PDA

View Full Version : Broncos would have gotten their butts kicked in New England

Tned
01-25-2016, 10:39 PM
Well, at least that's what Florio says.

Sunday’s game between the Broncos and Patriots demonstrated the importance of earning home-field advantage. Few doubt that, if the game had been played at Gillette Stadium, the Patriots easily would have won.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/25/broncos-win-underscores-importance-of-no-1-seed/

Discuss.

BroncoWave
01-25-2016, 10:41 PM
Probably so. One of the big advantages we had was that Miller and Ware were able to time the snap because it was too loud for Brady to use a hard count. Some of the Pats (notably Gronk) were starting to get gassed in that altitude as well. It was also like 20 degrees in NE, which is not good for Peyton.

I think they win handily if the game is in NE. Getting that 1 seed was HUGE for us.

tomjonesrocks
01-25-2016, 10:41 PM
"Easily".

VonDoom
01-25-2016, 10:47 PM
"Easily".

That's the key word here. The disrespect continues, even after the win. Hope the team keeps hearing that for a couple of weeks

Shazam!
01-25-2016, 10:49 PM
I hope I get to hear them called the worst Super Bowl champion of all time.

BroncoWave
01-25-2016, 10:49 PM
Pats probably win by 7-10 points in NE. "Easily" might be overstating it, but it DEFINITELY helped being at home. That crowd helped will us to victory. There is no shame or disrespect to Denver in saying that though. With two such evenly matched teams as these, the home team is typically going to have the advantage. Pretty sure the home team has won every Broncos-Pats matchup since we've gotten Manning.

chazoe60
01-25-2016, 11:03 PM
Well I guess we should do the right thing and let the Pats go in our stead.

Davii
01-25-2016, 11:04 PM
We still could've beat them.

chazoe60
01-25-2016, 11:04 PM
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry ******* Christmas

Davii
01-25-2016, 11:07 PM
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry ******* Christmas

I had a nice Christmas Chaz, birthday is this coming Friday. What'd you get me?

tomjonesrocks
01-25-2016, 11:09 PM
We still could've beat them.

As shocked as I was this game could have easily been a rout. Manning missed 2 TD throws by inches, then the TD gift to NE from the refs.

Obviously the game was an absolute heart attack because of that refusal to take chances on offense late but I don't see after watching that how you could say NE "easy" anything.

Brady got arguably the worst beating of his career.

BroncoNut
01-25-2016, 11:12 PM
I can't disagree but it's really a moot point. Kinda stupid to think about really. When we win the superbowl they'll surely mention the fact that it was because it was played in southern cali and not the meadowlands, ya know? They're just jealous. It's stupid and childish. I actually feel a little sorry for them that they have to resort to the yeah buts. It's pathetic.

Joel
01-25-2016, 11:19 PM

Sunday’s game between the Broncos and Patriots demonstrated the importance of earning home-field advantage. Few doubt that, if the game had been played at Gillette Stadium, the Patriots easily would have cheated.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/25/broncos-win-underscores-importance-of-no-1-seed/

Discuss.
Corrected. Anyone think our headsets would've worked any better than KCs did last week? Or the headsets of ANY team that's EVER played there? Well, I shouldn't say they don't WORK in Foxboro: They pick up Boston sports radio just fine, but very few visiting coaches use local radio stations to send down playcalls.

Know what, Cheatriot fans? This was the SECOND time we beat you just this year—along with SIX OTHER PLAYOFF TEAMS—while ya'll were beating up on the AFCS and NFCE, the WORST divisions in EACH conference: Yet we still finished with the SAME RECORD, so BEATING YOU EARNED the right to host when we BEAT YOU AGAIN.

Play better football next year, and enjoy the SB broadcast. :salute:

chazoe60
01-25-2016, 11:20 PM
I had a nice Christmas Chaz, birthday is this coming Friday. What'd you get me?

Candy and deez nutz

MOtorboat
01-25-2016, 11:21 PM
They should have not choked against the Jets and Dolphins, then.

turftoad
01-25-2016, 11:51 PM
That, my friends, is the importance of every regular season win. You play for home field no matter what. It's a huge advantage in the playoffs.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-26-2016, 12:10 AM
Water is wet and we wouldn't have lost in Miami. What's your point Florio?

Florio is like that crap talking little rat basstird in high school that always picked fights he couldn't finish because he had an older mouth breathing neanderthal cousin who would clean up his battles.

GEM
01-26-2016, 12:14 AM
Florio still holding a grudge over being called out on his fake Peyton going to another team story.

BroncoNut
01-26-2016, 12:41 AM
I've been making good football related posts lately but I don't get salutes and Joel is the only one who quotes them. And that is seldom FML

Joel
01-26-2016, 12:43 AM
I've been making good football related posts lately but I don't get salutes and Joel is the only one who quotes them. And that is seldom FML
Quoted for Truth

BroncoNut
01-26-2016, 12:44 AM
Thanks joel

Joel
01-26-2016, 12:58 AM
Thanks joel
I own your posterior, homo. Did I say that right? :tongue:

BroncoNut
01-26-2016, 01:03 AM
Right enuff. Just happy to be getting some mhs' although low quality/sympathy ones. Beggars can't be choosers

Tned
01-26-2016, 01:09 AM

I have to say, I found this post insightful and delightful, all at the same time.

Joel
01-26-2016, 01:20 AM
Right enuff. Just happy to be getting some mhs' although low quality/sympathy ones. Beggars can't be choosers
The quality of my sympathy is above reproach and won't fit through a sieve (or something like that.) ;)

You do make good (additional, football-related) points though; getting distracted by folks picking fights just makes them easy to overlook (which is no excuse, and actually all the more reason to seize an opportunity to actually talk FOOTBALL.)

Canmore
01-26-2016, 01:33 AM

Discuss.

The Patriots were suppose to win easily at Mile High. Screw them. The results would have been the same. End of story.

OrangeHoof
01-26-2016, 08:57 AM
I agree. Shitty weather. Deflated balls. Headsets going out. Locker room bugged. We would have been trounced. I hope it sucks worse for the Patriots that they believe this.

BTW, am I the only one who laughed like a hyena when I heard the Patriots were having technical difficulties on the sidelines with their notepads??

Karma's a Hillary!

Joel
01-26-2016, 09:11 AM
I didn't know karma was even running, and I normally stay pretty up to date on stuff like that: Just not in the football forum. ;)

Slick
01-26-2016, 09:45 AM
I'm glad we didn't have to find out. Denver's pass rushers were much healthier than KCs but I don't think they get that kind of pressure on the road. Watching Brady getting pummeled was glorious. You could tell he was aggravated from the first offensive series of the game. He never got comfortable back there.

Tned
01-26-2016, 09:59 AM
I'm glad we didn't have to find out. Denver's pass rushers were much healthier than KCs but I don't think they get that kind of pressure on the road. Watching Brady getting pummeled was glorious. You could tell he was aggravated from the first offensive series of the game. He never got comfortable back there.

Yea, I think we can all agree that Brady having to go with a silent count and deal with the crowd noise really helped the Broncos pass rush. They really seemed to have the timing of his snap down.

I just felt it was a little Pats lovin/coastal bias to state that the Pats would have won easily at home.

Ravage!!!
01-26-2016, 10:20 AM
Pats probably win by 7-10 points in NE.

conjecture based on absolutely ZERO evidence, especially what was demonstrated on the actual field of play. There was NOTHING about their offense that was scary to us. THis is nothing but a NE based bias that has no actual substance whatsoever.

Joel
01-26-2016, 10:47 AM
Not that the crowd noise hurt a bit (just the opposite,) but I'm convinced the big difference between our rush and KCs was that our secondary and coverage LBs are a lot better. Both starting CBs and both starting OLBs mentioned it during the week: Against a 0-step guy like Brady, Manning or Rodgers, the coverage has to buy the rush a little time, because THEY know their lines suck, too, and the rush can't make the coverage blanket Gronk and Edelman all day.

It's complementary football all the way down.

weazel
01-26-2016, 10:48 AM
meh, we'll never know... The Pat's couldn't win enough games to get home field advantage, so how were they the better team?

Joel
01-26-2016, 10:49 AM
conjecture based on absolutely ZERO evidence, especially what was demonstrated on the actual field of play. There was NOTHING about their offense that was scary to us. THis is nothing but a NE based bias that has no actual substance whatsoever.
The Cheats are living in the same Hell Manning's been in since he got here: NO run support, NO protection, so go win ALONE—and FAST, 'cause here they come....

GEM
01-26-2016, 11:31 AM
As Ric Flair used to say....to be the man, you have to beat the man. :laugh: The man got beat over and over and over.

WARHORSE
01-26-2016, 12:22 PM
First of all, Florio has a hard on for the Pats, and he doesnt like the Broncos because we beat them a lot more than we lose to them.

But hey, I guess if you want to blame someone New England, then blame Miami. You remember them? They would have lost to you in Foxboro too, right?

Home field would have let you demoralize them.

Miami sucks.

And youre gonna watch us do our thing on Superbowl sunday.

dogfish
01-26-2016, 12:34 PM
oh, shut up! we beat new england twice this year, eff those losers-- we're the better team. . .

:defense:

BroncoWave
01-26-2016, 12:43 PM

Just my opinion man. So yes, that would in fact be conjecture. Not claiming to have any facts behind it. Just what I think would have happened. You are free to disagree.

Tned
01-26-2016, 01:46 PM
oh, shut up! we beat new england twice this year, eff those losers-- we're the better team. . .

:defense:

Yea, one of the many expert comments I heard last week was that 'nobody beats new england twice in the same season "

TXBRONC
01-26-2016, 02:08 PM
Probably so. One of the big advantages we had was that Miller and Ware were able to time the snap because it was too loud for Brady to use a hard count. Some of the Pats (notably Gronk) were starting to get gassed in that altitude as well. It was also like 20 degrees in NE, which is not good for Peyton.

I think they win handily if the game is in NE. Getting that 1 seed was HUGE for us.

New England might have one in Foxborough but I don't think it would have been a blowout.

Ravage!!!
01-26-2016, 02:20 PM
New England might have one in Foxbourgh but I don't it would have been a blowout.

Maybe. But I just don't get the "they probably would have beaten us there" line of thinking. Why would they have beaten us? Our crowd is worth 10 points? What did the patriots show? Would the colder weather have caused turnovers? What about the game made it appear as though EVERYTHING would have been different? This just sounds like *patriot fans grasping. I mean, I heard alllllll week long that since they had Edelman and Gronk healthy, that they were just "unstoppable" (Edelman who?) So now what? The stadium was the difference maker for and "unstoppable" team? I'm just dumbfounded by this line of thinking.

Slick
01-26-2016, 02:24 PM
Maybe. But I just don't get the "they probably would have beaten us there" line of thinking. Why would they have beaten us? Our crowd is worth 10 points?

Are you just trying to be obtuse on purpose?

Ravage!!!
01-26-2016, 02:37 PM
Are you just trying to be obtuse on purpose?

No. Is our crowd worth 10 points? Is that an obtuse question, slick?

TXBRONC
01-26-2016, 02:43 PM
Maybe. But I just don't get the "they probably would have beaten us there" line of thinking. Why would they have beaten us? Our crowd is worth 10 points? What did the patriots show? Would the colder weather have caused turnovers? What about the game made it appear as though EVERYTHING would have been different? This just sounds like *patriot fans grasping. I mean, I heard alllllll week long that since they had Edelman and Gronk healthy, that they were just "unstoppable" (Edelman who?) So now what? The stadium was the difference maker for and "unstoppable" team? I'm just dumbfounded by this line of thinking.

I get that too and I don't deny it would have give the ****Pasties a huge advantage but blowing Denver out doesn't seem realistic. If Denver had played at Foxborough it still would not have been a shock to if walked away with a win. Keep this in mind up until two season ago the ****Patsies hadn't played a road playoff game in like five or six season. ****Belicheat and Shady understand it's huge advantage.

BroncoWave
01-26-2016, 02:44 PM

Our crowd doesn't have to be worth 10 points. We won by 2.

Spiritguy
01-26-2016, 02:48 PM
Yea, one of the many expert comments I heard last week was that 'nobody beats new england twice in the same season "They must have gotten confused thinking our team is called nobody. Should have been that the Broncos beat new england twice in the same season. Silly expert. They can call us what ever they want. We are calling ourselves afc champs and in two weeks superbowl champs!

Slick
01-26-2016, 02:55 PM

It just seems weird that you question how valuable home field advantages can be. I know you've been a Bronco fan for a long time. The altitude alone is a real factor.

weazel
01-26-2016, 02:58 PM

also, cold weather and rain, snow, etc. all hinder the passing game and evidently that's all NE has.

GEM
01-26-2016, 02:59 PM
It just seems weird that you question how valuable home field advantages can be. I know you've been a Bronco fan for a long time. The altitude alone is a real factor.

Local radio guy here, Dmac says that home field doesn't matter at all. :laugh:

weazel
01-26-2016, 03:08 PM
Denver's home field is a bigger advantage than most.

EastCoastBronco
01-26-2016, 03:13 PM
Denver's home field is a bigger advantage than most.

That's what she said...

Bronco4ever
01-26-2016, 03:13 PM
If that makes Pats fans' feelers not hurt as bad, then sure. Doesn't change the outcome of the game played in Denver. :cool:

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-26-2016, 03:14 PM
The best fans in the world combined with the altitude is a clear and obvious advantage. When Miami beat New England in week 17 I was so damn happy as this result is exactly what I hoped would transpire. Don't think, with this defense, we get blown out against the Pats in Foxboro, but it definitely would have helped Brady and their offense be more effective not having to deal with the noise.

Ravage!!!
01-26-2016, 03:14 PM
My point is this.

Some have said that if it was played in NE, they 'probably' would have beaten us by 10 points or so. That's a 14 point turnaround. Is our 'home field advantage' worth 2 Touchdowns against NE and a QB that has been to the AFC Championship 10 times? I just don't think that NE is that intimidated or influenced by an opposing crowd considering the success they've had over the last 15 years.

Valar Morghulis
01-26-2016, 03:19 PM

What evidence would you like him to use in order to speculate on a game they never took place in a stadium that never happened.

Of course it's conjecture, unless of course wave has some kind of magic powers that allows him to see realities that could have been but never was.

Slick
01-26-2016, 03:28 PM
My point is this.

Some have said that if it was played in NE, they 'probably' would have beaten us by 10 points or so. That's a 14 point turnaround. Is our 'home field advantage' worth 2 Touchdowns against NE and a QB that has been to the AFC Championship 10 times? I just don't think that NE is that intimidated or influenced by an opposing crowd considering the success they've had over the last 15 years.

I'm not sure they would have killed Denver in New England so I see your point there. You saw Gronk having trouble I'm sure. He was cramping up and sucking on the oxygen. Denver's pass rushers definitely had an advantage due to the crowd noise as well.

The ultimate benefit is making sea level teams come play at altitude. It is a factor.

Slick
01-26-2016, 03:29 PM
Local radio guy here, Dmac says that home field doesn't matter at all. :laugh:

Someone should call in and ask him why the US Olympic training center is in Colorado Springs.

NightTrainLayne
01-26-2016, 03:34 PM
Yea, one of the many expert comments I heard last week was that 'nobody beats new england twice in the same season "

I was very worried about this myself. It is hard to beat any quality team in the NFL twice in the same season. New England has a great coaching staff. I didn't like have to play the twice one bit.

Tned
01-26-2016, 03:46 PM
I was very worried about this myself. It is hard to beat any quality team in the NFL twice in the same season. New England has a great coaching staff. I didn't like have to play the twice one bit.

Just read that 78% of the media analysts picked the Pats.

Davii
01-26-2016, 03:52 PM
Our crowd doesn't have to be worth 10 points. We won by 2.

The premise was they would "win easily" in Foxboro, so define "easily". While you're at it, define "handily" as that's how you said they would beat us.

Let x = easily and let y = handily

Denver crowd > 2 + (x or y)

chazoe60
01-26-2016, 03:57 PM
Nobody told there would be math involved.

Davii
01-26-2016, 04:05 PM
Nobody told there would be math involved.

Or English either apparently.

BroncoWave
01-26-2016, 04:06 PM
What evidence would you like him to use in order to speculate on a game they never took place in a stadium that never happened.

Of course it's conjecture, unless of course wave has some kind of magic powers that allows him to see realities that could have been but never was.

Seriously though. Kinda though it went without saying that is was nothing more than opinion. It's obviously impossible to give facts on what would have happened in a hypothetical situation.

NightTerror218
01-26-2016, 04:27 PM
Just read that 78% of the media analysts picked the Pats.

Wow, 22% picked Denver. I did not see a single one pick Denver.

BroncoWave
01-26-2016, 05:16 PM
The premise was they would "win easily" in Foxboro, so define "easily". While you're at it, define "handily" as that's how you said they would beat us.

Let x = easily and let y = handily

Denver crowd > 2 + (x or y)

I was just kinda throwing shit out there, didn't really think it through all that much. Point is, I think the result would have been different had we gone to NE. Maybe we keep it close, maybe they blow us out. Who knows, but I feel fairly confident they would have had the upper hand.

Again, though, it's obviously all speculation on any of our parts, and I think we are all glad we will never know what the other outcome would have been.

chazoe60
01-26-2016, 05:23 PM
Or English either apparently.

:laugh::laugh: