PDA

View Full Version : NFL conducting Petyon Manning HGH investigation

Cugel
01-26-2016, 07:57 PM
Frankly, I can't imagine a worse distraction just before the SB. I have no idea what the FRIGGIN' NFL is doing. IF they really feel the need to investigate Peyton (and I don't know how they could conclude anything in this situation), why couldn't they do it after the SB? Is this really what those imbeciles wanted to have be the lead story of SB week? Did they think this kind of news wouldn't leak? IDIOTS!

NFL conducting Petyon Manning HGH investigation independent of USADA, MLB
(http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/1/26/10836084/peyton-manning-hgh-nfl-investigation-timeline)
The NFL declined an invitation to join an investigation into Al Jazeera's report.

The NFL is conducting an independent review of the Al Jazeera report that Peyton Manning had human growth hormone delivered to him under his wife's name in 2011, according to The Associated Press. The league will not join forces with Major League Baseball and the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency to investigate allegations -- since recanted by a primary source in the report -- of athletes taking performance enhancing drugs. MLB and USADA invited the league to join their investigation.

The NFL had little to say: "Our review of the matter continues. We do not comment on specifics of ongoing reviews."

There is no reported timetable for the investigation, but it likely will not be completed ahead of Super Bowl 50, which will feature Manning and the Denver Broncos.

Al Jazeera reported in late December accusations from a former intern at an Indianapolis anti-aging clinic that Manning's wife received deliveries of human growth hormone in 2011 while Manning was recovering from neck surgery. The documentary did not focus solely on Manning, naming baseball stars Ryan Howard and Ryan Zimmerman as well as several other NFL players.

Manning has vehemently denied any truth to these claims. Howard and Zimmerman are filing a lawsuit for defamation against Al Jazeera, and Manning has said he may do the same after the season.

Sample Question: "Peyton, what is Ashley's 40 time after she took the HGH?"

LawDog
01-26-2016, 08:03 PM
Meh, nothing here and despite the fact that I think Goodell couldn't find his ass with both hands and a flashlight, I don't think this originated by the league. A AP story from Denver with no byline has a quote from a league spokesman that a review has been underway for a while and will continue with no timetable for completion. AP then conflates that into an "investigation" and then SBNation runs with it like it is some new development. Story has no legs without some new information, which there is none, and will die within minutes.

Cugel
01-26-2016, 08:07 PM
Meh, nothing here and despite the fact that I think Goodell couldn't find his ass with both hands and a flashlight, I don't think this originated by the league. A AP story from Denver with no byline has a quote from a league spokesman that a review has been underway for a while and will continue with no timetable for completion. AP then conflates that into an "investigation" and then SBNation runs with it like it is some new development. Story has no legs without some new information, which there is none, and will die within minutes.

This was one of the breaking stories on 104.3 The Fan.

The issue is NOT whether Peyton was using HGH. The issue is that this is going to be a HUGE story in the national media this week.

Peyton will face questions about this every day in the media. So, it's a distraction. Not arguing that it's true or not true.

BroncoWave
01-26-2016, 08:11 PM

The issue is NOT whether Peyton was using HGH. The issue is that this is going to be a HUGE story in the national media this week.

Peyton will face questions about this every day in the media. So, it's a distraction. Not arguing that it's true or not true.

Eh, I think it will be a non-story. Even when it broke the first time everyone in the media stopped talking about it after like a day. It's not going to be a bigger story now. The media actually likes Manning, so I don't seem them pressing the issue.

LawDog
01-26-2016, 08:17 PM

I suspect whoever handles the news for 104.3 just saw the AP piece on the wire and reported it hoping to stay on top of a potential story. But there is nothing behind it so it will go away. I will be very surprised if anyone asks Peyton about it, certainly no outlet that regularly covers sports or the Broncos. Maybe some two-bit reporter from the pigknuckle tribune will, but will then be subjected to a withering glare and will have their credentials yanked.

aberdien
01-26-2016, 08:19 PM
Don't even care.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-26-2016, 08:23 PM
I pity the reporter that has the gonads to grill Manning about this during media week.

Hawgdriver
01-26-2016, 09:47 PM
Don't even care.

Wish this thread would kill itself.

DenBronx
01-26-2016, 10:03 PM
Manning will be retired with his 2nd ring by the time the NFL even makes a move on this.

GEM
01-26-2016, 10:51 PM
He just needs to blow it off and concentrate on the game, which I don't think he'll have a problem doing. I don't think he'll entertain any questions. Once they can't get reaction, it'll die down pretty quick.

mouthofsouth
01-26-2016, 10:54 PM
Manning and Broncos haters doing this, not NFL. All they did was repeat the fact that the NFL said they would investigate, which they said when it first happened. What is going on? People with the mentality of Skip Clueless, mad that the Patriots and Brady were beat. They want to throw cold water on the upcoming Super Bowl and get in Manning's head. Now, all the NFL needs to do to put a damper on it is make an announcement that they fully support Manning, that they have found no wrong doing and that he is a model citizen and a credit to the NFL and the football world. They would only be stating what they all believe and know anyway.

Joel
01-27-2016, 12:34 AM
Manning and Broncos haters doing this, not NFL. All they did was repeat the fact that the NFL said they would investigate, which they said when it first happened. What is going on? People with the mentality of Skip Clueless, mad that the Patriots and Brady were beat. They want to throw cold water on the upcoming Super Bowl and get in Manning's head. Now, all the NFL needs to do to put a damper on it is make an announcement that they fully support Manning, that they have found no wrong doing and that he is a model citizen and a credit to the NFL and the football world. They would only be stating what they all believe and know anyway.
It would be highly inappropriate for any league official to make any favorable or unfavorable comment about Manning in connection with its investigation. Even if that weren't so, the NFL's already widely (and rightly) perceived as a good ol' boy network, so publicly defending a decorated member of its own nobility from its own investigation would reek of corrupt favoritism and unaccountability. Then again, Goodell's himself "clueless" about such things, so who knows?

NightTerror218
01-27-2016, 01:05 AM
Have not seen anything on NFL.com or Twitter. Is this legit?

Bronco4ever
01-27-2016, 01:17 AM
Honestly, I don't think this will be a big distraction to the Super Bowl prep. These allegations seem bunk and the league is just doing its due diligence. If anything, I hope it adds some fuel to Manning's fire on what could be his last game ever.

Joel
01-27-2016, 01:35 AM
Have not seen anything on NFL.com or Twitter. Is this legit?
The link in the OP cites the AP, and I first saw it when someone on FB linked to an NBC story on it; looks legit (to the extent anything connected with the allegations is.) The main stream media's main stream for a reason: However fully, fairly or honestly one believes they report it, they usually know what's going on; it's their job.

mouthofsouth
01-27-2016, 03:08 AM
I still contend this article had NOTHING new in it. Read it again. It did not say WHEN the NFL decided to investigate. Actually they said they would when it happened. The article is a sham, created by someone who wants to undermine the Broncos' Super Bowl chances, for whatever reason. And it would NOT be wrong for the NFL to come out and say that they have made no announcement in the past few days about investigating Manning, but that it was a routine decision to investigate when the allegation first aired. Their motivation for doing this would be to clear the air of any scandal surrounding the Super Bowl. I do not agree they would be showing favoritism to Manning in doing this. But what if they did? He has never done anything but represent the NFL in the best way possible, and they owe him their support against evil doers.

MOtorboat
01-27-2016, 03:22 AM
I still contend this article had NOTHING new in it. Read it again. It did not say WHEN the NFL decided to investigate. Actually they said they would when it happened. The article is a sham, created by someone who wants to undermine the Broncos' Super Bowl chances, for whatever reason. And it would NOT be wrong for the NFL to come out and say that they have made no announcement in the past few days about investigating Manning, but that it was a routine decision to investigate when the allegation first aired. Their motivation for doing this would be to clear the air of any scandal surrounding the Super Bowl. I do not agree they would be showing favoritism to Manning in doing this. But what if they did? He has never done anything but represent the NFL in the best way possible, and they owe him their support against evil doers.

It's not a sham. And they have been investigating since it was first reported.

And they don't owe Manning for "evil doers." They owe it to the league as a whole to investigate it fully and find the truth.

Joel
01-27-2016, 04:16 AM
Announcing no announcement's one thing, but the League Office responding to the AP story by announcing it "fully support[s] Manning... and that he is a model citizen and a credit to the NFL and the football world" would be HIGHLY inappropriate and prejudicial. If Goodell had told the press something like that about Deflategate a year ago, would ANYONE—even in Boston—have taken the NFLs INTERNAL investigation seriously? COULD anyone have taken the League ITSELF seriously?

I think the story's bunk, too, just one of the last gasps of the APs lingering demise at the hands of TV and the internet, and a typical product of the Media Fortnight the SB bye has become. Manning's the opposite of a moron, and knew as well as anyone his injury, rehab and free agency were THE NFL story of both 2011 (with apologies to Teebs) and 2012: It's not like he was some third string TE who could get away with doping because no one was watching.

Add to that, records prove the "source" left the rehab clinic BEFORE Manning began treatment there, so that "sources" claim to have set up he and Manning set up secret HGH trafficking during his clinic duties helping Manning rehab is self-evidently false on its face: Unless the clinic ALSO paid him to work off the books (while he held ANOTHER full time job in ANOTHER STATE) it's not even POSSIBLE his story was true. Then he recants, so....

Yet NONE of that would justify the NFL improperly and publicly announcing (in essence) that its investigation has a predetermined bias in Mannings favor. Overtly biased investigations can raise doubts about even the most open and shut case involving, even those involving the most legendary NFL players (ask OJs jury.) Thoroughly and OBJECTIVELY investigate, without fear or favor, and let the chips and facts fall where they may.

MOtorboat
01-27-2016, 04:18 AM
AP's demise. Lol.

Joel
01-27-2016, 04:54 AM
AP's demise. Lol.
Yeah, OK, that's probably going too far; the AP's more than just print. It's venerable wire service could even arguably be called the precursor of online news.

MOtorboat
01-27-2016, 05:06 AM
Yeah, OK, that's probably going too far; the AP's more than just print. It's venerable wire service could even arguably be called the precursor of online news.

Well, considering the largest sports website, ESPN, uses AP for the large majority of their gamers, outside of a few covered by staffers, I'd say there's no real danger of the AP going anywhere anytime soon.

Poet
01-27-2016, 05:54 AM
If the other god-tier QB of this era is also a cheater I'll be deeply saddened. If anything this just provides extra motivation for PFM.

Joel
01-27-2016, 05:56 AM
What use or even need does ESPN have of the AP? Back in 1930 William Randolph Hearst didn't have the money or men to send beat reporters EVERYWHERE, and even if they could they'd still have to wait for the guy to reach the nearest town and pay to telegram or phone in his story, so a reporters association made sense. But now ESPN can have a camera crew at every grade school kickball game, and sent it direct by satellite to the studio for national broadcast.

Genuinely and sincerely curious: What can the AP add to that equation?

TXBRONC
01-27-2016, 08:31 AM
Frankly, I can't imagine a worse distraction just before the SB. I have no idea what the FRIGGIN' NFL is doing. IF they really feel the need to investigate Peyton (and I don't know how they could conclude anything in this situation), why couldn't they do it after the SB? Is this really what those imbeciles wanted to have be the lead story of SB week? Did they think this kind of news wouldn't leak? IDIOTS!

Sample Question: "Peyton, what is Ashley's 40 time after she took the HGH?"

I doubt it's a distraction to Manning.

weazel
01-27-2016, 11:00 AM
If Goodell ran any other league he would have been fired a long time ago. The NFL is the only league that could be this mishandled and still be going strong.

Cugel
01-27-2016, 11:24 AM

I have heard some incredibly hurt fee-fees from Patriots fans around the country arguing that if the HGH story had surfaced about Tom Brady the media would be in a fire-storm of never ending attacks but because it's Peyton Manning they are covering it up - "hypocrisy!" because everybody hates the Patriots (not because they keep cheating and getting caught but) because they keep winning. :rolleyes:

I suppose there could be some media that reflects that sentiment.

Cugel
01-27-2016, 11:29 AM
What use or even need does ESPN have of the AP? Back in 1930 William Randolph Hearst didn't have the money or men to send beat reporters EVERYWHERE, and even if they could they'd still have to wait for the guy to reach the nearest town and pay to telegram or phone in his story, so a reporters association made sense. But now ESPN can have a camera crew at every grade school kickball game, and sent it direct by satellite to the studio for national broadcast.

You are underestimating how lazy a lot of sports reporters are and how few news organizations do any actual investigative reporting.

I remember reading Hunter Thompson's The Great Shark Hunt and he describes going into the mens room in the press suite during SB week, and seeing a pile of newspapers 3" deep on the floor - every one of them missing the sports section. All the reporters would grab the sports section, troll it for leads for their stories, and then often send in nearly identical copy under their own bylines.

Especially the AP. You'd think it would be obsolete by now.

Joel
01-27-2016, 12:24 PM
If Goodell ran any other league, he would have been fired a long time ago. The NFL is the only league that could be this mishandled and still be going strong.
^^1000X THIS^^^ The owners pay this guy >$10 million/yr for to make them look good so their cash cow doesn't dry up, but all he does is spook it. The NFL's still on top for the same reason the US was after the '60s assassinations, Vietnam and Watergate, but even the most momentum on Earth can be killed with enough of the wrong kind of effort. The NFL needs protection from its protector, for whom "protect the shield" and "player safety" are more copout than policy.

MOtorboat
01-27-2016, 12:56 PM

AP has a reporter at every pro game, match or event from global soccer to the NBA to golf and tennis, every college football game, every Division I men's college basketball game and most Division I women's basketball games. No other organization does that. Like I said, ESPN uses those on its website, so when you click on "game recap" that's what you see, as does most internet websites.

MOtorboat
01-27-2016, 12:57 PM
You are underestimating how lazy a lot of sports reporters are and how few news organizations do any actual investigative reporting.

I remember reading Hunter Thompson's The Great Shark Hunt and he describes going into the mens room in the press suite during SB week, and seeing a pile of newspapers 3" deep on the floor - every one of them missing the sports section. All the reporters would grab the sports section, troll it for leads for their stories, and then often send in nearly identical copy under their own bylines.

You're clueless.

Joel
01-27-2016, 12:59 PM

No, I think I'm accurately estimating how many are hungry for THE story to gain Hunter S. Thompson like fame and fortune by exploiting. Even his heyday was different than now; major US broadcast networks didn't even have staff a qualified commentator for all Olympic finals. All they could do was trot out the ONE guy on staff with experience (eight years earlier) when an Olympic final happened to feature the ultimate Cold War showdown: Thus America met Al Michaels.

BroncoJoe
01-27-2016, 01:00 PM
You're clueless.

It's amazing how stupid some people can be, while pretending to be really smart.

NightTerror218
01-27-2016, 01:31 PM
This could be the final nail in coffin to make Peyton retire after SB

underrated29
01-27-2016, 01:43 PM

This is fantastic. Not a distraction. Remember how pissed peyton was when the news first broke? He was throwing Lasers in practice. Get him all pissed off right before the SB when he wants to go out on top and retire a 2x SB champ.....We couldnt have asked for anything better. I hope they ask about his wife a bunch. Kids too.....

We need a pissed off peyton firing missiles out there to beat the panthers.

tomjonesrocks
01-27-2016, 07:16 PM
I still haven't heard more about this. It must not be a big story.

NightTerror218
01-27-2016, 07:53 PM
Just curious if they will keep investigating if he retires.

wayninja
01-27-2016, 11:01 PM
Just curious if they will keep investigating if he retires.

Absolutely they will.

NightTerror218
01-28-2016, 12:12 AM
Absolutely they will.

What's the point then?

wayninja
01-28-2016, 12:15 AM
What's the point then?

The truth is the point.

Hawgdriver
01-28-2016, 02:35 AM
Just curious, does HGH have any application in the enhancement department? Not for me of course.

weazel
02-02-2016, 02:14 PM
yes

Hawgdriver
02-02-2016, 02:21 PM
So it functions as a Human Girth Hormone? I mean I'm already rhino circumference but for the sake of some of my less blessed friends.

weazel
02-02-2016, 02:25 PM
I was joking, I dont think it does.

Ravage!!!
02-02-2016, 02:29 PM
Just curious, does HGH have any application in the enhancement department? Not for me of course.

No... it doesn't. People ahve just gotten into the habit of calling everything "performance enhancing." It may help you heal better, and HGH could very well be very good for the body. But it's not like steroids that is so well known to develop muscle size and strength. At the same time, I don't think steroids really help your performance, as the drug doesn't make you throw/catch/hit better. But HGH is not really known to be a "performance enhancng" drug. But any drug, now days, has that stigma.

weazel
02-02-2016, 02:39 PM
No... it doesn't. People ahve just gotten into the habit of calling everything "performance enhancing." It may help you heal better, and HGH could very well be very good for the body. But it's not like steroids that is so well known to develop muscle size and strength. At the same time, I don't think steroids really help your performance, as the drug doesn't make you throw/catch/hit better. But HGH is not really known to be a "performance enhancng" drug. But any drug, now days, has that stigma.

that is incorrect. It enhances muscle mass, which is a performance enhancer. In fact, one of its main uses is for HIV patients to curb muscle wasting.

BTW, I think you missed Hawg's joke

Hawgdriver
02-02-2016, 02:43 PM
crap. looks like I have to keep sketching with pencils instead of making graffiti with sharpies.

Ravage!!!
02-02-2016, 02:51 PM
that is incorrect. It enhances muscle mass, which is a performance enhancer. In fact, one of its main uses is for HIV patients to curb muscle wasting.

BTW, I think you missed Hawg's joke

HGH? they were having a BIG discussion on this all day today on CBS sports radio. They've been calling experts in and talking about the "performance enhancing" benefits of HGH, and there hasn't proved to be any. The MAIN thing HGH does is heal.

But lets just accept that it creates muscle mass. Does that make me throw better? Does it make me catch better? Would it make me cover a receiver better, or read the play better? Would it make me tackle better?

In baseball, can it give me better hand-eye coordination for hitting? can it help me throw a curve ball? does it make me throw the ball straighter from the outfield?

The discussion seems to be that people are so spooked by the words "performance enhancing"..that we seem to neglect the fact that HGH might very well be something good for us, especially for players in a sport like football, and ESPECIALLY if it were regulated/monitored by a doctor.

**oh.. I did miss Hawg's joke.

wayninja
02-02-2016, 03:27 PM
I've been using HGH most of my life. It was especially important during puberty.

Yashahla17
02-03-2016, 08:17 AM
I dont think its a distraction at all. Things like this are usually blew up by the media and fans. Players don't care, this is the biggest game of the year and that's all that matters. Manning will be retired when the investigation is complete regardless the outcome. I hope he takes some hgh pre game so his throws can be a little harder.

weazel
02-03-2016, 02:52 PM
HGH? they were having a BIG discussion on this all day today on CBS sports radio. They've been calling experts in and talking about the "performance enhancing" benefits of HGH, and there hasn't proved to be any. The MAIN thing HGH does is heal.

But lets just accept that it creates muscle mass. Does that make me throw better? Does it make me catch better? Would it make me cover a receiver better, or read the play better? Would it make me tackle better?

In baseball, can it give me better hand-eye coordination for hitting? can it help me throw a curve ball? does it make me throw the ball straighter from the outfield?

The discussion seems to be that people are so spooked by the words "performance enhancing"..that we seem to neglect the fact that HGH might very well be something good for us, especially for players in a sport like football, and ESPECIALLY if it were regulated/monitored by a doctor.

**oh.. I did miss Hawg's joke.

neither do steroids... the fact that is builds muscle mass makes it a performance enhancer... there is nothing foggy there, it's pretty clear.

BTW, I never said I was for or against anything, i simply stated it was incorrect to say it was not a performance enhancer.

Hawgdriver
02-03-2016, 08:52 PM
Can we return the conversation to my human growth needs please? :focus:

weazel
02-04-2016, 10:54 AM
Can we return the conversation to my human growth needs please? :focus:

well to be fair that isn't the topic of the thread either. Lets get it back on topic about pinkhead injecting hgh into his mind

Ravage!!!
02-04-2016, 10:57 AM
neither do steroids... the fact that is builds muscle mass makes it a performance enhancer... there is nothing foggy there, it's pretty clear.

BTW, I never said I was for or against anything, i simply stated it was incorrect to say it was not a performance enhancer.

THat's your opinion. It seems to be a pretty large discussion on whether or not it really is a performance enhancer as its not the same as steroids at all. So, it appears that it's not as clear as you make it to be.

weazel
02-04-2016, 11:00 AM
THat's your opinion. It seems to be a pretty large discussion on whether or not it really is a performance enhancer as its not the same as steroids at all. So, it appears that it's not as clear as you make it to be.

Fact: it produces muscle mass. That is not an opinon. Whether you think that is performance enhancing or not is just semantics

wayninja
02-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Fact: it produces muscle mass. That is not an opinon. Whether you think that is performance enhancing or not is just semantics

Just to nitpick, that would technically be an opinion, not semantics. No one is questioning what the meaning of the words actually are, just whether or not they fit the meaning or whether or not your statement of fact is indeed a fact.

weazel
02-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Just to nitpick, that would technically be an opinion, not semantics. No one is questioning what the meaning of the words actually are, just whether or not they fit the meaning or whether or not your statement of fact is indeed a fact.

I thought he was arguing what "performance enhancing" meant.

Ravage!!!
02-04-2016, 07:26 PM
I thought he was arguing what "performance enhancing" meant.

That's ninja's point. Just because YOU say that muscle mass increase is, indeed, 'performance enahancing'...doesn't make that a fact. That's an opinion, not semantics.

Poet
02-04-2016, 07:47 PM
A lot of guys took steroids (not the same I know as HGH), their numbers went up, they went off them and their numbers went down. Barry Bonds was already a baseball god, he roided up and then he turned into a home run machine. Sosa's worth as a player sky-rocketed after he took steroids.

I would like to see a more convincing argument from the camp who doesn't believe performance enhancers live up to their namesake.

Hawgdriver
02-04-2016, 08:36 PM
If HGH is regenerative I'm not bothered if it's used to increase longevity. If it's truly a performance booster--if it helps a player to generate stats that wouldn't otherwise be attainable by that player in the normal course of their career--then it's not ok. For me, it's an increase vs. restore issue and I don't have a problem with restore.

pulse
02-05-2016, 12:51 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/inside-peyton-mannings-secret-investigation-into-al-jazeera-documentary/2016/02/04/d0da2f04-cb05-11e5-a7b2-5a2f824b02c9_story.html

Joel
02-05-2016, 03:01 AM
If HGH is regenerative I'm not bothered if it's used to increase longevity. If it's truly a performance booster--if it helps a player to generate stats that wouldn't otherwise be attainable by that player in the normal course of their career--then it's not ok. For me, it's an increase vs. restore issue and I don't have a problem with restore.
Boosting longevity doesn't enhance stats and overall performance? Tell that to the Canton voters who won't elect Terrell Davis. Or the folks who think Darrell Green and Jerry Rice are gods because they were All Pros for 20 years. Aging players take 'roids to extend careers, too; still unfair competitive advantage, still cheating.

I bet all the clean UDFAs who lose roster spots to young and old PED users agree. There's what, ~10,000 college players in Division I-A alone? And 224 get drafted each year? If you were one of the MILLIONS of adolescent kids just hoping to be good enough for an education you otherwise couldn't afford, let alone make the pros or become an All Pro earning tens of millions, how would you respond to widespread doping?THAT'S why we MUST have a Zero Tolerance policy:

Not for the games sake, but because the lives of MILLIONS of kids are too precious to encourage them destroying their bodies before they even finish puberty. Investigate, win or lose, retirement or not, and let the chips fall where they may. Todays NFL sweeps far too much shady crap under the rug already.

Ravage!!!
02-05-2016, 11:01 AM
I think HGH should be legalized and the players should be allowed to use it.... based on the information we have on it RIGHT NOW. OBviously, the people would like to know the effects it has on players 10 years from now before making a decision like that, and I get it. But, something that could help playesr heal up naturally, especially with a doctors supervision, sounds like something perfect for NFL players.

weazel
02-05-2016, 11:18 AM
That's ninja's point. Just because YOU say that muscle mass increase is, indeed, 'performance enahancing'...doesn't make that a fact. That's an opinion, not semantics.

I would have to think increased muscle mass would help enhance performance in a game of football. I mean, if not, why are they spending so much time in the gym trying to get bigger muscles. But if you don't think football players need muscle mass, who am I to argue, maybe the kickers should be linebackers as well...

Ravage!!!
02-05-2016, 11:20 AM
I guess it would depend on the sport, but I would have to think increased muscle mass would help enhance performance in a game of football. I mean, if not, why are they spending so much time in the gym trying to get bigger muscles. But if you don't think football players need muscle mass, who am I to argue. Maybe the kickers should be linebackers as well...

Again...having muscle mass doesn't necessarily make you perform better. It COULD, but having muscle mass doesn't make you play better. Might help for a few of the positions, but even at those positions you need your skill over mass.

I think the healing qualities of HGH is the 'enhancer' that makes HGH the drug of choice.

weazel
02-05-2016, 11:30 AM
Again...having muscle mass doesn't necessarily make you perform better. It COULD, but having muscle mass doesn't make you play better. Might help for a few of the positions, but even at those positions you need your skill over mass.

I think the healing qualities of HGH is the 'enhancer' that makes HGH the drug of choice.

as I said, the NFL should just use soccer players, I mean, if muscle mass doesn't matter. I know you're trying to make your argument, but you are trying too hard and ignoring the obvious. Either way, meh.... we agree to disagree

Northman
02-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Bravo and Kudos to Manning for investigating the source of the HGH report. I would take it to them as well if i felt they were trying to smear my name and legacy.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/mannings-legal-team-looked-into-al-jazeera-hgh-report

Private investigators working for Peyton Manning visited the source of a report that he and other star athletes had obtained performance-enhancing drugs before the documentary aired late last year, according to a report from The Washington Post on Thursday.

In December, Al Jazeera reported that an intern at an Indianapolis anti-aging clinic was secretly recorded suggesting that Manning's wife received deliveries of human growth hormone in 2011. Manning, then with the Colts, was rehabbing from neck surgeries.

The intern, Charles Sly, recanted his statements, which were recorded without his knowledge. He said they were fabricated in an attempt to impress a potential business partner. Manning angrily denounced the report, calling it "completely fabricated, complete trash, garbage," (http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/peyton-manning-strongly-denies-report-he-used-human-growth-hormone-in-2011)and insisting he never took shortcuts in his return to football after missing 2011 with neck problems.

Manning and the Broncos are preparing for Super Bowl 50 against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.

Yashahla17
02-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Hoping mannings wife slides him a couple of her pills before the superbowl.

Hawgdriver
02-06-2016, 02:59 PM
because the lives of MILLIONS of kids are too precious to encourage them destroying their bodies before they even finish puberty.

Thanks for the lecture Joel. I'm a changed man now. It was really word # 823 that drove it home.

Ravage!!!
02-06-2016, 03:25 PM
as I said, the NFL should just use soccer players, I mean, if muscle mass doesn't matter. I know you're trying to make your argument, but you are trying too hard and ignoring the obvious. Either way, meh.... we agree to disagree

You are just trying to make it so black-n-white that you can't be argued with.

It's not just me making the points for HGH, as I said. It's been a pretty hot discussion on the sports radio talk as its COMPLETELY different than steroids...which IS for muscle mass. If it were as simple as you are making it out to be, there wouldn't be the discussions.

so yeah... we disagree.

Ravage!!!
02-06-2016, 03:26 PM

Thinking of pills.... when are you going to take yours? Be sure to chase it with some bourbon.

wayninja
02-06-2016, 04:43 PM

How doe xanax help?

Yashahla17
02-06-2016, 05:22 PM
She recieved tons of shipments of HGH. If she'd just give him a couple too juice up his arm and legs for just one game we'd win big.

Joel
02-06-2016, 06:06 PM
She recieved tons of shipments of HGH.
Seems like the USPS or a private shipping company would have some record of that. Maybe they were just marked "rattley toys for the kids, Love, Mom and Pfizer."

Yashahla17
02-06-2016, 06:33 PM
Manning clearly said his wife getting what she got is her business, she recieved hgh.

Joel
02-06-2016, 06:37 PM
Manning clearly said his wife getting what she got is her business, she recieved hgh.
You skipped a (half dozen) step(s.)

VonDoom
07-25-2016, 09:57 AM
Hey, remember this story?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

After a seven-month investigation, NFL has determined that Peyton Manning did not use HGH nor any other PED, sources told ESPN.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago

Peyton Manning cleared after investigation; both Mannings cooperated fully; investigation into other players named continues, per sources.

DenBronx
07-25-2016, 10:04 AM
This deserved a new thread.

VonDoom
07-25-2016, 10:19 AM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 9m9 minutes ago

Since Peyton is retired, this news doesn't affect anything short-term. But it matters to his legacy, and if he wants to work in NFL later.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 10m10 minutes ago

The NFL was not the least bit subtle in their clear mention that the Mannings cooperated opposed to let's say Tom Brady.

MOtorboat
07-25-2016, 10:24 AM

Since Peyton is retired, this news doesn't affect anything short-term. But it matters to his legacy, and if he wants to work in NFL later.

The NFL was not the least bit subtle in their clear mention that the Mannings cooperated opposed to let's say Tom Brady.

Lulz.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2016, 10:27 AM
The NFL has determined that Peyton Manning did not use human growth hormone or any other performance-enhancing drug banned under the league's policy.

The league announced its decision in a statement released Monday, saying it "found no credible evidence" of allegations in an Al-Jazeera America report that Manning's wife received deliveries of HGH in 2011.

Before making its final determination, the NFL interviewed Manning and his wife Ashley, who were "fully cooperative with the investigation," according to the league.

The NFL also received medical records pertinent to the case and, after reviewing them and the interviews, determined there wasn't any evidence that any violation had occurred.

rest - by Adam Schefter - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17139406/nfl-concludes-peyton-manning-use-hgh-other-peds

Poet
07-25-2016, 10:49 AM
Long live PFM!

Nomad
07-25-2016, 11:28 AM

Legacy? I had forgotten all about this nonsense of the HGH accusation.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2016, 03:28 PM
Vic J Lombardi XXI ‏@VicLombardi 5h

Vic J Lombardi XXI Retweeted Adam Schefter

Manning cooperated. Brady destroyed his phone. That's why he's sitting 4 games.

GEM
07-25-2016, 03:30 PM
Patriot Nation is screaming cheat at this moment. :laugh:

TXBRONC
07-25-2016, 07:51 PM
rest - by Adam Schefter - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17139406/nfl-concludes-peyton-manning-use-hgh-other-peds

Patsy fans are not taking this very well. Sad, very sad.

Simple Jaded
07-25-2016, 08:06 PM
Yash is trash.

Poet
07-25-2016, 08:09 PM
Yash is trash.

Y'all love my style!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2016, 02:39 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 40m

If #NFL investigation determined they needed to interview, fine. But to answer bc of accusations in report? Not fair

Troy Renck Retweeted Sports Illustrated

Sports Illustrated Verified account
‏@SInow

NFL clears Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers and James Harrison after Al Jazeera PED report http://on.si.com/2c96hot

I wonder if any, and or all, including Peyton, are considering a law suit?

wayninja
08-31-2016, 05:06 PM
I wonder if any, and or all, including Peyton, are considering a law suit?

Hulk Hogan that bitch.

Joel
09-02-2016, 03:23 AM
Patriot Nation is screaming cheat at this moment. :laugh:
Don't they scream that 16 weeks/year? Whatever happened to that "Brady Is Better" chant? Oh, right: 2-3 career playoff record against Manning happened to it.

7DnBrnc53
09-02-2016, 07:44 AM
Don't they scream that 16 weeks/year? Whatever happened to that "Brady Is Better" chant? Oh, right: 2-3 career playoff record against Manning happened to it.

Brady fans are irrational. One of them on You Tube told me that Brady was the only reason that the early-00's Pats won the SB's, not the turnovers the defense forced. He also said that Terrell Davis's contributions were irrelevant to Denver's 90's SB wins.

Simple Jaded
09-02-2016, 11:30 PM
Rob Ninkovich popped for PED's, Cheat fans gotta be livid.

VonDoom
09-03-2016, 07:01 AM
Rob Ninkovich popped for PED's, Cheat fans gotta be livid.

Wasn't he already hurt? He's going to be suspended for games he was already going to miss, right?

Simple Jaded
09-03-2016, 10:13 AM
Wasn't he already hurt? He's going to be suspended for games he was already going to miss, right?

That I don't know, I cant say I read much about his suspension either, other than headlines. I just enjoy the fact that they're popped for cheating and resent Manning getting nothing but swift exoneration.

Joel
09-03-2016, 10:28 PM
I thought suspensions only took effect once a player's able to play? In which case this could be career-ending for Ninkovich; given what a huge thorn he's been in our sides nearly every time we've played him, it'd be hard to feel bad about that.

VonDoom
09-03-2016, 10:40 PM
I thought suspensions only took effect once a player's able to play? In which case this could be career-ending for Ninkovich; given what a huge thorn he's been in our sides nearly every time we've played him, it'd be hard to feel bad about that.

I honestly don't know, which is why I mentioned it. I thought I saw Rapoport or someone say on Twitter how this would only affect his wallet and reputation, since he was hurt anyway but I can't remember exactly or know if it was accurate

Joel
09-03-2016, 11:07 PM
I honestly don't know, which is why I mentioned it. I thought I saw Rapoport or someone say on Twitter how this would only affect his wallet and reputation, since he was hurt anyway but I can't remember exactly or know if it was accurate
Could be that all roads lead to Rome: When a successful player >30 starts juicing, it's usually to "buy an extended warranty" against physical decline and/or speed recovery from increasingly common injuries (such as Ninkovichs current one.)

Look at DJ Williams: A highly drafted starter with the emphasis on "star" in both 4-3 and 3-4 Broncos Ds for nearly a decade, once age caught up with him he was caught juicing to beat the clock and reduced to an offseason casualty at seasons end. The Bears picked him up for a single season only to see him rupture a pec; he re-signed with them for one more year, but then was out of football altogether at age 33: The same age Ninkovich will be by this seasons SB.