PDA

View Full Version : Most Enjoyable Win This Season?

OrangeHoof
02-09-2016, 08:10 AM
Which Broncos game was the most enjoyable/satisfying for you this season?

BroncoWave
02-09-2016, 08:12 AM
Obviously the Super Bowl, but discounting that, I would have to say the first win against the Pats. They were undefeated at the time, and no one was giving us a shot with it only being Brock's second start. Then to come back from 14 down, in the snow, on national TV, to shock the world was just awesome. I think that was about as happy as I've ever been after a regular season game.

BroncoJoe
02-09-2016, 08:17 AM
Obviously the Super Bowl, but discounting that, I would have to say the first win against the Pats. They were undefeated at the time, and no one was giving us a shot with it only being Brock's second start. Then to come back from 14 down, in the snow, on national TV, to shock the world was just awesome. I think that was about as happy as I've ever been after a regular season game.

Definitely.

Northman
02-09-2016, 08:39 AM
Agree with Wave. I kind of knew we could beat GB but going with Oz who i think was only starting his 2nd game with the undefeated Pats was one of the best games of the year for me outside the SB.

BroncoJoe
02-09-2016, 08:47 AM
Yeah - having the SB in there isn't really fair. I took the best regular season game, because clearly the SB win is the best.

Jaws
02-09-2016, 08:55 AM
I chose the Pats, but without following that up with a SB win that would have been meaningless.

Zweems56
02-09-2016, 09:29 AM
Yeah, seems kind of silly to even add SB50 to this. I voted for second most enjoyable, because of the obvious. AFCCG against the Pats. The first Pats game was great, don't get me wrong... I loved the Brock comeback, but the cop-out narrative for that whole game was that the Pats were very injured (I'm aware that we were too, but no one seems to give a shit about our injuries during that game). For the AFCCG, the Pats were back to "full strength" and NO ONE on this earth gave us a chance. That win was SWEET.

TXBRONC
02-09-2016, 09:56 AM
Like Wave discounting the Super Bowl then I would go with the win over the **** Pasties in the AFCCG. The second would be the victory over the ****Pasties during the regular season.

TXBRONC
02-09-2016, 09:58 AM
Agree with Wave. I kind of knew we could beat GB but going with Oz who i think was only starting his 2nd game with the undefeated Pats was one of the best games of the year for me outside the SB.

#NostraNorthman

TXBRONC
02-09-2016, 10:02 AM
Yeah, seems kind of silly to even add SB50 to this. I voted for second most enjoyable, because of the obvious. AFCCG against the Pats. The first Pats game was great, don't get me wrong... I loved the Brock comeback, but the cop-out narrative for that whole game was that the Pats were very injured (I'm aware that we were too, but no one seems to give a shit about our injuries during that game). For the AFCCG, the Pats were back to "full strength" and NO ONE on this earth gave us a chance. That win was SWEET.

**** Pastie fans had a cop out narrative for the AFCCG as well. Their excuse was that they were hurting on the offensive line. There is truth to it but they were not in as bad of shape as the Broncos.

BroncoWave
02-09-2016, 10:18 AM
I will say overall we were extremely lucky with health this season. Losing Clady and Sambrailo sucked for sure but other than those two guys, no key player really missed a ton of time (Yes, Manning, but I think age was more his problem than health). Our defense stayed remarkably healthy all season. Yeah guys like Ware and Ward missed a game here or there, but no key defensive player suffered a season ending injury at any time. In fact, I'm pretty sure Clady and Sambrailo were the only two projected week 1 starters to sustain season-ending injuries. That's extremely fortunate, and is usually one of the big keys to being able to make a Super Bowl run.

We saw first hand two years ago how hard it was to compete in the Super Bowl with such a decimated team.

OrangeHoof
02-09-2016, 10:29 AM
Of course, I was happy after the SB but I really considered the AFCCG the true Super Bowl which is why that got my vote. Even if we had lost to Carolina, I would have been happy that we denied both the Steelers and Patriots. Losing to either of them would have felt far worse.

Plus, listening to all the experts pick the Patriots and then knocking Brady on his ass 20 times was truly satisfying. In addition, the win came early enough in the day to do some serious post-victory celebrating.

Here were my other thoughts:

Beating KC in a game we were behind almost the whole game then shocking everyone with a defensive TD. Way sweet.
The GB win was our most complete victory of the year and it came against an undefeated squad being penciled in for the Super Bowl themselves. This was complete domination in all phases.
The regulation win over *NE was certainly hard to beat. Another game we looked certain to lose until we pulled it out.
The Cincinnati win was significant but I wasn't a work of art. Beating McCarron wasn't like beating Dalton. Still, a big win.
The San Diego win was for the sentimentalists. It was Peyton back in control with the #1 seed on the line (Thanks, Miami)
The post-season wins need no embellishment but they were not artistic successes nor did the Super Bowl have great drama. Like a movie villain, Brady and his evil monster Gronk needed to scare the viewers one more time before succumbing. That's probably why that game was the best of the bunch.

Ravage!!!
02-09-2016, 10:33 AM
I voted for the Super Bowl...but discounting that, it was beating the Patriots in the AFC Championship. INCREDIBLE game, Patriots there for the 10th time, Manning vs Brady (again) against an offense that was said "couldn't be stopped when Gronk and Edelman were healthy." There is just nothing like beating the Patriots (especially in the AFC Chmpionship), except making Cam pout like a bitch.

The Glue Factory
02-09-2016, 10:35 AM
Like Wave discounting the Super Bowl then I would go with the win over the **** Pasties in the AFCCG. The second would be the victory over the ****Pasties during the regular season.

Seeing Belicheat* trying to change the mojo by changing his hoodie was AWESOME!
Even better was seeing that dazed and confused look on CryBaby's* face throughout the 4th quarter.

NightTrainLayne
02-09-2016, 10:36 AM
Most satisfying: Obviously the Super Bowl. You can't top a Super Bowl win.

However, I've been saying since the end of the regular season, "We won 12 games this season (earning the #1 seed) and I only feel confident about one of those wins." "Confident" meaning that I saw something in that win that led me to believe that we could really put it all together and win a Championship. That one game was the Game against the Packers. We dominated in all three facets of that game.

Unfortunately, I never saw us play a complete game like that again. We beat the Steelers in the Divisional round and I said, "We've won 13 games, and I've only been confident after one". Then the *Pats, "We've won 14 games. . ."

Now the SuperBowl. Well now we've won 15, and by God there isn't anyone left to play! What this team, and especially this defense accomplished is just amazing.

Bronco4ever
02-09-2016, 10:42 AM
Such an odd season. Early on we could barely beat the Browns and struggled in a lot of other games. I didn't think this team had what it takes to go all the way. Each game was filled with more drama than we all would've liked. I'd probably have to say the AFCCG, in part because I was there. :cool: It was incredible watching that game and then chanting "Super Bowl!" the whole way out of the stadium. Pretty surreal game and season!

BroncoWave
02-09-2016, 10:45 AM
I was at that Browns game and we looked absolutely nothing like anything resembling a Super Bowl contender. The strides we have made since then are incredible.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-09-2016, 11:03 AM
This year reminded me of 97. We were the underdogs through the playoffs.

Northman
02-09-2016, 11:13 AM
The cherry on top is KC still hasnt been back to a big game. :)

Ravage!!!
02-09-2016, 11:28 AM
The cherry on top is KC still hasnt been back to a big game. :)

we've had to wait a whopping 17 years since WINNING our last one (poor Joel is just suffering up a storm on that long long wait, we are so pathetic)....but its been 45 since the Chiefs have even seen a Super Bowl trip, not to mention since winning one.

Dapper Dan
02-09-2016, 01:46 PM
Ignoring the playoffs, probably the Vikings game. For reasons.

BroncoNut
02-09-2016, 01:52 PM
I liked the Steelers game (playoffs). not a pretty win, but I just hate the Steelers so bad

NightTerror218
02-09-2016, 01:54 PM
AFCCG smacking down Brady so much was fun. 20 hits!!!

Dreadnought
02-09-2016, 03:53 PM
As far as regular season games go, the comeback win v. the Patriots. In fact, that one is in my all time top five

1969 upset v the World Champion Jets - first Bronco game I ever saw televised.
1977 v. the Faid. 7 interceptions versus alleged HOF QB Ken Stabler
1981 v. the Dan Fouts Chargers
2000 MNF v. the Faid (Brian Griese wins with seperated shoulder)
And now this one. It was a beautiful moment

MileHighCrew
02-09-2016, 03:55 PM
Of course Super Bowl, but regular season I agree Pats game, but maybe KC game one with the fumble return TD. Just started learning then how great this Defence is

Ravage!!!
02-09-2016, 04:03 PM
Yeah... I can't forget that first KC game with that remarkable job on the defnse to NEVER GIVE UP...and cause those turnovers, especially that last fumble at the end. Man that was incredible, and the defense, right then....showed that they will always keep us in the game. THEY are the playmakers, and were allllll year long.

CrazyHorse
02-09-2016, 04:10 PM
Besides the Super Bowl I would say ending the Patriots undefeated season followed closely by the Packers.

Joel
02-09-2016, 04:33 PM
CJ jump cutting through the snow to run circles around the Cheats will be my enduring memory of the 2015 Championship Season. Dude's a stud.

TXBRONC
02-09-2016, 04:36 PM
CJ jump cutting through the snow to run circles around the Cheats will be my enduring memory of the 2015 Championship Season. Dude's a stud.

I didn't think you had it in you to find a game you could be positive about. Good on you Joel.

olathebroncofan
02-09-2016, 04:40 PM
For me, in this order,

The green Bay game, pats game 1, cincy, and pats game 2.

Each one except for the Cincy game we were supposed to lose, but we found a way to win.

The most entertaining game to watch was that week 2 game vs KC.

I can't say anything about the superbowl because I thought we were gonna lose badly. Plus the superbowl means that there is no more football for 5 to 6 months.

Joel
02-09-2016, 04:41 PM
We saw first hand two years ago how hard it was to compete in the Super Bowl with such a decimated team.
SO tired of that narrative: All but ONE of our injured starters in SB XLVIII injuries were DEFENSIVE, and Elway himself said that D "kept us in the game." Cladys injury didn't destroy our offense, Seattles D and the inability of FOUR other HEALTHY offensive linemen did. The better team won, which is why I wanted to dump Fox Co. for Kubiak, Phillips and Dennison on the spot, even knowing no SB team would replace its staff with the one the LAST PLACE team just fired.

We were less racked by injuries this year, but losing BOTH starting OTs ALL year was critical; look how much NE* screams about lacking ONE. The big thing was, as you say, that most other injuries were brief, though I did worry about lacking both Bruton and Bolden in the SB (especially after both Ward and Stewart went down at the end of the Stealers playoff.)

The Glue Factory
02-09-2016, 04:51 PM
I didn't think you had it in you to find a game you could be positive about. Good on you Joel.

Now go give him a high five for the post. :idea:

DenBronx
02-10-2016, 03:46 AM
SB
AFCCG
and beating Pats in regular season.

In that order but I wish we would have swept the raiders too just to help close the gap on the H2H wins vs loses with them.

This has been a magical year. I will live on this high forver.

MasterShake
02-10-2016, 08:42 AM
Like others said, not counting the Super Bowl of course but I picked the Green Bay game. I was on a road trip with my family and just got into our little Air B&B house to settle in after a long 8 hour drive to Omaha (how appropriate!). It was a few days before my birthday and I just sat there watching them dismantle Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay and having a blast! I think that was my first indication that we had a special defense.

People kept saying, "Yeah but who have they played?" and then we go out and do that. Plus I think that was our best team game overall, even Manning looked great. We had been winning games up until that point, but for me that was the earliest sign that my irrational love for this team might have some meat to it this season. And boy did it!

Edmonton Bronco Fan
02-10-2016, 02:44 PM
Beating New England never gets old. Both wins against them were extremely satisfying. Ditto what Shake said about the Green Bay game as well. This team rose to the occasion the most when nobody gave them a chance,

But as stated, the Super Bowl is obviously the one that was most enjoyable.

Locnar
02-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Seeing the team I have loved since my very first memories hold a super bowl trophy is like no feeling I can describe. To add on top of that, making Cam and Norman cry is the sweetest icing on the cake.

MasterShake
02-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Beating New England never gets old. Both wins against them were extremely satisfying. Ditto what Shake said about the Green Bay game as well. This team rose to the occasion the most when nobody gave them a chance,

But as stated, the Super Bowl is obviously the one that was most enjoyable.

Yeah loved the New England win, but the Green Bay game really was a signature game and showed us what was to come.