PDA

View Full Version : Well That's Just Great: NOW WTF Am I Supposed to Complain about the Next Nine Months?!

Joel
02-08-2016, 01:50 AM
I blame Elway. And Kubiak. And Phillips. The whole Broncos organization, really, all the way from Von Miller down to the ballboys (Kubiak must be their idol.)

Simple Jaded
02-08-2016, 01:52 AM
Coldplay.

Simple Jaded
02-08-2016, 01:53 AM
Btw, Joel, the OL still sucks, so theres that.

DenBronx
02-08-2016, 01:58 AM
Blame the awesome California weather for making today perfect for football!

Joel
02-08-2016, 02:24 AM
Btw, Joel, the OL still sucks, so theres that.
I wasn't serious; I'm trying to stay in a good mood here, man! :tongue:

I'm confident another whole offseason and draft will be enough to build a solid line unless Elway just absolutely refuses to draft ANYONE before pick #100 (there is, admittedly, a strong precedent for that.) If Garcia learns to pass block we'll be good there. If Paradis gains the strength to hold his ground in protection and the experience not to help the All Pro on each side of him work a double team when it leaves blitzing LBs untouched up the gut, we're good at C. Vasquez is Vasquez; as long as he's healthy and not overtaxed trying to help subpar starters on each side I'm not worried about him.

That leaves the worst of the bunch, but Clady says he'll redo his contract; he may not be an All Pro anymore, but unless his leg's TOTALLY shot the All Pro protector and All Pro road grader should have a few adequate years left as both. My only real concern is whether a full season where he couldn't do much has this years 2nd round rookie in starter shape by Opening Day, but we can keep Ryan Harris around as either a starting quality RT or swing backup either way.

By frustration all year has been that I fully expect a DOMINANT line next year but Manning won't be around to benefit: If we'd picked up Kubiak, Dennison and Phillips after the last SB, as a I wanted, next years line would've been THIS years line. But it turns out Wade and our D's so good we didn't NEED them to win a SB now. And next years coaches and starters will know each other and the playbook well enough to use more than just Chapter One.

I wasn't kidding before when I said all year that I'm more optimistic about the Broncos post-Manning than with him: And I gotta admit, they've been pretty freakin' amazing WITH him. Pretty sure two AFC Championships and a World Championship in 4 years is a good return on $80 million.

As for Coldplay: I've never listened to them, and spent the halftime show chain smoking and arguing about the game here. I heard Beyonce almost ate it on that crap turf SF put down for a game broadcast live around the world?

Joel
02-08-2016, 02:32 AM
Another point to consider: Last offseason and again leading up to the trade deadline I read lots of analyst speculation we'd revisit the Joe Thomas trade this offseason. During the playoff bye, ESPN had a story speculating he may be done in Cleveland regardless, that he wants out and they don't want to pay him. Not his call, but: How much do you think Thomas HATES Clevelands front office right now? Enough to restructure after a trade, so we could still sign most everyone else?

I dunno, I just keep thinking: As bad as our protection and run blocking were, as much as they limited our RBs and QBs, and as much as we achieved ANYWAY with one of the all-time great Ds, how much MORE can we do if we keep most of the D intact, solidify the line, and Oz is even halfway decent?

FanInAZ
02-08-2016, 03:18 AM
There's plenty to complain about with this game:

1) The Broncos were the designated home team, so it was their choice of what color uniforms. So why did they choose their road whites, instead of their home orange?

2) Halftime show was as bad as usual, then again, I've never been into the lastest youth trends.

3) The SB commercials were terrible, they have been for about the last 2-3 years. It used to be that the commercials were often more entertaining then the game itself (nobody considers 55-10 to be entertaining).

Joel
02-08-2016, 03:31 AM
Yeah, but only one of those things involve the team (and that one only superficially.) I already knew commercials and modern music suck. :tongue:

DenBronx
02-08-2016, 04:37 AM
Dear Joel,

We won. Feel free to quit complaining now and R-E-L-A-X.

Sincerely,

Broncos fans everywhere.

Joel
02-08-2016, 05:40 AM
dear joel,

we won. Feel free to quit complaining now and r-e-l-a-x.

Sincerely,

broncos fans everywhere.text
I'LL "RELAX" WHEN WE WIN THE :censored: SUPER BOWL, ALRIGHT?!!!

Oh... oh, alright.... :)

GEM
02-08-2016, 08:36 AM
There's plenty to complain about with this game:

1) The Broncos were the designated home team, so it was their choice of what color uniforms. So why did they choose their road whites, instead of their home orange?

2) Halftime show was as bad as usual, then again, I've never been into the lastest youth trends.

3) The SB commercials were terrible, they have been for about the last 2-3 years. It used to be that the commercials were often more entertaining then the game itself (nobody considers 55-10 to be entertaining).

We chose the white because Super Bowl record in the orange, plus a mind game with Carolina as they had said they didn't want the black.

Joel
02-08-2016, 08:40 AM
We chose the white because Super Bowl record in the orange, plus a mind game with Carolina as they had said they didn't want the black.
Turns out wearing black and blue was a lucky break for them: Helped hide the beating the #1 D dished out for 3 solid hours. ;)

DenBronx
02-09-2016, 03:47 AM
Turns out wearing black and blue was a lucky break for them: Helped hide the beating the #1 D dished out for 3 solid hours. ;)

Didnt think of that. They would have been all green by halftime. Lol