PDA

View Full Version : we can bask in the win, yet

arapaho2
01-24-2016, 08:08 PM
This offense is attrociously bad...I have no doubt the defense can keep the score down
but can manning put enough points up to win who ever we play.

I can get a conservative plan...but a predictable plan that is conservative will kill us

Then manning left multiple tds on the field by missing wide open wrs. ..he must hit them in two weeks
We just got to mix it up...both carolina and Az are tuff defenses, we got to open it up a bit

Also the ilb blitz has killed us...we have to recognize it will without a doubt be coming

wayninja
01-24-2016, 08:09 PM
If I keep drinking at this pace, I'll be basking in my own sick.

Joel
01-24-2016, 08:23 PM
Manning didn't miss those TDs by much, and I'd rather just miss a TD than force an Int and get NOTHING. Especially when the offensive line that supposedly played a "great" game got our RBs NOTHING inside or out and our QB pounded; protect him and I bet those near misses are TDs.

If you want to see what NOT playing conservative with THIS line gets you vs. a good D in the playoffs, take a look at Carson Palmers stats right now.

Northman
01-24-2016, 08:33 PM
Thread title says we can bask in the win, thats what im doing.

WJK
01-24-2016, 08:34 PM
New England's defense played incredibly well. It's all about scoring touchdowns in the red zone and we did that twice, which was enough.

arapaho2
01-24-2016, 09:41 PM
I don't know....we can talk about the oline

But Manning did miss some Tds...the defense dominated and other than our two td drives

The offense basically sputtered again...to me, that is an issue specially when the talk all season
Is opposing defenses don't respect his long ball and stop the bronco run game .

Manning must play better

Northman
01-24-2016, 09:45 PM

But Manning did miss some Tds...the defense dominated and other than our two td drives

The offense basically sputtered again...to me, that is an issue specially when the talk all season

Manning must play better

On the flipside Manning did hit 2 TD passes so there is progress.

tripp
01-24-2016, 09:51 PM
Carolina is spoiling this Bronco win for me.

arapaho2
01-24-2016, 10:13 PM
I want this SB more then anyone can imagine...8th chance and I have watched every single one.

And the five losses hurt...we dont seem to lose close when we lose...we get destroyed
I don't want that again...I have no doubt the defense gives us a chance but we can't be content with getting a td lead and hoping the defense can hold cam out...we have to score more...period

mouthofsouth
01-24-2016, 10:39 PM
And Carolina is looking great. If they come out of the gate playing like they did tonight, all fired up, it may be another Seattle fiasco. The coaches have to find a way to get the Broncos juiced up so THEY come out of the gate playing lights out.

LawDog
01-24-2016, 10:54 PM
I kind of like the fact that Carolina blew out the Cards. Overconfidence in the SB is a dangerous thing. Let them strut and preen and show their ass. Broncos will be focused. Wade will go into his wizard shack and conjure up a scheme to blunt the Newton attack. Peyton will be prepared. Kubiak has been through this and knows what it takes to win - something Fox couldn't grasp.

BroncoBuckeye73
01-24-2016, 11:11 PM
I am going to sit back and enjoy this win great victory as far as 2 weeks from now I think the team that just beat the reigning champs will show the world want it means to be the champs Go Broncos

tripp
01-24-2016, 11:19 PM
I kind of like the fact that Carolina blew out the Cards. Overconfidence in the SB is a dangerous thing. Let them strut and preen and show their ass. Broncos will be focused. Wade will go into his wizard shack and conjure up a scheme to blunt the Newton attack. Peyton will be prepared. Kubiak has been through this and knows what it takes to win - something Fox couldn't grasp.

Kind of reminds of us back in 2013. Although we didn't blow the Pats out, we had an INSANE offense that year. Granted, Panthers defense is on a whole different level than our defense in 2013, but they're riding high, while we're staying humble. I definitely think that gives us an edge.

Joel
01-25-2016, 12:19 AM

Manning must play better
Manning NARROWLY missed a pair of TDs; he also HIT a pair of others. If going 50/50 on TD passes and "only" getting 20 pts is the price of NOT coughing it up SEVEN TIMES and getting NOTHING: Which took a team to the SB, and which ended its season before halftime? Let's talk about that line though:

99 rushing yds on 30 attempts, 3.3 yd average, against a BAD run D we (and many others) have been GASHED for YEARS. How much you wanna bet Manning has a lot more time to aim, and our WRs more time to get open for, play-action passes if we're gaining >3.3 yds/att against BAD run D? Also, not line related, but:

Anderson got 3/4 of our rushing yards on barely HALF our carries, averaging 4.5/att while Hillman was giving away our ONLY turnover (and thus the TD that kept NE* in the game; if he hops on that lateral, no one's ever talking about NE* missing the PAT or 2PAT.) Hillman, conversely, got 16 yds on 11 carries, an average of 1.5: MANNING HAD A HIGHER RUSHING AVERAGE THAN HILLMAN, gaining nearly as many TOTAL yards on just THREE CARRIES: CAN WE PLEASE BENCH HILLMAN NOW?!

Yes, the offense was putrid: That's all on Manning? Even primarily? Like when he threw 55 TDs in 2013 and the putrid offense got blown out of the SB despite a heroic performance from a D missing HALF its starters? Maybe if we gave our ancient, immobile bionic QB enough blocking for run support, or at least pass protection when LACK of run support makes him camp out in 3rd and long, we'd move the chains better.

Worked OK for Elway; way better than carrying the team to 3 SBs only to get BLOWN OUT EVERY TIME. You're smarter than this—right...?

arapaho2
01-25-2016, 12:32 AM
That's the problem...Manning narrowly missing tds that most qbs hit routinely.. .let's not act like it just happened this game...it's been an issue, you can make excuses...but manning has to hit those....your right manning hit two..but this game should have been out of reach early...28 points is much matter than 20 ...we scabbed out with belicheat going for the 4th down as opposed to a gimmie fg...had he kicked we are down 2 points on the gronk td and less then 20 seconds to go...

Manning has to hit some deeper throws in the game...and when a wr is open for a td we cannot afford to rest on...Almost.

I don't blame it all on manning...but manning needs to score more

Joel
01-25-2016, 01:58 AM
That's the problem...Manning narrowly missing tds that most qbs hit routinely.. .let's not act like it just happened this game...it's been an issue, you can make excuses...but manning has to hit those....your right manning hit two..but this game should have been out of reach early...28 points is much matter than 20 ...we scabbed out with belicheat going for the 4th down as opposed to a gimmie fg...had he kicked we are down 2 points on the gronk td and less then 20 seconds to go...

Manning has to hit some deeper throws in the game...and when a wr is open for a td we cannot afford to rest on...Almost.

I don't blame it all on manning...but manning needs to score more

I don't know that "most QBs" "routinely" hit those; it's not like he had a clean pocket, and those balls came out with a lot of the zip Manning no longer "has," accurately aimed in places where they'd either be TDs or incompletes, but NEVER Ints. Joe Montana went 4-0 in SBs throwing away passes when the TD wasn't there, and he had WAY better pass protection and run blocking than we do. Now, should we have thrown more than one or two passes down there when our line was letting the crap NE* run D "routinely" blow up our RBs for big losses in G to go? Maybe, but that presumes our line could've protected Manning long enough for WRs to get open and him to score instead of ALMOST score.

That's been a BIG presumption practically since the day he got here. Our interior linemen still get "routinely" fooled by inside stunts, and our OTs still get "routinely" beaten or "routinely" overpowered outside, so Manning must take what's there, while people scream for him to "throw it away, stupid!" when he can't get turned in time and eats a big sack (which "routinely" happened today.)

The NFL doesn't count Mississippis: I don't know what people want from the guy. Everyone keeps ranting about our crap QBs (whether the first ballot HoFer or the future franchise QB) and crap RBs while raving about what a "great game" our line had just because they gave up "only" 3 sacks and CJ managed a 30 yd run the ONE time they opened a decent hole. I mean, Brady only had ONE sack more than Manning: Did HIS line play "great"?

Timmy!
01-25-2016, 03:10 AM
If I keep drinking at this pace, I'll be basking in my own sick.

:slowclap:

/thread

arapaho2
01-25-2016, 11:25 AM
I don't know that "most QBs" "routinely" hit those; it's not like he had a clean pocket, and those balls came out with a lot of the zip Manning no longer "has," accurately aimed in places where they'd either be TDs or incompletes, but NEVER Ints. Joe Montana went 4-0 in SBs throwing away passes when the TD wasn't there, and he had WAY better pass protection and run blocking than we do. Now, should we have thrown more than one or two passes down there when our line was letting the crap NE* run D "routinely" blow up our RBs for big losses in G to go? Maybe, but that presumes our line could've protected Manning long enough for WRs to get open and him to score instead of ALMOST score.

That's been a BIG presumption practically since the day he got here. Our interior linemen still get "routinely" fooled by inside stunts, and our OTs still get "routinely" beaten or "routinely" overpowered outside, so Manning must take what's there, while people scream for him to "throw it away, stupid!" when he can't get turned in time and eats a big sack (which "routinely" happened today.)

The NFL doesn't count Mississippis: I don't know what people want from the guy. Everyone keeps ranting about our crap QBs (whether the first ballot HoFer or the future franchise QB) and crap RBs while raving about what a "great game" our line had just because they gave up "only" 3 sacks and CJ managed a 30 yd run the ONE time they opened a decent hole. I mean, Brady only had ONE sack more than Manning: Did HIS line play "great"?

come on...on one pass he missed norwood we were in the RZ and he just flat out missed him ...yet OD was wide open right in front of him for an easy TD,

you can be happy with that, I am not....I just think this stuff has to be cleaned up against Carolina, we cannot afford to play one half of offense again, this game has to have Manning sharp and focused, the oline has to get those delayed blitzes or Luke will kill us and kubs has got to call the game better
yes im happy we are in...but no matter how dominate our defense plays and hopefully they have even a better plan...we have to have more then a FG in the second half, we have to put up points

arapaho2
01-25-2016, 11:38 AM
and the Running game has to be effective, but unless we can take the top off the defense and get the defense guessing, its a hard sell
our two longest completions were a 21 yrd td to OD, and a 34 yrd pass to sanders that sanders made a great play just to prevent it from being picked, yes I get it our fear is having manning start throwing picks...but we must open it up...I just don't see this 1st down run off tackle for 1, 2nd down off guard for 1, and a predictable 3rd down pass is gonna get the job done