PDA

View Full Version : Dear Beloved Broncos.

Northman
01-17-2016, 12:12 PM
So, here we are. Another grand chance to do something special, something that most teams any given year can never sniff. Yes, we Bronco fans are spoiled to some degree as we have been lucky enough to have great ownership, great coaching for the most part, to be attached to two of the best QB's to ever play the game, and to have passionate fans who care about their team win/lose. Yes, we can be hard on you yet we can also be strongly supportive. Thats how a love/hate relationship works with fandom. Win or lose today we stand behind you just like we always have from day one, but despite our success over the years we at times how allowed some great opportunities to slip by. Whether its because free agency no longer brings overall loyalty and/or indifference or because it simply wasnt meant to be that day is anyone's guess. Point is, these opportunities dont always present themselves and can show just how difficult it is to get them when they are there.

Two years ago we got to the big dance but laid an egg. It happens but can only go to show just how hard it is to seal the deal when getting there. Furthermore, the following year we saw just how difficult it can be when the heads and hearts are not in the right place, when the focus is somewhere else and not on the task at hand. In 2015 you have battled injuries, adversity, and a tough schedule to achieve what you have up to this point. But if there is anything that past history has taught us is to focus on the opponent and game today. Nevermind what the Patriots have done for 5 straight years, nevermind the ongoing rivalry with said team. Today the opponent is the Pittsburgh Steelers, today is when you must take advantage of a team beat up from the week before. A team that came back just a few weeks before and embarrassed what is the best defense in the NFL. Its time to utilize the hard work you have put in all year to gain home field advantage, the chips have fallen in our favor again this year so now, not tomorrow, not next year, but now is the time to take advantage and get the job done.

You only have so many opportunities like this and with a future HOF QB who may be playing his last year the time is NOW.

No matter how we get it done, not matter who the QB is now is the time to unite as a team and execute as a team to get the job done. Beat the Steelers today, then worry about the Patriots. Dont let the home field, the best defense in the NFL, one of the best QB's ever with a curtain call, and one of the best organizations slip through your fingers. Get the win today, show the NFL that we are a team of destiny and passion. Show them we are not to be messed with and have the desire to never quit. In 2012 the Ravens used the retirement of Ray Lewis to ride a wave all the way to a championship. Even though Peyton hasnt announced his retirement use it if you must, if you really respect him as a player than use that motivation if it gives you encouragement. As a team, as fans, lets get this done today and use it as a stepping stone to something greater. WE, the Orange and Blue Nation are right there with you.

Go Broncos!

Sincerely,
Northman

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-17-2016, 01:25 PM
Hear, hear!

Well said, North.

wayninja
01-17-2016, 02:25 PM
The broncos read this board? Holy shit, I need to tone some shit down.

Northman
01-17-2016, 02:26 PM
No, they dont. lol

Shazam!
01-17-2016, 02:37 PM
This team can do something incredibly special starting today.

This one's for Peyton.

Ty North, well said friend.

gregbroncs
01-17-2016, 02:55 PM
The broncos read this board? Holy shit, I need to tone some shit down.You never know. I frequent a Jazz board and there is at least one player who has legitimately commented about stuff I had only seen there. None of them will ever admit it though.

Northman
01-17-2016, 08:40 PM
Again the Broncos are the heart attack squad but got it done. Here is some pics of the bar with a video after the game.

https://www.facebook.com/james.s.corprew/videos/10153575841018183/

Missy

Some of the crowd before the game.

wayninja
01-17-2016, 08:43 PM
Dear Broncos,

Get your ******* shit together.

Signed,
Everyone who watched you in a playoff game, with Homefield advantage, after a bye week.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-17-2016, 08:48 PM
I could never watch the Broncos with alcohol available. I'd drink myself to death, or at the very least, get severe alcohol poisoning.

Northman
01-17-2016, 08:54 PM
I could never watch the Broncos with alcohol available. I'd drink myself to death, or at the very least, get severe alcohol poisoning.

Surprisingly i didnt have any at the bar. But i picked up a six on the way home. Missy however had a few beers in her, you can see her dancing in front of me in the back left with the Davis jersey on. lol

https://www.facebook.com/victoria.james.589/videos/1089801434384501/

Shazam!
01-17-2016, 08:59 PM
Maybe the Bye hurt them, overlooking the Steelers?

Whateva. Be ready next week!

Northman
01-17-2016, 09:01 PM
Maybe the Bye hurt them, overlooking the Steelers?

Whateva. Be ready next week!

I dont think they overlooked them but im still not sold on Manning being quite able to zip passes hard enough. But.... with that said he had great protection today for the most part and the drops by the receivers was atrocious and killed any kind of chemistry or momentum for us. I dont even know the final count but there were a lot of first downs left on the field because of drops. They have to do better in that regard because our running game isnt always going to be there like it was against the Chargers.

gregbroncs
01-17-2016, 09:09 PM
I dont think they overlooked them but im still not sold on Manning being quite able to zip passes hard enough. But.... with that said he had great protection today for the most part and the drops by the receivers was atrocious and killed any kind of chemistry or momentum for us. I dont even know the final count but there were a lot of first downs left on the field because of drops. They have to do better in that regard because our running game isnt always going to be there like it was against the Chargers.I counted 8 drops. 1 in the 2nd half and 7 in the first. I may have missed some in the 2nd half though.

wayninja
01-17-2016, 10:05 PM
I counted 8 drops. 1 in the 2nd half and 7 in the first. I may have missed some in the 2nd half though.

8 drops is ******* crazy.

Simple Jaded
01-17-2016, 10:11 PM
Manning can have this one, Shazam, the next two are for Mr B.

gregbroncs
01-17-2016, 10:51 PM
8 drops is ******* crazy.
The sad thing is that it was a bunch of different guys. Going just by my horrible memory Sanders (2), Thomas (1), Fowler (2), CJ (1), Hillman (1), I'm drawing a blank on one of the drops, might have been Thomas again but not sure, but I had counted 8.

wayninja
01-17-2016, 11:20 PM
The sad thing is that it was a bunch of different guys. Going just by my horrible memory Sanders (2), Thomas (1), Fowler (2), CJ (1), Hillman (1), I'm drawing a blank on one of the drops, might have been Thomas again but not sure, but I had counted 8.

There were a few on there that were difficult. Like Hillman's drop he had just got his head around and the ball was in his face. You still have to catch that, but I get it. There was another one like that on the sidelines were a receiver (don't remember who) slipped and by the time he got up the ball was right there. Still, 8 is way too ******* many for a 1st seed team coming off a bye.

It needs to stop.

Do you hear me Broncos? I will whine impotently like you've never heard before.

gregbroncs
01-17-2016, 11:35 PM
There were a few on there that were difficult. Like Hillman's drop he had just got his head around and the ball was in his face. You still have to catch that, but I get it. There was another one like that on the sidelines were a receiver (don't remember who) slipped and by the time he got up the ball was right there. Still, 8 is way too ******* many for a 1st seed team coming off a bye.

It needs to stop.

Do you hear me Broncos? I will whine impotently like you've never heard before.I think that one on the sideline was Sanders. And your correct a couple would have been slightly difficult catches, But they still should have been caught.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-18-2016, 12:23 AM

Daniels and Norwood both had a drop also. Daniels may have been considered a pass breakup, though.

GEM
01-18-2016, 12:56 AM
This team can do something incredibly special starting today.

This one's for Peyton.

Ty North, well said friend.

This ones for Mr. B.