PDA

View Full Version : SB50/Playoffs Records.

Dapper Dan
02-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Please post them here as you find them so we can all see. I could also edit this post to update it with info.

So far I've seen

McManus with the most FGs in the playoffs with no miss.
Lowest total yardage in the SB.
We were outgained in every playoff game ( probably a record)
PFM oldest QB to start SB (so oldest to win too)
PFM only QB to win SB with 2 different teams
Kube only HC to win SB for the team he played for previously
Kube is now 4-0 in Super Bowls as a coach
PFM got his 200th win
Norwood longest punt return in SB

Joel
02-08-2016, 08:49 AM
Manning's also the only QB to REACH a PAIR of SBs EACH with different teams (i.e. 2 w/Indy, 2 w/us.)

He doesn't have the record for fewest yds/play by a winning QB: Brady "beat" him for that one in his first win. Imagine Mannings SB record if he'd had this kind of D his WHOLE career instead of just ONE YEAR at the end. The mind boggles....

Joel
02-08-2016, 08:50 AM
Norwood also set a SB record for longest punt return, and we tied the '85 Bears for most sacks in a SB (would've broken it if Talibs taunt hadn't cost us Stewarts.)

slim
02-08-2016, 08:52 AM
Cam set the record for most butthurt.

Joel
02-08-2016, 11:28 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14738292/offenses-set-records-futility-super-bowl-50-nfl

BroncoJoe
02-08-2016, 11:29 AM
I think I drank 18 beers. That has to be some kind of record.

Ziggy
02-08-2016, 11:32 AM
I posted this in another thread, so I'll throw it in here as well:

The Denver offense had 11 first downs. That is the lowest first down total for a winning team in super bowl history.
The Denver offense had 194 total yards. That is the lowest yardage total for a winning team in super bowl history.
The Denver offense scored one touchdown. That is tied for the lowest total for a winning team in super bowl history.
The Denver offense failed on 13 straight 3rd down Conversions. That is the most in for any team in Super Bowl history.
When Brandon McManus kicked a 30-yard field goal to give Denver a 16-7 lead midway through the third quarter, it marked the latest any team leading in a Super Bowl had gone without having scored an offensive touchdown.

Fun Super Bowl 50 Game Facts

The Super Bowl was the only game all season in which the Panthers never had a lead.

10 points were the fewest that the Panthers have scored all season.

Newton was blitzed 25 times in Super Bowl 50, the second-most blitzes faced in Super Bowl history.

The Panthers had minus-33 yards on 16 plays during which both Miller and DeMarcus Ware rushed the passer, including four sacks and two fumbles. They gained positive yardage on one of those 16 plays.

NightTrainLayne
02-08-2016, 12:02 PM
The one about Kubiak being the only coach to win with the team he played for is incorrect. Mike Ditka played for the Bears, and then won as their Coach.

Buff
02-08-2016, 12:05 PM
The one about Kubiak being the only coach to win with the team he played for is incorrect. Mike Ditka played for the Bears, and then won as their Coach.

Tom Flores, too. http://deadspin.com/gary-kubiak-was-actually-the-third-person-to-win-the-su-1757718771

CoachChaz
02-08-2016, 12:07 PM

I mentioned that to my son last night when they said Kubes was the only one. Being 17...he had no clue

BroncoWave
02-08-2016, 12:21 PM

I think the stat was he's the only person to win a SB as the head coach of a team he played in a Super Bowl with.

Joel
02-08-2016, 01:44 PM
I think the stat was he's the only person to win a SB as the head coach of a team he played in a Super Bowl with.
Ooooh, NOW that makes a lot more sense. I thought they were loopy. :tongue:

The Glue Factory
02-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Ooooh, NOW that makes a lot more sense. I thought they were loopy. :tongue:

They're not the only ones. :hi: