PDA

View Full Version : Just rewatched the game

BroncoWave
02-09-2016, 09:14 PM
Breaking news, we still won! It's nice getting to watch the game again through the lens of us already winning. I tend to be stressed out an on edge during games and not really enjoy them as they are happening, so this re-watch was much more fun. Still got just as many goosebumps hearing John say "this one's for Pat" the second time around. This will be the first of many re-watches. Damn it feels good to be the champs.

MasterShake
02-09-2016, 09:54 PM
I felt good after the first quarter and going into halftime. Cam look EXHAUSTED at the end of the second quarter. He was breathing heavy and sweating and looked beat up. I remember getting pissed 20 minutes into the halftime show and thinking he was getting too much time to rest! I wanted to see the defense back out there. When the second half started and I realized we were 30 minutes from another championship I got all worked up again! :lol: It was great to have the lead the entire game.

BroncoWave
02-09-2016, 09:58 PM
I felt good after the first quarter and going into halftime. Cam look EXHAUSTED at the end of the second quarter. He was breathing heavy and sweating and looked beat up. I remember getting pissed 20 minutes into the halftime show and thinking he was getting too much time to rest! I wanted to see the defense back out there. When the second half started and I realized we were 30 minutes from another championship I got all worked up again! :lol: It was great to have the lead the entire game.

We never trailed in either the AFC Championship or the Super Bowl. Against quite possibly the two best offenses in the NFL. That is absolutely incredible.

VonDoom
02-09-2016, 10:33 PM
Breaking news, we still won! It's nice getting to watch the game again through the lens of us already winning. I tend to be stressed out an on edge during games and not really enjoy them as they are happening, so this re-watch was much more fun. Still got just as many goosebumps hearing John say "this one's for Pat" the second time around. This will be the first of many re-watches. Damn it feels good to be the champs.

I haven't watched it all again yet, but I jumped around and watched the two Von strip sacks last night. Then tonight I was waiting for my wife to finish something, so I just picked it up from there at the end, with the CJ touchdown run. I'll be watching it plenty of times in the coming months, I'm sure.

Shazam!
02-09-2016, 10:44 PM
It is just starting to sink in to me that they've won another Championship that I never thought I would see in my life time.

We must relish this moment.

Davii
02-09-2016, 11:16 PM
I haven't watched it again yet as there are too many stories to read, parades to watch, posts to make here, etc. It's on the DVR, and I'll definitely watch it again soon, but for now I'm enjoying talking about it with all of you.

The Glue Factory
02-10-2016, 12:47 PM
I tend to be stressed out an on edge during games and not really enjoy them as they are happening, so this re-watch was much more fun.

I'm just the opposite. I enjoy watching the game live much, MUCH more live. Even if I don't know the outcome of the game watching a recording isn't as fun as live telecast. I enjoy the tension of live games and knowing I'm watching a recording reduces that tension.

BroncoWave
02-10-2016, 12:50 PM
I'm just the opposite. I enjoy watching the game live much, MUCH more live. Even if I don't know the outcome of the game watching a recording isn't as fun as live telecast. I enjoy the tension of live games and knowing I'm watching a recording reduces that tension.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's far more exciting to watch live and far more enjoyable once the game ends in a win, it's just a miserable sort of excitement as it's taking place. :lol:

BroncoWave
02-15-2016, 07:04 PM
So I'm rewatching the game again, and something stuck out to me that could have been a pretty major gaffe by Ron Rivera that hasn't been mentioned. This came on the 4th and 1 play near the goal line right before our FG that put us up 13-7. So on the play, we actually went for it on 4th and 1, but there was a penalty on the play that pushed us back and made us settle for a FG. On the actual play, it was very close on whether CJ actually got the first down or not. I can't figure out for the life of me why Rivera didn't ask for a measurement before accepting the penalty. Had it been measured short, he could have declined the penalty and it would have been a turnover on downs.

Now looking at the replay it looks like he had enough for the first down, but it was so close I can't believe Rivera didn't challenge. Maybe Spike can correct me if I'm wrong, but a coach is allowed to ask for a measurement before accepting or declining a penalty right?

Denver Native (Carol)
02-15-2016, 07:07 PM
So I'm rewatching the game again, and something stuck out to me that could have been a pretty major gaffe by Ron Rivera that hasn't been mentioned. This came on the 4th and 1 play near the goal line right before our FG that put us up 13-7. So on the play, we actually went for it on 4th and 1, but there was a penalty on the play that pushed us back and made us settle for a FG. On the actual play, it was very close on whether CJ actually got the first down or not. I can't figure out for the life of me why Rivera didn't ask for a measurement before accepting the penalty. Had it been measured short, he could have declined the penalty and it would have been a turnover on downs.

Now looking at the replay it looks like he had enough for the first down, but it was so close I can't believe Rivera didn't challenge. Maybe Spike can correct me if I'm wrong, but a coach is allowed to ask for a measurement before accepting or declining a penalty right?

I don't remember when, but Rivera spent his two challenges fairly early in the game. Was this play before or after he used up his two challenges?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-15-2016, 07:09 PM
He could have asked for a measurement I suppose, but it was clearly a 1st down. The major gaffe was that we didn't just kick the fg in the first place.

BroncoWave
02-15-2016, 07:09 PM
I don't remember when, but Rivera spent his two challenges fairly early in the game. Was this play before or after he used up his two challenges?

He had already used both challenges, but you don't have to use a challenge to ask for a measurement. You can do that at any time. There would have been no downside to him requesting a measurement there. Had he gotten the first down, Rivera could have just accepted the penalty.

BroncoWave
02-15-2016, 07:10 PM
He could have asked for a measurement I suppose, but it was clearly a 1st down. The major gaffe was that we didn't just kick the fg in the first place.

I agree it looked pretty clearly like a first down, but hell, there is no downside in asking for a measurement anyway.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-15-2016, 07:15 PM
I agree it looked pretty clearly like a first down, but hell, there is no downside in asking for a measurement anyway.

Yeah....what was scary is if Vasquez didn't tackle the DT CJ would have been dropped for about a 3 yard loss.

Ravage!!!
02-16-2016, 11:06 AM

what was the penalty, pre-snap or post snap?

BroncoJoe
02-16-2016, 11:26 AM

I think it was holding.

BroncoWave
02-16-2016, 11:59 AM

As Joe said, it was holding. So you can decline the penalty and take the yardage.