PDA

View Full Version : Can the Broncos repeat?

Yashahla17
02-08-2016, 10:25 PM
In you all minds will the Broncos repeat next year as the champs?

Granted we have a few key guys to lock up BUT if elway makes things happen as he tends to do and brings back our key guys on top of the draft i think we have a awesome shot at repeating as champs.

Also believe the offensive line will be pretty damn good next year as well which will open up the run game and kubiak play calling.

Just imagine having a good offense next year with this elote defense..... :D

Do we repeat?

ShaneFalco
02-08-2016, 10:51 PM
only with peyton as qb

;)

CrazyHorse
02-08-2016, 10:57 PM
I don't think our defense will be as good. I still think they'll be top 5 though. The offense should be better especially if they get the issues with the offensive line addressed. Right now I'd say we have as good a chance as anybody.

MasterShake
02-08-2016, 11:01 PM
I think it will be tough unless we get better on offense. I just think of all the teams that won Super Bowls with great defense and how much of a struggle it is to keep teams together as well as maintain chemistry. The Buccaneers, The Ravens, even Seattle seem to lose their luster pretty quick. Honestly in some ways after all the confetti has settled, Super Bowl 50 feels like an ending instead of a beginning. I hope I'm wrong, of course, but this feels like a culmination of the last 4 years. That is not to say we are in rebuilding mode that Manning is likely on his way out. Far from it! I just think its hard to repeat as Champions.

The thing I like most about this team right now is that we are reinforcing our status as a team that chases championships. We aren't content to just make the playoffs. Speaking of right now, I think I'm just going to enjoy this win and not get too caught up in the future. I like our potential, but I will soak in this moment for awhile longer.

BroncoWave
02-08-2016, 11:07 PM
Who knows. I'm just so happy about last night it will be a long time before I start worrying about if/when we can win the next one.

I think now that I've gotten to see us win a Super Bowl in my adult life, I'm going to be way less stressed out about how we do in the future. Like, I think this will hold me over for a really long time. I'll still want us to do well obviously, but it won't be as crushing if we don't. I can just watch and enjoy our games knowing we are the champs instead of being stressed as hell during them. I'm really looking forward to it.

ShaneFalco
02-08-2016, 11:11 PM
trade manning for todd gurley emo

Yashahla17
02-08-2016, 11:12 PM
I don't think our defense will be as good. I still think they'll be top 5 though. The offense should be better especially if they get the issues with the offensive line addressed. Right now I'd say we have as good a chance as anybody.

Why dont you believe in you the defense being super elite going forward? Mostly everyone should be back and we have a chance to get deeper via draft.

Yashahla17
02-08-2016, 11:15 PM
I think it will be tough unless we get better on offense. I just think of all the teams that won Super Bowls with great defense and how much of a struggle it is to keep teams together as well as maintain chemistry. The Buccaneers, The Ravens, even Seattle seem to lose their luster pretty quick. Honestly in some ways after all the confetti has settled, Super Bowl 50 feels like an ending instead of a beginning. I hope I'm wrong, of course, but this feels like a culmination of the last 4 years. That is not to say we are in rebuilding mode that Manning is likely on his way out. Far from it! I just think its hard to repeat as Champions.

The thing I like most about this team right now is that we are reinforcing our status as a team that chases championships. We aren't content to just make the playoffs. Speaking of right now, I think I'm just going to enjoy this win and not get too caught up in the future. I like our potential, but I will soak in this moment for awhile longer.

We will all enjoy this championship, but I'm sure in a few days Elway is gearing up mentally for another run, so am i. I dont think from here on out ill be content with not winning another one because of this one. This is the 3rd one I've seen us win. Makes me want a 4th and 5th.

Enjoy the glory of winning it all though bro.

Sorry this post was for broncowave.

Yashahla17
02-08-2016, 11:17 PM
trade manning for todd gurley emo

Delvin cook out of florida state would be my dream draft RB. Love what he could bring to the back field for the broncos to help us going forward.

MasterShake
02-08-2016, 11:21 PM
Who knows. I'm just so happy about last night it will be a long time before I start worrying about if/when we can win the next one.

I think now that I've gotten to see us win a Super Bowl in my adult life, I'm going to be way less stressed out about how we do in the future. Like, I think this will hold me over for a really long time. I'll still want us to do well obviously, but it won't be as crushing if we don't. I can just watch and enjoy our games knowing we are the champs instead of being stressed as hell during them. I'm really looking forward to it.

Same here. There is something very satisfying about winning this Super Bowl that will hold me over for quite some time.

Joel
02-08-2016, 11:22 PM
Magic 8-Ball says: "Ask again after Free Agency." Important thing is: First team to 9 wins. I kinda doubt we repeat (though I dare ANYONE to call Kubiak a bad coach if we do) but if Oz is for real, Elway and Kubiak let Dennison fix the line/it gets healthy and we can deal with FA losses on the D while extending guys like Roby, Webster and Marshall, I think we can win one or two more within the next five years.

Be fun doing that while watching Belicheat and Bradys world collapse on them; I kinda feel like Peyton pulling ahead for good's the beginning of the end for them, too.

MOtorboat
02-08-2016, 11:27 PM

Edmonton Bronco Fan
02-08-2016, 11:32 PM
Doesn't matter... don't even wanna think about next season at the moment. Let's bask in the afterglow of this one for the next few months... and beyond.

Yashahla17
02-08-2016, 11:47 PM
Shiiiiiit well you all go ahead and drool over winning this one the rest of the decade. I am indeed already looking forward and enjoying at the same time. I'm mad you got a couple people acting like they just actually played the season and the game and gotta sit back, heal up,and just enjoy this one lol.

I feel like john elway, it's already time to start looking forward while enjoying.

Joel
02-09-2016, 12:32 AM
Shiiiiiit well you all go ahead and drool over winning this one the rest of the decade. I am indeed already looking forward and enjoying at the same time. I'm mad you got a couple people acting like they just actually played the season and the game and gotta sit back, heal up,and just enjoy this one lol.

I feel like john elway, it's already time to start looking forward while enjoying.
It's been a DAY; I doubt even Elway's looking seriously at next season yet. This time in '98 and '99 Kubiak was on his way to find out if his starting QB would be back: Manning's pretty much said he won't even TRY to answer that $17 million question for WEEKS, and then there's another $10 million for Ware and about $5 million for Daniels to consider. Pretty sure Elway'll want to know whether he has $30 million more in his back pocket before he looks 2016.

Your boy will get his chance. He'll probably have to compete for the starting job in camp, hopefully with someone like Stafford (maybe even Stafford himself: if Philly wants to clean house he ought to come cheap.) I can tell you we won't go into 2016 with nothing but Siemian behind Oz. I wouldn't want to rely on Stafford all year, but if he beat Oz in camp he'd be the better choice almost by definition; if not, he'd be more reliable injury insurance than a late-round soph with no starts.

I still wouldn't be surprised if we brought in Yates (a FA who started Kubiaks first playoff win when the 5th round rookie was the best McNair allowed him to draft to prevent Schaub getting everyone fired) or Keenum (a FA Kubiak really liked out of U of H the following year, but had to hope no one ELSE liked since McNair wouldn't even let him spend a SEVENTH round pick on the guy.) Both Yates and Keenum started this year; no idea whom McNair will start next year.

THAT'S JUST ONE POSITION! BOTH our nominal starting OTs are on IR. So's our rookie 3rd round TE and BOTH the top two backup safeties who are also ST captains. I have NO clue what our line will look like apart from Vasquez and (probably) Paradis. We'll probably have to replace a stud starting ILB and DE at a minimum; I'm hoping we do extensions for Roby and Webster now and save $7 million dumping Talib. And there's plenty more.

Hold your water better than a Broncos OT, dude. ;) This championship was long enough coming and hard enough fought to merit savoring more than a DAY. Precisely because we DON'T know when there'll be another.

Bronco4ever
02-09-2016, 12:51 AM
Same here. There is something very satisfying about winning this Super Bowl that will hold me over for quite some time.

I have always dreamed of hearing "This one's for Pat", but just seeing it actually happen was beautiful and poetic. The win was like one big tribute to the most selfless owner in all of sports.

Yashahla17
02-09-2016, 01:02 AM
Combine coming up the 23rd, I'm actually excited about next year after winning the chip.

MOtorboat
02-09-2016, 01:29 AM
*'ship.

English, bro.

7DnBrnc53
02-09-2016, 01:32 AM
Magic 8-Ball says: "Ask again after Free Agency." Important thing is: First team to 9 wins. I kinda doubt we repeat (though I dare ANYONE to call Kubiak a bad coach if we do) but if Oz is for real, Elway and Kubiak let Dennison fix the line/it gets healthy and we can deal with FA losses on the D while extending guys like Roby, Webster and Marshall, I think we can win one or two more within the next five years.

Be fun doing that while watching Belicheat and Bradys world collapse on them; I kinda feel like Peyton pulling ahead for good's the beginning of the end for them, too.

That would be cool to win two more in the next four years, and be the team of the 2010's (three SB wins and four appearances).

Yashahla17
02-09-2016, 01:59 AM
That would be cool to win two more in the next four years, and be the team of the 2010's (three SB wins and four appearances).

Now we're talking

Yashahla17
02-09-2016, 02:00 AM
We have a legit shot at being a dynasty.

Northman
02-09-2016, 06:50 AM

Exactly.

After we won the pair in the late 90's i was good for about 3-4 years but then the itch started coming back. But now, im good for another 3-4 years because i at least know we got it done recently.

OrangeHoof
02-09-2016, 10:05 AM
I consider the Manning Era over in Denver and the team will backslide a bit. Repeating is tough and we have got to get better on offense while not taking too much away in defense. We have to fight complacency and keep all our key players. How Ossie does without the security blanket will also be important.

NightTerror218
02-09-2016, 10:08 AM
Depend on how FA unfolds. Who we keep in FA and the QB situation. Too many questions to answer. I would say we are favorites for our division shoe in for playoffs.

MasterShake
02-09-2016, 10:12 AM
I consider the Manning Era over in Denver and the team will backslide a bit. Repeating is tough and we have got to get better on offense while not taking too much away in defense. We have to fight complacency and keep all our key players. How Ossie does without the security blanket will also be important.

Exactly. How do you keep that passion and drive? Its hard to keep the underdog card going for long and other coaching staffs are already picking apart our defensive tendencies. Plus we just can't keep everyone, not with the salary cap issues.

BroncoWave
02-09-2016, 10:21 AM
Exactly. How do you keep that passion and drive? Its hard to keep the underdog card going for long and other coaching staffs are already picking apart our defensive tendencies. Plus we just can't keep everyone, not with the salary cap issues.

There is also the matter of staying healthy. Our defense stayed EXTREMELY healthy this year. That will be hard to repeat.

Ravage!!!
02-09-2016, 10:35 AM
Why dont you believe in you the defense being super elite going forward? Mostly everyone should be back and we have a chance to get deeper via draft.

Same reason the '85 Bears didn't reapeat, nor the 2000 Ravens.

BroncoBuckeye73
02-09-2016, 10:41 AM
Its hard to repeat but the Broncos have a history of going to Super bowls in bunches. If we do great but I think we may not make it next year as we play in the stronger AFC with the Steelers, Patsies, and everyone else gunning for us. But we will play an easier, on paper, schedule next year against the 2 south divisions so if we lock up homefield again who knows.

arapaho2
02-09-2016, 12:56 PM
I think ware and clady would restructure to save cap space for a chance at another ring, I think manning is gone 19 mill there, if OD retires that's 4.5 mill, if not we have dead money hit but save 2.5 by cutting him

with clady and sambrailo on the tackle spots as opposed to harris and scho...our offense is ten times better already, if we can get Vasquez to restructure himself in his last year to save money, and Garcia can take over for mathis, we will have a much better oline and save some cap

cj and hillman know the game, rbs are all over, so I expect to sign at least one for a decent contract...the offensive priority is oz

we get OZ and the offense will improve greatly over this year

I expect malik to leave, he is a vital piece but we will not over pay, von will be signed I have no doubt Elway will not let him go and has already sent him a brand new fax machine
that leaves marshal and trev, will they take team friendly contracts or test the market

TXBRONC
02-09-2016, 01:12 PM
Depend on how FA unfolds. Who we keep in FA and the QB situation. Too many questions to answer. I would say we are favorites for our division shoe in for playoffs.

Denver will go into next season as a Super Bowl contender. How things shake out from there is anyone's guess.

BroncoNut
02-09-2016, 01:32 PM
I just can't discuss things with someone that condemns people to an afterlife of hell.

I mean I can make fun of them and try to get them going and all

MOtorboat
02-09-2016, 02:12 PM
Denver needs an elite quarterback to continually be Super Bowl contenders. Winning in that manner probably isn't going to happen again.

Can Osweiler be the guy? I'm not sure. My gut says 'no.'

For the record, I'm probably not going to give a shit about this until August.

NightTerror218
02-09-2016, 02:42 PM
Denver will go into next season as a Super Bowl contender. How things shake out from there is anyone's guess.

Vegas as them as #4 favorites right now.

Valar Morghulis
02-09-2016, 02:43 PM
For the record, I'm probably not going to give a shit about this until August.

I think I will be the same, but maybe only until the draft.... Just loving it right now.

BroncoNut
02-09-2016, 02:45 PM
I like your take Mo and I'm not saying that to troll you. you called it on Cutler early, I remember asking you if Cutler was a bust. you said yes and then I set you back down. And well,... the rest is history

I'm not sure about Oz at this point, no one is, but I might be less sure. I think we should move forward with him, but really need to see him throughout a season. it seem like he has a good head on his shoulders.

BroncoBuckeye73
02-09-2016, 02:52 PM
I dont see Oz as ever being an elite top 5 qb, but I can see him being an above average one. With a full offseason with our recievers, hopefully DT shows up just to relearn how to catch, he could be in the top ten next year. Even in the top 15 he could give us a good shot to repeat but thats aways down the road.

Joel
02-09-2016, 03:41 PM
Winning in that manner probably isn't going to happen again.
But can Manning in that winner happen again?

I'm sorry; couldn't resist. :redface:

pulse
02-09-2016, 04:04 PM
Denver holds this defense together and they will be a contender next season. The road in the AFC West will go through Denver again because I do not feel threatened by the other teams in the division. With Brock as QB, all Denver has to do is play to their strengths. Improve the offensive line and run th ball effectively and they will once again win a lot of close games. 11-to-12 wins is very realistic. Get a first round bye and anything is possible. The team is too good not to make another run.

Hawgdriver
02-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Yes, they could. If you give Kubiak a clean slate to install his offense with his favored personnel, there will be an increase in production. The defense will drop off with Trevathan, Jackson, Bruton, Marshall, Anderson, and Von all hitting FA. If you can keep Bruton, Miller, Trevathan, and Jackson, you still have the ingredients of a championship defense. Also would like to keep Ware for leadership as much as production. The value of the leadership is always underappreciated. I don't see this year's championship without Ware. Hopefully all these parties can agree to terms because they have something special. You could almost run wishbone or option on offense w/o a qb and have a playoff team. The Broncos defense tied the production of their SB50 opponent in terms of points. It's an incredibly special team, and if you can keep the core intact, keep some important pieces, you could ride this momentum next year sans Manning.

Hawgdriver
02-09-2016, 04:10 PM
That's about all the thought I'm going to give it.

TXBRONC
02-09-2016, 04:55 PM
Exactly.

After we won the pair in the late 90's i was good for about 3-4 years but then the itch started coming back. But now, im good for another 3-4 years because i at least know we got it done recently.

I'm still excited about Denver winning and I'm enjoying it but I would love for Denver to repeat next season.

NightTerror218
02-09-2016, 05:47 PM
I am excited to see what the offense can do in yr 2 of a system without manning.

The Glue Factory
02-09-2016, 07:16 PM
I'm not sure about Oz at this point, no one is, but I might be less sure. I think we should move forward with him, but really need to see him throughout a season. it seem like he has a good head on his shoulders.

The way I see it is that Brock is a "best of the rest" option. There's not a lot of QB talent out there to choose from and picking last in the draft will be better used on the Oline or some other need. Better to lock Brock in now even if it is to bridge from here to our next SB QB and cut him.