PDA

View Full Version : New survey shows only 14% of fans think Cam criticism racial

Tned
02-03-2016, 08:29 PM
A larger percentage of NFL fans believe that Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton faces criticism because of his actions on the field than because of his race, according to a survey produced for ESPN by Langer Research Associates and released Wednesday.

Nearly two out of three fans -- 62 percent -- believe that any criticism of Newton is because of his style of play on the field (63 percent of white fans and 38 percent of black fans). Only 14 percent think it's because of his race.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14703203/fans-believe-carolina-panthers-qb-cam-newton-criticized-more-field-actions-race

Not too surprising, as anyone other than race baiters and some in the media trying to stir things up for ratings, know that race isn't the reason Cam is liked or disliked, just like Tebow's race isn't why he was liked or disliked.

Things like his whining today about having reporters ask him the same questions three days in a row, and his celebrations for those that don't like them, are far more likely to be factors.

It's also interesting to note that black respondents like NFL celebrations more than white and younger people like them more than older (this latter part certainly not a surprise).

DenBronx
02-03-2016, 08:37 PM
Cam gets criticism because he's an arrogant *******, not because of race. He's me me me me and according to him everyone is scared because he's African American and no one's "seen" a QB like him before.

Tned
02-03-2016, 08:40 PM
Today's Cam whining:

“You know what’s confusing? How can I reword questions I’ve been asked so many times? Golly,” Newton told reporters. “Nothing pretty much has changed since I’ve seen you guys 24 hours ago. I had an unbelievable sleep, but yet I’m up here again. It’s cool. It’s like I don’t know how you want to say it. I sound like a broken record.”

“I think I’ve got to meet with you guys another time and nothing’s going to change. I’ll be walking out in this room, walking up those stairs, going to another meeting, going to practice, probably playing a couple of video games, talking to my parents, making sure they make it here on time, waking up, brushing my teeth – obviously – go to another meeting. Depends on what the breakfast looks like, if I may eat it or not. Go to the team meeting, come back to you guys and talk. I don’t get it. I don’t know what you guys want to know, man, but it is what it is.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/03/cam-newton-says-super-bowl-media-requirements-get-under-his-skin/

DenBronx
02-03-2016, 08:45 PM
That right there is why alot of people think Cam is a dooshbag.

Hawgdriver
02-03-2016, 08:48 PM
That's all fine with me. I'm glad he's not the face of my team, and I hope Von chikkenfuks him.

Hawgdriver
02-03-2016, 08:49 PM
He reminds me of a black Jonny Football, but athletically blessed for the NFL stage.

Tned
02-03-2016, 08:52 PM
He reminds me of a black Jonny Football, but athletically blessed for the NFL stage.

I hope he grows up and stops using his skin color as the excuse for people not liking his behavior. He's immensely talented, and when not being a whiny bitch or auditioning for dancing with the stars during football games, he comes off as a likable guy.

He really should be the face of the NFL at this point, but he's standing in his own way.

Hawgdriver
02-03-2016, 08:55 PM
I hope he grows up and stops using his skin color as the excuse for people not liking his behavior. He's immensely talented, and when not being a whiny bitch or auditioning for dancing with the stars during football games, he comes off as a likable guy.

He really should be the face of the NFL at this point, but he's standing in his own way.

Agree. It's a complicated issue, but I'm ready to embrace a vato or a brother as the dude, just demonstrate humility despite your amazingness.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
02-03-2016, 09:21 PM
I think that Cam deserves a lot of the hate he gets.

But there is some of it out there, that does come from a bigoted place. I made the mistake of reading a comment section on an article about him and it wasn't pretty.

Tned
02-03-2016, 09:47 PM
I think that Cam deserves a lot of the hate he gets.

But there is some of it out there, that does come from a bigoted place. I made the mistake of reading a comment section on an article about him and it wasn't pretty.

Imagine how bad those comments would be if he Tebowed after his scores?

Dapper Dan
02-03-2016, 09:55 PM
Wait. Is Cam Newton black?

chazoe60
02-03-2016, 10:47 PM
Wait. Is Cam Newton black?

What are the guys at the country club gonna say?

Tned
02-03-2016, 11:17 PM
What are the guys at the country club gonna say?

Welcome, Mr. Newton, can I check your Versace man purse and get you a nice non fat, sugar free yogurt?

chazoe60
02-03-2016, 11:18 PM
Welcome, Mr. Newton, can I check your Versace man purse and get you a nice non fat, sugar free yogurt?

I was thinking more along the lines of "grab my clubs, boy".

Edmonton Bronco Fan
02-04-2016, 01:28 AM
Imagine how bad those comments would be if he Tebowed after his scores?

Also true, and a fair point.

He hasn't done himself any favors, especially lately, needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut. Listening to him too often gives me the impression that he doesn't think before he speaks which leads to a lot of the attention he brings upon himself. But it wouldn't surprise me to learn that it's done on purpose either... certainly seems that way some times and a part of his crafted persona/image.

Canmore
02-04-2016, 01:41 AM
Also true, and a fair point.

He hasn't done himself any favors, especially lately, needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut. Listening to him too often gives me the impression that he doesn't think before he speaks which leads to a lot of the attention he brings upon himself. But it wouldn't surprise me to learn that it's done on purpose either... certainly seems that way some times and a part of his crafted persona/image.

Street cred.

Joel
02-04-2016, 02:49 AM
All I read was "Survey shows 86% of fans racist." Higher than I expected. :tongue:

Northman
02-04-2016, 06:34 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14703203/fans-believe-carolina-panthers-qb-cam-newton-criticized-more-field-actions-race

Not too surprising, as anyone other than race baiters and some in the media trying to stir things up for ratings, know that race isn't the reason Cam is liked or disliked, just like Tebow's race isn't why he was liked or disliked.

Things like his whining today about having reporters ask him the same questions three days in a row, and his celebrations for those that don't like them, are far more likely to be factors.

It's also interesting to note that black respondents like NFL celebrations more than white and younger people like them more than older (this latter part certainly not a surprise).

Of course.

Tned
02-04-2016, 08:10 AM
All I read was "Survey shows 86% of fans racist." Higher than I expected. :tongue:

That was Jamie Dukes take. Essentially, he seems to be saying that 14% admitted racism and the other 86% either simply won't admit it or don't realize they are racist.

SR
02-04-2016, 08:34 AM
That was Jamie Dukes take. Essentially, he seems to be saying that 14% admitted racism and the other 86% either simply won't admit it or don't realize they are racist.

Jamie Dukes is a dipshit

Tned
02-04-2016, 08:51 AM
Jamie Dukes is a dipshit

That is true, but he still has a loud voice/big audience.

Northman
02-04-2016, 08:54 AM
Jamie Dukes is a dipshit

Im pretty sure that is 86% accurate.

Slick
02-04-2016, 08:57 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of "grab my clubs, boy".

That was funny!

I guess I simply don't give a shit about Cam's dancing or showmanship. I haven't been watching TV or listening to talk radio so I've missed all the hoopla.

Tned
02-04-2016, 08:58 AM
Im pretty sure that is 86% accurate.

And the other 14% are just idiots... (re Dukes)

Joel
02-04-2016, 09:00 AM
When all you've got is a hammer....

Northman
02-04-2016, 09:00 AM
That was funny!

I guess I simply don't give a shit about Cam's dancing or showmanship. I haven't been watching TV or listening to talk radio so I've missed all the hoopla.

I dont care for his dancing as ive seen throughout the year but im also with you in that i have not watched ESPN or even listened to talk radio for the last two weeks. The only talk ive been involved in is here on the board or a little on FB. Its kind of nice not listening to all the jabber, as a fan im FOCUSED on the game only. lol

Nomad
02-04-2016, 09:13 AM
That was funny!

Only way to shut up Newton is the beat him.

As far as the 86% race thing, I don't even think my Dad's generation watches the NFL anymore, unless they polled all rednecks from the Deep South.

broncofaninfla
02-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Because everything is about racism anymore.......

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-04-2016, 04:18 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the first two guys to have a big issue with Cam's end zone antics were two black lb's from the Titans....?