PDA

View Full Version : Letting it Sink In.....

WARHORSE
02-08-2016, 12:36 PM
​Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Superbowl 50 World Champion Denver BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rjent
02-08-2016, 12:40 PM
I have been privileged to have watched every Superbowl the Broncos have played in. 97 was a high like no others, this one is just as sweet.

Congratulations to the Broncos and the fans. What a season, game, and team!

Way to go Broncos! :D

BroncoJoe
02-08-2016, 12:42 PM
I have been privileged to have watched every Superbowls the Broncos have played in. 97 was a high like no others, this one is just as sweet.

Congratulations to the Broncos and the fans. What a season, game, and team!

Way to go Broncos! :D

Nothing will ever top '97, but this one is definitely the second best. Elway, Kubes, Manning, Ware.

And, especially PAT!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-08-2016, 12:55 PM
It still seems surreal.

Zweems56
02-08-2016, 01:01 PM
The first Super Bowl victory that I've been old enough to truly appreciate. Grade school doesn't count for me. Saying you loved the Broncos in 5th grade is like saying you loved your girlfriend in 5th grade. I didn't know what fandom was in 97/98. -

I had to get up for work today at 5:30 EST. I'm running on fumes. Today feels great. Congratulations, guys.

BroncoJoe
02-08-2016, 01:21 PM
I was in my 30's for the 97-98 wins. 15 for the 77 appearance. 20's during the 80's runs. '97 will never be replaced, but this one is definitely special.

broncofaninfla
02-08-2016, 01:43 PM
One hell of a way to win, big time underdog and our defense DOMINATED the #1 offense. I'm one proud Broncos fan!

Dapper Dan
02-08-2016, 02:16 PM
The first Super Bowl victory that I've been old enough to truly appreciate. Grade school doesn't count for me. Saying you loved the Broncos in 5th grade is like saying you loved your girlfriend in 5th grade. I didn't know what fandom was in 97/98. -

I had to get up for work today at 5:30 EST. I'm running on fumes. Today feels great. Congratulations, guys.

Im right there with you. This one is huge for me

Valar Morghulis
02-08-2016, 02:17 PM
The joy I felt last night would make sense if I had played in the game last night or in some way contributed to the team winning over the season.... That was my most emotional game of any sport in my life.

The green bay game was probably more special, but I don't think I was as invested in the team as I am now. Therefore I don't think that game or that season for that matter caused the range of emotions in me that this one did.

I'm still buzzing.

Dapper Dan
02-08-2016, 02:17 PM
I was in my 30's for the 97-98 wins. 15 for the 77 appearance. 20's during the 80's runs. '97 will never be replaced, but this one is definitely special.

Woah. You've been in your 30s for the last 20 years now. Keep it up, BroJoe.

MasterShake
02-08-2016, 02:27 PM
Sat through the blowouts with Elway as a child, celebrated the back to backs as a teen in high school, and now this beauty of a win. This is my second favorite because it all seems to tie directly into those 97/98 teams and it felt like a total team win. This very much paralleled that '97 team to me and it felt just as special. If Manning was as part of the Broncos as Elway was those two wins would be 1A and 1B. I'm so happy for the team, but especially Manning and Ware.

tripp
02-08-2016, 02:39 PM
At first I was skeptical at the beginning of the season, our schedule looked HARD. I thought we'd be lucky to win 10 games. Right from the get-go, this season has been all about the defense.

2013, we were privileged with one of the best offenses of all time. In 2015, we are privileged with one of the best defenses of ALL TIME. Seahawks showed the world you can win Super bowls with defenses, we just made it look even better, also with an exclamation mark.

This team started to look like a team of destiny the more and more you look at the stories surrounding this team, and also the way we had won games in dramatic fashion (which we've done ALL season long). Pat Bowlen not doing great in terms of his health, DT's mom finally got out of jail - got to see her son finally play in an NFL game, Peyton Manning with his potentially last season playing... it looks like the stars aligned and we took control right off the bat. My favorite moment: John Elway receives the Lombardi trophy, and says "This one's for Pat!"

Dapper Dan
02-08-2016, 02:43 PM
For me its so motivating. I can't say with certainty that this is the most talented team in the NFL. But you can overcome things when you play as a team and never give up. The plan in every single game was to keep it close, keep grinding for 60 minutes, and a teammate will come through and make a play. It's amazing. I love these guys. I love this team.

BroncoJoe
02-08-2016, 02:49 PM
People bitched and moaned about Kubiak and his game plan.

Did anyone ever stop to think that he knew the limitations of the personnel on the offensive side of the ball? He just kept grinding. Who cares when we run 5-10 times and get 2-3 yards per carry. It eventually leads to that 20-30 yard gain.

Kubiak deserves a lot of credit.

I also want to acknowledge Mr. Bowlen. What a fantastic owner. I'm not sure most fans truly appreciate what this man has done for this team, the NFL and his players. We are SO lucky to have someone like him as an owner. I can only hope his daughter (who is the one anticipated to take over the team) has the same vision and drive.

tripp
02-08-2016, 02:56 PM
For me its so motivating. I can't say with certainty that this is the most talented team in the NFL. But you can overcome things when you play as a team and never give up. The plan in every single game was to keep it close, keep grinding for 60 minutes, and a teammate will come through and make a play. It's amazing. I love these guys. I love this team.

The one thing that sticks out the most is the leadership this team possesses. DeMarcus Ware has been the perfect role model and leader the defense has NEEDED, and he steered this defense in the right direction. I couldn't be happier for him to come here and win a SB. Talk about putting the time in and doing everything the right way, and adding emotion into it. The way he gets the defense together, and talks to them the night before the game, gets their head into the game, and nothing else.

I remember watching his post game interview after the Pats playoff game. He seemed happy, but he knew there was another step... most guys celebrate like they won the Super bowl after a playoff win, but he's the EXACT guy you talk about and dream about leading your team out of the tunnel every Sunday. And Peyton Manning, what can anyone say that hasn't already been said about him. Been the leader of this offense for 4 years without any question. Couldn't be happier than for these two guys.

weazel
02-08-2016, 03:05 PM
People bitched and moaned about Kubiak and his game plan.

Did anyone ever stop to think that he knew the limitations of the personnel on the offensive side of the ball? He just kept grinding. Who cares when we run 5-10 times and get 2-3 yards per carry. It eventually leads to that 20-30 yard gain.

Kubiak deserves a lot of credit.

I also want to acknowledge Mr. Bowlen. What a fantastic owner. I'm not sure most fans truly appreciate what this man has done for this team, the NFL and his players. We are SO lucky to have someone like him as an owner. I can only hope his daughter (who is the one anticipated to take over the team) has the same vision and drive.

I want to point out that he actually helped the CFL over the years as well. He personally pumped his own money into that league when it was having hard times.

tripp
02-08-2016, 03:09 PM
I want to point out that he actually helped the CFL over the years as well. He personally pumped his own money into that league when it was having hard times.

Makes sense. He has a long history with your province, and I consider Bowlen an honorary Canadian considering his involvement in Canada.

Dapper Dan
02-08-2016, 03:33 PM

:lol:

TXBRONC
02-08-2016, 03:46 PM
As others have said this Super Bowl win was a lot like '97 so it's almost as sweet as the first win.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
02-08-2016, 03:52 PM
Still hasn't sunk in. After 2013, it was easy to be pessimistic but as I said a couple weeks ago... this really started to feel like destiny, especially after that performance against the Pats.

Doubted and discounted all season long, these guys were as tight a team as any I've ever witnessed. They were playing for so much more than themselves and it showed every time they stepped on the field.

An absolutely magical ride and so satisfying.

Dapper Dan
02-08-2016, 03:55 PM
Lisa Weser
Lisa Weser – ‏@LisaWeser

Hi Internet. For the record, Budweiser did not pay Peyton Manning to mention Budweiser tonight. We were surprised and delighted that he did.

Joel
The one thing that sticks out the most is the leadership this team possesses. DeMarcus Ware has been the perfect role model and leader the defense has NEEDED, and he steered this defense in the right direction. I couldn't be happier for him to come here and win a SB. Talk about putting the time in and doing everything the right way, and adding emotion into it. The way he gets the defense together, and talks to them the night before the game, gets their head into the game, and nothing else.

I remember watching his post game interview after the Pats playoff game. He seemed happy, but he knew there was another step... most guys celebrate like they won the Super bowl after a playoff win, but he's the EXACT guy you talk about and dream about leading your team out of the tunnel every Sunday. And Peyton Manning, what can anyone say that hasn't already been said about him. Been the leader of this offense for 4 years without any question. Couldn't be happier than for these two guys.
People kept pointing to Ward and Talib as our defensive leaders, but it always looked like Ware to me. Remember when the D slumped after playing the first half of the season like, well, like the whole playoff run? Remember how Wares back spasms took him down for about a month at the same time? I shudder to think what kind of destruction Talib would lead the rest of our D into without Ware on the field to keep their heads on straight, and look at the difference he's made for Von.

Dapper Dan
They sent 50 free cases to the after party to say thanks.

tripp
02-08-2016, 04:20 PM
People kept pointing to Ward and Talib as our defensive leaders, but it always looked like Ware to me. Remember when the D slumped after playing the first half of the season like, well, like the whole playoff run? Remember how Wares back spasms took him down for about a month at the same time? I shudder to think what kind of destruction Talib would lead the rest of our D into without Ware on the field to keep their heads on straight, and look at the difference he's made for Von.

Talib is a great asset to this defense, but he's not the leader. These guys are leaders..

Adam Schefter:
In Broncos team meeting Saturday night, Peyton Manning and DeMarcus Ware got choked up. "Both were very emotional and near tears," team president Joe Ellis told Sal Paolantonio. Coach Gary Kubiak addressed the team first, telling them what the game meant to him. "He told them he loved them," Ellis said. … "Peyton told a few jokes to lighten the mood," Ellis said, "but then he got very emotional (when talking about what the game meant to him.) And so did DeMarcus. The room was silent. It was a very emotional gathering." Manning, a source said, did not say to the team whether it was his last game.

BroncoBuckeye73
02-08-2016, 04:26 PM
In 77 I was a 4 year old in Ohio watching my dad, who has always been a fan, root for Denver. By the 80s my family moved to CO and I remember watching all those gut wrenching SB losses, I actually said when we got up by 10 in the first quarter dont blow it like we did against Washington. In the 97/98 seasons I relished those feelings of being WORLD CHAMPS and I still think the 97 game as the best Super Bowl of all time. Just like then I felt we had the better team and was destined to win, and once again I am relishing in being a fan of the WORLD CHAMPION DENVER BRONCOS. Love this team just love them.

NightTerror218
02-08-2016, 04:31 PM
Kubiak has plenty of SB experience and knew what it would take to win. I still think he was a great coach choice even if people hated his play calling. He stuck to his game plan and tried to reduce offensive mistakes.

MOtorboat
02-08-2016, 04:32 PM
Lisa Weser
Lisa Weser – ‏@LisaWeser

Hi Internet. For the record, Budweiser did not pay Peyton Manning to mention Budweiser tonight. We were surprised and delighted that he did.

They sent 50 free cases to the after party to say thanks.

Man knows what he's doing. Also, read Shake's post on Page 1. That's me too.

Bronco4ever
02-08-2016, 04:43 PM
Man knows what he's doing. Also, read Shake's post on Page 1. That's me too.

Somebody on ESPN today said that Manning's mention of Budweiser was worth $3.5 million in advertisement revenue.

BroncoJoe
02-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Somebody on ESPN today said that Manning's mention of Budweiser was worth $3.5 million in advertisement revenue.

Which was then summarily denied.

MileHighCrew
02-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Today just feels good. I love today!!!

Davii
02-08-2016, 04:49 PM
It's definitely still sinking in for me. I was greeted this morning by the same Panther fans talking shit for the last two weeks STILL TALKING SHIT.

"We beat ourselves"

"The game is rigged"

"Refs screwed us"

I get pretty loud talking shit.

BroncoBuckeye73
02-08-2016, 04:55 PM
I have been reading their comments they think the game was rigged in our favor, the seem delusional about the a@@kicking their team took last night. They talked about a blow out all last week and now it isnt their fault they got taken to the wood shed.

TXBRONC
02-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Kubiak has plenty of SB experience and knew what it would take to win. I still think he was a great coach choice even if people hated his play calling. He stuck to his game plan and tried to reduce offensive mistakes.

I agree. I've read some critical comments about the play calling but quite honestly I think he called a good game offensively. He knew the strengths and weaknesses of his offense and like he did all season long the formula was keep the games close and the defense will find away to close it out.

turftoad
02-08-2016, 05:24 PM

Oh man Joe. You and I both! Great post!

TXBRONC
02-08-2016, 05:25 PM
I have been reading their comments they think the game was rigged in our favor, the seem delusional about the a@@kicking their team took last night. They talked about a blow out all last week and now it isnt their fault they got taken to the wood shed.

Some times reality is hard to accept. They just got done watching their team and especially their quarterback take a gang beating on national television.

NightTerror218
02-08-2016, 05:26 PM
Bought my tshirt, sweatshirt, hat, wife a shirt and pennant for garage already.

I want to get a helmet too. Those SB 50 champions helmet is badass.

Cugel
02-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Do any of you find that while you are doing ordinary things, like thinking about work, or making dinner, suddenly you will think "the Broncos are Super Bowl Champions! We actually won!"

And it's suddenly a happy time. It's just so great! And that feeling is going to last for quite a while. :beer:

Dapper Dan
02-08-2016, 10:33 PM
Do any of you find that while you are doing ordinary things, like thinking about work, or making dinner, suddenly you will think "the Broncos are Super Bowl Champions! We actually won!"

And it's suddenly a happy time. It's just so great! And that feeling is going to last for quite a while. :beer:

Usually when they ask me why I have a raging boner.

Joel
02-08-2016, 11:16 PM
Some times reality is hard to accept. They just got done watching their team and especially their quarterback take a gang beating on national television.
*global television: People in Sri Lanka saw that. 20 years from now, Cam will be at some resort on the French Riviera or somewhere, and some guy will come up and say, in halting English, "You Cam Newton, yes?! I see your career end on TV once. MERDE, I say NO relish on hot dog; can't you do nothing right?!" Cam will sullenly mumble, "no...." his manager will fire him, then he'll go hide under one of the lifeguard stations with a towel over his head.

Dapper Dan
02-09-2016, 02:28 AM
If Manning is done, this is an important picture.

https://mediacenter.smugmug.com/2015-02-07-Super-Bowl-50/i-KxkbTFv/0/XL/0207_superbowl14-XL.jpg

Joel
02-09-2016, 02:58 AM
If Manning is done, this is an important picture.

https://mediacenter.smugmug.com/2015-02-07-Super-Bowl-50/i-KxkbTFv/0/XL/0207_superbowl14-XL.jpg
'Nother guy I want to re-sign; still think he can be our #3 (or #2 if we send Sanders back to the slot; if DT bounces back we'd have a big, fast WR on EACH side with a velcro-handed burner in the slot.)