PDA

View Full Version : Do you like/hate Cam - like/hate his celebrations

Tned
01-28-2016, 11:31 AM
Ok, there is a lot of talk about this, but not many people seem voice their dislike for Cam or his celebration. So, this is an anonymous poll, so let us know if you like/don't like Cam or his celebration.

Buff
01-28-2016, 11:34 AM
I have always disliked him because he comes across as inauthentic. Everything seems like a performance with him. I remember when Nolan Nawrocki destroyed him in the draft evaluation process. It could be totally wrong, but this is my perception of him:

“Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/28/pfw-draft-guide-clobbers-cam-newton/

Bronco4ever
01-28-2016, 12:14 PM
I hated Cam when he first entered the league, but I've definitely softened my stance on him since then. I had no idea his celebrations were controversial until the media repeatedly tells me they are. I really don't care if somebody has fun celebrating a good play. I can't wait to see Sanders do his bow or Von to do some crazy dance, so why the hell should I care if Cam does his Superman or dab? Some people just look for something to be mad about IMO.

BroncoWave
01-28-2016, 12:21 PM
I hate cam because he was committed to Mississippi State before Auburn paid his dad off, but I like his celebrations because I'm not a 100 year old curmudgeon.

Pudge
01-28-2016, 12:38 PM
I hate cam because he was committed to Mississippi State before Auburn paid his dad off, but I like his celebrations because I'm not a 100 year old curmudgeon.

Or his Florida high jinx. Petty theft, come on Cam.

BroncoWave
01-28-2016, 12:47 PM
Or his Florida high jinx. Petty theft, come on Cam.

The only reason I really have anything against him from college is because I'm a butthurt Mississippi State fan. Otherwise I would not have cared at all.

DenBronx
01-28-2016, 01:02 PM
Ok, there is a lot of talk about this, but not many people seem voice their dislike for Cam or his celebration. So, this is an anonymous poll, so let us know if you like/don't like Cam or his celebration.

I don't voice my opinion on him bc guys here will take it as racism when I just think he's maybe the NFLs biggest dooshbag. For me it has nothing to do with his race and Cam loves to use the race card. But I would love to see this guy get humiliated by our defense. I don't like him at all. Didn't even like him since college.

Davii
01-28-2016, 01:13 PM
I have always disliked him because he comes across as inauthentic. Everything seems like a performance with him. I remember when Nolan Nawrocki destroyed him in the draft evaluation process. It could be totally wrong, but this is my perception of him:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/28/pfw-draft-guide-clobbers-cam-newton/

That quote perfectly sums up my feelings about Cam Newton. I don't dislike his celebrations per se, and I'm not a 100 year old curmudgeon, but I dislike the spirit and intent of them. He's a showoff. He has been doing that Superman bullshit since his very first first down in the NFL. That aggravated me. I get celebration when you're on a damn good team that is doing something worthwhile, but Cam was celebrating Cam when his team was getting their ass kicked. That to me is nothing more than a selfish showoff.

artie_dale
01-28-2016, 01:14 PM
I don't like him because while he's winning, he is all about soaking up the glory and putting himself on display. But when he loses, he doesn't lose with his teammates or his fans, he goes and hides and pouts behind a towel. Is that not a good enough reason to dislike him? I personally think he's the LeBron James of the NFL (freakishly talented for his size).

Cugel
01-28-2016, 01:31 PM
“Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable.”

Since this nonsense is talking about the 2015 NFL MVP this guy comes off as a complete imbecile.

Question: "Do you want the NFL MVP on your team? Yes. "or do "character concerns" make you not want him?" No.

Well, duh.

So, we can dismiss the nonsense of people not liking him because of his celebrations. He's an elite player in this league and the only reason the Panthers are favourites to win the SB is Cam. No other reason.

Their defense is not as good as the Broncos defense. Their offensive weapons don't compare with D.T. or Emanuel Sanders. Yet they are 4 point favourites. All because of him. If people want to criticize him, fine. He was the best player in the NFL this season.

Davii
01-28-2016, 01:34 PM
He was the best player in the NFL this season.

True. Plenty of people have disliked Manning and Brady during years they were the MVP as well. So, why should we dismiss any reason someone doesn't like Cam?

Ravage!!!
01-28-2016, 01:34 PM
I don't like ANY player that "self promotes." I felt that the "handing the ball off to the kid" was a self promotion when he started doing it, and now it's just grown into something bigger.

It doesn't make me "old" because I don't like some guy pretending to tear his clothes off to reveal his "super man" costume. Thats a "I'm super man" comment. That's "look at me, I did this".... forget about the 10 guys on the field that helped blocking. It was ME, I'm super man.

I don't like that from anyone, period. I certainly don't feel "old" because some know-it-all tells me I must be for not liking it. It was just 2 years ago he was hiding on the bench with a towel on his head, pouting like a child because he FINALLY got criticisms from fans (his words). Now, we are back to the "look at me" personna that people didn't like about him to begin with.

Cugel
01-28-2016, 01:39 PM
I don't like that from anyone, period. I certainly don't feel "old" because some know-it-all tells me I must be for not liking it.

"One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Give me five bees for a quarter," you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

[Disclosure: Well, my friends accuse me of being Abe Simpson all the time just because I'm old enough to say "you darn kids get off my lawn!]

artie_dale
01-28-2016, 01:39 PM
I kinda hope this is what unfolds during the Super Bowl. Guess which one Cam Newton is and which one is our Defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxRKGiXoMb4

SM19
01-28-2016, 01:42 PM
Cam's fun to watch. I couldn't possibly find a reason to care whether that's his genuine personality or just a character he plays. Nawrocki's "analysis" to me looks more like showboating than anything Cam's ever done.

Nomad
01-28-2016, 01:51 PM
I was indifferent when he came into the league, though he's an Auburn Tiger. I didn't think he'd turn into the player he has become and he has grown into a damn good QB. Who cares if he showboats, so does our very own Von Miller.(which I don't have a problem either). I guess if the BRONCOS don't want to see Newton showboat, then they need to shut him down. I like the way he and his teammates make the kids part of the game and celebration by giving them a game ball.

artie_dale
01-28-2016, 02:15 PM
I was indifferent when he came into the league, though he's an Auburn Tiger. I didn't think he'd turn into the player he has become and he has grown into a damn good QB. Who cares if he showboats, so does our very own Von Miller.(which I don't have a problem either). I guess if the BRONCOS don't want to see Newton showboat, then they need to shut him down. I like the way he and his teammates make the kids part of the game and celebration by giving them a game ball.

I've expressed my anti-Cam opinion. If I had a Pro Cam opinion, and I might if he and the Panthers beat us the same way they've been beating everybody this season, my opinion would consist of me having to accept that Cam has learned how to play QB. He has a plethora of plays he can audible to, he can effectively read defenses, and he has improved his accuracy (I'll actually admit that last one now).

NightTrainLayne
01-28-2016, 02:26 PM
Where's the "I don't give a flying ****" choice?

BroncoJoe
01-28-2016, 02:36 PM

This.

I don't like or dislike him or his celebrations. Frankly, I couldn't care less.

Valar Morghulis
01-28-2016, 02:40 PM
I rate him incredibly highly and think he is a good dude.

I love his celebrations.

The only time I did not like the superman was during his rookie year when the team were tanking and he was celebrating...i just don't think he had much to celebrate and to do so was quite selfish.

But now he iss a team player and he is winning so I think he had earned his right to celebrate

weazel
01-28-2016, 02:43 PM
He's a great player, has just put together a great season, enjoys the game and the fans. What's not to like?

Nomad
01-28-2016, 02:50 PM
He's a great player, has just put together a great season, enjoys the game and the fans. What's not to like?

Panthers seem to be a classy team from the coaches, players, and fans.

weazel
01-28-2016, 02:52 PM
Panthers seem to be a classy team from the coaches, players, and fans.

I'm not saying that until after the game. Until that final whistle, they are scum!

Nomad
01-28-2016, 02:55 PM
I'm not saying that until after the game. Until that final whistle, they are scum!

:lol: True!

Tned
01-28-2016, 03:13 PM

Or the, "another media created 'controversy' to fill the airwaves and pages..."

olathebroncofan
01-28-2016, 03:16 PM
null

And yet, has heroes his team to the playoffs and a super bowl, one of the best regular singke season records.

I like cam. I like what he does on and off the field. You dint hear about issues of the field. I could care less if his smile is fake, and he plays to the camera. He is an entertainer.

Are you not entertained?

GEM
01-28-2016, 03:33 PM
I like him and his celebrations. I think he's entertaining.

I Eat Staples
01-28-2016, 03:36 PM

Eh, maybe that was true once, but he is definitely Carolina's leader. The locker room loves him. And he constantly gives credit to his teammates and even wore cleats with all of his teammates' names written on them for the NFCCG.

And I think he's being genuine, and is a genuinely good guy off the field. He doesn't just hand balls to kids, he's very involved in the community in Charlotte and gives back a lot. Sure he was immature in college, but weren't most people?

Dzone
01-28-2016, 04:05 PM
Earlier this year, I hated Cam Newton. Thought he was the biggest jerk in history. Now, My attitude has changed. Yes, he is narcissistic, but that doesnt necessarily make him a bad person.There is no way I can hate a guy who goes out of his way to make A little kid happy. Hell, Cam just seems to be out there having the time of his life, embracing the moment. Dude rubbed me the wrong way at first, but then after learning more, hes not bad. He is smart, articulate and charismatic. If he wins this game, he is going to be EVERYWHERE. Now that would suck

Hopefully we knock the living shit out of him early on and we dont have to see him do any celebrating until next fall.

BroncoWave
01-28-2016, 05:19 PM

That would be the 5th option on the poll. :D

Northman
01-28-2016, 05:50 PM
That quote perfectly sums up my feelings about Cam Newton. I don't dislike his celebrations per se, and I'm not a 100 year old curmudgeon, but I dislike the spirit and intent of them. He's a showoff. He has been doing that Superman bullshit since his very first first down in the NFL. That aggravated me. I get celebration when you're on a damn good team that is doing something worthwhile, but Cam was celebrating Cam when his team was getting their ass kicked. That to me is nothing more than a selfish showoff.

The only option that fit how i felt was "dislike his celebrations" but even that comes with a caveat. I like that he gives game balls to kids and i wouldnt care if he just spiked the ball down in the endzone but when it becomes this whole dramatic thing it turns out being more about (as you said) Cam as it is about the team.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-28-2016, 06:57 PM
Don't mind him. Think that some of the flak he receives is not fair. Can come across as arrogant though.

Will really come to like him a lot more if he spends more time in the turf next Sunday instead of dancing around, running or celebrating though.

Dapper Dan
01-29-2016, 03:49 AM
It mostly has to do with winning and losing. Cam is a showboat. He likes the attention. He would be acting the same way if they were losing and people wouldn't like that. But they're winning and people love it. "Omg, look at this teams. Everyone is playing so loose. They're so happy." Blah Blah Blah. Let them get hit in the ******* mouth and see how happy they are. I'm honestly sick of hearing about them and the bullshit like "If you don't want us to celebrate, don't let us score". I hope our defense punches them in the ******* mouth. I hope they explode Tampa versus Oakland style. Then see how much they celebrate and how much they smile. **** them.

Krugan
01-29-2016, 09:11 AM
i really didnt care what ever they guy did, until the last night when i saw his "black qb" interview, really wish the ethnic comments would just frigging go away.

Really growing old, the self created separation that is todays hot topic, meh, stick it, dont care if your bright green with purple spots, just play the damn game.

TXBRONC
01-29-2016, 10:10 AM
The best way to stop it is beat him. The same with Philip Rivers the only way to keep him quiet is to beat his ass.

Northman
01-29-2016, 10:12 AM
I know it will be nearly impossible but i would love nothing more than to shut the Panthers out 38-0. That would totally make my day.

TXBRONC
01-29-2016, 10:16 AM
I know it will be nearly impossible but i would love nothing more than to shut the Panthers out 38-0. That would totally make my day.

Mine too. :cheers:

Ravage!!!
01-29-2016, 10:53 AM
Bomani Jones was talking about this discussion on the Dan Patrick show this morning (Bomani Jones is just awesome btw...smartest guy in radio). But he was saying that the 'perception of Cam' isn't different with the people AROUND Cam. Cam hasn't changed, the difference is that they are just winning a lot of games. He recalled how the loss to the Giants last year and at the end of the Seattle game last year... everyone saw the "same Cam that people didn't like after the game,b ut they just haven't seen it because they've been winning... a lot."

You could probably stream it if you wanted, but it was a great interview...as Bomani always seems to have the incredible knack for expressing EXACTLY what he wants to express with words that are sooo on point, that it just makes you say "man, that was well worded." I need to start streaming his radio show as we don't have it in my area.

TXBRONC
01-29-2016, 10:17 PM
Bomani Jones was talking about this discussion on the Dan Patrick show this morning (Bomani Jones is just awesome btw...smartest guy in radio). But he was saying that the 'perception of Cam' isn't different with the people AROUND Cam. Cam hasn't changed, the difference is that they are just winning a lot of games. He recalled how the loss to the Giants last year and at the end of the Seattle game last year... everyone saw the "same Cam that people didn't like after the game,b ut they just haven't seen it because they've been winning... a lot."

You could probably stream it if you wanted, but it was a great interview...as Bomani always seems to have the incredible knack for expressing EXACTLY what he wants to express with words that are sooo on point, that it just makes you say "man, that was well worded." I need to start streaming his radio show as we don't have it in my area.

Was he trying to say Cam is not unstoppable?

HORSEPOWER 56
01-30-2016, 01:03 AM
I like Cam. Even with his show off attitude, I don't think it's really meant to be "disrespectful" to the other team or the game. He plays with heart and guts and enjoys it and it it shows - when he's winning. Like I said in a previous thread, his 12 year old mentality is his strength but it's also his weakness. I think Wade and our defense can exploit that weakness.

If it's me, I blitz the ever loving shit out of him. I hit him and pressure him until he beats me. Cam is NOT a mental QB. He still doesn't do well quickly diagnosing a defensive coverage and making the right read. He still looks to run when his first read is covered. He doesn't beat the blitz like Manning or Brady or Roethlisbeger. He's had success because teams don't blitz. They're too worried about the run or being beat deep by Ginn. Our CBs can cover their WRs one on one. I'd man up and bring the house until he proves he can beat it.

Cam has a very fragile psyche and isn't used to not just dominating the other team. If you can crack his confidence, he falls apart. He also isn't a "come from behind QB. He's so used to playing with the lead that he gets obviously flustered when playing from behind. He will and does make big mistakes in those situations. He's totally beatable. He's the exact same guy we played in 2012. His team is slightly better on defense, but he's not any better, faster, stronger, or better at reading a defense than he was then. The Panthers didn't play a defense like ours this season. I think they're overestimating their offense. Wade beat Brady/Bellichick in a chess match. Anyone think he can't out scheme Shula/Newton? Our defense is built to beat Carolina.

The only way we lose this game is if the offense turns the ball over. If we don't have any turnovers, we win. Period.

TXBRONC
01-30-2016, 10:01 AM
I kinda hope this is what unfolds during the Super Bowl. Guess which one Cam Newton is and which one is our Defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxRKGiXoMb4

That was hilarious. :lol:

Ravage!!!
01-30-2016, 11:37 AM
The best way to stop it is beat him. The same with Philip Rivers the only way to keep him quiet is to beat his ass.

That doesn't keep his mouth quiet. He's a barker no matter what.

But you frustrate Cam, and he starts pouting pretty quickly.

Tned
01-30-2016, 11:58 AM
Brandon Marshall, who really has come a long way. Anyone seen him on Inside the NFL?

“It’s a generational thing and I just stick to that,” Marshall said on “The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore” on Wednesday night. “I don’t think it’s racial. I just think that there’s a box that we put our quarterbacks in and we say, ‘This is how you’re supposed to be. This is how Peyton Manning did it, this is how Joe Montana did it, Tom Brady, so you do it the same way.’”

With regard to Newton’s famous post-touchdown dance moves, Marshall seemed conflicted. First he said, “I don’t want my quarterback dancing. I’m from the old school ... I want my quarterbacks to get back in the huddle and lead us.”

Then Marshall reversed himself and complimented Newton. “But what we have to understand is this is the new generation,” he said. “This is what they’re doing next. They’re disruptive, they’re disrespectful, they don’t give a damn about anyone, and I kind of like it. Go back to when he was a rookie and he said, ‘I want to be an icon.’ You want to be an icon, you can’t stay in the box, you have to get out of the box, you have to be disruptive.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/race-isn-reason-people-don-cam-newton-marshall-article-1.2512783

Ravage!!!
01-30-2016, 12:10 PM
He's actually really good. Very well spoken. I like listening to him.

Northman
01-30-2016, 12:25 PM
Brandon Marshall, who really has come a long way. Anyone seen him on Inside the NFL?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/race-isn-reason-people-don-cam-newton-marshall-article-1.2512783

I heard similar sentiments from a former Steeler DB who was on a talk show the other day say it also had to do with a generational/cultural thing in terms of how Cam celebrates vs other players. But he also agreed it had nothing to do with race.

sneakers
01-31-2016, 05:19 PM
I only watched the panters like 2 times in the last 5 years and one of those times was last week

ShaneFalco
02-06-2016, 02:35 AM
Rams had the Bob n Weave banned by the NFL. Others teams complained and it got banned.

How is what Cam does any different?

Selfies on the sideline? running around giving balls out?

Northman
02-06-2016, 07:49 AM
Rams had the Bob n Weave banned by the NFL. Others teams complained and it got banned.

Well, if im correct i think anytime a player gives up a ball in the stands they have to pay for the footballs and i dont think they are cheap. I dont know the price they usually fine them for but last i had heard they do have to pay fines for everytime they give away balls.

Nomad
02-06-2016, 10:11 AM
I asked that question about giving away balls the other day. I looked it up, and I didn't find anywhere that a player has to pay for the ball when handing it into the crowd.

However, if a player punts or throws the ball into the stands, they are fined like $5000 each time.

Tned
02-06-2016, 01:41 PM

Individual vs. group celebration. A few years back the NFL outlawed group celebrations and using outside items, like sharpies, cell phones, thongs, etc.

Personally, I liked outlawing the things like using cell phones, but didn't like outlawing the group things. I liked those stupid things like the bob and weave or Saints leap frog celebration.

So, as the rules currently stand, what Cam does is within the rules, what the Rams were doing, is not.

I asked that question about giving away balls the other day. I looked it up, and I didn't find anywhere that a player has to pay for the ball when handing it into the crowd.

However, if a player punts or throws the ball into the stands, they are fined like $5000 each time.

Yep, I bought into that Cam love hype. I really thought he and other players were fined every time they gave a ball away, but according to Snopes, a league official confirmed that Cam, or any other player, gets fined for giving a ball to a fan. It's only punting/throwing the ball, as you mentioned, where a fine occurs.

Ravage!!!
02-06-2016, 02:26 PM

It wasn't the "rams" that got banned because teams were complaining. Stop with the 'we are targeted' perspective. Really think it was the "Rams dance" that got group celebrations banned?

ShaneFalco
02-07-2016, 04:05 PM
It wasn't the "rams" that got banned because teams were complaining. Stop with the 'we are targeted' perspective. Really think it was the "Rams dance" that got group celebrations banned?

https://business.highbeam.com/435553/article-1G1-60840700/nfl-might-ban-bob-n-weave-competition-committee-suggests

NFL MIGHT BAN BOB 'N WEAVE: COMPETITION COMMITTEE SUGGESTS A FINE FOR ORGANIZED CELEBRATIONS.(Sports)

ShaneFalco
02-07-2016, 04:06 PM
Individual vs. group celebration. A few years back the NFL outlawed group celebrations and using outside items, like sharpies, cell phones, thongs, etc.

Personally, I liked outlawing the things like using cell phones, but didn't like outlawing the group things. I liked those stupid things like the bob and weave or Saints leap frog celebration.

So, as the rules currently stand, what Cam does is within the rules, what the Rams were doing, is not.

Yep, I bought into that Cam love hype. I really thought he and other players were fined every time they gave a ball away, but according to Snopes, a league official confirmed that Cam, or any other player, gets fined for giving a ball to a fan. It's only punting/throwing the ball, as you mentioned, where a fine occurs.
Team selfies on the sideline could be considered group celebrations.

slim
02-07-2016, 05:52 PM
**** Cam Newton.

SR
02-07-2016, 06:08 PM
**** Cam Newton.

Hard and dry.

Nomad
02-07-2016, 06:18 PM
Hard and dry.

Damn! :lol:

slim
02-07-2016, 06:18 PM
Nomad, here we go brother.

Devilspawn
02-07-2016, 06:21 PM
I don't mind celebrations. I just hate dabbing. It's dumb and just a glorified sneeze.

Nomad
02-07-2016, 06:23 PM
Nomad, here we go brother.

It's like that movie the Outsiders....BRONCOS gotta throw the first punch and not let up. Go BRONCOS:defense:

SR
02-07-2016, 06:28 PM
I don't mind celebrations. I just hate dabbing. It's dumb and just a glorified sneeze.

I swear to god if anyone ever accuses me of dabbing when I sneeze, it'll turn in to stabbing.

Devilspawn
02-07-2016, 10:09 PM
So wait, he decides to not put his body on the line for a fumble? You can dab but you can't dive? Most Valuable P... you know.

wayninja
02-07-2016, 10:27 PM
I loved Cam tonight. Subdued, grassy, in pain. I prefer him that way to his normal smug smiling, team picture taking, superman emojiing self.

Also, I know how to "Dab" now. I was doing it most of the 4th quarter.

TXBRONC
02-07-2016, 11:11 PM
I said earlier the best way get a guy like him to shut up is to kick his ass.

Krugan
02-07-2016, 11:19 PM
After that interview, ive lost alot of respect for him.

I get it, you just got your ass handed to you in the big show, at least have the fortitude to act like a pro, and not that ultra low brow crap i just saw.

MVP with no class, punk!

UnderArmour
02-07-2016, 11:21 PM

I get it, you just got your ass handed to you in the big show, at least have the fortitude to act like a pro, and not that ultra low brow crap i just saw.

MVP with no class, punk!

Don't care and not going to hold it against him. He did not play well, and he said so in the first few questions. All the questions later were just going to have the same response, so it's whatever. I wouldn't call him a punk for that.

Devilspawn
02-07-2016, 11:22 PM

MVP with no class, punk!
Yeah I can't respect that. Lose with dignity, take it like a man and come back stronger the next time.

The thing about it that REALLY gets me is the attitude when he wins vs loses. Two extremes that both dab (whoops I mean rub) people the wrong way.

Krugan
02-07-2016, 11:23 PM
Well, when you compare him to, ohh say Manning, who loses and wins with class, you can blame him.

He acted like a pouting punk, more so, after acting a fool while winning, at least act with class when you lose...

wayninja
02-07-2016, 11:25 PM
Yeah I can't respect that. Lose with dignity, take it like a man and come back stronger the next time.

The thing about it that REALLY gets me is the attitude when he wins vs loses. Two extremes that both dab (whoops I mean rub) people the wrong way.

That's exactly it. It's called sportsmanship and while it's not totally easy to define, it's easy to see it, or a lack of it, when someone displays it.

Dapper Dan
02-07-2016, 11:43 PM
It mostly has to do with winning and losing. Cam is a showboat. He likes the attention. He would be acting the same way if they were losing and people wouldn't like that. But they're winning and people love it. "Omg, look at this teams. Everyone is playing so loose. They're so happy." Blah Blah Blah. Let them get hit in the ******* mouth and see how happy they are. I'm honestly sick of hearing about them and the bullshit like "If you don't want us to celebrate, don't let us score". I hope our defense punches them in the ******* mouth. I hope they explode Tampa versus Oakland style. Then see how much they celebrate and how much they smile. **** them.

**** yeah!!!!!!!

aberdien
02-07-2016, 11:53 PM
I still like him.

He is not very mature, though.

weazel
02-08-2016, 12:03 AM
well I stick with what I said earlier, I like the guy. I asked the question "what's not to like"... well I seen it tonight, he was pretty immature and he looked like a petulant child. I lost a little respect for him but I still think the guy is entertaining and a great player.

wayninja
02-08-2016, 12:10 AM
well I stick with what I said earlier, I like the guy. I asked the question "what's not to like"... well I seen it tonight, he was pretty immature and he looked like a petulant child. I lost a little respect for him but I still think the guy is entertaining and a great player.

He's definitely a great player, and definitely entertaining. In all of this, I don't think I've heard even one person dispute either of those things.

Ravage!!!
02-08-2016, 12:10 AM
That's him though. We saw the towel over his face just a couple years ago. Its VERY VERY easy to "have fun" playing when you are up by 30 points.

I kept hearing for 4 weeks now that Cam just "loves to play the game and has fun doing it." Really? I didn't see him having fun tonight. Strange how that "Fun" disappears in the face of adversity, huh Cam? He showed exactly what I thought he was... a guy that is great when things are going well, but crumbles mentally when they aren't. Sure didn't see that "smile" during the game. Where'd that go?

Northman
02-08-2016, 12:11 AM
What celebrations?

ShaneFalco
02-08-2016, 12:14 AM
"Too bad no band aids for hurt feelings"

wayninja
02-08-2016, 12:19 AM
What celebrations?

We took the "if you don't like it, stop it" thing to heart.

Northman
02-08-2016, 12:22 AM
We took the "if you don't like it, stop it" thing to heart.

Yep

wayninja
02-08-2016, 12:23 AM
Yep

Now that I'm thinking about it, I would not be surprised in the least if that (or something similar to it) was used as a mantra and/or motivation in the weeks leading up. I feel kinda slow for just thinking of that/putting that together now.

aberdien
02-08-2016, 01:48 AM
Hey Cam, this is how you conduct a post-SB loss press conference:

2nSa18rvVzI

DID7kDSTZ5E

OmsYJ5XxCJ0

Tned
02-08-2016, 02:26 AM
Don't care and not going to hold it against him. He did not play well, and he said so in the first few questions. All the questions later were just going to have the same response, so it's whatever. I wouldn't call him a punk for that.

When you are the face of the franchise, and let's face it, as the second highest endorsement earner (after Manning), the new face of the NFL, then you are expected to face the press and answer the questions. Brady did it after the AFCCG loss. Wilson did it after his SB loss. Manning did it two years ago.

It's the bad that comes with the good of being an NFL QB, but more than that, the MVP and the guy that everyone is saying is the face of the MVP.

Everyone talking about the example he sets giving balls to kids, etc. Was what he did in that presser a good example?

Bronco4ever
02-08-2016, 02:43 AM
I still don't totally hate Cam but his tears are delicious. He's still kind of a wuss who won't jump on a fumble to save the game.

UnderArmour
02-08-2016, 06:58 AM
When you are the face of the franchise, and let's face it, as the second highest endorsement earner (after Manning), the new face of the NFL, then you are expected to face the press and answer the questions. Brady did it after the AFCCG loss. Wilson did it after his SB loss. Manning did it two years ago.

It's the bad that comes with the good of being an NFL QB, but more than that, the MVP and the guy that everyone is saying is the face of the MVP.

Everyone talking about the example he sets giving balls to kids, etc. Was what he did in that presser a good example?
Better he walk out than say something he would regret for the rest of his life. Cam owes the media nothing. He sat down, answered some questions, but as soon as he overheard Chris Harris say the Broncos gameplan was to make him throw he got up and left. I don't expect players to be robots and have no emotion. It is tough to lose the Super Bowl, even tougher for Cam who elevated guys offensively that wouldn't start elsewhere. It would have been better if he used a classier way of ending the conference, but at least he didn't say anything that would reflect poorly on his franchise.

ShaneFalco
02-08-2016, 07:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo6x1drKtnI

Northman
02-08-2016, 08:01 AM

Yea, but according to Cam we did nothing special despite being 11 pt underdogs. :lol:

Northman
02-08-2016, 08:04 AM
I still don't totally hate Cam but his tears are delicious. He's still kind of a wuss who won't jump on a fumble to save the game.

To be honest, i have a feeling he believed his arm was coming forward and thats why he hesitated. I could be wrong but he seemed shocked that a whistle had not been blown.

Northman
02-08-2016, 08:10 AM
Better he walk out than say something he would regret for the rest of his life. Cam owes the media nothing. He sat down, answered some questions, but as soon as he overheard Chris Harris say the Broncos gameplan was to make him throw he got up and left. I don't expect players to be robots and have no emotion. It is tough to lose the Super Bowl, even tougher for Cam who elevated guys offensively that wouldn't start elsewhere. It would have been better if he used a classier way of ending the conference, but at least he didn't say anything that would reflect poorly on his franchise.

Couldnt disagree more.

A lot of people want to put Cam on a pedestal for giving footballs to kids in the stand (which is great) but then when he acts unprofessionally after a loss no one wants to hold him accountable. Add in the fact he totally disrespected us by saying "Broncos did nothing special" is just a slap in the face to the hard work the Broncos did put in for preparing for the best offense of 2015. Being the consummate professional goes beyond just giving footballs to children when you are winning ballgames. I get that he is down and would of liked to have played better but he did act like a total tool and punk at his press conference. It goes back to the leadership problem he has when things dont go his way and he acts like a petulant child. You dont have to be a robot to show humility and respect to your opponent. Giving footballs to kids is great but the true test of good guy is being able to show the same kids you can be respectful to the team you lost to. Its called good sportsmanship and Cam showed none of that in his post game interview.

Dreadnought
02-08-2016, 10:04 AM
Gawd but it was sweet to shut that posturing phony down!!!

chazoe60
02-08-2016, 10:10 AM
Gawd but it was sweet to shut that posturing phony down!!!

That's just racist.

Dapper Dan
02-08-2016, 10:26 AM

2nSa18rvVzI

DID7kDSTZ5E

OmsYJ5XxCJ0

All of these guys are white

GEM
02-08-2016, 09:55 PM
I liked him, I really did, until I just read some of his post game comments.

They didn't do anything special. We dropped passes, we let them sack us, we threw errant passes. They scored more points than us.

You cocky sumbitch. The Broncos defense owned your ass, you didn't give us shit. We pilliged your team, took what we wanted until you gave up. You ******* child, you surrendered, you gave up, you quit with time on the clock . Instead of putting your team on your shoulders like a true leader, you threw yourself on the ground in a 2 year old tantrum. Shut the **** up, you whiny pos.

ShaneFalco
02-08-2016, 09:59 PM
i feel the same Gem.

Liked him, but what a punk bitch. Prolly will never like again him after that.

Yashahla17
02-08-2016, 10:02 PM
Good to see most people don't (hate) newton, its kind of ridiculous to hate a guy you don't know.

Yashahla17
02-08-2016, 10:04 PM
i feel the same Gem.

Liked him, but what a punk bitch. Prolly will never like again him after that.

Smh you'll never like him again because he got his ass kicked and acted like a spoiled kid one time after losing the chip?

Devilspawn
02-08-2016, 10:05 PM
you threw yourself on the ground in a 2 year old tantrum.

I remember when my dad said I couldn't have that new Star Wars action figure in the window.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deA5FOwG5po

ShaneFalco
02-08-2016, 10:09 PM
Smh you'll never like him again because he got his ass kicked and acted like a spoiled kid one time after losing the chip?

yes. I have watched every other losing QB stand up there and talk even though they wanted to be elsewhere. Cam thinks he is special or something

Yashahla17
02-08-2016, 10:09 PM
I remember when my dad said I couldn't have that new Star Wars action figure in the window.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deA5FOwG5po

Newton totally lost it last night, but its not the first time we've seen players hit the floor after something has happened.

Joel
02-08-2016, 10:13 PM

They didn't do anything special. We dropped passes, we let them sack us, we threw errant passes. They scored more points than us.

You cocky sumbitch. The Broncos defense owned your ass, you didn't give us shit. We pilliged your team, took what we wanted until you gave up. You ******* child, you surrendered, you gave up, you quit with time on the clock . Instead of putting your team on your shoulders like a true leader, you threw yourself on the ground in a 2 year old tantrum. Shut the **** up, you whiny pos.
That's what absolutely blew my mind (and apparently many others.) I can't recall EVER seeing that before in a SUPER BOWL, and rarely in ANY game. Games where you need to score more points than there are seconds on the clock, so even if the other team left the field there's not enough TIME to come back unless they commit a defensive penalty every single play.

CAROLINA WAS ONLY DOWN 14, WITH 2 TIME OUTS PLUS THE 2:00 WARNING!

That's just plain punking out: #1 offense was AFRAID to run even ONE more play against our D. Strut like that all year, then roll over and beg mercy like no SB team I've ever seen. Maybe Cam left the podium to go look for his missing manhood.

Yashahla17
02-08-2016, 10:18 PM
yes. I have watched every other losing QB stand up there and talk even though they wanted to be elsewhere. Cam thinks he is special or something

True true.

GEM
02-08-2016, 10:21 PM

Pot meet kettle. You hate Manning with a passion.

Joel
02-08-2016, 10:27 PM
Newton totally lost it last night, but its not the first time we've seen players hit the floor after something has happened.
I've tried to be nice since I want Broncos Country to have at least 24 hrs to enjoy its first Championship since Elway TOGETHER: But that clock's running out as it did on Camolina. Cam wasn't following coachs orders to protect the ball and himself for a season ALREADY DONE: He punked out, just as in the SB. He talked the talk ALL YEAR in 6 games vs. an NFCS where NO ONE ELSE HAD A WINNING SEASON, 4 vs. the NFCE and 4 vs. the AFCS, but couldn't walk the walk when it COUNTED.

Manning just became the first QB to EVER win a SB with DIFFERENT teams, and played the final down of his CAREER, but you're STILL as butthurt as Cam. Not even because you lost the SB: Because "your" team won with the "wrong" QB. I almost hope Oz bombs so you'll be gone in a year.

Yashahla17
02-08-2016, 10:27 PM
Pot meet kettle. You hate Manning with a passion.

Lies, i didnt like manning once he got washed up, give me a prime manning ANY day of the week.

Yashahla17
02-08-2016, 10:29 PM
I've tried to be nice since I want Broncos Country to have at least 24 hrs to enjoy its first Championship since Elway TOGETHER: But that clock's running out as it did on Camolina. Cam wasn't following coachs orders to protect the ball and himself for a season ALREADY DONE: He punked out, just as in the SB. He talked the talk ALL YEAR in 6 games vs. an NFCS where NO ONE ELSE HAD A WINNING SEASON, 4 vs. the NFCE and 4 vs. the AFCS, but couldn't walk the walk when it COUNTED.

Manning just became the first QB to EVER win a SB with DIFFERENT teams, and played the final down of his CAREER, but you're STILL as butthurt as Cam, and not even because you lost the SB, but because "your" team won with the "wrong" QB. I almost hope Oz bombs so you'll be gone in a year.

I,dont read your post, so why do you continue to waste your time? How did your carolina panthers fair in the superbowl? You swore up and down the broncos would lose.

SR
02-08-2016, 10:29 PM
Lies, i didnt like manning once he got washed up, give me a prime manning ANY day of the week.

How's the weather over there? Fair?

Joel
02-08-2016, 11:19 PM
I,dont read your post, so why do you continue to waste your time? How did your carolina panthers fair in the superbowl? You swore up and down the broncos would lose.
I swore no such thing, and YOU'RE the one bashing "your" teams SB-winning QB just because you like some other guy better, "Champ."

aberdien
02-08-2016, 11:23 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--RaxYUfFNbc/UOgbDGeF1HI/AAAAAAAAEyg/0P6HzwpI12k/s1600/internet-fight.gif

Tned
02-09-2016, 12:32 AM
Better he walk out than say something he would regret for the rest of his life.

I agree with this.

Cam owes the media nothing. He sat down, answered some questions, but as soon as he overheard Chris Harris say the Broncos gameplan was to make him throw he got up and left.

It's not about "owing" the media, it's that it is expected that head coaches and QBs will meet with the press mid week, post game, etc. This is one of the reasons the QBs get the big bucks. How many QBs act that way? Maybe Kapernik, but he looks like a total professional next to Cam.

You are letting him off very easy by blaming it on Harris. Cam came out in a hoodie, rather than his normal flashy dress. He was mumbling monosyllabic answers. It was a train wreck before he heard Harris' comments.

I don't expect players to be robots and have no emotion. It is tough to lose the Super Bowl, even tougher for Cam who elevated guys offensively that wouldn't start elsewhere. It would have been better if he used a classier way of ending the conference, but at least he didn't say anything that would reflect poorly on his franchise.

I think Pat Kirwan, who has been a HUGE Cam cheerleader, and gave Broncos near zero chance to win, primarily because of Cam, wrote this in an article today, and mentioned a variation multiple times on the radio:

"Meanwhile, the regular season MVP, Newton, got a little lesson in humility. After coming out for pre-game warmups in his gold cleats and “dabbing” after just about every throw, he didn’t have the opportunity to dab even once in the actual game. Not once."

--Pat Kirwan https://realfootballnetwork.com/2016/02/08/post-super-bowl-must-haves/

Tned
02-09-2016, 12:41 AM
To be honest, i have a feeling he believed his arm was coming forward and thats why he hesitated. I could be wrong but he seemed shocked that a whistle had not been blown.

I was thinking that as well, but then I watched it several times, and I'm not sure. He started to aggressively go at the ball, then sees Ware reaching for it, and then hops away. So, did he see his guy coming (over the top of Ware) and thought he would interfere? Did he think Ware was about to scoop it up, so decided as Ward said, to stay healthy for next year?

I really don't get it. If it wasn't for him initially going after it, I would think that he thought it was incomplete, but if you look, he ran towards it, and then hops away, like someone trying not to touch a punted ball.

I still like him. I do think he's the face of the NFL. He's an insane talent. He's just very immature. He's part of the me generation that is an unsportsmanlike showboat when it's going there way, and then a pouty bitch when it isn't.

Cam is like the little punks you play on Madden on Xbox live. If they are beating you, they are talking trash with their little high pitch voices, but if you are ahead going into the fourth quarter, they pull their network cable, because they have no concept of sportsmanship or doing what's right.

Cam is like those little punk brats.

I hope he does learn from this and matures, because he's good for the game when he's not wearing panties, sucking his thumb and throwing his toys out of the pram.

ShaneFalco
02-09-2016, 01:13 AM
Cam is like the little punks you plan on Madden on Xbox live. If they are beating you, they are talking trash with their little high pitch voices, but if you are ahead going into the fourth quarter, they pull their network cable, because they have no concept of sportsmanship or doing what's right.

Cam is like those little punk brats.

I hope he does learn from this and matures, because he's good for the game when he's not wearing panties, sucking his thumb and throwing his toys out of the pram.

i smiled for long and hard thinking about tned getting beat by 13 year olds in Madden

Tned
02-09-2016, 01:20 AM

i smiled for long and hard thinking about tned getting beat by 13 year olds in Madden

13 year olds? Crap, I think half of them are more like 10 based on their high pitched squeaky taunting voices.

BroncoJoe
02-09-2016, 09:23 AM
I was thinking that as well, but then I watched it several times, and I'm not sure. He started to aggressively go at the ball, then sees Ware reaching for it, and then hops away. So, did he see his guy coming (over the top of Ware) and thought he would interfere? Did he think Ware was about to scoop it up, so decided as Ward said, to stay healthy for next year?

I really don't get it. If it wasn't for him initially going after it, I would think that he thought it was incomplete, but if you look, he ran towards it, and then hops away, like someone trying not to touch a punted ball.

The only other thought I had was a Panther was coming in hot over DeMarcus, and it almost looked like Cam was nervous about his knees/legs getting hit. One the ball squirted out, he did dive in and try to go after it.

Ravage!!!
02-09-2016, 11:31 AM
He brags about wnating to be a "leader for the kids." That team doesnt' see him as a leader as he's pouting on the sidelines, alone. They didn't exactly support his post game comments. Great EXAMMPLE for the kids, Cam. Hand them balls, but then teach them to be a bitch after defeat. Like I said before the game, you are what I thought you were (thanks for that line, Dennis Green).

TXBRONC
02-09-2016, 01:32 PM

Sorry, he was being a punk. Go look at how Manning handled the loss to the Seahawks. He was upset and I'm sure even embarrassed but he didn't pout like Cam. I'm sure Manning got asked the same question over and over again.

Ravage!!!
02-09-2016, 04:16 PM

I would. He said today "I've said I'm a sore loser, who likes to lose? You show me someone that likes to lose, and I'll show you a...loser."

To copy Jim Rome... "that sounds great for a coffee mug, or a bumper sticker. That might look great on a poster for the weight room. But that's not real. You can't go out like that."

Tom Brady isn't a loser. Peyton Manning, isn't a loser. Ben Rothlesburger, isn't a loser. Russel Wilson, isn't a loser. Yet they've all lost Super Bowls, and all have handled it like professionals. Cam Newton just reminded the country why he has so many people saying they don't like him, and it's not because of the color of his skin.

Once again, not the "example to kids" that he brags to be.

Tned
02-09-2016, 05:19 PM
I would. He said today "I've said I'm a sore loser, who likes to lose? You show me someone that likes to lose, and I'll show you a...loser."

To copy Jim Rome... "that sounds great for a coffee mug, or a bumper sticker. That might look great on a poster for the weight room. But that's not real. You can't go out like that."

Tom Brady isn't a loser. Peyton Manning, isn't a loser. Ben Rothlesburger, isn't a loser. Russel Wilson, isn't a loser. Yet they've all lost Super Bowls, and all have handled it like professionals. Cam Newton just reminded the country why he has so many people saying they don't like him, and it's not because of the color of his skin.

Once again, not the "example to kids" that he brags to be.

He also today on one hand said that he does things his own way and because others do it another way, doesn't mean he will. Seems to be saying, just because Manning, Brady, Wilson, etc act professional and nice post game, doesn't mean he will. However, while he goes his own way and won't be like the other QBs at pressers, he used some other QBs not going after balls as a justification for not going after the fumble, because he thought he might injure himself.

Ravage!!!
02-09-2016, 06:02 PM
He also today on one hand said that he does things his own way and because others do it another way, doesn't mean he will. Seems to be saying, just because Manning, Brady, Wilson, etc act professional and nice post game, doesn't mean he will. However, while he goes his own way and won't be like the other QBs at pressers, he used some other QBs not going after balls as a justification for not going after the fumble, because he thought he might injure himself.

Seems the "my way" just means being a pouty, immature, douche when he wants to be. Perhaps he didn't realize this was the super Bowl and that there is no 'tomorrow' to save himself for.

He's going to use that "my way" anytime people try to explain to him that he needs to be a professional. Seems that became the mantra that people accepted when he was smilin' and laughin' in the endzone when he got there. He needs to make up his mind if he really wants to be a role model or not.

BroncoJoe
02-09-2016, 06:05 PM
Anyone defending his actions in the post-game interview is an idiot.

tomjonesrocks
02-09-2016, 06:33 PM
he used some other QBs not going after balls as a justification for not going after the fumble, because he thought he might injure himself.

I can't believe he said that. That will stay with him the rest of his career. Say anything but that.

"The ball was moving, I started to go down but thought I had the wrong angle an I'd miss it - I tried to adjust but it was too late. "

Something. Didn't Brees tear his shoulder up diving for a fumble? It's the Super Bowl. The game was still in doubt. Ridiculous!

BroncoJoe
02-09-2016, 07:47 PM
I can't believe he said that. That will stay with him the rest of his career. Say anything but that.

"The ball was moving, I started to go down but thought I had the wrong angle an I'd miss it - I tried to adjust but it was too late. "

Something. Didn't Brees tear his shoulder up diving for a fumble? It's the Super Bowl. The game was still in doubt. Ridiculous!

Brees' shoulder was injured by a sack.

After looking at the replays, it's hard to blame him - see my post above.

That said, his press conference both after the game and today were despicable for an "MVP".

aberdien
02-09-2016, 11:12 PM
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/12733367_1091877794204435_5414571776514324522_n.jp g?oh=4cd25bf3bd54411e8f2681eb2a525309&oe=57302D42

Tned
02-10-2016, 12:13 AM
Here's his comments today defending/explaining not going after the ball:

"I didn't get the fumble. We can play tit for tat,” Newton said to reporters Tuesday. “I’ve seen numerous quarterbacks throw interceptions and their efforts afterwards…they don’t go. I don’t dive on one fumble because the way my leg was, it could have been (contorted) in a way.

"I fumbled. That's fine. But we didn't lose that game because of that fumble. I can tell you that."

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/carolina-panthers-cam-newton-defends-fourth-quarter-fumble-020916

Ravage!!!
02-10-2016, 11:35 AM

"I didn't get the fumble. We can play tit for tat,” Newton said to reporters Tuesday. “I’ve seen numerous quarterbacks throw interceptions and their efforts afterwards…they don’t go. I don’t dive on one fumble because the way my leg was, it could have been (contorted) in a way.

"I fumbled. That's fine. But we didn't lose that game because of that fumble. I can tell you that."

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/carolina-panthers-cam-newton-defends-fourth-quarter-fumble-020916

He just keeps digging himself into a hole. If it was game two of the reg season...hell.. if it were ANY regular season game (other than one that was win to get into playoffs and lose to stay out)...then I agree with him. But this was THE Super Bowl. Roth made a Super Bowl winning tackle on a Jerome Bettis fumble.

Did it lose them the game, no. But I damn am sure it put the nail in the coffin by not recovering it. It ENDED the game by not recovering it.

The guy is just a pouting child.

artie_dale
02-10-2016, 12:25 PM
Cam Newton = A Deviant

A Deviant = departing from usual or accepted standards, especially in social settings.

Accepted usual and social standards are set by that society. They vary from one society or culture to another.

So, when he says "Who is anyone to decide what is right?" He is somewhat correct.

What I REALLY think is happening with him is, he is just your typical standard narcissist.

Narcissist = the pursuit of gratification from vanity or egotistic admiration of one's own attributes.
In other words, everything Cam does is for self serving reasons. He celebrates TDs because he wants/loves the attention. He gives footballs away because he wants to be perceived as charitable. He's charismatic, happy/pleasant, and witty when he's winning because that's how he wants to be perceived. From the outside looking in, he is viewed as all those positive things. A narcissist also cannot handle criticism and admit (honestly & sincerely) that their woes are their fault. They will be around the bush and blame either other people or the situation. Never themselves.

These are all blatantly obvious to me in the case of Cam Newton. Narcissists aren't stupid though. Through adversity, they don't learn actual humility (in a whole lot of cases). They only learn how to hide their narcissistic tendencies by learning how to look like they are humble. It's a shitty thing to live with a narcissist and to be a narcissist that is trying to correct it.

I would bet that if a reporter asked Cam Newton if he was a narcissist, he'd absolutely deny it. Instead of sit back and wonder if there might be something wrong with him. A true narcissist would not entertain the thought that there is something wrong with them.

BOOSH! **** Cam!

TXBRONC
02-10-2016, 12:56 PM

He's right that one play didn't lose the game for them. But it effectively ended any hope that they would win.

aberdien
02-10-2016, 06:33 PM
Let's play a game called, "Pick the Thug."

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-0/p526x296/12715544_10100606964780156_1325965819608049863_n.j pg?oh=ea7c3dc6e923661c50c6e8a9abcd6f62&oe=5730122C

-One of these men started a non-profit organization to improve the lives of children by mentoring them on the importance of education, literacy and self-esteem in Oakland

-One of these men literally gave a fan in a wheel chair the shoes off his feet, and regularly gives children Touchdown footballs.

-One of these men Graduated from Stanford with a 3.9 GPA, and is currently working on his Masters degree.

-One of these men has been arrested numerous times for disorderly conduct, racial profiling, under age drinking, and recently was implicated in a domestic violence case that led to his ex-girlfriend suffering a ruptured eardrum...

TXBRONC
02-10-2016, 06:44 PM
Let's play a game called, "Pick the Thug."

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-0/p526x296/12715544_10100606964780156_1325965819608049863_n.j pg?oh=ea7c3dc6e923661c50c6e8a9abcd6f62&oe=5730122C

-One of these men started a non-profit organization to improve the lives of children by mentoring them on the importance of education, literacy and self-esteem in Oakland

-One of these men literally gave a fan in a wheel chair the shoes off his feet, and regularly gives children Touchdown footballs.

-One of these men Graduated from Stanford with a 3.9 GPA, and is currently working on his Masters degree.

-One of these men has been arrested numerous times for disorderly conduct, racial profiling, under age drinking, and recently was implicated in a domestic violence case that led to his ex-girlfriend suffering a ruptured eardrum...

Who called Cam a thug? He's being pouty but I don't think anyone has called him a thug.

BroncoWave
02-10-2016, 06:44 PM
Who called Cam a thug? He's being pouty but I don't think anyone has called him a thug.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what the point of that post was?

aberdien
02-10-2016, 06:47 PM
I saw it on facebook. I didn't see anybody here calling him a thug. I meant to put it in one of the Manziel threads. Too lazy to switch it. Deal with it bitches.

BroncoWave
02-10-2016, 06:52 PM
I saw it on facebook. I didn't see anybody here calling him a thug. I meant to put it in one of the Manziel threads. Too lazy to switch it. Deal with it bitches.

Even still, it's a stupid post. I could post a pic of Greg Hardy and 3 upstanding white players and make the exact opposite point.

TXBRONC
02-10-2016, 06:57 PM

Abe, go pound sand. :D

Northman
02-10-2016, 07:07 PM
Even still, it's a stupid post. I could post a pic of Greg Hardy and 3 upstanding white players and make the exact opposite point.

^This

Tned
02-10-2016, 07:25 PM

Or four white guys, or four black guys, or a buffet of black, white and hispanic (aka the other white meat).

Dreadnought
02-11-2016, 03:56 PM
Or four white guys, or four black guys, or a buffet of black, white and hispanic (aka the other white meat).

Hey, we could use Ryan Leaf, Aaron Hernandez, Rae Carruth, and Lawrence Phillips for something like a Benetton ad of NFL thugs

Joel
02-12-2016, 05:08 AM
Hey, we could use Ryan Leaf, Aaron Hernandez, Rae Carruth, and Lawrence Phillips for something like a Benetton ad of NFL thugs
Pretty sure that's not what "United in Orange" means.

Ravage!!!
02-12-2016, 10:27 AM
I"m curious since this thread came out before the Super Bowl.

Has anyone changed their minds on Cam after seeing just how poorly he handles defeat, and tries to justify it with "I'm going to do it my way"?

TXBRONC
02-12-2016, 10:55 AM

Has anyone changed their minds on Cam after seeing just how poorly he handles defeat, and tries to justify it with "I'm going to do it my way"?

My opinion on his celebrations has changed. He's a front runner. When the Panthers are winning he's out show boating but put a beat down him and he's hanging head and pouting. He doesn't losing with class. I'm sure Manning hates losing every bit as much Cam but the difference Manning knows how to show humility where Cam at this point does not.

Valar Morghulis
02-12-2016, 11:07 AM
I"m curious since this thread came out before the Super Bowl. Has anyone changed their minds on Cam after seeing just how poorly he handles defeat, and tries to justify it with "I'm going to do it my way"?

Yeah. Me. I was quite indifferent to him as a person. Now I think he is a ******* clown

Joel
02-12-2016, 11:11 AM

Yeah, thought about that: The only Panthers game I saw all of this year gave Cam little to celebrate, so I can't venture an opinion.

I CAN say he was graceless in defeat, which corroborates reports he's always graceless in victory. Like school on Saturday.... :tsk:

MOtorboat
02-13-2016, 03:14 AM
I have no problem with Cam Newton.

I have no problem with him celebrating. Von Miller celebrates every bit as much as Cam Newton. And I love Von Miller's celebrations. I'm not a hypocrite.

I have no problem with his post game press conference. We wanted our Broncos to have that same pissed off reaction after the Seattle game. I'm not a hypocrite.

aberdien
02-13-2016, 03:29 AM
I still like Cam and his celebrations. He is a sore loser but I like that he is acknowledging and owning up to that fact. I think he absolutely needs to change that though and learn to find a balance between his personality and his profession, because his schtick will get old if it hasn't already.

Nevertheless, I would take him on my team. He is immature. He is young. So it goes. He will learn and adapt as needed, but not so much that if destroys the personal touch he puts on the game of football. I find his personality refreshing.

Nomad
02-13-2016, 10:17 AM
I still like Cam and his celebrations. He is a sore loser but I like that he is acknowledging and owning up to that fact. I think he absolutely needs to change that though and learn to find a balance between his personality and his profession, because his schtick will get old if it hasn't already.

Nevertheless, I would take him on my team. He is immature. He is young. So it goes. He will learn and adapt as needed, but not so much that if destroys the personal touch he puts on the game of football. I find his personality refreshing.

The is the best response to what Newton did I've read so far. He has room to mature. We have all seen his good side, and now, we've seen his bad side. It's up to him to right the ship. I had no problem with his, and the Panthers, antics before the Superbowl. It reminded me of the Seahawks before they gave the BRONCOS an ass beating to remember. Cam is young, and again, has room to mature. The BRONCOS defense was quite impressive, too bad he can't admit that, or I haven't heard him say.

Northman
02-13-2016, 10:26 AM
The Broncos did nothing special.

Signed,

Fig Newton

aberdien
02-13-2016, 11:42 AM

Signed,

Fig Newton

Technically special would be something out of the ordinary, so in a way I guess he is right. Business as usual.

:defense:

Northman
02-13-2016, 11:44 AM
Technically special would be something out of the ordinary, so in a way I guess he is right. Business as usual.

:defense:

Methinks had the Panthers won he would of been singing a different tune about he and his team. Considering the obstacles the Broncos faced all year especially on the offensive side of the ball i would say what Denver did was very special. NOBODY saw us winning a title this year the way things were going.

TXBRONC
02-13-2016, 12:55 PM

Signed,

Fig Newton

You fumbled the joke bro. :D

Tned
02-13-2016, 01:28 PM
I have no problem with Cam Newton.

I have no problem with him celebrating. Von Miller celebrates every bit as much as Cam Newton. And I love Von Miller's celebrations. I'm not a hypocrite.

I have no problem with his post game press conference. We wanted our Broncos to have that same pissed off reaction after the Seattle game. I'm not a hypocrite.

Your second statement is up for debate, a matter of opinion. It's akin to the people that say Rodgers double check thing is the same as Cam's multi-segment dance.

As to the last statement, I doubt many fans want their QB to act like a petulant brat when their team loses. Give no credit to the other team. Not answer questions. A day or two later, defend the behavior that even his most ardent supporters the previous week were denouncing.

Tned
02-13-2016, 01:34 PM

He really isn't owning up to anything. What he said was just because other QBs are professional with the press and the rest of the NFL world expects it, doesn't make "their way" right and he will do what he wants. Further, those same QBs that he says he WON'T act like when it comes to being professional, he uses as an excuse for why he didn't go after a fumble with four minutes left to go in the SB, which insured his team wasn't going to win.

Forget the fact he was full of shit. Show me examples of other NFL QBs that jumped away from a chance to recover a fumble in the SB? Shit, I'm not sure you will even find many/any examples in regular season games.

MOtorboat
02-13-2016, 02:16 PM
Your second statement is up for debate, a matter of opinion. It's akin to the people that say Rodgers double check thing is the same as Cam's multi-segment dance.

As to the last statement, I doubt many fans want their QB to act like a petulant brat when their team loses. Give no credit to the other team. Not answer questions. A day or two later, defend the behavior that even his most ardent supporters the previous week were denouncing.

He repeated; "We got outplayed" and while it wasn't a glowing review isn't that giving credit to Denver?

How many times have people screamed about "not too shabby" around here? I guarantee people would have loved it had someone on that 2013 Broncos team been pissed off.

Tned
02-13-2016, 02:22 PM
He repeated; "We got outplayed" and while it wasn't a glowing review isn't that giving credit to Denver?

How many times have people screamed about "not too shabby" around here? I guarantee people would have loved it had someone on that 2013 Broncos team been pissed off.

You really think that people would have loved it if Manning acted like that after the loss?

He's been pretty universally trashed by his most ardent supporters in the media for not giving the Broncos defense credit. He mumbled outplayed, and then said the Broncos hadn't done anything they hadn't seen, and just blamed it no drops and such.

Northman
02-13-2016, 02:29 PM

Im pretty sure that team was pissed off but they still conducted themselves professionally when interviewed.

Ravage!!!
02-13-2016, 02:43 PM
Im pretty sure that team was pissed off but they still conducted themselves professionally when interviewed.

EXACTLY! This BS crap of "wanting to see my players pissed" is just crap. SHowing unprofessionalism isn't a sign of being more competetive, its just a sign of being immature. Brady has lost SUper Bowls, did he act like that? Did Roth or Manning? It's not being a hypocrite to say that I think is personna after the Super Bowl proved exactly why people don't like him. He's the face of the franchise, and his 'pounting' showed DURING the SUper Bowl as well. That team was following his lead, and that 'lead'..showed him backing away from a fumble.

No.... no one is a hypocrite by pointing out what a childish ass he was, and then just claims "i'll do it my way."

wayninja
02-14-2016, 02:50 AM

The last time I was as "pissed off" as cam newton, I was 13 years old, stormed to my room and slammed the door after not getting my way. Exactly the emotion we all wanted in our coaching staff, amirite?

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 02:52 AM
The last time I was as "pissed off" as cam newton, I was 13 years old, stormed to my room and slammed the door after not getting my way. Exactly the emotion we all wanted in our coaching staff, amirite?

I'll just disagree. I read those threads.

wayninja
02-14-2016, 02:55 AM
I'll just disagree. I read those threads.

So the professional standard is "those threads"? In the absence of "those threads", how did Cam comport himself?

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 03:01 AM
So the professional standard is "those threads"? In the absence of "those threads", how did Cam comport himself?

About the same as the Bill Belicheck interview I just watched after the Giants beat the 18-0 Patriots. Two word answers.

wayninja
02-14-2016, 03:06 AM
About the same as the Bill Belicheck interview I just watched after the Giants beat the 18-0 Patriots. Two word answers.

And of course Cam is just as consistent as Belicheck. Belicheck gives the same rote responses in victory and defeat. Same with Cam, amirite?

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 03:09 AM
The difference of course being consistency. Belicheck gives the same rote responses in victory and defeat. Same with Cam, amirite?

So, it's only unprofessional if you do it once? If you do it all the time, no worries?

You sure the difference isn't Belicheck actually had a polo on instead of his hoodie and his skin is white. Amirite?

wayninja
02-14-2016, 03:10 AM
So, it's only unprofessional if you do it once? If you do it all the time, no worries?

You sure the difference isn't Belicheck actually had a polo on instead of his hoodie and his skin is white. Amirite?

So... we are back to racism? Yeah, that must be it. Because the superbowl is played every week, by every team. Perfect reasoning Mo.

For what it's worth, 2 word answers to every question is much greater shrift than what Cam gave. I don't recall Belicheck walking out of an interview, even on superbowl losses. If you can't see the difference, I have a hard time believing skin color is blinding you to it.

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 03:13 AM
So... we are back to racism? Yeah, that must be it. Because the superbowl is played every week, by every team. Perfect reasoning Mo.

No. That was flippant. I apologize for that.

The Super Bowl isn't played every week. You said, Belicheck's response was OK because of consistency. Then you just said the Super Bowl isn't played every week. You're contradicting yourself. Is it OK for Belicheck to respond with two words answers after a Super Bowl loss but not OK for Cam Newton?

wayninja
02-14-2016, 03:16 AM
No. That was flippant. I apologize for that.

The Super Bowl isn't played every week. You said, Belicheck's response was OK because of consistency. Then you just said the Super Bowl isn't played every week. You're contradicting yourself. Is it OK for Belicheck to respond with two words answers after a Super Bowl loss but not OK for Cam Newton?

I'm not contradicting anything, since there was no contradiction. Cam was clearly sullen. Clearly petulant. Clearly walked out of the interview.

Belicheck isn't "ok" because of consistency. His consistency is ok. If Cam was petulant, subdued and walked out out of interviews as a matter of course, this wouldn't be blatant. Is Cam normally subdued in post game interviews? Does he normally walk out of them?

It's not rocket science. And it's not racial. To claim that there is no maturity issue there is willing blindness.

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 03:20 AM
I'm not contradicting anything, since there was no contradiction. Cam was clearly sullen. Clearly petulant. Clearly walked out of the interview.

Belicheck isn't "ok" because of consistency. His consistency is ok. If Cam was petulant, subdued and walked out out of interviews as a matter of course, this wouldn't be blatant. Is Cam normally subdued in post game interviews? Does he normally walk out of them?

It's not rocket science. And it's not racial. To claim that there is no maturity issue there is willing blindness.

I've never claimed there's not a maturity issue.

I've said I don't have a problem with it and I think people here would have rather enjoyed hearing that from a Bronco two years ago.

Apparently it is rocket science, because I don't see how Belicheck's petulance and two word answers are different than Newton's. Does Belicheck have a maturity issue?

wayninja
02-14-2016, 03:22 AM

I've said I don't have a problem with it and I think people here would have rather enjoyed hearing that from a Bronco two years ago.

Apparently it is rocket science, because I don't see how Belicheck's petulance and two word answers are different than Newton's. Does Belicheck have a maturity issue?

No, since disdain of media is different than petulance. Again, I feel like you are playing a bit dumb here with the comparison.

And no, mo. You are just wrong. I can't think of a a single person that would have "liked" any member of the Broncos acting like Cam did in that post game interview after being defeated by the seahawks.

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 03:28 AM
No, since disdain of media is different than petulance. Again, I feel like you are playing a bit dumb here with the comparison.

And no, mo. You are just wrong. I can't think of a a single person that would have "liked" any member of the Broncos acting like Cam did in that post game interview after being defeated by the seahawks.

A general disdain for media is an excuse for petulance? Seems like a shitty excuse to me.

It's not dumb. It's a serious question. If Demaryius Thomas had been that pissed off after that game in 2014, would it be this criticized here? By some, maybe. But not like this.

wayninja
02-14-2016, 03:37 AM
A general disdain for media is an excuse for petulance? Seems like a shitty excuse to me.

It's not petulance. They are different things. Cam is ebullient in post game pressers when he wins. Belicheck is not. Hence the difference. Once again I must protest that you are playing dumb here. Belicheck has always been disdainful of giving the media information. Is that professional? I don't know, and it's certainly debatable , but its NOT comparable to how Cam behaved in his post game presser.

It's not dumb. It's a serious question. If Demaryius Thomas had been that pissed off after that game in 2014, would it be this criticized here? By some, maybe. But not like this.

You keep saying "pissed off". That's simply not how I see pissed off. At least not by a fully grown man. Petulance (which you've already implicitly admitted) is not "pissed off", nor does "pissed off" mean that you storm out of what amounts to a job duty. I've been "pissed off" at work plenty of times. I've never stormed out of a meeting or hung up on a client (ok, maybe ONCE, but I was younger and ADMIT that I was immature and at fault).

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 03:44 AM
It's not petulance. They are different things. Cam is ebullient in post game pressers when he wins. Belicheck is not. Hence the difference. Once again I must protest that you are playing dumb here. Belicheck has always been disdainful of giving the media information. Is that professional? I don't know, and it's certainly debatable , but its NOT comparable to how Cam behaved in his post game presser.

You keep saying "pissed off". That's simply not how I see pissed off. At least not by a fully grown man. Petulance (which you've already implicitly admitted) is not "pissed off", nor does "pissed off" mean that you storm out of what amounts to a job duty. I've been "pissed off" at work plenty of times. I've never stormed out of a meeting or hung up on a client (ok, maybe ONCE, but I was younger and ADMIT that I was immature and at fault).

I disagree.

Belicheck is most certainly petulant with the media and he was in that interview.

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 03:47 AM
Again, to me, it seems you're saying it's Ok for Belicheck to be petulant because he's always that way. But it's not OK for Newton because he's not always petulant. It's a contradiction to me. I realize we see this differently.

wayninja
02-14-2016, 04:02 AM
I just think you need to look up the words disdain and petulance and see which one fits Cam and which one fits Belicheck.

Joel
02-14-2016, 04:07 AM
It's not like Belicheats douchey behavior would excuse Cams, but Belicheat does that to the press win or lose: It has NOTHING to do with the game. Cam ONLY but ALWAYS acts like that when he loses, because he's not disgusted with media: He's just a graceless loser AND winner.

Joel
02-14-2016, 05:51 AM

Signed,

Fig Newton
My favorite part of his comment is that what the Broncos "did" was dismantle an offense built around Cam doing (literally) 80% of the scoring. BREAK the #1 scoring offense SO badly they'd rather PUNT while trailing by 14 with 2:00 left than face our D for even a SINGLE snap more.

So ANNIHILATING Cam Newton is "nothing special:" He said so himself.

GEM
02-14-2016, 09:13 AM

Yep. I liked him before. Sore losers get on my nerves. His comnents about Denver did nothing special did it for me.

Dzone
02-14-2016, 09:49 AM
Yep. I liked him before. Sore losers get on my nerves. His comnents about Denver did nothing special did it for me.

Ya, I was fine with Cam before, but now he set a terrible example for kids. I lost all respect for him. Like boomer esiason said " He is making it very hard to root for him"

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 10:19 AM
I just think you need to look up the words disdain and petulance and see which one fits Cam and which one fits Belicheck.

I'm well aware of the definition of the words. Thanks.

Tned
02-14-2016, 05:11 PM

If you want to turn this into a race discussion, can you please do that in the Cam thread in politics.

Tned
02-14-2016, 05:15 PM

Ok, so since this is a thread about whether or not you like Cam and his celebrations and such, and you are holding Belichick up as some kind of poster boy, am I interpreting this right that you think Belichick has some kind of love/groupie following among Broncos fans? The way you are posting him as the example, you sure seem to think so. I think we've been living in a different football universe the last decade or so.

Northman
02-14-2016, 05:37 PM
Belichek may be sour but he is sour about everything, but he at least stays for the rest of the interview and doesnt storm off. The comparison between BB and Cam is just silly.

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 06:03 PM
If you want to turn this into a race discussion, can you please do that in the Cam thread in politics.

It was recanted and apologized for. Keep reading.

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 06:06 PM
Ok, so since this is a thread about whether or not you like Cam and his celebrations and such, and you are holding Belichick up as some kind of poster boy, am I interpreting this right that you think Belichick has some kind of love/groupie following among Broncos fans? The way you are posting him as the example, you sure seem to think so. I think we've been living in a different football universe the last decade or so.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Because nothing I think your saying is anything close to my point.

This poll and discussion has never occurred at this website for Belicheck. I'm asking is it acceptable for him to continuously do the same thing Newton did once?

I think it's a logical question. Obviously others do not.

Wayninja thinks it would be acceptable for Newton to act this way, but only if he does it every time.

Tned
02-14-2016, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure what you're asking. Because nothing I think your saying is anything close to my point.

This poll and discussion has never occurred at this website for Belicheck. I'm asking is it acceptable for him to continuously do the same thing Newton did once?

I think it's a logical question. Obviously others do not.

Wayninja thinks it would be acceptable for Newton to act this way, but only if he does it every time.

I'm not missing your point, I'm saying your point is invalid, ridiculous, ill conceived -- take your pick.

There would be no discussion about liking or disliking Cam if it wasn't for the media and others trashing anyone that doesn't love him or criticizes his celebrations as having ulterior motives for those criticisms.

In the case of Belichick, outside of Pats fans, there he is pretty universally disliked. Yes, some like myself respect what he and the Pats have accomplished, but don't like his antics, rules violations (outright cheating, or things like putting 20+ players on the injury report, etc.), or his overall demeanor. We've even mocked him for wearing a hoodie all the time.

So, you bringing up Belichick as proof that there is "some other" reason we don't like Cam is silly at best (any other more accurate word would be seen as an attack or demeaning), since you are talking to a group that pretty universally dislike, or for many hate, Belichick and his stupid hoodie, which is also why your boy McDaniels, son of hoodie, wasn't very well received here (before he proved them right with his inept head coaching/GM skills).

The problem isn't what I'm saying isn't close to your point, the problem, in fact, is your point.

Tned
02-14-2016, 06:38 PM

Also, to address this part. You are a very smart guy, so I know when you do things like this you are simply trying to get a rise out of people like Wayninja or win a discussion, but I'll play along.

The reason Ninja said that is because for the last few weeks we've heard and read nonstop that anyone that dislikes Cam and his celebrations, over exuberance in press conferences, etc. has ulterior motives or simply doesn't get Cam. That he simply loves football, and always has a smile on his face, which is infectious to his teammates and everyone around him. Critics claimed BS and said that in the past, if his team was down he sulked on the side lines (something many on this forum constantly trashed Cutler over), and that what he was doing was not showing his love for football, but instead was simply unsportsmanlike showboating/gloating.

Yet, we all read one media report after another that said if you didn't have a dark, malicious reason, then you must love Cam, his celebrations, his Versace pants, etc.

It's in that context that Ninja said what he did. Belichick has been universally disliked and criticized for his curmudgeony behavior, and nobody is called out for doing so, beyond maybe being called jealous because the Pats have won so much. Ninja and others are saying that if we are going to be force fed by the media or whoever how it's just the pure, unadulterated love for the game that makes it impossible for Cam to do anything less than smile and dance anytime he's on the field or talking about the game, then he, and more importantly those calling out anyone that doesn't love Cam, shouldn't be surprised when he's criticized when he acts like an unprofessional, petulant child. He can't have it both ways.

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 06:47 PM
I think you hear what you want to hear, to be honest. Because he's taken a lot of criticism. If you're not hearing that, or reading that, that's not my problem.

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 06:49 PM
Also, to address this part. You are a very smart guy, so I know when you do things like this you are simply trying to get a rise out of people like Wayninja or win a discussion, but I'll play along.

This was not my intent.

Tned
02-14-2016, 06:52 PM
I think you hear what you want to hear, to be honest. Because he's taken a lot of criticism. If you're not hearing that, or reading that, that's not my problem.

Of course he has. Where did I say he hasn't. He rubs a lot of people the wrong way, especially older fans/players/coaches. No news flash there. My point was that it's beyond silly to use Belichick as proof of "something" whatever you are trying to prove, unless you are going to produce evidence that Belichick is universally loved for, or in spite of, his curmudgeony press conferences.

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 07:12 PM
Of course he has. Where did I say he hasn't. He rubs a lot of people the wrong way, especially older fans/players/coaches. No news flash there. My point was that it's beyond silly to use Belichick as proof of "something" whatever you are trying to prove, unless you are going to produce evidence that Belichick is universally loved for, or in spite of, his curmudgeony press conferences.

A.) I'm trying to understand why this has become the story it has.

B.) I think, genuinely (I am not trying to troll, as you condescendingly insinuated), that many Broncos fans would have enjoyed someone, anyone on the team, acting pissed off after the Super Bowl loss to Seattle.

Tned
02-14-2016, 07:42 PM
A.) I'm trying to understand why this has become the story it has.

B.) I think, genuinely (I am not trying to troll, as you condescendingly insinuated), that many Broncos fans would have enjoyed someone, anyone on the team, acting pissed off after the Super Bowl loss to Seattle.

A. This is better discussed in the politics thread, because from what I can tell it's a false narrative that gained steam that said "if you dislike Cam you are _____" It's a false narrative, because I've seen far more hate thrown towards Rivers, Brady and others than I ever saw thrown towards Cam, with the exception that the more the false narrative was repeated over the weeks before the SB, the more the backlash against Cam grew steam. It was more a backlash against the "if you don't like him you are ____ " then it was against Cam himself.

B. You seem to have trouble separating being upset and angry over the loss and being professional. In the NFL, head coaches and QBs are expected to speak to the press. We have seen plenty of very upset QBs taking losses VERY hard over the years, but they didn't act like petulant children in the process.

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 07:46 PM
A. This is better discussed in the politics thread, because from what I can tell it's a false narrative that gained steam that said "if you dislike Cam you are _____" It's a false narrative, because I've seen far more hate thrown towards Rivers, Brady and others than I ever saw thrown towards Cam, with the exception that the more the false narrative was repeated over the weeks before the SB, the more the backlash against Cam grew steam. It was more a backlash against the "if you don't like him you are ____ " then it was against Cam himself.

I, literally, don't know what your talking about.

Who's narrative are you talking about?

B. You seem to have trouble separating being upset and angry over the loss and being professional. In the NFL, head coaches and QBs are expected to speak to the press. We have seen plenty of very upset QBs taking losses VERY hard over the years, but they didn't act like petulant children in the process.

No. I don't.

Tned
02-14-2016, 07:47 PM
P.S. As to the "why" that's easy, it sells papers, creates website hits and talk radio phone calls. That's the ONLY reason the false narrative gained momentum. There was no great backlash against Cam, other than the supposed emails and other shadow messages slamming Cam. It wasn't happening on talk radio, we weren't seeing it on the forum, it wasn't very visible on Twitter. However, the "journalists" said, if you could only see all the nasty Cam emails I received.... How convenient. The vocal majority and minority aren't even talking about Cam, or at least not trashing him, but there is this secret, silent MAJORITY that only sends anonymous emails/messages to reporters, which makes it clear that Cam is hated and only for one reason.

There is a fraction of the hate thrown at Cam compared to what was thrown at Tebow.

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 07:51 PM
P.S. As to the "why" that's easy, it sells papers, creates website hits and talk radio phone calls. That's the ONLY reason the false narrative gained momentum. There was no great backlash against Cam, other than the supposed emails and other shadow messages slamming Cam. It wasn't happening on talk radio, we weren't seeing it on the forum, it wasn't very visible on Twitter. However, the "journalists" said, if you could only see all the nasty Cam emails I received.... How convenient. The vocal majority and minority aren't even talking about Cam, or at least not trashing him, but there is this secret, silent MAJORITY that only sends anonymous emails/messages to reporters, which makes it clear that Cam is hated and only for one reason.

There is a fraction of the hate thrown at Cam compared to what was thrown at Tebow.

I don't know what you're talking about. Sorry.

Tned
02-14-2016, 07:55 PM
I don't know what you're talking about. Sorry.

Ask the question in the politics forum, because I'm not getting into a discussion about race here, and that's what the claims by reporters/journalists that created this whole firestorm were.

It appears you didn't follow much talk radio or other media during the weeks leading up to the SB, which was probably a good thing.

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 07:58 PM
Ask the question in the politics forum, because I'm not getting into a discussion about race here, and that's what the claims by reporters/journalists that created this whole firestorm were.

It appears you didn't follow much talk radio or other media during the weeks leading up to the SB, which was probably a good thing.

I follow the sports media. Some are defending him, some are blasting him. I don't really care what the 24-hour news channels are saying about it.

Tned
02-14-2016, 08:15 PM
I follow the sports media. Some are defending him, some are blasting him. I don't really care what the 24-hour news channels are saying about it.

Where did 24 hour news channels come into the discussion? Personally I haven't had a news channel on in months. I'm talking about nothing more than the NFL coverage (Sirius NFL Radio, NFL Network, Yahoo Sports, etc., etc., etc.).

Anyway, it's hard to have half a discussion, especially with someone who apparently didn't follow any of the media created stories about fans attacking Cam leading up to the SB. I guess it explains your questioning of Ninja and others. As I said, if you want to have the full discussion, and understand the outlash against the postgame presser, it has to be done in the context of the media created backlash against fans prior to the SB.

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 08:24 PM
Where did 24 hour news channels come into the discussion? Personally I haven't had a news channel on in months. I'm talking about nothing more than the NFL coverage (Sirius NFL Radio, NFL Network, Yahoo Sports, etc., etc., etc.).

Anyway, it's hard to have half a discussion, especially with someone who apparently didn't follow any of the media created stories about fans attacking Cam leading up to the SB. I guess it explains your questioning of Ninja and others. As I said, if you want to have the full discussion, and understand the outlash against the postgame presser, it has to be done in the context of the media created backlash against fans prior to the SB.

I had to assume it was the news networks, because I literally have no idea what you're talking about or who you're talking about. I watched lots of the sports channels and listened to lots of sports radio leading up to the Super Bowl and I heard none of what you're describing. So, I guess, sorry I didn't hear your media boogeyman. :whoknows:

Tned
02-14-2016, 08:39 PM
I had to assume it was the news networks, because I literally have no idea what you're talking about or who you're talking about. I watched lots of the sports channels and listened to lots of sports radio leading up to the Super Bowl and I heard none of what you're describing. So, I guess, sorry I didn't hear your media boogeyman. :whoknows:

Well, if you are that clueless and didn't even know there was a national controversy, why are you participating. Just to throw your normal contrarian snarks at people? Clearly you were under a rock for a few weeks.

Tned
02-14-2016, 08:40 PM
And, since you aren't moving the discussion to the politics thread on this subject, which would make the full topic available, it makes it seem more likely you fully understand and you are just trying to make some bizarre point of some kind.

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 08:44 PM
And, since you aren't moving the discussion to the politics thread on this subject, which would make the full topic available, it makes it seem more likely you fully understand and you are just trying to make some bizarre point of some kind.

I don't know what you're talking about. Sorry. I made my two specific points. You then went off about some media conspiracy to hate fans, or something. I didn't take it to politics because I have no politics to discuss here. If you want to post some examples of what you're talking about in the political section so that I could try to understand, maybe I will engage you there. As of now, I have no reason to.

MOtorboat
02-14-2016, 08:58 PM
P.S. I see that you listened to some shock jock in Baltimore yell at a fan because he was sick of it in the politics forum. I missed that comment on my initial read of that thread. I guess that's what you're speaking about.

Tned
02-14-2016, 09:05 PM
P.S. I see that you listened to some shock jock in Baltimore yell at a fan because he was sick of it in the politics forum. I missed that comment on my initial read of that thread. I guess that's what you're speaking about.

Uhh, no. I'm talking about Jamie Dukes, Pat Kirwan, Shannon Sharpe, Frank Schwab, etc. The list goes on and on. Prior to this last post, I truly thought you were doing one of these things where you pretend to not know something, when you are really just baiting and had decided I wasn't going to take the bait anymore (especially with TWD starting right now), but now I'm beginning to think you really are one of the 3 Americans that were in some way actually isolated from the non stop "why do people hate Cam" "why did Cam have to talk about scaring people" and so on.

Anyway, I'm off to watch TWD. If you truly don't get it, post in the politics thread and I'll see if I can find (should only take a few minutes of googling) multiple articles and tweets to fill you in on what you somehow missed in the SB lead up.

Davii
02-14-2016, 09:37 PM
He validated my opinion of him. Especially by not chasing that fumble. I don't dislike him, but I don't think he's a "team first" player.

wayninja
02-16-2016, 10:16 AM

I never said that, don't put words into my mouth. I said comparing the two was ridiculous. It is. Anything belicheck does does not justify Cam.

Also Belicheck has never acted the way Cam did, and I still maintain that Belicheck is NOT petulant. He's not being immature or childish in his interviews. He genuinely believes that as a strategy giving as little information as humanely possible is best for his team. Which is sorta his job.

Again, the comparison is a weak strawman.

wayninja
02-16-2016, 01:58 PM

Most of us simply don't see Cam's behavior as "pissed off" as much as it was simply disrespectful and pouty. There's a big difference between being upset and expressing that like an adult, and acting like a child who had his lollipop taken away.

I think lots of people would have liked the former, and no one wants the latter. The problem I'm having with your statements is that you seem to be saying "Well, this is what pissed off after a loss looks like, so therefore you must have wanted this". As though Cam's rendition of "pissed off" is what people were looking for after the Seattle loss. It's not, and I think I can safely say that without really even knowing what conversations you are referring to.

artie_dale
02-16-2016, 03:50 PM
Cam, like we fans and the Broncos team, were embarrassed after losing the way he and our Broncos did the Super Bowls. Seems legit and rational to me.

But, here are some other facts...

For the Broncos, that was the extent of it. Disappointed, learn from it, prep for next season(s).

Cam facts:
- Didn't give credit where it was due ("They didn't do nothing special.").
- Confirmed his poor loser attitude.
-- Adamantly expressed that he wasn't going to change that for anyone and for anything.
--- Doesn't this basically mean he rolled out the welcome mat to criticize this about him?

While I definitely believe that anyone can act any way they want so long as they stay within laws, rules, and do not infringe on anyone else freedoms & liberties, Cam Newton's behavior will only lead to people not supporting him anymore.

Parent's aren't going to see him as a role model. Children who DO ACT LIKE HIM will be dealt with by their own parents and coaches.

Nobody can stop Cam from acting the way he believes he should act when he loses. But nobody has to support it either. The ONLY following out there that I can see supporting Cam is the Millennials. The age of entitlement.

Cam made it clear that he's going to be what he's going to be. I for one do not need to support it and will be right there to criticize him because I'm going to be who I want to be and if he wants to flaunt and rub his TDs in everyone else's faces, then I'll be here at the ready to chime in and say "There goes cry baby Cam again." and I will point it out to everyone I care about because I do not want them to be like him and hope they do the same for everyone they care about and so on.

Tned
02-16-2016, 04:42 PM
Read at a restaurant in Atlanta airport abd waiter and travel companion said manning didn't shake Wilson's hand after super bowl loss. I said I doubt that. I quickly found picture of manning shaking Wilson's hand abd they said, wow that's not what we had heard...

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-16-2016, 06:33 PM
I feel as though it would be hypocritical to say I hate Cam's celebrations when I love miller's sack dances.

Ravage!!!
02-16-2016, 06:36 PM
Read at a restaurant in Atlanta airport abd waiter and travel companion said manning didn't shake Wilson's hand after super bowl loss. I said I doubt that. I quickly found picture of manning shaking Wilson's hand abd they said, wow that's not what we had heard...

seems its just a popular thing, right now, to take a swipe at Manning as he exits.

Tned
02-16-2016, 06:43 PM
seems its just a popular thing, right now, to take a swipe at Manning as he exits.
Yep, I enjoyed being able to quickly find retort to manning not shaking Wilson's hand after super bowl loss

Ravage!!!
02-16-2016, 06:54 PM
I feel as though it would be hypocritical to say I hate Cam's celebrations when I love miller's sack dances.

If you didn't like Von, you wouldn't like his sack dances. If you didn't feel like he was a leader, and a pouter when things were going badly, then you would absolutely criticize him for celebrating. Hell, we see it all the time... team is losing by 30points and some guy does a sack dance. That dance certainly gets criticism.

So its a couple things. One, people didn't alreadly like Cam. So when he puts a towel on his head while pouting on the bench, commenting to the media that he doesn't know how to handle it because he's "never been boo'd before....then wants to turn around and proclaim himself Superman in the endzone....it strikes people as being pretty "I'm laughing when we are up by 30 points, but pouting when they aren't." Like a child.

Which brings point #2. The position he plays.

If he played WR, then his pouty mood swings and loud actions would be scoffed off as being no different than anyone else. But we look at the QB position as being different. We WANT it to be different. Teams need it to be different. That team was NOT following him at the end of that Super Bowl. I would imagine that he was showing his 'pouty' personna in the huddle with tone and body language. That same kind of emotional reaction that brings you Superman, also brings you Mopey Gus.