PDA

View Full Version : Madden Panthers/Broncos SB Sim

Northman
02-01-2016, 09:43 AM
Apparently last year's Sim came pretty damn close. I could live with this score although im still hoping for a 38-0 Bronco shutout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Y-iDI6vwE

VonDoom
02-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Yeah, I had forgotten that Madden actually picked the score of the game right last year, including the fact that the Patriots came back from 24-14. Here's to hoping for some accuracy again! I'd take 27-10 in a heartbeat. Hell, I'll take anything if the Broncos end up with more points than the Panthers :D

BroncoJoe
02-01-2016, 10:00 AM
HA! I just posted that in another thread.

Davii
02-01-2016, 10:22 AM
What's crazy is I always play the game on Madden ahead of our games. When I played it Saturday morning I beat the Panthers 27-10.

Northman
02-01-2016, 10:22 AM
What's crazy is I always play the game on Madden ahead of our games. When I played it Saturday morning I beat the Panthers 27-10.

#NostraDavii

Davii
02-01-2016, 10:28 AM
#NostraDavii

Oh no, not this guy. I could never take, and wouldn't want that title. That's Timmy. All hail #NostraTimmy!!

BroncoBuckeye73
02-01-2016, 11:30 AM
Pretty cool my heart might explode with 6 ints in the game but if we win that way I would gladly have the hospital stay

Nomad
02-01-2016, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I had forgotten that Madden actually picked the score of the game right last year, including the fact that the Patriots came back from 24-14. Here's to hoping for some accuracy again! I'd take 27-10 in a heartbeat. Hell, I'll take anything if the Broncos end up with more points than the Panthers :D

Interesting.......I didn't watch the Superbowl last year. I don't play video games (hell when my younger son leaves for Boot in June, we're gonna box up the Xbox and transform their tv/game room to something else), but it would be awesome if the game was right again. BUT, there's no way Denver holds Carolina to 10 points.....I'd be shocked and thrilled at the same time. I'm just hoping the BRONCOS get the W, and I don't care how.

Northman
02-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Interesting.......I didn't watch the Superbowl last year. I don't play video games (hell when my younger son leaves for Boot in June, we're gonna box up the Xbox and transform their tv/game room to something else), but it would be awesome if the game was right again. BUT, there's no way Denver holds Carolina to 10 points.....I'd be shocked and thrilled at the same time. I'm just hoping the BRONCOS get the W, and I don't care how.

Denver has been pretty good most of the year in terms of allowing points. We held GB pretty low as well.

OrangeHoof
02-01-2016, 12:39 PM
That sure seemed like a lot of turnovers and I have a hard time believing DT is going to own Chris Norman like that. Still, I'll take the win anyday.

Northman
02-01-2016, 12:41 PM
That sure seemed like a lot of turnovers and I have a hard time believing DT is going to own Chris Norman like that. Still, I'll take the win anyday.

You mean Josh Norman?

Irregardless, DT should be that kind of impact player for us but yea i dont expect that many turnovers although it would be nice.

NightTrainLayne
02-01-2016, 12:52 PM
The real-life version of Manning ain't gonna be slinging the ball 50 yards down the field to DT. :D

Nomad
02-01-2016, 01:04 PM
Perhaps....Manning and DT have been playing possum. I've been told that.:lol:

Tned
02-01-2016, 01:14 PM
Not that I put much stock in it, but I think I saw they have predicted 8 or 9 of the last 12 SBs. That's probably getting to the point of being statistically significant. I guess with all the player skills profiling they do, there could be something other than theory of radominity going on.

Davii
02-01-2016, 01:15 PM
The real-life version of Manning ain't gonna be slinging the ball 50 yards down the field to DT. :D

He's thrown some long balls in the playoffs. A few long overthrows even.

Northman
02-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Not that I put much stock in it, but I think I saw they have predicted 8 or 9 of the last 12 SBs. That's probably getting to the point of being statistically significant. I guess with all the player skills profiling they do, there could be something other than theory of radominity going on.

I hope the trend continues. :)

Tned
02-01-2016, 01:19 PM

Hater!

Tned
02-01-2016, 01:40 PM
Ahhh, this isn't the official sim. The official Madden sim has has Panthers winning 24-20.

BroncoJoe
02-01-2016, 01:44 PM
Ahhh, this isn't the official sim. The official Madden sim has has Panthers winning 24-20.

Post reported. You should delete it before you feel the wrath of this forum.

Nomad
02-01-2016, 01:51 PM

At least it doesn't predict a blowout. :lol:

jlarsiii
02-01-2016, 01:58 PM

Indeed. It says they will jump out to a 17 to 0 lead, then we claw back to take the lead in the second half, and they score at the end to win.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/1/10885436/madden-super-bowl-50-prediction-panthers-win-broncos

Nomad
02-01-2016, 02:09 PM
Indeed. It says they will jump out to a 17 to 0 lead, then we claw back to take the lead in the second half, and they score at the end to win.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/1/10885436/madden-super-bowl-50-prediction-panthers-win-broncos

I guess knowing the outcome now, I can spare my liver and go ice fishing on Sunday. :D

jlarsiii
02-01-2016, 02:17 PM
I guess knowing the outcome now, I can spare my liver and go ice fishing on Sunday. :D

For sure, if you put much stock in a simulation. Personally, I need to get on the phone to Vegas and make some changes to my bets....

Tned
02-01-2016, 02:20 PM
As I said, it's ridiculous to put any stock in the outcome of a kids game in predicting the greatest game in the world....

Nomad
02-01-2016, 02:25 PM
For sure, if you put much stock in a simulation. Personally, I need to get on the phone to Vegas and make some changes to my bets....

I was only kidding. I'll watch the game, and have a few beers. :D But I'll never be as bad as the BRONCOS/Packers Superbowl.....I ended up drinking a whole bottle of Jack (though we started early). My wife was pissed to say the least, and I wasn't able to make it in to work the next day. :lol:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-01-2016, 02:31 PM
It's been pretty accurate in the past. It's predicting the outcome to be within half a point of where the Vegas line started. So, I guess "the smart money" is to take Denver with the points

BroncoJoe
02-01-2016, 02:40 PM
As I said, it's ridiculous to put any stock in the outcome of a kids game in predicting the greatest game in the world....

And, how can you have an "official" SIM of something like this?

Nomad
02-01-2016, 02:47 PM
It's been pretty accurate in the past. It's predicting the outcome to be within half a point of where the Vegas line started. So, I guess "the smart money" is to take Denver with the points

They weren't very accurate when they said Denver would beat Seattle.....dem basturds.

Northman
02-01-2016, 03:15 PM
I like the Sim i posted much better.

VonDoom
02-01-2016, 03:35 PM
And, how can you have an "official" SIM of something like this?

I like the Sim i posted much better.

Yeah, really. You guys are building me up just to tear me down here. I stick with North's version, especially because Davii played a game with that exact score. That's gotta mean something, right???

Nomad
02-01-2016, 03:44 PM
Yeah, really. You guys are building me up just to tear me down here. I stick with North's version, especially because Davii played a game with that exact score. That's gotta mean something, right???

If Davii's prediction becomes true, he and his Xbox should be enshrined into the BRONCOS HOF. :D

TXBRONC
02-01-2016, 04:26 PM
Apparently last year's Sim came pretty damn close. I could live with this score although im still hoping for a 38-0 Bronco shutout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Y-iDI6vwE

I think all Denver fans could live with that score.

OrangeHoof
02-01-2016, 06:00 PM
I missed the part about Brandon Marshall being the Super Bowl MVP. He'll be a critical factor, no doubt.

Devilspawn
02-01-2016, 06:59 PM
I'm a numbers guy and that score is eerie.

The Pats went to 5 consecutive AFC Championship games, tying the Raiders who did it from 1974-1978.

Both teams lost the AFCCG at Denver.

The Superbowl score in 1978: 27-10.

So that score is correct.

Joel
02-01-2016, 07:56 PM
Six of the last 9 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_NFL#Annual_EA_Super_Bowl_simulation), 9 of the last 12 and, as others have noted, one of the three misses was when it picked us to beat Seattle 31-28. Madden's been a good sim, because when they approached Madden when creating it he said he wouldn't put his name on it unless it was as realistic as possible, so he was very involved in designing game play. He was also so pleased with the results that he advocated Madden NFL as a teaching tool (worked out well for Cairo Santos (http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/7425/cairo-santos-good-fit-as-chiefs-new-kicker).)

That said, it's still just a sim, however realistic.

Nomad
02-01-2016, 08:12 PM
Six of the last 9 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_NFL#Annual_EA_Super_Bowl_simulation), 9 of the last 12 and, as others have noted, one of the three misses was when it picked us to beat Seattle 31-28. Madden's been a good sim, because when they approached Madden when creating it he said he wouldn't put his name on it unless it was as realistic as possible, so he was very involved in designing game play. He was also so pleased with the results that he advocated Madden NFL as a teaching tool (worked out well for Cairo Santos (http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/7425/cairo-santos-good-fit-as-chiefs-new-kicker).)

That said, it's still just a sim, however realistic.

Well....if it's really accurate, beginning with 2006 every 3rd game is wrong. You should bet your life savings, retirement, assets, everything you own...that the Panthers win, because this is only the 2nd game. Next year is the 3rd game since the BRONCO/Seahawks game, the prediction will be wrong.

TXBRONC
02-01-2016, 08:41 PM
Well....if it's really accurate, beginning with 2006 every 3rd game is wrong. You should bet your life savings, retirement, assets, everything you own...that the Panthers win, because this is only the 2nd game. Next year is the 3rd game since the BRONCO/Seahawks game, the prediction will be wrong.

I just don't see this game going the same way the last one did.

spikerman
02-01-2016, 08:54 PM
For some reason these Panthers remind me a little of the 80s Broncos SB teams in that there is one guy to focus on. If the Broncos can contain him or force him into a bad game, there's not much else they can do.

Nomad
02-01-2016, 08:59 PM
I just don't see this game going the same way the last one did.

Good God...I would hope not. I never really paid attention to this sim thing, and I googled it. It's pretty interesting. Hope the BRONCOS don't prove it right.

Nomad
02-01-2016, 09:00 PM
For some reason these Panthers remind me a little of the 80s Broncos SB teams in that there is one guy to focus on. If the Broncos can contain him or force him into a bad game, there's not much else they can do.

BRONCOS have to be aggressive on all phases for the whole game, regardless the score. I'll pull my hair out if they play Fox ball.

TXBRONC
02-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Good God...I would hope not. I never really paid attention to this sim thing, and I googled it. It's pretty interesting. Hope the BRONCOS don't prove it right.

The sim game North posted the Broncos won.

Joel
02-01-2016, 10:05 PM

The Pats went to 5 consecutive AFC Championship games, tying the Raiders who did it from 1974-1978.

Even with no cap and very little free agency, it's amazing how good the '70s dynasties were, and the competition they faced just to REACH a SB shows it. As you likely know, those Raiders teams that went 1-4 in 5 straight AFCCGs faced the Dolphins after their perfect season, the Steelers dynastys first repeat Champs, then prevented Pitts threepeat to earn the right to just ONE SB win vs. the Vikings (another all-time great team, but one ya'll, Pitt and Dallas prevented winning ANY SBs.)

After the World Football League blew up Miamis offense (and, briefly, Oaklands) everyone who didn't play for Pitt, Dallas, Oakland or Minnesota might as well have not shown up for the rest of the decade. We can talk of the Fearsome Foursome (though Falco probably wishes we wouldn't; while Oakland was making 5 straight AFCCGs, L.A. was reaching 4 in 5 years) but they were just speed bumps, reaching (and losing) their lone SB only Dallas and Minnesotas glory days ended.

All of which, of course, makes Pitts 4-0 SB run over just 6 years just that much more jaw-droppingly impressive: THEY also reached 5 AFCCGs while Oakland was reaching 5 straight; the difference is they went 4-1, crushing Verragamo and the Fearsome Foursome along with Tarkenton and the Purple People Eaters, and edging their only other real challenger (i.e. Dallas) by 4 pts in both their meetings. I really REALLY hate that team. :tongue:

Joel
02-01-2016, 10:06 PM
If I were betting, I wouldn't bet against Carolina, because I think they're better (weak schedule and all,) but I don't bet against my own team.

wayninja
02-01-2016, 10:27 PM
The unofficial sim is ridiculously flawed. Cam will turn it over 6 times. Not 5.

Devilspawn
02-08-2016, 08:23 PM

:shocked:

I believe that game had a late field goal otherwise it would've hit it exactly on the head.

Northman
02-08-2016, 08:34 PM
I think all Denver fans could live with that score.

Close enough! :)

VonDoom
02-08-2016, 09:58 PM

I believe that game had a late field goal otherwise it would've hit it exactly on the head.

You know, if Carolina had gone for it on 4th and 24 and didn't convert (the likeliest outcome), we would have had the ball deep in their territory. I don't think there was enough time to take a knee, so we might have ended up kicking that FG. Wouldn't that have been wild, especially after this thread?

pnbronco
02-08-2016, 11:20 PM
Wow...I can't believe how close this was in score. When I saw it I thought....I wish :lol: .....so glad they were right.

Northman
02-09-2016, 08:34 AM

You might want to start doing that Jl. :)