PDA

View Full Version : Shiloh Keo Arrested for DUI

Hardwired
02-13-2016, 11:22 AM
And so the offseason begins.

http://cbs6albany.com/news/nation-world/jail-roster-denver-bronco-safety-shiloh-keo-arrested-for-dui-in-ada-county (http://cbs6albany.com/news/nation-world/jail-roster-denver-bronco-safety-shiloh-keo-arrested-for-dui-in-ada-county)

dogfish
02-13-2016, 11:30 AM
at least he waited. . .

Northman
02-13-2016, 11:35 AM
Nice knowing you Keo, at least you got a ring brother.

tomjonesrocks
02-13-2016, 11:49 AM
Why can't guys with their money afford a Uber...

LTC Pain
02-13-2016, 11:53 AM
Open roster spot.

VonDoom
02-13-2016, 12:08 PM
Guess he's not coming back. Then again, they gave a futures contract to Ryan Murphy, and they sent him home before the Super Bowl

Edmonton Bronco Fan
02-13-2016, 12:19 PM
DUI is the one thing I'll never understand. Maybe it's because I've lost a friend to it, or maybe because all it takes is one iota of common sense... but you have to be a complete ******* idiot to even entertain doing it, IMO.

Nomad
02-13-2016, 12:20 PM
Why can't guys with their money afford a Uber...

^^^^^This! Finding transportation shouldn't be a problem for their wallets. It's too bad.

TXBRONC
02-13-2016, 12:33 PM
Nice knowing you Keo, at least you got a ring brother.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-13-2016, 12:56 PM
He made a mistake and you guys want him cut? He has a family and made a stupid choice, but he doesn't have a history of being a trouble maker.

slim
02-13-2016, 01:10 PM
Helen Mirren is gonna be pissed.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-13-2016, 01:12 PM
Guess he's not coming back. Then again, they gave a futures contract to Ryan Murphy, and they sent him home before the Super Bowl

Difference is that Ryan was not charged with anything. Just his brother was. They sent him home to avoid distractions before SB

Slick
02-13-2016, 01:19 PM
At least he didn't shoot himself cleaning his gun.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-13-2016, 01:21 PM
Ada country....I didn't know he lived here.

Slick
02-13-2016, 01:25 PM
He made a mistake and you guys want him cut? He has a family and made a stupid choice, but he doesn't have a history of being a trouble maker.

He could have killed someone. No excuse for this.

Apart from Uber and taxis, the NFL even has a safe ride program.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-13-2016, 01:27 PM

I agree it was stupid, but I don't agree he should be cut.

OrangeHoof
02-13-2016, 01:31 PM
He's building up his cred for our front office staff.

buffsroam
02-13-2016, 01:33 PM
^^^^^This! Finding transportation shouldn't be a problem for their wallets. It's too bad.

I was out with friends in Denver. I drove and had too much to drink. I took a cab home and called a cab in the morning to retrieve my car. It was towed before 7:00 am. So that cost an additional $175. I know it is cheaper then a DUI, but still the city and the parking lot owners should understand that being responsible should not be punished.

I know this does not really apply to Keo's situation, but it always pisses me off to think about being towed for doing the right thing.

turftoad
02-13-2016, 01:44 PM

Would we be having this conversation if he was pulled over for texting and driving?? I'm not sticking up for him but texting and driving has become just as bad if not worse than drinking and driving.
As a motorcycle rider, it scares the crap out of me.

Northman
02-13-2016, 01:49 PM
I was out with friends in Denver. I drove and had too much to drink. I took a cab home and called a cab in the morning to retrieve my car. It was towed before 7:00 am. So that cost an additional $175. I know it is cheaper then a DUI, but still the city and the parking lot owners should understand that being responsible should not be punished.

I know this does not really apply to Keo's situation, but it always pisses me off to think about being towed for doing the right thing.

You still did the right thing but i agree your car should not be towed when you make the right decision not to drive while impaired.

Nomad
02-13-2016, 01:57 PM

Is $175 pocket change for a guy like you, as is an NFL player?

If I go to a bar, I find a DD or take another means of transportation other than driving. Curious....where was your car parked, if in the bar parking lot, then that's wrong. Unless they have a policy of you having to remove your car after so much time.

Nomad
02-13-2016, 02:00 PM
Would we be having this conversation if he was pulled over for texting and driving?? I'm not sticking up for him but texting and driving has become just as bad if not worse than drinking and driving.

Yeah, seeing those idiots, especially on icy roads, is mind boggling. I'm white knuckling it, and they're texting and driving:tsk:

Northman
02-13-2016, 02:32 PM

My answer is yes, that shit is just as bad but ill go even a step further and say i have seen people who were literally reading newspapers and looking at laptops while driving. Its all insane.

VonDoom
02-13-2016, 02:34 PM
I agree it was stupid, but I don't agree he should be cut.

Well, he's a UFA, so technically he wouldn't be "cut". We have no idea if they wanted him back anyway, but the team has no obligation to him at this point.

Dapper Dan
02-13-2016, 02:43 PM
It's almost as if drunk people use poor judgment.

tomjonesrocks
02-13-2016, 02:44 PM
You still did the right thing but i agree your car should not be towed when you make the right decision not to drive while impaired.

You can't even take a nap in your own car if you're impaired. I don't like that one either.

Dapper Dan
02-13-2016, 02:46 PM
You can't even take a nap in your own car if you're impaired. I don't like that one either.

Get in the trunk. Works every time.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-13-2016, 02:49 PM

I think that varies by state. I believe in Idaho you're ok as long as the keys aren't in the ignition.

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 02:53 PM

Ok, but when they tow the car, they have no way of knowing why it was left there, so that's way easier said than done.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-13-2016, 03:10 PM
Broncos reserve free safety Shiloh Keo was arrested for driving under the influence in Idaho early Saturday.

"We are aware of the matter involving Shiloh Keo and are in the process of reviewing it," said Patrick Smyth, the Broncos' vice president of public relations.

Keo, 28, was booked into the Ada County jail at 2:19 a.m. Saturday by the Idaho State Police. Keo recently tweeted he was heading from Denver to his offseason home in Idaho.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29514258/broncos-safety-shiloh-keo-arrested-dui-idaho

Since the Idaho State Police were involved. Did he stop at a bar somewhere in Idaho, and then get on the road again, or was he drinking while he was driving? Does not appear that it is a situation where he could/would call a taxi, uber, etc. as he was driving to where he lives in Idaho.

Valar Morghulis
02-13-2016, 03:30 PM

Yeah, it might seem harsh. But I do.

He can find normal employment like the rest of us. His family will be fine.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-13-2016, 03:45 PM
Yeah, it might seem harsh. But I do.

He can find normal employment like the rest of us. His family will be fine.

I would agree if he had a history of bad choices. By that standard you should be requesting TJ Ward, Aquib Talib, and Bradley Roby be not allowed on the team.

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 03:47 PM
I would agree if he had a history of bad choices. By that standard you should be requesting TJ Ward, Aquib Talib, and Bradley Roby be not allowed on the team.

It's all about risk/reward for the team. For a fringe player like Keo, you can't really afford to have them getting into shit like this. A star gets more leeway. Fair or not, that's just how it is.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-13-2016, 03:50 PM
It's all about risk/reward for the team. For a fringe player like Keo, you can't really afford to have them getting into shit like this. A star gets more leeway. Fair or not, that's just how it is.

I understand, but I don't have to agree. I think he'll be invited to training camp.

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 04:00 PM
I understand, but I don't have to agree. I think he'll be invited to training camp.

Just because of the sheer timing of it, you could be right. This incident will probably be forgotten by then. Had he done this in July, though, he probably isn't getting invited to camp.

Slick
02-13-2016, 04:07 PM

No argument from me on that, turf. Easily just as dangerous.

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 04:09 PM
No argument from me on that, turf. Easily just as dangerous.

I think I'd almost trust someone more who was drunk but at least paying attention to the road than I would someone who has their face buried in their phone. Not that I'd trust either, but you could definitely make the case that texting could be more dangerous.

Slick
02-13-2016, 04:11 PM
I think I'd almost trust someone more who was drunk but at least paying attention to the road than I would someone who has their face buried in their phone. Not that I'd trust either, but you could definitely make the case that texting could be more dangerous.

Absolutely. I've almost been hit just here in my neighborhood several times by soccer Moms in big SUVs that can't drive in the first place, let alone while they're mashing buttons on their phones.

Or passing dudes on the highway who are swerving like a drunk maniac only to see them texting or reading the phone as I pass them.

Valar Morghulis
02-13-2016, 04:24 PM

Why - were they all arrested for DUI as well?

If they were, then yes, I think all professional athletes should be held to higher account. Maybe not roby as age and celebrity status should/may be a factor in determining suitable punishment

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-13-2016, 05:23 PM
Why - were they all arrested for DUI as well?

If they were, then yes, I think all professional athletes should be held to higher account. Maybe not roby as age and celebrity status should/may be a factor in determining suitable punishment

So, different rules depending on your social status?

Valar Morghulis
02-13-2016, 05:28 PM
So, different rules depending on your social status?

Yeah.

Soldiers take drugs... Lost their jobs.

Young soldiers take drugs.... Gets one life and a rehab program.

Shop worker or plumber takes drugs....... Nothing.

Not all double standards are bad. Equality is not about treating people the same, it is about treating people fairly and proportionately based on their circumstances and position in the world.

turftoad
02-13-2016, 05:31 PM
Absolutely. I've almost been hit just here in my neighborhood several times by soccer Moms in big SUVs that can't drive in the first place, let alone while they're mashing buttons on their phones.

Or passing dudes on the highway who are swerving like a drunk maniac only to see them texting or reading the phone as I pass them.

Its not just texting. I was on the highway the other day and some young chick passed us with her phone up high on her steering wheel. I sped up kind of next to her. She was surfing the effing internet on her phone while she was driving.
Any kind of distractive driving like that irks the hell out of me.
Keep an eye on accidents in the near future. Most are someone being rear ended by a distracted driver. It's getting bad and I think they should get just the same consequences as a drunk driver.

Nomad
02-13-2016, 05:38 PM
Its not just texting. I was on the highway the other day and some young chick passed us with her phone up high on her steering wheel. I sped up kind of next to her. She was surfing the effing internet on her phone while she was driving.
Any kind of distractive driving like that irks the hell out of me.
Keep an eye on accidents in the near future. Most are someone being rear ended by a distracted driver. It's getting bad and I think they should get just the same consequences as a drunk driver.

Was the wind blowing 35 mph with snow packed/ice covered roads.

Nomad
02-13-2016, 05:40 PM
People dismiss it, but eating while driving is another common distracted driving faults that causes accidents.

slim
02-13-2016, 05:57 PM
People dismiss it, but eating while driving is another common distracted driving faults that causes accidents.

You shut your mouf!

DenBronx
02-13-2016, 07:15 PM
Hey he was serviceable and at the vet minimum I'd be ok with having him back. He knows the system and is still young.

slim
02-13-2016, 07:16 PM
You don't have to be sober to cover an onside kick

BroncoWave
02-13-2016, 08:08 PM
I'm just glad he waited until after the Super Bowl to do it. That would have sucked to have a Eugene Robinson 2.0 situation on our hands.

turftoad
02-13-2016, 08:10 PM
I'm just glad he waited until after the Super Bowl to do it. That would have sucked to have a Eugene Robinson 2.0 situation on our hands.

He had a CUI ! Celebrating under the influence!

olathebroncofan
02-13-2016, 10:18 PM

Why not just take the taxi to the event instead of driving.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-13-2016, 10:52 PM
Yeah.

Soldiers take drugs... Lost their jobs.

Young soldiers take drugs.... Gets one life and a rehab program.

Shop worker or plumber takes drugs....... Nothing.

Not all double standards are bad. Equality is not about treating people the same, it is about treating people fairly and proportionately based on their circumstances and position in the world.

I actually agree, to a point, but don't have the motivation to split hairs right now.

I can tell you for certain however, if a plumber in my community tests positive for drugs he will lose his job.

First offense DUI? Not likely.

dogfish
02-13-2016, 11:18 PM
I actually agree, to a point, but don't have the motivation to split hairs right now.

I can tell you for certain however, if a plumber in my community tests positive for drugs he will lose his job.

First offense DUI? Not likely.

he's also not that great, and won't make the roster anyway if we bring bruton and bolden back. . . don't lose too much sleep over it if he does get cut. . . :D

NightTerror218
02-13-2016, 11:21 PM
Adios

OrangeHoof
02-14-2016, 05:26 AM
My answer is yes, that shit is just as bad but ill go even a step further and say i have seen people who were literally reading newspapers and looking at laptops while driving. Its all insane.

And yet when these new "driverless cars" that Google wants to produce become popular, folks could do far worse behind the wheel and totally freak out the rest of us.

FanInAZ
02-14-2016, 07:36 AM

Unfortunately, the "legal system"of all the pro sports league give more extra chances to those with more talent. If Von Miller was the one that got busted, you know the Broncos would be working with him, in spite of the fact that he's already been suspended for off the field issues. For someone that I honestly had never heard of before this article, he's as good as gone.

Dzone
02-14-2016, 09:24 AM
He's not good enough to get away with this kind of crap...Use him as an example and cut him on March 9

BroncoWave
02-14-2016, 09:56 AM
He's not good enough to get away with this kind of crap...Use him as an example and cut him on March 9

He's not under contract, so they can't "cut" him. They can just simply choose not to re-sign him.