PDA

View Full Version : Here's the REAL reason Cam walked out.

DenBronx
02-08-2016, 05:24 AM
He overheard Chris Harris Jr. saying they wanted Cam to throw the ball.

Now if this doesn't make you laugh your balls or tits off I don't know what will. Chris was a slayer this game.....A SLAYER!!!

http://bsndenver.com/cam-newton-storms-out-of-press-conference-because-of-chris-harris-jr/

Joel
02-08-2016, 05:49 AM
That is, um, certainly a suspicious look, and timing. Maybe they should do team postgame interviews in separate areas. It IS lame to make a Conference Champ sit listening to questions and trying to form answers while listening to opponents explain to other reporters how their team just dismantled his to win a SB. NFL stadiums are big places: I'm sure there have at least two places a team can be interviewed without having to watch an opponent celebrate smashing them. All that said:

It's not like Cam was exactly gracious from the moment that interview began. If he didn't want Harris to dance, he should've kept Miller out of his end zone. ;)
Chris Harris Jr: Still my favorite Bronco after all these years. :salute:

OrangeHoof
02-08-2016, 06:50 AM
"That was the gameplan. Force him to throw the ball."

I don't think that's any great mystery. When Carolina fell behind by two scores, I said I'd much rather be facing Cam Newton right now than Tom Brady. Newton can make amazing plays but he's a 50% passer and I like those odds given our secondary and our pass rush. **Of course** you want to make Cam throw the ball and the gameplan is almost always going to be to make your opponent one-dimensional.

You have to remember that Newton has experienced success far more than failure in his young life and probably doesn't truly know how to handle it well. To him, this was his crowning justification for everything else that's led up to it.

Plus, I'm not sure he's been as physically abused as the Broncos abused him. He was clearly a beaten man in more ways than one.

Joel
02-08-2016, 07:14 AM
"That was the gameplan. Force him to throw the ball."

I don't think that's any great mystery. When Carolina fell behind by two scores, I said I'd much rather be facing Cam Newton right now than Tom Brady. Newton can make amazing plays but he's a 50% passer and I like those odds given our secondary and our pass rush. **Of course** you want to make Cam throw the ball and the gameplan is almost always going to be to make your opponent one-dimensional.

You have to remember that Newton has experienced success far more than failure in his young life and probably doesn't truly know how to handle it well. To him, this was his crowning justification for everything else that's led up to it.

Plus, I'm not sure he's been as physically abused as the Broncos abused him. He was clearly a beaten man in more ways than one.
Newtons career completion percentage is 59.5%, he was at or above 60% half his first four seasons before posting a 59.7% this season, and his worst season so far 57.7% his second year: He has NEVER been a 50% passer, and he's already improved his passing skills since his rookie year. Thing is:

Forcing [your QB here] to throw is ALWAYS "the game plan," because if the team can't run it gets one-dimensionally predictable and ends up in frequent 3rd and longs (making it even MORE predictable) so the pass rush can tee off as ours did while the rest of the LBs and DBs blanket all receivers. Without anything to force the safeties to crowd the line, they'll stay deep to guard the end zone; without anything to make blitzers hesitate or glance over their shoulder, they'll charge the QB.

It's been said many ways over the years. A version new to me this year (from John Lynch) was "you have to earn the right to rush the passer." About five years ago it was "run 'em out of Cover 2." For DECADES before that it was "run to establish the pass." It's ALL just different ways of saying the same thing though: When you fall behind down and distance, EVERYONE KNOWS you'll pass, and plays that; when you can't run on 1st and 2nd down, you fall behind down and distance.

The most amazing thing about our D, especially in the playoffs, is how much and often both our players and opponents have agreed that we don't do anything exotic or sophisticated: We (usually) do very straightforward things and simply EXECUTE THEM CONSISTENTLY WELL. Not that we can't or won't run stunts, delay blitzes, show blitzes or whatever, but none of those are our staples.

Everyone just takes his assignment and handles it, and Wade trusts each players ability and judgement enough to let them freelance when they believe they can. It takes a LOT of talent and skill at ALL positions to do well, and when we flub a play it often explodes in our faces for a huge gain. But that rarely happens more than a handful of times in any game (and offenses must still exploit those chances) so the big DEFENSIVE plays more than make up for it.

Anyway, defenses have been trying to box offenses into 4th and 24 since the T was "the gimmicky new fad:" Our is just exceptionally good at it in an era when that's supposed to be impossible. The ebb and flow of football means defenses are always catching up to offenses (that's why we keep changing the rules to favor offense even though footballs rules have ALWAYS favored offense INHERENTLY.) But the basic Xs and Os strategy truly hasn't ever changed, only the tactics.

Yashahla17
02-08-2016, 07:33 AM
Lol cam gave his haters alot of ammunition with that post game press conference. Dude wasn't just mad they lost he was acting like a spoiled mad kid. Then Chris Harris loud as hell is like the game plan was to make cam throw and cam just lost it and left lol. Dab dab dab.

Shazam!
02-08-2016, 07:53 AM
Cam appeared smug and arrogant. A little humility goes a long way. I hope this loss is a slide that they never recover from. I dislike Newton big time almost as much as I dislike RG3, he's an egomaniac.

Northman
02-08-2016, 08:16 AM
Cam appeared smug and arrogant. A little humility goes a long way. I hope this loss is a slide that they never recover from. I dislike Newton big time almost as much as I dislike RG3, he's an egomaniac.

Agreed. A little hard for me to even feel a little sorry for them although i shouldnt hold it against the entire Panther team, its just that their QB hasnt come as far as i thought he had so i feel no sympathy for him. He bought into his own hype and couldnt handle it when we shut his sorry ass down. Im going to revel in this everytime a Panthers fan tries to talk him up like he is king shit.

Dzone
02-08-2016, 08:43 AM

Now if this doesn't make you laugh your balls or tits off I don't know what will. Chris was a slayer this game.....A SLAYER!!!

http://bsndenver.com/cam-newton-storms-out-of-press-conference-because-of-chris-harris-jr/

hahahahaha thats sweet!!!

Joel
02-08-2016, 08:59 AM
Agreed. A little hard for me to even feel a little sorry for them although i shouldnt hold it against the entire Panther team, its just that their QB hasnt come as far as i thought he had so i feel no sympathy for him. He bought into his own hype and couldnt handle it when we shut his sorry ass down. Im going to revel in this everytime a Panthers fan tries to talk him up like he is king shit.
Well, the thing is: Cam IS their offense. The #1 scoring offense had 9 TDs apart from Cam. Seriously, he had 45, they had 9, total is 54. THE WHOLE REST OF THEIR OFFENSE had less TDs than Cam RAN for (barely half as many.) Two years ago it was "if you stop Peyton, you've stopped Denver" and it was the same way with Cam and the Panthers. The sole question was whether our below average offense could score ANYTHING on their top ten D, and the answer was basically "HELL, no!"

Our D just demolished Cam and their offense so utterly and consistently we didn't NEED an offense. Apart from McManus. The D scored us a TD, set up a FG at Carolinas 15 and set up another TD at their 4 (where we STILL needed 4 tries and an end zone flag to get in.) Norwood set us up at their 15, too, and we STILL couldn't get a first down, but avoiding a turnover got us another FG. That's 21 pts: Only time our offense scored was the opening FG.

Cam walked out because our D hadn't, so HE STILL WASN'T SAFE....

Tned
02-08-2016, 09:40 AM

I saw talk about this last night, but it's the first time I listened to the clip. Yep, while he was already acting very unprofessional and like a sore loser in his presser, it does appear that Harris' comments put him over the edge.

I think it's massively ironic that one of the kings of showboating and doing things that would be considered showing up the other team, ungracious and possibly even unsportsmanlike, would storm out of a presser for someone else being a "bit like Cam."

Rick
02-08-2016, 09:50 AM

Joel
02-08-2016, 10:01 AM
I saw talk about this last night, but it's the first time I listened to the clip. Yep, while he was already acting very unprofessional and like a sore loser in his presser, it does appear that Harris' comments put him over the edge.

I think it's massively ironic that one of the kings of showboating and doing things that would be considered showing up the other team, ungracious and possibly even unsportsmanlike, would storm out of a presser for someone else being a "bit like Cam."
Somehow her pic of a blue eyed panther saying it was hungry for horse only came up now, so I told her, "sometimes you get the horse and sometimes the horse gets YOU." That earned a "be gone from my sight," to which I could only reply, "Panthers fans long ago forfeited the right to complain about victory celebrations."

If you're gonna play that game—SO far over the top—you better 1) never lose or 2) be gracious when you do. Or 3) punk out, I guess.

Bronco4ever
02-08-2016, 10:05 AM
I still don't necessarily hate Cam, but I think he handled himself poorly last night. All of my non Broncos fan friends were sticking up for him. It's hard to justify that when Cam does the dab, Superman, team photo, ect. and acts like a spoiled brat when things don't go his way.

Joel
02-08-2016, 10:32 AM
I still don't necessarily hate Cam, but I think he handled himself poorly last night. All of my non Broncos fan friends were sticking up for him. It's hard to justify that when Cam does the dab, Superman, team photo, ect. and acts like a spoiled brat when things don't go his way.
The other Newton (i.e. the one who covers the Panthers for ESPNs site) is actually getting on my nerves more than Cam, with an article chock full of excuses for Cams sulking and abruptly slinking away, then another basically saying the Panthers' nerves got to them so they were "tight" and "didn't play their game."

In another words, we didn't WIN, they just LOST. I hear they get another crack at us at Mile High next year, so we'll see. Then again, we beat the CRAP out of Baltimore in the 2013 opener: They still kept their Rings....

Tned
02-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Funny, because the media was going on and on about how loose the Panthers were, including yapping about it in pregame, as the Panthers were running around the stadium, dancing and dabbing as if they had already won.

So, now, they were tight. Since they were so loose in pregame, I guess their ____ tightened up once the Broncos defense started hitting them in the chops.

Davii
02-08-2016, 10:46 AM
Funny, because the media was going on and on about how loose the Panthers were, including yapping about it in pregame, as the Panthers were running around the stadium, dancing and dabbing as if they had already won.

So, now, they were tight. Since they were so loose in pregame, I guess their ____ tightened up once the Broncos defense started hitting them in the chops.

All week, someone even mentioned it here, all we heard about was how much "fun" the Panthers were having. Team pictures with that stupid assed "dab" thing, pointing at their ring fingers, dancing all over the stadium during pre-game. They weren't tight, that's a BS excuse for a team and a fanbase wondering how they just got their asses served to them on a platter. Our defense earned their place among the greats this playoffs, and certainly in the Super Bowl.

Defenses in the future will be compared to this one, the 85 Bears, the 00 Ravens, etc.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
02-08-2016, 10:48 AM
I love that our boys waited until after the game to talk smack; the quotes have me doubled over and the biggest shit eating grin plastered all over my face.

Talib - "Ain't no Santa Claus, ain't no Easter Bunny, ain't no Superman."

Ward - "They want to be famous. We want to be champions. They want to be rappers and backup dancers. We want to play football."

NightTrainLayne
02-08-2016, 10:51 AM
Last night I was watching that presser live.

I could hear that someone else was holding court at the same time, and assumed it was a Bronco player (obviously not Manning, or Miller or they'd be on them) , but had no idea who, and couldn't really make out what they were saying anyway.

Now hearing that, it is pretty obvious that was a contributing factor in him leaving.

Personally, I love it. Cam "dabbing" etc. doesn't get me too excited, but seeing someone who acts like that in victory being served a big pile of humility is fun.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
02-08-2016, 10:53 AM
"Adversity does not build character, it reveals it."

Easy to have fun when you're winning, dealing with losing clearly is something Cam's incapable of handling. Such a stark difference when Peyton apologized and said he feel like he let Broncos fans down two years ago to Cam's antics last night.

DenBronx
02-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Pride comes before the fall. Cam couldn't handle the pressure and he buckled.

I still think this is one of the greatest things. Chris wasn't even trying to troll Cam, he probably had no idea Cam was even nearby.

Harris is still one of my favorite Broncos and I think he played exceptional yesterday. All of the Broncos that missed the last SB really played a huge role in this one.

DenBronx
02-08-2016, 04:51 PM
Soooo about those Versace pants Cam. Those were must win pants.

Deon told him on opening night that you can't wear pants like that and lose. Judging by the look on Cams face the big stage was already getting to him. The very next day he blasts the media for asking the same questions and starts acting unprofessional.....all of that built up to the buzzsaw he ran into when he met our defense.

He said the Broncos were nothing special. Bitch please you and your zebra pants got man handled!!

artie_dale
02-08-2016, 05:12 PM
Hey, the temporary face of the NFL is the MVP. This MVP came out in pregame warmups wearing gold MVP shoes and a Superman t-shirt! I'm not going to question to Cam Newton's antics anymore. I'm just going to find great pleasure when he flops. So, wear that shit! Talk that shit! I looked forward to seeing you eat crow every time.

NightTerror218
02-08-2016, 05:27 PM
Other Panthers did much better in interviews even with the Broncos behind them talking awell.

BroncoJoe
02-08-2016, 05:27 PM
From Chris Harris:

Harris was unaware that Newton could hear him after the game and he spoke on the situation on Monday.

"I had no idea, I don't know why they had us in the same room or anywhere close to where they can hear us. So I would've been mad too if I was Cam, to be able to hear your opponent right behind you talking, I mean nobody wants to hear that," Harris told ESPN. "So I think that was a bad setup, but things happen. You gotta deal with it, you gotta approach things as a man and we've been in that situation where we lost the Super Bowl and you gotta be able to take things as they come. I'm just happy we were on the good side of things this time."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000634769/article/chris-harris-dont-know-why-they-had-us-in-same-room

Joel
02-08-2016, 05:51 PM
I still think this is one of the greatest things. Chris wasn't even trying to troll Cam, he probably had no idea Cam was even nearby.
Apparently he didn't (http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/19629/denvers-chris-harris-could-have-played-a-role-in-cam-newton-walking-out-on-media), no, and shared my initial reaction when he found out he may have contributed:

“I would have been mad, too, if I was Cam,” Harris said. “To be able to hear your opponent right behind you talking, nobody wants to hear that. So I think that was a bad setup, but things happen. But you have to deal with it and approach things like a man, and we've been in that situation where we lost a Super Bowl and be able to take things as they come. I'm just happy we were on the good side of things this time.”

Harris is still one of my favorite Broncos and I think he played exceptional yesterday. All of the Broncos that missed the last SB really played a huge role in this one.
Rod was my favorite till he retired; Harris was my favorite almost the moment he signed, and for much the same reason. If I didn't know Chris Harris Jr. spent about half his career playing with Champ Bailey, I'd know after about five minutes of watching him play. Same selfless professionalism, same focus on preventing CATCHES even if that means less Ints, same being physical without being dirty, same ferocious unshakable tackling, same fearless selfless run-stuffing.

Champ had first ballot HoFer talent from the start, but I've always wondered how much GETTING that start with Darrell "The Ageless Wonder" Green shaped Champs whole career. Harris makes me wonder how much of that same legacy Champ passed on to him, and that he can pass on to Roby, Webster and whoever else. Look at Bruton and Bolden: Maybe not elite talents, but disciplined sure tacklers who stay with routes and knock down balls, hence they've become STs aces.

If Ware can stick around to imprint our front seven the same way, and Elway keeps finding talented high character guys willing and able to learn....

Win from Now on.

Joel
02-08-2016, 05:53 PM
Soooo about those Versace pants Cam. Those were must win pants.

Deon told him on opening night that you can't wear pants like that and lose. Judging by the look on Cams face the big stage was already getting to him. The very next day he blasts the media for asking the same questions and starts acting unprofessional.....all of that built up to the buzzsaw he ran into when he met our defense.

He said the Broncos were nothing special. Bitch please you and your zebra pants got man handled!!
Yeah, I liked that: Cam said DISMANTLING him and his offense is nothing special. Who are we to argue with the Face of the NFL? ;)

Northman
02-08-2016, 06:06 PM
The sad thing is there are a lot of journalist out there defending Newton showing poor sportsmanship after the game. I mean, if you want to be a role model (as Cam does) than part of that is showing grace and good sportsmanship when things dont go your way. Making excuses or coddling him isnt going to do him any favors. A lot of journalist praised him for being a "individual" and a great role model when he was smiling and laughing while they won a lot of games. But now they want to give him a pass when he goes out of his way to disrespect the opponent that worked just as hard to win that game as they did. If you take on the responsibility of being a role model than sucking it up a bit when shit goes wrong is part of that. The excuses im seeing today are just flat out embarrassing.

DenBronx
02-08-2016, 06:30 PM
When you are the MVP you are the face of the NFL. No true leader should act like that. Brady, Wilson, Manning and many others have had to face the music. It's tough to do but you man up.

BroncoJoe
02-08-2016, 06:33 PM
I should state that the reason I posted Chris Harris' comments were to show what a true champion and gentleman should say and do.

Cam is a wuss. What a pathetic display, and he showed his real self in that post-game press conference.

I Eat Staples
02-08-2016, 06:36 PM
That really is hilarious lol.

The Broncos defense did exactly what everyone should do to a player like Cam, but what most teams aren't good enough to accomplish. They didn't whine to the media about how he "needs more class" or any of that bullcrap. They let Carolina have their fun and talk trash before the game. Then, they dominated the game on the field, and had their fun by getting the last words in after they were Superbowl Champions.

Just awesome. I love this team.