PDA

View Full Version : I'm changing my profile name to not include Colt....any ideas?

BronColt
02-08-2016, 12:39 PM
This morning, the air was sweeter, the weight was lighter, the water was more refreshing, the aches in my legs arms back and neck were gone. Today I awoke a Champion, with my team celebrating a Super Bowl victory. It was a life changing moment for me personally, to experience something like that first hand and to come out on top, it was truly a very special and unique moment in my life.

I became a Peyton Manning fan years ago when I met my wife, who went to school with Peyton in Tennessee. She told me, "You should watch Peyton Manning, he's gonna be pretty good!" Well I did watch Peyton Manning, his entire career with the Colts and am proud to say I have NEVER missed a single game he's played; with the Colts or Broncos.

I learned a lot about life being a Peyton Manning fan. I learned what hard work, integrity, desire and a true love for your profession can do if you never quit and always do things the right way. I learned that you often fail more times than you succeed and that it's not about how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you get back up. If you ever get the opportunity, go out on top no matter how long or hard you have to work to do that. In the end, if you're exhausted with nothing left on the field of battle, having spent every ounce of energy and emotion to achieve victory, you will never look back at life with regrets, or wishing you could have done something better for yourself.

You all on this forum have been my sounding board and source of comfort through this highly emotional season this has been. Every peak and valley I have been here, sharing or seeking knowledge and opinions. It really has been a pleasure sharing this season with you all on here, and all of the Broncos fans I met here in San Fran; including you DenBronx.

There are lots of different things I'm feeling right now, emotionally exhausted and haven't gone to sleep yet, as are most or all of you. There is one thing however that I am 100% absolutely positively certain about. I am a lifelong Broncos fan from this point moving forward and for the rest of my life!

I think my screen name implies that I am a fan of two teams, and although I became a fan of Peyton Manning by watching him with the Colts, I became a fan of football by watching him with the Broncos. The Broncos showed last night what it was to win as a team, and as someone said last night from the team, "Sometimes you are the one that is carrying, and sometimes it is you who is being carried. That means something to me, how to do it the right way, and how doing something for someone else is far more rewarding than anything you can ever do for yourself.

With that said, I would like to change my Profile name as to not include anything to do with any other team EXCEPT for the Broncos.

If any of you have any ideas, I'd like to roll that out to you guys to decide; post some ideas here and I'll pick from something that all of you guys like.

Just as all Colts grow up to be Broncos, so will I.

When I was a child (Colt), I spoke as a child (Colt), I understood as a child (Colt), I thought as a child (Colt); but when I became a man (Bronco), I put away childish things.

Congratulations Broncos, Super Bowl 50 Champions!

Buff
02-08-2016, 12:41 PM
You should be known as Possum 'round here.

weazel
02-08-2016, 12:44 PM
Broncopossum

Joel
02-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Broncopossum
This must be.

OrangeHoof
02-08-2016, 01:08 PM
The Ghost of Mannings Past

BronColt
02-08-2016, 01:11 PM
Broncopossum

I'm feeling BroncoPossum, that work for everyone else?

BroncoJoe
02-08-2016, 01:16 PM
I think PossumBronco has a nicer ring to it.

BronColt
02-08-2016, 01:22 PM

Agreed

BroncoJoe
02-08-2016, 01:23 PM
Hey man - I made a comment in your other thread that I kind of regret.

Glad you had such a great time, and appreciate the pictures, updates and meeting one of the members here.

Poet
02-08-2016, 01:23 PM
'The Possum' is the best way to go.

BroncoJoe
02-08-2016, 01:24 PM
'The Possum' is the best way to go.

No one should take forum name suggestions from you.

Poet
02-08-2016, 01:24 PM
No one should take forum name suggestions from you.

I should be meaner to you.

BroncoJoe
02-08-2016, 01:27 PM
I should be meaner to you.

You should change your name back.

BronColt
02-08-2016, 01:40 PM
[QUOTE=BroncoJoe;2458154]Hey man - I made a comment in your other thread that I kind of regret.

Glad you had such a great time, and appreciate the pictures, updates and meeting one of the members here.[/QUOTE

All is forgiven, emotions were running strong these last couple months. We won and I was so proud to be part of this experience.

I know I was a little obnoxious at times, but I can't tell you all how strongly I felt that the Broncos were going to win it all this year. I had faith, and not so silent opinions on how I felt it was all gonna go down. Meeting DenBronx and putting a face behind a name that I've been so familiar with on here, and the conversations we had really changed my perspective on a lot of things. I have a much greater respect for the team and everyone else on this board.

Thank you all for putting up with me, and I look forward to talking to you guys for years to come.

It's been a pleasure.

Valar Morghulis
02-08-2016, 01:43 PM
What about valar doharis ?

J/k

The possum or any variety of it works great for me. After all out was that initial thread that you made your mark, and everyone thought you were a serial killer... Well I did anyway. And I should know.

Poet
02-08-2016, 01:48 PM
You should change your name back.

It hurts that SR hi-fived this.

King87 is dead, Joe. I'm a different man.

BroncoJoe
02-08-2016, 01:55 PM
It hurts that SR hi-fived this.

King87 is dead, Joe. I'm a different man.

No you're not.

You should have just simplified it to King.

Poet
02-08-2016, 01:55 PM
No you're not.

You should have just simplified it to King.

The King is dead, Joe. Just let him die.

BroncoJoe
02-08-2016, 01:56 PM
The King is dead, Joe. Just let him die.

The King will live forever!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/63/77/69/637769ed20efba2e75e276bf82a2c23b.jpg

Poet
02-08-2016, 01:57 PM
It's kind of arrogant to call yourself King87 or King. I wanted a symbolic change.

Joel
02-08-2016, 03:12 PM
Except that's not a pun; you must suck at dad jokes (not sure if that's good or bad.) Folks should submit a few more options, then change the thread to a poll. :tongue:

Davii
02-08-2016, 03:18 PM
I like any variation of Possum.

Dapper Dan
02-08-2016, 03:21 PM
I like any variation of Possum.

Me too. Except for just Possum because that's George Jones.

Ziggy
02-08-2016, 05:06 PM
How about Stalker? Manning still have that restraining order against you?

LawDog
02-08-2016, 05:16 PM
For some continuity I suggest:

BroncOpossum

BronColt
02-08-2016, 05:49 PM

BroncOpossum

I'm diggin it

BroncoBuckeye73
02-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Well with the colt part in your name I thought you were from Indiana so I was going to suggest HoosierBronco

DenBronx
02-08-2016, 06:37 PM
When I became a Broncos fan it was mainly because of Elway. Then I fell in love with the whole damn team. Everyone becomes a fan because of something or someone. After meeting BronColt I can tell you this guys....he's a true fan of the Broncos now. I personally think the possum thread was epic bc it happened at a time when all of us didn't think we would really win anything this year. Manning did just enough to manage the game through the playoffs. No, he didn't have 300 plus yards in the SB but he played smart and actually drove the team down the field for the first score of the game. Mentally that was huge from the start in our favor!

I like BroncoPossum better! Lol

Glad you had an epic trip Dan, you will never forget it. Welcome to the brotherhood!!

BronColt
02-08-2016, 07:04 PM
BroncoPossum it is!

Mods can you help me change my profile name? I can't find that option. Thanks all for your feedback, it's great to be a part of history with you all! GO BRONCOS!!

Dapper Dan
02-08-2016, 07:46 PM
BroncoPossum it is!

Mods can you help me change my profile name? I can't find that option. Thanks all for your feedback, it's great to be a part of history with you all! GO BRONCOS!!

Send Tned a PM. I think that's the only way to do it. He's a busy dude but he will get around to it soon.

Dapper Dan
02-08-2016, 07:47 PM

BroncOpossum

I like this one for the play on words.

BroncoWave
02-08-2016, 07:50 PM
Send Tned a PM. I think that's the only way to do it. He's a busy dude but he will get around to it soon.

Any of the mods can change it.

Dapper Dan
02-08-2016, 07:54 PM

Those lazy ******s. (Jk)

Joel
02-08-2016, 10:45 PM
Those lazy ******s. (Jk)
Name changed to "Mouthy Bitch" in 3... 2... 1.... ;)

Davii
02-08-2016, 11:06 PM

Not true. Only Tned can.

BroncoWave
02-08-2016, 11:09 PM
Not true. Only Tned can.

Hmm, I could have sworn a mod changed mine. Shows what I know. :lol:

Davii
02-09-2016, 01:35 AM
Hmm, I could have sworn a mod changed mine. Shows what I know. :lol:

I believe I asked Tned on your behalf, I'm not sure though.