PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl 50: Broncos vs. Panthers

BroncoWave
01-24-2016, 09:51 PM
So what do you guys think? This Panthers team looks pretty damn unstoppable, but our guys are relishing the underdog role. Really looking forward to this game. Just hope it goes a little better than the one two years ago. :lol:

Tned
01-24-2016, 09:53 PM
All week everyone said Patriots offense was unstoppable.

DenBronx
01-24-2016, 09:54 PM
Anyone know where I can buy one of those new AFC Champion hats?

DenBronx
01-24-2016, 09:55 PM

Each week its been like that for us. I don't mind flying under the radar but the Broncos D Line WILL get to Cam. Brady was on his ass all day and I believe he has a quicker release than Cam does.

tripp
01-24-2016, 09:56 PM
Take away Greg Olsen, and limit Cam Newton's runs. Going to be a hard game for us though.

Northman
01-24-2016, 09:57 PM
Denver- 100
Carolina- 0

Northman
01-24-2016, 09:58 PM

All this^

Its why you play the game.

DenBronx
01-24-2016, 09:59 PM
One thing to note is last time the Broncos went to the SB it was on the East Coast...this year its in the best coast West Coast, my backyard. There are ALOT of Bronco fans here in the west and not so much for Panther fans. I fully expect Levi stadium to be packed with Broncos fans. I am probably going to go to this game even.

Remember, Denver broke in this stadium like a pair of Levis. They play good in West Coast weather and I believe it will feel like a home game this time around.

aberdien
01-24-2016, 10:00 PM
I'm guessing the Panthers will be compared to the Seahawks of a couple years ago. My head is telling me they will kick our ass but I like our chances as underdogs since many of our players have been there before. We seem more mature.

ShaneFalco
01-24-2016, 10:01 PM
27 Denver 24 Carolina

DenBronx
01-24-2016, 10:02 PM
Take away Greg Olsen, and limit Cam Newton's runs. Going to be a hard game for us though.

Denvers defense is better at getting pressure on QBs but Wade knows how to game plan for secondary coverage too. This is the key imo, these DBs will have their hands full but if they are able to shut down Olsen then Cam will hold the ball too long.

chazoe60
01-24-2016, 10:03 PM
Our defense will come up huge in the SB. I don't think the Panthers will score 20 points on us. If we score 20 we win. And I really think we'll get some turnovers.

I like our chances in this game.

tripp
01-24-2016, 10:08 PM
Denvers defense is better at getting pressure on QBs but Wade knows how to game plan for secondary coverage too. This is the key imo, these DBs will have their hands full but if they are able to shut down Olsen then Cam will hold the ball too long.

I agree we'll pressure Cam, but he's extremely mobile. He can buy that extra couple of seconds and allow his receivers to get some room to make a big play. I said this about the Seahawks 2 years ago, and I think it's true with the Panthers. Both teams play with a lot of emotion, I think if you can make them frustrated, it will back fire on them. It's all about turn overs though!

wayninja
01-24-2016, 10:13 PM

It's this new place called the internet.

Canmore
01-24-2016, 10:15 PM

No kidding. They got stuffed. Brady went out pouting.

BroncoWave
01-24-2016, 10:16 PM
It's this new place called the internet.

I don't know man, that sounds pretty scary.

Davii
01-24-2016, 10:16 PM

They're in the NFL.Com shop

aberdien
01-24-2016, 10:21 PM
Also at http://www.fanatics.com along with an assortment of other goodies.

CrazyHorse
01-24-2016, 10:22 PM
As long as Manning doesn't go Carson Palmer on us we should be okay. Play contain on Cam and force his receivers to beat our secondary. On offense they need to commit to the run again, if only to keep the defense honest.

wayninja
01-24-2016, 10:26 PM
While I dislike Cam, I can't drum up the same bowel-shaking rage at my opponent that I had this week.

On paper, the panthers look to bury us, but I think it will be a closer game than that. I don't think Cam has had to face anywhere near the caliber of defense that he will in the superbowl. When they do play good defenses, they aren't nearly as impressive. Look at the second half of the seattle game when the seacocks woke up. Not a single point after halftime.

As long as we do our jobs and contain Cam, he's going to feel a lot like brady, colon-sore.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-24-2016, 10:29 PM
Let the world doubt us again. We'll prove them wrong.

There's an air of destiny about this team. They will not be denied the ultimate prize.

MasterShake
01-24-2016, 10:31 PM
I like the matchup. Carolina is kind of a run first offense and their passing game is nowhere near as hard to account for as New England. That Carolina defense scares the hell out of me, though. At this point I'm done feeling doubt about this team. The fact that we are in this game defied all odds so I'm just going to enjoy it. Time to be cocky and just sit back and relish this Championship caliber defense. The formula for winning is there, and I also like that we have the experience over Carolina in the Super Bowl.

Honestly I wonder if the Broncos feel like Seattle did in 2013. I think it was Richard Sherman that said they played their Super Bowl in the NFC Championship game and the Super Bowl was just going to be fun. They were loose and fast and fearless by the time that opening snap went over Manning's head and the rest is history.

Time to shock the world and send Manning and Ware off into the sunset. I just don't see anyone doing damage to this defense.

ShaneFalco
01-24-2016, 10:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTB2BB2qpWk

Supposed to be Peyton's Destruction!

But they miscalculated!

They got it wrong!

chazoe60
01-24-2016, 10:43 PM
Do you think we'll get some Panther trolls? I remember a few years ago we played them in the regular season we had a handful of Panther trolls show up. They were pretty insufferable.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-24-2016, 10:48 PM
I'm concerned about Stewart and Ward. Gronk was a non factor until both went out. I don't know how serious their injuries are, but we need them. They QB this defense and bring the wood. Several snaps the defense looked confused after both went out. We need them for the SB.

chazoe60
01-24-2016, 10:48 PM
I think we do some more of those 3 man rush defenses this week. We did it against the Pats to guard their very good WRs(Edelman and Amendola) and their TE against the Panthers o think we do it to keep Cam's running ability in check.

wayninja
01-24-2016, 10:49 PM
I'm concerned about Stewart and Ward. Gronk was a non factor until both went out. I don't know how serious their injuries are, but we need them. They QB this defense and bring the wood. Several snaps the defense looked confused after both went out. We need them for the SB.

Greg Olsen is good, but he's no Gronk.

I Eat Staples
01-24-2016, 10:50 PM
Each week its been like that for us. I don't mind flying under the radar but the Broncos D Line WILL get to Cam. Brady was on his ass all day and I believe he has a quicker release than Cam does.

But Cam has a much, much better O-line than the trash line we faced today. And Cam actually does have a really quick release, he's come a long way as a pure passer.

It's going to be a tough game, I just hope it's not like that certain game in 2013...the excitement of having your team play in the Superbowl was just over from the 1st play. I really don't want a repeat of that. Logically, I can't expect a Broncos win, but I can definitely expect our defense to keep us in the game. And when a team is able to hang around, anything can happen.

chazoe60
01-24-2016, 10:53 PM
I really wish people would stop bringing up 2013, that team and this team are not anything alike. This defense won't give up 43 points. Hell, we may not give up a combined 43points in the entire playoffs.

Nomad
01-24-2016, 10:55 PM
BRONCOS win.

Canmore
01-24-2016, 10:59 PM
It's time to get my Super Bowl XXXII and XXXIII hats out.

BroncoBuckeye73
01-24-2016, 11:04 PM
Looking forward to this game Carolina recievers are nowhere near as good as the Steelers and Patriots. Olsen is good but he is not Gronk. Carolinas offense to me looks gimmicky based of a lot of motion and play fakes due to their decent run game. Carolina has a good D but they have only played one team that was physical as ours and Seattle was just not that physical as in the past. We are going to smack them around pretty good I think.

DenBronx
01-24-2016, 11:07 PM
Last time we played in the 2013 I was wearing my lucky Elway throwback jersey and we got blown out. I was wearing my Manning jersey today so I will wear that for the SB.

tripp
Looking forward to this game Carolina recievers are nowhere near as good as the Steelers and Patriots. Olsen is good but he is not Gronk. Carolinas offense to me looks gimmicky based of a lot of motion and play fakes due to their decent run game. Carolina has a good D but they have only played one team that was physical as ours and Seattle was just not that physical as in the past. We are going to smack them around pretty good I think.

The one thing that makes me feel at ease is that we're not favorites. I used to think I could tell whether we're going to blow a team out or not, but after that last SB loss to the Seahawks, I have no idea anymore. I definitely do have some confidence going into this game.. but I'm keeping my expectations to a minimum.

Shazam!
Hell no will the Broncos lose this one after dragging Manning all the way here!

Kubes and Wade will figure out a way!

Congrats everyone, enjoy this, it may be the last time we'll see Denver in this position in some time, and the pinnacle of our Manning era.

tripp
01-24-2016, 11:10 PM
Hell no will the Broncos lose this one after dragging Manning all the way here!

Kubes and Wade will figure out a way!

Congrats everyone, enjoy this, it may be the last time we'll see Denver in this position in some time, and the pinnacle of our Manning era.

You could be right, but I'm very optimistic with Brock after seeing him play a few games. We just have to make sure we keep this defense around for a while and then anything is possible.

chazoe60
01-24-2016, 11:10 PM
Last time we played in the 2013 I was wearing my lucky Elway throwback jersey and we got blown out. I was wearing my Manning jersey today so I will wear that for the SB.

I was wearing my Orange and Blue beanie that my wife made for me and my Orange and Blue scarf that my daughter made for me.

Tned
01-24-2016, 11:15 PM
I agree we'll pressure Cam, but he's extremely mobile. He can buy that extra couple of seconds and allow his receivers to get some room to make a big play. I said this about the Seahawks 2 years ago, and I think it's true with the Panthers. Both teams play with a lot of emotion, I think if you can make them frustrated, it will back fire on them. It's all about turn overs though!

It's not the same team that played the Seahawks. Not only are they more talented everyplace but at QB, but the Broncos had a ton of starters out. What was it, 7 starters or something like that was on injured reserve.

The Broncos have one of the greatest defenses of the modern era. They are going up against a great offense. If anything, in this SB, the Broncos are playing the role of the Seahawks and the Panthers the role of the Broncos.

wayninja
01-24-2016, 11:17 PM
Even if we lose, the Broncos have already surpassed all of my expectations. It doesn't feel like 2013 to me all, where it almost felt like a forgone conclusion that we'd win.

We are the underdogs now by a lot, and we are the defensive power.

We have everything we need to win, and if we don't so what, 8th Lamar Hunt trophy is pretty damn nice.

Canmore
01-24-2016, 11:19 PM
Even if we lose, the Broncos have already surpassed all of my expectations. It doesn't feel like 2013 to me all, where it almost felt like a forgone conclusion that we'd win.

We have everything we need to win, and if we don't so what, 8th Lamar Hunt trophy is pretty damn nice.

We need another Lombardi.

aberdien
01-24-2016, 11:19 PM

We beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship game. We've basically already won the superbowl.

tripp
01-24-2016, 11:23 PM
It's not the same team that played the Seahawks. Not only are they more talented everyplace but at QB, but the Broncos had a ton of starters out. What was it, 7 starters or something like that was on injured reserve.

The Broncos have one of the greatest defenses of the modern era. They are going up against a great offense. If anything, in this SB, the Broncos are playing the role of the Seahawks and the Panthers the role of the Broncos.

Absolutely I agree. We just have to stay humble and have a chip on our shoulder.

Poet
01-24-2016, 11:23 PM
Systematic approach:

QB - Obviously Carolina gets the edge here. Newton is the MVP of the league, Manning is limited, and Newton is almost the Overentirety of the Carolina offense.

Offensive line - Carolina gets the edge here as well. Much more consistent, although sometimes they let pressure through. Denver's line played well against the Patriots for the most part, but Carolina is the one to get the nod.

WR - Denver by a mile. Andre Caldwell is probably a better starter than some of the guys Carolina has. DT and Sander over Funchess and Ginn Jr. all day.

TE - Greg Olson might be the second best TE in the game. However, you guys have several players who can contribute. Carolina gets the nod.

RB - wash. None of the guys here are special. None of them .

Overall...Denver is at a disadvantage here...however...

Defensive line - Denver gets the nod. Star Lotuelleiaieleia and Short are really good. However Wolfe and Jackson just had a great game, Denver has more depth, and most importantly Sly Williams is really good at his job. No one seems to care, though.

LB corp - So Luke K. is the best LB in the game...next to Von Miller. DeMarcus Ware is a first ballot HoFer and is still playing in his somewhat extended prime. Thomas Davis is good. He is not good enough to break the nudge to Denver.

Secondary - Carolina basically plays cover two. That means their corners aren't actually good at football (exaggeration guys, come on). Norman is having a great year. But his career is essentially just one great year. Talib and Harris Jr, coupled with superior safeties, make this an easy nudge. Roby is also a mighty fine player. Three strong players >one player who should have won DPOTY.

Denver has the best defense in the league. This defense has no equal. Were this a traditional style of QB they were playing, I would pick Denver all day. However, I'm not sure that you guys can stop Cam Newton with as much regularity as you might need to.

The other elephant in the room is Peyton Manning's playoff performances. He's not been as bad as his 'record' implies, and he doesn't have to carry a team for ONCE in his career. But he does have a weak arm, the Panthers do play zone, which can hurt his ability to rifle the ball down the field in order to exploit the weak spot in the zone. On the other hand, knowledge is power. He might only need to make a few big plays...

Right now I have Carolina edging it out. But if Davis can't play...

Tned
01-24-2016, 11:40 PM
Nice breakdown, Keeper.

Really hard to say how the Broncos D will handle the mobile QB. There incredible speed in the front 7 could help contain Newton, or burn them if they overpursue the plays.

Good news is Wade isn't new to the NFL and has played against mobile QBs before. Hopefully, he will come up with a good defense for the duel threat that Newton is.

tripp
Thomas Davis broke his arm.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000627811/article/panthers-thomas-davis-roman-harper-injured-in-win?campaign=tw-nf-sf19583461-sf19583461

Joel
Cam's got FAR more protection and run support though. Seriously, NE* ran what, a dozen times against KC, despite leading by a LOT most of the game? Our front seven can't just pin its ears back and charge Cam, and not just because he's liable to throw a stiff arm and scamper for 30 himself (though that's another good reason.) Meanwhile, OUR line's still crap, and we couldn't even run on a D that gives up lots of runs: What will we do against the NFLs 7th best run D?

Unless Carolina believes its own hype and phones in a SB (doubtful) we'll have to play out of our minds on BOTH sides of the ball to even have a shot. Carolina's better than Seattle was; their D may not be as elite, but is still great, and probably carries chips on its own shoulders that ours finished with higher rankings in every category. Meanwhile, Cam's a far better runner AND passer than Wilson; I don't think the difference between Lynch and Stewart comparably large.

The best I can say is that if we ride that "conservative" offense everyone hates and avoid turnovers as we did the last two weeks, we can keep it close enough for the D to keep us in it so just ONE decent offensive drive could give us the upset: Basically, the gameplan against Pitt, which also had a good line, dual threat passer and potent front seven going against our crap line. If we do what everyone keeps demanding... Palmer lost two fumbles and FIVE Ints; even though Carolina only scored on ONE of them, Arizona didn't score on ANY of them. Statistically, giving up the ball 7 times gave up 28 Expected Points, without which the final would've been 21-15. That's still a winning Panthers score, but a close enough game that last gasp drive of Arizonas would've had a chance to win it.

NightTerror218
01-24-2016, 11:43 PM
Systematic approach:

QB - Obviously Carolina gets the edge here. Newton is the MVP of the league, Manning is limited, and Newton is almost the Overentirety of the Carolina offense.

Offensive line - Carolina gets the edge here as well. Much more consistent, although sometimes they let pressure through. Denver's line played well against the Patriots for the most part, but Carolina is the one to get the nod.

WR - Denver by a mile. Andre Caldwell is probably a better starter than some of the guys Carolina has. DT and Sander over Funchess and Ginn Jr. all day.

TE - Greg Olson might be the second best TE in the game. However, you guys have several players who can contribute. Carolina gets the nod.

RB - wash. None of the guys here are special. None of them .

Overall...Denver is at a disadvantage here...however...

Defensive line - Denver gets the nod. Star Lotuelleiaieleia and Short are really good. However Wolfe and Jackson just had a great game, Denver has more depth, and most importantly Sly Williams is really good at his job. No one seems to care, though.

LB corp - So Luke K. is the best LB in the game...next to Von Miller. DeMarcus Ware is a first ballot HoFer and is still playing in his somewhat extended prime. Thomas Davis is good. He is not good enough to break the nudge to Denver.

Secondary - Carolina basically plays cover two. That means their corners aren't actually good at football (exaggeration guys, come on). Norman is having a great year. But his career is essentially just one great year. Talib and Harris Jr, coupled with superior safeties, make this an easy nudge. Roby is also a mighty fine player. Three strong players >one player who should have won DPOTY.

Denver has the best defense in the league. This defense has no equal. Were this a traditional style of QB they were playing, I would pick Denver all day. However, I'm not sure that you guys can stop Cam Newton with as much regularity as you might need to.

The other elephant in the room is Peyton Manning's playoff performances. He's not been as bad as his 'record' implies, and he doesn't have to carry a team for ONCE in his career. But he does have a weak arm, the Panthers do play zone, which can hurt his ability to rifle the ball down the field in order to exploit the weak spot in the zone. On the other hand, knowledge is power. He might only need to make a few big plays...

Right now I have Carolina edging it out. But if Davis can't play...

Carolina depends on ground game for offense. Lots of zone reads, QB draws, jet sweeps and building off run game for passing game.

Cam is the offense but forcing him to remain in pocket and read the defense in a shrinking pocket will be where he remains. Denver is the quickest defense and has kept mobile QBs in check.

I have to give Denver the nod in a clean mistake free game. With Manning you can't turn your back on what he can do since he is healthier. If Carolina comes into the game with jitters too and makes mistakes.

tripp
01-24-2016, 11:46 PM
Carolina depends on ground game for offense. Lots of zone reads, QB draws, jet sweeps and building off run game for passing game.

Cam is the offense but forcing him to remain in pocket and read the defense in a shrinking pocket will be where he remains. Denver is the quickest defense and has kept mobile QBs in check.

I have to give Denver the nod in a clean mistake free game. With Manning you can't turn your back on what he can do since he is healthier. If Carolina comes into the game with jitters too and makes mistakes.

Good point about SB jitters.

Most guys on the Broncos have been here before, they know the drill. Stage won't be as big for them. I think we can create some turn overs if we keep Cam in the pocket and make him force some throws. He has a cannon of an arm though, nothing seems too far with his arm.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-24-2016, 11:50 PM
I worry about Newton's mobility. That's why I was really hoping the cards would win. We could've ate Palmer's lunch just like Brady's. Cam is a different animal to sack.

Joel
01-25-2016, 12:01 AM
Good point about SB jitters.

Most guys on the Broncos have been here before, they know the drill. Stage won't be as big for them. I think we can create some turn overs if we keep Cam in the pocket and make him force some throws. He has a cannon of an arm though, nothing seems too far with his arm.
This is what I'm hoping: Carolina came into this season with ONE playoff win in the Rivera era (and that was against last years Cardinals, the ones that were in the drivers seat till Palmer got hurt and wound up just trying to get through the wildcard with their 3rd QB so Palmer could return in the divisional game they never reached.) All the hype, the commanding win today, and being the heavy favorite against a team that's had to gut out EVERY win all year plays into that.

The post-game locker room after they jumped out to a 31-0 lead only to wind up having to hang on just to avoid OT at home plays against it. I spent 2013s SB bye hoping against hope that a better team with virtually NO postseason experience would crack under the pressure; turns out WE did. I don't expect that to happen to us again since 1) most of our guys were in that game and 2) Kubiak don't play no "Not Too Shabby" aw, shucks Foxball, but don't expect Carolina phones in a SB.

I worry about Newton's mobility. That's why I was really hoping the cards would win. We could've ate Palmer's lunch just like Brady's. Cam is a different animal to sack.
As others have noted, we've played mobile QBs both this year and previous ones, and usually done OK. Hell, we play Alex Smith twice EVERY year, and faced Wilson thrice in the last two (just not last year) without any of them every really going off on us. Ben hasn't either, despite many chances. They get some rushing yards, because it's hard to limit those guys to NOTHING, but none of them's really EVER done much better than "dual threat" Brady or Manning did today.

Joel
01-25-2016, 12:01 AM
While I dislike Cam, I can't drum up the same bowel-shaking rage at my opponent that I had this week.

On paper, the panthers look to bury us, but I think it will be a closer game than that. I don't think Cam has had to face anywhere near the caliber of defense that he will in the superbowl. When they do play good defenses, they aren't nearly as impressive. Look at the second half of the seattle game when the seacocks woke up. Not a single point after halftime.

As long as we do our jobs and contain Cam, he's going to feel a lot like brady, colon-sore.
Dude, they were up 31-0 and figured they could just coast to hosting the NFCCG on THEIR D. Were they right? Just because they BLEW OUT THE TWO-TIME DEFENDING NFC CHAMPS before pulling up to rest starters and prevent injury let Seattle make it respectable doesn't prove anything except that Carolina was good enough to give a potent team 24 unanswered points and STILL win by a TD.

I really wish people would stop bringing up 2013, that team and this team are not anything alike. This defense won't give up 43 points. Hell, we may not give up a combined 43points in the entire playoffs.
THAT D didn't give up 43 pts: Our OFFENSE spotted Seattle a safety, then a short field good for a FG, then a three-and-out and ANOTHER short field good for a FG, then an Int and a THIRD short field that only scored a TD because an imaginary end zone PI on a 3rd down incomplete gave Seattle 1st and G at our 1, then a pick-six: 22-0, and how much of that was our Ds fault? Then we let them run the second half kick back for 29-0 and it stopped mattering what the D did or didn't (answer: Gave up 14 pts all-game when our offense didn't put its butts to our goal line.)

Now: Is THIS offense better than 2013s? The line sure as Hell isn't, hence the run support and pass protection's as bad as or WORSE. Seattles D was better than Carolinas, but not by much, and their #2 ranked offense is WAY better than Seattles. We're good against both run and pass, but will have to be, because Carolina's ALSO good at both, thanks to a very good line: Their genuine dual threat is just a bonus. A very dangerous, potent, bonus.

wayninja
01-25-2016, 12:05 AM
Dude, they were up 31-0 and figured they could just coast to hosting the NFCCG on THEIR D. Were they right? Just because they BLEW OUT THE TWO-TIME DEFENDING NFC CHAMPS before pulling up to rest starters and prevent injury let Seattle make it respectable doesn't prove anything except that Carolina was good enough to give a potent team 24 unanswered points and STILL win by a TD.

So, your argument is that they are a good team because they gave up 24 unanswered points. It's laughable to think that's how they scripted it.

OrangeHoof
01-25-2016, 12:28 AM

The price for those will go way down once the official "Denver Broncos Super Bowl 50 Champions" caps go on sale. Patience, dear boy.

Poet
01-25-2016, 12:38 AM
Nice breakdown, Keeper.

Really hard to say how the Broncos D will handle the mobile QB. There incredible speed in the front 7 could help contain Newton, or burn them if they overpursue the plays.

Good news is Wade isn't new to the NFL and has played against mobile QBs before. Hopefully, he will come up with a good defense for the duel threat that Newton is.

Big Ben was in a way, a warmup for your team. On one hand, Roeth is bigger, on the other, Newton is much faster. Newton is the harder guy to get down, so it was really a warmup.

I suspect Wade will coach the team a lot on discipline, recognition, and containment.

NightTerror218
01-25-2016, 12:41 AM
Big Ben was in a way, a warmup for your team. On one hand, Roeth is bigger, on the other, Newton is much faster. Newton is the harder guy to get down, so it was really a warmup.

I suspect Wade will coach the team a lot on discipline, recognition, and containment.

Preseason against Wilson was nice. Runners hold onto the ball a few seconds longer, our defense is quick and relentless.

Miller has been great about tracking mobile QB. Remember ware chasing wilson?

Poet
01-25-2016, 12:43 AM
Preseason against Wilson was nice. Runners hold onto the ball a few seconds longer, our defense is quick and relentless.

Newton is a cross between Big Ben and Wilson. It's going to be tough. But your defense hasn't failed once, and it's a great unit. You SHOULD be confident. But Newton just had the best year a mobile QB has ever had. It's a heavyweight fight. Both sides are SUPPOSED to be dope.

OrangeHoof
01-25-2016, 12:48 AM
I think the experience factor will count a lot. Many of our key guys have been there before. But let's make sure Peyton holds onto the opening snap.

CrazyHorse
01-25-2016, 12:52 AM
I think we'll see more blitzing against the Panthers. Cam isn't Brady. Have Miller play spy, play run contain on the edges, and mix in some timed blitzes.

NightTerror218
01-25-2016, 12:57 AM
I think we'll see more blitzing against the Panthers. Cam isn't Brady. Have Miller play spy, play run contain on the edges, and mix in some timed blitzes.

Brady got out of 4 or more sacks with quick throws at feet of people. I am not sure any other QB does that sound well.

chazoe60
01-25-2016, 01:06 AM
Is Peyton the first QB to go to 4 SBs with 4 different HCs? He has to be. That alone is impressive.

underrated29
01-25-2016, 01:29 AM
I don't think we can play cam like we did Brady.

I would rush 4 or 5 every time and have a spy on cam, Trev should be able to do that. We can play man from there and drop to in the box.....id do it all game, our corners can lock down their wr. Talib should handle Olsen, that means we can get 5 on 5 and or in other words 1 on 1 and our guys should win that every time, with the spy over the top.

Cam will throw some balls up for grabs and the corners should be able to make the plays. The safety dropping down into the box will stuff their run.

They are built on the run. We shut it down, we shut them down. Load the line and the box! Exact opposite of how we played Brady. Play like we did Brady and they will run all over us and it'll be a long disasterous day.

Their defense is what worries me. Not sure how to attack it yet. I feel like bubble screens (I know) and quick slants may be our key. I'll know more after I watch the game,e......I had a hockey ga,e and didn't see the panthers game.

Timmy!
01-25-2016, 03:21 AM
Carolina is (obviously) no bullshit. However, I will say this: they are not as battle tested as Denver, and I honestly don't think as mentally tough. If, and I do mean if, Denver can get out to a lead + punch them in the mouth I honestly think they will crack...bad. Carolina hasnt needed comebacks, they have crushed out of the gates all year. They have no Superbowl experience, and no experience playing from behind.....they win the world title of selfies and dancing and all millennial crap. We win dog fights. If we don't turn it over we win.

Jaws
01-25-2016, 04:10 AM
Fun fortnight ahead!

VonDoom
01-25-2016, 07:26 AM
Carolina is (obviously) no bullshit. However, I will say this: they are not as battle tested as Denver, and I honestly don't think as mentally tough. If, and I do mean if, Denver can get out to a lead + punch them in the mouth I honestly think they will crack...bad. Carolina hasnt needed comebacks, they have crushed out of the gates all year. They have no Superbowl experience, and no experience playing from behind.....they win the world title of selfies and dancing and all millennial crap. We win dog fights. If we don't turn it over we win.

I haven't looked that closely at all their games, but this is kind of what I'm thinking. We've got a team that is battle tested, a team that has been there recently so all the glitz and glamour of Super Bowl week won't affect them, a team that has relished being an underdog all year (we're getting 3.5, as of now). Carolina is a lot like Seattle from 2013 - hell, they built their team to BE that team. It will be a completely different game plan than what we had yesterday but I trust Kubiak and Wade to figure it out.

I also wouldn't put too much stock in what you saw from them yesterday. Yes, they looked dominant but that was Carson Palmer in full playoff meltdown mode. Don't fall for recency bias. It will be a tough game, maybe the toughest of the year, but you have to look at their full body of work and not just a big title game win.

BroncoJoe
01-25-2016, 08:07 AM
They sure look impressive, but I looked to see who they've played this year. Not too impressive...

TXBRONC
01-25-2016, 08:13 AM

One of Denver's own said he would be shocked if Denver won the game.

TXBRONC
01-25-2016, 08:15 AM
Denver- 100
Carolina- 0

Have you dipping int Shane's weed? :D

olathebroncofan
01-25-2016, 08:18 AM
I look at that list, and see 13 out of 18 games were played against cakes.

Hopefully wade and company ate looking at what happened during the two Seattle games, the saints and the Giants.

Should be a lively 2 weeks.

TXBRONC
01-25-2016, 08:21 AM
I like the matchup. Carolina is kind of a run first offense and their passing game is nowhere near as hard to account for as New England. That Carolina defense scares the hell out of me, though. At this point I'm done feeling doubt about this team. The fact that we are in this game defied all odds so I'm just going to enjoy it. Time to be cocky and just sit back and relish this Championship caliber defense. The formula for winning is there, and I also like that we have the experience over Carolina in the Super Bowl.

Honestly I wonder if the Broncos feel like Seattle did in 2013. I think it was Richard Sherman that said they played their Super Bowl in the NFC Championship game and the Super Bowl was just going to be fun. They were loose and fast and fearless by the time that opening snap went over Manning's head and the rest is history.

Time to shock the world and send Manning and Ware off into the sunset. I just don't see anyone doing damage to this defense.

Yeah what they do is beat the chocolate out of their opponents. The Panthers won big to be sure but I have very hard time seeing this game being a repeat of Denver last visit to the Super Bowl.

Dzone
01-25-2016, 09:02 AM
Expect to see a lot of this in super bowl 50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ktt2fivInc

Dzone
01-25-2016, 09:05 AM
I forget the exact stat about teams that win by 30 or more points in conference championships, but I think they are like 2-3 in super bowls.

CoachChaz
01-25-2016, 09:43 AM
Manning just has to play better than Wilson and Palmer did the last 2 weeks. Getting 6 interceptions and 8 turnovers in 2 playoff games will help a team look better than they are.

EastCoastBronco
01-25-2016, 09:50 AM
Every time I have a little bit of doubt in our defence, they prove me wrong and make me feel stupid for it.
What that crew did to Brady yesterday was domination in its purest form.
They were relentless in every sense of the word.
The Panthers have not faced anything like the buzz saw that Phillips is planning for them.

Carolina's defence is nothing to be taken lightly either (Keuchly is a freak of nature) but if our offence can take care of the ball like they did yesterday (I'm not counting that foolish lateral) then we have a legitimate shot at this thing.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-25-2016, 09:52 AM
Manning just has to play better than Wilson and Palmer did the last 2 weeks. Getting 6 interceptions and 8 turnovers in 2 playoff games will help a team look better than they are.

Very important point. The Panthers have had the luxury of having two possession leads early in both games... it will be interesting to see how they react to adversity.

7DnBrnc53
01-25-2016, 09:57 AM
You know, I think that this is Denver's year.

Carolina is good, but this team has overachieved somewhat. Guys like Norman, Ginn, and Kurt Coleman are having career years, but they weren't that great before.

I believe in Wade Phillips, and he will put together a good scheme that will shut this offense down.

CoachChaz
01-25-2016, 10:00 AM
It will be a different game for sure. Two years ago, the plan was to go in and try to outscore Seattle and their tough defense. It had to be that way because that's who we were. Now we are a much more conservative team that relies on a stellar defense. Win or lose, it will likely be a game that comes down to the wire...as usual

VonDoom
01-25-2016, 10:45 AM
Andy Benoit has an article up on how the Panthers might try to stop our relentless onslaught of pass rushers:

Using a max protection against a four-man rush can be perilous because it leaves seven defenders guarding the remaining three eligible receivers. (These seven-on-three advantages are what the Giants used to capitalize on with their NASCAR pass rush.) In the Broncos’ case, it’s extra valuable because they play so much man coverage. Ask yourself: When the Panthers go max protection, what happens with the man defenders who are assigned to the No. 2 tight end and running back? In Denver’s scheme, this is generally linebackers Danny Trevathan and Brandon Marshall. If the tight end and back stay in as blockers, Trevathan and Marshall, instead of just standing and watching, could blitz. (In football parlance, this is known as a “green dog blitz”—the Broncos do it often.) Or when the tight end and back block, Trevathan and Marshall could spy Newton, eliminating the quarterback’s scrambles. That would force Newton to stay in the pocket that Ware and Miller are collapsing. Newton would surely have to hold the ball here because not only would there be two linebackers eyeing him underneath, but there’d also be two safeties playing over the top. That’s in addition to three superb corners— Chris Harris, Aqib Talib and Bradley Roby—shadowing the wide receivers.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/25/nfl-denver-broncos-carolina-panthers-super-bowl-50-ultimate-mismatch

NightTerror218
01-25-2016, 11:08 AM
I don't think we can play cam like we did Brady.

I would rush 4 or 5 every time and have a spy on cam, Trev should be able to do that. We can play man from there and drop to in the box.....id do it all game, our corners can lock down their wr. Talib should handle Olsen, that means we can get 5 on 5 and or in other words 1 on 1 and our guys should win that every time, with the spy over the top.

Cam will throw some balls up for grabs and the corners should be able to make the plays. The safety dropping down into the box will stuff their run.

They are built on the run. We shut it down, we shut them down. Load the line and the box! Exact opposite of how we played Brady. Play like we did Brady and they will run all over us and it'll be a long disasterous day.

Their defense is what worries me. Not sure how to attack it yet. I feel like bubble screens (I know) and quick slants may be our key. I'll know more after I watch the game,e......I had a hockey ga,e and didn't see the panthers game.

Miller and ware are amazing against the run they should contain his edge runs. I hear you on a spy and also run support.

Stop they run like ATL and this will change the game.

EastCoastBronco
01-25-2016, 12:02 PM
Just whipped this up for all those who wish to pledge allegiance...;-)

VonDoom
01-25-2016, 12:35 PM
Amy Trask Verified account
‏@AmyTrask

So much talk importance of consistency - think about this: Manning has had 5 head coaches, gone to SBs with 4. Surmounted that challenge.

Tned
01-25-2016, 01:09 PM

I'll admit to having not watched the Panthers much, other than bits on Redzone over the season. What I "think" I know of them is that they don't have much in the way of receiving threats beyond Olsen (who is a beast) and maybe Gin. So, I would think that Wade would have one of our fast linebackers spying Newton, while playing man (his preference anyway) in the secondary. Our great pass rush and great secondary, should allow him to burn a fast LB spying Newton.

Now, they might not go the old spy route (even though that's what I suspect) and instead try and focus on discipline and not over pursuing, and containing Cam in the pocket that way, but I think that flies in the face of the aggressive, crashing defense that Wade likes to play, so I think it's spy Cam and try and keep him behind the LOS.

NightTerror218
01-25-2016, 01:32 PM
I'll admit to having not watched the Panthers much, other than bits on Redzone over the season. What I "think" I know of them is that they don't have much in the way of receiving threats beyond Olsen (who is a beast) and maybe Gin. So, I would think that Wade would have one of our fast linebackers spying Newton, while playing man (his preference anyway) in the secondary. Our great pass rush and great secondary, should allow him to burn a fast LB spying Newton.

Now, they might not go the old spy route (even though that's what I suspect) and instead try and focus on discipline and not over pursuing, and containing Cam in the pocket that way, but I think that flies in the face of the aggressive, crashing defense that Wade likes to play, so I think it's spy Cam and try and keep him behind the LOS.

Denver has to keep them in 3rd and long. Cam has been used stop able in 3rd and short and in red zone.

WR are fast though and willing blockers. If you watch the NFC championship game. Gin had a 28 yard Rushing TD where he ran all around the field, traversed a crossed it and was getting blocks from all over.

Nomad
01-25-2016, 01:44 PM
This is going to be a long 2 weeks.

BRONCOS gonna shock the Panthers throwing the first punch, and never letting up. Another Monday morning where the football world gives Denver no chance.

I Eat Staples
01-25-2016, 01:54 PM
They sure look impressive, but I looked to see who they've played this year. Not too impressive...

I think that's pretty much the case with every team in the NFL this year. There just weren't many good teams. These 4 teams in the championship games, and maybe Seattle, were the only real contenders.

wayninja
01-25-2016, 02:00 PM
I think that's pretty much the case with every team in the NFL this year. There just weren't many good teams. These 4 teams in the championship games, and maybe Seattle, were the only real contenders.

Carolina easily outclasses every team in the NFC. The AFC was much tighter.

I Eat Staples
01-25-2016, 02:09 PM
Carolina easily outclasses every team in the NFC. The AFC was much tighter.

Arizona also had a better record than any AFC team.

I guess I should include Cincy as a contender before Dalton went down though, and the Steelers could have been legit if they could have ever stayed healthy, but they never were all season.

AFC was tighter, sure, but the NFC was much better.

spikerman
01-25-2016, 02:11 PM
Don't turn the ball over and stop the run and I think Denver wins another close one.

weazel
01-25-2016, 02:19 PM
27 Denver 24 Carolina

I dont see the Broncos scoring 27 points

Nomad
01-25-2016, 02:23 PM

Remember.....this Manning lead offense has been playing possum, and the drops have been part of the plan. No more playing possum, and the Panthers will be the victim. :D

Poet
01-25-2016, 02:25 PM
Davis being out is huge.

Northman
01-25-2016, 02:25 PM

Denver 17, Carolina 14

NightTrainLayne
01-25-2016, 02:32 PM

I'd sure look awfully closely at that last Atlanta game. They figured something out to hold them to 13 points.

wayninja
01-25-2016, 02:41 PM
Davis being out is huge.

Rivera seemed optimistic that he'd be ok to go. I have no idea how that can be, but I guess we'll see.

Poet
01-25-2016, 02:42 PM
Rivera seemed optimistic that he'd be ok to go. I have no idea how that can be, but I guess we'll see.

I suppose that he could play with a cast?

Tned
01-25-2016, 02:46 PM

He had surgery first thing this morning in hopes of being able to play. As it was a clean break of a single bone, it isn't unprecedented to play. They will put a plate in and cast him, and then it's a pain tolerance thing.

All indications are he will play.

wayninja
01-25-2016, 02:48 PM
Is a good player with a cast better than the next man up?

It's still interesting even if he plays. He definitely won't be 100%.

Poet
01-25-2016, 02:50 PM
He had surgery first thing this morning in hopes of being able to play. As it was a clean break of a single bone, it isn't unprecedented to play. They will put a plate in and cast him, and then it's a pain tolerance thing.

All indications are he will play.

Interesting.

NightTerror218
01-25-2016, 02:50 PM
I'd sure look awfully closely at that last Atlanta game. They figured something out to hold them to 13 points.

No Stewart that game. Had no ground game.

TXBRONC
01-25-2016, 02:53 PM
Davis being out is huge.

Davis says he's going to play. It might be bluster but we'll see what happens.

NightTerror218
01-25-2016, 02:56 PM
Davis says he's going to play. It might be bluster but we'll see what happens.

He will play but with a cast I doubt he can int the ball or wrap up well.

VonDoom
01-25-2016, 03:03 PM
He will play but with a cast I doubt he can int the ball or wrap up well.

Even JJ Watt looked mortal when he had to play wearing a cast for a few weeks this year.

CrazyHorse
01-25-2016, 03:04 PM
the biggest thing that worries me is the offensive line and how it will hold up. Anyone else have that concern? It was a problem 2 years ago against the Seahawks and has been an ongoing issue this year. Maybe we'll see a lot of max protect and 2 TE formations.

Magnificent Seven
01-25-2016, 03:29 PM
So what do you guys think? This Panthers team looks pretty damn unstoppable, but our guys are relishing the underdog role. Really looking forward to this game. Just hope it goes a little better than the one two years ago. :lol:

Arizona Cardinals' defense is not that good. Panthers had an easy game against Cardinals' defense.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-25-2016, 03:43 PM
Kubiak: Panthers a 'different look' than Patriots
Head Coach Gary Kubiak talks about getting ready for the Super Bowl and the challenges of facing Cam Newton and the Panthers.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Kubiak-Panthers-a-different-look-than-Patriots/c193662a-62c4-4532-add6-0447d9218d4f

Kubes talking this morning

MileHighCrew
01-25-2016, 03:55 PM
Broncos win 24-17!!!!! GO BRONCOS

tripp
01-25-2016, 04:19 PM

I get Davis will be able to read offenses better than a back up even with a cast on, but how can he justify to his back up that he'll be able to tackle better than him? I think he's a detriment to his team if he plays with a cast on. JJ Watt played with a cast on and was not nearly as effective.

tripp
01-25-2016, 04:22 PM
Arizona Cardinals' defense is not that good. Panthers had an easy game against Cardinals' defense.

I'm disappointed in AZ for the effort they put in last night. Nothing really went their way. Peterson's gaff attempted punt return which he bobbled and then fumbled. Just trying to do too much. Carson Palmer just threw up passes towards the end of the game, I believe they fumbled once as well. Carolina had a 87 yard TD pass with the help of some terrible tackling. Pick 6. I dunno... shouldn't of been 49, but not gonna blame Carolina for that haha. AZ just did everything they could to allow Carolina to score it seemed.

Nomad
01-25-2016, 04:39 PM
I'm disappointed in AZ for the effort they put in last night. Nothing really went their way. Peterson's gaff attempted punt return which he bobbled and then fumbled. Just trying to do too much. Carson Palmer just threw up passes towards the end of the game, I believe they fumbled once as well. Carolina had a 87 yard TD pass with the help of some terrible tackling. Pick 6. I dunno... shouldn't of been 49, but not gonna blame Carolina for that haha. AZ just did everything they could to allow Carolina to score it seemed.

Yeah....Arizona was a no show. I believe this game will make the Panthers overconfident. Im not saying it won't be tough game, but the BRONCOS are not going to be Arizona. if Seattle had 5 more minutes in the divisional game, it would be a rematch of the Seahawks & BRONCOS.

tripp
01-25-2016, 04:42 PM
Yeah....Arizona was a no show. I believe this game will make the Panthers overconfident. Im not saying it won't be tough game, but the BRONCOS are not going to be Arizona. if Seattle had 5 more minutes in the divisional game, it would be a rematch of the Seahawks & BRONCOS.

Yeah, was thinking that too everytime Carolina scored. Kept thinking "keep boosting that ego and building that confidence up". It goes both ways, could help, could hurt them.

Broncos play a different game from Arizona, we're a do everything you can not to turn the ball over - let Carolina earn their points. I expect it to be a good, and CLOSE game.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-25-2016, 04:42 PM

That was partly due to the fact that Carolina went ultra conservative and took their foot off the gas, something they've had a bad habit of doing all season long and have gotten away with.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-25-2016, 04:45 PM

I was watching ESPN and/or NFL Network last night, and when listening to some of the Panther players talk, it appears some are very young. I am hoping that affects them, where they might have a somewhat "party" mentality, rather than a serious mentality. Hope that makes sense.

Nomad
01-25-2016, 04:45 PM
I believe the only time we've seen the BRONCOS put their foot on the gas was against the Packers. There is no reason for the BRONCOS to come into this game conservative. Of course, they have to play smart football and not turn the ball over. I believe we'll see that same BRONCOS team in the Superbowl, and shock the Panthers.

Nomad
01-25-2016, 04:47 PM
I was watching ESPN and/or NFL Network last night, and when listening to some of the Panther players talk, it appears some are very young. I am hoping that affects them, where they might take a somewhat "party" mentality, rather than a serious mentality. Hope that makes sense.

True! One thing I do like about the Panthers is, they have fun playing the game, and they love their fans. I hope there is a lot of Orange in the seats come Feb 7th.

tripp
01-25-2016, 04:48 PM
I was watching ESPN and/or NFL Network last night, and when listening to some of the Panther players talk, it appears some are very young. I am hoping that affects them, where they might have a somewhat "party" mentality, rather than a serious mentality. Hope that makes sense.

Thought the same thing about the Seahawks...

Denver Native (Carol)
01-25-2016, 04:49 PM
DENVER -- As the Broncos take three days to catch their breath and handle preparations for the non-football and logistical aspects of Super Bowl 50, they will also closely monitor the state of their battered secondary.

Cornerback Chris Harris Jr. and safeties T.J. Ward and Darian Stewart all expect to play against the Carolina Panthers at Levi's Stadium on Feb. 7, but will spend plenty of time in rehabilitation.

Ward and Stewart succumbed to ankle and knee injuries during the second half of Sunday's 20-18 AFC Championship win over the New England Patriots. Although both were healthy enough to stay on the sideline for the remainder of the game, neither could return to action, leaving Josh Bush and Shiloh Keo to play the rest of the way.

"I just got rolled up on," Stewart said of his right knee injury. "A lineman fell on my leg and it just hurt. It's something that's going to take rehab, but I'll be back in two weeks."

Ward suffered an ankle injury that he attempted to walk off on the sideline, but he knew he wasn't ready to go.

"I would have done more harm than help," Ward said. "I wasn't going to do that."

Both vowed to play in Santa Clara.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-primesport/Injury-Update-Darian-Stewart-TJ-Ward-vow-to-return-for-Super-Bowl/63646b45-a1bc-4df5-96e1-23489b61c6f3

chazoe60
01-25-2016, 04:55 PM
The Panthers MB is all cocky. They are all saying that they are going to crush us easy. I guess we will see.

Nomad
01-25-2016, 05:01 PM
The Panthers MB is all cocky. They are all saying that they are going to crush us easy. I guess we will see.

It's easy being a keyboard warrior.:D I have the upmost respect for this Panthers team and impressed what Riveria has done....they're good on all phases, have a great fanbase, fun defense to watch, Cam has grown up since being drafted, and they love their fans. But the BRONCOS are gonna grind it out, and come out with the win. As Von said, "the BRONCOS are gonna put their hardhats on".

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-25-2016, 05:07 PM
My concern is the Panthers are a much more balanced team than Denver is. They averaged 32ppg this year. Between Newton, Stewart and Olsen I am expecting them to make plays.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-25-2016, 05:09 PM
My concern is the Panthers are a much more balanced team than Denver is. They averaged 32ppg this year. Between Newton, Stewart and Olsen I am expecting them to make plays.

But look at the defense they will be playing against

Denver Native (Carol)
01-25-2016, 05:18 PM
Not sure if this has been posted, but the Broncos will be practicing at Stanford

from an article:

The Super Bowl 50 Host Committee confirmed Thursday that during the week before the game is played at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, one team will practice at San Jose State and be headquartered at San Jose's downtown Marriott Hotel while the other team will lodge at the Santa Clara Marriott Hotel and practice at Stanford University.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_28205263/super-bowl-50-teams-will-practice-san-jose

The Glue Factory
01-25-2016, 05:19 PM

Consider their opposition. How many quality teams did they blow out?

tripp
01-25-2016, 05:20 PM

It's easy to see it that way when Carson Palmer throws 4 interceptions, and fumbled twice. Carolina's defense was gifted 4 interceptions that you or I could make. Peterson fumbled the football on their 40 yard line. At some point as a fan, you have to say to yourself, maybe Arizona shot themselves in the foot and it wasn't so much us, as it was them.

Rather battle our way to the SB then win like that. We're battle tested.

Nomad
01-25-2016, 05:22 PM

We heard the same thing coming into the Patriots game, only difference and what I consider a BRONCOS weakness, Newton is a running QB.

weazel
01-25-2016, 05:24 PM

I was sitting in my house when they got blown out by Seattle, I burned it down.

tripp
01-25-2016, 05:24 PM
We heard the same thing coming into the Patriots game, only difference and what I consider a BRONCOS weakness, Newton is a running QB.

I've been dying to re-watch the game we played them a few years ago in Carolina. To see how we played them in that game. I hope the coaches are looking at that game.

Nomad
01-25-2016, 05:25 PM
I was sitting in my house when they got blown out by Seattle, I burned it down.

Funny!

The Glue Factory
01-25-2016, 05:26 PM

The Splats* have more post-season experience than the Carolina Kittens. It's going to be a long day for Carolina. As others have said, we've faced mobile QBs this year and fared well against them.

Nomad
01-25-2016, 05:30 PM
What do you all think of Clete Blackman? He and his crew will be calling the game.

VonDoom?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-25-2016, 05:34 PM
What do you all think of Clete Blackman? He and his crew will be calling the game.

VonDoom?

He is the head referee. Only one ref from his regular crew will be there.

http://www.footballzebras.com/2016/01/20/clete-blakeman-is-referee-for-super-bowl-50/

tripp
01-25-2016, 05:50 PM
This is completely irrelevant because this was 3 years ago.

I was just looking at the last time we played Carolina. Where we won 36 - 14.

Peyton Manning, 1 TD for 301 yards. Zero INT's.

Cam Newton 2 TD's for 241 yards. 2 INT's.

Greg Olsen tore it up with 9 receptions for 102 yards and 2 TD's.

Stewart only had 31 yards rushing.

2nd best receiver in terms of receiving that game was Mike Tolbert for 34 yards.

We limited Cam Newton to 4 rushing attempts for 7 yards.

Von Miller once again, terrorized offenses. This time with a sack, forced fumble, and 6 tackles.

We didn't rush the ball well this game.

Ronnie Hillman didnt have an overly impressive performance outside of a 5 yard rushing TD. 5 rushing attempts for 5 yards lol.

Trindon Holliday returned a punt for a TD. Man Trindon tore it up that year for punt returns, a mini Dante Hall.

Tony Carter had a pick 6. And Rahim Moore had an INT.

Looked like our defense came to play that game as we also had a safety as well.

Again, all this stuff is totally irrelevant. But it's interesting to see how we played them before. A lot of things are similar though. Same Head coach, same key players, (Newton, Olsen, Tolbert, Stewart, Kuechly) lost a few good players (Hardy, Steve Smith). Norman was a decent corner till this year he stepped his game up big time.

I'm not sure what sling shotted them into this juggernaut of a team over an off-season, but something worked. Maybe Cam matured, maybe they got a new OC?

Anyway, have a look if you want.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012111100/2012/REG10/broncos@panthers?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gam einfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap2000000095720&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore

wayninja
01-25-2016, 06:06 PM
This is completely irrelevant because this was 3 years ago.

I was just looking at the last time we played Carolina. Where we won 36 - 14.

Peyton Manning, 1 TD for 301 yards. Zero INT's.

Cam Newton 2 TD's for 241 yards. 2 INT's.

Greg Olsen tore it up with 9 receptions for 102 yards and 2 TD's.

Stewart only had 31 yards rushing.

2nd best receiver in terms of receiving that game was Mike Tolbert for 34 yards.

We limited Cam Newton to 4 rushing attempts for 7 yards.

Von Miller once again, terrorized offenses. This time with a sack, forced fumble, and 6 tackles.

We didn't rush the ball well this game.

Ronnie Hillman didnt have an overly impressive performance outside of a 5 yard rushing TD. 5 rushing attempts for 5 yards lol.

Trindon Holliday returned a punt for a TD. Man Trindon tore it up that year for punt returns, a mini Dante Hall.

Tony Carter had a pick 6. And Rahim Moore had an INT.

Looked like our defense came to play that game as we also had a safety as well.

Again, all this stuff is totally irrelevant. But it's interesting to see how we played them before. A lot of things are similar though. Same Head coach, same key players, (Newton, Olsen, Tolbert, Stewart, Kuechly) lost a few good players (Hardy, Steve Smith). Norman was a decent corner till this year he stepped his game up big time.

I'm not sure what sling shotted them into this juggernaut of a team over an off-season, but something worked. Maybe Cam matured, maybe they got a new OC?

Anyway, have a look if you want.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012111100/2012/REG10/broncos@panthers?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gam einfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap2000000095720&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore

Interesting, but you are right, that was a young team that has steadily matured and gotten better. They are definitely not the same despite some key players.

Having said that, if Miller can be in the backfield that often getting newton to make bad decisions, that would give us a shot.

VonDoom
01-25-2016, 06:55 PM

VonDoom?

I think Blakeman is alright. I can't remember him screwing anything up in a Bronco game, which is usually the only time I would remember a ref

spikerman
01-25-2016, 07:04 PM
He is the head referee. Only one ref from his regular crew will be there.

http://www.footballzebras.com/2016/01/20/clete-blakeman-is-referee-for-super-bowl-50/
Scott Edwads evaluated me at a clinic a couple of years ago. Nice dude.

VonDoom
01-25-2016, 07:06 PM
Broncos will indeed wear their white uniforms for the Super Bowl. Interesting (at least to me)

wayninja
01-25-2016, 07:08 PM
Scott Edwads evaluated me at a clinic a couple of years ago. Nice dude.

Can you show us on the doll where he evaluated you?

LawDog
01-25-2016, 07:19 PM

Atlanta had the advantage of having been shellacked 38-0 just two weeks prior. Classic divisional trap game for Carolina.

spikerman
01-25-2016, 07:24 PM
Can you show us on the doll where he evaluated you?
That's confidential.

tripp
01-25-2016, 07:40 PM
Broncos will indeed wear their white uniforms for the Super Bowl. Interesting (at least to me)

LOVE IT!

Believe it or not, but interesting none the less. 0-3 in SB wearing Orange. Panthers 0-2 in playoffs wearing black.

If nothing else, mind games.

Nomad
01-25-2016, 07:56 PM
I think Blakeman is alright. I can't remember him screwing anything up in a Bronco game, which is usually the only time I would remember a ref

I referred to you because you know the refs pretty good. I read an article today about how it's hard for a team to beat Manning when Hochuli is calling the game. :lol:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-25-2016, 08:06 PM
But look at the defense they will be playing against

I agree Carol, I'm just saying they have a really good defense to go along with the #1 offense. They are a better balanced team than we are. My hope is the defense just dominates for 60 minutes.

OrangeHoof
01-25-2016, 10:20 PM
I thought Hochuli called it pretty even, especially for a playoff game when you want the players deciding the game, not the refs. I thought in the regular-season game the refs helped Denver come back.

BTW, can you recall an offensive holding call in yesterday's game? Neither can I.

As for Blakeman, seems ok. Isn't he the one that had to re-do the coin flip for the GB-ARZ overtime?

tomjonesrocks
01-25-2016, 10:28 PM
I thought Hochuli called it pretty even, especially for a playoff game when you want the players deciding the game, not the refs. I thought in the regular-season game the refs helped Denver come back. BTW, can you recall an offensive holding call in yesterday's game? Neither can I. As for Blakeman, seems ok. Isn't he the one that had to re-do the coin flip for the GB-ARZ overtime?

Eh it was ok. Hated the 15-yarder on Webster for running out of bounds and the ticky-tack 5 yard illegal contact on 3rd and 10 handing the Pats a first down which led to a FG.

Wasn't the on field refs but that lateral overturn never should have happened. Way too close to call and shouldn't have reversed the call on the field.

BroncoWave
01-25-2016, 10:34 PM
Eh it was ok. Hated the 15-yarder on Webster for running out of bounds and the ticky-tack 5 yard illegal contact on 3rd and 10 handing the Pats a first down which led to a FG.

Wasn't the on field refs but that lateral overturn never should have happened. Way too close to call and shouldn't have reversed the call on the field.

They showed another angle after it was overturned and it was CLEARLY a backward pass. He released it at the 22 and it was touched at the 21. It was the right call.

I Eat Staples
01-25-2016, 10:40 PM
It was absolutely backwards. It's possible to be both close and definitive.

The call on the field shouldn't matter in replay specifically because of close plays like that. There's no way a ref can consistently make calls like that in real time. But after studying the replay for several minutes, you can make a definite determination one way or the other unless there literally isn't an angle that shows the whole play.

tomjonesrocks
01-25-2016, 10:46 PM
Hmm. I haven't rewatched the game but apparently I missed that angle.

BroncoWave
01-25-2016, 10:51 PM
Hmm. I haven't rewatched the game but apparently I missed that angle.

Yeah, they only showed it once, and it was after they announced it was overturned. It was from the far sideline, and it was clear as day that it was backwards.

Joel
01-25-2016, 10:55 PM
Extremely, especially as committed as Elway and most of the (rest of the) fanbase has been to bringing back the Orange Crush in every sense.

I'm just glad to hear Kubiak's not giving them the week off to party in SF and "enjoy the moment." I'm hoping it's all film work while they rest and heal their bodies now, and that a grueling season and playoff run as mentally and emotionally demanding as it was physically doesn't exhaust them before the game even starts. But I don't think we'll have any complaints about preparedness this time. Win the SB as an underdog and they'll have a whole offseason to enjoy THAT moment.

Joel
01-25-2016, 10:57 PM
It was absolutely backwards. It's possible to be both close and definitive.

The call on the field shouldn't matter in replay specifically because of close plays like that. There's no way a ref can consistently make calls like that in real time. But after studying the replay for several minutes, you can make a definite determination one way or the other unless there literally isn't an angle that shows the whole play.
*sigh* We've been through this: Appellate courts don't overturn convictions because the initial jury MAY have been wrong, and neither do replay officials. Yes, it's possible to be close but definitive, but when it's MERELY close and STILL inconclusive, they can't say, "you were wrong," when they don't KNOW that's so.

Hated the 15-yarder on Webster for running out of bounds and the ticky-tack 5 yard illegal contact on 3rd and 10 handing the Pats a first down which led to a FG.
That one I also hated: First of all, NE* blocked him out, but, far more importantly, he didn't "stay out of bounds," he just didn't return IMMEDIATELY, because he was still running downfield and intent on that, so didn't immediately realize he was out of bounds; once he saw it, he came back in, and a good 15 yds before reaching the returner (after the whistle'd already blown anyway.)

It shouldn't have been a penalty at all, let alone a 15 yd unsportsmanlike that moved average field position nearly to midfield. If that's the rule, CHANGE IT.

Here's what ESPN says on the officiating (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/196908/ed-hochuli-did-not-beat-the-patriots), including the note that the lateral reversal wouldn't even have been POSSIBLE if our getting away with the same deal a few years ago hadn't spawned "The Hochuli Rule" the following offseason.

NightTerror218
01-25-2016, 10:58 PM

Plus 7 turnovers. The Carson Palmer of old returned. Palmer flat out laid an egg and made horrible decisions and throws 4 ints.

Dapper Dan
01-26-2016, 05:36 AM
The Vonster staying back as the spy LB versus Cam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ktt2fivInc&feature=youtu.be

SR
01-26-2016, 07:48 AM
The Vonster staying back as the spy LB versus Cam. YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ktt2fivInc&feature=youtu.be (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ktt2fivInc)

No.

7DnBrnc53
01-26-2016, 08:04 AM
Plus 7 turnovers. The Carson Palmer of old returned. Palmer flat out laid an egg and made horrible decisions and throws 4 ints.

Jim Fassel was talking about the turnover ratio of both teams yesterday when he was on with Sandy Clough. He basically indicated that the Panthers should be favored because of that. However, I don't see Denver turning it over that much.

Davii
01-26-2016, 08:52 AM
Remember the issue with not letting injured players travel with the team to the Super Bowl in New York? IIRC Von, and others who were out, traveled on their own later and weren't really involved in any way.

I'm sure he will, but I hope Kubiak does the exact opposite of that. Any player still with us, on IR, etc should be allowed to go and sit in meetings, etc.

VonDoom
01-26-2016, 09:39 AM
Jim Fassel was talking about the turnover ratio of both teams yesterday when he was on with Sandy Clough. He basically indicated that the Panthers should be favored because of that. However, I don't see Denver turning it over that much.

The Panthers led the league in takeaways and turnover differential. Protecting the ball, always crucial, will be the single most important thing in this game. We struggled with this during the year but if we can keep doing what we're doing in the postseason so far, hopefully that will help us.

VonDoom
01-26-2016, 09:40 AM
Remember the issue with not letting injured players travel with the team to the Super Bowl in New York? IIRC Von, and others who were out, traveled on their own later and weren't really involved in any way.

I'm sure he will, but I hope Kubiak does the exact opposite of that. Any player still with us, on IR, etc should be allowed to go and sit in meetings, etc.

I imagine the preparation for this game will be a complete 180 from how it was two years ago. Partly because the coaching staff is completely different and partly because whatever we did then was an utter failure. If nothing else, the players that were there two years ago will be more cognizant of this (ie, I assume Hillman won't be hitting up the strip club during the week).

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-26-2016, 09:52 AM

Seattle and Arizona

wayninja
01-26-2016, 01:13 PM
Seattle and Arizona

They didn't blow out Seattle. It looked that way early, but Seattle made it a 7 point game by the end, putting up their own streak of unanswered points.

Some people claim they were resting starters and weren't concerned, I'm not so sure. The MVP wasn't resting, and wasn't scoring either.

I Eat Staples
01-26-2016, 01:17 PM
*sigh* We've been through this: Appellate courts don't overturn convictions because the initial jury MAY have been wrong, and neither do replay officials. Yes, it's possible to be close but definitive, but when it's MERELY close and STILL inconclusive, they can't say, "you were wrong," when they don't KNOW that's so.

You can't compare a call on the field to a ruling in a court room after a lengthy judicial process. It's more analogous to a police officer's first impression when making an arrest. Unless you can convince me that a referee has a better chance of getting a call right in real-time than a replay assistant does in slow-motion, I don't buy the concept of those two being of even equal weight let alone the call on the field being weighted more heavily.

BroncoNut
01-26-2016, 01:21 PM
Our offense will need to stay on the field to win this game, the points will come. They'll have to do better than they have been

VonDoom
01-26-2016, 01:41 PM
Oh, no, SI cover jinx! ;)

VonDoom
01-26-2016, 02:59 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 21m21 minutes ago

A large amount (70%) of wagers came on the Panthers so Bovada has increased the #SB50 line to Carolina -6. #Broncos nearly a TD underdog.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-26-2016, 03:15 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 21m21 minutes ago

A large amount (70%) of wagers came on the Panthers so Bovada has increased the #SB50 line to Carolina -6. #Broncos nearly a TD underdog.

I hope that it keeps increasing. Make our boys even angrier.