PDA

View Full Version : Special Teams Props

Ziggy
01-18-2016, 10:11 AM
How about some love for the special teams? 5 field goals in that nasty wind for McManus. Clutch. 47 yard per punt average with 3 inside the 20 for Colquitt. Clutch. Big return for Bolden, and great coverage like they have been doing all year long. The third phase of the Broncos team outplayed the Steelers by a mile yesterday and might have been the big difference in the game. Great job all around for them. This defense with great special teams is almost unbeatable.

TXBRONC
01-18-2016, 10:31 AM
How about some love for the special teams? 5 field goals in that nasty wind for McManus. Clutch. 47 yard per punt average with 3 inside the 20 for Colquitt. Clutch. Big return for Bolden, and great coverage like they have been doing all year long. The third phase of the Broncos team outplayed the Steelers by a mile yesterday and might have been the big difference in the game. Great job all around for them. This defense with great special teams is almost unbeatable.

Colquitt and especially the coverage units were clutch.

GEM
01-18-2016, 10:35 AM
Kayvon Webster!!! Dude was in beast mode yesterday!

NightTrainLayne
01-18-2016, 12:27 PM
I'm still boggled by the right-hand turn that McManus kick before halftime took.

I was sure he had missed it.

Once the kick got to the "opening" at the end of the stadium and didn't have the stands blocking that wind as much it just went straight right. I'm sure glad he had it going straight down the middle. . .had he been on the right half of the goal, it would have missed.

tripp
01-18-2016, 12:32 PM
How can he go 5/5 in that wind, where even the receivers couldn't catch passes wide open, and yet he shanks one of the easiest kicks against the Bengals in the 4th Q? Kickers.. strange breed.

Joel
01-18-2016, 12:49 PM
I honestly think they did win the game, not just because of McManus 5/5 kicking (including on from 51 and two more from 40+) but Boldens return setting up the first and Pitts crappy punt setting up the next, plus our coverage forcing TWO muffs that pinned them at their goal line, with Webster causing the first, then instantly laying out Pitts return man later. That stat they kept posting about our average starting field position being on THEIR side of the field didn't just happen: We MADE it happen.

Considering how impotent our offense was until our ONE good drive at the end of the 4th, that was decisive: The ONE area of the game we were CONSISTENTLY good.

Remember HOW bad our STs were for HOW long? Now they get us to the CCG. Game ball to Decamillis.

pnbronco
01-18-2016, 01:20 PM

They did such a good job... That wind was horrible but McManus was practicing a whole, whole lot before the game...it didn't occur to me that he was adjusting his kicks to dealing with the wind. I am so proud of them. Ever time Colquitt had to kick I was oh man... but then after the kick I was supper happy....he did such a better job. Webster was on fire and it made the stadium go nuts, which was good because there were so many times it felt like the game was slipping away. I would say that Webster was the one player that kept the crowd in the game.

Dapper Dan
01-19-2016, 05:35 AM
McManus was in #BeastMode. It still blows my mind that the dude is only 24 years old. I'd love to see him in a Broncos jersey for a long time.

Dapper Dan
01-19-2016, 05:38 AM
Thankfully we have a good placeholder. #LacesOut

NightTerror218
01-19-2016, 01:53 PM
I think Webster is our future ST caption and ST ace. He has really stepped up.