PDA

View Full Version : I kept telling people....

Northman
02-07-2016, 11:50 PM
they have been underestimating us throughout the playoffs. The Panthers had never faced a team like ours and we held that super power offense to 10 points. 10!

So sorry that your team lost Joel.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
02-07-2016, 11:51 PM
North is a sage. The harbinger of truth. Don't doubt this man.

ShaneFalco
02-07-2016, 11:53 PM
all you had to do was to look back at the 2013 game, was a repeat.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
02-07-2016, 11:54 PM
all you had to do was to look back at the 2013 game, was a repeat.

If you had told me before this game we hold that offense to 10 points though, I'm not sure I could have believed it. Incredible what this group accomplished.

BroncoTech
02-07-2016, 11:56 PM
Our defense is built for this shit.

VonDoom
02-07-2016, 11:57 PM
they have been underestimating us throughout the playoffs. The Panthers had never faced a team like ours and we held that super power offense to 10 points. 10!

It really was like watching Super Bowl 48 but from the other side. I read that 75% of "experts" picked Carolina. They should have seen us coming.

Northman
02-08-2016, 12:00 AM
If you had told me before this game we hold that offense to 10 points though, I'm not sure I could have believed it. Incredible what this group accomplished.

I didnt expect 10 but i knew they werent scoring 30 or 40 points on us. A lot of predictions had them running all over us and putting up the kind of points they did all year. Wasnt going to happen.

Northman
02-08-2016, 12:00 AM
Our defense is built for this shit.

Kicking and screaming!

Joel
02-08-2016, 12:06 AM

My team won, but thanks for the baseless dig. Sorry-not-sorry my team did your QB the same way in the AFCCG that it did Cam in the SB. :)

Simple Jaded
02-08-2016, 12:16 AM
I think it was difficult for a lot of Broncos fans to get used to winning with defense, we fell into the same trap everyone else did. Can't tell you how many times I've died watching this style of play, my nerves are shot.

VonDoom
02-08-2016, 12:18 AM
I think it was difficult for a lot of Broncos fans to get used to winning with defense, we fell into the same trap everyone else did. Can't tell you how many times I've died watching this style of play, my nerves are shot.

This was one of the weirdest years I can remember. It was all worth it in the end, though.

Northman
02-08-2016, 12:20 AM

It was extremely tough but i think because i had watched so much of the Ravens in 2000 that i kind of new all we had to do not turn it over (although we did have 2 TO's) and at least get around 20 points.

And how bout Anderson? Didnt have all the success in the world but when he did he made it count big time. He had to fantastic runs including that TD at the end.

VonDoom
02-08-2016, 12:24 AM
It was extremely tough but i think because i had watched so much of the Ravens in 2000 that i kind of new all we had to do not turn it over (although we did have 2 TO's) and at least get around 20 points.

And how bout Anderson? Didnt have all the success in the world but when he did he made it count big time. He had to fantastic runs including that TD at the end.

Good call. I'm sure we'll spend weeks talking about the heroes of this game, but CJ was a boss. Someone said on Twitter that he runs, "like he's pulling a truck." Hillman on the other hand was an automatic loss or no gain. CJ carried it a lot (for him) and made the most out of it. Great job.

Hawgdriver
02-08-2016, 12:25 AM

That TD at the end was epic. Hit Kuechly (?) square on and drove 2-3 more yards for the score. Stuff of legends.

Davii
02-08-2016, 12:26 AM
This team was awesome, and this DEFENSE has earned the right to be mentioned in conversations about truly GREAT defenses.

Joel
02-08-2016, 12:28 AM
That TD at the end was epic. Hit Kuechly (?) square on and drove 2-3 more yards for the score. Stuff of legends.
Kuechly and TWO OTHER PEOPLE AT THE SAME TIME. It's gonna be a lot of fun watching that dude run behind next years line; just hope he stays healthy. Looks like I was right about one thing: All the times we started Hillman WAS just Kubiak saving CJs battered body for the game that mattered most. Dumb conservative team-killing coach. :(

Simple Jaded
02-08-2016, 12:30 AM

Top 5 defense of all time, they made the entire offense a footnote, the Panthers AND their own, this was their best game ever.

Anderson starting the game was a solid "tendency breaker", he was the tone setter instead of change of pace and I think it made a difference to what little success the offense had. Hillman will be replaced....... easily.

Simple Jaded
02-08-2016, 12:33 AM

Went toe-2-toe with the best ILB in the NFL and won, huge.

TXBRONC
02-08-2016, 12:34 AM

Things came relatively easy for the Panther while the Broncos had to scratch and claw for everything. I was nervous but did believe that Denver had a very good chance to win. Panthers had weaknesses that Joel either couldn't or wouldn't acknowledge.

TXBRONC
02-08-2016, 12:36 AM
I didnt expect 10 but i knew they werent scoring 30 or 40 points on us. A lot of predictions had them running all over us and putting up the kind of points they did all year. Wasnt going to happen.

I was confident that if Denver could keep their running keep the Panthers running game in check their passing wasn't going to win the game for them.

Simple Jaded
02-08-2016, 12:36 AM
All the times we started Hillman WAS just Kubiak saving CJs battered body for the game that mattered most. Dumb conservative team-killing coach. :(

This.

Imo, the fact that Anderson came out and hogged the early game touches tells me this was by design. At the very least Kubiak made the right starting call, fwiw.

TXBRONC
02-08-2016, 12:39 AM

I didn't see Denver holding them to ten point either but I was also confident that their passing game wasn't beat the Broncos.

Joel
02-08-2016, 12:40 AM
Things came relatively easy for the Panther while the Broncos had to scratch and claw for everything. I was nervous but did believe that Denver had a very good chance to win. Panthers had weaknesses that Joel either couldn't or wouldn't acknowledge.
Actually, I acknowledged very early and often that Carolinas D made its offense look better than it was: By giving it consistently great field position off the NFLs most turnovers, so avoiding that could be critical. I just didn't think our OFFENSE could get a FG on its first drive, then leave, and still win by 2 TDs thanks to the D.

I'm totally fine with being wrong about the second part though.

sneakers
02-08-2016, 12:43 AM
I was on the fence before this game, maybe 45-55% convinced the broncos would win (in comparison to 80-90% I was sure the broncos would win in the last Super bowl)

jlarsiii
02-08-2016, 12:43 AM

Agreed. It was a lot of fun to watch the defense carry us to a title. Completely different feel from the 97-98 teams, but no less enjoyable...

I am sure this is exactly how the Seattle fans were feeling two years ago.

OrangeHoof
02-08-2016, 06:58 AM

That's the thing. During our pinball season in '13, the fans could relax by halftime because Peyton had us up by 2-3 scores and looked unstoppable.

Winning with defense is a high-wire act because we may dominate a 13-3 victory but I'm a nervous wreck during most of it knowing one or two blown assignments and we lose the game since the offense was so horrible. I couldn't relax last night until Ward recovered that ball at the Panthers 5 with under 5 minutes.

Northman
02-08-2016, 07:52 AM

Thats why im busting his balls. He gave Denver no chance in this game so i enjoyed rubbing his nose in it a bit.

Northman
02-08-2016, 07:56 AM
I was on the fence before this game, maybe 45-55% convinced the broncos would win (in comparison to 80-90% I was sure the broncos would win in the last Super bowl)

So weird because i felt totally different for this SB as compared to the last one.

Yashahla17
02-08-2016, 07:58 AM
And he has the nerve to be talking shit the very next day.

Joel
02-08-2016, 08:15 AM
That's the thing. During our pinball season in '13, the fans could relax by halftime because Peyton had us up by 2-3 scores and looked unstoppable.

Winning with defense is a high-wire act because we may dominate a 13-3 victory but I'm a nervous wreck during most of it knowing one or two blown assignments and we lose the game since the offense was so horrible. I couldn't relax last night until Ward recovered that ball at the Panthers 5 with under 5 minutes.
Yeah, wtf was that? Letting me start breathing again with TWO WHOLE MINUTES LEFT. These guys are getting SOFT; losing their touch... :rolleyes:

Tned
02-08-2016, 10:29 AM
What did Elway say when he took over the reigns? Something like it would take three years to rebuild, but that the goal was to have a team that could compete every year for a Championship. We will see if the every year turns out to be the case, but he's got five AFC West titles, two SB appearances, one SB win and one of the greatest defenses in NFL history.

Now, can he keep that defense going? Six of the front seven were free agents. He locked up Wolfe to go with Ware for next year, but what about the other five? Can he put winners on the field consistently? Time will tell, but considering the scorched earth that McDaniels left, and then even the remake of the roster after SB48, things look pretty good with Mr. Elway at the helm.

Joel
02-08-2016, 10:52 AM
What did Elway say when he took over the reigns? Something like it would take three years to rebuild, but that the goal was to have a team that could compete every year for a Championship. We will see if the every year turns out to be the case, but he's got five AFC West titles, two SB appearances, one SB win and one of the greatest defenses in NFL history.

Now, can he keep that defense going? Six of the front seven were free agents. He locked up Wolfe to go with Ware for next year, but what about the other five? Can he put winners on the field consistently? Time will tell, but considering the scorched earth that McDaniels left, and then even the remake of the roster after SB48, things look pretty good with Mr. Elway at the helm.
Can't argue with that. And if (may be a BIG if) Ware wants to stay, with Marshall a RFA I think we can keep all the front seven except Jackson and maybe Trevathan. Little worried about that, 'cause Danny T's been a stud, and our backup ILBs are LIGHT (aren't they all like 220?) In my perfect world they'd cut Talib to save $7 mil of cap (even after the $3 mil accelerated bonus) and start Harris, Roby and Webster, but maybe I'm dreaming; it would free a ton of cash though.

The D's in solid shape otherwise though, isn't it? And, while Jackson's been amazing, 3-4s aren't nearly as dependent on DEs as 4-3s; we can "get by" with a pair of HoF OLBs doing the 4-3 DEs job, a solid NT rotation, and ONE elite DE with a couple solid coverage ILBs. Secondary would still be elite, and everyone would be under contract, I believe: Just gotta find one serviceable DE and ILB.

Big question (maybe just because I'm all about offense) is whether Oz is really the guy, and how long it'll take to whip into vet form and build a line if he is, or how long it'll take Kubiak to find "his" guy if that's NOT Oz. Oh: And can we go ahead and extend Emmanuel Sanders now? Like Von, if we wait until 2017 we're just gonna have to drive TWO Brinks trucks up to his house (maybe we can tag him while we sign Miller. :rolleyes:)

Joel
02-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Thats why im busting his balls. He gave Denver no chance in this game so i enjoyed rubbing his nose in it a bit.
Not NO chance: I said I thought Carolina was BETTER, but I went back and forth over which of TWO legit ways COULD win the game (mainly depending on whether they actually WERE better) before finally settling in with "run first; if that fails and we fall behind, we can still start a shootout, but if we start with a shootout and it fails we'll be down 20-30 with no Plan B." HUGE difference between "I think we lose, but here's how I think we CAN win" and "it's HOPELESS, no matter WHAT we do."