PDA

View Full Version : 3rd graders agree, Patriots will probably CHEAT against the Broncos!

BronColt
01-23-2016, 10:31 AM
http://dptv.denverpost.com/2016/01/22/third-graders-forecast-the-broncos-vs-patriots-afc-champ-game/

Third graders forecast this Sunday's AFC championship game between the Denver Broncos and the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots.

Joel
01-23-2016, 10:37 AM
There's your legacy, Tom. Maybe in 100 years your "championships" won't have asterisks, but only if you avoid 50 years of EVERYONE trying to put one by ALL of them. *sigh* All you had to do was win just ONE clean after Spygate, but you just... couldn't. And that says more than your destroyed cell phone ever could.

tomjonesrocks
01-23-2016, 10:52 AM
Spygate aside and deflategate aside you wonder what bit of rule-book pushing genius BB has ready behind glass in the unlikely event they fall behind - something akin to what they uncorked in the Baltimore game with the last-second eligible receivers and whatnot.

There's always something lurking...

BronColt
01-23-2016, 10:52 AM
There's your legacy, Tom. Maybe in 100 years your "championships" won't have asterisks, but only if you avoid 50 years of EVERYONE trying to put one by ALL of them. *sigh* All you had to do was win just ONE clean after Spygate, but you just... couldn't. And that says more than your destroyed cell phone ever could.

So true! It's sad that this next generation of children will have their primary lesson about cheating in sports with Tom Brady as the figurehead of what NOT to do to win games!

As far as I see it, tomorrow's game is more than just Brady vs Manning, Broncos vs Patriots....this is Good vs Evil on a grand scale! Manning who has done EVERYTHING the right way in his career, and Brady who will go down in history as the greatest* quarterback of our generation; with EVERY one of their Super Bowl victories mired in controversy. Recording team practices and deflating balls. Even Belichick admitted "If you're not cheating, you're not trying".

It's amazing when you watch the Patriots Broadcasting Network....I mean the NFL Network how everyone, I mean virtually EVERYONE is stacking the odds against the Broncos! Have you ever competed in a sport where EVERYONE was rooting AGAINST you and NO ONE gave you a chance to win? That provides a motivation that nothing else can give you!

You watch tomorrow, you're going to see a Broncos team more fired up than you have EVER seen before!!!

Joel
01-23-2016, 11:05 AM
So true! It's sad that this next generation of children will have their primary lesson about cheating in sports with Tom Brady as the figurehead of what NOT to do to win games!
"Maybe the Broncos will cheat, too: It's possible..." was just chilling and cut my heart right out of me. THIRD GRADER; so what, 9 years old? And the Boston douchebags have already taught him cheating's the only way to succeed in life: Thanks, Brady; I'll always be grateful you made my job as a father that much harder. Yes, the real lesson here is Barkley's "athletes are not role models," but that's just not how kids think when they see the money and fame, is it?

As far as I see it, tomorrow's game is more than just Brady vs Manning, Broncos vs Patriots....this is Good vs Evil on a grand scale! Manning who has done EVERYTHING the right way in his career, and Brady who will go down in history as the greatest* quarterback of our generation; with EVERY one of their Super Bowl victories mired in controversy. Recording team practices and deflating balls. Even Belichick admitted "If you're not cheating, you're not trying".

It's amazing when you watch the Patriots Broadcasting Network....I mean the NFL Network how everyone, I mean virtually EVERYONE is stacking the odds against the Broncos! Have you ever competed in a sport where EVERYONE was rooting AGAINST you and NO ONE gave you a chance to win? That provides a motivation that nothing else can give you!

You watch tomorrow, you're going to see a Broncos team more fired up than you have EVER seen before!!!
Er, actually, much as it pains me to say, "if you're not cheating, you're not trying," was that roid-raging psycho Romanowskis line. At least we finally dumped him and he found his way to the Raiders where he belonged (and then the BALCO scandal, but not before ending a rookie TEAMMATES career by punching him so hard in PRACTICE that he shattered the guys eye socket.) Yeah, Bill, Shannon's still a warrior, and you're still a cheating cheap-shotting douche.

Sorry, just had to get the disavowal out; yeah, you're right otherwise, and the part of me that thinks the NFL's just the WWF with better production values thinks that narrative favors us the same way Ray Lewis' pre-playoff retirement announcement favored a crappy Ravens team in 2012. Unless the NFL decides more people will tune in to boo the heel than cheer the hero, in which case we're screwed.

tripp
01-23-2016, 11:15 AM
When it's all said and done, no matter what, Tom Brady will be considered the best QB of all time, and I think it's more than deserved. I wish he had one season like Peyton had, where he was equipped with 4 stud receivers. Just out of shear curiosity, would like to see if he could break Peyton's TD record.

OrangeHoof
01-23-2016, 11:20 AM
1997: Broncos were heavy underdogs to the Packers for SB 32. On Media Day, the Broncos were all very respectful to the Packers. After Denver won, Shannon Sharpe revealed that this was part of the strategy - make the Packers think they'd win in a cakewalk. Eugene Robinson's sideline rant was priceless "Dey're not better dan us! Dey ain't even good!"

2006: ESPN plays up USC as the Greatest College Football Team of All Time before their Rose Bowl game against Texas. Mack Brown said later that ESPN did everything he could have possibly wanted to motivate the Longhorns and overinflate the egos of the Trojans. Vince Young had been seething inside since the Heisman snub. Young led Texas to a 41-38 upset.

Can the media love for the Patriots light a fire for the Broncos? No, I don't think so because Denver already beat them this year. But I think the media is overlooking what the Broncos can do to disrupt the New England offense.

OrangeHoof
01-23-2016, 11:27 AM
Time for the Woody Allen segment in "Annie Hall" where his elementary school class tells us what they are doing now:

"I'm going to be a drug dealer."

"I'm going to be convicted of insider trading."

Today's class: "I'm going to learn how to get away with cheating, just like Bill Belichick."

tripp
01-23-2016, 11:47 AM
1997: Broncos were heavy underdogs to the Packers for SB 32. On Media Day, the Broncos were all very respectful to the Packers. After Denver won, Shannon Sharpe revealed that this was part of the strategy - make the Packers think they'd win in a cakewalk. Eugene Robinson's sideline rant was priceless "Dey're not better dan us! Dey ain't even good!"

2006: ESPN plays up USC as the Greatest College Football Team of All Time before their Rose Bowl game against Texas. Mack Brown said later that ESPN did everything he could have possibly wanted to motivate the Longhorns and overinflate the egos of the Trojans. Vince Young had been seething inside since the Heisman snub. Young led Texas to a 41-38 upset.

Can the media love for the Patriots light a fire for the Broncos? No, I don't think so because Denver already beat them this year. But I think the media is overlooking what the Broncos can do to disrupt the New England offense.

The attention New England gets for being favorites only helps the Broncos cause. Nothing good comes from being the favorites. Will Mark Schlereth's endorsement help the Patriots push that extra mile? Probably not. Will Danny Trevathan want to hit Edelman that much harder because he feels his team is being disrespected by the media? Probably.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-23-2016, 11:55 AM
As the ancient proverb states, "from the mouths of babes".

PatriotsGuy
01-23-2016, 01:12 PM
moderated

Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwxXsEltyas

Timmy!
01-23-2016, 01:58 PM
Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwxXsEltyas

Pags, after listening to that guys voice for 5 seconds I already want to slap the shit out of him.

I Eat Staples
01-23-2016, 08:20 PM
When it's all said and done, no matter what, Tom Brady will be considered the best QB of all time, and I think it's more than deserved. I wish he had one season like Peyton had, where he was equipped with 4 stud receivers. Just out of shear curiosity, would like to see if he could break Peyton's TD record.

2007 he had an absolutely stacked team, including the best receiver to ever play football Randy Moss.

wayninja
01-24-2016, 02:05 AM
I tried to watch the deflategate science stuff, but my new phone won't open the link. Makes me wish I hadn't ritualistically smashed my old cell phone as rote when I got a new one.

But that's just what you do when you get a new cell phone days after your old one is requested regarding an ethics investigation.

You know, but, science, and stuff.

pulse
01-24-2016, 03:50 AM
2007 he had an absolutely stacked team, including the best receiver to ever play football Randy Moss.

This! this! this!.... I'm so sick of hearing about poor Brady having no talented receivers. He's had one of if not the greatest flanker and hands down the best slot receiver to ever play the game. The Patriots' offense the last decade has developed into more of a system of precision timing, quick throws, diversive short routes and screens type of passing attack. Perhaps that offense is a result of Brady's own strengths as a QB or simply the way New England's system has evolved the last half of his career. Either way, he needs tough slot style route runners to run and execute it. They use a lot of their passing plays like designed runs and Brady has two of the best receivers currently in the NFL from which to operate that style offense, and no doubt the best TE, who may also go down as one of the greatest of all time.

Brady is already one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game and I know he makes his receivers better, but the whole "he has nobody to throw to" sob story has mold growing on it. New England has a system of offense and they're damn good at evaluating talent to operate it.

tomjonesrocks
01-24-2016, 07:46 AM
Brady is already one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game and I know he makes his receivers better, but the whole "he has nobody to throw to" sob story has mold growing on it. New England has a system of offense and they're damn good at evaluating talent to operate it.

Absolutely. Gronkowski is already arguably the most dominant TE of all time. To make it seem like Brady is carrying the likes of Ricky Nattiel and Mark Jackson to Super Bowls is absurd.