Slick
02-07-2016, 10:11 PM
Pay them all.

aberdien
02-07-2016, 10:19 PM
Pay the **** out of that defense.

Joel
02-07-2016, 11:33 PM
Fear not: I'm certain someone will pay ALL of them; hopefully that someone's mostly us (though I really doubt Jackson and Trevathan return.)

BroncoWave
02-07-2016, 11:34 PM
Pay Von all the money.

MOtorboat
02-07-2016, 11:37 PM
Pay Von all the money.

All of it.

Tebowtime2011
02-07-2016, 11:38 PM
Jackson might have to go. I really want trevathan back though.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
02-08-2016, 12:07 AM
I wish we could bring em all back. In the end, I'm just happy that this group was able to be crowned Super Bowl Champs together. Nobody can ever take that from em and they stamped their place in the annals of history as one of the greatest D's in history.

I've never cheered for a team with more likable guys that had the feel good stories this group does. To a man, they are all so deserving of the success that follows.

Joel
02-08-2016, 12:10 AM
Jackson might have to go. I really want trevathan back though.
Elway's surprised me before, but I don't see how it's possible to keep Jackson now. I'd love to get Marshall and Trevathan back, but I believe only Marshall's a RFA, so that probably tells us how that'll go. That's the downside of being Champs: But it's a pretty sweet downside. The runner up though... still not sure how Elway actually managed to ADD studs after SB XLVIII.

Dapper Dan
02-08-2016, 09:34 AM
The dude scored our first touchdown. I'm gonna miss Malik the Freak.

Tned
02-08-2016, 09:51 AM
Johnny!!!! Johnny!!! Show me the money!!!! Yep, Cuba Gooding Junior will play Von in the made for TV movie....

Slick
02-08-2016, 01:17 PM
I'm dead serious.

Pay Von, Malik, Danny T., Marshall, all of them. Let the offense fight for whatever scraps are left.

Valar Morghulis
02-08-2016, 02:19 PM
I'm dead serious. Pay Von, Malik, Danny T., Marshall, all of them. Let the offense fight for whatever scraps are left.

Yeah. I'm with you.

Dapper Dan
02-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Vols reporter, Wes Rucker:

Hey kids: Malik Jackson made his HS varsity team as a sophomore only because he helped his coach paint the field. Never give up on a dream.

tripp
02-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Sign Malik Jackson, bring back B-Marsh and Trevathan, AND Darien Stewart, oh and Bradley Roby... **** it just sign them all!

Joel
02-08-2016, 02:52 PM
Sign Malik Jackson, bring back B-Marsh and Trevathan, AND Darien Stewart, oh and Bradley Roby... **** it just sign them all!
Marshall's an RFA, and Cugel informed me Stewart's already under contract (as is Roby; we only drafted him two years ago.) I'm resigned to not re-signing Jackson, and probably not Trevathan, but more concerned about Anderson, Bruton, Bolden, Fowler, McManus, Norwood and Paradis. Anyway, here's Spotracs list (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/); click the year to sort by year. Frankly, I'd like to just cut Talib to save $7 mil (AFTER the $3 mil cap hit) and use it to extend Roby and Webster now, then pay everyone else.

Let's wait and see what Manning, Ware and Clady do first though: That's about $40 million of cap space next year, so we don't know WHAT we can do till they tell us.

tripp
02-08-2016, 03:05 PM
Marshall's an RFA, and Cugel informed me Stewart's already under contract (as is Roby; we only drafted him two years ago.) I'm resigned to not re-signing Jackson, and probably not Trevathan, but more concerned about Anderson, Bruton, Bolden, Fowler, McManus, Norwood and Paradis. Anyway, here's Spotracs list (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/); click the year to sort by year. Frankly, I'd like to just cut Talib to save $7 mil (AFTER the $3 mil cap hit) and use it to extend Roby and Webster now, then pay everyone else.

Let's wait and see what Manning, Ware and Clady do first though: That's about $40 million of cap space next year, so we don't know WHAT we can do till they tell us.

Exactly, I agree we have to see what Manning, Ware and Clady do. However, I've conceded in the idea that Manning won't be a Bronco next year. I think this was his final game, and I'm happy about that. He was brought here to win a SB, and he did just that. Mission accomplished. Clady has been M.I.A. for so long due to injury, I don't even miss him because I forget how useful he was. Not to say he can't be useful, I just look at him more as a liability than anything at this point. I'd welcome back Ware with open arms, you need someone like him to lead this defense. Him and Von's relationship is special, and I truly believe Ware raises Von's game considerably.

I'd also welcome back Bruton, Paradis, Fowler and McManus. I loved CJ Anderson last year, but after seeing him for a full season this year - I could be wrong, but I'm not as sold on him as I once was. We'll have to wait and see how much money he wants, but I don't think he's worth breaking the bank over, neither is Hillman. I'd welcome a veteran running back who I think could do just as good of a job.

Rick
02-08-2016, 03:11 PM
CJ isn't worth breaking the bank over, but if price is right I definitely want him back. Kid is all heart and leaves it all on the field.

BroncoNut
02-08-2016, 03:26 PM
CJ isn't worth breaking the bank over, but if price is right I definitely want him back. Kid is all heart and leaves it all on the field.

my take on him exactly. solid back

Dapper Dan
02-08-2016, 03:30 PM
my take on him exactly. solid back

Pretty good front too.

tubby
02-08-2016, 03:33 PM
Does 88 have any trade value?

Dapper Dan
02-08-2016, 03:35 PM

No.

Slick
02-08-2016, 03:41 PM

They would take a huge cap hit if they did. We're stuck with him.

tubby
02-08-2016, 03:44 PM
They would take a huge cap hit if they did. We're stuck with him.
They would if they cut him. Not if they traded him.

Joel
02-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Exactly, I agree we have to see what Manning, Ware and Clady do. However, I've conceded in the idea that Manning won't be a Bronco next year. I think this was his final game, and I'm happy about that. He was brought here to win a SB, and he did just that. Mission accomplished. Clady has been M.I.A. for so long due to injury, I don't even miss him because I forget how useful he was. Not to say he can't be useful, I just look at him more as a liability than anything at this point. I'd welcome back Ware with open arms, you need someone like him to lead this defense. Him and Von's relationship is special, and I truly believe Ware raises Von's game considerably.

I'd also welcome back Bruton, Paradis, Fowler and McManus. I loved CJ Anderson last year, but after seeing him for a full season this year - I could be wrong, but I'm not as sold on him as I once was. We'll have to wait and see how much money he wants, but I don't think he's worth breaking the bank over, neither is Hillman. I'd welcome a veteran running back who I think could do just as good of a job.
Forget where I saw it, but CJ had something like 243 yds rushing in our 3 playoff games. May not sound like much, but behind THIS line?

CJ had 90 yds last night against a D #7 in yds/att, leading both teams. Hillman had 0.

Joel
02-08-2016, 04:03 PM
No, because it's the same old deal: He only has value if he's good, in which case you don't WANT to trade him, so if you don't want him neither does anyone else. He's been fighting through a bunch of stuff, nursing injuries most of the last two years, plus all the (ongoing) drama with his mom. He'll be back, just as we were.

BroncoJoe
02-08-2016, 04:45 PM

Dude needs to pull his head out. No idea what's up with him because he "can" be an absolute stud.

NightTerror218
02-08-2016, 05:28 PM
Dude needs to pull his head out. No idea what's up with him because he "can" be an absolute stud.

I think he can bounce back next season. But if anything it showed how much we need to keep Sanders long term.

Ziggy
02-08-2016, 05:41 PM

Bad timing for CJ, good timing for the Broncos. He enters a free agent market with the likes of Matt Forte, Doug Martin, Lamar Miller, Chris Ivory, Alfred Morris, and more. I expect him back.

tomjonesrocks
02-08-2016, 06:23 PM
Bad timing for CJ, good timing for the Broncos. He enters a free agent market with the likes of Matt Forte, Doug Martin, Lamar Miller, Chris Ivory, Alfred Morris, and more. I expect him back.

While he might leave, I don't think he's looking at a big payday even though I think he's good. Who wants to pay out money to a RB?

Dapper Dan
02-08-2016, 07:49 PM

He's still getting the #1 CB and the double teams. He's doing something right. Or all the other teams are heavily guarding him for no reason.

Dapper Dan
02-09-2016, 05:29 AM
Look at these guys swarm!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM_MAF7kkE4

Joel
02-09-2016, 03:25 PM
Look at these guys swarm!
In one of many post mortems, I saw someone saying, "turnovers aren't just luck, and teams don't get the supposed 50% of them, because turnovers can be forced, but no one knows why some teams recover more than others." Yeah, we DO know that: Guys get on the ball by BEING "on the ball." Look at our SB turnovers:

Von strips Newton, Jackson chases it a couple yards into the end zone and falls on it: But if he hadn't, DEMARCUS WARE was right there to do the same an instant later. Ward makes an Int inside our 10, stumbles, fumbles and it rolls inside our 5, where Camolina could've fallen on it for 1st and G: But Trevathan was RIGHT THERE and instantly fell on it first. Vons second strip, Ware was so close and grabbing for it Cam FLED, but it bounced out: So Ward fell on it instead.

THAT'S how you win the turnover battle: Disciplined alert fundamentals by all 53 to avoid, create and exploit turnovers. And that's COACHING.

TXBRONC
02-09-2016, 04:21 PM

I'm with you I think Anderson will be back.

dogfish
02-09-2016, 04:36 PM
the man hears ya (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/09/elway-calls-re-signing-danny-trevathan-malik-jackson-priorities/#comments), sweetcheeks. . .

:defense: :defense:

TXBRONC
02-09-2016, 04:51 PM
the man hears ya (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/09/elway-calls-re-signing-danny-trevathan-malik-jackson-priorities/#comments), sweetcheeks. . .

:defense: :defense:

I don't know if it is realistic to re-sign everyone. I bet Jackson's market value will be high and I don't mean Shane Falco high.

Valar Morghulis
02-09-2016, 04:57 PM

Morris would fit great here

TXBRONC
02-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Morris would fit great here

It usually cheaper to draft them.

NightTerror218
02-09-2016, 05:44 PM
I'm with you I think Anderson will be back.

Anderson back and I like Miller as a FA option.

NightTerror218
02-09-2016, 05:44 PM
Vet min on Moreno anyone?

Dapper Dan
02-09-2016, 06:31 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-peyton-manning-brandon-marshall-020816