PDA

View Full Version : Grading Officiating as Broncos go 6-0 with Clete Blakeman

OrangeHoof
02-08-2016, 01:04 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/198038/grading-the-officials-as-broncos-improve-to-6-0-in-clete-blakemans-games

In general, Blakeman's crew received a B and the blog exonerates the refs more than criticizes. As someone often suspicious of conspiracy, I thought the officials helped the Broncos some but not egregiously so. I felt they missed some blatant holding calls on the tackle who tried to block Von Miller all night. I guess they decided as long as Miller was still dressed when the play was over that it wasn't holding.

The only Steeler-like call was when the Panthers were flagged for defensive holding on third and goal very late in the fourth quarter when the Broncos would have been forced to kick yet another FG had the incomplete pass stood although it looked from the one replay that the defensive holding was too blatant to ignore even though Rivera tried to say it was uncatchable.

Anyway, read the review then read the comments.

The Glue Factory
02-08-2016, 01:38 PM
Defensive holding does not consider whether the ball is catchable or not, to my understanding of that penalty.

SR
02-08-2016, 01:41 PM
Defensive holding does not consider whether the ball is catchable or not, to my understanding of that penalty.

That's accurate.

Dapper Dan
02-08-2016, 02:19 PM
I thought they were pretty fair. They missed some on both sides. They're human. It's part of the game.

Joel
02-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Vons second strip-sack: http://tinyurl.com/gwyrw9x Ref's looking RIGHT at it (albeit from the rear:) No flag. Saw one earlier where Remmer started pulling him down with his inside hand, then finished with a shove in the back from his outside hand: No flag.

underrated29
02-08-2016, 03:22 PM
It was pretty well done.

Many holds were not called on von and ware.
Roby got away with one on Ginn, i think it was.

Refs certainly did not make a factor in this game.

arapaho2
02-08-2016, 03:26 PM
its a wash...nobody can justifiably say we benefitted from calls
the holding on DT was in fact holding, doesn't matter the overthrow

non calls on holding our pass rushers is something we have dealt with all year, I thought the tackles for Carolina got away with way to many early jumps, cam should have got at least one IG as it was iffy if he was out of the pocket and the ball did not make it past the LOS
I thought the refs were pretty lenient on both sides of the DBs...but let them play

pretty fair game

DenBronx
02-08-2016, 04:11 PM
He's our lucky ref!!