PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Bronco game in New Orleans!!!!

Davii
01-15-2016, 10:59 AM
Who's coming to spend the game with me and possibly have a BBQ/party at my house?

Let's do this!

weazel
01-15-2016, 11:04 AM
Davii, what area would be the best to stay? We will probably go for a week or so, all depends on the dates of course.

BroncoJoe
01-15-2016, 11:05 AM
It's all going to depend on the dates, but we'd love to come down!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-15-2016, 11:06 AM
Hmmmm..

Davii
01-15-2016, 11:15 AM
Davii, what area would be the best to stay? We will probably go for a week or so, all depends on the dates of course.

There are some hotels right next to the Superdome, but they're really only good for business trips or being close to the dome. Nothing can replace a stay in the French Quarter. It's pricey, expect 200$ and up a night, but it's worth it. I can recommend some good hotels for you if you want.

If you want to stay a bit cheaper, you can get a good rate at places like the Hampton or Marriot in Murrieta and Kenner. Those are suburbs, but literally a fifteen minute cab ride from the stadium or French Quarter.

Uptown area boasts some amazing bed and breakfast type places if you're bringing your better half. We're talking plantation homes that are amazingly beautiful in the Garden District, near Audobon park. Thing of the street car photos you've seen of the streets that have the huge oaks covered in Spanish moss over the streets, that's where it is. It's about a 20 minute street car ride to the French Quarter.

Tons of options, let me know what types of things other than the game you're interested in and i'll point you in the right direction.

Davii
01-15-2016, 11:16 AM
Hmmmm..

Do it Al. Your CCW is good here.

BroncoWave
01-15-2016, 11:17 AM
I'm going to try my damndest to make it. It's been too long since I've been down there.

Davii
01-15-2016, 11:31 AM
I'm going to try my damndest to make it. It's been too long since I've been down there.

There is no try, only do.

BroncoWave
01-15-2016, 11:34 AM
There is no try, only do.

I'm probably going to be moving back out to the west coast again this summer, so if mostly depends on what my job situation is like once I get there. I'm definitely going to make every possible effort to get down there. Selling organs is not out of the question. ;)

Davii
01-15-2016, 11:36 AM
I'm probably going to be moving back out to the west coast again this summer, so if mostly depends on what my job situation is like once I get there. I'm definitely going to make every possible effort to get down there. Selling organs is not out of the question. ;)

Well, you have two kidneys and your liver regenerates. I'd recommend the liver.

underrated29
01-15-2016, 11:51 AM
It all depends on what day the game falls

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-15-2016, 12:26 PM
Do it Al. Your CCW is good here.

Nice...so tempting. I'll check airfare. Do you know dates yet?

Dapper Dan
01-15-2016, 12:29 PM
Doubtful for me.

weazel
01-15-2016, 12:33 PM
It will most likely be French Quarter or Garden District, as my wife looked at that area and liked it.

Davii
01-15-2016, 12:41 PM
Nice...so tempting. I'll check airfare. Do you know dates yet?

Not yet. We'll find out when the schedule gets published, early April it looks like.

Davii
01-15-2016, 12:48 PM
It will most likely be French Quarter or Garden District, as my wife looked at that area and liked it.

For the French Quarter I HIGLY recommend the Hotel Monteleone. Very nice place a block from Bourbon St.

I'll get some good recommendations for the Garden District. I like the Hampton right next to Audobon Park as it's a beautiful area right near Tulane, Loyola, the Zoo, all of Audubon Park and just some great restaurants and really the Uptown New Orleans experience close by, but it's a bit far from the quarter and the stadium. I'll ask my wife what her thoughts are. Are you and the wife more into nightlife, all about the history of the city, wanting more of the food and culture type experience, etc?

Valar Morghulis
01-15-2016, 12:49 PM
I am going to speak to the wife..... Very nicely.

Davii
01-15-2016, 12:50 PM
I am going to speak to the wife..... Very nicely.

Don't you play with my emotions like that Dave. Don't you do it!

weazel
01-15-2016, 01:10 PM
For the French Quarter I HIGLY recommend the Hotel Monteleone. Very nice place a block from Bourbon St.

I'll get some good recommendations for the Garden District. I like the Hampton right next to Audobon Park as it's a beautiful area right near Tulane, Loyola, the Zoo, all of Audubon Park and just some great restaurants and really the Uptown New Orleans experience close by, but it's a bit far from the quarter and the stadium. I'll ask my wife what her thoughts are. Are you and the wife more into nightlife, all about the history of the city, wanting more of the food and culture type experience, etc?

Yes.

To all...

we will be with another couple as well.

Valar Morghulis
01-15-2016, 01:20 PM
Don't you play with my emotions like that Dave. Don't you do it!

Haha - I have just looked and there are no direct flights from anywhere in the UK into NOLA - quite surprised

Davii
01-15-2016, 01:24 PM
Haha - I have just looked and there are no direct flights from anywhere in the UK into NOLA - quite surprised

We have three major hubs less than an hour flight away, Houston, Memphis, and Atlanta. They're building a brand new 1 billion dollar badass terminal here, but it won't be done until 2018.

Make it happen Valerie Margoupis. Make it happen.

NightTrainLayne
01-15-2016, 02:20 PM
I am highly interested.

weazel
01-15-2016, 04:31 PM
I am highly interested.

this makes me highly aroused

weazel
01-18-2016, 10:16 AM
I will probably gain 30 pounds while I am there...

SR
01-18-2016, 10:30 AM
We'll make it.

Valar Morghulis
01-18-2016, 01:30 PM
I should know more this time next month as I am currently unsure where I will be living next fall, but word is expected soon.....