds like she might have been a nut case and did a lot of accusing of things that may not or may not have happened.
If she accused me of something that was consensual, or didn't happen, I'd probably still be pissed too.

Then why are pretty much all of Manning's teammates who were in the locker room and saw the incident taking her side? I've yet to see any of his teammates rushing to his defense on this.

And even if she was a nut case, I don't think that means she deserved to have a guy's dick on her face against her will.

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 06:37 PM

Also, the original article posted in this thread paints a much different picture:

While serving as the Director of Health and Wellness, Naughright also was the head trainer for Tennessee's track and field program, which includes cross country, indoor, and outdoor athletics. In that position she hired and trained 25 staff members, oversaw all medical care for every track and field athlete, served as the medical director for large events, coordinated annual physicals and supervised weekly drug testing. So many athletes — which would eventually include medal-winning Olympians — developed such a deep respect for Dr. Naughright that she would be requested to travel with them to international events and world championships.

When Naughright finally left the University of Tennessee it was both heartbreaking and a great relief. She was hired to be an assistant professor and the program director of the Athletic Education Training Program at Florida Southern College. For more than three years she served Florida Southern with great distinction. She received, according to the court documents, regular raises, outstanding reviews, and was credited for helping grow the program in measurable ways.

Jill Griffin, the head of the Metropolitan Drug Commission in Knoxville, who was also on the trip, roomed with Naughright and spent a great deal of time with her, testified that she never heard Naughright say a vulgar word over the entire history of them knowing each other and, furthermore, that she never heard her calling students by vulgar names. In fact, Griffin testified that Naughright was exceedingly professional at all times with the students (see pages 30-33).

While not personal friends, Griffin and Naughright worked together on the drug commission for over three years. She testified that she was an "excellent board member," and that she "had a good reputation in the Knoxville community and on the Metropolitan Drug Commission."

According to the records, attorneys for Naughright drilled person after person, staff member after staff member, asking them to identify an instance where they heard Naughright use vulgar language. Not a single person could do so. One after another, those who claimed she was promiscuous admitted under oath that they didn't have any evidence to support such claims. Instead, everyone, to the person, claimed they had just heard such charges from somebody who heard from somebody that it might be true (see pages 37-40). No one with firsthand knowledge testified to her ever being vulgar or having sexual relationships with student athletes.

In fact, the opposite was true.

Lawrence Johnson, an Olympic silver medalist and gold medalist at the World Indoor Games, testified at great length to the character, compassion, professionalism, and overall amazing nature of Dr. Jamie Naughright (see pages 42-43). He testified that he believed he had attended at least 80 different local, national, and international events with her and that he had not heard her a single vulgar word in the 10 years he had known and worked with her. He testified that she was "professional and proper" in her conduct, appearance, and demeanor. He went on testify how she came to check on him at his bedside after surgeries and traveled with him to meets all over the world to ensure his peak performance.

turftoad
02-13-2016, 06:46 PM
Then why are pretty much all of Manning's teammates who were in the locker room and saw the incident taking her side? I've yet to see any of his teammates rushing to his defense on this.

And even if she was a nut case, I don't think that means she deserved to have a guy's dick on her face against her will.

After 20 yrs I'm sure his teammates could care less anymore, and of the 33 claims it just may have been the least offensive. Who knows, who cares at this point.

turftoad
02-13-2016, 06:48 PM
Also, the original article posted in this thread paints a much different picture:

So she was a good person and good at her job.
She also had 33 claims involving athletes, trainers, coaches and administrators. Something fishy is going on here.

slim
02-13-2016, 07:31 PM
BTW wants Peyton's head on a platter.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-13-2016, 07:54 PM

And Mike Florio explains what is wrong with that article -

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/13/release-of-13-year-old-court-document-dusts-off-peyton-manning-incident-at-tennessee/

TXBRONC
02-13-2016, 07:57 PM
It's twenty years old and has already hashed out. It's over period.

TXBRONC
02-13-2016, 07:58 PM
After 20 yrs I'm sure his teammates could care less anymore, and of the 33 claims it just may have been the least offensive. Who knows, who cares at this point.

Who cares at this point? No one that matters.

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 08:03 PM
And Mike Florio explains what is wrong with that article -

Fair enough. I'm not necessarily saying we should rake Peyton back over the coals and destroy his legacy over this, I just find it interesting how much of a pass he is getting as opposed to how the reaction might be if it were a player who weren't as revered as Peyton is. It's like people want so badly for this not to be true they are just totally disregarding anything coming from the opposing side.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-13-2016, 08:08 PM
Fair enough. I'm not necessarily saying we should rake Peyton back over the coals and destroy his legacy over this, I just find it interesting how much of a pass he is getting as opposed to how the reaction might be if it were a player who weren't as revered as Peyton is. It's like people want so badly for this not to be true they are just totally disregarding anything coming from the opposing side.

How many times has a story that is 20 years surfaced about another well known athlete? I also read that the jerk who wrote the article which started this thread, was upset because of the stuff being written about Newton. EXCUSE ME - what Newton did do, is still doing, is current, not 20 years ago.

slim
02-13-2016, 08:10 PM

It was all hashed out long ago...if there was anything to it, it would have been dealt with.

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 08:10 PM
How many times has a story that is 20 years surfaced about another well known athlete? I also read that the jerk who wrote the article which started this thread, was upset because of the stuff being written about Newton. EXCUSE ME - what Newton did do, is still doing, is current, not 20 years ago.

To be fair, and I said this earlier in the thread, the reaction would be WAY different if this were something Newton were accused of doing, even if the facts were exactly the same as they are in Manning's case.

slim
02-13-2016, 08:12 PM
I'm a little surprise Cam hasn't file charges against Harris for showing him his ass at the post game presser.

TXBRONC

It's not giving him pass. It's 20 years and has already been dealt with.

BroncoWave
It was all hashed out long ago...if there was anything to it, it would have been dealt with.

I'm not even saying more should come of it. I'm just not going to blindly defend him and proclaim there is no chance that he did anything wrong. To me, it seems like he did something wrong. I'm not going to harp on it much more though, I still love him as a football player for what he did for the Broncos. I don't need all my players to be boy scouts.

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 08:13 PM
I'm a little surprise Cam hasn't file charges against Harris for showing him his ass at the post game presser.

Or Von for the flat out assault that was unleashed on him for 60 minutes.

turftoad
02-13-2016, 08:15 PM
To be fair, and I said this earlier in the thread, the reaction would be WAY different if this were something Newton were accused of doing, even if the facts were exactly the same as they are in Manning's case.

Right now? Yeah. 20 Yrs ago? No. Things were way different 20 yrs ago. Plus, Cam was only 6 yrs old 20 yrs ago. I don't think anyone would think twice if Cam was t bagging someone at 6 years of age.��

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 08:17 PM
Right now? Yeah. 20 Yrs ago? No. Things were way different 20 yrs ago. Plus, Cam was only 6 yrs old 20 yrs ago. I don't think anyone would think twice if Cam was t bagging someone at 6 years of age.��

I'd be careful discussing 6 year olds and teabagging online. This guy might ask you to take a seat over there. :D

http://www.trbimg.com/img-55272305/turbine/la-et-ct-chris-hansen-predator-crowdfunding-20-003/650/650x366

BroncoNut
02-13-2016, 08:21 PM
I don't like your tone wave. I'll be honest, I'm really starting to wonder whose side it is that you're on

slim
02-13-2016, 08:22 PM
I don't like your tone wave. I'll be honest, I'm really starting to wonder whose side it is that you're on

He has his pitchfork fired up and ready to go.

Young minds are so easily influenced.

turftoad
02-13-2016, 08:29 PM

I think he took a bleeding heart pill today!

BroncoNut
02-13-2016, 08:31 PM

Its disturbing. We might have to pay a visit to West Virginia to shut his ass up.

Oh and We never had this conversation

BroncoNut
02-13-2016, 08:32 PM
I think he took a bleeding heart pill today!

More like a bleeding vagina pill

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 08:32 PM
Its disturbing. We might have to pay a visit to West Virginia to shut his ass up.

Oh and We never had this conversation

Trust me, you don't want to go to West Virginia!

BroncoNut
02-13-2016, 08:34 PM
Trust me, you don't want to go to West Virginia!

I've been there skiing and gambling. It's beautiful country. While i was there i noticed there were a lot of places to bury bodies

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 08:35 PM
I've been there skiing and gambling. It's beautiful country. While i was there i noticed there were a lot of places to bury bodies

Where did you go skiing?

BroncoNut
02-13-2016, 08:36 PM
Where did you go skiing?
Canaan valley

BroncoNut
02-13-2016, 08:37 PM
Where did you go skiing?

Went skiing yesterday in pa

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 08:49 PM
Canaan valley

Cool. That's about an hour or so from where I currently am. Really nice area.

BroncoNut
02-13-2016, 08:51 PM
So you'd sit fine with someone teabag ginger your daughter if it was not against her will?

BroncoNut
02-13-2016, 08:52 PM
Cool. That's about an hour or so from where I currently am. Really nice area.

Been there a few times now. Always a pleasant experience

Shazam!
02-13-2016, 08:53 PM
This is the NAACP coming after the white boy for beating the black super hero.

Timmy!
02-13-2016, 08:56 PM
Maybe I should bump the tea bagging thread.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-13-2016, 10:54 PM
How ironic the jackass who wrote the article is casting stones about legacies built by deception. He's a race bating black panther sympathizer and should be beaten with a rod.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-13-2016, 10:55 PM
This is the NAACP coming after the white boy for beating the black super hero.

He's much worst than the NAACP.

Joel
02-13-2016, 11:23 PM
Hear, hear! EVERYONE who's EVER administered an "atomic situp" should IMMEDIATELY be imprisoned and registered as a sex offender FOR LIFE.

Old news that's always been a tempest in a teapot.

In other words, hijinks common in locker rooms happened in one, and she "committed" as many as anyone. That mean she sexually harassed the whole team?

Joel
02-13-2016, 11:36 PM
Perhaps I missed something...

But who freaking cares what a 20 something college did, 20 something years ago?

Did that help him win football games?
Did he win the SB once or twice because he tea bagged a girl?
Did the dipping of his strawberries allow him to break all of the passing records?

Oh..., whats that? They didnt? Then who fcking cares.
No, if he ACTUALLY sexually assaulted someone, that would matter, just like a pair of SB Rings doesn't let Roethlisberger off the hook for sneaking into a bar ladies room to forcibly have a sex with a drunk woman while his cronies guarded the door to ensure there were no witnesses. But sticking ones bare ass in someone face is a common, if digusting and juvenile, prank indulged by tens of millions of junior high and HS kids all over America: It's definitely NOT sexual assault.

Maybe in the minds of people who genuinely believe there are tens of millions of repeat-rapists merrily raping their way around the US while no one offers anything but excuses for them, but not in like, REALITY. It's not OK, and it is disappointing Manning hadn't matured far more by the time he was in college, but it's neither shocking nor scandalous.

Guys have been doing this kind of stuff to GUYS in locker rooms so often for so long it was one of the main arguments raised against having women in there in ANY capacity: Because the same old disgusting juvenile shenanigans would continue AS THEY HAVE FOR CENTURIES, but THIS time a WOMAN would be involved, so suddenly there'd be rape and sexual harassment accusations flying left and right.

Von Miller rubbed his nuts in Tom Bradys face during a sack less than a month ago: Brady should TOTALLY file a sexual harassment suit. :rolleyes:

Valar Morghulis
02-14-2016, 02:32 AM

I am not sure how I feel about all this yet

Dapper Dan
02-14-2016, 09:18 AM
He's getting such a pass :lol:

Just check out the 2 top stories in the NFL subreddit. See how many up votes and how much reddit gold they get.

Dapper Dan
02-14-2016, 09:19 AM

Dzone
02-14-2016, 09:28 AM
Just look at the articles this anti american douchebag has written in the past. He probably has a lot of friends over at al jazeera

BroncoWave
02-14-2016, 09:45 AM

You just kinda disproved your point that Manning isn't getting a pass by posting this. So ESPN is banning their anchors from talking about it, yet he isn't getting a pass? That's about as big of a pass as you can get.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-14-2016, 10:03 AM
Just look at the articles this anti american douchebag has written in the past. He probably has a lot of friends over at al jazeera

Like I said. .he's the one getting a pass. Nobody with white supremacist ties would get away with his crap.

Shazam!
02-14-2016, 10:23 AM

Northman
02-14-2016, 12:03 PM
I honestly don't think the story would have ever come up again if Peyton and Archie didn't keep dragging her through the mud years later. He would have been smart just to shut up and never say another word about it.

Manning didnt bring it up, Shaun King did. The book that was written was written back in 2003.

Northman
02-14-2016, 12:05 PM

Having that many claims does raise a red flag. Not that its proof that Manning did nothing but maybe, just maybe she was going out of her to put herself in a position where something could happen so that she could file a lawsuit. I was always under the impression that the Manning incident was the only thing she was involved with.

BroncoWave
02-14-2016, 01:38 PM
Manning didnt bring it up, Shaun King did. The book that was written was written back in 2003.

Yes, and 2003 was several years after the incident took place. If Manning never mentions it again after 1996, this probably never pops up again. More of his article was about the sabotage the Mannings did to this woman's career in 2003 than it was about what actually took place in 1996 in the locker room. Had Manning left well enough alone in 2003, I don't think this story ever really sees the light of day again.

artie_dale
02-14-2016, 02:26 PM
Same lady?

http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/11/12/31788.htm

MANHATTAN (CN) - An athletic trainer says she was injured by a "quack" physical therapist, who performed his brand of "healing services" in the bedroom of fashion designer Donna Karan Weiss. She claims the man herniated a spinal disc and broke her jaw.
Jamie Naughright says she allowed Stephen Robbins to work on her in Karan's home at 55 Central Park West, and that Karan had converted her bedroom to look like a physical therapy room for the occasion.

Northman
02-14-2016, 02:41 PM
Same lady?

http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/11/12/31788.htm

Yes

Naughright filed a sexual harassment lawsuit in 1996 against University of Tennessee, where she used to work as a trainer. Naughright claimed, among other things, that Peyton Manning - before he became a star quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts - put his "naked butt and rectum" on her face.

Northman
02-14-2016, 02:43 PM
Sounds like she has a long history of bringing lawsuits, as someone else pointed out it sounds very fishy in regards to her own conduct. I think its fair to say she is probably more of the problem than the people she is suing every other year.

Nomad
02-14-2016, 02:47 PM
This isn't Shaun King, the former NFL QB? If so, when did he get into gossip?

BroncoWave
02-14-2016, 02:53 PM
This isn't Shaun King, the former NFL QB? If so, when did he get into gossip?

Different Shaun King. Also, since when is 74 pages of court documents with sworn witness testimony "gossip"?

Northman
02-14-2016, 02:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14776509/lawsuit-alleges-peyton-manning-tennessee-athletes-created-hostile-sexual-environment?sf20914710=1

There have been several sexual assault complaints made against Tennessee student-athletes over the past four years. The lawsuit against Tennessee names 10 players, including former football players Manning, A.J. Johnson and Michael Williams. The latter two were indicted on aggravated rape charges in February 2015 and have separate trial dates this summer.The suit was filed by David Randolph Smith, a lawyer representing six unidentified plaintiffs, against the University of Tennessee and the director of the office of student conduct and community standards. No individuals were named as defendants in the complaint.

The suit also states that Tim Rogers, a former vice chancellor for student life, stepped down in 2013 "in protest over the violation of Title IX and the UT administration's and athletic department's deliberate indifference to the clear and present danger of sexual assaults by UT athletes."

Bill Ramsey, a lawyer representing the school, said in a statement the university "acted lawfully and in good faith" in the situations outlined in the complaint. Ramsey said the school "has devoted significant time and energy to provide a safe environment for our students, to educate and raise awareness about sexual assault and to encourage students to come forward and report sexual assault."

Tned
02-14-2016, 03:17 PM
If Manning really did this and it was buried (will probably never know for sure about the original incident, since the act was a he said/she said) by the Mannings or University, then I have no problem with the light of day being shined on it. I do have a problem with an activist journalist getting the ball rolling by making facebook/twitter posts and articles about how racist every one is for showing pictures of Cam storming out of his presser rather than showing him at midfield congratulating Manning.

Now, in my mind, these are two separate issues. The activist journalist is despicable (new word I learned today, thanks you know who) for trying to trash Manning, because he didn't like how Cam's own actions were reported, BUT if there was a coverup and this guys Cam defense/Manning trashing brought a whistelblower forward, I think letting the facts be shown and stand is ok.

I didn't have time to read threw the very long article that blowhard wrote, because I was in a rush and it was clearly a hit piece on Manning. So, a few questions.

Was this 74 page document a sealed document, such as part of a settlement?

If it wasn't sealed, how come it took someone emailing a secret copy of it to reporter? Wasn't it public record?

ShaneFalco
02-14-2016, 07:36 PM

Hawgdriver
02-14-2016, 08:33 PM

You seem to base your opinion on the facts as related in the King article. That would be like going to court and allowing only one side to present their case.

BroncoWave
02-14-2016, 08:57 PM
You seem to base your opinion on the facts as related in the King article. That would be like going to court and allowing only one side to present their case.

If someone can provide something from the other side with witnesses who totally back up Manning's side of the story, I will happily acknowledge it.

turftoad
02-15-2016, 10:49 AM
If someone can provide something from the other side with witnesses who totally back up Manning's side of the story, I will happily acknowledge it.

Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

turftoad
02-15-2016, 11:09 AM
Article from PFT:

“The guy that wrote this story for the New York Daily News, he’s not a journalist,” Whitlock said. “He’s a race hustler from Twitter, from the Black Lives Matter movement who stirs racial controversy to elevate himself. Listen, the guy’s been busted. First of all, he’s white and presenting himself as black. He said that as a child in high school he was allegedly attacked by a group of white people because he was black. Well, he wasn’t black and there were people saying that wasn’t why he was attacked and there’s no proof of it. He said that it was the first hate crime in Kentucky or whatever.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/15/whitlock-calls-out-shaun-king-not-the-quarterback/

Ravage!!!
02-15-2016, 11:15 AM

It's never been "innocent in the public eye" though. Anytime people are accused, there are many that just assume that it's 'real.' "They wouldnt' be going through all this trouble if it didn't really happen"...or some other form of justification. The problem is, that's usually the thought process of someone that is young, or has never witnessed/experienced the very true facts on how often the prosecutors will bring up charges against innocents, or how often people file trumped up charges purely on the guess of being paid off just to "make it go away." It's much more common than most know, or more common than most want to admit/believe.

In the public eye, people are guilty until they prove themselves innocent. WHich is why these suites exist.

Ravage!!!
02-15-2016, 11:16 AM
Article from PFT:

“The guy that wrote this story for the New York Daily News, he’s not a journalist,” Whitlock said. “He’s a race hustler from Twitter, from the Black Lives Matter movement who stirs racial controversy to elevate himself. Listen, the guy’s been busted. First of all, he’s white and presenting himself as black. He said that as a child in high school he was allegedly attacked by a group of white people because he was black. Well, he wasn’t black and there were people saying that wasn’t why he was attacked and there’s no proof of it. He said that it was the first hate crime in Kentucky or whatever.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/15/whitlock-calls-out-shaun-king-not-the-quarterback/

Hah.. wow. Credibility there. It's what you get when you get people having access to the internet, writing stories, with no journalism training or expertise in how to write and back up a legitimate story.

Whitlock said on Dan Patrick.. (quoting from memory of the interview..not word for word) "We have become so loose today. We accept stories that have zero credence because there has been zero research to back any claims or facts up...and people accept it."

BroncoWave
02-15-2016, 12:19 PM

I never said he was definitely guilty. But I'm also not going to bury my head in the sand because he's a likeable guy. I just think it's ridiculous that people are just flat out ignoring witness testimony that was given under oath because they don't like the guy who presented the article. And I think it's even more ridiculous that people are saying it's not a big deal because it happened 20 years ago.

I would love to hear his side of the story and hear from witnesses who backup him up, because I really would hate for it to be true. If everything alleged is true from the incident to how he ruined her career after, that would make Manning a giant ass hole.

Davii
02-15-2016, 01:11 PM
This matter has been settled, twice. Once by Tennessee when it happened and again by Peyton after he foolishly let it be in a book. This is nothing more than something being rehashed again by a jerk with zero credibility.

This is a non story and will have zero impact on Peyton's legacy.

Northman
02-15-2016, 01:28 PM
Article from PFT:

Its really sad that people like this exist. Whats even sadder is that he is trending all over FB. :tsk:

mouthofsouth
02-15-2016, 01:47 PM
I have heard about this for years. It is not new news. What is new is Shaun King's anger about the bad publicity that Cam Newton has been receiving since the Super Bowl. Check into King. He has some skeletons in his closet himself including misuse of funds with Black Lives Matter. Not defending Peyton in what he did when in that locker room. It was wrong. I have said often though, most people grow up and change for the better. Certainly he has. There is not a person alive on the earth that does not have things in their past they would rather never came out. But God put us on this earth to overcome our flaws. At the time this incident happened, Tennessee had a lot to lose if Peyton got into real trouble. So they did try to play it down and settled with the trainer when she sued. Of course after she sued the university, she could not remain in their employ. Peyton has said in the past that his attitude at the time was that he did not think that women belonged in the men's locker room, in any role. A male athletic locker room is a rough place. Men are walking around naked, use rough language and coarsely kid around. With a woman around, they feel stifled. Note that he was naked on the table. She walks in because she had free access to the locker room, and started examining his foot while he was on the table naked. This irked Peyton and he pulled this prank. Not the wisest or nicest thing to do, but, once again, he was little more than a teenager at the time. The Peyton of today would not do such a stupid thing and has handled himself with class for many years. Even so, he is still not perfect, (nor is anyone) and he would be the first to tell us that.

OB
02-15-2016, 01:51 PM
That was kind of a dic* move on peytons part :pound:

Denver Native (Carol)
02-15-2016, 02:53 PM
Article from PFT:

Thanks for posting. I read the whole article - very interesting stuff

LoyalSoldier
02-15-2016, 03:40 PM
Article from PFT:

lol if anyone has been following the nonsense with Shaun King they will know he is one of the least trustworthy people.

He's was part of the Black Lives Matter movement for a while and despite what you may or may not think of them, there has been a lot of shady things going on with King. First of all it has come to light that he claims to be mixed race, but several pieces of evidence such as his birth certificate have put doubt on this claim. The people listed on the birth certificate are completely white and he has changed his story several times as new evidence has come out to discredit many of his stories. He actually had received a black only scholarship for college and if it is true that he is not black at all this means he took scholarship money that was intended to help out poor black kids to get into college.

In addition even with respect to BLM there was an incident like this

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/16/where-did-all-the-money-shaun-king-raised-for-black-lives-go.html

To the point where BLM has somewhat excommunicated him. Overall King is sketchy as all hell and even people who generally agree with BLM have started to distance themselves from him.

Northman
02-15-2016, 03:45 PM
lol if anyone has been following the nonsense with Shaun King they will know he is one of the least trustworthy people.

He's was part of the Black Lives Matter movement for a while and despite what you may or may not think of them, there has been a lot of shady things going on with King. First of all it has come to light that he claims to be mixed race, but several pieces of evidence such as his birth certificate have put doubt on this claim. The people listed on the birth certificate are completely white and he has changed his story several times as new evidence has come out to discredit many of his stories. He actually had received a black only scholarship for college and if it is true that he is not black at all this means he took scholarship money that was intended to help out poor black kids to get into college.

In addition even with respect to BLM there was an incident like this

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/16/where-did-all-the-money-shaun-king-raised-for-black-lives-go.html

To the point where BLM has somewhat excommunicated him. Overall King is sketchy as all hell and even people who generally agree with BLM have started to distance themselves from him.

Dang.... this sounds a lot like that woman who did the same thing not too long ago.

LoyalSoldier
02-15-2016, 03:54 PM
Dang.... this sounds a lot like that woman who did the same thing not too long ago.

That's why he's been called the "Male Rachel Dolezal" because he's been suspected of doing the exact same thing. This is supposedly a picture of him when he was a kid

And even if he turns out to be mixed race and the people reporting were wrong, there are still a huge number of sketchy things about the dude.

TXBRONC
02-15-2016, 06:44 PM
How ironic the jackass who wrote the article is casting stones about legacies built by deception. He's a race bating black panther sympathizer and should be beaten with a rod.

That was descriptive. :lol:

BroncoJoe
02-15-2016, 06:53 PM
I never said he was definitely guilty. But I'm also not going to bury my head in the sand because he's a likeable guy. I just think it's ridiculous that people are just flat out ignoring witness testimony that was given under oath because they don't like the guy who presented the article. And I think it's even more ridiculous that people are saying it's not a big deal because it happened 20 years ago.

I would love to hear his side of the story and hear from witnesses who backup him up, because I really would hate for it to be true. If everything alleged is true from the incident to how he ruined her career after, that would make Manning a giant ass hole.

Honestly, I'm "kind of" with you on your train of thought, but you come across as someone who would lick their chops if something bad came out.

I give King as much credibility as a meth-head prostitute who claims rape, after collecting her 10 bucks for a blowjob.

He is baiting, and trying to generate clicks on a 20 year old story while only using the accusers account of what happened. In the immortal words of TJR, it's despicable what King has done.

BroncoWave
02-15-2016, 06:57 PM
Honestly, I'm "kind of" with you on your train of thought, but you come across as someone who would lick their chops if something bad came out.

I give King as much credibility as a meth-head prostitute who claims rape, after collecting her 10 bucks for a blowjob.

He is baiting, and trying to generate clicks on a 20 year old story while only using the accusers account of what happened. In the immortal words of TJR, it's despicable what King has done.

The strength of my reaction to this has more to do with the utter dismissal of the story by everyone on here than it has to do with how I feel about Manning. Refer to the "should Manning be in the RoF" thread to see me vigorously defending him in recent days.

I 100% don't want the story to be true, and as I said, I would love to see testimony from people who back up Manning's side of the story.

BroncoJoe
02-15-2016, 07:02 PM
The strength of my reaction to this has more to do with the utter dismissal of the story by everyone on here than it has to do with how I feel about Manning. Refer to the "should Manning be in the RoF" thread to see me vigorously defending him in recent days.

I 100% don't want the story to be true, and as I said, I would love to see testimony from people who back up Manning's side of the story.

I'm just telling you how you've come across. At least to me, and I'd guess many others since several have kind of called you out on your position.

She settled. The case is closed. Manning probably won't reopen this door, because it has absolutely zero benefit - regardless of what actually happened.

Ultimately, that’s the one thing that this case never received: A trial in open court. The parties chose to settle the case before that could happen, making it necessarily impossible to make a clear decision as to what did or didn’t happen. Whatever King’s motivations, he helped set an inaccurate narrative by presenting the allegations contained in the document released on Saturday not as accusations but as undeniable fact.

BroncoWave
02-15-2016, 07:08 PM
I'm just telling you how you've come across. At least to me, and I'd guess many others since several have kind of called you out on your position.

She settled. The case is closed. Manning probably won't reopen this door, because it has absolutely zero benefit - regardless of what actually happened.

FWIW, the more I am reading the more shaky her story is looking. Like I said, my aim here is more to challenge people who simply refuse to even consider the possibility that something shady could have gone down more than it is to bash Manning. I would much rather Peyton be remembered for going out on top in Denver than for a stupid thing he did in college. But if he really did do that stupid thing in college, I don't think he should get a pass for it either.

mouthofsouth
02-15-2016, 07:27 PM
I found it strange today on First Take that Skip Bayless admitted he had heard this story before, while Stephen A. said he had never heard this story. Everyone has heard this story. It is old stuff. When I first read it in Peyton's book I thought, "Gee, Peyton, that was a dumb thing to do." And when I heard that she was suing him after the book came out because he violated the confidentiality agreement, I thought once again, "Dumb, Peyton." I am one of Peyton's biggest fans, but I realize people do dumb and even wrong things. Everybody has. I certainly have. Have you? But I do not believe a few dumb acts in our lives define who we are. It is our overall life that counts, and who we progress to be, not some bad mistakes we made when we were young.

Nomad
02-15-2016, 07:31 PM
I can honestly say, I never heard of this story before reading this thread. It's meh for me.

Hawgdriver
02-15-2016, 08:32 PM

There is a school of thought that to ignore an attack is to avoid legitimizing it. That seems what the Manning camp has elected to do.

I'm sure Peyton isn't an angel. Few with his fire are. I like what he does with his platform.

It would be interesting to know ground truth on this matter, but I won't lose sleep if I don't find out.

pulse
02-15-2016, 11:57 PM
Peyton cannot discuss or mention anything about this case. I'm not condoning what he did in her presence 20 years ago, but for God's sake, she signed a sworn affidavit that there WAS NO PHYSICAL CONTACT. Manning screwed up by calling her "vulgar" after apologizing about the incident in his book and she filed a lawsuit directly at him. But even that well-publicized lawsuit was settled over a decade ago. That this whole damn thing has been regurgitated again and blown up by the media to the point of it being the number one story on all sports and most major media outlets is incredible. Worst of all, Peyton can do NOTHING to defend himself.

If he retires, I bet he disappears out of the public eye. Perhaps the story fades, but I can imagine after all the many multitude of good works and deeds he has done for so many people and communities, the lack of support right now amongst the media and the public in general is depressing. I can seriously imagine him just saying "to hell with everyone," retiring, moving somewhere private/secluded with his family, and just focusing on them. I can't say I'd blame him. Clearly he's human, fallable, not a saint, but this character assassination is reaching levels of absurdity right now.

As for the lady in question, Manning is not the only famous person she has sued. Her 2010 lawsuit got thrown out of court. Even so, I doubt Manning would risk publically defending himself by speaking on his behalf against any allegations in the media on the subject matter. So let everyone debate his character ad nasueum until they finally get bored of it, just like last time, only there was no social media or reddit back then. Just people and journalists who reported ACTUAL NEWS, and then, shortly thereafter, realizing the ridiculousness of the story, left it alone. In four or five years when he's about to get inducted into the HOF, perhaps we'll have a holographic depiction of his naked asscheeks inside that lockeroom to show the horror of it all when this news gets regurgitated once again.

Northman
02-16-2016, 06:10 AM
Peyton cannot discuss or mention anything about this case. I'm not condoning what he did in her presence 20 years ago, but for God's sake, she signed a sworn affidavit that there WAS NO PHYSICAL CONTACT. Manning screwed up by calling her "vulgar" after apologizing about the incident in his book and she filed a lawsuit directly at him. But even that well-publicized lawsuit was settled over a decade ago. That this whole damn thing has been regurgitated again and blown up by the media to the point of it being the number one story on all sports and most major media outlets is incredible. Worst of all, Peyton can do NOTHING to defend himself.

If he retires, I bet he disappears out of the public eye. Perhaps the story fades, but I can imagine after all the many multitude of good works and deeds he has done for so many people and communities, the lack of support right now amongst the media and the public in general is depressing. I can seriously imagine him just saying "to hell with everyone," retiring, moving somewhere private/secluded with his family, and just focusing on them. I can't say I'd blame him. Clearly he's human, fallable, not a saint, but this character assassination is reaching levels of absurdity right now.

As for the lady in question, Manning is not the only famous person she has sued. Her 2010 lawsuit got thrown out of court. Even so, I doubt Manning would risk publically defending himself by speaking on his behalf against any allegations in the media on the subject matter. So let everyone debate his character ad nasueum until they finally get bored of it, just like last time, only there was no social media or reddit back then. Just people and journalists who reported ACTUAL NEWS, and then, shortly thereafter, realizing the ridiculousness of the story, left it alone. In four or five years when he's about to get inducted into the HOF, perhaps we'll have a holographic depiction of his naked asscheeks inside that lockeroom to show the horror of it all when this news gets regurgitated once again.

Yea, as more and more info comes out it seems this lady's credibility is shot.

BroncoWave
02-16-2016, 07:21 AM

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Manning himself come out and address it. That would be incredibly stupid, as it was in 2003 when he did it.

TXBRONC
02-16-2016, 09:05 AM

The case was settled over two decades ago. So yeah are dismissing it and rightfully so.

mouthofsouth
02-16-2016, 10:11 AM
If it does happen that the media destroys Peyton over this, I will boycott them forever, including Mike and Mike, who I have always liked. But I despise the way so many who have so long admired Peyton are saying such low down things about him now. And it obviously will get worse, because the news vultures are greedy for this kind of tabloid nonsense. Lord, I sometimes find myself hating the human race. And I know that is wrong, too.

Ravage!!!
02-16-2016, 10:29 AM
If I remember correctly, she was rubbing some ointment, or attending a muscle on the back of his lower leg, and he bent over and stuck his butt in her face.

To be honest, I don't care if he did it or not. It's really not that big of a deal, and reminds me of something you would see on nearly every teen "frat house" movie. Big deal. SHE is making a big deal of it, and that's because she likes to sue, and the word "sexual harrassment" gets a ton of attention. EVERYTHING is sexual harrassment now, and its the "buzz word" to throw out when you want to media to snag onto it.

BroncoWave
02-16-2016, 10:38 AM
If I remember correctly, she was rubbing some ointment, or attending a muscle on the back of his lower leg, and he bent over and stuck his butt in her face.

To be honest, I don't care if he did it or not. It's really not that big of a deal, and reminds me of something you would see on nearly every teen "frat house" movie. Big deal. SHE is making a big deal of it, and that's because she likes to sue, and the word "sexual harrassment" gets a ton of attention. EVERYTHING is sexual harrassment now, and its the "buzz word" to throw out when you want to media to snag onto it.

This is a pretty damn insensitive post. If someone feels sexually harassed, who are you to say it's not a big deal? Just because you might not think it's a big deal because to you it's something that happens in funny movies and not something you have had to deal with firsthand doesn't mean it's not something that could negatively affect someone else.

weazel
02-16-2016, 10:39 AM
This is not new information, it's been around forever. In other news, Rock Hudson has AIDS!!!!!!!!

Slick
02-16-2016, 10:42 AM
I explained to my Mom yesterday what taint was.

EastCoastBronco
02-16-2016, 10:44 AM
If it does happen that the media destroys Peyton over this, I will boycott them forever, including Mike and Mike, who I have always liked. But I despise the way so many who have so long admired Peyton are saying such low down things about him now. And it obviously will get worse, because the news vultures are greedy for this kind of tabloid nonsense. Lord, I sometimes find myself hating the human race. And I know that is wrong, too.

Don't hate the human race, MOS.
Just hate the media.
It works for me...

Ravage!!!
02-16-2016, 10:52 AM
This is a pretty damn insensitive post. If someone feels sexually harassed, who are you to say it's not a big deal? Just because you might not think it's a big deal because to you it's something that happens in funny movies and not something you have had to deal with firsthand doesn't mean it's not something that could negatively affect someone else.

Insensitive?? Well, you are THE one that tried to tell us that the coffee at McDonolds was just TOO hot for that woman who spilled it in her lap, and you believe she was in the right, so you certainly do often take the side of the accuser (you do know that the woman was found to be a fraud later, right?). I find you to be very very naive in these matters. Very.

I don't have to be "sensitive" to everyone that screams out "sexual harrassment." Believe it or not, its NOT an opinion. You get that, right? THe CHARGE of sexual harrassment isn't an opinion because it ACTUALLY has to be proved?

"if she feels sexually harrassed, then who are we to say it's not a big deal." Seriously??? Probably one of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen you make, and you've made a TON.

People can FEEL however they want to "feel." Right now, I'm feeling pretty disgusted and sick by your ridiculous comment. I'm feeling that you are pretty naive in the world. I'm feeling sexually harrassed, right now, because of your girly words. But regardless, I absolutely have the right to 'feel' as though this woman is nothing more than a sue-addict that will look for any kind of 'buy out' she can get. I'm feeling pretty confident that the act that occured was not a big deal. I feel that most people have a tendency to believe any story that comes out, because they believe the writer wouldn't have written it if it weren't true. I feel that's pretty naive and extremenly short-sighted.

I feel like I REALLY want to laugh at your "damn insentitive" comment, because I feel its HILARIOUS!! :lol: :lol:

Northman
02-16-2016, 11:29 AM
The way things get taken between men and women, race, sexual orientation, etc can lead to misunderstandings and offensiveness depending where you are at the time. But this to me brings more of a question of do women belong in a mens lockerroom to begin with? If you say no than it could be interpreted as sexist. If you say yes than i think that can lead to all sorts of problems like this one or when players cat call a female reporter and so on. For all we know maybe Manning exposed himself when he went to move so that she could get to another part of his leg that she was working on only to take it the wrong way. Point is why are we as a society even putting women in that position to begin with? I get it that we want to make things equal but to me there are just certain atmospheres and scenarios where women really shouldnt be in my opinion. Unfortunately we live in a society now where all it takes is someone taking something that may not have been meant to be offensive and then suing or trying to ruin's someone's career over it. In a perfect world we would like to say that athletes should conduct themselves accordingly at all times but in a lockerroom environment that almost never happens. So if Manning put his junk on her or exposed himself to her whether it was joking or not does give her the right to be offended or feel violated. However, why are we putting them in situations where something like that can happen anyway even if whatever happened was taken the wrong way?

BroncoWave
02-16-2016, 11:54 AM
Insensitive?? Well, you are THE one that tried to tell us that the coffee at McDonolds was just TOO hot for that woman who spilled it in her lap, and you believe she was in the right, so you certainly do often take the side of the accuser (you do know that the woman was found to be a fraud later, right?). I find you to be very very naive in these matters. Very.

I don't have to be "sensitive" to everyone that screams out "sexual harrassment." Believe it or not, its NOT an opinion. You get that, right? THe CHARGE of sexual harrassment isn't an opinion because it ACTUALLY has to be proved?

"if she feels sexually harrassed, then who are we to say it's not a big deal." Seriously??? Probably one of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen you make, and you've made a TON.

People can FEEL however they want to "feel." Right now, I'm feeling pretty disgusted and sick by your ridiculous comment. I'm feeling that you are pretty naive in the world. I'm feeling sexually harrassed, right now, because of your girly words. But regardless, I absolutely have the right to 'feel' as though this woman is nothing more than a sue-addict that will look for any kind of 'buy out' she can get. I'm feeling pretty confident that the act that occured was not a big deal. I feel that most people have a tendency to believe any story that comes out, because they believe the writer wouldn't have written it if it weren't true. I feel that's pretty naive and extremenly short-sighted.

I feel like I REALLY want to laugh at your "damn insentitive" comment, because I feel its HILARIOUS!! :lol: :lol:

The woman at McDonald's got third degree burns and nearly died from those injuries, so you are just showing your ignorance of the facts of that particular case.

The rest of your post simply proves you don't give a shit about anyone's feelings on anything other than your own. It's pretty clear you don't have any daughters or sisters, or if you do you don't really give a shit about them.

BroncoWave
02-16-2016, 12:07 PM
Rav your probably one of those people who says the woman was asking for it when she gets raped aren't you?

Nomad
02-16-2016, 12:49 PM

I really agree with pulse and I agree with you, Ravage. I had never heard this story until this thread or I don't remember it, so Ive been reading up on it. For one, Manning doesn't owe the public anything. If they're hellbent and emotionally tormented then so be it.......it has been settled. Only person he needs to really hope stands by his side is his wife. Looking at this lady's past, I'd agree, she seems to be a gold digger finding the right opportunities.

I have a wife, daughter, sisters, Mom, cousins, aunts.....;)

tubby
02-16-2016, 12:56 PM
DkmON25ZXdM

Nomad
02-16-2016, 12:58 PM
:lol: That's sick. Women can be more disgusting than men.

BroncoWave
02-16-2016, 01:00 PM
I really agree with pulse and I agree with you, Ravage. I had never heard this story until this thread or I don't remember it, so Ive been reading up on it. For one, Manning doesn't owe the public anything. If they're hellbent and emotionally tormented then so be it.......it has been settled. Only person he needs to really hope stands by his side is his wife. Looking at this lady's past, I'd agree, she seems to be a gold digger finding the right opportunities.

I have a wife, daughter, sisters, Mom, cousins, aunts.....;)

My point to rav was more in general, not really specific to this one woman. He seems to be saying it's irrelevant for any woman ever to feel harassed. To me, that's an insanely insensitive position to take, and shows really a glaring lack of empathy on his part.

slim
02-16-2016, 01:02 PM
My point to rav was more in general, not really specific to this one woman. He seems to be saying it's irrelevant for any woman ever to feel harassed. To me, that's an insanely insensitive position to take, and shows really a glaring lack of empathy on his part.

BTB, have you ever been sexually harassed?

BroncoWave
02-16-2016, 01:05 PM

Just using this case as an example, IF, and I stress if so you don't accuse me of just taking the accusers side, what she were claiming happened actually happened and witnesses backed it up, that would be a slam dunk case of sexual harassment if not assault. Physical contact makes it pretty open and shut. Again, this is IF it transpired as she said.

BroncoWave
02-16-2016, 01:06 PM
BTB, have you ever been sexually harassed?

Is this the part where I point to the teddy bear?

Northman
02-16-2016, 01:28 PM
:lol: That's sick. Women can be more disgusting than men.

She was also wearing a thong, imagine if she had the squirts? lol

Ravage!!!
02-16-2016, 03:38 PM

Really? That's what I said.... really? wow

artie_dale
02-16-2016, 04:13 PM
Hey, so where does this type of "sexual harassment" on the scale, with kidnapping-rape-murder being #10, and #1 being a wink or something. Is it possible to put it all on a scale? Because I can't help but believe there different degrees of this stuff deserve different degrees of persecution.

BroncoWave
02-16-2016, 05:03 PM
Really? That's what I said.... really? wow

Yes, it's literally exactly what you said. You typed out 3 paragraphs mocking the concept of someone feeling harassed.

Hawgdriver
02-16-2016, 05:27 PM

This is not the truth. The woman who was burned by McDonald's coffee had to have skin grafts on her privates. Hard to fake. Coffee shouldn't do that.

BroncoWave
02-16-2016, 06:08 PM
This is not the truth. The woman who was burned by McDonald's coffee had to have skin grafts on her privates. Hard to fake. Coffee shouldn't do that.

Please try not to let the facts get in the way of Ravage blaming something on the victim.

thunndarr
02-16-2016, 06:09 PM
“a history of litigation entailing vexation, harassment and needless expense to other parties and an unnecessary burden on the courts and their supporting personnel is enough” to warrant such a remedy.”

“The Karan Defendants have asserted that Naughright has an extensive history of filing repetitive lawsuits against or involving public figures, apparently having “spent the majority of eight years [1998 through 2005] filing legal complaints against or about [Peyton] Manning… [some of which] had no basis in law or in fact and were fueled only by [plaintiff’s] relentless search for revenge.””

Lastly, it also states that Ms. Naughright filed another lawsuit against “Deli Delicacies” three months after filing the one against Karan, in a different state, claiming the same conditions and claims against the trainer recommended by Karan. The two cases went on simultaneously with the same or similar claims levied against two separate parties.

I'm wondering how many other frivolous lawsuits will eventually be dug up. This woman is no victim.

Ravage!!!
02-16-2016, 06:40 PM

I'm not going to lie, Hawg. I got her case mixed up with another McDonalds "coffee burn" allegation and suite.

But that's a side story that doesn't really apply to this thread.

Ravage!!!
02-16-2016, 06:42 PM
Please try not to let the facts get in the way of Ravage blaming something on the victim.

Sometimes I wonder how you make it through a day. When did I ever 'blame' the victim? Point it out. I'll wait.

BroncoWave
02-16-2016, 06:48 PM
Sometimes I wonder how you make it through a day.

This is rich coming from the guy who thinks players should get up to hide getting a concussion. :lol:

Ravage!!!
02-16-2016, 06:59 PM
This is rich coming from the guy who thinks players should get up to hide getting a concussion. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Is it rich BtB? Is it? :lol: :lol: Tell me how... or you just trying to bring up something that you feel people will jump on me about and back you up? Because that's your MO.... the old gradeschool playground action of throwing something out that gets a crowd circling around you, backing you up.

I'll stand by that comment that I made about getting hit and standing up...100%. I have ZERO problem acknowledging that as my opinion. But then, I think we've seen, many times, that you need to reach between your legs and check for a set. So, yeah. I Feel that a player gets his BELL RUNG (is how I worded it, genius)... should get up rather than lying on the ground being pulled from teh field for several plays while the team NEEDs you on teh field.

What else you got? More laughing icons that have nothing to do with anything? Want to bring up another discussion from years ago? I'm sure you will. :coffee:

BroncoWave
02-16-2016, 07:02 PM
Ravage, your hot takes are the gift that keeps on giving! Never change.

Timmy!
02-16-2016, 07:31 PM
Would you two screw and get it over with already.

LTC Pain
02-16-2016, 07:38 PM
Being prior Army, with me it's always about the TEAM. So, I could care less about Manning's legacy. it's about winning championships and the Broncos just did. Long, loud Tarzan yell :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
02-16-2016, 09:36 PM
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — The lawyer for six women suing the University of Tennessee on its handling of sexual assault complaints by student-athletes is focused on the school's systemic problems he believes exist and is surprised at the attention the complaint's brief mention of Peyton Manning generated.

"It's certainly unanticipated," attorney David Randolph Smith said.

Smith said he included events from the last two decades — one involved Manning in 1996 — to show how Tennessee has handled reports of misconduct.

"We included one small paragraph about the Manning situation in the complaint, just as part of the overall background and history," Smith said. "... Peyton Manning is not a party to our lawsuit. All these reports that say he's in the lawsuit, well he's referenced, but it's part of the historical" background.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29523990/lawyer-title-ix-case-focus-is-tennessee-not-peyton-manning

Joel
02-16-2016, 11:06 PM
Just popped into FB, and someone had shared this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLowazpdd58
I presume Shaun King has already sent YouTube a takedown notice and is filing a sexual assault suit on behalf of the victim as we speak.

It's digusting, juvenile, wrong and NOT A CRIME. Guys have been pulling this crap on OTHER GUYS in locker rooms so long it was probably common at the original Olympics 2500 years ago. One of the most popular and persistent arguments against women in male locker rooms—as coaches, trainers, reporters or fellow athletes—is that a womans involvement mystically but instantly transforms mere crudity into sexual assault. That's bull.

Some men and women can handle locker room behavior and some men and women can't, just as some men and women go a little (or a lot) too far. Anyone think Richie Incognito sexually assaulted or sexually harassed Jonathan Martin? What he DID do certainly wasn't OK, in a teammate, team member or PERSON. But let's not make it more than it is, let alone something it's not. Incognito has an adult history of getting out of hand; Manning did something stupid ONCE as a teen in college.

artie_dale
02-16-2016, 11:08 PM
Here's a good read.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/on-peyton-manning-and-dumb-people-online-021616

Here are 11 things that everyone should know about this case.

1. Shaun King, the New York Daily news "writer," is either really dumb or willfully negligent.

It's possible he's both.

Having read his column I now understand why the New York Daily News is also going bankrupt. Because his editors are idiots too. This dude was so upset that Cam Newton lost the Super Bowl and acted like a baby in his post-game news conference that he decided he was going to go after Peyton Manning. It's right there in the opening of his column. That's the genesis of this story.

I mean, Manning might actually have a defamation claim against this dude and his paper even though he's a public figure.

artie_dale
02-16-2016, 11:09 PM
Just popped into FB, and someone had shared this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLowazpdd58
I presume Shaun King has already sent YouTube a takedown notice and is filing a sexual assault suit on behalf of the victim as we speak.

It's digusting, juvenile, wrong and NOT A CRIME. Guys have been pulling this crap on OTHER GUYS in locker rooms so long it was probably common at the original Olympics 2500 years ago. One of the most popular and persistent arguments against women in male locker rooms—as coaches, trainers, reporters or fellow athletes—is that a womans involvement mystically but instantly transforms mere crudity into sexual assault. That's bull.

Some men and women can handle locker room behavior and some men and women can't, just as some men and women go a little (or a lot) too far. Anyone think Richie Incognito sexually assaulted or sexually harassed Jonathan Martin? What he DID do certainly wasn't OK, in a teammate, team member or PERSON. But let's not make it more than it is, let alone something it's not. Incognito has an adult history of getting out of hand; Manning did something stupid ONCE as a teen in college.

Ugh... and that's a Blue Collar Ass Crack too. You KNOW it's sweaty.

TXBRONC
02-16-2016, 11:21 PM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29523990/lawyer-title-ix-case-focus-is-tennessee-not-peyton-manning

He's lying. He knew that the mention Manning's would generate a lot publicity.

Dapper Dan
02-16-2016, 11:28 PM
Here's a good read.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/on-peyton-manning-and-dumb-people-online-021616

You ******. I was finna share that

Dapper Dan
02-16-2016, 11:28 PM
It is crazy how everyone wants to trash Peyton but suck off Kobe.

TXBRONC
02-16-2016, 11:33 PM

Keep saying everyone and Wave will take that as a compliment.

artie_dale
02-17-2016, 12:33 AM
You ******. I was finna share that

:D Dude, I'm rarely on here so when I am, I try to make the most of it. There will be plenty of windows to share more info than me ;)

Dapper Dan
02-17-2016, 12:44 AM
I'll let you have this one.

BroncoWave
02-17-2016, 07:23 AM

I typed out a wordy response about how wrong this post is but then I realized it must have been in jest so I erased it.

BroncoWave
02-17-2016, 07:25 AM
Keep saying everyone and Wave will take that as a compliment.

I haven't trashed Peyton at all. I just didn't immediately jump to defend him like everyone else did. My criticism has been focused on everyone's reaction to the story, not on Peyton himself. Having said that, now that more sides of the larger story are coming out, I'm willing to concede that, at the very least, there is really no solid proof that Peyton did anything wrong.

Dapper Dan
02-17-2016, 07:50 AM
I typed out a wordy response about how wrong this post is but then I realized it must have been in jest so I erased it.

Kobe is retiring. It's the best time to bring out everything bad he did. Right? Isn't that the thing to do now?

Dapper Dan
02-17-2016, 07:52 AM
Wave, do you remember hearing Peyton's story in the late 90s? Probably not. You and I were still in single digits. But from what I've read, it was reported. And from what I've read, the woman signed something in 1996 saying Peyton never had physical contact.

BroncoWave
02-17-2016, 07:53 AM
Kobe is retiring. It's the best time to bring out everything bad he did. Right? Isn't that the thing to do now?

Slightly different story since his whole saga was fully hashed out in the national media when it happened.

No one is saying it should be the status quo to bring up everyone's shady past when they retire, but in this case with Manning someone did. There is nothing wrong with discussing it.

Dapper Dan
02-17-2016, 07:55 AM
Slightly different story since his whole saga was fully hashed out in the national media when it happened.

No one is saying it should be the status quo to bring up everyone's shady past when they retire, but in this case with Manning someone did. There is nothing wrong with discussing it.

I didn't say we couldn't discuss it. But so many people have been complaining that this isn't a national story. It is. For some reason people are using it to question Peyton's character. It's pretty weird that it's being brought up and pushed to the public right now. Why?

BroncoWave
02-17-2016, 07:59 AM
Wave, do you remember hearing Peyton's story in the late 90s? Probably not. You and I were still in single digits. But from what I've read, it was reported. And from what I've read, the woman signed something in 1996 saying Peyton never had physical contact.

I've read the same things, which is why I am coming more around to the side that her story seems a bit too inconsistent to put a whole lot of stock into. Honestly Archie probably comes out looking the worst in all this with him trying to discredit her because "she slept around with a bunch of black guys". This story probably never sees the light of day again had Peyton and Archie just kept their mouths shut in the years that followed the incident. This is why I don't feel too bad for Peyton that the story is being discussed again, because he opened the door to it by breaking not one but two court orders not to discuss the case.

Dapper Dan
02-17-2016, 08:01 AM
To think this bullshit story from 20 years ago should tarnish his legacy is complete and utter bullshit. Shaun King is garbage. But he's getting what he wants. He makes a name for himself by starting shit. Mission accomplished. This won't hurt all the great things Peyton has done for people. If you want to keep talking about this bullshit story for another 12 pages, have at it. Grab a goddamn national inquirer while you're at it.

Dapper Dan
02-17-2016, 08:01 AM
Bye

BroncoWave
02-17-2016, 08:02 AM
I didn't say we couldn't discuss it. But so many people have been complaining that this isn't a national story. It is. For some reason people are using it to question Peyton's character. It's pretty weird that it's being brought up and pushed to the public right now. Why?

I think the reason it blew up this time around was because of that new 74-page court document that had never been seen by the public before. That really seemed to add more juice to the story. That, and this is the first time in the social media age that new info has ever come out in this whole story, which is why it's blowing up now as opposed to the other times it has come up.

Northman
02-17-2016, 08:47 AM
Lmao, Patriot fans....

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/2/16/11030320/patriots-fans-create-petition-to-revoke-peyton-mannings

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/revoke-peyton-mannings-accomplishments

As of this posting, it has 22 signatures, with most being obscene Patriot trolls. LOL. Poor Patriots fans must still be butt hurt over Tom Brady getting destroyed last month in Denver.

Northman
02-17-2016, 08:48 AM
Classic response. Bwhahahaha

Sign the petition to strip Tom Brady for all his achievements for entering the men's locker room with a vagina. That's about how dumb you sound New England (saltiest fans in the NFL) BTW can't wait to kick your ass again next year!! #broncoscountry

MNPatsFan
02-17-2016, 09:04 AM
Lmao, Patriot fans....

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/2/16/11030320/patriots-fans-create-petition-to-revoke-peyton-mannings

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/revoke-peyton-mannings-accomplishmentsNorth, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Edit: To clarify, I am referring to the Pats fans not you North!:D

TXBRONC
02-17-2016, 09:14 AM
Classic response. Bwhahahaha

Are talking about this response?

Chris StoneUnited States, Louisville Feb 17, 2016 1 Sign the petition to strip Tom Brady for all his achievements for entering the men's locker room with a vagina. That's about how dumb you sound New England (saltiest fans in the NFL) BTW can't wait to kick your ass again next year!! #broncoscountry

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/revoke-peyton-mannings-accomplishments

mouthofsouth
02-17-2016, 06:16 PM
I will tell you why and it is not pretty. It has its roots in racism. I think when people like Mike and Mike realize what is going on, they will change their tune. This guy Shaun King has a pretty shady past, including accusations of embezzlement from Black Lives Matter. He has a few other things in his closet, too. But of course most people do. The thing that has him stirred up right now is this hoopla over Cam Newton and the way he conducted himself after the Super Bowl. So he decides to dig up trash on Peyton, who everyone knows has been a press darling for a long time. That is what it is all about. Some in the black community cannot stand it when a white person gets branded as a classy person and pillar of the community. while their own are getting criticized for their actions. I feel a person should be judged for who he IS, who he has BECOME, and not what he was years ago. I feel the same way about Cam Newton, and I am not looking at race. When he grows up and learns to handle himself with grace and class, then that should be how he is viewed, not the way he WAS in the process of growing up. I see race as the whole root of this thing. Pity.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-17-2016, 09:36 PM
There's one man who is firmly in Peyton Manning's corner: the man who drafted him, Bill Polian.

The Denver Broncos quarterback, fresh off a win in Super Bowl 50, has been in the news in the days since the big win. His name has come up in connection with a lawsuit filed against the University of Tennessee that brings up an alleged incident that Manning had with a woman athletic trainer 20 years ago.

Polian isn't buying what's being sold.

"This was apparently -- I say apparently -- an incident that was the subject of a defamation suit that the so-called or alleged victim brought against Peyton and Archie after they wrote a book -- which, by the way, I have not read," Polian said during an interview on the "Freddie Coleman Show" on ESPN Radio. "All I can tell you is everything we heard from people at the University of Tennessee was absolutely glowing."

Polian was the general manager of the Indianapolis Colts when they selected Manning with the No. 1 overall pick of the 1998 NFL Draft. And Polian blames the non-mainstream media for giving this story legs.

rest - http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/peyton-manning-lawsuit-bill-polian-says-smear-campaign-021716

Joel
02-18-2016, 01:16 AM
rest - http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/peyton-manning-lawsuit-bill-polian-says-smear-campaign-021716
That's a good point: Remember the context of the '98 Draft. If this was as big deal as is being manufactured 20 years later, the Colts had and thus would've used a VERY convenient fallback position in Ryan Leaf. Their scouts believed, and history has proven, Mannings character FAR better. Part of why Indys scouts reached that conclusion is that they did their homework on both guys: Leaf had big psychological and maturity red flags, Manning didn't, and the rest is NFL history.

pulse
02-18-2016, 09:51 AM
Do you really think anyone lighting the pyre gives three shits about what the former Indianapolis Colts general manager or the "people at the University Tennessee" think?

Denver Native (Carol)
02-18-2016, 10:06 AM
A national women's rights group is calling for prominent companies including Papa John's and Nationwide to suspend their relationships with Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, after allegations of a sexual assault against him from 20 years ago resurfaced.

"When institutions like the University of Tennessee tacitly condone violence against women by ignoring cases of sexual assault by student-athletes, it perpetuates a dangerous culture of violence that ultimately hurts women everywhere," Nita Chaudhary, co-founder of UltraViolet, said in a release.

"Nationwide Insurance and Papa John's Pizza must show their customers that they will never stand for sexual violence -- and suspend their relationships with Manning pending further investigation."

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14793870/women-group-urges-sponsors-suspend-ties-peyton-manning

VonDoom
02-18-2016, 10:06 AM
I've stayed out of this thread because I think it's ridiculous to rehash an incident that took place and was settled 15-20 years ago. Shaun King has no idea what he's writing ... or he does, and he subscribes to the idea that all press is good press. That's a very dangerous path to go down. Anyway, Mike Tanier has an excellent column up today on this whole incident. Imagine, a level headed piece that actually looks at the facts instead of sensationalism:

King's story is the reason I am writing this essay. It's the reason the Manning-Naughright incident is news. There have been zero new revelations. This story only qualifies as "news" because it was written for a newspaper, and the details are old enough that a generation of readers has never encountered them. It's really debate bait, written by an activist/entrepreneur/journalist who isn't shy about inserting himself into controversial stories.

If your gateway to this is the King story, you arrive jaded and tainted. That story was designed to be inflammatory. And of course, we all arrive at every story with preconceived notions of gender relations, sexual harassment issues, politics, race and even the character and morality of famous quarterbacks.

I strive to be progressive on gender issues. So do many of my colleagues. There's a safe flag on a hill that reads "Peyton Manning Is Guilty." The flag on the other hill attracts a lot of people we disagree with, on most topics anyway. We don't want to go there. Few of us want to sound like the columnists of 20 years ago, guffawing at a "smart girl" who can't take a joke and wants a handout. And we sure as heck don't want to be stuck in the middle, taking flak from both sides.

But if you approach this story with skepticism, you may find yourself stuck in the middle.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2617133-peyton-manning-sexual-assault-and-a-little-healthy-skepticism

BronColt
02-18-2016, 11:38 AM
I've stayed out of this thread because I think it's ridiculous to rehash an incident that took place and was settled 15-20 years ago. Shaun King has no idea what he's writing ... or he does, and he subscribes to the idea that all press is good press. That's a very dangerous path to go down. Anyway, Mike Tanier has an excellent column up today on this whole incident. Imagine, a level headed piece that actually looks at the facts instead of sensationalism:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2617133-peyton-manning-sexual-assault-and-a-little-healthy-skepticism

If you read any article about this, check this one out...it completely spells out the truth behind Shaun King's motive behind re hashing this story, and breaks down the whole situation better than anything else I've read.

Here's another good one from Mike Florio; check out the pod cast of Shaun Kings comments about this. Ignorance to the max!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/17/shaun-king-breaks-silence-doesnt-say-much/

Ravage!!!
02-18-2016, 11:54 AM

That's a good article that points out the problems from BOTH sides. The difference between a journalist and a wanna-be.

Joel
02-18-2016, 12:34 PM
rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14793870/women-group-urges-sponsors-suspend-ties-peyton-manning
This is what keeps pissing me off here: MILLIONS of American guys have done the same thing to other GUYS as adolescents (or, as in a ton of YouTube videos, as "mature" adults) and it was just a stupid disgusting prank—but the INSTANT the victim happens to NOT be a guy, "stupid disgusting prank" gets escalated to "felony sexual assault." Same act, same intent, but one earns laps around the field (if that) while the other earns 15-20 in prison and lifetime registration as a sex offender.

All this "micro-aggression" crap trivializes ACTUAL aggression, which is bad for everyone, because it encourages skepticism about genuine cases of genuine trauma and assault. Every false sensationalized accusation makes it that much harder to convince anyone of VALID accusations.

tubby
02-18-2016, 12:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/v4rFzAY.jpg

BroncoNut
02-18-2016, 01:58 PM
I will tell you why and it is not pretty. It has its roots in racism. I think when people like Mike and Mike realize what is going on, they will change their tune. This guy Shaun King has a pretty shady past, including accusations of embezzlement from Black Lives Matter. He has a few other things in his closet, too. But of course most people do. The thing that has him stirred up right now is this hoopla over Cam Newton and the way he conducted himself after the Super Bowl. So he decides to dig up trash on Peyton, who everyone knows has been a press darling for a long time. That is what it is all about. Some in the black community cannot stand it when a white person gets branded as a classy person and pillar of the community. while their own are getting criticized for their actions. I feel a person should be judged for who he IS, who he has BECOME, and not what he was years ago. I feel the same way about Cam Newton, and I am not looking at race. When he grows up and learns to handle himself with grace and class, then that should be how he is viewed, not the way he WAS in the process of growing up. I see race as the whole root of this thing. Pity.

Is Shaun King black?

VonDoom
02-18-2016, 02:08 PM
Is Shaun King black?

It's questionable:

http://www.snopes.com/2015/08/19/shaun-king/

Ravage!!!
02-18-2016, 02:23 PM
Is Shaun King black?

He's not, but has claimed to be. In fact, he claimed to have gotten beaten up years ago in HS, yet, all accounts of the incident say that it has nothing to do with race. He's been known to LIE about his own race. How credible is this guy?

Ravage!!!
02-18-2016, 02:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/v4rFzAY.jpg

You've just sexually assaulted me. BtB is going to call you all insensitive and shit.

BroncoWave
02-18-2016, 02:33 PM
You've just sexually assaulted me. BtB is going to call you all insensitive and shit.

Your hot takes assault my brain. :D

Denver Native (Carol)
02-18-2016, 03:43 PM
Editor's note: The following is archived News Sentinel coverage of the case involving Peyton Manning and a University of Tennessee athletic trainer.

UT'S MANNING TRIES TO APOLOGIZE FOR 'CLOWNING AROUND' INCIDENT

http://www.knoxnews.com/sports/vols/football/from-the-archives-news-sentinel-coverage-of-allegations-against-peyton-manning-369121051.html

moondog
02-19-2016, 03:47 PM
This is what keeps pissing me off here: MILLIONS of American guys have done the same thing to other GUYS as adolescents (or, as in a ton of YouTube videos, as "mature" adults) and it was just a stupid disgusting prank—but the INSTANT the victim happens to NOT be a guy, "stupid disgusting prank" gets escalated to "felony sexual assault." Same act, same intent, but one earns laps around the field (if that) while the other earns 15-20 in prison and lifetime registration as a sex offender.

I haven't logged in for quite a long time, but I just wanted to say that I think this is Joel admitting that anyone reading this post is welcome to come and put their bare ass or crotch in his face against his will, film the encounter and post it to youtube, and he will not press charges. If you ask, I'm sure he'll give you directions, but travel arrangements will be at your own expense.

BroncoJoe
02-19-2016, 03:50 PM
I haven't logged in for quite a long time, but I just wanted to say that I think this is Joel admitting that anyone reading this post is welcome to come and put their bare ass or crotch in his face against his will, film the encounter and post it to youtube, and he will not press charges. If you ask, I'm sure he'll give you directions, but travel arrangements will be at your own expense.

Damn. 1st post after joining nearly 8 years ago is ripping Joel.

I think I love you, moondog.

Joel
02-19-2016, 10:44 PM
Damn. 1st post after joining nearly 8 years ago is ripping Joel.

I think I love you, moondog.
I'm 99.44% sure you don't, but: Ladies and gentlemen, my best friend (and best man at my wedding.) Anywho, just for yucks I googled the lawsuit against the University of Tennessee (http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2016/02/09/sweeping-sexual-assault-suit-filed-against-ut/79966450/). ALL other athletes named have two things in common beside not being Peyton Manning:

1) They've all been charged with RAPE, not just giving someone an atomic situp, and
2) They're all black.

So Shaun King et. al summon the torch-wielding villagers because Manning "got a free pass" due to race—and give FOUR ACCUSED RAPISTS a free pass because...?

Now, our ongoing debate really belongs in P&R, moondog, but we're already here, and the actual cases pointedly pose the question I keep asking and you keep ignoring: When a white woman accuses a black man of rape, does morality mandate we automatically side with her and admit we're racists, or automatically side with them and admit we're rapists? Or should we just thoroughly investigate and draw conclusions from the cases FACTS and MERITS rather than irrelevant genetics?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-20-2016, 01:27 PM
It's it a coincidence his username is moondog?

Wow, the little twists of fate .....

Timmy!
02-20-2016, 01:48 PM
Great, now PETA is going to get all pissy.

Joel
02-20-2016, 09:14 PM
Great, now PETA is going to get all pissy.
To be fair, that was always going to happen anyway; PETA exists in a state of perpetual pissiness.

Northman
02-21-2016, 08:51 AM
To be fair, that was always going to happen anyway; PETA exists in a state of perpetual pissiness.

You should feel right at home then.

Tned
02-21-2016, 03:25 PM

This foxsports article is worth the read. It includes her afidavit when she made the sexual harrasment claim. She did't say anything about being touched or that his butt touched her face.

Hawgdriver
02-21-2016, 06:25 PM
Just noticed this. In the buffet. Some needs to get the semichrome and go raw.

Joel
02-22-2016, 04:46 AM
This foxsports article is worth the read. It includes her afidavit when she made the sexual harrasment claim. She did't say anything about being touched or that his butt touched her face.
Lead in:
We have entered into a bizarre world where people choose to believe or disbelieve stories not based on the actual facts involved in a case, but based on whether those stories confirm their already existing world views.
No kidding; has this guy been living under a rock since the internet? That's how we do things now: Draw a conclusion, THEN go find supporting "facts," thousands of which lie no more than a few clicks away at any time, on any topic, no matter how absurdly outlandish. Google "satanic alien lizards run the world" and just look at the countless "facts" "supporting" that claim; it's a mountainous preponderance of evidence, but not a word of it can withstand scrutiny, much less in court.

The other big takeaway here, IMHO, is this:

All advocating for women who don't tell the truth does is make it tougher for women who are telling the truth to come forward. It's a losing battle.
He mentions the Duke lacrosse team (et al.) in his intro, but even before reading that THIS reminded me THAT one set justice for rape victims back 50 years. False allegations—about ANYTHING—do nothing but encourage skepticism about true allegations; give genuine offenders a "fact" to cite that "proves" their innocence in the court of public opinion. Which, after all, is the only one that matters anymore, right?

Lancane
02-22-2016, 11:35 AM
Funny thing, Shaun King not once inquires about the mindset or credibility of the supposed victim nor question the fact that she has placed several lawsuits against former employers, two universities and then against Manning years later for a snippet from his book that mentions no name where she is even eluded to. Her attorney even cited that she is a public figure, talk about ideas of grandeur, she is a public figure? As a trainer? or due to the lawsuits?...eh, her and King are both delusional.

Poet
02-22-2016, 11:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/14826436/documents-reveal-peyton-manning-accuser-called-sexual-assault-crisis-center-report-1996-incident

The whole situation is a mess.

Northman
02-23-2016, 06:49 AM
Im still not buying it personally at least to the degree she states. She has a long history of suing people for stuff like this so her track record is not very credible to me.

TXBRONC
02-23-2016, 07:00 AM
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/14826436/documents-reveal-peyton-manning-accuser-called-sexual-assault-crisis-center-report-1996-incident

Her story is inconsistent. She called a crisis center but didn't do anything about it for decade?

Joel
02-23-2016, 08:32 AM

This whole thing's old and minor news only dredged up to divert attention from stuff that happened two weeks ago. The University of Tennessee's being sued for covering up separate RAPE accusations against FOUR athletes, but we're all exclusively focused on ONE athlete accused of showing his ass to someone; why is that?

Because the four accussed rapists are all black, but the guy who showed his ass is white. So who's REALLY "getting a free pass" SOLELY because of race? :whistle:Shaun King insists "this would never have been ignored if the accused were black" while he blithely ignores FOUR accused RAPISTS, merely because they ARE black.

Anyone who thinks "To Kill a Mockingbird" was a story of the Patriarchy vs. White Privilege badly missed the point.

thunndarr
02-23-2016, 11:11 AM
http://www.sportsplusshow.com/

Read that article, listen to the linked conversation. The woman is a complete nutjob. (Surprise surprise.)

Ravage!!!
02-23-2016, 12:29 PM
http://www.sportsplusshow.com/

Read that article, listen to the linked conversation. The woman is a complete nutjob. (Surprise surprise.)

So she says that she wants Peyton to admit he likes penis, and then she'll be happy?

Poet
02-23-2016, 12:37 PM
This whole thing's old and minor news only dredged up to divert attention from stuff that happened two weeks ago. The University of Tennessee's being sued for covering up separate RAPE accusations against FOUR athletes, but we're all exclusively focused on ONE athlete accused of showing his ass to someone; why is that?

Because the four accussed rapists are all black, but the guy who showed his ass is white. So who's REALLY "getting a free pass" SOLELY because of race? :whistle:Shaun King insists "this would never have been ignored if the accused were black" while he blithely ignores FOUR accused RAPISTS, merely because they ARE black.

Anyone who thinks "To Kill a Mockingbird" was a story of the Patriarchy vs. White Privilege badly missed the point.

It's not old news because it's new news (again). In regards to the rape allegations and this, well, this is PFM, who just won a SB. There's certainly not a lack of coverage on crime in the country, and it certainly doesn't exclude black faces. I think that's actually his point - we talk about crime, we talk about black crime, we point the finger at black athletes and black criminals with great force, succession, and speed. Then when it's not about a black guy, well...the points you just made are raised. You actually made a startlingly great argument on King's behalf.

No, I'm not saying you're a racist.

The whole point of this is to acknowledge that Newton was killed for stealing a laptop and the pay to play scandal, and those things are still relevant to his career. Before and after the SB a lot of people talked about it and traced it as the origin as to why they didn't like C.M. Meanwhile a more more serious allegation was essentially covered up in regards to a posterchild or face of the NFL. A white face, with a more serious and damning possibility. Just talking about it makes people in this thread cry racism.

Again, more valid points for King's perspective. And it is a jaded perspective. It is a biased perspective. But the more I read through this thread the more I think he has a point.

Northman
02-23-2016, 12:50 PM
It's not old news because it's new news (again). In regards to the rape allegations and this, well, this is PFM, who just won a SB. There's certainly not a lack of coverage on crime in the country, and it certainly doesn't exclude black faces. I think that's actually his point - we talk about crime, we talk about black crime, we point the finger at black athletes and black criminals with great force, succession, and speed. Then when it's not about a black guy, well...the points you just made are raised. You actually made a startlingly great argument on King's behalf.

No, I'm not saying you're a racist.

The whole point of this is to acknowledge that Newton was killed for stealing a laptop and the pay to play scandal, and those things are still relevant to his career. Before and after the SB a lot of people talked about it and traced it as the origin as to why they didn't like C.M. Meanwhile a more more serious allegation was essentially covered up in regards to a posterchild or face of the NFL. A white face, with a more serious and damning possibility. Just talking about it makes people in this thread cry racism.

Again, more valid points for King's perspective. And it is a jaded perspective. It is a biased perspective. But the more I read through this thread the more I think he has a point.

Except that Cam wasnt criticized after the SB for what transpired while he was a college player. He was criticized for poor sportsmanship to which King latched onto a incident that happened to Manning almost 20 years ago. I havent read anyone in this thread bringing up Cam's issues from college. The other thing that gets glossed over is the impact of the interwebz since the Manning incident vs Newton's incidents at Auburn. I have zero doubt that had the Manning incident happened in the last 8-10 years the amount of media attention would of been a lot more than it was back then.

Bronco4ever
02-23-2016, 01:14 PM
Manning is basically at the forefront of this Tennessee scandal going on that is supposedly is about covering up a white person's faults. Yet, from my understanding, there are several rape and sexual assault allegations by former black student athletes that isn't getting near the attention that the PM story is. If the UT administrators were trying to cover up sexual assault and rape, they probably love that the conversation is mostly about Manning's bare ass and not far worse things that the university and student athletes are being accused of.

Poet
02-23-2016, 01:35 PM
Except that Cam wasnt criticized after the SB for what transpired while he was a college player. He was criticized for poor sportsmanship to which King latched onto a incident that happened to Manning almost 20 years ago. I havent read anyone in this thread bringing up Cam's issues from college. The other thing that gets glossed over is the impact of the interwebz since the Manning incident vs Newton's incidents at Auburn. I have zero doubt that had the Manning incident happened in the last 8-10 years the amount of media attention would of been a lot more than it was back then.

Yes, but he was over-criticized for the issues. King acted (albeit not in the correct way in my opinion) to point out what's been brought up in this thread several times. What sticks to C.M. are relatively minor infractions compared to what has been ignored about PM.

And let it be known that I agree with you about the internet. Taking that into account, one has to think about whether that eliminates or mitigates the point of King. On a sidenote, this is an instance where my name change is a good thing. It would be confusing, at least potentially, otherwise.

Valar Morghulis
02-23-2016, 01:43 PM
Her story is inconsistent. She called a crisis center but didn't do anything about it for decade?

I agree this story sounds sketchy - but lots of victims wont do anything for years, victim psychology is a real tragedy - especially because society as a general rule assumes that if things were that bad the victims would have done something sooner

not having a go at you mate, just highlighting that it is really not that uncommon for years to pass before a victim feels strong enough to come forward

Davii
02-23-2016, 01:55 PM
I agree this story sounds sketchy - but lots of victims wont do anything for years, victim psychology is a real tragedy - especially because society as a general rule assumes that if things were that bad the victims would have done something sooner

not having a go at you mate, just highlighting that it is really not that uncommon for years to pass before a victim feels strong enough to come forward

The woman signed an affidavitstating there was no contact, right?

Valar Morghulis
02-23-2016, 02:28 PM
The woman signed an affidavitstating there was no contact, right?

My comment was not specific for this case, just that Tex's comment suggesting her lack of accessing support for years was indicative of her bad character was a flawed and largely unhelpful assertion

Poet
02-23-2016, 02:35 PM
My comment was not specific for this case, just that Tex's comment suggesting her lack of accessing support for years was indicative of her bad character was a flawed and largely unhelpful assertion

The same realities cause people to sign affidavits, prenuptial, divorce papers, and all kinds of documents.

thunndarr
02-23-2016, 03:06 PM
Quite a bit of new info coming out about the accuser now. Her house is in foreclosure and she apparently has been recorded saying she leaked the story to Shaun King because she needs money.

NightTerror218
02-23-2016, 03:10 PM
Quite a bit of new info coming out about the accuser now. Her house is in foreclosure and she apparently has been recorded saying she leaked the story to Shaun King because she needs money.

If that is true, time for manning to show her the with the judicial system with a suit. This has been settled for so long.

thunndarr
02-23-2016, 03:26 PM
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1LyGBzyQdwbGN

If anyone is interested...Clay Travis talking to a gentleman who's got audio recordings of the accuser that are "beyond the pale."

TXBRONC
02-23-2016, 03:55 PM

What you're saying is helpful? Not in the least. I didn't say anything horrible all I did was ask a question.

Valar Morghulis
02-23-2016, 04:04 PM
What you're helpful? Not in least. I asked question that all. You don't like it shove it.

I have no idea what language you are trying to communicate with me in. But whatever it is, the tone of it is laughable.

I will stick you back on ignore so that I no longer need to read your drivel and general banal ramblings.

TXBRONC
02-23-2016, 04:06 PM
I have no idea what language you are trying to communicate with me in. But whatever it is, the tone of it is laughable.

I will stick you back on ignore so that I no longer need to read your drivel and general banal ramblings.

Good for you. :wave:

Joel
02-23-2016, 05:46 PM
The same realities cause people to sign affidavits, prenuptial, divorce papers, and all kinds of documents.
Actually, she gave a deposition in a suit she brought: People UNDERstate the grounds of their suit—at the risk of PRISON for perjury—all the time, right, counselor? Because falsely claiming the cause of their complaint is LESS than it actually was really earns jury sympathy and boosts damage awards?

Tennessee's accused of covering up for four athletes accused of RAPE and one accused of exposing his ass: No, (the other) King choosing to ignore the FOUR ACCUSED RAPISTS and instead focus on the ONE exposed ass that was "covered" at length in 1996 AND five years later doesn't "prove his point." It blows his "point" to Hell, because he's taking EXACTLY the racist view he's falsely accusing everyone else of taking. Why?

Because many people sadly do view Cam through races lens, and many of those many are his FANS. For Petes sake, he's not even the most successful black QB, but do you hear anyone complaining about Wilson or Bridgewaters character? No, because (so far as we've seen) they're decent human beings AS WELL AS accomplished athletes. Manning's STILL getting more crap two DECADES after showing his ass than Winston's getting two YEARS after being accused of RAPE; sound like a free pass?

If I get so pissed about how Palestine's covered that I decide to divert attention by bringing up the Holocaust or Diaspora, that doesn't make a well known 70 or 2000 year old event "news" again. But if I claim Anti-Semitism's why everyone's "ignoring" those long past events to focus on current ones, that IS racist.

Poet
02-23-2016, 05:52 PM
I wish I was a counselor. People give flawed or bad testimony all the time for all kinds of reasons. Fear, pressure, anxiety, et al. It manifests everywhere, even possibly here.

He points out that Manning did this and no one cared/people would care more were it Cam or another African American, et al. I don't think I disagree. I think because King 2.0 (am I older than him) talks about how we really talk about violent crimes and race, especially for black men, that's his point. He could be wrong and Manning could be completely innocent and I think he'd still have a point.

Bridgewater and Wilson don't act 'black' though. Not to say that I characterize anyone in having to act a certain way, or that they have to, but Newton is more contemporary in his culture and more vocal about it. He dabs. He dances. He is a vibrant young African American man and he gets shit for dancing contemporary dances all the while we cheer J.J. Watt on for the same things.

But is this a twenty year old scandal within the context that one QB is still harangued for his past college actions and one isn't. The scope is different.

BroncoWave
02-23-2016, 06:33 PM
If you want proof of how the media treats white and black athletes differently, just think of words used to describe their play. White guys are typically praised for being "smart", "gritty", "hard-working", etc while black players are almost exclusively complimented for their athleticism and natural gifts. And this is a phenomenon that has been proven by several studies. By the same token, black athletes tend to be criticized WAY harder for the exact same kinds of things that white athletes typically get a pass for. This isn't to call anyone an overt racist, most of this is probably subconscious, but it definitely happens.

BroncoWave
02-23-2016, 06:36 PM
Here are a couple of good links that bear this concept out:

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/sports-media-is-still-racist-against-black-athletes

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/your-white-guy-code-word-power-rankings.html

The earliest research on this subject emerged as pro football solidified its hold on TV audiences in the 1970s. A 1977 study by Raymond Rainville and Edward McCormick (Extent of Covert Racial Prejudice in Pro Football Announcers' Speech) that analyzed NFL broadcasts matched players of different races according to their stats (fantasy football meets content analysis!). They found that white players were more likely to be praised for good plays, while black players were more likely to be criticized for bad plays.

Almost 20 years later, James Rada of Ithaca College studied NFL broadcaster comments, in his study, Color Blind-sided: Racial Bias in Network Television's Coverage of Professional Football Games. He found that when they described individual players, they would highlight intellect-related qualities for white players, but physical qualities (particularly their appearance) for black players.

In a 2005 follow-up study—Color Coded: Racial Descriptors in Television Coverage of Intercollegiate Sports—Rada looked at college football and basketball games. He again compared comments, but went deeper. His follow-up study actually found that positive comments about the intellect of players were equally distributed. Negative comments about intellect, however, were more often aimed at black players. As for comments about character, again, white athletes received a disproportionate share of positive comments, while black players were more likely to be the focus of negative character comments. And when the athletes were the subject of human interest stories—well, you can imagine which ones got the negative stories.

ShaneFalco
02-23-2016, 06:37 PM

ShaneFalco
02-23-2016, 06:54 PM

Poet
02-23-2016, 07:03 PM
Does any of that mitigate what BW just said, though?

ShaneFalco
02-23-2016, 07:13 PM
this is breaking today. Listen to full show.

Joel
02-23-2016, 07:16 PM
I wish I was a counselor. People give flawed or bad testimony all the time for all kinds of reasons. Fear, pressure, anxiety, et al. It manifests everywhere, even possibly here.
I've never heard of a plaintiff perjuring themself to undercut THEIR OWN CASE, have you?

He points out that Manning did this and no one cared/people would care more were it Cam or another African American, et al. I don't think I disagree.
People DID care; there was a fuss about it when it happened, and MORE fuss about it five years later: That's why moondog brought it up to me two years ago. Shaun King's not exactly "breaking" a story here, or spotlighting something that wasn't already common knowledge for a long time. Hell, do you think MANNING HIMSELF would've REFERENCED the incident in his book if it weren't already well known? "No one knows I did this disgusting thing: Let's change that."

I think because King 2.0 (am I older than him) talks about how we really talk about violent crimes and race, especially for black men, that's his point. He could be wrong and Manning could be completely innocent and I think he'd still have a point.
If he were wrong and Manning totally innocent there'd literally be nothing to talk about here, so no, that would only make his invalid point that much less valid. I think this is a case of "when all you have is identity politics, everything looks like a racist, rapist, or both." It gets really interesting though when the accuser's a white woman and the accused a black man; whom does identity "justice" require we automatically support then, the racist accuser or sexist accused...?

Bridgewater and Wilson don't act 'black' though.
Yeah, I got a president like that: All through the 2008 primary he was "not black enough;" the moment he got nominated he was "too black." As long as we're color- of sex-fixated —obsessed — we can NEVER be sex nor colorblind. We either judge peoples behavior by "the content of their character" or "the color of their skin" and/or shape/preferred genitalia: There's no middle ground. As long as we judge people by superficial qualities, WHY we're bigoted is just rationalization.

Not to say that I characterize anyone in having to act a certain way, or that they have to, but Newton is more contemporary in his culture and more vocal about it. He dabs. He dances. He is a vibrant young African American man and he gets shit for dancing contemporary dances all the while we cheer J.J. Watt on for the same things.
Yeah, or maybe what Cam does isn't inherent to being black, just inherent to being a douche. Show when Watts sulked through a loss (to which he largely contributed) let alone a postgame press conference. Cam doesn't just "celebrate:" He USES TEAM TIME OUTS TO TAKE SELFIES. Name three other players of ANY race who've done that; nameONE. Cam feels entitled because he's God gift to athletics—until he LOSES; then we're all supposed to take our cameras and go away.

Sorry, I refuse to believe that being a douche is a requirement of being black; I've known too many black people who manage to be fine human beings, not by "overcoming" some negative quality supposedly inherent to their race or culture, but by simply being the fine human beings their race and culture produce just as capably as any other race or culture.

But is this a twenty year old scandal within the context that one QB is still harangued for his past college actions and one isn't. The scope is different.
Sure the scope is different: Two DECADES vs. two WEEKS. One got harangued in '96 and again in '02; the others demand a THIRD round of that just to excuse him getting even ONE. Just because he's black; no one brought race into this until Cam did during the SB bye, and no one's kept beating that drum but the people beating the race drum SOLELY for the sake of doing so. Because successful white guys get a pass.

That's why everyone calls Pitts white QB Rapistburger. ;)

thunndarr
02-23-2016, 07:17 PM
She's gone completely off the reservation. In retrospect, knowing a few facts about the accuser over the last two decades, one can put together some interesting conjecture.

Here's what I think likely happened (and one caveat, I believe she is nuts and always has been):

1. She compiled a list of 33 sexual harassment complaints against UT, with the "mooning" incident being the straw that broke the camel's back. I believe that she was waiting and biding her time to file her lawsuit until she had a grievance against a high profile athlete before she made her move. It was immediately after the "mooning" that she took her leave of absence, which, again, means she wasn't much bothered by the other 32 claims. Was she so bothered by the last incident? Or, more likely, did she feel her chances at a payoff were better if she claimed that the actions of the star athlete from the rich family were so traumatic that she couldn't work for 3 months?

2. She sued her first ever professional employer. Suing your employer is almost the definition of burning bridges. Once you get that on your record, you are almost unemployable. So, with that said, she would have wanted to get the biggest payout she could have, which means making the most serious allegations she thought she could get away with. (More serious allegations=more money.) The Manning incident was, by her own affidavit, a non-contact incident. (It would have been in her own best interest to use the 2002 claim in 1996 if she thought she could get away with it. She obviously didn't.)

3. She gets a decent sized payoff from UT. (Of course, after her lawyers took their cut, I would imagine it amounted to maybe 2-3 years of her salary.)

4. Manning screws up and mentions her in his book.

5. She files another suit, gets another payoff.

6. She loses her job and files another lawsuit at her second ever employer. She claims it was Manning's fault, but if you follow her behavior, it is clear that even then she was off her rocker.

7. She has a history of frivolous lawsuits in the ensuing years.

7.5 She spends a good portion of her free time calling people at UT and in Tennessee and making rambling, incoherent and profanity laced tirades.

8. She sends the story to Shaun King because her house is in foreclosure and she needs the money.

9. She overlooked the fact that she has a digital presence and that her insanity is easily detected by anyone with half an ounce of common sense.

10. Manning will eventually be exonerated. What will happen next is that he'll be shown to have dealt with this nutjob with more patience and tact than can really be expected. She really has acted with criminal malice and probably needs professional help.

11. Oh, and let's not forget. There are women who are actual victims, and their credibility has been damaged because of this deranged woman's profiteering. Good job, Shaun King!

ShaneFalco
02-23-2016, 07:21 PM
She is absolutely nuts. Listening to this show....

Joel
02-23-2016, 07:22 PM
She's also source for @shaunking (https://twitter.com/ShaunKing) story meaning accuser has violated NDA & is in deep legal trouble:
I guess the good news for her is that she wasn't under oath when she changed her story to say Manning pressed his "naked butt and rectum" against her face rather than simply dropping trow WITHOUT CONTACT as she stated in her original sworn deposition. I mean, violating an NDA is bad (she sued him for it after his book, even though he didn't specify the events in question nor her by name) but perjury's far worse.

All because the guy who can't get enough camera EVERY time he wins can't get away from cameras fast enough EVERY time he loses. Oh, and Because Racism.

ShaneFalco
02-23-2016, 07:23 PM
This is recent as well, meaning she violated NDA again.

thunndarr
02-23-2016, 07:30 PM
What's amazing is, the Manning clan has had to deal with this nutjob, knowing her claims were baseless and without merit for the last two decades, and the WORST thing he had to say about her, a claim that is an incredible UNDERSTATEMENT in lieu of recent events, was that she has a vulgar mouth.

So yeah, he mentioned her in his book. He probably felt angered enough and wronged enough by this woman over having been accused of sexual harassment, KNOWING she was insane, KNOWING she was only in it for the money, KNOWING that she had damaged his reputation, and he'd probably finally just wanted to clear the air. And the worst he said about her, the very worst thing, was that he'd been out of line, and she had a vulgar mouth.

Joel
02-23-2016, 07:32 PM
11. Oh, and let's not forget. There are women who are actual victims, and their credibility has been damaged because of this deranged woman's profiteering. Good job, Shaun King!
THIS is what pisses me off most. Manning was reportedly worth >$100 million BEFORE his second SB win, but his dad was a career NFL starting QB and his brother has two Rings of his own, so if Peyton will probably always have a pretty nice couch to crash on if he ever needs it. But EVERY time someone cries wolf is just another example ACTUAL wolves can't cite as "proof" NO sexual harrassment or assault accusation's valid.

Holding up Naughright or Shaun King as exemplars of women or blacks serves no one but people bigoted against women or blacks. Presenting vicious, dishonest mercenaries like that as prototypical of GENUINE victims and civil rights activists just serves every bigots claim that there ARE no genuine victims nor civil rights activists, only vicious, dishonest mercenaries "slandering" their "good name."

Poet
02-23-2016, 07:43 PM
I don't think you know much about King if you think he's a bad guy. He's far from a saint or a sinner.

thunndarr
02-23-2016, 08:05 PM
I don't think you know much about King if you think he's a bad guy. He's far from a saint or a sinner.

Wow...Just...wow.

ShaneFalco
02-23-2016, 08:16 PM

i think he stole money from tamir rice family?

Northman
02-23-2016, 08:45 PM
Wow...Just...wow.

Lol, yea. Exactly.

Poet
02-23-2016, 08:49 PM
Irony at its finest - being told in various threads and at various times that I am closeminded and only value my opinion while having some people who make that very same accusation demonstratively conduct those same issues. North, I have asked various times to stop taking potshots at me. The little snide comments should probably stop.