PDA

View Full Version : Three Keys, Unlocked: 'Total disrespect' fueled Broncos to 20-18 AFC Championship win over Patriots

Denver Native (Carol)
01-25-2016, 10:00 AM
DENVER -- A trip to the Super Bowl is fuel enough.

But for the Broncos, a week of hearing about the Patriots' greatness and the inevitability of a New England win provided the best additive to a gas tank's reservoir since Barf and Lone Starr poured Liquid Schwartz into the Winnebago in Spaceballs.

They heard the pundits. They saw Sports Illustrated predict not just a Patriots win, but a 42-17 beatdown against a defense that had not allowed more than 29 points at home all season.

Their rage grew. Numbers couldn't quantify what the Broncos -- especially those on their top-ranked defense -- felt every time the Patriots' expected dominance was trumpeted.

rest - plus part of the postgame victory speech
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-primesport/Three-Keys-Unlocked-Total-disrespect-fueled-Broncos-to-20-18-AFC-Championship-win-over-Patriots/db711ee6-e42b-43f3-9238-35b8d9519a34

CoachChaz
01-25-2016, 10:01 AM
If that pissed them off, the early predictions for the Super Bowl should send them into a frenzy. Seeing 14 point underdog already.

TXBRONC
01-25-2016, 10:33 AM
If that pissed them off, the early predictions for the Super Bowl should send them into a frenzy. Seeing 14 point underdog already.

I'm not surprised. I'm not a big Ray Lewis fan put I hope play the way he would tell his teammates to play "Fast, loose, and pissed off."

Denver Native (Carol)
01-25-2016, 10:54 AM

Good - I love that

NightTerror218
01-25-2016, 11:06 AM
The team may be playing for Manning to go out on top. But Miller and defense are also playing for Ware who is going to his first SB ever and who knows maybe his last.

arapaho2
01-25-2016, 12:02 PM
now I wish somebody would piss off manning and the offense, disrespect them, piss them off...get them motivated

pulse
01-25-2016, 12:18 PM
I can't diss the offense too much. I was frustrated they could't get a game clinching first down late in the fourth quarter. But New England played great defense in the second half. Also, Manning was essentially one foot off the mark from throwing a TD pass that would have put the game out of reach. Had he connected on that throw, I doubt many would be complainng too much about the offense. Still, we lacked consistency running the ball. We absolutely must gain consistency against Carolina.

Dapper Dan
01-25-2016, 01:21 PM
“I opened up and pulled out the first Super Bowl trophy that the Broncos won and I set it on the table,” he explained. “I just got really quiet and I saw in all the guys eyes how they felt, what they felt because I felt the same way. From that point, I just knew how important it was to those guys. I closed it off and I said, ‘The Patriots are coming into our house trying to take what we built.'”

http://bsndenver.com/what-demarcus-ware-told-his-teammates-on-night-before-game/

Denver Native (Carol)
01-25-2016, 01:26 PM
now I wish somebody would piss off manning and the offense, disrespect them, piss them off...get them motivated

The offense did what they needed to do. I have no problem with them. There was no way they were going to put 40 points up against NE. There is no reason to take chances and end up with costly turnovers.

Bronco4ever
01-25-2016, 02:15 PM
Keys to success: not allowing Cam to hand balls to children, no Superman poses (unless it's Von), and no team photos.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-25-2016, 04:19 PM
Earlier today, it was stated on one of the fan segments, that it also really fired up the Broncos defense when the Patriots won the coin toss and wanted to receive, rather than defer.

tripp
01-25-2016, 04:28 PM
I said this last week. Nothing good can come from being the favorite. Everyone expects you to win. You only fire up the opposing team by telling them "we don't expect you to win".

TXBRONC
01-25-2016, 07:35 PM
Earlier today, it was stated on one of the fan segments, that it also really fired up the Broncos defense when the Patriots won the coin toss and wanted to receive, rather than defer.

It shows how arrogant he and ****Shady are. I guess he thought his would march right down the field on their opening possession and score.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2016, 07:46 PM

perfect!!!!! That's what the Packers were favored by when eveyrone said we didn't have a chance.

BroncoWave
01-25-2016, 08:04 PM
LOL where are any of you seeing a 14 point line? We opened as 5.5 point underdogs and the line is now at 4.5.