PDA

View Full Version : Fox Bowl

CrazyHorse
01-25-2016, 03:11 PM
Not too shabby.:lol:

Maybe the Bears have a future when they fire John Fox. As a coach he's a 6. Gary Kubiak is a 9.:elefant:

DenBronx
01-25-2016, 03:48 PM
As mentioned in previous threads had Fox won the SB this would be irrelevant. What happens if Kubiak loses in embarrassing fashion? We all know Kubiaks scheme is a little shady at times.

Fact is Wade Phillips defense has really bailed out an enemic offense this year. Had we not hired Wade then we would have been an average team. Had we kept alot of that offense in tact WITH this defense then I think dynasty wouldn't have been out of the question.

All moot ... I say we just go out and win it. To me as a fan Idgaf who is the HC just as long as we win it. I like Kubiak and he has all of the ingredients to win it this year. Elway brought him in bc of the kicking and screaming aspect so I want to see a dog fight Feb 7.

G_Money
01-25-2016, 04:09 PM
Wade's defense is one of the greatest things I've seen in all my years as a Broncos fan. Kubiak's offense is like the Fox Ultra-Conservative Offense except for 3+ quarters.

4th quarter of the Pats game, up 20-12 (so one score): Broncos finish 3-and-out, 3-and-out when a first down wins the game on that second drive. How is that different than the Ravens game we coughed up? Put Wade and this D on that Fox team and they beat SF in the Super Bowl. The difference is Wade, not Kubiak.

Let's hope Kubes has something a little more creative for the Panthers, because 30 carries for 99 yards is not going to bring us a championship, as much as Gary wishes it would.

Dreadnought
02-12-2016, 01:47 PM
Let's hope Kubes has something a little more creative for the Panthers, because 30 carries for 99 yards is not going to bring us a championship, as much as Gary wishes it would.

~G, I hate to say this but, in retrospect 28 carries for 90 yards did the trick nicely. Even you can be wrong on occasion!

Now, that also required Cam Newton to fold like a lawn chair, which was somewhat hard to predict.

G_Money
02-12-2016, 01:56 PM
~G, I hate to say this but, in retrospect 28 carries for 90 yards did the trick nicely. Even you can be wrong on occasion!

Now, that also required Cam Newton to fold like a lawn chair, which was somewhat hard to predict.

We folded Newton like a lawn chair for 4 quarters. I knew the defense was really good, but back to back historic performances pushed them into all-time great status. 3-runs-and-punt for 3 quarters is an abysmal strategy unless your defense is laughing in the face of the best offense in football.

Ours was. :salute: One of the greatest defensive performances I've seen in my entire life, and the best by a unit in the Orange-and-Blue. Just phenomenal.

I still say the difference is Wade Phillips though. We WOULD have won that SF Superbowl with Phillips directing traffic for our defense, even if this one's talent was even better. Somebody keep him healthy and coaches for another 6 or 8 years, please, or find me the 90s Broncos offense again. An offense this pathetic without this defense would be painful.

G_Money
02-12-2016, 02:04 PM
We were the first team to put up less than 200 yards of total offense and win the Super Bowl. Let's not keep making that the plan even though it worked, k? Helluva season Broncos!

Dreadnought
02-12-2016, 02:13 PM
We were the first team to put up less than 200 yards of total offense and win the Super Bowl. Let's not keep making that the plan even though it worked, k? Helluva season Broncos!

Part 1 and 1-A of that needs to be replacing Mr. Schofield. I don't think he is very good

TXBRONC
02-12-2016, 02:18 PM
Not too shabby.:lol:

Maybe the Bears have a future when they fire John Fox. As a coach he's a 6. Gary Kubiak is a 9.:elefant:

Fox is good coach like Dan Reeves was a good coach. He's just not great. Kubiak has a ways to go to reach greatness but being the Super Bowl in your first year isn't a bad way to start.

TXBRONC
02-12-2016, 02:22 PM
We folded Newton like a lawn chair for 4 quarters. I knew the defense was really good, but back to back historic performances pushed them into all-time great status. 3-runs-and-punt for 3 quarters is an abysmal strategy unless your defense is laughing in the face of the best offense in football.

Ours was. :salute: One of the greatest defensive performances I've seen in my entire life, and the best by a unit in the Orange-and-Blue. Just phenomenal.

I still say the difference is Wade Phillips though. We WOULD have won that SF Superbowl with Phillips directing traffic for our defense, even if this one's talent was even better. Somebody keep him healthy and coaches for another 6 or 8 years, please, or find me the 90s Broncos offense again. An offense this pathetic without this defense would be painful.

I agree but I doubt this is the way Kubiak would have preferred to do things on the offensive side of the ball. Kubiak knew the limitations of his offense due mostly to personnel. Don't do anything stupid and we win.

NightTerror218
02-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Part 1 and 1-A of that needs to be replacing Mr. Schofield. I don't think he is very good

That is easy we have two tackles on IR.

Dreadnought
02-12-2016, 02:34 PM
That is easy we have two tackles on IR.

Kind of what I'm thinking, too. I do wonder about Clady's future though

TXBRONC
02-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Kind of what I'm thinking, too. I do wonder about Clady's future though

Clady is thinking same thing. I would imagine that's why he said he would be willing redo his contract.

Cugel
02-13-2016, 07:20 AM

They will have Ryan Clady if they want him, and Ty Sambrailo at T next season, so they wouldn't hopefully need Schofield. They will need to draft OL too and find a FA T somewhere.

I'm optimistic they do it. After the 2013 SB they got rid of Zane Beadles, move Franklin inside to G because he was a bad RT and then let him go in FA, and tried Chris Clark at RT and got rid of Manny Ramirez. 4 out of the starting 5 OL from 2 years ago were gone in 2015. Same thing will happen now.

Cugel
02-13-2016, 07:23 AM
Clady is thinking same thing. I would imagine that's why he said he would be willing redo his contract.

Well, he got close to $30 M the last 3 years and was on IR for 2 of them, and played pretty badly in 2014. So, he knows he's not getting another $10 M for this season. He signed the big contract in 2013 and never lived up to it.

So, he's going to take a lot less money now, or go somewhere else and take less money. The real question is whether his knee is going to hold up. Remember that he blew out the same knee in a "non-contact drill" in the pre-season. They weren't even in pads. Knee just gave out. For a man that big that's not a good sign. They will have to be convinced that his knee will hold up or they need to find another starting quality T.

Valar Morghulis
02-13-2016, 07:30 AM
Clady at right tackle, Joe Thomas at left tackle, Garcia at centre with Vasquez and sambrailo either side.

That seems pretty solid to me. *goesbacktoplayingmadden