PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs Patriots AFCCG Part II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

pulse
01-17-2016, 11:53 PM
This week is going to be a circus. Brady vs Manning XVII. The opening line is minus 3.5 and that will probably grow. The talk on radio tonight is pretty clear: The Broncos are in trouble. I'm sure the majority of TV sports network shows and analysts opinions will all pretty much reflect the same. Brady and the defending Super Bowl Champions are going to steamroll the Broncos. Denver and the old MANning don't have a chance.

I'm not necessarily disappointed that Denver won ugly against Pittsburg. I figured it would be a late battle if Ben was able to throw with any accuracy. But had the Broncos blown them out, they might have become the favorite this week. Now they're clearly the underdog at home. I honestly didn't want Denver favored. The Broncos need more focus. I will not take credit away from Pittsburg's defense, which has been playing really great the last half of the season. But Denver did not help themselves in the first half of the game. They did not sustain enough drives and they were not efficient running the ball. Denver dropped too many passes, especially on third down. Sometimes the playcalling was frustrating. Denver likely will not win next week if they cannot execute better. They certainly won't win if they don't come out of the redzone with more TDs than FGs. Not being favored or given much of a chance Sunday should make the entire Broncos feel disrespected. As if you need any further motivation in a playoff game, much less playing New England, a team you already beat this season, perhaps that will further motivate the Broncos and help them focus even more.

I do expect Belichick and Co. will be ready. They will rely on the short/quick passing game and screens. They will do their best to slow the Denver pass rush. But regardless of how effective the Broncos are at pressuring Brady and stalling their drives, the Patriots will score more than three touchdowns. Denver will have to score TDs, not rely on FGs to win the AFC Championship.

One key to Denver winning obviously will be to again avoid turnovers. But to win Sunday will take more than ball protection. Denver cannot play conservative. Physical, yes, but they must be aggressive! They cannot lean on their defense like they did against Pittsburg. The Patriots will be favored due to the perception that the Broncos don't have an offense good enough, or, more specifically, that Manning is no longer able to defeat them. I disagree. Denver and Manning are capable of scoring plenty enough points to win this game. But will they? I don't think Denver's great defense can be the savior in this game, but the Broncos do have a great chance if they play better on offense. Greater focus, better execution and consistency by the offense and the Broncos will beat the Patriots again.

NightTerror218
01-18-2016, 01:32 AM
The only difference in personnel in this game are Ware for us and Edelman and Amendola?

I don't think anyone else else was injured.

pulse
01-18-2016, 02:03 AM
Having Edelman and Amendola is obviously a big deal for Brady. He did have Gronk in the week 12 matchup, who pulled in 88 yards and scored. As evident against KC, Edelman and Amendola significantly improve the short and quick passing attack, which Brady uses to counter the deficiencies they have right now in pass blocking. Denver has to get pressure on Brady, but our linebackers and secondary have got to be sharp in short coverage to buy Denver's pass rushers time to get to Brady. If he is getting rid of the ball around two seconds after the snap and still connecting, Denver better be tight in coverage to break that shit up. Make him look downfield and collapse the pocket. He's going to connect on his fair share of short throws. Denver has to tackle for short yardage. Eventually Ware, Miller or Wolfe will get to him. Wade is a great coordinator. I believe Denver's defense is up for the challenge. I just hope Denver's offense will be also.

Joel
01-18-2016, 02:04 AM
No Fly Zone's gotta show they're more buzz than hype (am I using those terms correctly?) Hopefully a week's enough time to get Harris' shoulder good, or at least good enough. Over at ESPN, Legwold had this curious-but-true observation from todays game:

An odd stat line in some ways for the Steelers against the Broncos defense Sunday, but Pittsburgh's four longest pass plays accounted for 187 of Ben Roethlisberger's 339 passing yards and the eight longest plays accounted for 278 passing yards. That means Roethlisberger's other 16 completions went for a combined 61 yards.
So our pass D was excellent for 2/3 of the game—and nearly blew their season the OTHER third, with over HALF Pitts passing yards coming on just FOUR PLAYS. Kinda like our offense had ONE SB caliber drive to score the game-winning TD, but was so bad THE WHOLE REST OF THE GAME that only Pitts ST blunders giving us consistently great field position kept us in it long enough a lone drive COULD win it. That inconsistent crap ain't championship football, and can't beat Belicheat.

The Cheatriots' only really good WR (i.e. Edelman) missed our OT game, but is healthy now and went off on KC yesterday, while the newly healthy NE* line kept KCs excellent pass rush away from Brady. We've NEVER had an answer for Gronk, so only beaten NE* ONCE when he was healthy; to reach the SB we must double that all-important stat. Amendola's... still there, I guess; maybe he's just so mediocre he's easy to lose in a crowd, but he produces, and they got a good WR from Houston.

Meanwhile, NE* had more sacks than Pitt or ANYONE but us this year, and our lines problems are at least as much talent as health (especially on the edge.) Ninkovich has practically made his career destroying our offense in every phase of the game all the way back to Tebow Time. They've got Collins back, which will make it harder to run, and it's never been easy for us in the first place.

Northman
01-18-2016, 02:32 AM
The key is getting to Brady. The defense is the crutch and has been all year, if they get to Brady we create havoc for them. Its frustrating to watch the offense but 9 times out of 10 it has worked this year when it comes to winning and losing. We just cant get sloppy and turn the ball over. We had success running on NE last time so i expect the same next week. The only difference is can Manning make plays down the field when needed like Brock did in that game.

Joel
01-18-2016, 03:34 AM
The key is getting to Brady.
That's just ONE key, but KC's got a top pass rush, too, and couldn't do it. Against guys like Brady (or even Roethlisberger, who proved it today) the secondary must give the rush a little time so the QB doesn't just hit a quick slant or out before they can take more than that quick first step. And they must do it in man, not because we need extra blitzers, but because Brady, Gronk and their WRs rip zones apart at the seams.

Sometimes you must just put a hat on every hat and hope yours have more talent, skill and discipline than theirs; we've sadly lacked that last one for a while.

The defense is the crutch and has been all year, if they get to Brady we create havoc for them. Its frustrating to watch the offense but 9 times out of 10 it has worked this year when it comes to winning and losing.
Even rounding up, it's more like 8 times in 10, but that doesn't mean much in elimination games: All or nothing. It's great that we win most tight games, especially against playoff teams, but as long as we insist on making EVERY game tight, even against teams we completely outclass, we do lose sooner or later, and the first time that happens in the playoffs will be our last. We've GOT to stop "making it up later," because that often means there IS no "later."

We just cant get sloppy and turn the ball over. We had success running on NE last time so i expect the same next week. The only difference is can Manning make plays down the field when needed like Brock did in that game.
The points about avoiding turnovers and running on the Cheats are both valid. Every time someone in the gameday thread said something about the D winning it with a turnover I thought, This teams history says a game won by turnovers is guaranteed to SCREW us, but they were right and I was wrong, because the lone turnover gave us the win (though we still had to earn what that opportunity enabled.) And for some reason NE* is always vulnerable to the run.

We must do many things, consistently well and in conjunction, to win next week. Yes, the pass rush must get home, but the pass coverage must give them time to do so, just as the pass rush must get their soon enough the pass coverage isn't forced to hold up forever against Brady and Gronk. Defensively, that may well be it; despite leading the whole game, sometimes by double digits, NE* barely ran at all vs. KC.

Offensively though it's a bigger challenge, even if NE* remains vulnerable to the run (and Collins' return with Ninkovich and Hightower healthy may shore up that weakness.) They'll be trying to reach Manning, too, through a line much worse than theirs (really) with pass rushers nearly as good as ours (one alarming stat noted in the KC game is that most of the Cheatriots' 4th-best sack totals were racked up WITHOUT BLITZING, so they can get there while maintaining coverage.)

We NEED to run well to take pressure off Manning, but we'll eventually find ourselves in at least a few long yardage situations however well we run, so will need our pass protection to figuratively and literally step up then. It's NE*, so even with the #1 D we could find ourselves with a big second half deficit that moots our run (especially if our secondary's as erratic as today.) Gotta run to establish the pass, and need blocking for both.

If it needs to be said, we also can't afford as many drops as today; our line wasn't great, but was good enough we would've killed the Stealers if ANY of our receivers had consistently held onto balls that hit them right in the hands. I don't know if it was the wind moving balls where they didn't expect, a week of rust or only a week of practicing with Manning after he was hurt so long, but if that's not much better within 7 days, we're in trouble.

Seems like it's been a loooong time since I actually looked forward to gameday rather than dreading it as something that would leave me an exhausted nervous wreck worried about next week even if we won, and quite possible an exhausted nervous wreck demoralized by blowing a game against a team that should've been an easy win. Run-first defensive teams rarely blow out anyone, but it sometimes feels like we REFUSE to build leads even when we can do it on the ground.

*shrugs* Low expectations FtW; the team's MUCH better than 4 years ago, but that just leaves me disappointed when we don't win nearly every game, instead of feeling like we accomplished something simply by winning as much as we lose.

pulse
01-18-2016, 03:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/gsjk5y2.jpg

Joel
01-18-2016, 04:07 AM
I thought the new one-handed-catch tacky gloves made stickum obsolete. Guess not.

I'm REALLY hoping the drops by EVERYONE were due to rust, misjudging the balls in a 25 mph crosswing and/or two months of not practicing with Manning. I mean, even SANDERS was dropping balls, and he's ALWAYS money (guy's got a jugs machine in his backyard, for Pete sake.)

chazoe60
01-18-2016, 07:48 AM
One matchup I like better in this game than in the Pitt game is our running game vs. the Pats rush defense. I honestly thought the Chiefs could have gouged the Pats if they weren't playing catch up the entire game. I think CJ will have a big game.

VonDoom
01-18-2016, 09:10 AM
Brady is 2-6 all time in Denver

7DnBrnc53
01-18-2016, 09:19 AM
One matchup I like better in this game than in the Pitt game is our running game vs. the Pats rush defense. I honestly thought the Chiefs could have gouged the Pats if they weren't playing catch up the entire game. I think CJ will have a big game.

Well, the score was 7-3 after the Chiefs stopped them for the second straight time, and they had the ball around NE's 40 yard line in the first quarter. However, the Chiefs called a screen pass, and it was stuffed. They should have tried to run again. If they had, maybe they control the clock more and score again, making that a different game. Instead, they punted, and NE drove over 90 yards for a TD. That, and the Knile Davis fumble in the third quarter turned out to be the difference.

For Denver, though, I am thinking about how the D needs to do some exotic things, like having everyone drop into coverage and pressure the receivers. If Brady wants to throw short passes after 2 seconds, drop the D-lineman in coverage if it isn't a run and hit people within five yards. Why not?

Slick
01-18-2016, 09:43 AM
I like the match-up of Denver's D against the one dimensional *Patriot offense. They can't run the ball at all.

Ravage!!!
01-18-2016, 10:22 AM
I like the match-up of Denver's D against the one dimensional *Patriot offense. They can't run the ball at all.

Yeah.. I was th inking the same thing about Pittsburgh this week against Pitt.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-18-2016, 10:23 AM
Yeah.. I was th inking the same thing about Pittsburgh this week against Pitt.
Pitt has a really good offensive line...the *Patriots, not so much.

underrated29
01-18-2016, 10:29 AM

If kubiak runs CJ.....the Hillman obsession just kills us.

When we run CJ on early downs we drive the ball. When we run Hillman on the early downs we stall out.

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2016, 11:40 AM
CJ isn't fit enough right now to handle more carries than what he's getting. Dude's body is breaking down on him and it will be interesting to see what Denver does with him in the offseason if anything. I think they are doing a good job using him and keeping him effective.

I think New England will be a tough game for Denver. They seem to be better in most every area right now with the exception of one..... Denver has been tough and salty this year and beating Pittsburgh yesterday was more of the same for that. If Denver can turn this game into an ugly football game I think they can win.

BroncoJoe
01-18-2016, 11:42 AM
New England advanced to its fifth straight championship game with a win over the Kansas City Chiefs on Saturday. The AFC Championship Game (3 p.m. ET Sunday) marks the 17th matchup between Manning and Brady. Brady has won 11 of the 16 previous meetings, but Manning is 2-1 when they square off in conference championship games.

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/14592093/new-england-patriots-carolina-panthers-favored-conference-title-games

tripp
01-18-2016, 12:21 PM
I'm already tired of the Manning vs Brady talk. It's always so over hyped.

I'm ok with the media completely over looking the Broncos. The Patriots beat a KC Chiefs team that beat up on sub-par teams, and within that 10 game win streak, only beat two teams with a winning record (Steelers w/ Landry Jones at QB. And us with our biggest melt down in the Peyton Manning era). Then went to play Houston in Houston, where Hoyer looked worse than a highschool QB. He should've been benched at half time of that game. I bet the Steelers would've given the Patriots a tougher fight.

My point is, Patriots didn't beat THAT good of a KC team. I would be scared if they beat them by 3 or more scores. New England isn't the same football team on the road, while they're still good.. they're not Foxborough good.

If we can somehow lock Gronk down, which seems impossible for us as we suck at covering TE's, and limit Edelman, we stand a good shot. Our defense is battled tested and is up to the challenge. It's up to our offense to score 28+ pts to book our ticket to the SB.

Also: If we're going to win this game, it's because of our defense, and our offensive players coming up with a big play. In other words, I don't trust Kubiak to out coach Bill Belichick in anyway shape or form, so we're going to have to rely on Peyton audibling out of a crappy play into something better. I just have zero time for Kubiak's play calling.

Shazam!
01-18-2016, 12:33 PM
It's Brady vs Ware and Miller IMO. If Denver can beat down their patched up OLine the Broncos can win.

This is all we can ask for, a superb effort from the D and they can pull it off.

Nomad
01-18-2016, 12:51 PM
It's Brady vs Ware and Miller IMO. If Denver can beat down their patched up OLine the Broncos can win.

This is all we can ask for, a superb effort from the D and they can pull it off.

All the Patriots oline has to do is hold Miller.....the refs never call it.

Joel
01-18-2016, 01:34 PM
CJ isn't fit enough right now to handle more carries than what he's getting. Dude's body is breaking down on him and it will be interesting to see what Denver does with him in the offseason if anything. I think they are doing a good job using him and keeping him effective.
That's a valid point, and I still say it goes back to the line: Because they've been doing that to ALL our RBs since before Manning even got here. Yes, the position absorbs a lot of punishment, but c'mon, we finished our first (and only) 2012 playoff game with rookie 3rd rounder Hillman as our "starting" RB because McGahee and Moreno were BOTH out hurt. I think they managed all of one more season BETWEEN them.

I go back to 2011, when we led the NFL in rushing SOLELY because McGahee led it in yards AFTER CONTACT. In other words, we let him get behind the line all the time, but he dragged piles forward to turn -2 into +2, but barely managed half a dozen starts the next year. Meanwhile, we all complained about Moreno "hesitating," "dancing," "playing scared" and "having a glass vaj." Same things we all said about Ball, Hillman, Anderson; you name it, really.

Our crap line's been getting our QBs AND RBs killed for a depressingly long time, and that cost two otherwise elite teams SBs in 2012 and 2013.

The most shameful part is that Elway KNOWS that's the difference between getting BLOWN OUT of 3 SBs IN HIS PRIME and REPEAT Championships when his best days were long behind him. Yet he allowed it to continue, even while luring Manning with promises his career could end the same way. Well, it COULD'VE, if we hadn't given him guys like Franklin, Beadles, Man Ram and Clark. Oh, well....

I think New England will be a tough game for Denver. They seem to be better in most every area right now with the exception of one..... Denver has been tough and salty this year and beating Pittsburgh yesterday was more of the same for that. If Denver can turn this game into an ugly football game I think they can win.
We'll see what happens. They had a crap schedule but only won as many games as we did against a brutal one. And we're at Mile High, where Brady and Belicheat have NEVER won a playoff game, and our only AFCCG loss was Plummers '05 implosion. ANYTHING—good OR bad—is possible with THIS team: The good news is it can win against the NFLs best, and has; the bad news is it can also lose against the NFLs WORST, and has.

TXBRONC
01-18-2016, 01:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gsjk5y2.jpg

This was very funny. :lol:

Nomad
01-18-2016, 01:40 PM

I agree. BRONCOS have to make the Patriots play their game. BRONCOS can't let the Patriots control the tempo of the game, it would result in bad news for the BRONCOS. I believe the BRONCO linebackers will have their work cut out for them on Sunday.

Nomad
01-18-2016, 03:57 PM
Brandon Marshall speaks the truth........ http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/18/lb-brandon-marshall-on-gronk-he-pushes-off/ . Amazing how the refs let him get away with it time after time.

Gronk's touchdown against KC, he got away with a push off.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-18-2016, 04:13 PM
I want to kill every Patriot fan I know. Already insufferable.

Nomad
01-18-2016, 04:18 PM

BRONCOS are definitely the underdog.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-18-2016, 04:23 PM

No doubt, but it's something I'm hoping inspires the boys to prove everybody wrong.

I hope the Pats underestimate and overlook us as much as their fans are.

Magnificent Seven
01-18-2016, 04:42 PM
Denver Broncos are tougher than Patriots because Broncos had a strength schedule this season.

KC Chiefs had an easy game against Houston. Patriots had somewhat easy game against the Chiefs. They showed no good defense in this game.

Bengals vs. Steelers game was all about talented defense. Talented defense game brought up to Broncos vs. Steelers. It was all about tough and talented defense. So, Broncos are tougher and they will show the real talented defense in AFC Championship match.

Talented Defense Wins. Go Broncos!

Northman
01-18-2016, 05:12 PM
Brandon Marshall speaks the truth........ http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/18/lb-brandon-marshall-on-gronk-he-pushes-off/ . Amazing how the refs let him get away with it time after time.

Gronk's touchdown against KC, he got away with a push off.

To be fair a lot of great players especially wideouts get away with push offs.

spikerman
01-18-2016, 05:25 PM
I just bought my plane tickets. Where is the tailgate on Sunday?

GEM
01-18-2016, 05:39 PM

Just read through the comments on that link Nomad posted above yours. FFS, they are the worst.

OrangeHoof
01-18-2016, 06:10 PM
I obviously want to win the Super Bowl but I *really* want to win the AFCCG. We *must* beat the Patriots, not just because I want to win the Super Bowl but because I loathe the Patriots, all the way down to their equipment people. That sideline shot of Brady celebrating with McDiapers made my skin crawl. I don't want them to be in another Super Bowl in my lifetime.

Northman
01-18-2016, 06:13 PM
I obviously want to win the Super Bowl but I *really* want to win the AFCCG. We *must* beat the Patriots, not just because I want to win the Super Bowl but because I loathe the Patriots, all the way down to their equipment people. That sideline shot of Brady celebrating with McDiapers made my skin crawl. I don't want them to be in another Super Bowl in my lifetime.

We will get it done.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2016, 06:33 PM
The only difference in personnel in this game are Ware for us and Edelman and Amendola?

I don't think anyone else else was injured.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 22h

And the defense did enough to contain the Pats without Ward & Williams for most of that game and Ware for all of it

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2016, 06:37 PM

That's the way I like it - extra motivation

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2016, 06:41 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 17m

Thirteen 4th quarter/OT takeaways in 17 games is a highly impressive stat that says a lot about this team

Scotty Payne
‏@Skotty_Payne

@MaseDenver Idk why fans are so negative. Great defense, a healthy PM and tough and resilient team.

Nomad
01-18-2016, 06:41 PM
That's the way I like it - extra motivation

Other than us fans and the Denver BRONCOS themselves, no one is giving them a chance to win. I would hope the BRONCOS come out to prove they are the best team on the field Sunday.

BTW.....BRONCOS/Patriots get the first game on Sunday. It's a 11:30 am here, so that'll be 1:30 in Denver.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-18-2016, 06:44 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 22h

And the defense did enough to contain the Pats without Ward & Williams for most of that game and Ware for all of it

Unfortunately, that's a two way street. The Patriots didn't have Edleman, and Gronk went out during the game. I'm concerned about Edleman having a big game while Harris is hurt.

Gronk Spike
01-18-2016, 07:02 PM
I like the Pats chances.

chazoe60
01-18-2016, 07:13 PM
I like the Pats chances.

Why? What do you know? Do they have illbegotten practice footage or stolen signals?

chazoe60
01-18-2016, 07:16 PM
I like the Pats chances.

And just so you know, that game is in Denver so BB won't have the chance to pull the old "turn off communications on 3rd down" trick.

7DnBrnc53
01-18-2016, 07:39 PM
I go back to 2011, when we led the NFL in rushing SOLELY because McGahee led it in yards AFTER CONTACT. In other words, we let him get behind the line all the time, but he dragged piles forward to turn -2 into +2, but barely managed half a dozen starts the next year. Meanwhile, we all complained about Moreno "hesitating," "dancing," "playing scared" and "having a glass vaj." Same things we all said about Ball, Hillman, Anderson; you name it, really.

Our crap line's been getting our QBs AND RBs killed for a depressingly long time, and that cost two otherwise elite teams SBs in 2012 and 2013.

The most shameful part is that Elway KNOWS that's the difference between getting BLOWN OUT of 3 SBs IN HIS PRIME and REPEAT Championships when his best days were long behind him. Yet he allowed it to continue, even while luring Manning with promises his career could end the same way. Well, it COULD'VE, if we hadn't given him guys like Franklin, Beadles, Man Ram and Clark. Oh, well....

It goes back to McStupid. He switched to a power scheme, and didn't get any linemen for it. He should have drafted Alex Mack in Round 1 (along with Orakpo) instead of Moreno (who was a reach) and Ayers (who belongs in a 4-3).

Then, when Elway came in, he didn't make the O-line enough of a priority. For one, he should have drafted Kyle Rudolph, Stefen Wisniewski, and DeMarco Murray with his 2011 second and third round picks instead of Franklin, The Nightmare, and Nate Irving.

Then, the next year, I would have drafted Cordy Glenn instead of Wolfe in Round 2, and then draft Wolfe where they drafted Hillman (they could have had Derek in Round 3).

Also, Chris Kuper's injury didn't help, either. If they make those moves I talked about, and Chris stays healthy, they could have gone into the 2012 post-season with Clady, Franklin, Wiz, Kuper, and Cordy Glenn as their O-linemen. That is awesome. They probably win two Super Bowls with that line, and Manning is retired by now.

If they lose this game, their fans will whine about the officials and who they didn't have in there (there is a chance that Collins and Chandler Jones won't play, and they don't have Dion Lewis and Blount at RB), and say that the Broncos didn't beat the real Patriots.

It is like the Cowboys used to be. In the first episode of The Timeline: A Tale of Two cities (Dal-SF), they had footage of Bill Walsh saying that the Cowboys always said that you didn't beat their real team when you beat them.

Nomad
01-18-2016, 07:39 PM
Unfortunately, that's a two way street. The Patriots didn't have Edleman, and Gronk went out during the game. I'm concerned about Edleman having a big game while Harris is hurt.

In the 2014 game, between Gronk and Edleman, they combined for about 191 yds receiving, plus Brady distributed the ball amongst other players. I don't think you can shut down any one receiver, it'll definitely help, but the key is to shut down Brady. BRONCOS gotta score touchdowns as well.

Joel
01-18-2016, 08:06 PM
That's pretty much where I am. I don't want to LOSE another SB, both as a Broncos fan and because I don't want Peyton to go out with the perpetual "choker" shouts still ringing in his ears. Both Carolina and Arizona look VERY good in virtually every phase of the game, and I certainly don't want to get BLOWN OUT of another SB; 5 times is more than enough for that to happen to any single franchise.

Yet I could LIVE with losing to a team I respect, like Arizona, even a smug but (ostensibly) clean honest team, like Carolina: I'm just BEYOND sick of those smug cheats from Boston, who get away with murder (except that one time...) whine on the rare occasions they face even token penalties, then have the audacity to BRAG about it. "Tom Brady's started more SBs than any other QB; this is Tom Bradys 5th straight CCG" Uh huh: And we're still waiting for his first CLEAN one of EITHER.

TXBRONC
01-18-2016, 08:10 PM
I like the ****Pats chances.

Ok and I like Denver chances better.

Gronk Spike
01-18-2016, 08:14 PM
Ok and I like Denver chances better.

Even with noodle arm?

OK:lol:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-18-2016, 08:14 PM
I like the Pats chances.

Your point is moot, Gronk's girl.

Gronk Spike
01-18-2016, 08:16 PM
And just so you know, that game is in Denver so BB won't have the chance to pull the old "turn off communications on 3rd down" trick.

Wut?

The game is in Denver.

Gronk Spike
01-18-2016, 08:17 PM

Crawfish shorts is not winning this time.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-18-2016, 08:19 PM

If you think the pcp crew is gonna win, you might be the one hallucinating.

Joel
01-18-2016, 08:23 PM
It goes back to McStupid. He switched to a power scheme, and didn't get any linemen for it. He should have drafted Alex Mack in Round 1 (along with Orakpo) instead of Moreno (who was a reach) and Ayers (who belongs in a 4-3).

Then, when Elway came in, he didn't make the O-line enough of a priority. For one, he should have drafted Kyle Rudolph, Stefen Wisniewski, and DeMarco Murray with his 2011 second and third round picks instead of Franklin, The Nightmare, and Nate Irving.

Then, the next year, I would have drafted Cordy Glenn instead of Wolfe in Round 2, and then draft Wolfe where they drafted Hillman (they could have had Derek in Round 3).

Also, Chris Kuper's injury didn't help, either. If they make those moves I talked about, and Chris stays healthy, they could have gone into the 2012 post-season with Clady, Franklin, Wiz, Kuper, and Cordy Glenn as their O-linemen. That is awesome. They probably win two Super Bowls with that line, and Manning is retired by now.
Very true on Kupe, but we really are coming full circle. Since the SB wins, Denvers defining trademark was elite lines that gave three different starting QBs great (but wasted) protection and churned out so many 1000 RBs you started thinking they could even do it with the guy bagging your groceries (which they did.) Then McDumbass showed up, dumped all Shanny and Kubiaks linemen (except Kupe, ironically,) replaced them with his hand-picked favorites, and it all went to Hell.

Even after we booed his petty cheating tail out of town and he slunk back beneath the Plymouth Rock from whence he'd first scuttled, the damage lasted far longer than he did. It doomed our 2012 team when we couldn't run out the clock against Baltimore, because Kuper had started the last month with a jagged piece of metal twisted into the foot it once connected to his leg and McGahee and Moreno were so beat Manning audibled to a rookie Hillman. It doomed our 2013 team when Manning played the last half of the season with BOTH ankles taped, then got knocked around for 60:00 solid by just a FOUR-MAN RUSH Seattle rush while they 7 guys in short club-and-run coverage because they knew our WRs had no time to get deep, and our RBs couldn't run by their pass rushers. And it doomed our 2014 team on a goal line run when OUR BEST BLOCKER WAS PEYTON MANNING, who shredded his 38-year-old quad for the year in the process.

It's still the SOLE weakness on our otherwise STACKED team, but an awful offensive line is the MOST FATAL weakness a team can have, even if it doesn't have a 39-year-old QB who never had mobility nor a cannon arm even before he had a pair of vertebrae fused.

So we brought back Kubiak and Dennison to rebuild what McDumbass shredded, EXACTLY as I wanted to do instead of extending Coach Not Too Shabby just because Mannings record-shattering season earned a SB trip with his coaches just along for the ride. You just KNOW our line will be SOLID across the board by the time Kubiak and Dennison have two offseasons to restore it, and the team will know the playbook inside and out—but NEXT year is a year TOO LATE for Manning. If THIS were our second year with good coaches, it'd be different, but.... :mad:

I'll repeat what I said when we signed Manning: Given the cause of 3 SB blowouts in his prime and his repeat Championship at retirement, it's inexcusable that Elway lured Manning here with promises of the same result only to stick a badly injured, immobile and aging QB behind THIS "line." I genuinely can't comprehend how Elway didn't know better; he certainly can't plead ignorance.

olathebroncofan
01-18-2016, 08:56 PM

We don't mind you coming over to this board talking trash, but at least have some substance behind it.

Where are PAGS and WTE when you need them?

GEM
01-18-2016, 09:26 PM
Even with noodle arm?

If you're going to start talking smack , there is a forum for that. Take it there or go back to your Pats board.

Gronk Spike
01-18-2016, 09:48 PM
If you're going to start talking smack , there is a forum for that. Take it there or go back to your Pats board.

Even Bronco fans have there reservations.

Manning did not look good even though he is well rested. Will Kubiak pull him if the game goes south and put in Brock?

Joel
01-18-2016, 09:59 PM
Sure: That's called realism.

Manning did not look good even though he is well rested. Will Kubiak pull him if the game goes south and put in Brock?
Manning looked fine; his WRs just have to stop dropping balls that hit them in both hands. But if the game goes south BECAUSE of Manning, yeah, Kubes will put in Brock, same as last time. Fortunately, Manning's way healthier now (and, as I recall, putting in Brock didn't really help ya'll much two weeks later. ;))

GEM
01-18-2016, 10:00 PM

I'm not addressing that. I'm directing, as a moderator, take smack to the correct forum.

Now, football wise...I think we'll beat your team off our field ...like we always do.Keep in mind Brock already beat your team once this year. I was at that game, it was glorious talking shit to your pompous fans as they left the game when we took the lead...after they talked shit the whole game. :lol: Nah nuh bag bag hey hey hey goodbye !

And btw...it's their, not there.

Gronk Spike
01-18-2016, 10:08 PM
Sure: That's called realism.

Manning looked fine; his WRs just have to stop dropping balls that hit them in both hands. But if the game goes south BECAUSE of Manning, yeah, Kubes will put in Brock, same as last time. Fortunately, Manning's way healthier now (and, as I recall, putting in Brock didn't really help ya'll much two weeks later. ;))

Manning did not look fine. He struggled with his throws.

He desperately needs a run game at this stage of his playing days.

Gronk Spike
01-18-2016, 10:14 PM
I'm not addressing that. I'm directing, as a moderator, take smack to the correct forum.

Now, football wise...I think we'll beat your team off our field ...like we always do.Keep in mind Brock already beat your team once this year. I was at that game, it was glorious talking shit to your pompous fans as they left the game when we took the lead...after they talked shit the whole game. :lol: Nah nuh bag bag hey hey hey goodbye !

And btw...it's their, not there.

This year is different.

The Broncos are bad matchup with Brock but Kubiak has already committed to Manning. I believe that will be Denvers downfall.

Joel
01-18-2016, 10:16 PM
Not sure what game you saw, but I'm reliably informed I don't watch them, so maybe that means nothing.

They all do, at and IN any age; "run to establish the pass," "run 'em out of Cover 2" or John Lynchs defensively-oriented "earn the right to rush the passer" all amount to the same thing. I'd elaborate on that, but don't want to talk smack outside the smack forum.

chazoe60
01-18-2016, 10:16 PM

Perfect, because your team can't stop the run.

Gronk Spike
01-18-2016, 10:25 PM
Not sure what game you saw, but I'm reliably informed I don't watch them, so maybe that means nothing.

They all do, at and IN any age; "run to establish the pass," "run 'em out of Cover 2" or John Lynchs defensively-oriented "earn the right to rush the passer" all amount to the same thing. I'd elaborate on that, but don't want to talk smack outside the smack forum.

Not every QB needs a running game. The Pats ran the ball 15 times vs KC for little yardage.

NE has been using the short pass game as a run for a decade, The WCO does the same.

Gronk Spike
01-18-2016, 10:27 PM

Its more difficult with a threat throwing the ball.

spikerman
01-18-2016, 10:51 PM
Its more difficult with a threat throwing the ball.

Like Alex Smith?

MasterShake
01-18-2016, 10:55 PM
Mile High is like Kryptonite to Brady for some reason so I like that #1 seed even more now. I think we beat better Patriot teams with the likes of Plummer (I loved him) and Orton (I loved his neckbeard) so I don't see any reason for us not to give them our best shot. The Pats are MUCH more dangerous now than the last time we faced them, but then again so are we in many ways. I respect the Pats and have no reason to think this will be easy, but they looked mortal at the end of the season.

I'm not super confident in our offense, but I am done doubting our Defense. I think they keep it close for us and Manning and co. do just enough to get the win. Hard to believe the Broncos are 60 minutes away from another Super Bowl on Sunday if they can play their game. I'm going to soak in this whole week and listen to local sports talk every day, read these forums, and talk shit to the Pats fans at work. Its all in good fun though. Those dark playoff-missing years are still pretty fresh in my mind and I have learned to relish these opportunities.

Win or lose, I love this team's heart this season. Kicking and screaming was the war cry coming in, and I don't see any reason to calm down now.

TXBRONC
01-18-2016, 10:57 PM
Even with noodle arm?

Yep.

TXBRONC
01-18-2016, 10:59 PM
Not every QB needs a running game. The Pats ran the ball 15 times vs KC for little yardage.

NE has been using the short pass game as a run for a decade, The WCO does the same.

Every quarterback wants a sound running game. :lol:

TXBRONC
01-18-2016, 11:01 PM

Nor can they run the ball.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-18-2016, 11:09 PM
Just read through the comments on that link Nomad posted above yours. FFS, they are the worst.

Have never seen fans of a sport team with such a persecution complex. Hopefully we beat em and the New England states get washed away in a flood of Patriots' fans tears.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-18-2016, 11:13 PM
If they lose this game, their fans will whine about the officials and who they didn't have in there (there is a chance that Collins and Chandler Jones won't play, and they don't have Dion Lewis and Blount at RB), and say that the Broncos didn't beat the real Patriots.

It is like the Cowboys used to be. In the first episode of The Timeline: A Tale of Two cities (Dal-SF), they had footage of Bill Walsh saying that the Cowboys always said that you didn't beat their real team when you beat them.

Yep, it's always something with them, except for their team getting beaten by a better opponent.

The conspiracy theorists have already likely convinced themselves that Roger doesn't want them in the Super Bowl and is doing everything he can to ensure they lose to us.

Joel
01-18-2016, 11:14 PM

Uh huh. Just imagine how different history would be if ya'll had had a running game to kill the clock against the Giants in a couple SBs, or they hadn't had one to do exactly that on their second championship-winning drive. One-dimensional offense is DEATH, whoever you are and however great you are. If we don't prove (or rather "re-prove") that this weekend, it's a safe bet Carolina or Arizona will.

Frankly, the physical state of Harris and Ware, and Gronk and Collins, interests me far more than Mannings. He's barely a YEAR older than Brady; just how much difference does anyone think that makes? Likewise, it's not ya'lls fault the team lost its top 2 RBs, but it is ya'lls reality. Ride that one-dimension as far as you can....

TXBRONC
01-18-2016, 11:18 PM
Have never seen fans of a sport team with such a persecution complex. Hopefully we beat em and the New England states get washed away in a flood of Patriots' fans tears.

If there is such a thing as group broken vagina syndrome the ****Pasties have it.

CrazyHorse
01-18-2016, 11:20 PM
How do we win?

MasterShake
01-18-2016, 11:23 PM
How do we win?

The book is out on Brady, you just have to get pressure up the middle and make him hold the ball to GET the sack. The problem is without that pressure the ball is gone too quick. Our interior rush could be the difference this week. Brady and his receivers are all about 2-3 step drops and timing. Throw that off and he has a fit and starts looking for flags.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-18-2016, 11:26 PM
Gronk's push-off is a big disappointment so far. Where's WTE?

Joel
01-19-2016, 12:04 AM
The book is out on Brady, you just have to get pressure up the middle and make him hold the ball to GET the sack. The problem is without that pressure the ball is gone too quick. Our interior rush could be the difference this week. Brady and his receivers are all about 2-3 step drops and timing. Throw that off and he has a fit and starts looking for flags.
The highlighted part is why we GOTSTA jam at the line and COVER. Not like, EVERYONE, for 7 seconds EVERY play the way we did GB, because that's not gonna happen with Gronk: Just long enough for the pass rush to get more than that first step against a patchwork line. EVERYTHING people raised Hell about Del Rio doing with a great secondary and pass rush? That's what we must NOT do this week. Remember: A coverage sack is still a sack. ;)

That's the flip side of the pass rush not FORCING the secondary to cover everyone for 7 seconds every play, which we must also do, naturally. It's complementary football all the way down, so to speak. Do both those things in concert and we'll find out really fast just how much Brady does/n't need run support.

MasterShake
01-19-2016, 12:07 AM
The highlighted part is why we GOTSTA jam at the line and COVER. Not like, EVERYONE, for 7 seconds EVERY play the way we did GB, because that's not gonna happen with Gronk: Just long enough for the pass rush to get more than that first step against a patchwork line. EVERYTHING people raised Hell about Del Rio doing with a great secondary and pass rush? That's what we must NOT do this week. Remember: A coverage sack is still a sack. ;)

That's the flip side of the pass rush not FORCING the secondary to cover everyone for 7 seconds every play, which we must also do, naturally. It's complementary football all the way down, so to speak. Do both those things in concert and we'll find out really fast just how much Brady does/n't need run support.

I remember our foolish days of 2013 with our high powered offense and "using the pass for the run". Didn't work out so well against an elite defense, hopefully the Pats learn that this Sunday.

Joel
01-19-2016, 12:50 AM
I remember our foolish days of 2013 with our high powered offense and "using the pass for the run". Didn't work out so well against an elite defense, hopefully the Pats learn that this Sunday.
Yeah, that was some major deja vu: Like reliving the countless oh, so fun debates from then—except with a Cheatriots fan instead of Broncos fans. :tongue:

To be fair though, making the postseason by using a flying circus to destroy 10 crap teams annually is kinda what NE* and other WAC-quality teams do: That's why they must film, deflate and jam the headsets of PLAYOFF teams to go further. ;)

NightTerror218
01-19-2016, 12:53 AM
To be fair a lot of great players especially wideouts get away with push offs.

Different between so.e is the full arm extension and bent arm push off.

Brady's boy
01-19-2016, 01:01 AM
If there is such a thing as group broken vagina syndrome the ****Pasties have it.

We are not all that bad. I know most of New England has plenty of respect for Denver. Unfortunately not many of them are on the internet. I like to think i'm a better representation of the fan base. I have the 2013 playoff loss fresh in my mind. You guys were the better team, hands down that year. This year i feel it's pretty dam close in terms of talent. No one who has a general understanding of the nfl, or your Bronco's. Should think this game is in the bank for the Pat's. You guys have the best home field advantage in all of sports ( thin air ). As our record reflects the problems it gives us and others ( pitt looked tired late ) . There are not to many of us who are excited about having to play this one at mile high. We know we are a spoiled fan base. We simply can't help it! The year in and year out winning has side effects. As i'm sure most of you have seen. Add on resent events ( deflategate ) and the nut jobs take it to a new level of lunatic. While i like our chances this weekend. I will not be shocked if you beat us. Your football team is hard nosed, and talented. I see this as a strength vs strength showdown. Our passing game vs your secondary. Love him or hate him, you know Brady's going to try and shred that #1 ranked pass defense of yours. His competitive fire is something hard not to admire. Call him names, say what ever you want. The man is always game and ready for the next challenge. There is no better man to play QB in a tuff road playoff game. Or in any game but there's my homerizum coming out. That being said.... I think there is no better team to put the clamps on him other than your Broncos. I love me some A. Talib. I wished we kept him instead of signing Revis. I'm wondering how your fan base felt when you went back to Manning. Was there people who wanted Brock to stay the starter? Or was most fans happy? I have no clue, im in New England.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-19-2016, 01:06 AM
I'm not going to read the wall of text, but undoubtedly the irony of someone calling themself "Brady's boy" isn't lost here.

Joel
01-19-2016, 01:22 AM
Eh, it could use some edits, but maybe he typed it on a phone (in which case he's a better more patient man than I.) Either way, it seemed like a pretty objective and respectful comment to me, better than I've seen from post of his teams fans here (or anywhere.) For the record, since he asked:

OOOOH, yeah, there were plenty of Broncos faithful here shocked and appalled when Kubiak benched Oz for Manning. I'd say several times as many as when he benched Manning for Oz (but Manning was visibly and badly hurt, while Oz' injury, while serious, is less visible.) And I agree Pitt looked gassed late, especially on our lone (and game-winning) TD drive, my favorite part of which was knowing its length was giving OUR D time to rest for one last figurative and literal gasp.

Not only does Mile High provide a massive homefield advantage in itself, especially when the perennial sell outs are factored in, I firmly believe living and practicing in Mile High air 24/7/365 gives the Broncos a big conditioning edge late even in road games. I mean, when you LIVE in a constant state of hypoxia, coming down to sea level must provide a stamina edge over guys living there, right?

I also think the whole "New Orleans kid can't play in the cold" thing went away after Manning had been out of a dome and in Denver for a couple seasons. It's not like he spends 140 hrs/week in his house and only leaves for games. I'm from Houston but just got back from 5 years in Norway, and my own experience is that no one ever LIKES 5° weather with 30 mph winds, but everyone gets USED to it after a while. Eli does OK playing outside in NYC.

Brady's boy
01-19-2016, 01:22 AM
I'm not going to read the wall of text, but undoubtedly the irony of someone calling themself "Brady's boy" isn't lost here.

Aww give it a chance...

7DnBrnc53
01-19-2016, 01:31 AM
Yeah, that was some major deja vu: Like reliving the countless oh, so fun debates from then—except with a Cheatriots fan instead of Broncos fans. :tongue:

To be fair though, making the postseason by using a flying circus to destroy 10 crap teams annually is kinda what NE* and other WAC-quality teams do: That's why they must film, deflate and jam the headsets of PLAYOFF teams to go further. ;)

My friend told me tonight that KC was complaining of headset troubles. Thank goodness this game is in Denver.

Brady's boy
01-19-2016, 02:04 AM
Eh, it could use some edits, but maybe he typed it on a phone (in which case he's a better more patient man than I.) Either way, it seemed like a pretty objective and respectful comment to me, better than I've seen from post of his teams fans here (or anywhere.) For the record, since he asked:

OOOOH, yeah, there were plenty of Broncos faithful here shocked and appalled when Kubiak benched Oz for Manning. I'd say several times as many as when he benched Manning for Oz (but Manning was visibly and badly hurt, while Oz' injury, while serious, is less visible.) And I agree Pitt looked gassed late, especially on our lone (and game-winning) TD drive, my favorite part of which was knowing its length was giving OUR D time to rest for one last figurative and literal gasp.

Not only does Mile High provide a massive homefield advantage in itself, especially when the perennial sell outs are factored in, I firmly believe living and practicing in Mile High air 24/7/365 gives the Broncos a big conditioning edge late even in road games. I mean, when you LIVE in a constant state of hypoxia, coming down to sea level must provide a stamina edge over guys living there, right?

I also think the whole "New Orleans kid can't play in the cold" thing went away after Manning had been out of a dome and in Denver for a couple seasons. It's not like he spends 140 hrs/week in his house and only leaves for games. I'm from Houston but just got back from 5 years in Norway, and my own experience is that no one ever LIKES 5° weather with 30 mph winds, but everyone gets USED to it after a while. Eli does OK playing outside in NYC.

Unfortunately it's a grammar issue with me. The .'s and ,'s sorta have a mind of there own. I think the spellings ok? I think?? Anyway thanks for the friendly reply. I never join other teams forums, i just like to read them leading into a playoff game. The media is so untrustworthy. I think it's the best way to get a read on how the other side feels about the match up. While reading this one it seemed you guy's were in desperate need of at least one Pat's fan. That was close to being grounded to reality. Even if he can't form proper sentences, or anything else. I'm a guest here and will conduct my self accordingly. I asked the QB question because nationality it seemed like it was a no brainer. As soon as he came into the charger game. It seemed he was the starter going forward. After he sparked that comeback, there was no debate amongst the natioal media. I though it would be a little more mixed feedback from the actual fans. Whats the weather look like for kick off?

Brady's boy
01-19-2016, 02:37 AM
My friend told me tonight that KC was complaining of headset troubles. Thank goodness this game is in Denver.

The friendly Pat's guy here. You do know that the nfl controls, sets up, and monitors all headset communication right? Not trying to be a jerk. Just stating the facts. There's better ones than that. Ever hear the one about how we have this magic dust? Yeah, all you do is sprinkle it on a short white WR and, presto! You got a stud, a 90 catch 1000 plus yard WR. Here is the best part. He's a 6th round pick and was a QB in college. Magic dust man, magic dust indeed.

Gronk Spike
01-19-2016, 05:52 AM
Every quarterback wants a sound running game. :lol:

Like Peyton?

As bad as the NE run game is its still better than Denvers per Football Outsiders. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff

I am very surprised how far the Broncos offense has fallen. Certainly indicative of Peytons play at this stage of his NFL career. The Denver defense better show up because its 50/50 on whether the Broncos can come back down by a few scores.

Gronk Spike
01-19-2016, 05:55 AM

Andy Reid was complaining of clock problems too.

The NFL controls the headsets. The teams are responsible for replacing batteries and such.

Gronk Spike
01-19-2016, 05:58 AM

The Patriots didn't have any problems with Seattle.

Brady hung 14 on that defense in the 2nd half when Seattle was giving up only 16 points per game.

VonDoom
01-19-2016, 07:28 AM
How's this for a crazy stat? I already wanted to look more into Brady's home/road playoff splits, but for starters:

Sam Adams ‏@SamAdamsComedy 8h8 hours ago

NE has played 12 of its past 13 AFC playoff gms at home. Lone roadie a 26-16 L at Denver in '13 AFC title game. #NEvsDEN #BroncosCountry

Northman
01-19-2016, 08:26 AM
We are not all that bad. I know most of New England has plenty of respect for Denver. Unfortunately not many of them are on the internet. I like to think i'm a better representation of the fan base. I have the 2013 playoff loss fresh in my mind. You guys were the better team, hands down that year. This year i feel it's pretty dam close in terms of talent. No one who has a general understanding of the nfl, or your Bronco's. Should think this game is in the bank for the Pat's. You guys have the best home field advantage in all of sports ( thin air ). As our record reflects the problems it gives us and others ( pitt looked tired late ) . There are not to many of us who are excited about having to play this one at mile high. We know we are a spoiled fan base. We simply can't help it! The year in and year out winning has side effects. As i'm sure most of you have seen. Add on resent events ( deflategate ) and the nut jobs take it to a new level of lunatic. While i like our chances this weekend. I will not be shocked if you beat us. Your football team is hard nosed, and talented. I see this as a strength vs strength showdown. Our passing game vs your secondary. Love him or hate him, you know Brady's going to try and shred that #1 ranked pass defense of yours. His competitive fire is something hard not to admire. Call him names, say what ever you want. The man is always game and ready for the next challenge. There is no better man to play QB in a tuff road playoff game. Or in any game but there's my homerizum coming out. That being said.... I think there is no better team to put the clamps on him other than your Broncos. I love me some A. Talib. I wished we kept him instead of signing Revis. I'm wondering how your fan base felt when you went back to Manning. Was there people who wanted Brock to stay the starter? Or was most fans happy? I have no clue, im in New England.

Great post.

As one of the very few outside of NE who thinks Brady is the best QB in the NFL right now i feel the same way about Brady as you do. Dont really care for the rest of the team but have always loved the fire and determination that Brady has. That run to the endzone vs KC was what i want out of a QB and reminded me a lot of John doing the helicopter vs the Pack in the SB. You want a QB who is going to lay it all out on the field and Brady is that kind of guy. But, come Sunday its all about my Broncos taking Brady and your team down and im really confident we are going to get it done. For some reason just like in NE in Denver the Pats have a hard time winning here. Im ok with Manning being back in the lineup, he has the experience necessary but the arm is a concern especially this time of year. But with a lot of weeks of rest perhaps that is just what the doctor ordered, well they kind of did order it didnt they? Anyhow, welcome to the forum and i wish you absolutely no luck on Sunday.

Go Broncos!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2016, 09:33 AM
Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 1h

Patriots QB Tom Brady is 2-6 all-time in Denver. A snapshot look back at those games: http://es.pn/1PdrPBs

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 17h

Patriots slip from 3rd to 11th in @RickGosselinDMN special teams rankings, which are often cited by Bill Belichick. http://es.pn/1Pmv2rW

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 19h

Bill Belichick highlights differences in preparing for Peyton Manning vs. Brock Osweiler. http://es.pn/1nfuIW0

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2016, 09:39 AM
Troy Renck Retweeted
Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 17h

Patriots & Broncos rank No. 1 and 2 in the NFL in wins during the last 5 yrs. Only teams to win 70%+ of their games

Slick
01-19-2016, 10:02 AM
Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 1h

Patriots QB Tom Brady is 2-6 all-time in Denver. A snapshot look back at those games: http://es.pn/1PdrPBs

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 17h

Patriots slip from 3rd to 11th in @RickGosselinDMN special teams rankings, which are often cited by Bill Belichick. http://es.pn/1Pmv2rW

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 19h

Bill Belichick highlights differences in preparing for Peyton Manning vs. Brock Osweiler. http://es.pn/1nfuIW0

Brady's 2 wins were against Danny Kanell and Tim Tebow.

VonDoom
01-19-2016, 10:27 AM
Brady's playoff record overall is 22-8. He's 4-2 in Super Bowls (so, neutral sites). That means he's 18-6 in all other playoff games. An amazing 18 of those games were played at home, where he is 15-3. Only six road games, where he is 3-3. Brady's last road playoff win was in the Divisional round in 2006 at SD.

Ultimately, this might mean nothing. But I feel like I made this argument two years ago. Everyone's record will be better at home, and the Patriots have done a great job of guaranteeing home playoff games over the course of Brady's career. If this game was in Foxboro, I would think we have no chance. Given that it's in Denver, I'd say it's very even.

7DnBrnc53
01-19-2016, 10:28 AM
Andy Reid was complaining of clock problems too.

The NFL controls the headsets. The teams are responsible for replacing batteries and such.

Well, KC isn't the only team that complained about headsets going out in Foxboro over the years, so, maybe the NFL doesn't control them as much as you think.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-19-2016, 10:34 AM
Brady is 1-2 at Mile High in playoff games.

MasterShake
01-19-2016, 10:37 AM
Brady's playoff record overall is 22-8. He's 4-2 in Super Bowls (so, neutral sites). That means he's 18-6 in all other playoff games. An amazing 18 of those games were played at home, where he is 15-3. Only six road games, where he is 3-3. Brady's last road playoff win was in the Divisional round in 2006 at SD.

Ultimately, this might mean nothing. But I feel like I made this argument two years ago. Everyone's record will be better at home, and the Patriots have done a great job of guaranteeing home playoff games over the course of Brady's career. If this game was in Foxboro, I would think we have no chance. Given that it's in Denver, I'd say it's very even.

I have huge respect for Brady and the Patriots for what they have accomplished in the playoffs, I guess I'm just a little confused why they are suddenly favored next week. I saw a team struggling the last 2 weeks of the regular season even moreso than Denver. I know they had injuries but we have seen some average defenses practically shut them down. They had a great outing against KC last week and looked stronger in their win than Denver, so maybe that is where the sudden change of heart with the odds-makers is coming.

I totally agree though, this really comes down to little advantages like home field. I think NE and Denver are closer than some people think as teams overall. New England has the better offense, and we have the better defense. Lets see if that old saying about defense wins championships holds true for a few more games. I wish I could say I was super confident about Denver in this game, but I'm also not terribly down on their chances especially at home.

BroncoJoe
01-19-2016, 10:42 AM
I have huge respect for Brady and the Patriots for what they have accomplished in the playoffs, I guess I'm just a little confused why they are suddenly favored next week. I saw a team struggling the last 2 weeks of the regular season even moreso than Denver. I know they had injuries but we have seen some average defenses practically shut them down. They had a great outing against KC last week and looked stronger in their win than Denver, so maybe that is where the sudden change of heart with the odds-makers is coming.

I totally agree though, this really comes down to little advantages like home field. I think NE and Denver are closer than some people think as teams overall. New England has the better offense, and we have the better defense. Lets see if that old saying about defense wins championships holds true for a few more games. I wish I could say I was super confident about Denver in this game, but I'm also not terribly down on their chances especially at home.

The betting lines are solely based on how many people are betting on a particular team, and Vegas trying to even out the bets.

Northman
01-19-2016, 10:50 AM
Brady's 2 wins were against Danny Kanell and Tim Tebow.

And even the Kanell game was a stroke of luck for them.

Ravage!!!
01-19-2016, 10:54 AM
I have huge respect for Brady and the Patriots for what they have accomplished in the playoffs, I guess I'm just a little confused why they are suddenly favored next week.

Suddenly favored? If you were to grade these two teams, which QB would you bet on to win this game? Who's been to the game 10 times in 15 years? Which one has been to a record 6 Super Bowls?

They have Edelman back, and they have Brady at QB.

Ravage!!!
01-19-2016, 10:55 AM
The betting lines are solely based on how many people are betting on a particular team, and Vegas trying to even out the bets.

Yeah..... the line adjusts to how people are bettting, but the initial line is set by them to begin with. So it's that line that determines how people are betting.

tripp
01-19-2016, 10:58 AM
Pro Football Focus
‏@PFF
#Broncos pressured Tom Brady on 18 dropbacks (40%) in Wk 12. On those pressured plays Brady's completion percentage was 26.7

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 24m24 minutes ago
The Broncos Pressured Roethlisberger on 47.5% of his dropbacks. Tom Brady was pressured on just 16.3% of his dropbacks vs KC.

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 17h17 hours ago
Tom Brady's average depth of target in Week 12 at DEN (12.4) was his highest of the season.

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 33s34 seconds ago
Tom Brady's time to throw average dropped from 2.55 seconds in games without Edelman down to 2.19 seconds in Saturday's game. Big change

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2016, 11:04 AM
from article:

New England Patriots: One of the big questions for the Patriots' defense is whether injuries to defensive end Chandler Jones (appeared to be right knee) and linebackers Jamie Collins (back) and Jerod Mayo (shoulder) will impact their availability for the AFC Championship Game. Bill Belichick didn't provide an update on their status when asked Monday, saying the team would do so on Wednesday when the first injury report is released.

Denver Broncos: The Broncos will need wide receivers Jordan Norwood and Andre Caldwell to step things up in the return game. Omar Bolden will miss the remainder of the Broncos' postseason after he suffered a partial PCL tear in his knee in Sunday's AFC divisional-round win over the Pittsburgh Steelers. Bolden, who missed seven games with a hamstring injury this season, was the team's most impactful returner, including an 83-yard punt return for a touchdown against Indianapolis. Norwood would likely handle most of the punt returns (with Emmanuel Sanders as an option as well) and Caldwell would handle most of the kickoff returns.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x160119/carolina-panthers-preparing-arizona-cardinals-blitz-new-england-patriots-add-injuries-tuesday-nfl-preview

VonDoom
01-19-2016, 11:21 AM

I think the Patriots will always get the benefit of the doubt, because they show up in the playoffs every year. Plus, Edelman was back, Brady's ankle seems fine and Gronk, though maybe injured, is still Gronk. A full strength Patriots offense will be favored almost every time.

tripp
01-19-2016, 11:22 AM
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 2m2 minutes ago
With many of Denver's defensive stars set to become free agents, the Broncos' postseason has a now-or-never feel: https://goo.gl/9AgpEz

tripp
01-19-2016, 11:24 AM
I think the Patriots will always get the benefit of the doubt, because they show up in the playoffs every year. Plus, Edelman was back, Brady's ankle seems fine and Gronk, though maybe injured, is still Gronk. A full strength Patriots offense will be favored almost every time.

I always consider it a mental disadvantage to be favored in games. Whether the players choose to believe it or not. It's on extra bit of motivation for the underdog to come away with a win.

As long as we can take away Edelman, and force them to throw it to Gronk, we have a great shot.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2016, 11:28 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 14h

Broncos may be off Tuesday but GM John Elway will be in LA scouting NFLPA College All-Star practice. #9news #9sports #workneverstops

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2016, 11:35 AM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 26m

You don't get to Brady unless he has to throw it more than 10 yards. Keep him 3rd and long.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1h

This isn't Manning versus Brady. This is Gronk versus Broncos safeties. That's where this game will be decided.

Nomad
01-19-2016, 11:47 AM
I always consider it a mental disadvantage to be favored in games. Whether the players choose to believe it or not. It's on extra bit of motivation for the underdog to come away with a win.

As long as we can take away Edelman, and force them to throw it to Gronk, we have a great shot.

If the BRONCOS defense can't get to Brady, it doesn't matter who they take away. BRONCOS defense gotta get pressure up the middle on Brady, and get him rattled early. And the Cardiac BRONCOS offense has to score touchdowns. This offense isn't nearly as effective as the 2013 offense was.

BroncoJoe
01-19-2016, 11:49 AM
Yeah..... the line adjusts to how people are bettting, but the initial line is set by them to begin with. So it's that line that determines how people are betting.

Also based on how they perceive people will bet.

That said, we're not disagreeing, but they don't set the line based on who "they" think will win, just who the betting public will place their bets on.

Ravage!!!
01-19-2016, 11:56 AM
Also based on how they perceive people will bet.

That said, we're not disagreeing, but they don't set the line based on who "they" think will win, just who the betting public will place their bets on.

Hmm... I see what you are saying.

However, considering how good vegas is with their algorythms on guessing scores and differentials, I assumed that they are setting the bet based on their true figures WHILE enticing betters.

But I see what you are saying. It's all about money, obviously.

MasterShake
01-19-2016, 11:57 AM

Yup the more I think about it there really is no reason they should not be favored. Plus I think that is just more motivation for this defense which I still think is our best shot at winning this game.

VonDoom

I think I said in the Pitt game thread once the line came out, I LOVE being the underdog in this game, especially at home. Last week was a game we were "supposed" to win, which always makes me nervous. This is the opposite. Don't get me wrong, I'm nervous. I just like flying under the radar better.

Ravage!!!
If the BRONCOS defense can't get to Brady, it doesn't matter who they take away. BRONCOS defense gotta get pressure up the middle on Brady, and get him rattled early. And the Cardiac BRONCOS offense has to score touchdowns. This offense isn't nearly as effective as the 2013 offense was.

This offense isn't as effective as the 2005 Broncos were. This offense is pretty pathetic, imo.

VonDoom
01-19-2016, 11:58 AM

You don't say ... :D

VonDoom
01-19-2016, 12:00 PM
Brady is 1-2 at Mile High in playoff games.

Actually, he's 0-2 at Denver in the playoffs, 2005 and 2013. The one win was in NE, the pummeling of the Tebow team in 2011.

Funny, now that you mention it, two of Brady's three road losses in the playoffs have been to Denver. The other one? The Manning-led Colts in 2006.

Nomad
01-19-2016, 12:02 PM
This offense isn't as effective as the 2005 Broncos were. This offense is pretty pathetic, imo.

You don't say ... :D

Yes, it's Capt. Obvious, but I don't think the BRONCOS can win if they don't score touchdowns, and take Brady out of the game. I believe the Cardiac BRONCOS step up to plate, and do this very thing to get the W.

I'm expecting a not-so-pretty game again.....as for as the offense goes.

Nomad
01-19-2016, 12:06 PM

So....you're saying Plummer is better than Manning. :D :boink:

just kidding

Davii
01-19-2016, 12:08 PM
Yes, it's Capt. Obvious, but I don't think the BRONCOS can win if they don't score touchdowns, and take Brady out of the game. I believe the Cardiac BRONCOS step up to plate, and do this very thing to get the W.

I'm expecting a not-so-pretty game again.....as for as the offense goes.

I'm expecting the offense to "step up" honestly. Certainly I think the D does what they do, which is ******* dominate, but I expect the offense to put up more points than we expect. I don't see Peyton throwing for 400 yards and 5 TDs, but high 200s, 2 TDs, with close to 200 on the ground and another 2 rushing TDs.... I can see that happening.

MasterShake
01-19-2016, 12:14 PM
I'm expecting the offense to "step up" honestly. Certainly I think the D does what they do, which is ******* dominate, but I expect the offense to put up more points than we expect. I don't see Peyton throwing for 400 yards and 5 TDs, but high 200s, 2 TDs, with close to 200 on the ground and another 2 rushing TDs.... I can see that happening.

If we can clean up the dropped passes and get the run game going I like our chances for sure. I think you are spot on with the stats the offense would need, especially the rushing. Long drives that end in more TDs than Field Goals to keep Brady off the field. We can't get into a shootout.

VonDoom
01-19-2016, 12:14 PM

A lot of our run game will depend on how banged up that Pats' defense really is. Collins, Jones and Mayo all left the game the other day. I'm sure we won't REALLY know how hurt they are, but if they're less than 100%, we'll have a better chance of grinding them down, obviously.

Davii
01-19-2016, 12:17 PM
Man, I need to win that DirecTV fan fly away. Hurry up and notify me!

lol

Bronco4ever
01-19-2016, 12:18 PM
It'd be nice if we could get some touchdowns punched in and not FG ourselves to death.

Nomad
01-19-2016, 12:19 PM
If we can clean up the dropped passes and get the run game going I like our chances for sure. I think you are spot on with the stats the offense would need, especially the rushing. Long drives that end in more TDs than Field Goals to keep Brady off the field. We can't get into a shootout.

This has been the problem all year that discourages the offense, and/or kills drives. I hope they magically fix this in a week, or continue to go to more reliable hands. As of now, Patriots key defensive players are limping, but you never know if Belichick is telling the full story. Either way, you're spot on with scoring touchdowns, and keeping Brady off the field.

Nomad
01-19-2016, 12:22 PM

It would be refreshing to see this.

Sunday can't come fast enough.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-19-2016, 12:32 PM
Actually, he's 0-2 at Denver in the playoffs, 2005 and 2013. The one win was in NE, the pummeling of the Tebow team in 2011.

Funny, now that you mention it, two of Brady's three road losses in the playoffs have been to Denver. The other one? The Manning-led Colts in 2006.

You're right, I was remembering Manning's record against Brady in conference champion games.

VonDoom
01-19-2016, 12:34 PM
Man, I need to win that DirecTV fan fly away. Hurry up and notify me!

lol

You too? Hook me up as your plus one if you win, dude!

TXBRONC
01-19-2016, 12:39 PM
You too? Hook me up as your plus one if you win, dude!

Forget you, I can be picked up on the way because I'm in his neighborhood. :D

tripp
01-19-2016, 12:44 PM

I wouldn't bank on getting much pressure to Brady. KC rarely pressured Brady, take a look at one of my previous posts in this thread by Pro football focus. They did the same thing to KC as they did to Seattle in the SB. Short crossing routes and allowing Edelman and Amendola to do the work on their foot. Brady reduces the time he has holding the football from 2.55 without Edelman, to now 2.19 seconds with Edelman.

VonDoom
01-19-2016, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't bank on getting much pressure to Brady. KC rarely pressured Brady, take a look at one of my previous posts in this thread by Pro football focus. They did the same thing to KC as they did to Seattle in the SB. Short crossing routes and allowing Edelman and Amendola to do the work on their foot. Brady reduces the time he has holding the football from 2.55 without Edelman, to now 2.19 seconds with Edelman.

A lot of the KC pass rushers were banged up and ineffective in that game. Getting pressure on Brady without blitzing is the key to beating that team, and has been for many years (see: Giants 2007, 2011). Wade has to put together his best game plan for this one.

Buff
01-19-2016, 01:02 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that the coaching staff is hell bent on protecting Manning from himself - hence the conservative gameplans, focus on running the ball, Manning under center, etc.

But it would be great to throw out the script entirely for this game... Just let him come out and run shotgun/no-huddle 2013 offense, and if he throws 5 INTs in the process, then at least we went down kicking and screaming.

I don't really expect them to do that. I think Kubiak will stick with the Kubes ball that has gotten us to this point. But if we lose a 24-7 game where our offense can't do anything, it will feel like we should have just let Brock go out and run the offense since he is better suited for Kubiak-style offense. We need to take advantage of what 18 brings to the table.

chazoe60
01-19-2016, 01:08 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that the coaching staff is hell bent on protecting Manning from himself - hence the conservative gameplans, focus on running the ball, Manning under center, etc.

But it would be great to throw out the script entirely for this game... Just let him come out and run shotgun/no-huddle 2013 offense, and if he throws 5 INTs in the process, then at least we went down kicking and screaming.

I don't really expect them to do that. I think Kubiak will stick with the Kubes ball that has gotten us to this point. But if we lose a 24-7 game where our offense can't do anything, it will feel like we should have just let Brock go out and run the offense since he is better suited for Kubiak-style offense. We need to take advantage of what 18 brings to the table.

The problem is that the only thing 18 truly brings to the table at this point is his mind. Manning can not effectively run that 2013 offense any more. I like what we're doing. Clean up the drops and hit on one or two long shots and we'll be fine. I would like to see him utilize Owen Daniels more who had really started picking up his game late in the season.

We can run on the *Patriots, especially if Collins and Jones are out.

Ravage!!!
01-19-2016, 01:12 PM
I think it's good that we use Manning's intelligence on calling the right plays, calling out the right protections, and limit the turnovers. Turnovers will absolutely kills us. With our defense, the last thing you need is to give NE a short field and help them out.

Buff
01-19-2016, 01:12 PM
The problem is that the only thing 18 truly brings to the table at this point is his mind. Manning can not effectively run that 2013 offense any more. I like what we're doing. Clean up the drops and hit on one or two long shots and we'll be fine. I would like to see him utilize Owen Daniels more who had really started picking up his game late in the season.

We can run on the *Patriots, especially if Collins and Jones are out.

I think Tom Brady will out game-manage you 99 out of 100 times. They average 28 points per game. I just don't think managing the game will be enough to beat a healthier Patriots team for the 2nd time this year. I'd rather swing for the fences and take my chances on Manning being able to turn it on for one day.

MNPatsFan
01-19-2016, 01:14 PM
BRONCOS are definitely the underdog.The Broncos may be underdogs, but not by much. This game really makes me nervous because the Broncos ALWAYS play the Pats, Brady and BB extremely tough, especially in Denver, and the Broncos almost always defeat the Pats in Denver. I'm sure hoping the Pats beat the Broncos, but I am extremely nervous and far from confident regarding the Patriots chances to actually win the game.

Nomad
01-19-2016, 01:19 PM
The Broncos may be underdogs, but not by much. This game really makes me nervous because the Broncos ALWAYS play the Pats, Brady and BB extremely tough, especially in Denver, and the Broncos almost always defeat the Pats in Denver. I'm sure hoping the Pats beat the Broncos, but I am extremely nervous and far from confident regarding the Patriots chances to actually win the game.

I was listening to the talking heads yesterday, and not one gives the BRONCOS a chance.. I guess that's when I made my statement.

I believe it's gonna be one of those cardiac games, in which (in my homer point of view:D), BRONCOS win.

MasterShake
01-19-2016, 01:32 PM
The Broncos may be underdogs, but not by much. This game really makes me nervous because the Broncos ALWAYS play the Pats, Brady and BB extremely tough, especially in Denver, and the Broncos almost always defeat the Pats in Denver. I'm sure hoping the Pats beat the Broncos, but I am extremely nervous and far from confident regarding the Patriots chances to actually win the game.

Yeah I don't know what it is but we have beaten some great Pats teams here with average Denver teams. I still don't know how we pulled off that win with Orton.

MNPatsFan
01-19-2016, 01:33 PM
I was listening to the talking heads yesterday, and not one gives the BRONCOS a chance.. I guess that's when I made my statement.

I believe it's gonna be one of those cardiac games, in which (in my homer point of view:D), BRONCOS win.Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me, but I am definitely hoping for the opposite outcome!:D

MNPatsFan
01-19-2016, 01:34 PM
Yeah I don't know what it is but we have beaten some great Pats teams here with average Denver teams. I still don't know how we pulled off that win with Orton.Yes, unfortunately I remember most of those losses.:tsk:

:laugh:

Buff
01-19-2016, 01:35 PM
Looks like it will be Hochuli with Vinovich going to Carolina. I can live with that.

http://www.footballzebras.com/2016/01/17/hochuli-and-vinovich-likely-conference-championship-referees/

MOtorboat
01-19-2016, 01:37 PM
How the hell does Vinovich continue to get himself in the top 3 or 4 of officiating? That guy and his crew are brutal.

MNPatsFan
01-19-2016, 01:38 PM
I will say that I am glad that it is either the Patriots or Broncos going to the SB because I would have really hated to see the Steelers go given Ben Rapistburger, and the Steelers history for pulling crap like what occurred in their playoff game against the Bengals. I'm sure that chazoe and others, who tend to flame me, will flame me by claiming that the Pats are just as bad or worse. Nonetheless, I really can't stand seeing the Steelers in anymore SBs.

Nomad
01-19-2016, 01:40 PM
How the hell does Vinovich continue to get himself in the top 3 or 4 of officiating? That guy and his crew are brutal.

Question is......how did he manage not to get the BRONCOS game? This makes the conspiracy theorists argument null that the NFL wants another Patriots Superbowl.

MNPatsFan
01-19-2016, 01:41 PM
How the hell does Vinovich continue to get himself in the top 3 or 4 of officiating? That guy and his crew are brutal.I believe that "all star" crews work the playoffs so that Vinovich isn't working with his crew. As for whether Vinovich is one of the top 3 or 4 at his position, I can't say. I believe I heard or read that the NFL takes the top officials from this past weekend's games and assigns them to the SB, while this weekend's games are officiated by the best two crews from the Wildcard weekend playoff games. Perhaps Spike can answer whether I am correct?

NightTerror218
01-19-2016, 01:46 PM
Against the Pats with Brock, the middle was open for TE and RB on short passes that moved us down the field. Brock was not able to connect with WR like Thomas in this game at all. Hope Manning's timing is better and WR catch the ball.

The running game took off in this game too, helped with Hightower out for part of the game. Collins and Jones are banged up. If they do not play this will help out here as well.

My hope is to take a page from Charger and KC, eat up clock and keep Brady off the field.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2016, 01:59 PM
I believe that "all star" crews work the playoffs so that Vinovich isn't working with his crew. As for whether Vinovich is one of the top 3 or 4 at his position, I can't say. I believe I heard or read that the NFL takes the top officials from this past weekend's games and assigns them to the SB, while this weekend's games are officiated by the best two crews from the Wildcard weekend playoff games. Perhaps Spike can answer whether I am correct?

You are correct that the position referees who graded out the best work the playoffs.

Bill Vinovich and Ed Hochuli - They haven’t worked playoff games yet this year, though they were alternates last weekend, on site at divisional games in case someone was injured.

The Super Bowl will be called by one of the referees who worked a divisional round game last weekend, from the pool including Clete Blakeman, Tony Corrente, Terry McAulay and Craig Wrolstad.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/19/report-bill-vinovich-and-ed-hochuli-to-ref-championship-games/

VonDoom
01-19-2016, 02:18 PM
This is some good news - Harris says he's feeling better and should be on track to play fully on Sunday:

BSN Denver caught up with Chris Harris Jr. on Tuesday morning, during his day off, and the star corner was in good spirits.

“I’m gonna fight through it,” he said. “It actually feels way better than it did last week at this time.”

Harris acknowledged that he will see lots of Julian Edelman on Sunday and is ready to start preparing for the big game.

“Unless I have a setback, I should see full reps this week, not limited,” he explained.

http://bsndenver.com/broncos-chris-harris-jr-to-play-sunday-shoulder-feels-way-better/

Buff
01-19-2016, 02:20 PM
This is some good news - Harris says he's feeling better and should be on track to play fully on Sunday:

http://bsndenver.com/broncos-chris-harris-jr-to-play-sunday-shoulder-feels-way-better/

Meh - I don't put much stock in that. I think he's basically playing with 1 arm, and is really limited, and don't expect that to change on one week's rest. But good for him for fighting through it either way... I kind of wish he wouldn't have been as vocal about the severity on Sunday though - you know Brady will test him.

NightTerror218
01-19-2016, 02:21 PM
Both times against the Steelers the slot WR tore us up. Brown the first game and Bryant the second.

At times we have given up big plays to breakdown in zone coverages. I hope we play man to man and mix in some zone rather then other way around.

Brady's boy
01-19-2016, 02:36 PM
Great post.

As one of the very few outside of NE who thinks Brady is the best QB in the NFL right now i feel the same way about Brady as you do. Dont really care for the rest of the team but have always loved the fire and determination that Brady has. That run to the endzone vs KC was what i want out of a QB and reminded me a lot of John doing the helicopter vs the Pack in the SB. You want a QB who is going to lay it all out on the field and Brady is that kind of guy. But, come Sunday its all about my Broncos taking Brady and your team down and im really confident we are going to get it done. For some reason just like in NE in Denver the Pats have a hard time winning here. Im ok with Manning being back in the lineup, he has the experience necessary but the arm is a concern especially this time of year. But with a lot of weeks of rest perhaps that is just what the doctor ordered, well they kind of did order it didnt they? Anyhow, welcome to the forum and i wish you absolutely no luck on Sunday.

Go Broncos!

Thank you

Thanks for giving Brady his due also. Now that you said it, it was like John's goal line dive. Unfortunately Tom don't have the athletic ability of John, but the statement of it was similar. You guys should be confident. The home team has usually been the victor in these match ups. I fully think we get this one at mile high. If we do lose, i will not be stunned though. I find it hard to think Brady don't find a way to get it done. So i wish you no luck as well. I do hope no matter who wins. That that team is healthy enough to go win the SB. Lets keep the championship in the AFC!!!!

Davii
01-19-2016, 02:38 PM
Thank you

Thanks for giving Brady his due also. Now that you said it, it was like John's goal line dive. Unfortunately Tom don't have the athletic ability of John, but the statement of it was similar. You guys should be confident. The home team has usually been the victor in these match ups. I fully think we get this one at mile high. If we do lose, i will not be stunned though. I find it hard to think Brady don't find a way to get it done. So i wish you no luck as well. I do hope no matter who wins. That that team is healthy enough to go win the SB. Lets keep the championship in the AFC!!!!

Just stop. We all know you'll be gone this time next week regardless of outcome. Why delay the inevitable? Just go away now.

VonDoom
01-19-2016, 02:55 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 10m10 minutes ago

Broncos to promote CB Taurean Nixon from practice squad to replace S-KR Omar Bolden who goes on IR

MasterShake
01-19-2016, 03:06 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 10m10 minutes ago

Broncos to promote CB Taurean Nixon from practice squad to replace S-KR Omar Bolden who goes on IR

Good, hopefully he will be "Taurean" up the field to score a TD on a kick return! Hahahahahaha!

ahem.

I'll see myself out.

Nomad
01-19-2016, 03:12 PM
Antonio Smith calls Brady a crybaby....:lol: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/19/antonio-smith-brady-cries-when-he-gets-hit-but-he-keeps-coming/

More Patriot fan comments for ya, GEM :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2016, 03:31 PM
The Broncos quickly moved to fill the vacancy on the 53-man roster, promoting cornerback Taurean Nixon from the practice squad.

A seventh-round pick last year, Nixon has been on the practice squad all season and can provide immediate depth in the secondary, as well as a potential option on returns.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-place-Omar-Bolden-on-injured-reserve-Taurean-Nixon-promoted-to-fill-his-spot/20425200-5e8e-4fc6-8451-df7bb387cf9d

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2016, 03:33 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 35m

#Broncos Nixon provides depth in the secondary. Makes sense with Chris Harris dealing with a shoulder issue. Another cover guy can't hurt

underrated29
01-19-2016, 03:44 PM
Good, hopefully he will be "Taurean" up the field to score a TD on a kick return! Hahahahahaha!

ahem.

I'll see myself out.

Could be.

We drafted this guy and Doss, from the same team I believe. Taureen is supposedly really fast. Not sure they would count on the rookie to field a punt or kick off, but if they do he has the wheels to really shred some cheater special teams.

MasterShake
01-19-2016, 04:28 PM
Could be.

We drafted this guy and Doss, from the same team I believe. Taureen is supposedly really fast. Not sure they would count on the rookie to field a punt or kick off, but if they do he has the wheels to really shred some cheater special teams.

I really wish Holliday would have worked out somehow. It was cool to have that threat.

weazel
01-19-2016, 04:32 PM
I really wish Holliday would have worked out somehow. It was cool to have that threat.

not the threat of fumbles though

Nomad
01-19-2016, 04:32 PM

I wish he would of been as productive like at LSU. He was fun to watch every Sat. I still wonder if the little difference in size and shape in the football made a difference in his fumbles. He didn't fumble in college as much as he did in the NFL.

chazoe60
01-19-2016, 04:33 PM
Punt returns are my least favorite play in all of football, every time the Broncos are back to return I just know something bad is going to happen.

MasterShake
01-19-2016, 04:40 PM
Punt returns are my least favorite play in all of football, every time the Broncos are back to return I just know something bad is going to happen.

They should put me back there. I would be waving that shit off every single time and putting us in awful starting position. But I would NEVER fumble. EVER.

underrated29
01-19-2016, 04:41 PM

It shall now be referred to as the T-Factor. All punts, no fumbles.

underrated29
01-19-2016, 04:42 PM
They should put me back there. I would be waving that shit off every single time and putting us in awful starting position. But I would NEVER fumble. EVER.

Furthermore you would dive at the gunners knees when he comes close. Teach his ass to get near you or the ball again!

MasterShake
01-19-2016, 04:44 PM
Furthermore you would dive at the gunners knees when he comes close. Teach his ass to get near you or the ball again!

If it meant we win the AFC Championship game I would roll into their best player on Special Teams like a barrel in Donkey Kong. After I get ejected I would just look up at the owners box and John Elway would put a cigar in his mouth and raise his glass of bourbon to me and wink.

Davii
01-19-2016, 04:46 PM
If it meant we win the AFC Championship game I would roll into their best player on Special Teams like a barrel in Donkey Kong. After I get ejected I would just look up at the owners box and John Elway would put a cigar in his mouth and raise his glass of bourbon to me and wink.

I'd run straight off the field as soon as the ball was kicked and punch Brady in his grill.

Gronk Spike
01-19-2016, 04:47 PM

I was at all 3 games and I will be in Denver this Friday for the game.

This time leaving with a win.

chazoe60
01-19-2016, 04:50 PM

You must plan on getting a handy in the bathroom from another *Pats fan because that's the only way you're leaving with a win.

Davii
01-19-2016, 04:50 PM

Doubtful.

weazel
01-19-2016, 04:53 PM
You must plan on getting a handy in the bathroom from another *Pats fan because that's the only way you're leaving with a win.

lmao

OrangeHoof
01-19-2016, 04:54 PM
Well, KC isn't the only team that complained about headsets going out in Foxboro over the years, so, maybe the NFL doesn't control them as much as you think.

There's nothing wrong with the headsets at Fuxboro. There's something very wrong with the Patriots jamming the signals in key situations. Sort of like when Manning's Colts would pipe in extra crowd noise.

Timmy!
01-19-2016, 04:55 PM
ESPN reporting Mayo out for the year.

VonDoom
01-19-2016, 04:57 PM
ESPN reporting Mayo out for the year.

Indeed. That answers one of our questions:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago

The #Patriots are placing LB Jerod Mayo on Injured Reserve, source said. His season is over.

VonDoom
01-19-2016, 04:57 PM

Seems like you're our good luck charm. Glad you'll be there! :D :beer:

Northman
01-19-2016, 05:11 PM
I'd run straight off the field as soon as the ball was kicked and punch Brady in his grill.

Bwhahahahahahahaha oh shit.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2016, 05:20 PM
Update: The NFL has confirmed that Ed Hochuli will be the referee for the AFC Championship game and that Bill Vinovich will be the referee for the NFC Championship game.

http://www.footballzebras.com/2016/01/17/hochuli-and-vinovich-likely-conference-championship-referees/

underrated29
01-19-2016, 05:24 PM

Real men do not hit women. They slap them. Backhand that sissy Davii

Gronk Spike
01-19-2016, 05:45 PM
Seems like you're our good luck charm. Glad you'll be there! :D :beer:

I am

Was at the Super Bowl last year.

Gronk Spike
01-19-2016, 05:46 PM
There's nothing wrong with the headsets at Fuxboro. There's something very wrong with the Patriots jamming the signals in key situations. Sort of like when Manning's Colts would pipe in extra crowd noise.

Riighgtt

When you gather enough evidence contact ESPN. Someone there is waiting for your call.

Gronk Spike
01-19-2016, 05:48 PM

Sounds like Denver thing.

I'm not interested in your hobbies.

BroncoJoe
01-19-2016, 05:51 PM
AND, here they come.

Hey Gronk Spike:

Would you pay to see Gronk naked? I'm guessing yes.

Nomad
01-19-2016, 06:16 PM
AND, here they come.

Hey Gronk Spike:

Very similar posting styles of Hippo/OrangeFanatic.

BroncoJoe
01-19-2016, 06:17 PM
Very similar posting styles of Hippo/OrangeFanatic.

I'm trying not to sully an otherwise good thread, but these idiots need to be flushed out.

tomjonesrocks
01-19-2016, 07:04 PM
One nice thing about this matchup is that either you're from Mass - or you're rooting for Denver in this one.

Never had so many friends dedicated to opposing teams - including hated AFC West foes - come up and say how bad they want Denver to win.

Fair to say if Denver does suffer a loss I'll have close to zero shit-talk in my world.

SR
01-19-2016, 07:12 PM
Meh - I don't put much stock in that. I think he's basically playing with 1 arm, and is really limited, and don't expect that to change on one week's rest. But good for him for fighting through it either way... I kind of wish he wouldn't have been as vocal about the severity on Sunday though - you know Brady will test him.

He playing possum.

Poet
01-19-2016, 07:14 PM
**** Tom Brady.

SR
01-19-2016, 07:14 PM
Thank you Thanks for giving Brady his due also. Now that you said it, it was like John's goal line dive. Unfortunately Tom don't have the athletic ability of John, but the statement of it was similar. You guys should be confident. The home team has usually been the victor in these match ups. I fully think we get this one at mile high. If we do lose, i will not be stunned though. I find it hard to think Brady don't find a way to get it done. So i wish you no luck as well. I do hope no matter who wins. That that team is healthy enough to go win the SB. Lets keep the championship in the AFC!!!!

Thanks for not being a typical Baaahhhhstin doucebag Pats fan.

SR
01-19-2016, 07:17 PM
Riighgtt When you gather enough evidence contact ESPN. Someone there is waiting for your call.

Good luck getting that call through. Belicheat probably already tapped those lines.

Davii
01-19-2016, 08:04 PM
I am

Was at the Super Bowl last year.

Oh hey, look e'rebody, we know who this is. How go your crazy dolla dolla bills and all those chicks you bang, troll?

SR
01-19-2016, 08:24 PM
Oh hey, look e'rebody, we know who this is. How go your crazy dolla dolla bills and all those chicks you bang, troll?

Is this OR?!?!?!?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2016, 09:26 PM
Rob Gronkowski calls out Broncos' D for 'low blows'

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29405560/rob-gronkowski-calls-out-broncos-d-low-blows

spikerman
01-19-2016, 09:32 PM
I wish the Broncos players would just shut up. Talking trash to them is not smart.

BroncoWave
01-19-2016, 09:34 PM
I wish the Broncos players would just shut up. Talking trash to them is not smart.

Eh, the next NFL game that is decided by trash talk beforehand will be the first. Beside, both teams have been saying shit back and forth this week, so even if you want to accept the premise that this kind of stuff impacts games, that would cancel it out anyway.

Buff
01-19-2016, 09:36 PM

It's annoying that it's Antonio Smith, who has been here for like 5 minutes, but in headlines he's speaking on behalf of the whole team.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-19-2016, 09:37 PM
AND, here they come.

Hey Gronk Spike:

He owns the SI naked issue with Gronk, so we know the answer to be yes.

BroncoWave
01-19-2016, 09:40 PM
Do people seriously think guys who have had the dedication to their craft to make it all the way to the NFL need any sort of extra motivation like trash talk from the other side to get ready for a game? And not just any game, but a game for a spot in the Super Bowl nonetheless. It's something for fans and the media to talk about, but I just refuse to believe shit like this has even the most minimal of an impact on the game. Once they get out there and start hitting, do you really think Tom Brady will be thinking of what Antonio Smith said on Monday? I mean, come on.

Poet
01-19-2016, 09:42 PM
Do people seriously think guys who have had the dedication to their craft to make it all the way to the NFL need any sort of extra motivation like trash talk from the other side to get ready for a game? And not just any game, but a game for a spot in the Super Bowl nonetheless. It's something for fans and the media to talk about, but I just refuse to believe shit like this has even the most minimal of an impact on the game. Once they get out there and start hitting, do you really think Tom Brady will be thinking of what Antonio Smith said on Monday? I mean, come on.

Sometimes it does help. The Steelers cite to Housh's whiping his feet on the Terrible towel. The Washington Redskins offensive lineman went nuts on the field -in terms of play- due to the Bills defensive coach talking about how soft and girly they were. There are emotional players, and emotions motivate them.

BroncoWave
01-19-2016, 09:46 PM
Sometimes it does help. The Steelers cite to Housh's whiping his feet on the Terrible towel. The Washington Redskins offensive lineman went nuts on the field -in terms of play- due to the Bills defensive coach talking about how soft and girly they were. There are emotional players, and emotions motivate them.

I don't buy it. You can probably find just as many examples of players playing worse than they usually do after being trash talked during the week. A guy like Tom Brady is already as good as they come and always puts in his max effort. He doesn't need trash talk from Antonio Smith to motivate him.

Davii
01-19-2016, 09:50 PM
I don't buy it. You can probably find just as many examples of players playing worse than they usually do after being trash talked during the week. A guy like Tom Brady is already as good as they come and always puts in his max effort. He doesn't need trash talk from Antonio Smith to motivate him.

Just because he doesn't need it doesn't mean it can't have an impact.

BroncoWave
01-19-2016, 09:55 PM
Just because he doesn't need it doesn't mean it can't have an impact.

Then I revert to my stance that you are hearing guys like Gronk chirp about our guys as well, so even if you want to accept that this motivates guys, it's now cancelled out.

IMO, this will have an impact about the same as Kubes naming Manning the starter earlier than people would have liked.

Brady's boy
01-19-2016, 09:59 PM
Just stop. We all know you'll be gone this time next week regardless of outcome. Why delay the inevitable? Just go away now.

I already explained my presence here earlier in this thread. If your that bothered, check it out.

Davii
01-19-2016, 09:59 PM
Then I revert to my stance that you are hearing guys like Gronk chirp about our guys as well, so even if you want to accept that this motivates guys, it's now cancelled out.

IMO, this will have an impact about the same as Kubes naming Manning the starter earlier than people would have liked.

I agree, more or less.

Davii
01-19-2016, 10:00 PM
I already explained my presence here earlier in this thread. If your that bothered, check it out.

Uh huh.

Brady's boy
01-19-2016, 10:11 PM
Thanks for not being a typical Baaahhhhstin doucebag Pats fan.

No problem SR

Canmore
01-19-2016, 10:12 PM

Brady's "boy" ...really? Brady is into boys now?

SR
01-19-2016, 10:25 PM

We knew that as soon as he...well, we've always known that.

SR
01-19-2016, 10:28 PM
No problem SR

I mean, you could be one deep down. I hope not. We haven't had good luck with Pats fans here. Even the ones that put on this type of front have ended up being the same tools (except Pags, he was as great of a French-Canadian Pats fan you could find).

Brady's boy
01-19-2016, 10:28 PM

Your comment tells me your between 10 n 12 years old. So i understand your concern. Fear not little one. He only likes the smart ones.

SR
01-19-2016, 10:30 PM
He only likes the smart ones.

Do tell.

TXBRONC
01-19-2016, 10:34 PM

ahem.

I'll see myself out.

Wait, let me get the door for ya.

TXBRONC
01-19-2016, 10:35 PM

He's been into boys Canmore.

Slick
01-19-2016, 10:37 PM
Rob Gronkowski calls out Broncos' D for 'low blows'

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29405560/rob-gronkowski-calls-out-broncos-d-low-blows

Of course they're going to go low on Gronk. If they hit him high they'll get flagged and fined and if they hit him in his chest, he'll shrug them off and keep running.

Brady's boy
01-19-2016, 10:38 PM
I mean, you could be one deep down. I hope not. We haven't had good luck with Pats fans here. Even the ones that put on this type of front have ended up being the same tools (except Pags, he was as great of a French-Canadian Pats fan you could find).

Just interested in what you guys are thinking heading into this big game. I consider myself a week long guest n will try to act like one. That is unless provoked, guys got to defend him self sometimes. What do you guys think of T.J. Ward? Is he worth the $? I think he's a 3 or 4 million dollar cap hit, but i could be mistaken.

Canmore
01-19-2016, 10:44 PM
Your comment tells me your between 10 n 12 years old. So i understand your concern. Fear not little one. He only likes the smart ones.

So telling. How long do we have to put up with you? Obviously, you are one of the smart ones.

Brady's boy
01-19-2016, 11:04 PM
So telling. How long do we have to put up with you? Obviously, you are one of the smart ones.

I wish i was one of the smat ones. Unfortunately i am not. I understand you got Pat's fans in here looking for trouble. All i can say is that, i'm not one of them. Just truly interested in how the "other side " views this match up. You don't have to put up with me at all. I'm not here to be a jerk. I do get why you my think that though.

Nomad
01-19-2016, 11:17 PM
My view of the game is......a nailbiter.

BRONCOS 29
Patriots 26

Magnificent Seven
01-19-2016, 11:25 PM
New England Patriots put LB Jerod Mayo (shoulder) on IR. Jerod Mayo's season is over.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000625466/article/new-england-patriots-put-jerod-mayo-shoulder-on-ir

Poet
01-19-2016, 11:29 PM
There's nothing wrong with a rival fan showing up. This guy at least looks like he's not here to be a dick.

Nomad
01-19-2016, 11:32 PM
There's nothing wrong with a rival fan showing up. This guy at least looks like he's not here to be a dick.

Tough crowd, huh. :lol: MnPatsFan is pretty cool. WTE and Pags are UA. :lol:

Davii
01-19-2016, 11:38 PM
Tough crowd, huh. :lol: MnPatsFan is pretty cool. WTE and Pags are UA. :lol:

Well, to be fair, Pags is UA. WTE's absence had prior authorization.

Nomad
01-19-2016, 11:47 PM
Well, to be fair, Pags is UA. WTE's absence had prior authorization.

I didn't realize he had been given a permanent vacation.....that's too bad. I liked him.

Canmore
01-19-2016, 11:48 PM
Just interested in what you guys are thinking heading into this big game. I consider myself a week long guest n will try to act like one. That is unless provoked, guys got to defend him self sometimes. What do you guys think of T.J. Ward? Is he worth the $? I think he's a 3 or 4 million dollar cap hit, but i could be mistaken.

Actually, his cap hit this year is 7.5 Mil, the highest of his 4 year deal. He's 5.7 Mil the next two years.

You say you are here for this week, we will see.

NightTerror218
01-20-2016, 12:17 AM
Actually, his cap hit this year is 7.5 Mil, the highest of his 4 year deal. He's 5.7 Mil the next two years.

I think ward sets the temp for defense and is definitely a leader. Not the best coverage safety but he can be a jack of all trades safety and make huge plays (sacks, FF, interceptions, ect) and is a tackling machine too. I said before he was my favorite FA that off season.

Brady's boy
01-20-2016, 12:42 AM

There we go! Thanks for answering my question. Holy crap, on that cap hit though. I always saw him as a throw back type of SS. Hard hitting run stuffer type, but struggled in coverage. My all time favorite player is Rodney Harrison. So thats why i asked the question. I love that type of SS, but there disappearing very quickly. Would you let E. Sanders or D.Thomas walk because of Wards cap hit? I mean, do you like him that much?

pnbronco
01-20-2016, 12:43 AM
I heard this on the radio today...a article from the Boston Globe... I'm having a hard time believing that calling Brady a cry baby is that shocking....everyone calls him that when it comes to the refs....yeah the man has serious talent but he is always looking for a flag for everything, that's just part of who he is. Just like Peyton would drive us nuts before he played for us with all the hand signals and such. IMO this article was just out and out cruel and disrespectful....see for yourself.....

Peyton Manning getting no respect around here

Peyton Manning’s résumé says he should be getting a little more respect around here as we prepare for the AFC Championship Joust and the 17th playing of the 18-12 Overture.

He gets none.

Manning should be Jeter.

Instead, he is A-Rod.

Patriot fans already have moved past Manning and the Denver Broncos. It’s all about plane reservations to San Francisco

rest of article here:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2016/01/19/peyton-manning-getting-respect-around-here/qG1l25BsWQgSg76BoMhhWL/story.html?p1=Article_Recommended_ArticleText

tomjonesrocks
01-20-2016, 12:51 AM
I have a feeling that "do you know Peyton Manning gets a 2M bonus is he wins this game?!" is going to be the next "did you know Tom Brady was a 6th-round pick?"

I've already heard/read it mentioned at least 5 times...******* got it...

Brady's boy
01-20-2016, 01:09 AM
I heard this on the radio today...a article from the Boston Globe... I'm having a hard time believing that calling Brady a cry baby is that shocking....everyone calls him that when it comes to the refs....yeah the man has serious talent but he is always looking for a flag for everything, that's just part of who he is. Just like Peyton would drive us nuts before he played for us with all the hand signals and such. IMO this article was just out and out cruel and disrespectful....see for yourself.....

Peyton Manning getting no respect around here

Peyton Manning’s résumé says he should be getting a little more respect around here as we prepare for the AFC Championship Joust and the 17th playing of the 18-12 Overture.

He gets none.

Manning should be Jeter.

Instead, he is A-Rod.

Patriot fans already have moved past Manning and the Denver Broncos. It’s all about plane reservations to San Francisco

rest of article here:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2016/01/19/peyton-manning-getting-respect-around-here/qG1l25BsWQgSg76BoMhhWL/story.html?p1=Article_Recommended_ArticleText

Don't let the media tell you what the fans think. All they represent is themselves. There are more than a few who get flappy lips out here. They do it for headlines and clicks on there web page. Just like the media everywhere in this country. It's more about entertainment than the real news, or story. Every Pat's fan i know hates the though of heading to mile high. Even if they think we will win, no one thinks it's a cake walk.

Brady's boy
01-20-2016, 01:24 AM
My view of the game is......a nailbiter.

BRONCOS 29
Patriots 26

Now that is a very reasonable and very possible final score. Lets see what i think...

PATRIOTS 87
broncos -3

Ha ! !!!! Ok not funny, my bad. I'll go...

NE 28
DEN 24

Pat's trail late 24 to 21. Tommy gun leads them on a game winning TD drive. I do think both teams will be in the 20's,, just like you.

tripp
01-20-2016, 01:34 AM
Now that is a very reasonable and very possible final score. Lets see what i think...

PATRIOTS 87
broncos -3

Ha ! !!!! Ok not funny, my bad. I'll go...

NE 28
DEN 24

Pat's trail late 24 to 21. Tommy gun leads them on a game winning TD drive. I do think both teams will be in the 20's,, just like you.

I tend to agree with you that I think the winning team comes back from behind and wins. I think the more dangerous team is the one trailing for some reason. I think if we do win, it'll be similar to that of week 12. I can't see us sustaining a lead through out the game, or for an entire half. I'd rather not have Brady with his back against the wall, which sounds silly to say considering our defense has been the one bailing us out all season. I'd like to see our offense assemble a last minute drive to win this.

tripp
01-20-2016, 01:39 AM

Personally, I don't think he's worth the money. I find him to be a bit of a thug, and a reliability out there. Darien Stewart on the other hand, worth the money. Been a big fan of him since week 1 when he caught the INT in the back of the end zone to win the game against Baltimore.

Brady's boy
01-20-2016, 01:47 AM
I tend to agree with you that I think the winning team comes back from behind and wins. I think the more dangerous team is the one trailing for some reason. I think if we do win, it'll be similar to that of week 12. I can't see us sustaining a lead through out the game, or for an entire half. I'd rather not have Brady with his back against the wall, which sounds silly to say considering our defense has been the one bailing us out all season. I'd like to see our offense assemble a last minute drive to win this.

I am starting to like most of you guys here. I'll add you to that list. We live on opposite sides o f this great land, but we are thinking quite alike . I to would rather trail and have the ball in Brady's hands late. Than to have it come down to our defense needing a stop late. Thanks for elaborating on your thoughts. Good stuff rightt there!

Canmore
01-20-2016, 01:53 AM
There we go! Thanks for answering my question. Holy crap, on that cap hit though. I always saw him as a throw back type of SS. Hard hitting run stuffer type, but struggled in coverage. My all time favorite player is Rodney Harrison. So thats why i asked the question. I love that type of SS, but there disappearing very quickly. Would you let E. Sanders or D.Thomas walk because of Wards cap hit? I mean, do you like him that much?

As NightTerror218 said I like TJ Ward. His limitations are in pass coverage, but the rest of his game is very solid. Sanders and Thomas aren't going anywhere.

tripp
01-20-2016, 01:54 AM
I am starting to like most of you guys here. I'll add you to that list. We live on opposite sides o f this great land, but we are thinking quite alike . I to would rather trail and have the ball in Brady's hands late. Than to have it come down to our defense needing a stop late. Thanks for elaborating on your thoughts. Good stuff rightt there!

I was watching that game with my brother-in-law who was a Pats fan, and when we scored with Caldwell with a little under a minute and a half remaining, he was saying game over, etc, etc. I kept telling him, this isn't over, that's more than enough time to drive down the field with Brady as your QB.. sure enough the ****** drives down the field with ease, gets into FG position, and boom.. OT.

The same thing can happen Saturday. This game is going to go down either two ways, a nail biter to the end, or a comfortable Patriots win. You guys would of won with relative ease week 12 if Harper didn't fumble the punt return and set us up with perfect field position (which ultimately shifted the momentum our way for the duration of that game). We had zero spark for the most part of that game. And if there's one thing you can count on - on virtually every meaningful Patriots game, they throw at you a play that the defense has never seen before. For example Gronk's second TD last week. Or that TD from Edelman to Amendola against Baltimore last year.

Brady's boy
01-20-2016, 02:05 AM
Personally, I don't think he's worth the money. I find him to be a bit of a thug, and a reliability out there. Darien Stewart on the other hand, worth the money. Been a big fan of him since week 1 when he caught the INT in the back of the end zone to win the game against Baltimore.

Thats it! Your my boy tripp! If i ever head out to Denver i'm looking you up. I'll be the tall irish guy wearing a Brady jersey knocking on your door. I also think ward is a bit dirty, glad you said it first. I said earlier in ths thread that Rodney Harrison was my favorite player. A bit dirty also, but very smart. Which allowed him to cover very well. I don't see his cap hit(s) worthy of the player he is. I feel the same way about our FS D. McCourty at 6 or 7 mil i think? I know Wards a SS but you get the idea.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-20-2016, 02:20 AM
Things are getting way too gay in here.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-20-2016, 02:21 AM
Speaking of thugs though... what Amendola did last week was one of the dirtiest plays I can recall in recent memory. Should've been ejected and suspended.

Brady's boy
01-20-2016, 02:29 AM
I was watching that game with my brother-in-law who was a Pats fan, and when we scored with Caldwell with a little under a minute and a half remaining, he was saying game over, etc, etc. I kept telling him, this isn't over, that's more than enough time to drive down the field with Brady as your QB.. sure enough the ****** drives down the field with ease, gets into FG position, and boom.. OT.

The same thing can happen Saturday. This game is going to go down either two ways, a nail biter to the end, or a comfortable Patriots win. You guys would of won with relative ease week 12 if Harper didn't fumble the punt return and set us up with perfect field position (which ultimately shifted the momentum our way for the duration of that game). We had zero spark for the most part of that game. And if there's one thing you can count on - on virtually every meaningful Patriots game, they throw at you a play that the defense has never seen before. For example Gronk's second TD last week. Or that TD from Edelman to Amendola against Baltimore last year.

Once again tripp. I agree with every single word you said. I was not as confidant as you, about Brady forcing OT in week 12. Only Because Harper n La fell were the only WR's left. The Edelman pass against Baltimore was putt in on there first round bye week last year. The story goes, Bill went to Josh and told him to draw up a game changing type of play. Only to use if things looked desperate. The funky formations that gave Baltimore fits were part of it to. Down 14 in the fourth, we don't win without them. Great point! Are you a closet Pat's fan?

Brady's boy
01-20-2016, 02:32 AM

HA!

Canmore
01-20-2016, 02:33 AM

The Cheatriots are in town.

Brady's boy
01-20-2016, 02:41 AM
Speaking of thugs though... what Amendola did last week was one of the dirtiest plays I can recall in recent memory. Should've been ejected and suspended.

Iwas watching the replay in disbelief. I have never seen a punt returner smoke the dude trying to down the football. But ejected and suspended!! Birfict did not even get ejected... i don't think? Let the little guy give a shot, he takes them all the time.

Canmore
01-20-2016, 02:47 AM
Iwas watching the replay in disbelief. I have never seen a punt returner smoke the dude trying to down the football. But ejected and suspended!! Birfict did not even get ejected... i don't think? Let the little guy give a shot, he takes them all the time.

Why am I responding to the troll? It's Burfict and LaFell and he is on your team!

Gronk Spike
01-20-2016, 05:54 AM

Just a couple of guys sitting around and watching football.

Gronk Spike
01-20-2016, 06:01 AM
New England Patriots put LB Jerod Mayo (shoulder) on IR. Jerod Mayo's season is over.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000625466/article/new-england-patriots-put-jerod-mayo-shoulder-on-ir

Mayo has been hurt for a while now.

He aggravated his injury vs KC. Solid ILB who calls the plays, but NE has depth to fill the void.

Gronk Spike
01-20-2016, 06:05 AM
AND, here they come.

Hey Gronk Spike:

Who do you think I am? BroncoJoeBlow?

Gronk Spike
01-20-2016, 06:14 AM

What?

If you can read this are you trying to communicate or something?

Gronk Spike
01-20-2016, 06:43 AM
A lot of talk about Bradys post season stats.

What about Peyton Manning?

Its not pretty. 25 total post season games and Manning is 12 - 13 for a 48% win percentage. Similar to passing the football, 66% or higher is the preferable number. Succeeding 2 out of 3 opportunities will win a lot of games. John Elway is a 66% post season win QB for example. Manning is 9 - 10 with the Colts in post season play and 3 - 3 with the Broncos in post season play including the Pittsburgh win last Sunday.

That's right, average or below average. Those are the facts. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_starting_quarterback_playoff_records

tomjonesrocks
01-20-2016, 07:09 AM

Atrocious, no doubt. BB "saw no problem with it".

Northman
01-20-2016, 07:11 AM
Yet Manning is 2-0 in the last 2 playoff meetings.

BroncoWave
01-20-2016, 07:19 AM
Why am I responding to the troll? It's Burfict and LaFell and he is on your team!

Dude, you're kinda the one trolling right now, not him.

Gronk Spike
01-20-2016, 08:15 AM
Yet Manning is 2-0 in the last 2 playoff meetings.

Manning is due for a loss.

This game boils down to who is the best QB. A good QB can foil a good defense the same way pitching negates good hitting in baseball.