PDA

View Full Version : If Brady had broken his neck.........

Valar Morghulis
01-24-2016, 04:01 AM
If it was Brady who was cut not Peyton and Brady came to Denver under the exact same conditions......

Would we have a Superbowl or two or three or none?

And before anyone says it...i know it is difficult to tell and apples and oranges and blah blah blah. It's just a bit of fun.

pulse
01-24-2016, 04:21 AM
Did the Evil Hoodie also "break his neck" and come with him to replace John Fox? Otherwise, I'm going to have to select zero.

Dapper Dan
01-24-2016, 05:44 AM
Tom Brady cannot win without Bill Belichick.

sneakers
01-24-2016, 06:26 AM
Brady is a sea level baby

thunndarr
01-24-2016, 06:56 AM
"If Brady had broken his neck..." it would have been from trying to blow himself.

Hashbrown#I'm out of here.

(Did I do that right?)

Valar Morghulis
01-24-2016, 06:57 AM
"If Brady had broken his neck..." it would have been from trying to blow himself.

(Did I do that right?)

Yeah - you just dropped a mic and walked off to a standing ovation

OrangeHoof
01-24-2016, 08:08 AM
Sometimes I feel like a rube for taking the question seriously but Manning brings his own offense with him. Until this year, we ran Manning's offense from 2012-2014. Don't bother me with who was OC. It was Manning's offense. Our defense was not Super Bowl caliber during those years.

Brady has his own offense too but is Brady the mastermind for it or is it Belichick? We don't know because the two have been joined at the hip all of Brady's career. But if Brady is just the performer, not the genius, I think the Broncos post winning records but I don't think they have the formula to win a Super Bowl. We've seen what happened with all the other Patriot cast-offs who tried to duplicate the Patriot success elsewhere without Belichick (including McDiapers in Denver) and they have largely failed.

Now, if Belichick had come to Denver without Brady in 2011 would we have won a Super Bowl by now? Open question. With Tebow? With Orton? With Mallett? With Cassel? Would the QB even matter?

Northman
01-24-2016, 09:04 AM
We would of beaten the Niners and Hawks. At least 2.

spikerman
01-24-2016, 10:16 AM
It all depends on how good the Broncos WRs are at running rub routes.

Joel
01-24-2016, 11:22 AM
It all depends on how good the Broncos WRs are at running rub routes.
They're not bad at it, but our line would still be a disaster, so the Broncos still don't get to any SBs without tickets. Especially since McDumbass already proved Goodell doesn't tolerate Krafts employees cheating for anyone BUT Kraft.

7DnBrnc53
01-24-2016, 12:31 PM
They're not bad at it, but our line would still be a disaster, so the Broncos still don't get to any SBs without tickets. Especially since McDumbass already proved Goodell doesn't tolerate Krafts employees cheating for anyone BUT Kraft.

Which shows again that Kraft was the one behind getting Goodell to replace Tags. They had known each other well before Roger got the job.

Joel
01-24-2016, 12:57 PM
Nah, Goodell was Tagliabues chosen successor, but I don't doubt he goes way back with Kraft: Goodell started brownnosing his way up the NFL foodchain the moment he left college, securing a league internship through a letter writing campaign to Rozelle and ALL NFL teams (individually.) There's a life lesson for the kiddies, too.

slim
01-24-2016, 01:14 PM

(Did I do that right?)

Post more...

mouthofsouth
01-24-2016, 06:41 PM
Brady scares me to death late in a game when you only have a small lead. That was nerve wracking.

Joel
01-24-2016, 09:01 PM
Brady scares me to death late in a game when you only have a small lead. That was nerve wracking.
It's never a problem for the OTHER Manning! I'm kidding; Eli had GREAT run support and at least decent protection for his SB runs, and looks like a chicken with his head cut off when he has neither. And isn't it funny how Russell Wilson came crashing back to earth when Seattle blew off starting linemen for receiving TEs? And how Gronk caught a lot less passes when NE* had to start keeping him at the line to at least slow down Miller; if our D hadn't been exhausted by all our offenses three-and-outs, a lot of those almost-sacks when Gronk was catching passes on their last drive would've been season-ending sacks.

I'm continually ashamed by the kind of "blocking" we invited Peyton to endure for his last ride. If only we'd fired Fox after the SB and brought Kubiak and Dennison in a year sooner (as I wanted,) because I'm 100% they'll field a SOLID line next year—for OZ; we'll just have to hope he's as good as everyone DOES hope, and a fast learner, so we can keep making SB runs before age and FA scatters an elite D to the four winds.

Davii
01-25-2016, 12:16 PM
Zero...

Had Brady had this same injury and 4 surgeries he also would have diminished arm strength and what not. I don't think Tom has the mind Peyton does to compensate (without BB and McDouche that is). Tom in Manning's shoes would've been a lesser version of what we have. All other things being equal we probably wouldn't have gotten as far as we have.

CrazyHorse
01-25-2016, 03:18 PM
It's never a problem for the OTHER Manning! I'm kidding; Eli had GREAT run support and at least decent protection for his SB runs, and looks like a chicken with his head cut off when he has neither. And isn't it funny how Russell Wilson came crashing back to earth when Seattle blew off starting linemen for receiving TEs? And how Gronk caught a lot less passes when NE* had to start keeping him at the line to at least slow down Miller; if our D hadn't been exhausted by all our offenses three-and-outs, a lot of those almost-sacks when Gronk was catching passes on their last drive would've been season-ending sacks.

I'm continually ashamed by the kind of "blocking" we invited Peyton to endure for his last ride. If only we'd fired Fox after the SB and brought Kubiak and Dennison in a year sooner (as I wanted,) because I'm 100% they'll field a SOLID line next year—for OZ; we'll just have to hope he's as good as everyone DOES hope, and a fast learner, so we can keep making SB runs before age and FA scatters an elite D to the four winds.

It's been an issue the past 4 years. Manning gets the ball out quick so the deficiency was masked until we played the Seahawks. The good news is they should have Sambraillo back next year and possibly Clady. That would automatically upgrade the line.