PDA

View Full Version : Just Wanna Thank Fox, Gase, Del Rio, JT, Beadles and Franklin:

Joel
01-24-2016, 08:25 PM
Today really showed how indispensable each and every one of them was to our SB run: And each of them got to see it from his living room.

ShaneFalco
01-24-2016, 08:29 PM
kind of an unfair thing to say to Gase, considering that offense is still better then this one.

chazoe60
01-24-2016, 08:30 PM
This is a ******* pathetic thread. So stupid

chazoe60
01-24-2016, 08:30 PM
Black hole this shit

Joel
01-24-2016, 08:32 PM
kind of an unfair thing to say to Gase, considering that offense is still better then this one.
Well, I'd be tempted to cut Gase a break since it was always Mannings offense rather than his or McCoys anyway, but he jumped a SB ship for a dumpster fire in the middle of a playoff run the same as Fox and Del Rio, so I hope he's enjoying the playoffs in Chicago.

ShaneFalco
01-24-2016, 08:36 PM
he jumped?

Denver didnt want him back even though he wanted to stay...

and he actually did a good job with a Jay cutler at qb.

Dapper Dan
01-24-2016, 08:40 PM
This is a ******* pathetic thread. So stupid

:rolleyes:

Joel
01-24-2016, 08:42 PM
he jumped?

If Gase wanted to stay it sure didn't look like it in last years playoffs (did THAT offense look better than this one?) He didn't waste time following Fox to Chicago, but maybe his goose was cooked once Fox left: You knew Kubiak (and probably Elway) would want Dennison to rebuild our line, and holding Mannings clipboard for three years wasn't much reason to keep Gase around instead. You're right he made Cutler look better (for about a month) but that's setting the bar low.

silkamilkamonico
01-24-2016, 09:09 PM
Gase is a better offensive mind than Kubiak.

I like the toughenss of this team though. Win ugly. The defense is stellar. The offensive is a patchwork makeup of "whatever", but both units have tightened up when they needed to in games. This is another game than Denver would have lost the last 4 years, and we have already won 2 this year in the playoffs.

MOtorboat
01-24-2016, 09:29 PM
Who were those four free agents you wanted instead of Manning?

tripp
01-24-2016, 09:33 PM
he jumped?

Did Gase want to stay as an OC though? I thought it was HC or bust for him here in Denver

Joel
01-25-2016, 12:41 AM
Who were those four free agents you wanted instead of Manning?
Yeah, fair point: We COULD'VE had Manning AND gotten a bunch of stud linemen, we just... didn't. But I guess $7½ million/yr for Ward and some more for Schofield's as good as having Mike Adams and, say, Michael Oher (i.e. the guy protecting Cams blindside as he protected Flaccos in the 2013 SB.) Think Manning himself would agree? Maybe we should ask him in two weeks; while we're at it we can ask Eli if Franklin and Beadles were better than Geoff Schwartz before his broken leg.

MOtorboat
01-25-2016, 12:55 AM
Yeah, fair point: We COULD'VE had Manning AND gotten a bunch of stud linemen, we just... didn't. But I guess $7½ million/yr for Ward and some more for Schofield's as good as having Mike Adams and, say, Michael Oher (i.e. the guy protecting Cams blindside as he protected Flaccos in the 2013 SB.) Think Manning himself would agree? Maybe we should ask him in two weeks; while we're at it we can ask Eli if Franklin and Beadles were better than Geoff Schwartz before his broken leg.

Move that bar.

underrated29
01-25-2016, 01:07 AM
I'm happy they're all gone. I really like gase but last year he called a terrible offense. I think it really helped him to move onward. I think he'll do excellently in maim. I may start cheering for the fish a bit more.

Fox and Del rio can lick knighting sweaty butt crack

I Eat Staples
01-25-2016, 01:27 AM
Michael Oher graded as one of the worst tackles in football last year, and I believe the year before that as well. He's been better this year, but still not great.

Joel
01-25-2016, 01:42 AM
Michael Oher graded as one of the worst tackles in football last year, and I believe the year before that as well. He's been better this year, but still not great.
Graded by whom? I bet he graded better than Harris this year AND last, not to mention Schofield (but then, he didn't have a grade last year, probably for a reason.)

MOtorboat
01-25-2016, 02:05 AM
Remember when Joel demanded the Broncos get to the AFC Championship game? And when they did, he moved the bar?

Me too.

Timmy!
01-25-2016, 02:11 AM
This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Joel
01-25-2016, 02:26 AM
Remember when Joel demanded the Broncos get to the AFC Championship game? And when they did, he moved the bar?

Me too.
Nah, Manning's more than earned his keep: The "kicking and screaming" was him dragging us to a PAIR of SBs despite a line that couldn't get any run blocking so he didn't HAVE to singlehandedly win SBs, NOR protect him well enough he COULD. I just wish we HAD given him more help, since you've been proven absolutely correct that we COULD have had we CHOSEN to do so.

Too bad we didn't fire Fox and hire Kubiak LAST year, as I wanted; I'm as confident he and Dennison will give us a SOLID line next year as I am that's too late for Manning. New complex offense, wholly rebuilt line, Clady going down in preseason and our first highly drafted lineman soon following: That's too much to overcome against a legit SB team. Wouldn't mind being wrong about that, too (especially since it'd vindicate my Kubiak-Dennison-Phillips argument) but don't expect it.

MOtorboat
01-25-2016, 02:31 AM
Translation: "I was wrong, but here's how I wasn't wrong in a bunch of words."

Your takes on Manning have all been proven 100 percent false. So starting some thread about sour grapes of the last coach and former players is hypocritical, at best. But, hey, we've gotten used to that from the spammer.

Hawgdriver
01-25-2016, 02:41 AM
Don't forget Champ, Dumervil, Decker, and DRC! Also indispensable to this run. I live for threads like these where Joel flexes his football told-ya-so chops. Reminds me what not to do. I don't even know if this is a told ya so thread, but it comes off like one. I wonder what reaction OP hopes for. We should all collude to respond with expressions of wonderment and joy at such a display of sporting genius to see what happens.

Joel
01-25-2016, 02:44 AM
Translation: "I was wrong, but here's how I wasn't wrong in a bunch of words."

Your takes on Manning have all been proven 100 percent false. So starting some thread about sour grapes of the last coach and former players is hypocritical, at best. But, hey, we've gotten used to that from the spammer.
Who's denying they were wrong? Signing Manning didn't cost us the ability to replace our putrid line with the championship one he needed, so yes, I was wrong about that: Is that explicit and unqualified enough for you, or do you need to be sarcastically belligerent about it a few more times?

I was pretty RIGHT that the Manning Project would've been a failure if we didn't reach at least ONE Conference Championship, but we've WON not one but TWO, so what's your point there? That a lot of the fanbase isn't calling him a washed up has been we should've cut last year ANYWAY? Sounds like that whole "meltdown" prediction was right on target. We'll never know what we'd be doing NOW if we'd brought Kubiak and Dennison in to fix our awful line and install a new offense LAST year, but we're still every bit as much an offensive line away from a solid championship team at EVERY position, so I'll sure be missing Manning when they've got the line up to snuff NEXT year. Hopefully Oz is a fast learner and the franchise QB Yoshi insists, because age and FA won't let us hold this D together forever.

Stupid question: Do you maintain your account for any reason BUT finding excuses to pick fights with anonymous strangers?

MOtorboat
01-25-2016, 02:46 AM
Joel was right about Manning.

Lol.

And yes. I enjoy this place. I have lots of people I consider very real friends. This place is great.

Joel
01-25-2016, 02:48 AM
Don't forget Champ, Dumervil, Decker, and DRC! Also indispensable to this run. I live for threads like these where Joel flexes his football told-ya-so chops. Reminds me what not to do. I don't even know if this is a told ya so thread, but it comes off like one. I wonder what reaction OP hopes for. We should all collude to respond with expressions of wonderment and joy at such a display of sporting genius to see what happens.
Champ and DRC didn't bail on us: We didn't want them back (which, in the latter case, I still believe was a mistake, but, oh, well.) Doom and Decker though, yeah, good point: Hope they're enjoying their big paydays on the couch this January. Doom's probably wishing he could've "accidentally" messed up his fax a year sooner, but them's the breaks.

By the way: Remember the Visitor message I left you during the bye before our LAST SB? Was I wrong then, too? I OVERestimated Franklin (i.e. the guy MO insists I'm blaming that "just one game" on) but how 'bout the rest? D hold up, even with SIX starters out? Offensive line cost us a championship?

Timmy!
01-25-2016, 02:49 AM
Joel was right about Manning.

Lol.

Well , in his defense, can you imagine a Tebow lead team behind that star studded OL he wanted to sign. That + oxford commas: win

MOtorboat
01-25-2016, 02:50 AM
Well , in his defense, can you imagine a Tebow lead team behind that star studded OL he wanted to sign. That + oxford commas: win

They would've won three Super Bowls...

What could've been.

Hawgdriver
01-25-2016, 02:58 AM
I guess someone has to shepherd all the words to the internet promised land.

Hawgdriver
01-25-2016, 03:03 AM
Champ and DRC didn't bail on us: We didn't want them back (which, in the latter case, I still believe was a mistake, but, oh, well.) Doom and Decker though, yeah, good point: Hope they're enjoying their big paydays on the couch this January. Doom's probably wishing he could've "accidentally" messed up his fax a year sooner, but them's the breaks.

By the way: Remember the Visitor message I left you during the bye before our LAST SB? Was I wrong then, too? I OVERestimated Franklin (i.e. the guy MO insists I'm blaming that "just one game" on) but how 'bout the rest? D hold up, even with SIX starters out? Offensive line cost us a championship?

Dude, I have no idea if you are right or wrong or even what you are so intensely trying to communicate,, but let's say you are right if that helps with things on your end.

Joel
01-25-2016, 03:08 AM
Now there's something wrong with Oxford commas, too? Thanks; I was beginning to think ya'll go around chasing excuses (valid or not) to fight just for the Hell of it.

Timmy!
01-25-2016, 03:13 AM
Now there's something wrong with Oxford commas, too? Thanks; I was beginning to think ya'll go around chasing excuses (valid or not) to fight just for the Hell of it.

I, just, used, them, several, times, you, captain, buzzkill, Dingus.

Hawgdriver
01-25-2016, 03:16 AM
, & ; = *&#$

(?)

!!!!!!

Hawgdriver
01-25-2016, 03:16 AM
haiku, bitches

Joel
01-25-2016, 03:26 AM
I, just, used, them, several, times, you, captain, buzzkill, Dingus.
No, you didn't; in fact, you've only used a conjunction ONCE (and NO lists) in this whole thread, and OMITTED the comma when you did.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_comma
Sure you're not confusing the Oxford comma (acceptable) with a comma splice (unacceptable)?

, & ; = *&#$

(?)

!!!!!!

In addition to the syllable format, a proper haiku must be a pastoral scene, not just any words with the required number of syllables.

This concludes todays lesson in Remedial Grammar and Literature for the Internet-Impaired.

Timmy!
01-25-2016, 03:43 AM
No, you didn't; in fact, you've only used a conjunction ONCE (and NO lists) in this whole thread, and OMITTED the comma when you did.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_comma
Sure you're not confusing the Oxford comma (acceptable) with a comma splice (unacceptable)?

In addition to the syllable format, a proper haiku must be a pastoral scene, not just any words with the required number of syllables.

This concludes todays lesson in Remedial Grammar and Literature for the Internet-Impaired.

YOU are still AN annoying LITTLE pissant. THE end.

#HASHtag

Joel
01-25-2016, 04:07 AM
YOU are still AN annoying LITTLE pissant. THE end.

#HASHtag
Yeah, and you won't get any Valentines from me either, but that's not the point. Oh, wait, I forgot: That's the WHOLE point, isn't it? :tsk:

With that in mind, pick a fight with someone else: I'm going to bed.

SR
01-25-2016, 07:12 AM
, & ; = *&#$ (?) !!!!!!

That said, I think Joel may still be wrong.

Timmy!
01-25-2016, 01:56 PM
That said, I think Joel may still be wrong.

Either way he is sure to whine about it.

DenBronx
01-25-2016, 03:20 PM
Meh...we got to the SB with that group. Had we not ran in a buzzsaw against Seattle in the SB then this thread would not exist. We have a better defense now but Carolina looks just as strong as Seattle did that year.

For the record, I'd love to have Franklin back on this team.