PDA

View Full Version : Broncos will get to choose jersey color for Super Bowl 50

Magnificent Seven
01-25-2016, 05:08 PM
The Denver Broncos will face the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl 50 on Sunday, Feb. 7 at 4:30 p.m. MST on CBS.

We do not know yet what jersey colors the teams will be wearing, but we do know who will get to decide. As the AFC team playing in an even-numbered Super Bowl, the Broncos will decide what uniform they wear.

The Broncos’ home uniform color is orange, and that seems to be the front runner to be the team’s selection. It’s not an automatic decision, however, as Denver has an ugly Super Bowl history in orange.

From 1978 to 1990, the Broncos lost three Super Bowls (XII, XXII, and XXIV) wearing orange uniforms. They also lost a Super Bowl (XXI) during that time wearing white uniforms.

In the late 1990s, they won Super Bowls (XXXII and XXXIII) wearing blue and white uniforms. Two years ago, they lost to the Seahawks wearing orange again (XLVIII).

Overall, the Broncos are 0-4 in orange, 1-1 in white, and 1-0 in blue.

Blue is now Denver’s alternate uniform, so it will not be an option for the Super Bowl.

Denver’s decision will come down to orange or white.

The Panthers wore white jerseys in their only Super Bowl appearance (XXXVIII), a loss to the Patriots. Carolina went 6-1 in white this season, 6-0 in black, and 3-0 in blue (their alternate).

Should Denver choose to wear orange, Carolina will wear white. If the Broncos go with white, the Panthers will wear black.

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is the first quarterback in NFL history to lead multiple teams (Denver and Indianapolis) to multiple Super Bowls (XLI, XLIV, XLVIII, L).

This will mark Cam Newton’s first Super Bowl appearance.

http://wp.me/p73aOd-1Bx6

Dapper Dan
01-25-2016, 05:16 PM
Yellow and brown!

Nomad
01-25-2016, 05:20 PM
Yellow and brown!

Yeah...that'll throw them off. :lol:

It's amazing people take the time to come up with these stats. After Feb 7th, the BRONCOS will be 1-4 in the orange jerseys.

Dapper Dan
01-25-2016, 05:24 PM
Yeah...that'll throw them off. :lol:

It's amazing people take the time to come up with these stats. After Feb 7th, the BRONCOS will be 1-4 in the orange jerseys.

Peyton Manning is 1-0 in the Super Bowl in White. He's 0-1 in Blue.

weazel
01-25-2016, 05:25 PM
Blue n White

tripp
01-25-2016, 05:25 PM
Hope it's white.

Panthers 0-2 in playoffs wearing black.

Means nothing, means everything.

Nomad
01-25-2016, 05:32 PM
Hope it's white.

Panthers 0-2 in playoffs wearing black.

Means nothing, means everything.

I guess we know Panthers won't be wearing black. :lol:

DenBronx
01-25-2016, 05:40 PM
I thougt I read somewhere that we could wear our alternate jerseys. Blues are our alternate colors but would LOVE LOVE LOVVVE it if we could play in all blues. That is our primetime jerseys.

But definitely not orange again. Those are a SB curse for us.

Tned
01-25-2016, 05:44 PM
Blue was the worst decision Broncos made. Pisses me off when I look at the empty stadium with the blue seats. They created a decade plus of no identity, where you didn't see a sea of orange in the stands, but just a sea where you couldn't tell if they were Broncos fans or Bears fans or any of the other 1/5 or so of the league wearing some form of blue.

While I don't think the orange uniforms are as pretty, it gives the team an identity.

Beyond that, anyone that thinks Orange is the reason the Broncos lost the SB's in the 80's or that Seattle kicked Broncos butt two years ago, doesn't know much about football.

weazel
01-25-2016, 05:47 PM
Blue was the worst decision Broncos made. Pisses me off when I look at the empty stadium with the blue seats. They created a decade plus of no identity, where you didn't see a sea of orange in the stands, but just a sea where you couldn't tell if they were Broncos fans or Bears fans or any of the other 1/5 or so of the league wearing some form of blue.

While I don't think the orange uniforms are as pretty, it gives the team an identity.

Beyond that, anyone that thinks Orange is the reason the Broncos lost the SB's in the 80's or that Seattle kicked Broncos butt two years ago, doesn't know much about football.

Blue/White... and I hope they dress #30 TD!

CrazyHorse
01-25-2016, 05:49 PM
White jerseys. Make the Panthers wear black. If it's warm it keeps our players cooler.

Nomad
01-25-2016, 05:51 PM
Blue/White... and I hope they dress #30 TD!

They did play their best game of the year in the blue/white. TD looks like he can still play.

Timmy!
01-25-2016, 05:56 PM
This is going to be a long two weeks.

The Glue Factory
01-25-2016, 05:59 PM
This is going to be a long two weeks.

Longest bye week of the season. :eviltongue:

Nomad
01-25-2016, 06:01 PM
White jerseys. Make the Panthers wear black. If it's warm it keeps our players cooler.

Well...last time the BRONCOS/Panthers met...BRONCOS won 36-14 in the white jerseys while Panthers in the black.:tinfoil3: :lol:

Nomad
01-25-2016, 06:01 PM

Well...last time the BRONCOS/Panthers met...BRONCOS won 36-14 in the white jerseys while Panthers in the black.:tinfoil3: :lol:

Tned
01-25-2016, 06:09 PM
They did play their best game of the year in the blue/white. TD looks like he can still play.

Hmmm, didn't the Broncos just win a game that pretty much every "expert" said they didn't have a chance in? I'm getting old, and my memory isn't what it used to be, but what color were the Broncos wearing when they pummeled Brady and the Pats? Was it blue or white or something like that?

BroncoJoe
01-25-2016, 06:11 PM
Orange all the way.

uu3FRRXqazw

weazel
01-25-2016, 06:18 PM
I'm wearing a black underarmour golf shirt today, it's work attire.

Nomad
01-25-2016, 06:21 PM
Hmmm, didn't the Broncos just win a game that pretty much every "expert" said they didn't have a chance in? I'm getting old, and my memory isn't what it used to be, but what color were the Broncos wearing when they pummeled Brady and the Pats? Was it blue or white or something like that?

And your point? I like the orange and it was my vote, and agreed with you that the uniform doesn't make or break the team. It's the same players regardless the uniform color. Just having a little fun.

BroncoWave
01-25-2016, 06:30 PM
If you believe in the mojo at all then white is the obvious choice, with us being 0-4 in super bowls in orange, and the Panthers being 0-2 in the playoffs all time in black.

Obviously that kind of stuff doesn't affect the game at all, but any good luck you can get couldn't hurt!

Nomad
01-25-2016, 06:36 PM
If you believe in the mojo at all then white is the obvious choice, with us being 0-4 in super bowls in orange, and the Panthers being 0-2 in the playoffs all time in black.

Obviously that kind of stuff doesn't affect the game at all, but any good luck you can get couldn't hurt!

Much of sports is built on superstitions. So we'll see. I do like the orange, as Tned stated, it is the BRONCOS identity.

Timmy!
01-25-2016, 06:38 PM
We are going with the whites for what its worth.

Dapper Dan
01-25-2016, 07:02 PM
http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016/01/25/denver-broncos-will-wear-white-jerseys-in-super-bowl-50/

LawDog
01-25-2016, 07:09 PM
http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016/01/25/denver-broncos-will-wear-white-jerseys-in-super-bowl-50/

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016/01/24/von-miller-sack-cam-newton-superman-celebration-watch-video-gif-highlights/

This is from the same site... Freaking Awesome!!!

BroncoJoe
01-25-2016, 07:11 PM

FML. I really wanted orange.

BroncoWave
01-25-2016, 07:13 PM
Glad we are going white. Not that it matters, but anything to try to curb Carolina's mojo!

The Glue Factory
01-25-2016, 07:19 PM
Glad we are going white. Not that it matters, but anything to try to curb Carolina's mojo!

They'll be in Santa Clara, not exactly Miami; but still much warmer than typical Denver weather this time of year. White jerseys will help the good guys stay cool. Glad to hear Carolina elected their black unis.

BroncoWave
01-25-2016, 07:38 PM
They'll be in Santa Clara, not exactly Miami; but still much warmer than typical Denver weather this time of year. White jerseys will help the good guys stay cool. Glad to hear Carolina elected their black unis.

They had no choice but to choose black. You are not allowed to wear your alternate jersey for the super bowl.

chazoe60
01-25-2016, 07:40 PM
I think we need another "is it racist" thread.

tripp
01-25-2016, 07:42 PM

Agreed.

It's a Bill Belichick type move. #mindgames.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2016, 07:44 PM

ITs a night game. YOu realize that the sun won't be soaking into the 'black color'.. if the sun isn't shining, right?

Dzone
01-25-2016, 07:49 PM
If they go with Orange, then thats just one more thing to be stressed about lol
White? Huh??? Ok

Nomad
01-25-2016, 08:05 PM
ITs a night game. YOu realize that the sun won't be soaking into the 'black color'.. if the sun isn't shining, right?

It's relatively cool at this time of year. Comfortable football weather unless it's raining.

DenBronx
01-25-2016, 08:20 PM
Lol it's the Bay area, it's always cool weather here. Perfect football weather. However it's been raining ALOT because of this storm.

aberdien
01-25-2016, 08:24 PM
#whiteisright

DenBronx
01-25-2016, 08:28 PM
If you wanna ride....ride tha white horse....white horse....ride tha white horse.

Nomad
01-25-2016, 08:37 PM
Lol it's the Bay area, it's always cool weather here. Perfect football weather. However it's been raining ALOT because of this storm.

You going to the game?

DenBronx
01-25-2016, 09:24 PM

You going to the game?

I am going to try. Tickets are at least 3.8k right now. Getting off of work will be my biggest hurdle bc I went to the extraboard where I am on call. If I can get tickets under 3k I think I'll go but I seriously doubt I will find them that cheap.

Are you going? Anyone else going? This would be so insane!!

DenBronx
01-25-2016, 09:27 PM
I can't even imagine going to this game, in my stomping grounds and us beating the #1 seed Panthers live in front of the whole damn world.

I am getting chills just thinking about it.

This would be a big FU tour for Manning. And finally I could quit hearing from raider fans how they have 3 rusty SuperBowls!! Damn queerbaits!!!

Nomad
01-25-2016, 09:33 PM
I am going to try. Tickets are at least 3.8k right now. Getting off of work will be my biggest hurdle bc I went to the extraboard where I am on call. If I can get tickets under 3k I think I'll go but I seriously doubt I will find them that cheap.

Are you going? Anyone else going? This would be so insane!!

I only asked because I knew it was in your backyard. I didn't realize Superbowl tickets were that much. No, I'll be watching from the couch, and me and some BRONCO fans around here will get together.

Dzone
01-25-2016, 10:01 PM
What a difference between Super Bowl 50 and that frozen commode where they had to play in super bowel 48. Thank God What an absolute horrible super bowl experience in every single respect.
The super bowl needs to be at warm venues.It should be a vacation for people, not misery. But of course we have to give Minnesota and their new digs a chance to make everyone suffer next year. lol

BroncoWave
01-25-2016, 10:11 PM
What a difference between Super Bowl 50 and that frozen commode where they had to play in super bowel 48. Thank God What an absolute horrible super bowl experience in every single respect.
The super bowl needs to be at warm venues.It should be a vacation for people, not misery. But of course we have to give Minnesota and their new digs a chance to make everyone suffer next year. lol

That game will be indoors at least.

Dzone
01-25-2016, 10:19 PM
After further review wearing white lets you get grass stains and dirt on yourself and maybe spit some blood all over your jersey...Hell ya. looks like a throwback type jersey with some stains on it. Good move, especially with that fresh kentucky blue grass they laid down for this game...Just dont get any stains on mannings jersey and we're good

Dzone
01-25-2016, 10:21 PM

Yep, but no grass stains whatsoever. They dont even look like they played a game

BroncoWave
01-25-2016, 10:25 PM
Yep, but no grass stains whatsoever. They dont even look like they played a game

Well the Superdome is indoors and New Orleans is pretty widely considered by far the best Super Bowl location.

I Eat Staples
01-25-2016, 10:30 PM
Should always be played indoors. There is already enough variance in football without weather adding to it.

I know most people disagree, and it's pretty much a matter of what you find fun as a fan.

Nomad
01-25-2016, 10:40 PM
Should always be played indoors. There is already enough variance in football without weather adding to it.

I know most people disagree, and it's pretty much a matter of what you find fun as a fan.

I do like the challenge of the elements, but I'm sure I'm in the minority. As of now (which I know weather forecasts are never concrete until the day of), it's supposed to be in the 60s, cloudy with chance of rain.

BroncoWave
01-25-2016, 10:45 PM
I do like the challenge of the elements, but I'm sure I'm in the minority. As of now (which I know weather forecasts are never concrete until the day of), it's supposed to be in the 60s, cloudy with chance of rain.

That's the weather literally every day in SF.

MOtorboat
01-25-2016, 11:23 PM

Their weather is damn near perfect, IMO.

DenBronx
01-25-2016, 11:30 PM

Their weather is damn near perfect, IMO.

Except right now, it's miserable. I love the rain, just hate working in it.

DenBronx
01-25-2016, 11:33 PM

We'll get grass stains the the Panthers will have shit stains. Lucky for them they will be wearing black.

VonDoom
01-26-2016, 12:26 PM
Since we've got a whole thread for this, check out Mason's article on the subject:

In seven previous Super Bowls, the Broncos are 0-4 in orange jerseys, 1-1 in white and 1-0 in blue. The Carolina Panthers, their Super Bowl foe, will wear their black jerseys; they've lost both playoff games they've played in them -- two years ago to San Francisco and seven years ago to Arizona.

This is not the first time a team has chosen to wear a jersey other than its primary home jersey when it had the option. In Super Bowl XL, the Steelers had the jersey choice, but opted to wear white after winning three consecutive postseason games on the road. Pittsburgh defeated Seattle, 21-10.

The Broncos are the fourth team to choose to wear white for a Super Bowl, joining the Cowboys in Super Bowls XIII and XXVII and the Washington Redskins in Super Bowl XVII. Designated home teams that opt to wear white in the Super Bowl are 3-1; designated home teams that wear their colored jersey are 17-28 and have lost nine of the last 10 times.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/How-Super-Bowl-50-became-a-tale-of-black-and-white/1bcb40c9-685c-4f06-bba6-f0863f0853ba?utm_content=bufferac267&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The Glue Factory
01-26-2016, 12:48 PM

Kickoff is scheduled for 3:30 pm PST. Not exactly a night game for the players.

Valar Morghulis
01-26-2016, 03:52 PM
Dilemma.

I have wore the same Orange jersey for the play offs so far, now, do I keep with that, or do I change into the white to match the players.....

NightTerror218
01-26-2016, 04:28 PM
Anyone know own where to get a SB 50 patch. Want to put one on my Manning jersey.

Bronco Bible
01-26-2016, 04:28 PM
this is going to be a long two weeks.

living in nc is really!!! Going to be long

I Eat Staples
01-26-2016, 04:36 PM

I think most people do like the elements. As a neutral fan it can be fun to watch a game played in bad weather, but when I have something at stake or just for the sake of variance not deciding the outcomes of games I prefer good conditions.

Plus, I like offense, and weather hurts offense.

weazel
01-26-2016, 04:57 PM
football should be played outdoors. It should be raining or snowing for every Superbowl.

BroncoWave
01-26-2016, 05:28 PM
Anyone know own where to get a SB 50 patch. Want to put one on my Manning jersey.

Ebay. Already got mine for like 6 bucks from there. There are tons for sale.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-26-2016, 05:32 PM
The Super Bowl 50 logo and captains patches have been sewed onto every Broncos jersey. (photos by Ben Swanson)

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/photo-gallery/Broncos-jerseys-prepared-for-Super-Bowl-50/4324104f-5c39-4edb-ad47-2d44d5e4aecf

BroncoWave
01-26-2016, 05:41 PM
So I bought my patch but unfortunately I don't have a white jersey of a current player to put it on. Guess it's going on my orange Manning jersey.

TXBRONC
01-26-2016, 06:25 PM
Yellow and brown!

That would be old school but I don't know.

TXBRONC
01-26-2016, 06:33 PM

28 years ago a defense lead the Broncos to their first appearance in the Super Bowl. The current defense has done the same thing and is superior by every measure so I stick with the Orange.

NightTerror218
01-26-2016, 06:34 PM

How much?

BroncoWave
01-26-2016, 06:35 PM
How much?

Re-read the post you quoted. :D

NightTerror218
01-26-2016, 07:47 PM
Re-read the post you quoted. :D

Drrrrrrr.

Dapper Dan
01-26-2016, 11:10 PM
Dilemma.

I have wore the same Orange jersey for the play offs so far, now, do I keep with that, or do I change into the white to match the players.....

Go nude. Put it on Instagram.

VonDoom
01-26-2016, 11:28 PM

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered one myself.

BroncoTech
01-27-2016, 01:34 AM
Today they were saying cheapest available tickets $5k and lower seats where you can actually see the game, $28k. I think I like CBS although the Amtrack Capitol Express runs right by my place down to Levi Stadium, ha! So as a Broncos fan since the 60's I'm torn on seeing my team in this game.

MOtorboat
01-27-2016, 03:12 AM
Dilemma.

What sort of effing question is that?

Valar Morghulis
01-27-2016, 04:21 AM
What sort of effing question is that?

One from someone who does not believe in superstition, but would hate to be wrong!

MOtorboat
01-27-2016, 04:29 AM
One from someone who does not believe in superstition, but would hate to be wrong!

You wear the orange jersey. Don't piss off the football gods now. And while we're at it please join my campaign to ensure Sneakers starts the Gameday thread. This is of deathly importance.

Joel
01-27-2016, 08:57 AM

Well, I agree. I get it: It's a winter outdoor sport, so only teams that prove they can play like champions in the cold, rain or even snow should be allowed to BECOME champions. But by the time we reach the SB, both teams have already played a full season, half of it in November and December, plus 2-3 January games against playoff teams: They've ALREADY earned their right to be IN the championship game, so it should be decided by who's the best team, not random weather.

Mannings lone SB win was outside, but in Miami, so warm (67°, 10 mph wind.) It was also in a steady rain that made it an embarrassing turnoverfest (the Colts had an Int and 2 fumbles, Chicago 2 Ints and 3 fumbles, somehow not a SB record because the Colts OTHER win had a combined 11 turnovers, but those were forced by brutal hitting, not the elements.) At one point Indy lost the ball but got back on the NEXT PLAY. It was painful viewing.

It was so bad I figured the NFL would thenceforth ban outdoor SBs, but they schedule those things years in advance, and the next two were outside and went OK. Plus... y'know... "Football is meant to be played outside in the winter: Thus the Founders declared in the Before Times; thus shall it ever remain." I still don't like it: Cincy missed and we nearly made that years playoffs SOLELY because a light Mile High rain made a PAT slip out of the holders hands so they couldn't force OT.

That's a dumb unfair way to decide who "earned" a chance to REACH the SB, let alone decide who WINS it. Not because I'm a whiny girl, but because who slips on a wet patch doesn't prove which MEN have the most strength, skill and will. Might as well let the coin toss pick the winner.

Timmy!
01-27-2016, 09:13 AM
Lol@light mile high rain. I was at that game, and it was snowing balls in the 4th quarter. The drive back to the Springs was an adventure.

To the point, stop whining. Fate and luck matter in sports, just like life. Conditions are rarely perfect.

Northman
01-27-2016, 09:52 AM

I like it when its a home team playing in their own stadium. But im with Staples, for the big game i want the weather to be nice.

Northman
01-27-2016, 09:55 AM
football should be played outdoors. It should be raining or snowing for every Superbowl.

No.

VonDoom
01-27-2016, 10:02 AM
You wear the orange jersey. Don't piss off the football gods now. And while we're at it please join my campaign to ensure Sneakers starts the Gameday thread. This is of deathly importance.

Oh man, didn't someone else start the Super Bowl gameday thread two years ago? We can't allow that this year. It's like someone WANTED us to lose that game ...

Denver Native (Carol)
01-27-2016, 10:29 AM

TOTALLY agree - Sneakers ONLY

Dapper Dan
01-27-2016, 11:01 AM
I think we've elected Chazoe to start it this time.

weazel
01-27-2016, 11:06 AM
No.

honestly the only time I really watch the CFL is the playoffs, and thats only because the weather can be shitty. I love football in bad weather.

Dapper Dan
01-27-2016, 11:23 AM
Broncos 5-0 with the guy picked to be the ref

Cugel
01-27-2016, 11:33 AM

Why take the chance? Logically, it makes no sense that the Orange unis have anything to do with SB losses.

But, I never want to see those damn orange uniforms in a SB again. Ever!

And apparently John Elway feels the same because the Broncos are going with white! :beer:

Joel
01-27-2016, 12:07 PM
I like it when its a home team playing in their own stadium. But im with Staples, for the big game i want the weather to be nice.
That's a good point; it's different when it's a matter of homefield advantage, especially for a playoff game, because then the host EARNED it by playing, along with their opponent, in all manner of conditions through 16 games and proving themselves better. Plus the stakes are lower than for a SB. That's what gets me there: Luck's an unavoidably large part of just REACHING the title game, but should never DECIDE which of the conferences best teams is the NFLs best.

Lol@light mile high rain. I was at that game, and it was snowing balls in the 4th quarter. The drive back to the Springs was an adventure.

Christmas Eve '06? It looked like light rain on TV (I thought the TV people even said it stopped for a while) but you were there, so I'll defer to that; main thing I remember is that kick and D-Will bailing us out of an early Cutler Int by returning the favor in our end zone in the last game I ever saw him play (the SF game wasn't broadcast here, so I got to "watch" it via ESPN Game Centers play-by-play text.)

Anyway, it's ironic, because, now that I think of it, that's one of the two games I always cite as evidence for why a playoff berth (which that game cost Cincy and would've earned us if a crap SF team hadn't beaten us the next week with what Broncomania comments declared VERY dirty play) or playoff GAME should never be decided by the pure bad luck of teams missing ½% of PATs.

The other's one The Hidden Game of Football first cited to make the same argument: Washington losing to us by a missed PAT late in '86, clinching our division and condemning them to a wildcard in theirs. We went to the SB, but they slogged through a couple road games just to reach another against their division champs, and hate to wait another year to beat us in the SB. Other than being decided by PAT misses, the thing those games have in common was that WE won.

I always end that rant with "sooner or later, a PAT must inevitably decide, not just a playoff berth or game, but a SUPER BOWL, and that's when it'll get dumped."

So why are we going to THIS Super Bowl...?

To the point, stop whining. Fate and luck matter in sports, just like life. Conditions are rarely perfect.

Sure luck (which is VERY different than fate; if luck were deterministic it wouldn't be luck) MATTER in football and the rest of life. It takes a "fair" amount of luck just to REACH a SB, and, in a way, that's part of the point: Not only does luck already play a far larger role than it should in any fair contest, it's already too big a part of REACHING a Super Bowl to increase its role by letting it "determine" the Super Bowl CHAMPION.

Spend half your life studying, working, sweating, practicing and bleeding just to make the pros, do it all again through (usually not your first) offseason, regular season and multiple postseason games against playoff opponents, play 60:00 against a SB team, leave it all on the field—then lose a SB just because it happened to rain THAT day in THAT place.

In the 1982 Divisional Round, SD played @Miami in a sauna, jumped out to a 3 TD before the Dolphins roared back to finally take their first lead at the start of the 4th, and wound up winning with just over a minute left in OT. The Game No One Should Have Lost was one of the longest and hottest in playoff history, but someone HAD to lose, and it was the visitors: Next week SD lost the AFCCG on the road in the Freezer Bowls -59° wind chill.

Was Cincy the 1982 AFC Champ, or was the weather, with SD runner up?

Yeah, luck matters. Some people do EVERYTHING right; study hard as kids, work hard as adults, don't drink, smoke or get high, never get arrested or cheat on their spouse, go to church, give to charity, floss daily—then a piece of blue ice comes crashing through their roof and smashes them flat, and what's wrong with that? Even if they DID just happen to get elected president: Why isn't that a good reason their opponent should run the country instead?

Why shouldn't luck beat ability and effort; isn't that what we teach our kids America and life are all about?

Joel
01-27-2016, 12:09 PM
Why take the chance? Logically, it makes no sense that the Orange unis have anything to do with SB losses.

But, I never want to see those damn orange uniforms in a SB again. Ever!
And apparently John Elway feels the same because the Broncos are going with white! :beer:
By that logic, we should wear the blue and whites in which we're "perfect" in SBs. And I'm not just saying that because I like those best. Well, no, I totally am. ;)

weazel
01-27-2016, 12:10 PM
If we lose I blame the choice. Should have gone with blue-white even though those are alternate and not available.

BroncoJoe
01-27-2016, 12:25 PM
I'd still rather see them in orange, and dispel the "curse". But, I did find this interesting:

A few facts, figures and observations about the Broncos' choice:

The Broncos may have chosen to wear white out of superstition. They are 0-4 when wearing orange jerseys in a Super Bowl, having lost Super Bowls XII, XXI, XXIV and XLVIII. They're 1-1 in white and 1-0 in blue.

Bonus superstition: Teams wearing white jerseys have won 10 of the past 11 Super Bowls.

Double-bonus superstition: Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is 1-2 in Super Bowls. His victory in Super Bowl XLI came while wearing a white jersey.

According to the Gridiron Uniform Database, the Broncos have worn white at home only 10 times in their history. Seven of those games were in 1971, when they wore white at home for the entire season.

The Broncos went 6-2 in their white jerseys this season. They went 7-1 wearing orange (5-1 in the regular season and 2-0 in the playoffs) and 1-1 in their blue alternate jerseys.

This marks the fifth time a designated home team has chosen to wear white in the Super Bowl. The four previous teams to do so were the Cowboys in Super Bowl XIII, Washington in Super Bowl XVII, the Cowboys again in Super Bowl XXVII and the Steelers in Super Bowl XL. Those four teams went a collective 3-1 in their Super Bowls.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14651325/uni-watch-denver-broncos-wear-white-jerseys-super-bowl-50

sneakers
01-31-2016, 05:11 PM

:ahhhhh:

tomjonesrocks
01-31-2016, 10:39 PM
I like the white.

aberdien
01-31-2016, 11:13 PM
White looks sleek.

Nomad
01-31-2016, 11:22 PM
White looks sleek.

I like the way it looks.