PDA

View Full Version : So apparently Stinky would be shocked if we beat the Patriots

Northman
01-21-2016, 04:14 PM
I mean, i know its not going to be easy but damn buddy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BA0K7VmjEdM/

weazel
01-21-2016, 05:24 PM
Broncos are the underdog... I don't think there are many that truly think Denver wins this.

arapaho2
01-21-2016, 05:35 PM
I prefer the underdog roll

Davii
01-21-2016, 05:35 PM
I'd be shocked as well. I mean, they're such a dominant team. I just don't see that we have a chance.

weazel
01-21-2016, 05:36 PM
lol nice troll bait Davii

BroncoWave
01-21-2016, 05:38 PM
I don't necessarily disagree with him. I think saying "shocked" is taking it a bit too far, but they are definitely the favorites. Sure we CAN win, definitely capable, but (and this is just my opinion, not meant personally against anyone) I think anyone who thinks it's more likely that Denver will win than NE will is being a bit of a homer. Nothing wrong with that, everyone is going to be biased toward their own team, but in trying to look at it objectively, I just don't see how we would be considered the favorites.

Davii
01-21-2016, 05:38 PM
lol nice troll bait Davii

It doesn't work when you call it out Weazel! lol

weazel
01-21-2016, 05:40 PM
Denver should just skip the game... what's the use of even trying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf-AmedKfRc

Davii
01-21-2016, 06:42 PM
Denver should just skip the game... what's the use of even trying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf-AmedKfRc

I'm with you here Weaz. No chance.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-21-2016, 07:15 PM
Watch us hang a 40 burger on the Patriots. :laugh:

NightTerror218
01-21-2016, 07:17 PM
Watch us hang a 40 burger on the Patriots. :laugh:

That is a lot of defensive TDs

tripp
01-21-2016, 07:43 PM
The two best teams in the AFC are playing each other, why would it shock anyone if one team beat the other?

Dapper Dan
01-21-2016, 11:28 PM
The two best teams in the AFC are playing each other, why would it shock anyone if one team beat the other?

What if the Broncos win and you go outside to piss and you accidentally piss on an electric fence?

Davii
01-21-2016, 11:37 PM
What if the Broncos win and you go outside to piss and you accidentally piss on an electric fence?

That'd be shocking

Nomad
01-21-2016, 11:46 PM
Broncos are the underdog... I don't think there are many that truly think Denver wins this.

BRONCOS 29
Patriots 26

I guess I'm in the minority then.

tomjonesrocks
01-21-2016, 11:52 PM
If I had to put money on it I would not bet Denver.

That said this defense can prove me wrong. Control the clock, run well, keep it close - hit Brady hard and often. Hit Gronk clean -- just above the knees - but make him think about the low hits.

If we get a fairly called game and out painful clock-wasting game plan and killer defense keeps us close there's that chance of pulling it out late.

If Manning could turn back the clock just one game though...maybe the Pats are in trouble.

WARHORSE
01-22-2016, 12:12 AM
Then let Stinky be surprised.

dogfish
01-22-2016, 12:18 AM
fine, stink. . . you're so dead to me now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOdTzw2grnw

chazoe60
01-22-2016, 12:55 AM
I don't think Stink has picked us to win a game since he retired.

tripp
01-22-2016, 02:04 AM

Atleast I'd die knowing the Broncos went to the Superbowl.

Joel
01-22-2016, 03:21 AM
I bet he hasn't picked us to win a SB, which would mean he's batting a thousand on that one.

Reality: We haven't been very GOOD since he retired; hmm, what's the connection.... *ponders*

Joel
01-22-2016, 03:22 AM
The Broncos have GONE to more SBs than anyone but Pitt, Dallas and the Cheatriots; the problem has been WINNING them (or just avoiding blow outs; the list of biggest SB blow outs (http://sportslistoftheday.com/2013/01/08/nfl-the-biggest-blowouts-in-super-bowl-history/) shows "WE'RE #1!!!" and have THREE of the top FIVE, plus #13 and a tie for #16.)

BroncoWave
01-22-2016, 07:25 AM

They actually tested that on mythbusters, and found that while possible, it's pretty unlikely that the electricity would actually travel up the stream and hurt you, so you'd probably be fine! :D

Dapper Dan
01-22-2016, 08:33 AM
They actually tested that on mythbusters, and found that while possible, it's pretty unlikely that the electricity would actually travel up the stream and hurt you, so you'd probably be fine! :D

He's hung low.

Davii
01-22-2016, 08:36 AM
I was listening to Tom Nalen on 104.3 this morning and he thinks the Broncos will win, said he's not worried. One awesome Bronco lineman cancels another.

Nomad
01-22-2016, 08:54 AM

Schlereth has always been wishy washy on the BRONCOS. He's a 'looking at all the reasons the BRONCOS could lose' kinda guy rather than having faith in their strengths to win.

MasterShake
01-22-2016, 08:56 AM
I've decided that the media (especially the sports media) just likes to be contrarians or shock artists to get clicks and reads. The truth is more in line with the Vegas odds that this will be a tight game with a slight advantage to New England, but apparently it will be SHOCKING if the home #1 seed will win. Just like last week when the narrative that Kansas City was THE HOTTEST team in the NFL right now and NO ONE would be surprised if they went into New England and won.

So just remember, last week Kansas City was going to beat New England at their place and now we are going to lose big time at home according to the media. :rolleyes:

MasterShake
01-22-2016, 08:57 AM
I was listening to Tom Nalen on 104.3 this morning and he thinks the Broncos will win, said he's not worried. One awesome Bronco lineman cancels another.

I love hearing Nalen on the radio again, he was great a few years ago on his show with Nate Kreckman.

Joel
01-22-2016, 09:01 AM
Haven't adolescent boys in the western states been testing this pretty much since electric fences were invented? Electrocuted penises aren't fun, but fences aren't fatal; ranchers tend to prefer slaughtering cattle themselves, not having them drop dead in the field.

Northman
01-22-2016, 09:54 AM
I've decided that the media (especially the sports media) just likes to be contrarians or shock artists to get clicks and reads. The truth is more in line with the Vegas odds that this will be a tight game with a slight advantage to New England, but apparently it will be SHOCKING if the home #1 seed will win. Just like last week when the narrative that Kansas City was THE HOTTEST team in the NFL right now and NO ONE would be surprised if they went into New England and won.

So just remember, last week Kansas City was going to beat New England at their place and now we are going to lose big time at home according to the media. :rolleyes:

Everyone thought the Pats would destroy us in the regular season to. We have been hearing that mantra all year about how so and so teams are going to kill us, we cant beat NE, we cant beat Cincy, we cant be GB, blah blah blah blah and more blah.

chazoe60
01-22-2016, 10:00 AM
The Broncos have GONE to more SBs than anyone but Pitt, Dallas and the Cheatriots; the problem has been WINNING them (or just avoiding blow outs; the list of biggest SB blow outs (http://sportslistoftheday.com/2013/01/08/nfl-the-biggest-blowouts-in-super-bowl-history/) shows "WE'RE #1!!!" and have THREE of the top FIVE, plus #13 and a tie for #16.)

Well geez, thanks for that shitty little history lesson that we all ******* knew anyway. You're the kinda guy who hangs out with divorced people and never stops talking about their exes

Joel
01-22-2016, 10:08 AM
Sorry, man, just tired of the rollercoaster. It's hard to shake the feeling we could well beat NE* in our house, but walk face-first into a buzzsaw against Carolina, especially with the memories of 2013 still fresh in mind. I'd rather lose a Conference Championship with the nation watching than get blown out of a SB with literally the WORLD watching. Denver's been down that road enough times no one really needs reminding, but traveling it AGAIN would pointedly remind the PLANET.

GEM
01-22-2016, 10:16 AM
He's forgotten who he is, where he came from, someone slap him and bring him back to the Orange and Blue. :D

GEM
01-22-2016, 10:17 AM
Sorry, man, just tired of the rollercoaster. It's hard to shake the feeling we could well beat NE* in our house, but walk face-first into a buzzsaw against Carolina, especially with the memories of 2013 still fresh in mind. I'd rather lose a Conference Championship with the nation watching than get blown out of a SB with literally the WORLD watching. Denver's been down that road enough times no one really needs reminding, but traveling it AGAIN would pointedly remind the PLANET.

Eh...be happy, you could be a damn Cleveland Browns fan...man, would that suck!!! Does it suck losing the Super Bowl, **** yea it does....would I trade that for being a fan of some bottom dwellar who never gives you the satisfaction of post season play year after year after year? **** no!

GEM
01-22-2016, 10:20 AM
I love hearing Nalen on the radio again, he was great a few years ago on his show with Nate Kreckman.

I've enjoyed Nalen this week a lot, I hope they keep him and Joel around. Schlereth can go back to his national stuff and I wouldn't really miss him. I love, love, LOVE Dreessen, he cracks me up.

Northman
01-22-2016, 10:21 AM
I rather make a SB even if we lose. Its never been the Broncos fault that they made SB's (even if they got killed) and the rest of the AFC failed to get there. While it would of been nice to have won more of those or even competed better i will never regret us getting the biggest game of the year. I would rather have a shot at a championship than no shot at all. If other teams dont want the Broncos to get blown out than simply beat the Broncos. Simple enough.

chazoe60
01-22-2016, 10:21 AM
I've enjoyed Nalen this week a lot, I hope they keep him and Joel around. Schlereth can go back to his national stuff and I wouldn't really miss him.

I've grown to not really like stink much. He's just another talking ESPN head to me who never shuts the **** up.

EastCoastBronco
01-22-2016, 10:22 AM
I think Schelereth is so caught up in his pragmatic, "tell it like it is" persona he forgets sometimes that a little luck and magic are involved in winning a game, too.

There was quite a bit of both in our '97 super bowl run.

C'mon, man...

Davii
01-22-2016, 10:31 AM

If you're so tired of the "roller coaster" you could always just get off, hell, you could leave the amusement park if you wanted to.

BroncoJoe
01-22-2016, 10:36 AM
I think Schelereth is so caught up in his pragmatic, "tell it like it is" persona he forgets sometimes that a little luck and magic are involved in winning a game, too.

There was quite a bit of both in our '97 super bowl run.

C'mon, man...

He's kind of like the '72 Dolphins. His '97 & '98 teams were the greatest ever and won't give any credit to any other Broncos team. That's my take anyway.

GEM
01-22-2016, 10:44 AM
Nalen just said...Pats fans...I don't know, there weren't any of them 20 years ago. :laugh:

Mike
01-22-2016, 10:57 AM
The Pats aren't exactly a dynamo either. They have struggled and looked pedestrian this year too. I go back and forth on Denver's chances to win. We need the defense to unleash the dogs and bring the pressure on Brady. If we can make him feel the heat, get in his face, and dump him on his prat often then they will win.

This is a game that either team can win. They have a better coach and QB though, so you have to lean towards them. A blowout would be shocking, but either team winning a tight game shouldn't be.

Either way, I like Denver being the underdog. Takes the pressure off when you aren't expected to win.

TXBRONC
01-22-2016, 11:30 AM
That'd be shocking

Are planning to stand that close to electric fence?

TXBRONC
01-22-2016, 11:35 AM
The Pats aren't exactly a dynamo either. They have struggled and looked pedestrian this year too. I go back and forth on Denver's chances to win. We need the defense to unleash the dogs and bring the pressure on Brady. If we can make him feel the heat, get in his face, and dump him on his prat often then they will win.

This is a game that either team can win. They have a better coach and QB though, so you have to lean towards them. A blowout would be shocking, but either team winning a tight game shouldn't be.

Either way, I like Denver being the underdog. Takes the pressure off when you aren't expected to win.

The first six weeks of the season they looked great. That might of had something to do with competition they faced.

EastCoastBronco
01-22-2016, 11:37 AM
I think our D is going to make Tom Lady's day an unbearable one and save our ass.
They'll keep it close so that when our anemic offence puts together one or two good drives, it will be enough to win.

I'm not expecting anything different than I have seen all season.
And I'm glad we are at home...

Ravage!!!
01-22-2016, 11:48 AM

yeah... I saw that test, and I can tell you from personal experience, they are full of shit. :lol: It HURTS a lot, and it does go up the stream. Their test model had a pretty weak bladder or something!

Ravage!!!
01-22-2016, 11:51 AM

Yeah sucks to have such success in a franchise... doesn't it? I mean, golly gee, how horrible is it to be in the top 4 in NFL history to go to the Championship game. Just horrible. I mean, I feel so sorry for your feelings in rooting for such a despicable franchise.

I'm like you. I would prefer to just be like the Browns. Not worry about losing the super bowl, at all. Hell, it helps with all that playoff disappointment altogether. Who needs it, right?

BroncoWave
01-22-2016, 02:49 PM
yeah... I saw that test, and I can tell you from personal experience, they are full of shit. :lol: It HURTS a lot, and it does go up the stream. Their test model had a pretty weak bladder or something!

So you went around peeing on electric fences in your youth huh? That explains a lot! :D

Ravage!!!
01-22-2016, 03:36 PM
So you went around peeing on electric fences in your youth huh? That explains a lot! :D

hah.. yeah I think it just might!!

tripp
01-22-2016, 05:45 PM
So I tweeted Mark Schlereth to let him know how I felt about his pick.

https://twitter.com/markschlereth/status/690664860246478852

Davii
01-22-2016, 06:12 PM
So I tweeted Mark Schlereth to let him know how I felt about his pick.

https://twitter.com/markschlereth/status/690664860246478852

Tell him he stinks. "Hey Stink... you stink!"

Ravage!!!
01-22-2016, 07:06 PM
Mark is right, we are NOT very good on the offensive side of the football. We 'stink' on offense. Hard to pick a team that can't score.

But I like that Jackson always picks the Broncos, no matter what.

NightTerror218
01-22-2016, 07:30 PM
Mark is right, we are NOT very good on the offensive side of the football. We 'stink' on offense. Hard to pick a team that can't score.

But I like that Jackson always picks the Broncos, no matter what.

However I feel with this offense they can move the ball, problem has been settling for FGs. If they can just turn the redzone FGS into TD we would score much more.

thunndarr
01-23-2016, 02:23 AM
However I feel with this offense they can move the ball, problem has been settling for FGs. If they can just turn the redzone FGS into TD we would score much more.

Well, it's like, how do you quantify what the dropped passes mean? I haven't watched the game again, but it felt like most against the Steelers were drive killers. If all of those drops became completions, what does that mean for the drive and for the final score? I would say easily 10-20 more points, which not only extends the lead, but keeps their offense off the field. All of a sudden, a so-so offense looks pretty good.

Canmore
01-23-2016, 02:27 AM
Well, it's like, how do you quantify what the dropped passes mean? I haven't watched the game again, but it felt like most against the Steelers were drive killers. If all of those drops became completions, what does that mean for the drive and for the final score? I would say easily 10-20 more points, which not only extends the lead, but keeps their offense off the field. All of a sudden, a so-so offense looks pretty good.

A lot of truth in this post. Can't say how many points, but definitely a more commanding victory.

dogfish
01-23-2016, 02:40 AM
A lot of truth in this post. Can't say how many points, but definitely a more commanding victory.

if they catch two of the six easy ones that they dropped, it would've saved me three of those four mini-strokes. . .

and probably killed a dozen people in vegas. . .

either way, i think we need to learn more about thunndarr. . .

Canmore
01-23-2016, 02:48 AM
if they catch two of the six easy ones that they dropped, it would've saved me three of those four mini-strokes. . .

On both those points, I would agree.

GEM
01-23-2016, 06:39 AM

I miss my dogfish!

Joel
01-23-2016, 07:09 AM
Yeah sucks to have such success in a franchise... doesn't it? I mean, golly gee, how horrible is it to be in the top 4 in NFL history to go to the Championship game. Just horrible. I mean, I feel so sorry for your feelings in rooting for such a despicable franchise.

I'm like you. I would prefer to just be like the Browns. Not worry about losing the super bowl, at all. Hell, it helps with all that playoff disappointment altogether. Who needs it, right?
Right, because those are the SOLE options: Get blown out of a lots of SBs, or shut out of lots of postseasons. There's NO middle ground (like the WINNING SB records of ALL THREE other teams with the arbitrarily chosen "top 4" with the most Championship appearances (in the SB era.)) That's NO false dichotomy at all:

EVERYONE'S either the Browns and Lions or has a SB record of 6-2, 5-3, 4-3 or 2-5 like Pitt, Dallas, NE* and us. And 2-5 is practically the same as 4-3 or 6-2. Even when ALL FIVE losses were BLOW OUTS by 20+, including the BIGGEST EVER, and all but one of the top three. :rolleyes: Guess which all-time SB records are SOLELY ours:

Denver has LOST more SBs than ANYONE, including the BIGGEST BLOW OUT EVER. We finally pulled ahead of the Vikings and Bills for most choke jobs; yea...? :confused:

Pissing on an electric fence, indeed: Your ONLY choices are that or not even HAVING a fence, so shut up and take your beating with a proud grateful smile!

Davii
01-23-2016, 09:55 AM

I completely agree with this. If we didn't have those drops everywhere I think we score at least 7 more points. Another TD and we score 30. If our offense can put 30 points on the board we win and it doesn't even matter who the opponent is. 30 points, we win. I don't think, barring some sort of horrific collapse, anyone scores 30 or more on our D.

Ravage!!!
01-23-2016, 10:07 AM

Uhmmm....welll.. yeah.

Ravage!!!
01-23-2016, 10:14 AM
Right, because those are the SOLE options: Get blown out of a lots of SBs, or shut out of lots of postseasons. There's NO middle ground (like the WINNING SB records of ALL THREE other teams with the arbitrarily chosen "top 4" with the most Championship appearances (in the SB era.)) That's NO false dichotomy at all:

EVERYONE'S either the Browns and Lions or has a SB record of 6-2, 5-3, 4-3 or 2-5 like Pitt, Dallas, NE* and us. And 2-5 is practically the same as 4-3 or 6-2. Even when ALL FIVE losses were BLOW OUTS by 20+, including the BIGGEST EVER, and all but one of the top three. :rolleyes: Guess which all-time SB records are SOLELY ours:

Denver has LOST more SBs than ANYONE, including the BIGGEST BLOW OUT EVER. We finally pulled ahead of the Vikings and Bills for most choke jobs; yea...? :confused:

Pissing on an electric fence, indeed: Your ONLY choices are that or not even HAVING a fence, so shut up and take your beating with a proud grateful smile!

No. YOu are BITCHING about losing Super Bowls. You sound like a petulant child that just doesn't seem to see and realize all that you have, and only see the "poor me" perspective. It's absurd. You are complaining that we LOST the mos Super Bowls. Whahhh. That means we've been to enough Super Bowls to ahve done that, you spoiled brat. It means that our team has actually been relevant enough to GO to the Championships.

If you don't see that as success, in itself, and realize that GOING to a Super Bowl is pretty damned difficult, then thats a YOU problem. The fact that we are amongst the top 4 franchises in Super Bowl appearances, is F**CKING awesome. I'm sorry that you just want to whine and cry and complain about how "I'd rather lose in the playoffs than lose in the SUper Bowl."

I hear nothing but a spoiled brat. You need to be spanked, put in the corner until you stop pouting, and then taken down to some of the poorer franchises that have yet gone to win a Super Bowl ( not to mention win one) so that you can see just how lucky the Broncos actually have it.

It sounds like maybe you want to jump onto that bandwagon, with Silk, that is rolling around NE.

You've gotten me worked up over this, as I'm sick of this perspective from fans. It's embarrassing.

Joel
01-23-2016, 10:31 AM
It's not just, and certainly not primarily, the SB losses that bother me, but the HUMILIATING BLOWOUTS. You think 55-10's something to be PROUD of? 43-8? 42-10? 39-20? Or how 'bout the "close" one: 27-10, the one where Morton was 4/15 for 39 yds, 0 TDs and 4 Ints; when DENVER got "spanked" so hard every Broncos fan who saw it's STILL pissed 40 years later.

It's like France bragging about the wars its lost since Julius Caesar put them on the map by MARCHING OVER THEM. But, hey, at least France can be proud it was IN WWII—for 5 weeks. My SB XXXII-XXXIII Champs cap's getting faded, but I just didn't feel like buying an AFC Champs cap after 43-8: Rather than remind ANYONE, I was hoping EVERYONE would FORGET that game ASAP. Little chance of that though; my Norwegian wifes teen cousin shared his pity for it just a few months ago.

Northman
01-23-2016, 10:39 AM
It's not just, and certainly not primarily, the SB losses that bother me, but the HUMILIATING BLOWOUTS. You think 55-10's something to be PROUD of? 43-8? 42-10? 39-20? Or how 'bout the "close" one: 27-10, the one where Morton was 4/15 for 39 yds, 0 TDs and 4 Ints; when DENVER got "spanked" so hard every Broncos fan who saw it's STILL pissed 40 years later.

It's like France bragging about the wars its lost since Julius Caesar put them on the map by MARCHING OVER THEM. But, hey, at least France can be proud it was IN WWII—for 5 weeks. My SB XXXII-XXXIII Champs cap's getting faded, but I just didn't feel like buying an AFC Champs cap after 43-8: Rather than remind ANYONE, I was hoping EVERYONE would FORGET that game ASAP. Little chance of that though; my Norwegian wifes teen cousin shared his pity for it just a few months ago.

I can guarantee you that the Buffalo Bills who lost 4 in a row and a couple if horrible fashion do not regret making those SB's. If you cant handle SB blowouts than why bother watching the Broncos at all? I know what your standard answer will be but it always sounds like you never like this team for one reason or the other. It goes beyond the normal bitching and moaning and thats just incredibly weird to me. I get being upset or pissed off in the moment but looking back we were still the 2nd best team in the league who just happened to have a really bad day. It happens.

Ravage!!!
01-23-2016, 10:39 AM

you poor thing.

Joel
01-23-2016, 10:50 AM
I can guarantee you that the Buffalo Bills who lost 4 in a row and a couple if horrible fashion do not regret making those SB's. If you cant handle SB blowouts than why bother watching the Broncos at all? I know what your standard answer will be but it always sounds like you never like this team for one reason or the other. It goes beyond the normal bitching and moaning and thats just incredibly weird to me. I get being upset or pissed off in the moment but looking back we were still the 2nd best team in the league who just happened to have a really bad day. It happens.
Maybe, but NO ONE remembers them as "the team that was AFC Champs 4 years straight:" They'll ALWAYS be "the team that LOST 4 straight SBs." At least the first one was close though, and that's what everyone really remembers: That they could've and probably should've won if Norwood had been up to the moment. I can live with a game like that. But throwing a championship away literally on the first SNAP, then spending THREE ENTIRE QUARTERS just trying to avoid setting a record as the first Conference Champ (yea!) SHUT OUT IN A SB (boo!)?

TOTAL HUMILIATION doesn't get BETTER on a BIGGER stage. If we're gonna get annihilated from the opening kick, I'd just as soon it was in December on a regional broadcast rather than February on a global one. And this is America: Coming in 2nd just makes you the "best" LOSER; Lombardi got that, and that's why the trophy's got his name on it. Okay, fine, we're the biggest SB losers in NFL history, losing more than ANYONE, by a combined margin of 206-58: Yea.

Ravage!!!
01-23-2016, 10:50 AM
I can guarantee you that the Buffalo Bills who lost 4 in a row and a couple if horrible fashion do not regret making those SB's.

Not to mention looking like a team that dominated the AFC.

I know what your standard answer will be but it always sounds like you never like this team for one reason or the other. It goes beyond the normal bitching and moaning and thats just incredibly weird to me.
Ironically enough, I think it was the fact that Denver was GOING to the Super Bowls that made joel a "fan" to begin with.

Ravage!!!
01-23-2016, 10:54 AM
Maybe, but NO ONE remembers them as "the team that was AFC Champs 4 years straight:" They'll ALWAYS be "the team that LOST 4 straight SBs." At least the first one was close though, and that's what everyone really remembers: That they could've and probably should've won if Norwood had been up to the moment. I can live with a game like that. But throwing a championship away literally on the first SNAP, then spending THREE ENTIRE QUARTERS just trying to set a record as the first Conference Champ (yea!) SHUT OUT IN A SB (boo!)?

TOTAL HUMILIATION doesn't get BETTER on a BIGGER stage. If we're gonna get annihilated from the opening kick, I'd just as soon it was in December on a regional broadcast rather than February on a global one.

:sniff: :sniff: Actually, they are remembered as the team that dominated the AFC for 4 straight years. Maybe not by you, as you seem to be the one that focuses on that. I mean, a 49 yrder isn't a gimme.

But you couldn't/wouldn't "handle that kind of loss." You'd still bitch and whine about losing "another" Super Bowl.

I honestly believe that you would be happier rooting for the Chiefs or Browns. That way, you never have to worry about being "blown out" on the world stage, and only have to HOPE to win a playoff game!! yay!

Northman
01-23-2016, 10:56 AM
Maybe, but NO ONE remembers them as "the team that was AFC Champs 4 years straight:" They'll ALWAYS be "the team that LOST 4 straight SBs." At least the first one was close though, and that's what everyone really remembers: That they could've and probably should've won if Norwood had been up to the moment. I can live with a game like that. But throwing a championship away literally on the first SNAP, then spending THREE ENTIRE QUARTERS just trying to avoid setting a record as the first Conference Champ (yea!) SHUT OUT IN A SB (boo!)?

TOTAL HUMILIATION doesn't get BETTER on a BIGGER stage. If we're gonna get annihilated from the opening kick, I'd just as soon it was in December on a regional broadcast rather than February on a global one.

Yea but Joel, no one remembers the Seahawks being the second best team last year either. But the reality is they were the 2nd best team who just happened to lose to the other team in the final seconds. While getting your ass handed to you sucks one thing that i would always take away from those games was that we simply got outmatched and outplayed that day. It became more laughable for me and i took those SB losses far easier than i did the Ravens loss in the playoffs in 2012 or if i had been a Hawk fan losing the way they did last year. Knowing that you have a real chance to win a particular game is always harder to swallow when you know you have a chance vs just getting destroyed by the better team that day. Obviously, i wish Denver could have competed better in those SB's but it just wasnt meant to be but im still very appreciative of the fact we got there when so many other teams have not been there or been there in a very long time.

Slick
01-23-2016, 11:02 AM
Getting blown out in several Superbowls is extremely embarrassing and it sucks when fans of other teams rib you about it so I see Joel's point there. It really sucks.

That said, Denver is a great franchise and knowing you have a shot each and every year is pretty damn fun. Like Ravage said, top 4 in franchises in Superbowl appearances is pretty damn impressive.

I can empathize with both sides of this argument.

Joel
01-23-2016, 11:08 AM
Not to mention looking like a team that dominated the AFC.

Ironically enough, I think it was the fact that Denver was GOING to the Super Bowls that made joel a "fan" to begin with.
Nope, I "hopped on the bandwagon" SOLELY because the hometown team I grew up with LEFT town (or was kidnapped...) but, far more importantly, I did it in the weeks after the Broncos "bandwagon" hadn't gone anywhere but ONE-AND-DONE AGAINST A SECOND YEAR EXPANSION TEAM. Repeat: I hopped on after that but BEFORE the next season started, though, as I recall, even then Denver lost the division to KC and needed a wildcard berth plus a bunch of road victories to earn the right to face the defending champs. Doesn't sound like much of a bandwagon.

tripp
01-23-2016, 11:09 AM

I was listening to Toronto's ESPN radio back in November and they had Andre Reed (Buffalo Bills receiver during 4 SB appearances), and they were talking about the premiere of the Bills 30 for 30. Andre Reed said, at the beginning it was hard for the entire team to grasp that they thought lost 4 consecutive SB's. Now he says, it's pretty amazing that a team went to 4 consecutive SB's, regardless of the losses. The fact that they were that dominant for 4 years in a row and no other team today has accomplished that. He said he doesn't even look at as losses anymore, looks at it as something amazing that no one else has done.

Point is, the fact that you even got there, deserves credit in itself. No easy task making the SB, regardless if you win or lose.

Joel
01-23-2016, 11:15 AM
Yea but Joel, no one remembers the Seahawks being the second best team last year either. But the reality is they were the 2nd best team who just happened to lose to the other team in the final seconds. While getting your ass handed to you sucks one thing that i would always take away from those games was that we simply got outmatched and outplayed that day. It became more laughable for me and i took those SB losses far easier than i did the Ravens loss in the playoffs in 2012 or if i had been a Hawk fan losing the way they did last year. Knowing that you have a real chance to win a particular game is always harder to swallow when you know you have a chance vs just getting destroyed by the better team that day. Obviously, i wish Denver could have competed better in those SB's but it just wasnt meant to be but im still very appreciative of the fact we got there when so many other teams have not been there or been there in a very long time.
Knowing you had a chance and the ball just didn't bounce your way or you just didn't capitalize on quite enough opportunities makes it more bearable for me, because then you can defiantly shout, "just wait till next year!" and then live up to that. Also, Seattle was defending champs, which removes even more of the sting; like the '97 Pack, they'll always be remembered as SB CHAMPS who almost but not quite repeated. Not a one year wonder that turned into an embarrassment when it was time to put up or shut up, then faded back into obscurity where it always belonged.

It's slightly better than being the '79 Bucs or '99 Vikings, but only slightly; at least no one but football geeks remember WHY those two are memorable.

Northman
01-23-2016, 11:18 AM
Knowing you had a chance and the ball just didn't bounce your way or you just didn't capitalize on quite enough opportunities makes it more bearable for me, because then you can defiantly shout, "just wait till next year!" and then live up to that. Also, Seattle was defending champs, which removes even more of the sting; like the '97 Pack, they'll always be remembered as SB CHAMPS who almost but not quite repeated. Not a one year wonder that turned into an embarrassment when it was time to put up or shut up, then faded back into obscurity where it always belonged.

It's slightly better than being the '79 Bucs or '99 Vikings, but only slightly; at least no one but football geeks remember WHY those two are memorable.

I can guarantee you (as my best friend is a Pack fan) he does not consider the 97' team as the team that "almost" got another one. He hated that loss and even more when Denver went to repeat the following year.

Joel
01-23-2016, 11:19 AM
I was listening to Toronto's ESPN radio back in November and they had Andre Reed (Buffalo Bills receiver during 4 SB appearances), and they were talking about the premiere of the Bills 30 for 30. Andre Reed said, at the beginning it was hard for the entire team to grasp that they thought lost 4 consecutive SB's. Now he says, it's pretty amazing that a team went to 4 consecutive SB's, regardless of the losses. The fact that they were that dominant for 4 years in a row and no other team today has accomplished that. He said he doesn't even look at as losses anymore, looks at it as something amazing that no one else has done.

Point is, the fact that you even got there, deserves credit in itself. No easy task making the SB, regardless if you win or lose.
But they WEREN'T "dominant:" They were only dominant IN THE AFC, which was in the middle of a 13-year streak (17 if we ignore the cheating Raiders) of the "good" conference blowing the Hell out of it in SBs so regularly people started calling it "the Super Bore:" It was over as soon as the gun sounded in the NFCCG; the only uncertainty in the SB was whether the AFC could make it respectable—and the answer was usually "LOL." Are the Washington Generals "dominant"?

By the way, that 13-year AFC losing streak? Another reason I wasn't hopping on any "bandwagon" in '97; part of the reason I picked the Broncos in preseason was because after each of the last two NFCCGs I'd picked Dallas and then GB to on a revenge tour, so picking an AFC team to win it all was more of a challenge; picking them to repeat was really pushing my luck. *sigh* And then I picked the Oilers to... not be the Oilers; I knew better, I really did.... :(

Joel
01-23-2016, 11:24 AM
I can guarantee you (as my best friend is a Pack fan) he does not consider the 97' team as the team that "almost" got another one. He hated that loss and even more when Denver went to repeat the following year.
Yeah, but does it embarrass him? My best friend's a Pack fan, too, and when we talk about it what HE talks about is how we jobbed them out of their repeat championship with all our "dirty" cut blocks. I don't find that argument credible, but it's PLAUSIBLE because we beat them by 7, not 70. You don't hear it from Falcons fans though: Because NOTHING ON EARTH could've saved them that day, and everyone knows it, so they shut up about it and hope everyone else does the same.

tripp
01-23-2016, 11:30 AM
But they WEREN'T "dominant:" They were only dominant IN THE AFC, which was in the middle of a 13-year streak (17 if we ignore the cheating Raiders) of the "good" conference blowing the Hell out of it in SBs so regularly people started calling it "the Super Bore:" It was over as soon as the gun sounded in the NFCCG; the only uncertainty in the SB was whether the AFC could make it respectable—and the answer was usually "LOL." Are the Washington Generals "dominant"?

In Toronto we normally call Buffalo "the city of losers" because how unsuccessful their sports teams are. I'm normally on your side Joel, but I dunno about the comment "it was over as soon as the gun sounded in the NFCCG", because the Bills lost some gut wrenching games in the SB. For example Scott Norwood's missed 47 yard FG which would've won it. It's not like they were blown out by any stretch.

Ravage!!!
01-23-2016, 11:33 AM
In Toronto we normally call Buffalo "the city of losers" because how unsuccessful their sports teams are. I'm normally on your side Joel, but I dunno about the comment "it was over as soon as the gun sounded in the NFCCG", because the Bills lost some gut wrenching games in the SB. For example Scott Norwood's missed 47 yard FG which would've won it. It's not like they were blown out by any stretch.

But.. but what do canandians know? Isn't that the country we send all the t-shirts from the losing team to? :D

Northman
01-23-2016, 11:35 AM
Yeah, but does it embarrass him? My best friend's a Pack fan, too, and when we talk about it what HE talks about is how we jobbed them out of their repeat championship with all our "dirty" cut blocks. I don't find that argument credible, but it's PLAUSIBLE because we beat them by 7, not 70. You don't hear it from Falcons fans though: Because NOTHING ON EARTH could've saved them that day, and everyone knows it, so they shut up about it and hope everyone else does the same.

Was my best friend embarrassed? No. But he took it harder than he would had we beaten them 70-7 because the Pack still had a chance in that game. Again, its one thing to be in the game with a chance to win vs just getting your ass handed to you. If you want to continue to be embarrassed by the losses by all means, be embarrassed. But i would still have rather had a chance that day rather than watch some other team play that wasnt the team i love.

Slick
01-23-2016, 11:36 AM

What? The only close game they played was the Norwood miss. They lost by 13 to Washington, they got blown the eff out by Dallas( 52-17), and lost by 17 the next year to Dallas.

No one remembers how dominant Buffalo was, only that they lost 4 straight.

Northman
01-23-2016, 11:36 AM
Bottom line for me, i will NEVER EVER root for the Broncos not to make the SB.

tripp
01-23-2016, 11:37 AM
But.. but what do canandians know? Isn't that the country we send all the t-shirts from the losing team to? :D

Shiiiiiiit, I'll take a couple of hoodies and t-shirts that says Denver Broncos Superbowl XLVIII Champs on it.

Northman
01-23-2016, 11:37 AM
What? The only close game they played was the Norwood miss. They lost by 13 to Washington, they got blown the eff out by Dallas( 52-17), and lost by 17 the next year to Dallas.

But the reality is they were still the 2nd best team for 4 years despite the losses. But whether you lose by 1 pt or 20 no one remembers the losers.

Ravage!!!
01-23-2016, 11:38 AM
Nope, I "hopped on the bandwagon" SOLELY because the hometown team I grew up with LEFT town (or was kidnapped...) but, far more importantly, I did it in the weeks after the Broncos "bandwagon" hadn't gone anywhere but ONE-AND-DONE AGAINST A SECOND YEAR EXPANSION TEAM. Repeat: I hopped on after that but BEFORE the next season started, though, as I recall, even then Denver lost the division to KC and needed a wildcard berth plus a bunch of road victories to earn the right to face the defending champs. Doesn't sound like much of a bandwagon.

So you only jumped on the bandwagon when we were the best team in the NFL (despite losing).. and you STILL want to menion the "one-and-done against a second year expansion team. :lol: It's almost a joke with you now. You can't seem to get it. You only want to focus on the losses. You'll cheer when we win, but you'll bitch how we didn't win "big enough".. and then complain that our team isn't "dominant enough." You DID jump on the bandwagon when the Broncos were a dominant team, and think that is just how its "supposed to be." Your ONLY big loss, was against ANOTHER SUper Bowl appearance against Seattle, as you werent' even a fan during the others.....YET.... You want to complain about them as if you "Felt" them.

Just keep complaining. I would love to see you and silk in the same room....other than the fact I think it would make me want to shoot myself.

tripp
01-23-2016, 11:39 AM

Well it makes sense that the only SB that comes to mind for me is that game against the Giants. But either way, I refuse to believe the idea that everyone would dismiss the AFC as contenders to win the SB, whoever was in it. With that being said I was only 1 years old during the Bills - Giants SB anyway, so I don't know anything - just what I read and hear about it

Joel
01-23-2016, 11:43 AM
That ONE game's what would've made the whole thing bearable to me as a Bills fan (which I definitely wasn't; they may have had Jim Kelly, but they made the Oilers' life Hell even before The Comeback. But the rest?

In the next SB, Washington jumped out to a 17-0 lead by halftime, then added another TD before Buffalo FINALLY scored; the final 13 pt margin was the closest they'd ever again get. Also, Washingtons 24-0 lead was the largest SB shutout lead until DENVERS last SB: 36-0 at the end of the 3rd qtr; yea, AFC Champs!

The next was 52-17 Cowboys; that's not only a blowout, but ALMOST the BIGGEST EVER—except DENVER earned that "honor" losing 55-10; yea, AFC Champs!

The last started OK, even promisingly; Buffalo managed to stay in it and even take a TD lead at the half—and NEVER SCORED AGAIN, losing by 3 scores. Not the first time a team led at the half but never scored again, nor even the biggest lead blown: DENVER led Washington 10-0 at the half but lost 42-10; yea, AFC Champs!

That, um, didn't make me feel better; thanks? :tongue:

Joel
01-23-2016, 11:49 AM
Was my best friend embarrassed? No. But he took it harder than he would had we beaten them 70-7 because the Pack still had a chance in that game. Again, its one thing to be in the game with a chance to win vs just getting your ass handed to you. If you want to continue to be embarrassed by the losses by all means, be embarrassed. But i would still have rather had a chance that day rather than watch some other team play that wasnt the team i love.
I would rather have had a chance any of those days (well, maybe not the first one; I wasn't a Broncos fan then, just a three-year-old fan of my hometown Oilers and my dads beloved Landry Cowboy Scouts.) But we had NO chance, which EVERYONE know and ALWAYS will. That's the problem.

So you only jumped on the bandwagon when we were the best team in the NFL (despite losing).. and you STILL want to menion the "one-and-done against a second year expansion team. :lol: It's almost a joke with you now. You can't seem to get it. You only want to focus on the losses. You'll cheer when we win, but you'll bitch how we didn't win "big enough".. and then complain that our team isn't "dominant enough." You DID jump on the bandwagon when the Broncos were a dominant team, and think that is just how its "supposed to be." Your ONLY big loss, was against ANOTHER SUper Bowl appearance against Seattle, as you werent' even a fan during the others.....YET.... You want to complain about them as if you "Felt" them.

Just keep complaining. I would love to see you and silk in the same room....other than the fact I think it would make me want to shoot myself.
ONE-AND-DONE against A TEAM THAT HAD ONLY EXISTED TWO YEARS isn't "the best team in the NFL." Neither is getting a WILDCARD. We were undeniably the best in '98, but by then I'd already been onboard nearly two years, so the point was moot. Be grateful your childhood team never packed up and left town; given your listed location, you should be VERY grateful indeed.

Joel
01-23-2016, 11:51 AM
Quick trivia question: Why is Craig Morton remembered by everyone who DOES remember him (except Dallas and Denver fans)?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-23-2016, 11:59 AM
Craig Morton is remembered as being the qb who helped the Broncos become relevant.

Slick
01-23-2016, 12:02 PM
I was 4 years old when Morton led the Broncos to defeat against Dallas. Didn't Red Miller yank Morton and put in Norris Weese in that game.

WARHORSE
01-23-2016, 12:03 PM
I love the grit of our defense. And I think our offense has a chip on its shoulder Peyton included.

Nothin I would love more in this game than to see Brady getting hit very hard in the opening few series and see him start yelling at his linemen.

Ravage!!!
01-23-2016, 12:07 PM
I love the grit of our defense. And I think our offense has a chip on its shoulder Peyton included.

Nothin I would love more in this game than to see Brady getting hit very hard in the opening few series and see him start yelling at his linemen.

I'm with you on t hat. I know Brady will be getting rid of the ball very quickly, just as he did with the Chiefs. He was pinpoint against them on the quick routes to keep that pass rush at bay, and I'm sure the strategy is going to be the same here. Hopefully we'll be able to minimize those windows on those cutting short routes.

Joel
01-23-2016, 01:07 PM
I was 4 years old when Morton led the Broncos to defeat against Dallas. Didn't Red Miller yank Morton and put in Norris Weese in that game.
Ask Manning what happens when the starting QB throws 0 TDs and 4 Ints. Maybe DENVER fans remember Morton as the guy who made the franchise relevant, but I'm pretty sure EVERYONE ELSE gives Elway that honor:

Craig Mortons claim to fame is being THE ONLY STARTING QB TO LOSE A SB FOR BOTH CONFERENCES. Even most Broncos fans don't know that: The achievement was that unforgettably lofty. But at least he GOT there, right? Lost his job to a HoFer both times, but hey, "two-time SB loser" will get him there, too, right?

Anyway, WARHORSE is right to lead us back on topic: We can and should beat NE* the same way Seattle and everyone else has been beating us, because we're facing the same one-dimensional, blocking-incapable offense our opponents have been feasting on since Manning got here. The difference is, Edelman, Amendola and Gronk aren't DT, Decker, Welker and JT, nor even DT, Sanders and JT.

Cover the short routes and don't give Brady time to hit a long one: That simple. Their line's crap, they're down to their #3 RB and we've got a top run AND pass D. Beyond that, at home, it shouldn't be any more complicated than "hang onto the ball so they don't get any short fields." If it takes us another 3 full quarters for CJ or Hillman to find traction, we should have that kind of time unless the D melts or we cough it up a lot.

BroncoJoe
01-23-2016, 01:23 PM
Good grief, Joel.

Northman
01-23-2016, 01:38 PM
But at least he GOT there, right?

Exactly.

MOtorboat
01-23-2016, 01:44 PM
That was ******* ridiculous.

Go back to rooting for Houston and leave us the **** alone.

Ravage!!!
01-23-2016, 01:45 PM
"Sometimes a person's most considerable success is convincing themselves that they never had a chance. Thus, they never lost."

-Ravage!!! January 2016

MOtorboat
01-23-2016, 01:56 PM

I'm very proud to be a Broncos fan.

GEM
01-23-2016, 02:04 PM
I love my Broncos 35 years strong. I remember running up and down our street with my dad's Broncos car window shade when we were headed to the Super Bowl against the Giants when I was in jr. High. I remember driving up and down Federal with a shit ton of other fans in 97 and 98 cheering and having a good time. I remember all of the good times the Broncos have brought to my life. You know what I dont remember...I don't remember the disappointment with losses. They have been relevant damn near my entire life. It's amazing to be a Broncos fan. My team, good or bad...thank goodness it's been almost always good! My thanks to Mr. B and my team for my lifetime love affair with orange and blue.

Joel
01-23-2016, 02:07 PM
"Sometimes a person's most considerable success is convincing themselves that they never had a chance. Thus, they never lost."

-Ravage!!! January 2016
Evidently. Personally, I think a loss is a loss, but its quality matters. But if folks can't see the difference between losing like Rocky in the first movie and Apollo in the fourth, I can't explain it and won't try anymore.

Timmy!
01-23-2016, 02:13 PM
I can't explain it and won't try anymore.

Dear Joel,

Please apply this to every single post from now on. TIA.

Sincerely,
Everybody, ever.

Nomad
01-23-2016, 02:15 PM
I'm very proud to be a Broncos fan.

Yes. When chazoe gets me a job:D, I'll think about moving out of this deep freezer, and move closer to BRONCO nation so I can go to games..

MOtorboat
01-23-2016, 02:22 PM
Evidently. Personally, I think a loss is a loss, but its quality matters. But if folks can't see the difference between losing like Rocky in the first movie and Apollo in the fourth, I can't explain it and won't try anymore.

So I'm stupid because I'm proud of the Broncos history?

chazoe60
01-23-2016, 03:22 PM
Yes. When chazoe gets me a job:D, I'll think about moving out of this deep freezer, and move closer to BRONCO nation so I can go to games..

We may be hiring an apprentice in Rifle fairly soon.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-23-2016, 04:46 PM
We have the second most conference championships in the history of the AFC.

MOtorboat
01-23-2016, 04:51 PM
We have the second most conference championships in the history of the AFC.

You should be ashamed.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-23-2016, 04:53 PM
You should be ashamed.

I am, I'm still in my pajamas.

olathebroncofan
01-23-2016, 06:58 PM
I can't explain it and won't try anymore.

Dear Joel,

Please apply this to every single post from now on. TIA.

Sincerely,
Everybody, ever.

Don't bother. He just keeps coming back.

thunndarr
01-24-2016, 07:01 AM

Loves long walks on the beach, Korean BBQ, American BBQ, Patriot fans' tears, decent grammar, PFM being a Jedi, and sometimes makes relevant comments on the internet.

NightTerror218
01-24-2016, 07:11 PM
Time to eat crow stink

Northman
01-24-2016, 07:17 PM
Time to eat crow stink

Lol, you must of read my mind. I just tweeted him. haha

MOtorboat
01-24-2016, 07:18 PM
So, since Joel became a Broncos fan in 1997, the miserable Broncos are 2-1 in Super Bowls, 4-1 in AFC Championship games and have won eight division titles.

GEM
01-24-2016, 07:27 PM
Screw off, Stink. You aren't allowed back on the bus!

Valar Morghulis
01-24-2016, 07:29 PM
Screw off, Stink. You aren't allowed back on the bus!

He was brilliant on UK tv, really talked up the Broncos

Northman
01-24-2016, 07:31 PM
He was brilliant on UK tv, really talked up the Broncos

He did admit he was glad to be wrong on twitter. But still.... i mean most Broncos still bleed orange and blue so i was disappointed that he didnt believe in us.

Joel
01-24-2016, 08:27 PM
He did admit he was glad to be wrong on twitter. But still.... i mean most Broncos still bleed orange and blue so i was disappointed that he didnt believe in us.
There's been plenty of times just this season that YOU didn't believe in us, same as I: Never mistake frustrated candor for disloyal malice.

Northman
01-24-2016, 08:55 PM
There's been plenty of times just this season that YOU didn't believe in us, same as I: Never mistake frustrated candor for disloyal malice.

Nah, disagree.

Fans are irrational, but almost all of the former Bronco players pull for Denver and make public statements that Denver will win. I dont hate Stink, but im far more disappointed in him than i am for guys like TD, Sharpe, or Jackson.

Joel
01-24-2016, 09:13 PM
Nah, disagree.

Fans are irrational, but almost all of the former Bronco players pull for Denver and make public statements that Denver will win. I dont hate Stink, but im far more disappointed in him than i am for guys like TD, Sharpe, or Jackson.
I'd rather he called it as he sees it than be a blind perpetual homer; the guys paying for his analysis probably agree. Fans got pissed at him for calling out our crap line last year, but SOMEONE needed to, and our coaches didn't (Fox calling Clark the NFLs BEST backup OT is still the defining moment of his tenure.) I'm not mad at a FORMER Broncos lineman for helping us win 2 SBs but saying his successors suck, I'm mad at our CURRENT linemen for sucking so badly they cost us MORE SBs.

Fans are irrational, yeah, but Schlereth's paid to tell it like it is, not be a fan. Networks can find a dozen fans in any Denver bar, and cheaper.

Northman
01-24-2016, 09:21 PM
I'd rather he called it as he sees it than be a blind perpetual homer; the guys paying for his analysis probably agree. Fans got pissed at him for calling out our crap line last year, but SOMEONE needed to, and our coaches didn't (Fox calling Clark the NFLs BEST backup OT is still the defining moment of his tenure.) I'm not mad at a FORMER Broncos lineman for helping us win 2 SBs but saying his successors suck, I'm mad at our CURRENT linemen for sucking so badly they cost us MORE SBs.

Fans are irrational, yeah, but Schlereth's paid to tell it like it is, not be a fan. Networks can find a dozen fans in any Denver bar, and cheaper.

Stink can be a "professional" analyst whenver he feels like but lets be honest. His job doesnt live or die if he sticks to the team that he won multiple championships with. Many broadcasters and analyst are homers no matter what. He doesnt need to take himself THAT seriously all the time.

Joel
01-25-2016, 12:46 AM
Stink can be a "professional" analyst whenver he feels like but lets be honest. His job doesnt live or die if he sticks to the team that he won multiple championships with. Many broadcasters and analyst are homers no matter what. He doesnt need to take himself THAT seriously all the time.
Yeah, and everyone but fans of the teams they played for hates them for the blind shameless shills they are. The funny thing is, I don't think Fouts is nearly as one-sided in our games as most people do, but do think Simms has never forgiven us cutting his son (sorry, dude, but he sucked; for that matter, you weren't all that great yourself: Parcells just gave you an elite D to ride to a couple Rings.)