PDA

View Full Version : AFCCG Early Weather Forecast

OrangeHoof
01-20-2016, 01:33 AM
Sunday will be the worst weather day of the weekend but still not bad - similar to last Sunday.

Weather.com says mostly cloudy, high of 45 and 20% chance of precip, 5-10 mph wind.
Weather Underground says mostly cloudy, high of 47, 0% chance of precip, 5-10 mph wind.

Weather Underground also pinpoints the 11 am kickoff as being at 42 degrees.

Since these forecasts can often be off by a day when they are made this far ahead, Saturday's forecasts are warmer with fewer clouds while Monday's are slightly cooler with clear skies.

Bottom line: weather should not be a factor for the AFCCG and that is excellent news since Manning's play deteriorates in bad weather.

Fuxboro, meanwhile, will be digging out from "Major Winter Storm Jonas". Yep, those Jets and Dolphins did us a huge favor letting us slip into the #1 seed.

Could it be the stars are literally aligning for the Broncos? I've always thought the only way Manning returns to the Super Bowl would be two mild-weather playoff starts at home followed by a Super Bowl in a warm climate. Santa Clara weather may not be ideal but it shouldn't be harsh as New Jersey.

tripp
01-20-2016, 01:45 AM
Sunday will be the worst weather day of the weekend but still not bad - similar to last Sunday.

Weather.com says mostly cloudy, high of 45 and 20% chance of precip, 5-10 mph wind.
Weather Underground says mostly cloudy, high of 47, 0% chance of precip, 5-10 mph wind.

Weather Underground also pinpoints the 11 am kickoff as being at 42 degrees.

Since these forecasts can often be off by a day when they are made this far ahead, Saturday's forecasts are warmer with fewer clouds while Monday's are slightly cooler with clear skies.

Bottom line: weather should not be a factor for the AFCCG and that is excellent news since Manning's play deteriorates in bad weather.

Fuxboro, meanwhile, will be digging out from "Major Winter Storm Jonas". Yep, those Jets and Dolphins did us a huge favor letting us slip into the #1 seed.

Could it be the stars are literally aligning for the Broncos? I've always thought the only way Manning returns to the Super Bowl would be two mild-weather playoff starts at home followed by a Super Bowl in a warm climate. Santa Clara weather may not be ideal but it shouldn't be harsh as New Jersey.

Wasn't this eerily similar to when we played the Pats last time in the AFCCG? Foxborough that day had a huge snow storm, meanwhile Denver had perfectly fine weather?

OrangeHoof
01-20-2016, 05:35 AM
The game played two years ago was in the 60s. I don't recall Mass's weather but it was typical New England winter.

VonDoom
01-20-2016, 07:34 AM
The game played two years ago was in the 60s. I don't recall Mass's weather but it was typical New England winter.

Yeah, I remember the game two years ago being unseasonably warm. That certainly helped us.

Also, I don't know where Klis is getting his weather reports, but he says:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 21m21 minutes ago

AFC Championship Game temp keeps getting colder. Now 37 degrees at kickoff and light snow possible

Buff
01-20-2016, 10:25 AM
10% chance of precipitation, high of 47 degrees now. T-shirt weather.

Davii
01-20-2016, 10:40 AM
80% chance of *Brady tears, 100% chance of *pansy whining, *Gronk pushes, and Rocky Mountain Thunder.