PDA

View Full Version : John & Kubes talking now on NFL Network

Denver Native (Carol)
02-09-2016, 11:54 AM
some things already said:

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 6m

John Elway said there "is no timeline right now" for a decision from quarterback Peyton Manning. http://es.pn/1Q5r9bi

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 11m

Team president Joe Ellis said Broncos "lucky" to have John Elway as top football executive and said "in our mind... http://es.pn/23UWAzs

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 16m

Broncos president and CEO Joe Ellis said members of Bowlen family used Skype to show Pat Bowlen the victory... http://es.pn/1PM8HsF

VonDoom
02-09-2016, 12:05 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 31m31 minutes ago

Joe Ellis: "Pat [Bowlen] should be here. This is really who should be talking to you right now."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 30m30 minutes ago

Ellis said Bowlen probably would have said after the victory, "If you were surprised by the outcome today, you shouldn't have been."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 27m27 minutes ago

Joe Ellis: The team "kind of embodies" Kubiak's personality: "tough, gritty, selfless, hard-working."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 26m26 minutes ago

Broncos CEO Joe Ellis said he knows we will all debate where Broncos D ranks in history. "I'll say this, Sunday's performance was historic."

VonDoom
02-09-2016, 12:06 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 25m25 minutes ago

John Elway on the Broncos' defense: "That was an historic performance."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 25m25 minutes ago

Elway: "A week into training camp, I looked at Gary and said, I think we’re going to be pretty good on defense."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 25m25 minutes ago

Elway: "To hem [Newton] in the way they did ... and really frustrate him, it was historic ... a lot of fun to watch."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 23m23 minutes ago

Elway on the Broncos' D: "I know one thing, I wouldn't want to have to play them. I'm glad I didn't play them."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 23m23 minutes ago

Elway on the defense: "We road their coattails all the way to the championship. ... They're in the argument to be one of the best ever."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 22m22 minutes ago

Elway: "There's no deadline" for a decision from Manning. Going to enjoy this and let him enjoy it.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 22m22 minutes ago

Elway: Free-agent evaluation has already begun, as has Draft/Combine prep.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 21m21 minutes ago

Elway: "Our goal" is to try to keep the defense together. "That's something we'll start working on right away."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 21m21 minutes ago

Elway: "They're all priorities. ... It's a fluid situation and our budget is only so big."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 21m21 minutes ago

Elway, on Manning's decision: "The key thing is for him to want to come back."

VonDoom
02-09-2016, 12:07 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 25m25 minutes ago

Kubiak: "To be remembered ... you have to put the finishing touch on something, and that's what they did."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 24m24 minutes ago

Kubiak: Dialing back the offense "wasn't by choice" ... felt like they were "playing smart" & playing the field-position game.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 24m24 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak: "All teams are different. You don't force something on them. We knew exactly what we were. .. We held true to our identity."

VonDoom
02-09-2016, 12:09 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 21m21 minutes ago

Elway on Peyton possibly returning: "It's going to be his decision. ... It's up to Peyton to see that process, where he is in his career."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 20m20 minutes ago

Elway, on Miller: "The goal is always to get a long-term deal."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 19m19 minutes ago

Elway: "We'll have to make some tough decisions. ... But we'd much rather have the tough decisions than the easy decisions."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 18m18 minutes ago

Elway on Archie Manning's comment that Peyton was done in Denver. "I don't know why Archie would say that."

Denver Native (Carol)
02-09-2016, 12:11 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m

Kubiak: Steelers loss in Week 15 "was a good turning point," told the players it was time to step up.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m

Kubiak: "All of our young players became contributors ... they've got a lot of snaps under their belt." Will be "very seasoned."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 7m

Elway, on Miller: "The goal is always to get a long-term deal."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m

Elway, on Manning's decision: "The key thing is for him to want to come back."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 10m

Elway: "Our goal" is to try to keep the defense together. "That's something we'll start working on right away."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 10m

Elway: Free-agent evaluation has already begun, as has Draft/Combine prep.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 11m

Elway: "There's no deadline" for a decision from Manning. Going to enjoy this and let him enjoy it.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 11m

Elway: "It's hard to say" the defense is going to be considered the best ever, "but they're in the argument."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 12m

Elway doesn't rank where the defense stacks up in history, but says, "I know I wouldn't want to play them ... we rode their coattails."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 13m

Kubiak: "I don't think we had any plans on being non-aggressive," but the game went that way.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 14m

Kubiak: Dialing back the offense "wasn't by choice" ... felt like they were "playing smart" & playing the field-position game.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 15m

Kubiak: "To be remembered ... you have to put the finishing touch on something, and that's what they did."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 15m

Elway: "To hem [Newton] in the way they did ... and really frustrate him, it was historic ... a lot of fun to watch."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 16m

Elway: "That was a historic performance [for the defense], to have them play & perform the way they played was incredible."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 17m

Joe Ellis: "In our minds, in this building, he [Kubiak] is the coach of the year."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 18m

Joe Ellis: The team "kind of embodies" Kubiak's personality: "tough, gritty, selfless, hard-working."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 20m

Joe Ellis: "This tremendous achievement is largely due to their [Kubiak & Elway's] efforts." Praises Elway's team-building.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 22m

Joe Ellis: "Pat [Bowlen] should be here. This is really who should be talking to you right now."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 23m

Joe Ellis said after the 2/1 practice, Kubiak huddled the team & told them, "Men, congratulations. You finally made it into Stanford."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 24m

Joe Ellis speaks first -- thanks the staff, players, Elway & Kubiak for the season.
2 retweets 2 likes

VonDoom
02-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 17m17 minutes ago

"His presence is here every day." #Broncos HC Gary Kubiak on Mr. Bowlen

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 16m16 minutes ago

Kubiak: "All of our young players became contributors ... they've got a lot of snaps under their belt." Will be "very seasoned."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 15m15 minutes ago

Kubiak: Steelers loss in Week 15 "was a good turning point," told the players it was time to step up.

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 13m13 minutes ago

Coach Kubiak: Loss to @steelers “a turning point. … I told the guys you’ve got to be all in, all the time — not just some of the time."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 12m12 minutes ago

#Broncos Elway said handling the QB situation one of the hardest to deal with "Those type of things take coaches from good to great."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 12m12 minutes ago

Elway on Von Miller: "I think DeMarcus Ware has had a tremendous effect on him, been like a big brother to him. And Von has responded."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 11m11 minutes ago

#Broncos Elway on Von "The bigger the game got, the bigger he played. The maturity he's gone through.. I am proud of him."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 11m11 minutes ago

Kubiak said the first thing that jumped out about Osweiler in his starts was "his toughness."

VonDoom
02-09-2016, 12:13 PM
https://twitter.com/RaulSports/status/697104047212335104

VonDoom
02-09-2016, 03:23 PM
From the parade:

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos announce Feb. 9 as Pat Bowlen Day

https://twitter.com/TheTroyMiller/status/697153334600474624

VonDoom
02-09-2016, 03:37 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 12m12 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak: "This is my football home."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 12m12 minutes ago

Kubiak: "Nobody has played harder than the Denver Broncos this season."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 9m9 minutes ago

Dave Logan to Von Miller, can you do this again? Von: "Back to back, right?"

Denver Native (Carol)
02-09-2016, 06:42 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Before heading to downtown Denver for the Broncos' first world-championship victory parade in 17 years, Executive Vice President/General Manager John Elway and Head Coach Gary Kubiak answered questions at their end-of-season press conference.

A few takeaways from the event:

1. Peyton Manning's future is "basically going to be up to him."

Elway said he will not rush a decision from his starting quarterback on his future.

"The key thing is for him to want to come back," Elway said. "I think the important thing is it's going to be his decision, [until] when we get a chance to sit down and talk to him. That's why it's up to Peyton to see that process, where he is in his career, what he thinks he can do, how he can play, what he wants to do from here on out.

"In talking about retirement, it's hard. You can butt up to that line, but crossing that line and taking that final step and saying, 'I am moving on,' even if it's easy to get there, to that first 99 percent, that last one percent is as hard as that first 99 percent.

"That's why he's going to have the time he needs, and it's basically going to be up to him."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Takeaways-from-John-Elway-and-Gary-Kubiaks-season-ending-press-conference/01d13233-270f-49d9-9178-1a83a94b15e7